Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

 

 

 

Michael stayed with them for the next few days. Emmett drove Brian to his chiropractor appointments, getting his back aligned. After the third day, Emmett drove him to the dentist where they fixed Brian's tooth, giving him a fake one. Brian was pissed beyond belief. He always prided himself on having the perfect body from head to toe. It was bad enough having a fake ball, now he had a fake tooth.

Justin stayed asleep pretty much for next couple of days. After his Vicodin would wear off, he'd wake up in pain, Michael would give him another one, and after a little bit, he would fall back asleep. Justin always had weird reactions to medications, and falling asleep on Vicodin was no different. Brian was feeling better after four days, and so was Melanie. She was able to walk again, although her hip still hurt. But Brian's arm was still in a sling. Justin's swelling on his eye had gone down, but it was still bruised. It was his nose that was the problem.

They had to wait till the swelling went down to bring him back to the hospital. It was then that the doctors would make the decision if Justin needed surgery or not. Saying Brian was pissed was an understatement. He was going to make Justin's father pay for everything. Every single detail concerning him, Justin and Melanie. Such small details like getting groceries because they were at home instead of at work. Gas to go take someone to the doctor. The time that any of their family members didn't go to work to help with them. He even made Ben pay Hunter for babysitting J.R. and Gus. He really wanted to stick every penny to him. And he better believe that he was making Craig pay for Justin's surgery. Brian was excited. Justin just cancelled his health insurance in New York right before the accident with the nail, and was in the process of getting health insurance in Pennsylvania. So it was going to really cost some money. Of course Brian was paying for it, but he wanted his father to pay for this.

After the fifth day, Michael said that Justin's swelling had gone down enough for them to take Justin back to the hospital. They had waited a few hours after giving him Vicodin, and decided to wake him up. He would still feel the effects of the pain meds helping him, but enough that it would start wearing off, and the doctors could give him something there. "He needs a shower first." Michael said. He turned to look at Brian, Emmett and Ben. "He's been home five days and hasn't taken a shower once." Michael told them.

"Well honey how are we gonna do that with his face. He's in so much pain still." Emmett said.

"Nurse Mikey for a sponge bath," Brian joked.

"Actually that's not a bad idea." Ben said. They all looked at him. "If we could just prop him up on the toilet. Brian could do it. We just have to make sure he stays sitting up.

"We gonna wash his hair?" Emmett asked, looking down at Justin.

"I say we leave his face alone. Let the hospital do that maybe?" Michael asked. Ben nodded and looked over at Brian.

"Nurse Brian for a sponge bath." Ben joked at him. Brian smiled. He would help Justin up himself and take care of him, but he had one arm still in a sling. The pain was starting to go away, but the doctors wanted him to keep it in a sling to keep it absolutely still. That meant he had to rely on his friends to not only help him, but really take care of Justin. He didn't like that. But he nodded, and Emmett started shaking Justin.

"Justin. Sweetie wake up." Emmett said. Brian rolled his eyes.

"You think sweetie is gonna wake him up?" Brian asked. Emmett rolled his eyes at him and kept shaking him.

"Well if you’re so smart please, by all means. Wake him up." Emmett said and stood up. Brian sat on the bed next to him.

"Hey Sunshine wake up. I'll let you fuck my ass if you open your eyes." Brian said loudly, shaking him.

"Oh real nice." Michael said.

"I thought Brian Kinney never bottomed for anyone." Emmett joked.

"I never have." Brian said, smiling. Of course he let a guy once when he was younger. The first time he had sex with a guy. Brian liked the feeling, but Brian never let anyone top him again. He was a man. He was a top kind of man. Except a certain blonde came along and changed all that. It had only happened a few times. But sometimes, he let Justin be the top. Justin loved it, so if anything was going to wake him up, that would be it. And just like Brian said, it woke him up. Emmett burst out laughing.

"We'll have to have Justin let us know what it's like really fucking Brian Kinney." Emmett said. Justin looked around.

"What?" Justin moaned out.

