Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

 

 

Brian kept his promise to Justin that he didn't want to keep putting their lives on hold. That he wanted something to happen. Their house was currently having construction being done on the inside. Their bedroom, bathroom and closet being made bigger for starters. They basically spent a week straight, going over every detail of what they wanted to change. What they wanted to add. They had gone through each room individually. Like downstairs was the kitchen, then dining room, the living room two bathrooms, Brian's office, a playroom for Gus, the laundry room, and a family room. Brian didn't really understand the difference between a living room and family room. But once Justin sat down and explained it to him, he saw what made it so exciting.

Justin really wanted his home to be a place that Brian could bring clients home and entertain them. The good kind of entertainment of course. And wanted a living room that they could do that. It was formal enough that he could bring clients, and even do a presentation. And comfortable enough that they could invite their family over, and even relax in at the end of the day. But the family was room was exactly the way it sounded. Family room. It was a place that was relaxing and comfortable, but it was where they could get down on the floor and play with Gus and J.R. A place where it could get messy. Throw some pillows on the floor and jump on them. Have a closet that had games in there to play. Have an entertainment center filled with movies for the whole family to watch. He wanted some place fun.

Down in the basement, it was completely opened. There were two different stair cases to get down to it, so they had decided to put a wall in the middle, and decided to make one side a game room of sorts. There was going to be a beautiful elaborate bar, flat screen T.V. A pool table. It was going to be a place for the adults to go, like Woody's. A dart board on the wall, the best sound system for dancing. The other half was going to be their own gym. Brian loved working out and keeping his body in shape. Justin loved his body, so was all for Brian spending more time at home and working out his hot body.

On the second floor would have Brian and Justin's master bedroom, bath and closet. And what a huge closet it was going to be! Then there would be Gus' bedroom. Justin could tell Brian was ecstatic, even though he was trying to down play his excitement. When they had discussed it with the girls, they had been more than thrilled. They wanted Brian to be more active in Gus' life, and figured by giving him his own room and even a playroom, was the best step in that direction. There was even a pull out bed, for when J.R. got old enough, she could sleep over. There were also eight other bedrooms on the second floor, that weren't anything. They decided that for now, since they had no clue what to do with them, to just make them guest rooms. Brian didn't know why Justin wanted that many guest rooms, but Justin said he was excited for holidays. And no one wants to come over super early, or leave super late when they have a 30 minute drive. They could stay over. So for now, they had eight freaken’ guest rooms.

There was also a big room above the garage that you could get to from the second floor. They had decided to make that a theater room. Justin had told Brian, that when he was still in high school, he had joked with Molly that he wanted a movie theater in his house when he got older. This would be the perfect room to make that happen. They could put up a big screen, like the kind at theaters, on the wall, and have big curtains, and make it raised with that they could put recliners in the room. Brian even bought a popcorn machine for Justin to put in the theater room.

The attic was massive. Brian couldn't believe how huge it really was, and wondered if Justin would even be able to utilize the whole space. But their designers were more then up for the challenge. Listening to Justin, and even Michael, who Justin insisted have a say in their Rage studio, they were up for the challenge and full of ideas. They could utilize the whole space for them. Having a living room area, where they could sit down and put their feet up. Having a massive white board on the wall, and even a portable one. Having one whole side with the desks and computers for their designs. Having art tables for Justin to work with. Having a conference room sized table. Even having a small kitchen area. The designers were good, because they could tell that Justin and Michael were a little A.D.H.D. and needed a huge space to spread out.

One stable was going to be turned into Justin's art studio, where he could work on his paintings for Josh's gallery, and anything his hand could whip up. The other stable was going to be fixed up, so they could get a few horses. There was going to be a big huge beautiful patio that they could have amazing parties outside, with the pool. They were even having a fence put in around the pool. One that with a push of the button, and a code, would come up from the ground to block it off from the kids when no adults were there, but then would go back down when they wanted to use it.

They were going to have a magnificent playground built out back in the grass. Gus was so excited to have a playground built for him. Brian did splurge though, because he couldn't decide what exactly he wanted to put out back for Gus. He saw an amazing swing set that he really liked. So he decided to get it for Lindsay and Melanie's backyard. When Justin asked him why he did that, he said because he didn't want it to look like he was trying to bribe Gus to come over to his house. He wanted it to be fun for him, yes. But he had two homes. And he wanted Gus to have just as much fun in his backyard with his moms. Justin thought it was one of the cutest things he had ever heard.

