Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

 

 

"So are we gonna get this fabulous tour started?" Emmett called.

"I think we're going to have to take a rain check. Gus is falling asleep." Lindsay said.

"And J.R's already passed out." Michael said.

"Aww come on I want to go see which room is mine." Hunter whined.

"What on earth makes you think that I'm ever allowing you back in my house?" Brian asked. Hunter rolled his eyes and laughed. Brian looked over at Justin and realized he was sweating. "You alright there Sunshine?" he asked quietly. Justin slowly looked over at him. His face was white as a ghost. "Justin are you ok?" he asked.

"I think I'm still bleeding." Justin said. Brian pulled his seat back and helped Justin pull his out, and he saw that from his calf and down, his pants were soaked, and there was blood on the floor. "Jesus!" he said. This started alarming everyone as he bent down to pick up his blood soaked slacks and see that the bandage he put on Justin's leg was soaked.

"Oh my God!" Jennifer cried.

"Somebody get me some towels from behind the bar." Brian barked out. Ted was the closest and grabbed them, running over to Brian. He started wrapping his leg up, applying pressure when Justin cried out in pain, and leaned forward.

"What happened to him?" Molly cried.

"Why didn't you tell me it was this bad. I thought the bleeding stopped?" Brian said.

"I felt it a little while ago. It hurts so fucking bad." Justin said, trying to hide his face.

"It doesn't look good Brian. You need to get him to the hospital right away." Lindsay said.

"God why didn't you say it was this bad Justin? You made it seem like it was no big deal." Daphne said.

"I didn't want to ruin my own surprise." Justin said.

"Can you stand up?" Brian asked. Justin nodded, and used Brian's arm to help him stand up.

"I'm fine. I can walk on my own." he said as he pushed Brian away, and anyone close enough who tried to help. He leaned on the chair, and Brian noticed he hadn't put any weigh on his right leg. Justin looked around. "I'll be just fine. This isn't a big deal. Brian give them the tour of the house." Justin said through his teeth. Brian could tell he was in so much pain, and trying to hide it.

"No one wants to go on a fucking tour right now. They all can wait. Or if they really wanted, they could just wander the fucking property. We're going to the hospital." Brian told him, as he reached his hands out to help him walk, but Justin pushed them back.

"I can walk on my own." he said. Brian just glared at him. "Really I can." he said. He pushed the chair away, and put weight down on his right leg. He watched as Justin's eyes rolled into the back of his head and started to fall. Luckily Brian was prepared and caught him before he fell to far.

"Fucking ass!" Brian said. Ben helped him steady Justin, as he held onto Brian.

"Honey you need to go to the hospital." Jennifer said.

"You can take the rental van so he can lay down and prop his leg up." Lindsay said.

"I'll run out and get Gus' car seat out." Melanie said, grabbing the keys out of her purse and running towards the door. "I'll bring it around to the front." she called out.

"We can put it in my car. I'll take you three home." Ted told Lindsay.

"It's bleeding really bad. That's not just a scratch. What did he do?" Daphne asked.

"Fucking nail sticking out. It didn't look that bad upstairs. I thought the bleeding stopped." Brian said as he looked down at Justin's face. He smacked his cheek a little. "JUSTIN! Wake up. Don't fall asleep on me." Brian demanded.

"I'll help her with the car seat." Emmett said as they heard Mel pull the van up front, and went running out.

"Give me your other arm. We'll carry you out." Ben said. They both put Justin's arms around their shoulders, and each grabbed one of his legs. Daphne wrapped another towel around his leg, and they maneuvered him out the door as Emmett hopped out of the van with the car seat.

"Why is his leg bleeding that bad?" Molly asked.

"I don't know sweetie. Let Tucker take you back to your dads house. I'm gonna go with Justin." Jennifer said.

"We can drive her back. Let Tucker drive you." Debbie said. They adjusted Justin so he was leaning against Brian in the backseat. Daphne looked at his leg.

"I think the tip of the nail is in there." Daphne said. Brian's eyes widened.

"How is that possible? I didn't see it." Brian said.

"I'll go with you guys so I can help you bring him in." Ben said.

"I'll drive. Hunter take J.R. home. Do you mind?" Michael asked Melanie. They shook their heads as he tossed Hunter is own keys. Tucker pulled Jennifer towards his car as Ben and Michael got into the front seats. Daphne hopped in and held the towel to his leg. Emmett shut the door behind him and Michael drove away.

"Mel set her GPS up for the hospital. I don't know any around here." Michael said, as he drove ten minutes to the closest hospital. Michael parked right in front of the E.R. Daphne moved out of the way so Ben and Michael could help slide him out, and Brian and Ben carried Justin into the hospital. Michael hopped back into the van to park it, and Daphne ran ahead to get some help. Brian just heard her talking as he carried Justin in.