"Justin come on. We gotta get you cleaned up. And then we're gonna take you to the hospital." Brian said, standing up. Emmett sat back down and helped Justin sit up.

"Why?" Justin asked.

"Come on sweetie its ok. We'll just get you all cleaned up, then take you to some hot Doctor Dreamy, and let them fix that nose of yours." Emmett said. He and Ben worked on getting him into the bathroom and sitting on the toilet. "Here I'll stand here and hold him." Emmett said, as only a super skinny person could squeeze in and stand between the toilet and wall. He made sure that Justin stayed sitting up, and Brian kneeled down, and started washing him with a face cloth.

"God Sunshine you stink." Brian joked.

"Nice." Michael told him.

"Fuck you." Justin whispered, making the other three guys chuckle. The guys watched quietly as Brian washed him. It was a little hard. He had to maneuver his legs around with one hand, and wash him with the same hand. But that wasn't the part that had the three men so quiet. It was the fact that Brian was being sweet and gentle with Justin. After they were done, and Brian and Emmett got Justin dressed, Emmett having to look the other way while he helped Justin stay up while Brian switched his underwear.

They got him down to the car and to the hospital. Brian stayed with him in the room while Justin dozed on and off. They took an x-ray, and the doctor decided he needed to have surgery. Justin was just so out of it, that he didn't even really realize what was going on. They admitted him to the hospital, and he would have the surgery the next morning. Brian decided to stay with him. His mother had come by and stayed for a few hours, but by 8:00, everyone had gone home. Justin pretty much slept the whole time. Woke up to go to the bathroom, but that was it. It was a little after 2 A.M. that Justin woke up and started calling for Brian. Brian was startled awake from his recliner, and got up and went to sit in the chair next to him. "Brian?"

"Hey I'm right here. Are you ok?" Brian asked, pushing some hair away from his face gently.

"Why am I in the hospital again?" Justin asked, looking around.

"Your nose. You have to have surgery tomorrow morning for them to fix it. They needed the swelling to go down before they could do anything for it. Are you in any pain?" Brian asked.

"No I don't feel anything. I'm just really tired." Justin whispered.

"That's a good thing then. They gave you good drugs. I don't get the good stuff for this." Brian said, pointing to his arm.

"Are you ok?" Justin asked, worried about Brian. He just smiled down at him.

"Yeah I'm ok. They popped my shoulder back into place. And my elbow feels much better. And my wrist should be better in no time. I just have to work on jerking off several times a day to get its full strength back." he joked. Just like he did years ago when he made the same joke to Justin. "This is the best part though." he said as he pulled his arm out of his sling and held up his middle finger that was locked in its brace. Justin chuckled. "You can't tell if I'm showing you my hurt finger, or flicking you off." Brian joked.

"One of life's greater mysteries." Justin joked, and smiled. Brian smiled back at him.

"I've missed seeing that smile." Brian admitted.

"I'm surprised you can see it under this huge thing on my nose, and my black eye." Justin said.

"Well I can't really see your face under that, but I can still see your smile." Brian said.

"Will you hop into bed with me?" Justin asked. Brian didn't think that was a good idea. "Please. I'm kinda scared to be having surgery tomorrow. I just want to sleep close to you." Justin whispered. Brian couldn't argue with that. He helped Justin sit up, and Brian lay down in bed, while Justin squeezed in carefully, avoiding having Brian touch his nose. It took a few minutes of moving, but they finally found a comfortable spot. "I love you." Justin whispered before he fell back to sleep. Brian kissed the top of his head.

"I love you to you stupid twat." he slept as still as he could, not wanting to hurt Justin. But he figured they had him pumped full of so many good drugs that he wouldn't feel a thing. Justin's mom was the one to shake him awake the next morning.

"The nurse said she was gonna be in in a few minutes to get him prepped for surgery." Jennifer whispered. Brian nodded his head, and gently started shaking Justin awake. He looked all around as he sat up.

"Morning sunshine." Brian yawned as he carefully got out of Justin's bed. He would have to go see his chiropractor after the way that he slept. He tried stretching, but it wasn't any good.