As far as the wedding was concerned, Brian had given Justin free reign. He would do whatever Justin wanted. He would give his opinion on what he liked, but he would be happy with whatever Justin decided, because as long as long as Justin was happy with their wedding, he would be happy. When Justin was looking for a venue the first time around, he fell in love with a hotel. The outside was perfect for the wedding. And their reception hall was to die for. There was even a place to hold the rehearsal dinner, that wouldn't be held in the same place at their reception. They all would be able to stay overnight, and the day after the wedding, could hang out at the pool all day. But he would have had to wait longer for their wedding, so he went with something else. But now that they weren't rushing things, Justin fell in love all over again. They decided to have their wedding May 31st. It would give the Mayor plenty of time to legalize gay marriages. It was perfect.

It was January now. The holidays going by quick, and nothing being made a big deal. But things were looking up for Justin and Brian. They were happy. Everything was working out perfectly. Brian was still buying off more and more properties in the gay community. He practically owned everything. He officially owned every single gay bar, and club. So now it didn't matter if Boy Toy did better than Meat Hook one night. As long as they both did well, Brian was happy. He bought the whole entire building that his office was in, so he started moving the other companies that were in his building. There was a salon, a bakery, a deli, and a clothes shop. All run by gay people, and were perfect for Liberty Ave. He bought vacant little shops and moved all four places. Justin asked why Brian didn't just close them out. He said because he didn't want these people to lose their jobs. And he didn't want to keep taking safe places away for gay people. The salon was run by Drag Queens. The clothes shop was run by eccentric Queens, and the bakery and deli were small, and just safe for gay people to go. All these places were important to the gay community.

After he moved them all out, he expanded his office. To Justin's amusement, Brian somehow made it look exactly like the Baths. When Brian originally remodeled, he didn't change a lot. You could tell it was the Baths. But the rest of the building looked nothing like that. The first time that Justin walked through, he died laughing. The Baths were bigger than ever. Brian thought the whole office should look the same. And it did. He expanded in just the nick of time. Because his business was growing by the day. He needed to corner off a section of his office, to have people dealing with all his properties that he was collecting up. It was getting too big for Ted. And he wanted to lessen the load on Ted. Although he wasn't overwhelmed, Brian knew that if he didn't start getting more people, it would easily become overwhelming. He also hired more people for Kinnetik itself. He was getting more accounts, and he needed more team members for advertising. Especially in the next few months, with building a house and planning a wedding, he was surely going to be needing a lot more help.

He owned more houses, and more apartment buildings. Including the very building his own loft was in. Which also came in handy, because he could tell sometimes that Justin got antsy, and needed a place to paint. So they got all of Justin's stuff out of storage, and put it in the apartment below his loft, and he turned it into Justin's playground. It made Justin a lot happier, being able to go right downstairs and paint. It was his escape from the world. It was his passion.

The hearing was about to start for custody of Molly, but they weren't worried, because Craig didn't stand a chance. They already went to court because Brian was suing him for all the medical bills for him, Justin and Melanie, and they won. Craig's lawyer tried to fight a lot of the bills that Brian was suing for, like the fact they were paying Hunter to babysit. Brian actually won, because Hunter had missed work at the Diner. And the fact that it was the same judge who had seen the fight, that she awarded every single penny Brian asked for. Brian especially loved the huge bill for Justin's surgery on his nose.

Other than that, things were getting better by the day. They were planning their life together. And it was all going well. Until he got a phone call at the loft one day. Things just couldn't go too smoothly for Brian. Something bad was bound to come up. That just happened to be his mother.

His sister called because his mother was rushed to the hospital. Brian of course made no point to help, but after a few days of his sister's constant calling, the last phone call finally pushed him to go to the hospital. His mother was dying, and needed a new liver. Justin went with him to go to the hospital, but he wouldn't go into her room. He wanted to stay in the waiting room. "Then what the hell was the point of you coming if you weren't going to go in there with me?" Brian demanded.

"Because she's dying. She's sick. This isn't about you standing up for yourself, and saying you don't care that she doesn't want you to be gay. This isn't about me and you. This is about her. I don't want to cause her anymore stress. She's dying Brian. Just be with her. I'll be out here. I have everything I need to keep myself entertained. When you need a break, come out and see me. Until then, I'll be out here. Take as long as you want, and need. All day if you want. I'll be here." Justin said. Brian leaned in and hugged him. He walked down the hall, and saw his mother in her bed. Claire was sitting next to her.

