Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

Brian:

I sighed as I finished up the call, without even replying to the bastard. That would have been just a waste of breath. I had the desire to throw the phone against the nearest wall, but it was Justin's so I couldn't. Then I went looking for my lover, I needed him right now. Strangely, I didn't find him anywhere. At one point I just gave up and went to call him, when I recalled I still had his phone. Luckily I found the note he had left me:

Bri, I saw that you were busy before, so I didn't want to disturb you. Do you remember my friend from Los Angeles, Isak? The one that works for the editorial? Well, he is in Pittsburgh for a surprise visit. We went to that family café we like so much, to catch up. I'll be back before dinner.

Love, Sunshine.

To the café then. I thought, going in search of Justin.

When I got to the café I quickly located my fiancé. He was sitting by the window in front of a very attractive man: tall, blonde, blue eyes, thin and nice smile. Who looked much younger than he really is. I am not describing Justin, but his friend Isak- they could easily pass as brothers. The main difference was the vibe they gave out to others, while my fiancé is all sunshine and brightness, Isak is like those baby angels that you want to shelter from the cruel world- and that's coming from me! If I weren't so sure of Justin's feelings for me, and the fact that I don't do jealousy, I would have been jealous. But I knew that for Sunshine he was just a very good friend, a role model. 

It was almost hilarious when I noticed that Sunshine was frozen in shock. I've never seen the polite and educated little WASP speechless, I think he had just made history. But when I began to see tears forming in his eyes I grew concerned. I quickly ducked to the table behind them, using how distracted they were by Justin's sudden tears so they wouldn't see me. This was his business, I could not interfere. I could only be here for him when things collapse, and give him the support he needs.

"I... I cannot do it Isak, I am so sorry!" I heard him whimper between tears, it broke my heart hearing him so sad... and defeated.

What couldn't he do?! I asked myself in my head, wanting to know what was causing my fiancé such pain, so I could fix it. After all, for me Sunshine could do anything he put his mind into- only look at what he had achieved in such a young age!

"Justin... what do you mean by you 'cannot do it'?! This is Hollywood we are talking about! Comic con! Two of the greatest honors comic writers get! You should be proud and starting to plan things" I heard Isak complaining, but I couldn't really pay much attention to him over the beating of my heart. 

I couldn't breath, I felt as if I were suffocating. Why? Things have gone so well lately for us, we became the solid and unbeatable team, we were supposed to always be. Why always me? Now he'll be leaving, Hollywood is knocking on his door again. Why again?  The thought of not being able to wake up next to him every day and fall asleep cuddling him into my chest... it scared the fuck out of me. Why does it have to happen to us? I need him, Justin had become my new kind of drug. One that is ten times more potent than anything Anita could have ever sold me. His sunshine smile, his twinkling blue eyes whenever he looks at me- shinning with love-, his melodious laugh, his delicious cock, his perfect ass and beautiful mind.

What's worse is that I would have just accepted and rest assure that Justin would always follow me whenever I go. If New York knocked on my door, I wouldn't turn it away. So, how is it fair that I would ask that from him. Then I made the decision of following him to Los Angeles as soon as the fight against the munchers end. 

Wait a minute... he couldn't do it?! I exclaimed in my head, snapping out of my train of pain. Movie and Comic con! They are great opportunities! Wait... Justin wouldn't... he wouldn't refuse for...  

"I cannot leave Brian in a moment like this Isak!" that's it. Those were the words that finally broke all my barriers, that made me fall in love with him all over again. He would give up a lifetime opportunity for me. Without a second thought, selflessly. How was I able to land such a perfect man?! "I'll accept the movie deal, since it'll be filmed in Pittsburgh, and let Eva be my agent- I've been looking for one anyways. But right now with Gus' parental rights fight coming up, my studies and this new job I have with Laura Lune... I cannot go into tour all over the world for Comic con. I just don't have the time. Brian needs me here, I won't abandon him... not like everyone else"

Sunshine, no... you cannot give up your career for me. I would never ask that from you! I exclaimed in my head, touched by what he was trying to do, but heartbroken for causing him such pain.

"Do you really think that Brian would have wanted you to give up this opportunity for him?" Isak asked him, firmly.

"You can't tell him about this!" my fiancé exclaimed loudly, making me jump and a lot of the patrons to turn their heads towards him. He surely must be beat red right now, but instead of chuckling at Sunshine's embarrassment, I could only focus on the desperation in his voice. Is he really afraid of me? I questioned myself "I know that he wouldn't want me to. He once would have pushed me of mountain Kinney, so I would have taken the chance... like he did the time before. But right now there's more at stake. Brian might think I need this, and maybe I do, but he needs my support even more. If the movie is a success, Comic con might want me again next time. If not, I would have gained a son which is more precious to me than anything"

There's no more thinking about it. I'll marry him as soon as I have my son back. We'll be just the three of us and no one else. That's all we need, and I don't care that Mother Taylor and Debbie will kill us when they find out we ran away and got married. This is the man that loves me unconditionally, that will put me and my son before anything else. How could I not tie the knot with him and make sure he never leaves us?! But I'll have to keep it from him for now, he wants us to take things slowly. I hope he'll like the surprise.