"I'm starving." Justin groaned. Brian chuckled.

"We've been trying to get him to eat for a week. And now when he can't eat is when he's hungry." Brian said.

"Sweetie how are you feeling?" Jennifer asked.

"Besides hungry." Brian told him.

"I feel all loopy. Whatever they gave me feels gooood." Justin slurred. They both chuckled. "Where's Molly?" Justin asked.

"She's at school. She says she misses you. And good luck." Jennifer said. Brian could tell Justin was smiling.

"Is she ok?" Justin asked.

"She's really good Justin. She's only worried about you. But the kid bounces back from everything" Jennifer said.

"Sounds like she's a lot like her older brother." Brian commented. Justin turned to look over at him. He knew what Justin was thinking. About the day after the bombing, and Brian went to see how Justin was doing. He told Justin, that he knew that if anyone would come out of this unruffled, it would be him. It seems that he passed that trait on to his little sister.

"Mr. Taylor?" a nurse said as she came in with a male nurse. "We're going to take you down to surgery now." she said. She looked at Brian and Jennifer. "You're welcome to stay in the room to wait for him if you'd like. He should be back within an hour or two. This is a minimal invasive surgery, and he'll be able to go home tomorrow." she told them. Jennifer and Brian nodded, and Jennifer stood up and kissed his forehead.

"I'll see you when you get out." she whispered. Justin nodded his head. She stood back to let Brian walk over to him.

"You ok there Sunshine?" Brian asked. Justin just looked at him, and Brian leaned in closer. "Nose jobs aren't a big deal. You'll be out in a few hours, and you'll sleep through the whole thing. And when you wake up, I'll bring you whatever food your blonde bubble butt desires." Brian whispered. Justin smiled.

"Cap'n Crunch." Justin whispered. Brian snorted.

"I can bring you anything in the world, and you want some crappy surgery cereal." Brian joked. Justin just smiled, and Brian leaned down and kissed him gently on the lips. "I love you, you stupid clumsy twat." Brian said. He saw relief in Justin's face. It was exactly what he needed to hear.

"I love you to." Justin whispered, and he was wheeled out. He and Jennifer sat there for a moment.

"What's the news on the home front?" Brian asked Jennifer. She rubbed her forehead.

"His lawyer is pulling out all the stops. He's attacking Tucker big time right now." Jennifer said.

"How can he even do that?"

"He's saying that Molly is uncomfortable around him. That he's mean to her. At my house and at school. Although she's in high school now and he's teaching in middle school, so they only ever see each other at my house. But he's trying to say that I let him hit her and he brings home strange women to my condo." she said, almost chuckling. "I just cannot believe what lies he's actually saying. They’re all more ridiculous then the next one. He's saying that Tucker's exposed himself to her. And then he's saying that when I do spend time with her, I'm always bringing her to hang out with all the fags. That I leave her with Debbie all the time, and he's attacking Debbie saying that she forced her own son to be gay, and forces anyone who lives in her house to be gay, and she's trying to do the same to Molly." Jennifer said. Brian laughed

"Unfortunately that part is oh so true. She wants every young man to be a fag." Brian joked. Jennifer laughed at that.

"And of course there's Emmett that lives there, who's always flaunting himself in front of her. And he says that I bring her down Liberty Ave all the time, and make her eat at the very gay and homosexual Liberty Diner." she said. Brian just realized he had never seen Molly at the Diner.

"Wait. Has Molly even ever been to the Diner before?" Brian asked. Jennifer shook her head.

"He's accusing me of that, and bringing her to all the PFLAG meetings and marches. I haven't brought Molly to Liberty Avenue once. And it's not for the reason that he thinks that I haven't. Because of all the gay people. It's because I have walked into the Diner, and there are some men that walk in there with holes in the back of their leather pants." she said. Brian just stared at her. "Molly's absolutely fine if she sees a man kissing another man. Or even a woman kissing another woman. But what I don't want to expose her to just yet, is half naked people. I'm an adult; I can handle it, and not bat an eye. And the foul language that goes on there a lot of the time. She's a young girl that doesn't need to hear details about sex. And I would feel the same exact way if I was bringing her somewhere where all they talk about is graphic details about a girl and guy having sex. Sex is sex, no matter who it's with, and some things I'd like to not expose her to. She's only 15 years old. And he thinks because I go there, that I bring a young girl there. I do have standards." Jennifer said.