"Finally you showed up. I've only been calling you for a week." She said. Brian stood in the doorway. His mother was sleeping.

"What are they doing for her?" Brian asked.

"There just waiting to see if they can get a new liver. I went and had a test done, because I'm her next of kin. But I'm not a match. So you can go talk to the girls at the desk about setting something up so you can see if you can donate part of your liver to her." Claire said.

"Excuse me?" Brian said.

"You heard me. It's better if the liver comes from a family member. You're her son. Otherwise we have to wait for a donor. I can't do it so you have to." Claire told him. Brian burst out laughing.

"Donate part of my liver to the woman who hates me and told me I was given cancer because I was gay, and says I'm going to hell. You want me to help her? You’re fucking crazy." Brian said, and laughed.

"She's your mother. How can you be so cruel?"

"How much time do you have?" he asked. If he had to explain why he could be so cruel, he would be here all day. "Well. I've come. Now I can go home. See ya." Brian said. He turned around and walked back to the waiting room. "Come on." Brian told Justin.

"Wait we just got here."

"And now we're leaving. Come on let's go home." Brian said. Justin stopped him with his hand on his arm.

"What happened?"

"My fucking sister wants me to get tested to see if I can donate my liver to her. Fuck that shit. I'm not doing anything." Brian said. Justin pulled him back.

"Come on. I'll go with you. We'll go see if you’re a match right now." Justin said, attempting to pull him back towards his mothers’ room.

"Did you just hear me? I said no."

"You're not going to let people say you're responsible for your mother’s death. I won't let that happen. No one's going to put that blame on you. So we're going back right now. And if you are a match, then you're going to donate part of your liver. I won't let your mother’s death be on your conscience. If you’re not a match, then that's fine. You did everything you could. But if you don't even find out, it will haunt you till the day you die. So let's go." Justin said. Brian stood there and stared at him. He hadn't even been here for five minutes, and he wanted to leave. But Justin was making him stay and get tested. Justin put his stuff back in his bag and put it over his shoulder. "Come on. I'll stay with you." Justin said. He let Justin silently lead him back down the hall, and to talk to the nurses at the desk. They directed them to a different floor, and said they would call down for Brian to let him know they were coming. They took a sample of blood, and then they were free to go. The test would be done in an hour. They went back up to his mother’s floor, letting the nurses know they were in the waiting room, and waited.

"If I'm a match that means I'll have to have surgery and be in bed for a fucking month." Brian grumbled.

"It won't be that bad. I'll be there to wait on you hand and foot." Justin said, trying to make it sound good. Brian snorted.

"My own person nurse maid." Brian said sarcastically.

"You know you'd love me taking your temperature." Justin joked. A little over an hour later, a nurse came and got them, and brought them to one of the doctor's offices to hear the results.

"I'm sorry to say that you aren't a match Mr. Kinney." the doctor said. Brian was relieved. "Mrs. Kinney was saying yesterday that she has a son. Would he be able to come down to the hospital and get tested?" the doctor asked. Brian and Justin looked at each other oddly, and then back to the doctor.

"I am her son." Brian said.

"I mean Mr. Kinney, a biological son. Her daughter said there was a biological son that she had been trying to get in contact with to come down. Will he be able to come down any time soon?" he asked. Brian just stared at him.

"Doctor Fritz. Brian is Joan Kinney's biological son. She only has Brian and Claire." Justin said. The doctor stared at Brian, then down at his paper work, and then made the strangest face. Like he had just realized what he had said. He took his glasses off and rubbed his eyes.

"Mr. Kinney I am very sorry for my error-"

"What the hell are you sorry for? What does your fucking paper work say?" Brian demanded.

"Mr. Kinney I am sorry-"

"Don't keep telling me that you’re fucking sorry. Why would you question if I'm her biological son? What the fuck does my blood work say that you would ask me that?" Brian demanded. Justin put his hand on Brian's arm.

"Brian calm down." Justin said.

"Fuck that. What the fuck did my blood work say?" Brian demanded. The doctor took a deep breath.