"Must have been a rusty nail. I can feel something in his leg. And it won't stop bleeding unless you apply pressure. It already looks infected." she told the receptionist. She stood up and hit a button, opening the doors.

"Go that way into the first room and lay him on the bed." she said. They did as they were told, as the receptionist ran out back with them, and passed the room. They laid Justin down, who had passed out.

"Take his shoes and his pants off so they can see it." Daphne said. Brian nodded and he and Ben took his shoes off. The one Brian took off was covered in blood, along with his sock. He unbuttoned his pants, and pulled the zipper down, and started pulling his pants down. Ben went to help but he shook his head.

"I've had a lot of practice in this area." Brian said. Daphne huffed and shook her head. He pulled his pants down to his knees, when he slid his left leg out, and then carefully slid the pants down his right leg, making Justin hiss. Daphne wasn't lying that it looked back. There was already pus starting to form. He wondered briefly what happened to the bandage he had put on, but pushed it from his mind when Daphne laid a blanket over his underwear, and a doctor and nurse came rushing in, with the receptionist behind them.

"Alright if we could have some room. I need someone to start filling out information for him." the doctor said. Brian sat in the chair next to Justin, and Ben and Daphne moved right out of the way.

"I'll do it." Daphne said. Just then Michael and Jennifer came rushing up.

"Is he alright?" Jennifer asked.

"There are to many people back here." the doctor said. Brian glared at him. "Only family." he said. He looked over to the nurse. "We need to get this cleaned up. And I feel something under his skin. I'll have to make another incision on his leg to take it out and clean out any other debris. How did this happen?" he asked.

"There was a nail sticking out. He was walking passed it and he just cut his leg. When I went up to see him he had a towel wrapped around it, so when I saw it I cleaned it up and the bleeding had already stopped." Brian said.

"I don't know how to answer some of these questions." Daphne said. Jennifer turned around, and nodded her head.

"I can fill it out." Jennifer said.

"I need everyone who isn't family to please go back out to the waiting room." the doctor said.

"We are his family." Michael said. The doctor stood up.

"And what are your relations to him?" he demanded. Brian already figured by the way that he held Justin's hand, and that Ben was comforting Michael, that he knew they were gay.

"It's fine Michael. The three of us will go out and wait for him. Brian and Jen will stay with him. Come on." he said, pulling Michael, and putting his arm on Daphne's shoulder, taking her along with them. The doctor went back to Justin's leg, as Jennifer came back and sat on the far side of the room.

"And what is your relationship to him?" the doctor asked.

"His name is Justin by the way. And he's my fucking husband. So don't try and tell me I can't stay." Brian told him. He glared at the doctor, willing him to try and make him leave. So he wasn't Justin's husband. Yet. And it may not even be legal. But he was Justin's partner. Justin was his partner. And there was no way he was leaving Justin's side. He brushed some hair out of Justin's face, and noticed the doctor was still looking at him. "Do you have a fucking problem with fags? Because I could have swore you took an oath to do no harm to every person, no matter their race, religion or sexual orientation." Justin said. The doctor averted his eyes then and looked back at Justin's leg. Brian glanced up, and could see Jennifer holding back a laugh as she filled out Justin's paperwork. The nurse came back and brought some instruments in. Brian could tell they didn't look good. They hooked him up to and I.V. and cleaned the cut, but the doctor pulled out a scalpel and started to make another cut. That was when Justin woke up and started screaming. Brian jumped up and held his shoulder down on the bed. "JUSTIN STOP IT. IT'S ALRIGHT!" Brian yelled at him. He looked over at Jennifer. "He wouldn't want you in here." he told her. She nodded and went out of the room. "Justin calm down." he tried to stay. He fought with Brian, but he held him firmly on the bed. "Justin stop it. Your in the hospital. Their trying to clean your leg." Brian said.

"It fucking hurts. God Brian make it stop." Justin cried out.

"I'm sorry sweetie. We gave you some meds to try and ease the pain. But we had to open up the wound right away before the infection spread." the nurse said kindly to Justin. Brian looked up at her.

"Infection?" he asked. She nodded.

"It's a good thing you cleaned it at first. But a chunk of the nail got stuck in their. Getting into his blood stream. But you came in early enough. We already have him on antibiotics. The pain meds will kick in in a few minutes. Just hold real still honey." she said, pushing some hair away from his forehead.

"I think that's all of it." the doctor said.

"Are you sure? That was awful quick." Brian said. The doctor glared at him.