Brian couldn't help but understand what she meant. It was different for Justin. First of all, he was a guy. All they did was talk about sex. And he was 17 years old when he ventured out to Liberty Ave for the first time. Molly was never around all that. She knew her brother was gay. She had seen him kissing Brian before. She had gone to a few parties where the family was. She knew Michael and Ben were married. She knew Lindsay and Melanie were married with two kids, both by gay men. She knew Emmett and Ted were gay, and both had boyfriends. She knew Vic was gay, and had died from AIDS. She knew all that, and didn't care. She liked them all just the same. But he understood that she wanted to keep Molly innocent for a little while longer.

"Well what's he saying about me and Justin?" he asked. Jen let out a big huff.

"Well you know he's bringing up everything about you meeting Justin when he was 17. He's saying you forced him. Then he's saying that before he even knew about it, I was letting Justin sneak you in and have sex in his room. And smoke pot in his room. Do drugs and drink. That I tried to hide it from Craig. That I was letting him sneak out to see you. That I even hit Justin. And the kicker. That fender bender that you had. Was me." Jennifer said. Brian laughed.

"He's blaming that on you now?" Brian asked.

"Yep. And that I kicked him out and let him live with you. And then moved him out of your loft to Debbie's without letting him know where Justin was. And he's blaming the fact that Chris Hobbs attacked him at the prom, on you. That you were the one that egged him on, and Justin just got caught in the middle of the two of you. That you just pushed Chris Hobbs too far and he snapped." Jen said. Brian could feel his blood boiling. To have to have this brought up again was sickening. And to make it sound like it wasn't Chris' fault at all was sickening and disgusting. "And his whole college education has been a bust because of you." she said.

"Wait a minute. What the fuck does any of me and Justin have to do with Molly?"

"None of it." she said. He scrubbed his face. This was getting ridiculously out of hand.

"Melanie will take care of all this. She'll shove it all out the window and keep the focus on Molly. She won't let any of this extra crap get in the way of the real reason why everything is going on." Brian reassured her.

"I just don't get why he would do any of this. Molly's going to have to be put on the stand. That's traumatic for a 15 year old who has no idea about any of this. He's single handedly putting her through pain." Jennifer said, pulling a tissue out of her purse and wiping her face.

"Yeah well after his little stunt in the courtroom, in front of the damn judge, there's no way he's going to win."

"Oh, well she may have seen everything, but she didn't hear everything. He's saying that when Justin was whispering, he said that he was going to take Molly back to your house and..." she trailed off.

"I don't even think I want to hear this part." he groaned. It could only be something gross and awful.

"He was gonna let you fuck him in front of Molly." she said. He felt like he was going to sick.

"Like I'd ever. My God...Jennifer I...I'm really sorry." Brian said. It was all he could say. A little over an hour, Justin was back, sleeping of course. Brian sat next to him for a few hours, waiting for him to wake up, and couldn't believe what the last few weeks had been like. Having Justin back...wasn't what he imagined. The first week was pure heaven. They stayed at Britin hiding from everyone. Then the second week at the loft, Justin was miserable. He had to be on bed rest, and all he could think about was what his father was going to do. Then we was off of bed rest, his father put a restraining order against them. If he thought Justin was miserable waiting to hear what his father would do, actually knowing it was worse. He had never seen Justin so unhappy. And then the past few days had been Justin sleeping all day. He hadn't been able to really enjoy having Justin home.

Melanie had stopped by for a few hours, and went over all the points in Craig's statements, and how she reassured them everything would be fine. That was one problem solved. He had complete faith in Melanie and the team he put together. Mel was in charge, but she listened and used the help of the other lawyers. Ted and Cynthia were completely taking care of Kinnetik. Ted was a super fast learner in advertising, and even was pretty good at it, much to Brian's surprise.