"By reading these results...you are not the biological son of Joan Kinney." he said quietly. Justin's eyes widened as he looked at Brian. Brian just stared at the doctor. "And I looked at Claire's test results...and you’re not even related to her." the doctor said. Justin had been stunned. What the hell just happened? "I am so sorry Mr. Kinney. The way they were talking...Your mother and sister never said that you weren't related-"

"She's not my mother...and Claire's not my sister." Brian said. Brian stood up, starring at the doctor. "Thank you for giving me the best news I have ever heard." Brian said. Justin's eyes widened, and the doctor gasped. Brian suddenly whipped around, and started walking down the hall, faster than Justin.

"Brian what are you doing?" Justin asked.

"That's not my mother in there. The woman who told me I got cancer because I was gay, and God was punishing me, is not my mother. That bitch never even told me." Brian said.

"Brian please just stop." Justin said, trying to pull him back. But Brian wouldn't stop. He went right into his mother's room and slammed the door opening, making Joan and Claire jump.

"Good morning mother!" Brian said loudly.

"Brian what is wrong with you?" Claire demanded. Justin pulled on his arm.

"Brian please don't do this." Justin said.

"What is he doing here?" Joan asked Claire.

"Who are you referring to mother? My gay fiancé? Or your queer adopted son?" Brian demanded Joan's eyes widened.

"What are you talking about?" Claire demanded.

"So you didn't know?" Brian asked.

"Know what?" she asked, looking between her brother and mother.

"That I'm not the biological son of Mrs. Joan Kinney." Brian said. Claire's eyes widened as she looked at her mother. Her mother was shaking. "And I must not be the biological son of Jack Kinney, because I don't have matching D.N.A to you either. So that must mean I'm adopted, and you never told me!" Brian said.

"Mom what is he talking about?" Claire cried.

"Come on now mother. Tell us the exciting story. You said when Jack found out you were pregnant; he wanted you to have an abortion with me. To get rid of me. You both told me the story. Why tell me the story if it never actually happened?" Brian said.

"It did happen. I was pregnant. But I..." Joan trailed off.

"Come on spit it out. Don't delay it. Tell me!" Brian demanded. Justin stood in front of Brian, putting his hands on his chest.

"Brian please calm down. She's sick. Stop screaming at her." Justin told him.

"Make him get out of here." Joan told Claire, looking at Justin.

"He's not going anywhere. Neither of us is until you fucking tell me what you did." Brian said. Joan wiped her face.

"I lost that baby in the hospital. He died. All I wanted was to have a son." Joan cried.

"So what did you kidnap me or something?" Brian demanded.

"She wouldn't do that. Stop yelling at her." Claire cried.

"Then stop fucking around and tell me. I want to know everything right fucking now!" Brian demanded. Joan took a deep breath.

"There were some kids. Teenagers. They had a baby, and wanted to give him up for adoption because they were too young. So they gave you to me. We had everything settled right then...and I forged your father's signature." she whispered. Claire gasped.

"He didn't even know?" Brian asked. Joan shook her head.

"Mom how could you?" Claire whispered.

"I wanted a son. I was grieving for the baby I lost...your father had...he threw me down the stairs, so I lost him." Joan cried. Brian shook his head.

"You wanted me so fucking much, that you let him beat me up. You let him kick me around. You wanted me so fucking much that you told me I was going to hell because you found out I was gay. Then you told me that God was punishing me. You didn't want me. You never wanted me." Brian said. He pointed at her. "Well fuck you! I don't need you. I never have. You'll never see me again. You'll never see your fucking queer adopted son again. You're dead to me. Just like Jack. I have no obligations to you-" and he looked at Claire. "Or to you. You married your own father. Your husband treats you like shit, and your kids. You’re just like her. You let this man beat them up and won't save them. They’re going to grow up and hate you just like I hate her." Brian said, pointing to Joan. "And your fucking kid accuses me of molesting him. For the fucking record, just because someone is gay, doesn't make them a child molester. Those are two completely different things. And it was fucking incest. I'm into neither one. Of course it wouldn't have actually been incest since I'm not fucking related to you." Brian screamed.

"Please stop Brian." Justin pleaded.

"This is the last time you'll ever fucking see me again. You’re all dead to me. Have a nice fucking life. And have fun paying all her medical bills, and all the debt she's about to leave you when she dies." Brian said. He turned around and walked out of the room. Justin went chasing after him.

"Brian please calm down." Justin said, walking fast right next to him.

"Oh I am calm Sunshine. It's the best news I was ever given. I'm not related to any of those assholes. I have no obligation to them. They'll never see my face again. I'll wipe every memory they ever had of me." Brian said.

