Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

Justin:


"Bri, baby, the boxes with the Unmentionable's comics had just gotten here" I told him, soflty, as I gently placed my hands on his shoulders, trying to get his attention. Since we got back from court, yesterday, he hasn't left bed. The whole situation has him at his limit "What do you want to do with them?"


"Take three copies of each comic, at least the kids will enjoy them: one collection for Gus, the other one for our little princess and the last one for Molly. Sell the rest by eBay, at least we'll gain some profit out of the unmentionable's obsession" he answered me.


"We'll gain profit from selling his store and renting the flat above it, won't we?" I asked him, confused.


"No, we'll get profit out of selling the comics and renting the flat above the store. The store itself is an investment" he replied, puzzling me even more. 


"Investment for what?" I pressed, wanting to know what was going on.


"Take it as killing two birds with a stone, make you happy and make him suffer. I want to turn the store into an art gallery, that will make him suffer as nothing else could. Seeing his dreams turning to dust, just to resurface from the ashes as the fulfillment of yours. And the most important thing, it will be the perfect wedding gift to you" Brian confessed to me.


"Bri... what... why..." I stuttered, overwhelmed by what I just heard.


He finally turned around, to face me, a small smile playing on his lips "I know that you are planning on taking a sabbatical year from school and ask Laura to wait for you, for that internship. You already contacted the mayor, telling her you would not be able to help her out with any more murals around the city, anymore. After the summer, the only thing you'll have left to do is work on Rage, help me every now and then with Kinnetik and visit the movie montage every other day" I could only stare at him, like an idiot, not believing how much he knew about stuff I never told him.


"This has taken a toll on you too, Sunshine. There is no need to hide it or feel embarrassed about it. You almost died, Justin. Our baby, almost died. You want to take a year for yourself and to raise our daughter and son, there is no shame on that. Also, it's not like you would be doing nothing at all, not that it would be wrong if you wanted to do nothing but stay with our children" he rushed to correct his slip "You would be continuing to create an amazing, international, comic. Also, you would be advising a millionaire advertising company and overlooking the movie about your comic. I don't get why you see taking things slowly as a bad thing, Sunshine"


I could tell him I don't know why, but that would be lying... to both of us. No matter how much I would like it to be true, I know the reason why I had to be in control. However, I didn't want to admit it. I then looked at the earnest look Brian has ever shown me. This man who changed so much for us, why couldn't I do the same. I took a deep breath and decided to go with the truth, to finally face the music.


"After the bashing, everything crumpled around me. I couldn't control my hands, I couldn't control the people I could see- perfect example, when my mother forbid you to see me-, I couldn't control where I could live, I couldn't control what I could say... how I could feel. I lost control of everything, Bri. Everything was near, but at the same time out of reach. I hated that feeling!" I snarled, under my breath. A few tears rolling down my cheeks "I also, felt so lost and unwanted. Someone had tried to kill me! Was I that unwanted that the world was a better place without me?!" I suddenly raised my voice's tone, my emotions everywhere.


"Then I didn't know I had your support, well I did but with everything going on I couldn't see it clearly. I thought I was on my own... so, I decided to take back the reins of my life. I began looking for ways to support myself, so I would need of no one if things didn't work between us. One thing led to the other and suddenly I was doing ten things at the same time. I was overwhelming and too much sometimes, but it kept my mind occupied and our of the painful reminder of how sad my life was. It also was the reputation I gained, the boy who could achieve anything! Who wouldn't want to be that person. I thought I could have a baby, I could have a relationship, I could study law, help you and the Stuarts out, I could have my dream internship and continue drawing Rage" I scoffed, humourlessly "I was naive and presumptuous. I can't do it all... what's so difficult for me to admit it is that it would mean I don't have control over my life anymore"


"You can't control everything, Sunshine" he tried to placate me, but only making it worse.


"I know! I know that... but it doesn't mean I like it. Bri, it all started like this" I admitted, defeated.


"What?" He inquired, gently.


"My downfall" I answered, flashing him a sad smile "It all began with my emotions being everywhere, not being able to handle the situation- then the bashing, now the murder attempt-, the next thing I know I was cheating on you and lost complete control over my life. I don't want that to happen again... I don't want to be all alone again..." I sobbed, suddenly being dragged into my fiancé's arms "I hate being weak" I complained.


"I won't let that happen, Sunshine. This time I'll be there for you, every step of the way. I won't leave, Gus won't leave, the gang won't leave, your family won't leave and when our little princess gets here, she won't leave either" he promised me "And don't ever talk about yourself like that again. You arte the strongest person I know! You feel, but got up again ten times stronger than before. You have gone through so much in your life, more than people double your age had. And you succeeded! You are a successful young man, there is nothing to be ashamed. Sometimes all you need is time and help to get better, after such a traumatic situation... and I am so sorry I wasn't abel to give you either then, but I can now. So, please don't hide Justin, let me be there for you"


"Ok" I replied, softly, looking into his eyes full of love. My eyes filling with tears, ready to fall at any moment "Be there for me"


"I will" he promised me "However, I also know that you need a reminder that you still are in control of something, that thing will be the art gallery. When you go back to your studies and it might be too much, you can always hire a manager. But the final word and decision will always be yours, that's why I gave you all the rights to it. Shh..." he shushed me, when I opened my mouth to protest at that "I know what you'll say, that it isn't necesary or that you want me to have half of the shares to myself. But I know you need this. So, let me do this for you" he requested from me.


"Ok" I finally relinquished, with a sigh, gaining a winning smile from him "However, the flat above the store will only be at your name. And any profits you get from it and the comics we'll sell by eBay will also be yours" 


I know he didn't like my offer, but ended up accepting it because he knew I wouldn't back down. We are both that stubborn. Afterwards, we cuddled in bed and fell asleep in a sea of beautiful dreams.