He got his back and arm checked out while Justin was still sleeping, and came back with his arm finally out of the sling. His middle finger still in the metal brace, but all was well. For him at least. He wanted his arm back so he could take care of Justin. It made him feel like an invalid, not only having Michael around to take care of him, but taking care of Justin. Not being able to take care of Justin himself was torture. But he could now. Justin just needed a few more days of sleep anyways.

He wanted to do something to make Justin happy. To give him that Sunshiny smile back. Something to lift his spirits. He figured he'd have to wait until Justin was back on his feet, but he wanted to push Justin to work on the house and the wedding again. He was so happy when he was sketching out ideas for the house, and when he was planning the wedding. Why should they keep putting their lives on hold? Justin felt at home in Britin with only a bed, boxes everywhere, a couch and some food. He knew Justin felt that with the little that they had there for a few days. He wanted to give Justin the world.

Justin didn't wake up again till the next morning, and he moaned in pain. "Hey there Sunshine." he said.

"I feel like I got run over." he moaned.

"I know. There gonna come in and check up on you and see if you can go home." Brian said.

"Pain meds. God my fucking face hurts." Justin groaned. Brian pushed some of his hair back.

"I know just relax. They'll be in pretty soon. They wanna’ make sure your cute button nose still looks like a cute button nose." Brian joked.

"Better fucking still look good." he groaned. The doctor came in to look at Justin. She said that it was a clean break, so it should look just the same as it did before. And that he could go home. Jennifer drove them home, and Brian felt normal again. He was the only one taking care of Justin. The next three days, Justin pretty much slept the whole time. It wasn't until the fourth day that he stayed up for a few hours. Brian gave him his Cap'n Crunch and sat on the couch with him.

"How are you feeling?" Brian asked.

"I feel like a fucking beat up teddy bear." he said. Brian burst out laughing. "I had stitches in my leg, on my head, my face is swollen and black, and I had to have my nose put back together again." Justin complained.

"You sound more like Humpty Dumpty." Brian joked. Justin nodded.

"Yeah it does...this was not how I wanted to spend my first month back here." Justin said. Brian let out a deep breath.

"I was actually thinking the same thing." Brian said. He scooted closer to Justin and wrapped his arm around his shoulders. "But I have an idea that might make you start feeling better." Brian said. Justin turned to look at him.

"I hope it doesn't involve me going out in public with this contraption on my face." Justin said. Brian just smiled at him.

"It's more for when you’re feeling up to it. We talked about it, but we weren't able to actually do it." Brian said. Justin stared at him. "I want to go move into Britin as soon as possible. I don't want to wait." he admitted. Justin tilted his head. "So. While everything's good right now. Your mom has custody of Molly, and the judge is going to side with your mom...and someone doesn't have on their sunshiny smile. So how about we really start deciding what we want to do with the house. Get someone in there to start whatever needs to be done. I bought it 9 months ago and we haven't done a thing. So let's do it Sunshine." he said. Justin smiled at him. "And let's pick a date out for the wedding and you can start planning the wedding of your dreams. Bigger and better than last time." he said.

"Really?" Justin asked. Brian nodded.

"I know you can't do much. But you can sketch. And you can play on your Mac Book looking up room designs for the house, and table arrangements for the wedding." Brian said. He got up and grabbed his sketchbook and Mac Book for him and handed it to him. "Don't let your dad get in the way of your happiness. That's all he's ever tried to do to you. Prove that you don't need him. Plan the best wedding that Gayopolis has ever seen." Brian joked, making Justin chuckle. "Design the most beautiful house that you turn into a home. Have a better marriage then your father did. Have a better career then your father ever did. Have a better home that your father ever did, and have a better wedding then he ever did. Be happy. Happier than he ever was. Let him know what he missed out on." Brian said. Justin smiled and kissed Brian softly.

"Thank you." Justin said. Brian smiled at him.