"You have my personal promise that his leg is all clean. We'll stitch him up and let him sleep it off. We'll keep him overnight to run some tests, make sure everything's ok." he said and stood up and walked out. The nurse sat down in his chair and started cleaning his cut again.

"He's an asshole. Don't worry about him. I'll take a look. Just hold him down. I don't want him kicking me in the face. I'm getting married next week and will kick his ass if he breaks my nose or gives me a black eye or knocks my teeth out." she joked. She sat down and started washing his leg. Justin hissed and tried to move, but Brian held his shoulders again.

"This nurse here is going to kick your ass if you move Sunshine. Don't embarrass me by getting your balls kicked by some girl." Brian said.

"Is she butch?" Justin hissed. Brian snorted and he looked at the nurse. Her mouth was opened and her hands were on her hips.

"I'll have you know that I am in no way shape or form butch. But I have four older brothers who taught me how to kick a guys ass and not take any shit from them. So don't make me sorry I'm helping you." she said. She shook her head and smiled, going back to his leg. Brian could feel the tension leave Justin's body. He knew the pain meds were kicking in, and he sat back down next to Justin. Holding his hand, and brushing his other hand through his hair. "How long have you been married?" the nurse asked. Justin snorted.

"God have I been in here that long that I missed the wedding?" he asked. Brian looked at him and laughed. He was starring up at the ceiling smiling.

"He's gonna be high for a little while." the nurse pointed out. Brian nodded. "So your not married yet huh." she said to Brian, smiling. "So he's your fiance, not husband." she said. Justin gasped.

"Oh my God. Your my fiance. That's incredible." Justin sang. Brian chuckled at him.

"Just take it easy their Sunshine. Why don't you go back to sleep." Brian said. Justin looked over at him.

"Will you make sure Emmett gets my Golden Gardenias? You have to smell them. That way you'll love me forever." Justin said. Brian knew this was going to be a long night.

"I already do Sunshine. You don't need any flowers. But I'll make sure Emmy Lou still gets them." he said, resting his hand on Justin's forehead.

"I just have to stitch him up." the nurse said. Brian nodded.

"And we need horses for the stable." Justin said. Brian snorted.

"Horses. Check. Anything else dear?" he joked.

"I want an ice cream maker. For me and Gus. But don't touch it because I know you'll screw it up." Justin slurred out. Brian laughed out loud at him.

"You want a fucking ice cream maker? You really are turning into the little wife aren't you?" Brian joked. Justin waved his finger at him.

"And don't you forget it. And a soda maker. I can make my own ice cream floats." he said.

"Alright. Golden Gardenias, horses, ice cream maker and soda maker. Anything else I can get for you?" Brian asked, brushing Justin's hair back again. He loved Justin's hair. He just loved having the man back in his arms.

"My trip to Verm..." Justin trailed off. Brian chuckled and kissed Justin's forehead.

"Have a good sleep Sunshine." he said. He looked at Justin for a second. This wasn't how this night was supposed to go. They were supposed to dazzle everyone with his surprise return, and then take everyone on a tour of their house. He guessed there was a bright side. They were all shocked for his return. Their plan had succeeded. No one suspected that he was home.

"You may want to go let your family know he's doing ok. He'll be down for awhile." she said. He nodded and stood up. He walked out into the waiting room to see Daphne, Michael, Ben, Jennifer and Tucker waiting for them. They were all looking at Jennifer who was on the phone, and listening to the conversation.

"He's her brother. She has a right to see him...I had no idea he was even home. It was a surprise to me to...He's in the damn hospital, how can you even say any of this to me right now?" she said.

"What the hell is going on?" he asked. They all jumped and stared at him.

"Is Justin ok?" Daphne asked. He looked at Jennifer.

"He's just fine. They're stitching him up and just gonna keep him over night to observe him. He's ok." Brian told her. Jennifer's eyes filled with tears and she held in a sob as Tucker wrapped his arm around her.

"You should be ashamed of yourself." she said into her phone.

"Who's she talking to?" Brian asked.

"Craig. He was outside putting the garbage out when Carl pulled up with Molly, Debbie and Emmett. Craig flipped out." Tucker said.

"Why does he fucking care? She was with a fucking police officer?" Brian demanded.

"Because he doesn't want Molly around any of us. Any of Justin's friends." Michael said.

"You're not keeping my daughter away from me. You can't do that. She's coming home with me tomorrow so she can see her brother who's in the hospital." Jennifer cried. Brian grabbed her phone.