"What are you gonna’ do?" Justin asked. Brian didn't answer him as he got into his Vette, Justin getting in the passenger seat. "Where are we going?" Justin asked.

"We're going to go to my wonderful childhood home. I'm getting rid of everything that ever belonged to me. I'm taking every picture that has me in it. I told them they'll never see my face again, and I meant it." Brian said. Justin didn't know what to do. Brian didn't like to talk about his childhood too much. He wasn't around for it. Michael was. He took his phone out and texted Michael. Brian didn't even look over to see what he was doing.

Michael I need you to go to the Kinney's house right now!

Brian's parents house? Why?

Brian's going there and he's on a rampage. He's going to take everything that was his as a kid.

Why? He doesn't care if his mom has all his stuff? Is his mom ok?

She's still in the hospital. Michael please, he needs you. We both do. I don't know how to handle this.

It was the truth. He didn't. He was unfamiliar with Brian's past.

Lindsay wants to come.

That's even better. Please I need all the help I can get.

We're in the car now and on the way. What happened?

I'll tell you all the details when you get here...but Jack and Joan Kinney are not Brian's biological parents.

There was a long pause before Justin got a text back. Because they both had Iphone's he could see that Michael would start a message, but then it would stop. Michael didn't know what to say.

We'll deal with it. We're on our way.

Justin was relieved. Both Michael and Lindsay knew more about Brian's parents then he did. They had memories of them growing up. "Brian will you slow down?" Justin asked. Brian glanced at him, and must have realized Justin was scared, and slowed the car down. "Please talk to me. I don't know what to do. I don't know what to say." Justin pleaded.

"There's nothing for you to say or do. I just found out that my whole fucking life has been a lie. That Jack and Joan Kinney aren't my real parents. I'm not even a Kinney." Brian laughed out as he shot a quick look at Justin. "All I know is my parents were to young and stupid to have a baby, so they gave their son to some lying drunk. Great parents." Brian said, clapping his hands. Justin put his hand on Brian's shoulder.

"I'm not gonna pretend I know how you feel. Because I don't." Justin said. Brian looked at him, and then back at the road. "But I do know what it's like to have a parent not love you because you’re gay. So I do get that Brian." Justin said carefully. "Please just talk to me. I'm here for you Brian." Justin said.

"There's nothing to talk about Sunshine. I'm taking anything that will remind them of me, out of that house." Brian said. He pulled up to the house and got out, with Justin following him. He got to the front porch and pulled the rug up, where the key was. Brian snorted and picked it up, unlocked the door and walked inside. Justin followed him.

"Brian please don't do this. This isn't right" Justin said. Brian laughed.

"Neither is getting drunk and beating your kid. Oh no wait. Adopted kid." Brian said. He smiled, and then turned around, walking into the kitchen and grabbing the unopened box of trash bags. He handed them to Justin. "My rooms down the hall. Put everything in here. Leave nothing behind. Not even my bed sheets. Check under the mattress for my porn. And the floor board in my closet. Lift it up. There's some more porn down there." Brian said. He reached in a drawer and pulled out a couple of pocket knives. Before Justin could protest, they heard a car pull up into the driveway. Brian looked out the window and he started laughing, and turned back to Justin. "How did they know to be here?" Brian asked.

"I texted Michael." Justin said. Brian nodded and waited for Michael to walk in, followed by Lindsay, Ben and Melanie.

"Well come on in and join the party. Did Sunshine tell you the good news?" Brian asked. They all eyed Justin.

"Brian-" Lindsay tried to say, but Brian raised his arms out wide and smiled.

"I'M NOT REALLY A KINNEY!" He shouted. Everyone just stood there, silent. "Seems Mrs. Joan Kinney was a very naughty lady. Seems she lost her own baby, so she decided to adopt another baby without telling her husband. Even went as far as forging his signature. Two stupid teenagers that were just too young and immature got pregnant and had to give me up. Round of applause for all my parents ladies and gentlemen." Brian said, clapping his hands.

"Brian just relax." Michael tried to say.

"I am relaxed Mikey. I am calm. This was the best fucking news that I've ever heard. I'm not related to these bastards who called themselves my family. This is one of the best days ever. And I'm going to celebrate it. By taking any memory of me." Brian said. He looked around at me. "So who's going to help me?" Brian asked.