"Cynthia is waiting for your call when you feel up to it. She's narrowed it down to three different designers that she knows that you'll like. She actually thinks you should utilize all three of them." he said.

"How come?" Justin asked as he settled himself back into the couch.

"Well apparently they’re all amazing, but each of them there own special knack for one specific area of the house. There's this one guy who's amazing with anything to do with outside. Like gardening and patios and even the stables. She said if we wanted to turn the stables into something else, he would be amazing." Brian said.

"Well I did have one idea for one of the stables." Justin said. Brian could tell he blushed a little.

"Well what are you thinking Sunshine?" he asked.

"Well I do want to keep one of the stables as a stable. Get a couple of horses. Couldn't you see Gus and J.R. coming over to ride horses? They'd love it." he said. Brian smiled.

"That sounds nice. What about the other stable?"

"Well. I was kind of thinking to make it into my studio." he said.

"That sounds really good. Cynthia said he's the one that would be perfect to do an art studio." Brian said. Justin smiled.

"What about the other two?" Justin asked.

"Well the girl is apparently amazing with bedrooms and living rooms. Cynthia said it looked like she had done my loft. So apparently I already like her." Brian joked.

"What about the other one?"

"She's the one who's the expert in the sex play rooms." Brian said seriously. Justin's mouth fell open and Brian chuckled.

"Shut up." Justin said, hitting his arm.

"She's really good with kitchens and bathrooms. That's her specialty. Cynthia said she weeded out the rest. These three were the best. And for other rooms we should just have them all give us plans, like for my office or the dining room. See who comes up with something we like better." Brian said. He stretched his arms and yawned. "And then we can call up Emmy Lou. He's been dying to get started on the wedding again. You'll make his day. So we can call him whenever." Brian said. He looked over, and Justin was smiling at him.

"It's really going to happen this time isn't it?" Justin asked. Brian chuckled.

"It fucking better." Brian said. Justin didn't call anyone for three days. He still wasn't feeling up to going out. But he sketched out different ideas, and made some notes. Brian just sat right next to him, adding his own ideas, giving opinions. It was nice. It was relaxing. Brian worked from home. He Skyped into four different meetings. It was so nice to run his own company. That week alone he made 3 million dollars, and never left the loft. Jennifer came by every day to see Justin. She didn't bring Molly because their schedules never matched. Jennifer had been busy with clients, and Molly had been in school during the day, and dance after school, and then had homework. But she talked on the phone a few times to Justin, which Brian could tell made him feel a million times better. Knowing she was ok, made him ok. Lindsay came by with Gus twice. Both while Justin was sleeping off pain killers. Gus was sad to miss his other daddy. Michael came by to make sure they were ok also. Brian was glad he didn't need Michael's help anymore. It didn't make him feel good needing someone else to take care of Justin.

A week after Justin's surgery, Brian took him to the hospital to get his nose checked out. The swelling had completely gone down. And to Justin's relief, it looked exactly like it had before. The doctor said he didn't need anything on his face, but Justin wanted at least something there. They were going to have lunch at the Diner, and he wanted at least medical tape to remind everyone not to touch his face. His nose was still sore. Brian tried to argue having it there, because his face was still bruised. It was enough of a reminder. "You don't understand what it's like having your nose broken. Sometimes if I move my face to the side to fast it hurts. Air hurts my nose. Moving different muscles in my face hurts. I'm a little freaked out to be too close to anyone besides you. I know you’re going to be careful, but I don't know how other people are going to be." Justin said. Brian hadn't realized that he was nervous to be going around a lot of other people.

"It's alright there Sunshine. I'll be your body guard." Brian joked. Justin laughed and rolled his eyes. Brian was true to his word though. He walked in front of Justin as they walked into the Diner.

"SUNSHINE!" Debbie shouted as she came running from behind the counter. Brian stood in front of Justin.

"His nose Deb. Don't touch his button nose. Or he'll kick you in the balls. Bible distance apart please." Brian said. Justin smacked his back as he moved so Debbie could see him.