"Justin, how good do you know me?" Isak asked my fiancé and continued without letting him answer "Do you really think I would just let this bomb on you knowing everything you are going with and not make sure you'll be able to accept? I wouldn't cause you that kind of pain, come on Justin! You are my young apprentice! I would never do something to harm you like that"

Ok... I kind of am starting to like this guy. I thought, contemplating how he was going to fix things up.

"What do you mean by that?" Sunshine asked his friend slowly, hope slipping through his tone of voice. 

"When will you take 'the munchers', like your fiancé calls them, to court? And how long do you think it will take you to win it?" he began, confusing me with where is he trying to go with this.

"In two weeks. And Laura is sure that in two more we can easily prove what an unfit mother Lindsay is and win the rights over Gus" and by the tone in Justin's answer he was as well.

"You are at the end of your school year, aren't you? The only thing you have left are your finals. And for what I've heard you'll wait until the beginning of your second year in pre-law, before you start working with Miss Lune- after all you want that to count as an internship and give you credits for your degree. Which means that you'll have all summer to only focus on your art. Comic con this year, is during the summer Justin! You'll be free to travel around the world promoting not only your new volume for the comic, but also the movie! It will be a tight fit, you'll need a timetable and stick to it or it won't work... but I believe you can do it Justin. After all, you have the brains and abilities too. Brian could also bring Gus along, he'll have to skip a few weeks of work and then spend the rest of the trip working from the computer... but if he really loves you he'll follow you anywhere" Isak tells him.

"I surely will" I assured them, startling them when I came out from my hideout.

"Bri... how much did you hear?" Sunshine stuttered, eyes wide open.

"Enough to know you would throw away an incredible chance for me and Gus" I replied, taking a chair, from a table nearby, and sitting next to my fiancé "What countries will we be visiting?" I asked the other blond.

"The United States, of course, the cities of Los Angeles and Pittsburgh. Then: Canada, Argentina, France and Norway" he answered.

Canada... I thought, smiling softly at how things were fitting just like they should. Sunshine wants to take things slowly and he will: first signing his contracts for the movie and Comic con, then the fight for Gus' parental rights, after that, his finals, followed by the worldwide tour for promoting his comic and future movie, we get hitched in Vermont- just the three of us- and when we come back I get back to Kinnetik and Justin to his studies and internship with Laura, while raising Gus. It will be hectic for a while, but it'll be one step at the time. Justin is right, we cannot take over everything at once. No matter how good we are, we wouldn't be able to handle it.  

"Justin will do it. No arguing Sunshine" I warned my fiancé when I noticed him opening his mouth, ready to protest "Do I need to tell you that this should be kept a secret?" I questioned the man sitting in front of us, smiling softly at us.

"My lips are sealed" he assured me "Fy faen! Is it really that late?! I have to get going, I have a business meeting soon. Let's meet again soon before I get back to Los Angeles. I need to give you the invites and you have to sign the contracts. Also, I need to discuss with Brian about having Kinnetik be the only one advertising Rage internationally" he told us, putting some cash down on the table and then rushed out of the café.

This would be the first account I'll be representing internationally... Justin you'll never stop bringing good things into my life, will you? I thought, almost bursting in joy at this great opportunity.

"We have to talk with Laura, we have another job for her" Justin told me, laying her head on my shoulder, as I wrap my arm around his shoulders pulling him closer to me.

"Invites?" I asked curiously.

"Yeah, you, Gus and I get to go to the premier of the third movie of the trilogy Dream, Dreaming" he answered.

"You never cease from amazing me, do you Sunshine?" I commented, shaking my head amused.

"I have to keep you on your toes, Bri" he replied, cheeky smile on place. But then, it vanished to get replaced by a serious one "What was that phone call about? When I went to see you before I left with Isak, you were on the phone with someone- my phone" 

"You were working on Rage so I didn't want to disrupt you and answered the phone call for you, without checking who was it from... it was the unmentionable" I answered him "The idiot found out about what you did to his character and went ballistic, I think I've never heard him whine so much before. And that's something to say. At least we got something from him"

"What do you mean by that?" I demanded to know, all amusement gone and replaced with anger.

"You see, the munchers will surely use the unmentionable to testify against me- about what a horrible father I am. He'll surely will do it, because being a full time father will mean that I'll not have enough time for him and his whiny needs" I began explaining "But he never would have thought I was the one who would answer your phone, he still thinks we are over. So, when I answered the call he sang like a bird. Surely to make you feel like shit, that he had won so many times over me against you. I just can't believe I once thought he was my only and real friend... that piece of shit tricked us both for too long" I spat the last part as if it were poison.

"What did he do?" Justin growled, and if things weren't so messed up I would totally be turned on right now.

"Why don't I just show you?" I replied, playing the recorded conversation. Thank goodness I thought fast, now the judge will not believe a word this lying criminal says- this is proof of how unreliable the unmentionable is. By the end of the recording Justin was fuming "Don't do anything stupid Sunshine. Wait until we are in court, then everyone will know what Lindsay and the unmentionable did to us. We'll take every skeleton they have in their closet into broad daylight, and we'll show everyone how they've wronged us. Revenge, after all, is a dessert better served cold"