"Bri, what are you doing with the knives?" Lindsay asked. He looked down at his hands.

"Well I was thinking that it would be cruel to just take a whole picture, just because I'm in it, if there were other people in the picture. So I thought, why not just cut myself out of every picture. Well, at least the ones that aren't just of me. No those I can just rip out of the frames and photo albums." Brian said.

"Brian these are your mother’s things-" Lindsay tried to say.

"SHE'S NOT MY MOTHER!" Brian yelled. Justin stepped forward again, putting his hands on his chest.

"Brian please. Let's just get out of here." Justin pleaded. But Brian stepped back.

"So am I doing this all by myself, or is my real family going to help me?" Brian asked. They all stood in silence for a moment, until Ben stepped forward and grabbed one of the knives.

"I'll start grabbing pictures out of the picture frames." Ben said. Brian smiled, and Ben turned around and grabbed one off the wall. Melanie stepped forward and grabbed one also and pulled out a photo album. Lindsay cleared her throat.

"I'll go with Justin into Brian's room. Michael can help Brian." Lindsay said.

"Perfect. Come on Mikey." Brian said and pulled Michael down the hall. Justin just stood there in shock.

"Come on sweetie." Lindsay said, guiding him towards Brian's childhood room, and shutting the door behind him.

"Why did you guys agree to do this?" Justin asked.

"I don't think we have a choice. This is what he wants. And I don't blame him." Lindsay said, pulling out a bag.

"Why didn't you let me go with Brian?" Justin asked. Lindsay scrubbed her face.

"Because the both of you are in shock. At least when me and Michael found out, we could react to the shock but then collect ourselves. You've been with Brian the whole time, and I know what it's like to be with Brian when he's freaking out. So I wanted you to have a moment to take a break and collect yourself." Lindsay said. Justin sat down and took a few deep breaths. Lindsay started taking things off of Brian's shelf and gently putting them into a trash bag.

"I don't know what to say to him. What can I say? What can any of us say?" Justin asked.

"There's nothing that any of us can say. This is Brian. You know him. All we can do, all you can do, is be there for him. Pack up all his childhood things because this is how Brian copes. The most abnormal way possible. You sit there and do whatever he wants, because that's how he processes things. We just be there for him. Because we're his family." Lindsay said. Justin looked up at her and she smiled. "Now get up and get the porn out from under his mattress." Lindsay joked.

Brian and Michael were in his parents’ bedroom, and Brian was going through his mother’s filing cabinet. Taking out all sorts of papers. "What are you looking for?" Michael asked.

"Any papers about me." Brian said. He wasn't looking closely at anything. He would see his name and then rip the paper out and put it into a pile. "Stop watching me Mikey and start cutting me out of pictures. I'd like to leave sometime today." Brian said without even turning to look at Michael.

"I know you hate her. But these are her things. We're taking all her things. She adopted you. She loved you. You were her son."

"MOTHERS DON'T DRINK THEMSELVES TO DEATH AND LET THEIR HUSBANDS BEAT THEIR CHILDREN!" Brian yelled as he stood up. "SHE'S NOT MY FUCKING MOTHER. ONLY PAPER MADE HER MY MOTHER. SHE NEVER WAS A MOTHER TO ME. NOW HELP ME OR GET THE FUCK OUT MICHAEL!" Brian screamed. Justin came running in to stand in front of Brian.

"Stop screaming at him. He's your best friend. He loves you. He's in shock. We're all in shock. His pain is your pain, and he doesn't want you to make a mistake. He only wants what's best for you. I tell him what happens and he comes running to help you. So stop screaming at your best friend." Justin said, hitting Brian's chest. He looked between Brian and Michael. He knew Michael was grateful for his defense. He and Michael had come along way in the almost six years now of their relationship. They no longer viewed each other as a threat. They both had a piece in Brian's life. Michael will always be Brain's best friend. But Justin was the love of Brian's life. And Michael was in love with Ben. "Let's just do this. Get everything out so we can get out of here." Justin said. He leaned up and kissed Brian's cheek, and then left the room again. They were there for a few hours. Brian's room was easily taken apart. Brian went around collecting different things. A picture he drew. Or a medal of his in some obscure drawer. It was the pictures that took awhile. Taking a frame down, pulling the picture out and actually slicing Brian out of it, putting the picture back and putting the frame back where it was. There was one bookcase that contained all the photo albums. So they all just sat down each grabbing an album. Brian had been surprised when he walked outside when they were leaving.