"Ooooh does it still hurt real bad?" she asked, squirming by how bruised he still looked.

"Air hurts his nose." Brian confirmed. Justin rolled his eyes.

"Well I'll be careful." Debbie said, holding out her arms. Justin turned his whole head as she carefully hugged him. Brian snorted at the way he hugged her, almost like he was repulsed by her.

"I'm sorry." Justin said as he pulled back.

"Don't you worry about it Sunshine." Debbie said and slapped Brian in the face.

"Oh fucking hell. That's my tooth. Why are you slapping me?" Brian said, holding his face.

"Well I would have slapped Sunshine but his face is hurt." Debbie said, smiling at him.

"So is mine. I had surgery on my mouth. Or don't you remember?" Brian demanded.

"That was almost two weeks ago. You’re fine. Come on sit down. You haven't been here in almost 9 months." she said, guiding them to a table. "Emmett should be here any minute." Debbie said.

"Sit next to me." Justin said as he scooted over to the wall.

"Why?" Brian asked.

"Because I don't want anyone getting to close to my face. If they can reach me they'll lean down and hug me." Justin said nervously. Brian got up and sat next to him in the booth. Debbie took their order and walked away.

"Are you sure you’re ok?" Brian asked. Justin was getting antsy, and was shaking his legs.

"I feel like I want a bubble around my head. When we're at the loft I can control what's going on around my face. And you’re always so careful. No one really got close to me in the hospital except the doctor, and she knows how to be careful. But out here. With everyone around. I can't control anyone's movements." Justin said, looking around.

"Why don't we just take the food to go?" Brian suggested. Justin shook his head.

"Like Debbie said. I haven't been here in 9 months. I moved back so some things would go back to normal. Like coming to the Diner. I want some things to go back to normal." Justin said.

"Why only some things?" Brian asked, curiously

"Well, we're getting married. That's not getting back to normal. That's starting something new. And moving into Britin is starting something new. But coming to the Diner, and eating with my family. That's something normal. That's something that I've missed since I moved to New York." Justin said. Brian smile and nodded, and wrapped his right arm around Justin's shoulders. "I'm tired of everything getting in the way." Justin said.

"Like your leg and your nose?" Brian said and smiled. Justin smacked him in the stomach.

"I'm serious" Justin said. Brian took a deep breath.

"Then I'll make sure nothing else gets in the way." Brian said softly. Justin smiled and leaned in to kiss him, but pulled back when Emmett screamed.

"BABY!" Emmett yelled, running over to the table and slapping Brian in the shoulder. "Get up so I can hug him." Emmett said.

"I can't. I'm his body guard. No one gets near the nose." Brian said. Emmett nodded his head.

"Ok fine. Let's sit down with them honey bunny." Emmett said, pulling Calvin into the booth across from them. "I'm just so happy to see you up and out." Emmett said, clapping his hands and jumping up and down.

"How the hell can you stand that?" Brian asked Calvin. He just laughed and wrapped his arm around Emmett's shoulder.

"You’re just jealous we're not as cute together as you and Justin." Emmett said, kissing Calvin.

"Hey now. Insult Brian all you want, but don't pull me into it. That's just unfair." Justin joked.

"It's just so easy Rudolph." Brian said. That earned him another hit to the stomach. Emmett just clapped his hands again.

"I'm just so happy that your home. We missed you so much around here. Life can finally start getting back to normal." Emmett said happily. Debbie came over and gave Justin and Brian their food, and then took Emmett and Calvin's order.

"Do you want to come over tomorrow? We can talk about the wedding." Justin said.

"Yes yes yes. Are we gonna do everything the same like last time." Emmett said. Justin shook his head.

"Some place different this time. I loved where it was supposed to be, but things are different this time. We're different. And this time it's going to be happening, and I'm not doing it in a couple of weeks. We have to at least wait till April because that's when we vote on legalizing gay marriages." Justin said. Emmett nodded his head and smiled at Calvin.

"That's going to be us one of these days." Emmett joked. Calvin just laughed and smiled.