"Why are all the trash bags in your van?" Brian asked. Every time they filled a bag up, they had packed it into Mel and Lindsay's van.

"What do you mean why is packed?" Ben asked.

"It's in trash bags. The garbage men come tomorrow morning. Leave it all out for them to take." Brian asked.

"Brian this is your whole childhood right here. We can't just throw it out." Michael said.

"It was my childhood based on lies. This wasn't my fucking family. Throw it all away." Brian said as he was walking towards the van, but Justin again got in his way and shoved him back.

"No you’re not throwing any of that away. Just because she lied to you, and they were mean to you, doesn't mean you get to throw your childhood away and pretend it didn't exist. What if you want something Brian? What if when Gus gets older, he wants something? What if Michael or Lindsay or even I find something that I want?" Justin asked. He looked back at the van filled up, and then back at Brian. "We're not throwing it away." Justin said. Brian stood there starring for a moment and then pulled his keys out of his pocket.

"Fine. Put it all in the apartment below the loft. But I don't want to ever see it again." Brian said as he started walking towards the Vette. Justin looked back at the other four.

"Thank you for coming to help us." Justin said.

"Where else would we be?" Michael asked softly.

"We'll figure out a time to drop this all off at the loft." Lindsay said. Justin nodded and walked over to the Vette, climbing into the passenger seat. Brian was silent the whole way home. When they got to the loft, he walked in and hopped in the shower, without uttering a word. He figured if Brian wanted him to join him, he would have asked him. What the hell happened today? Things had been going so well for them. The house was starting to look more like their home every single day. He was planning the wedding, and it was going perfect, and then this happens. Brian's parents weren't really his parents? How the hell did that happen? Brian had been quiet when he got out of the shower and walked into the kitchen to the fridge, with a towel around his hips.

"Are you ok?" Justin asked softly.

"Best day ever." Brian said sarcastically. Justin slammed his hand on the counter.

"Stop it!" Justin said, startling Brian. "Stop acting like that. The old Brian used to act like this. Moody and never talking to me about how you feel. Don't go backwards with me. Something terrible and shocking just happened in your life today. Your whole world is different. From this day forward, your life is never going to be the same again. That has to affect you. Otherwise you never would have packed up anything that you so much as touched as a kid if you didn't care." Justin said. Brian just stared at him. "Even though there not your biological parents, they were your adopted parents. They raised you Brian. And it sucks. But you can't pretend like it doesn't affect you. That you don't feel anything. You and I are different now. We tell each other things. You don't have to sit there and cry and be all warm and fuzzy, but damnit don't just shut me out of this." Justin said. They stared at each other for a few minutes.

"I'm sorry for screaming at you so much." Brian whispered. Justin nodded. "I hate them." Brian whispered. He looked away, and then back at Justin. "And I hate her even more. And I want her to have nothing of me. I want her to feel like shit, knowing everything of mine is gone. I want it to be like I never existed. I want her to suffer for what she's done to me." Brian said. Justin nodded and stepped towards him. "I'm not going to cry." he said. Justin shook his head.

"You don't have to." Justin told him, wrapping his arms around his shoulders.

"And I'm never going to forgive them for hating me my whole life." Brian said.

"You don't have to forgive them for them. You just have to forgive them for yourself. Because you'll be miserable your whole life. And I don't want you to feel that way. And it's not going to happen tonight. Or tomorrow. But one day, you’re going to realize you’re just a tad less angry then you were the day before. And over time, you’re going to be fine." Justin said. Brian looked down at him.

"I'm not going to ever see her again." Brian told him. Justin nodded and wrapped his arms tighter around his neck, burying his face in his neck.

"You don't have to." Justin said. After a few minutes, he felt Brian wrap his arms around his waist and hug him. "You were right when you said earlier that your real family was there. They accept you for who you are. Gay warts and all. You have a son that adores you. Lindsay and Mel, even though you push their buttons all the time. You have Michael who will drop anything to help you. Debbie, who feels like you’re her own son. Emmett, Ted, Ben, Hunter, J.R. You even have my mom and sister. And you have me." Justin said into his neck. He felt Brian squeeze him tighter. "We all love you Brian. We're your family." he said. Brian made him pull back and he looked down at him.

"I just feel like going to bed." Brian said. Justin nodded his head and followed him to bed. He figured that Brian would try and fuck him that night. But he didn't. He just wanted to lie in bed, and wrap his arms around Justin. He wasn't back to his old self the next morning, but he was better. Justin made him breakfast before he went to work, and Melanie and Lindsay dropped off his things. As he was looking at all the trash bags, he suddenly thought of something that was never discussed. Who were Brian's parents?

Justin decided he would look through Joan's paper work. He wondered if he could find something with Brian's parents in there. Maybe the original birth certificate. Or the adoption papers. He went through every single bag. And he found nothing. The birth certificate had Jack and Joan's names on it. So while Brian was at work, he decided to go up to the hospital and ask Joan herself. He peaked in, and saw that she was awake; sitting up in bed, but no one was there. He walked in, and Joan's eyes hardened when she saw him.

"What on earth are you doing here? I want you to leave." Joan said, pointing to the door. Justin walked over to her and sat down.

"You don't know me. You know nothing about me, except for the fact that I'm gay, I'm Brian's fiancé, and that my name is Justin. Other than that you know nothing about me. I have this annoying habit, that when a Kinney tells me to go away, I do the exact opposite, and I stay till I get tired of it." he said, starring at the woman. "So I can sit here all day. And I can keep coming back until the day that you die. But if you want me to leave, then you can answer a few questions for me." Justin said.

"I won't tell you anything. You mean nothing to me. You’re going to hell." Joan croaked out. Justin held up his hand.

"Please don't give me that bull shit that I'm going to hell. Just because you go to church doesn't mean that automatically gets you a ticket into the kingdom of Heaven. You have to earn it. And by never loving your son, letting your husband hit your son. Lying to not only Brian, but your own husband about who Brian really was. Telling him that God is punishing him by giving him cancer...well I think God frowns upon all that. So please spare me that lecture and get down off your high throne because you Joan Kinney are no saint." Justin told her. Joan gasped. He leaned forward. "You have never done anything right by your son. This is your time to try and do something right by him. To do something to make up for all the pain you've caused him, because Joan Kinney you have caused him 35 years of pain. So you owe him this." Justin said.

"What do I owe him?" she snarled.

"You owe him to tell him where his parents are. You owe him the truth about who he is. About who his real parents are. You need to make things right. This is your one shot. Your last shot before you die, because you will die Joan." Justin said sitting back. "If they don't find a donor, you’re going to die soon. If they find one, then you may live for a few more years. But you are going to die. Do you want to go to your grave knowing that you never helped your son find his parents? Find his family?" Justin asked. She stared at him for a few minutes in silence, and then at the wall. "You seriously have to think about this? There's no decision to make. Tell me his parents’ names so I can go find them for him." Justin demanded. Joan sat there, closing her eyes and let the tears fall. Justin stood up and went to leave, but her voice stopped him.

"I never knew their names." she said. Justin turned back around. He walked back over and sat down. "After his father pushed me down the stairs, and I lost the baby...I didn't come right home. I took the car and went for a drive. I ended up driving all the way to New York. And I walked into a hospital in New York City. I don't know how I got there. But I was devastated. I was walking around the maternity ward, when I saw them. They were in their room, the door opened, and they were crying over the baby. Saying they were sorry. And that they loved him. But they couldn't keep him. I went in and started talking to them. A social worker came in, and we discussed it, and they let me have the baby." she said, looking at her hands. My how things have changed. It wasn't that easy to adopt a baby now. "I played it off that I just had to go next door to meet my husband, and I forged his signature. The next day I got to go home with the baby. I never knew their names. And they never knew mine...they tried to take the baby back a few months later. I went to a lawyer who did Pro Bono work. So he went to court for me, and I won. Jack never knew a thing...that's all that I know." she said. She stared at Justin for a moment, and then he nodded.

"Anything else?" Justin asked.

"They weren't 18 like they said. They were underage. I don't know how old they were." she said. He nodded and stood up. He walked to the doorway, and then turned around.

"Brian's a good man. He takes care of me, and Michael, and Lindsay, and his son." Justin said. Her eyes widened, and he sidestepped. "You didn't even know he had a son did you?" Justin asked. She shook her head. "He's a great father. He does everything he can for him. He's messed up a lot. But he's never hit his son. And won't ever do it." he said, staring at her. "He's a good man, and you never knew it. You said shame on him when you went to see him when you found out about his cancer. Not shame on Brian. Shame on you." he said, and left.