"I think it's funny that of all the guys in Pittsburg, you find the one guy from Hazlehurst Mississippi." Justin joked.

"Like it was meant to be." Emmett said.

"Did you know each other in high school?" Justin asked. The both nodded.

"We didn't really hang out with each other. I was on the swim team and spent a lot of time either in the pool, or at home studying. I had a hard time with school, so I spent a lot of time with tutors. So not fun for my social game." Calvin joked.

"And you didn't know you were gay?" Justin asked. Calvin smiled and shook his head.

"I kind of looked at guys. But it scared me. I didn't think about it too much. But I wasn't as attracted to girls as I was to guys. But you couldn't be gay in Hazlehurst. It's not like here." Calvin said as Debbie brought over his and Emmett's food. "Emmett's told me all about you though. Everyone in school knew you were gay." Calvin said. Justin snorted.

"Well it wasn't until my senior year. I struggled with it to. I knew I was though. That's why I finally got up enough courage to go to Liberty Ave and see what it was like." Justin said, smiling at Brian, who just snorted.

"And he got fucked by a queer his first night out." Brian said proudly.

"Yeah leaving us stranded." Emmett said.

"You weren't stranded. I was just supposed to take you and Mikey home. Theodore was standing right there to take you home." Brian said. Emmett rolled his eyes.

"It was kind of hard to hide though at my school the next morning. This jeep comes screaming down the street, kids running out of the way trying not to get hit, and screeches to a halt in front of everyone, with the words in pink spray paint for the whole word to see. Faggot. It was kind of hard to deny after that." Justin joked.

"But still. They knew you were gay. You didn't deny it. You stood up for yourself. You brought a guy to prom. That's pretty incredible." Calvin said.

"Technically I brought myself. I surprised him." Brian said, then he looked over and smiled at Justin who just snorted at him.

"But he would have walked in with you, no questions asked. You were the ass that didn't say yes." Emmett said.

"But I was also the ass who showed up all hot and handsome to dance with him." Brian said. Justin smiled sadly. He still didn't remember that night. He did remember what happened in the parking garage, but he was never able to reclaim the memory of dancing at the prom.

"I really wish I had your insight and your courage when I was in high school. My life would have been a lot easier." Calvin said, chuckling.

"Oh you should have seen him that night on the sidewalk. Outside of Woody's. He started yelling for everyone to hear how he gave that kid a hand job. Serves him right. I was so proud of you baby. Standing up for yourself like that." Emmett said. Justin chuckled.

"Yeah. I sometimes wonder if me yelling that out was worth it." Justin said, starring down at the table.

"Why do you think that?" Calvin asked.

"Because I don't remember my prom night...according to my best friend Daphne, it was the best night of my life. And I don't remember it because I went out to the parking garage, and Chris Hobbs hit me with a bat." Justin said sadly. The three other men got quiet. What was there to say to that? Brian wrapped his arm around Justin's shoulders.

"There will be many more amazing nights. Like the day we get married. It will by far surpass prom. And besides, I've fucked you so good over the years, that was better than any dance in the world." Brian said, making Justin laugh, and Emmett kick Brian under the table.

"Well anyways. I am here to help you make your wedding the best day ever. I am at your service sir." Emmett joked, and pretended to bow. Justin smiled.

"It's really going to happen this time. I can't wait." Justin said smiling at Brian. After lunch when Brian was driving back to the loft, Justin started talking about the house. "I have a few more ideas I want to run by you." Justin said.

"Shoot."

"Well...I want my art studio out in one of the other stables...but I was thinking. I really want a nice place inside the house to work on Rage. Where me and Michael can just go and really let loose. Have everything hanging up. We always need a place to write on, and paper is never big enough. I was kind of thinking like a white board in there. And my computer. But me and Michael move around so much. Like at the loft we were all over. The couch, the table, the bed, the kitchen counter. I just want a place where it's big enough that we can just make a mess, but it's all in one place. Does that make sense?" he asked. Brian snorted. Of course it did.

"How about the attic?" Brian asked. Justin just smiled.