"Listen here you fucking prick. You try and keep her daughter away from her. I'll have my attorneys so far down your throat you'll be shitting lesbians for the rest of your life. You have Molly ready tomorrow or so help me God I will kill you myself you homophobic dick." Brian said and hung up. Everyone stared at him as he handed the phone back to Jennifer. "Take Tucker, Carl and Melanie with you tomorrow. If he gives you any trouble, I'll come down myself. I'm in no fucking mood to deal with his shit." Brian said. Everyone just stared at him. "Did you finish the paperwork?" Brian asked. Jennifer looked back over at Daphne who had the clipboard in her lap. Brian took it from her, and started going through it. His mother left his health insurance information blank because she didn't know what it was. He happened to know that Justin cancelled it while they were still in New York. So he filled that out. Brian would just pay for it. She also left his address blank. Justin already did a change of address, so he put down the address of their house. He looked at a couple other things. Like his social security number. He kept his card in his wallet. He looked down at Jennifer.

"Did you have to look for his social security number in his wallet?" Brian asked. Jennifer scratched her forehead.

"No. I know it by heart." Jennifer said. It was an odd thing to ask. He knew that. But this was something he should know. He should know Justin's social security number. In case he ever has to fill out paperwork for him.

"You ok?" Michael asked. Brian nodded his head and scrubbed his face, chuckling.

"He wanted to surprise you all. And he did just that." Brian said, sitting in the chair across from them.

"How's he doing?" Jennifer asked.

"He's sleeping. He was talking about horses and ice cream makers before the pain meds knocked him out." Brian said, chuckling into his hand.

"I don't get how a cut to the leg could do all this damage?" Jennifer said.

"Well I figure when he cut himself, he gabbed his leg and applied so much pressure that he pushed the piece of nail into his leg. And he stopped the bleeding temporarily when Brian wrapped it up." Daphne said.

"Yeah probably." Brian agreed. Tucker rubbed his arm up and down Jennifer's arm.

"He's ok. Everything will be ok." Tucker said.

"This whole night has just been overwhelming. I was already shaky when we got to the house. I was so nervous because I couldn't understand why Brian wanted us to go to that house." Jennifer cried. Michael handed her a tissue. "I was so worried about him because Justin left. And Justin told me he was leaving for a whole year for Italy. It was hard enough that he'd moved to New York. And then he just waltzes down the stairs saying I'm back. It was just a joke, and I'm still getting married. And then we rush him into the hospital. And now Craig is saying he's suing for full custody of Molly because he doesn't want her around Justin. I just don't know how much more I can take." she cried. Brian didn't realize how Justin's mother would take this. He had no idea how upset she would be. He knew from Justin that she had been experiencing some anxiety since the bombing at Babylon, and she worried a lot about his safety while he was by himself in New York. And he figured she wouldn't have been this upset had Justin not have gotten hurt. He leaned forward and held her hand, and she looked at him.

"I'm sorry. He was just so excited to surprise you and Molly. He down played even to me how bad it was. That idiot son of yours probably knew he was bleeding that whole time and didn't want to say anything because he wanted to give you all the grand tour of our house." he said, making them chuckle. "But you don't have to worry about your ex-husband. I'll have Melanie take care of him. He won't be able to get full custody of her. She's 15 years old now anyways. They listen to teenagers about where they want to live. Why they listen to them I don't know. But you know how that is. He wanted to live with me and you let him." he joked, making her laugh. He smiled at her. "He just wants to start a fight with you. He lost his son. And his son is a big fat queer and proud to be one. It's his loss. We won't let you lose your daughter because he's a homophobic fucker." Brian said. He looked around at the rest of the group. "He's just going to be sleeping. Why don't you all go home, and I'll call you in the morning to let you know when he can go home." he told them.

"Do you need anything?" Ben asked.

"I don't think so. Besides a ride home." Brian chuckled, scrubbing his face.

"Do you need anything from the house that we can pick up?" Michael asked. Brian thought about this for a minute.

"No that's ok." Brian said.

"Brian!" Michael said. Brian stared at him. "Let us help you here. You don't always have to do everything on your own. You can lean on us to help you out a bit." Michael said. The two friends stared at each other for a moment, before Brian gave in.

"Ok... He'll be on crutches I think. So we might as well go back to the loft. If you wouldn't mind, in the bedroom upstairs, everything in that room is just our suitcases and stuff in the bathroom. Can you just pack those up and bring them back to the loft? And my car." he said.

"We can take care of that." Ben said. Michael nodded.

"And have Ted call Cynthia to go get the rental car and bring it back. Justin only used it a few times to go drive for a bit to get out of the house while he was hiding out." he chuckled.

"What can we bring back here for you? We can go back right now." Ben said. Michael nodded.

"You two can go home and make sure Hunter didn't burn the house down." Brian said. They said their goodbyes, and Brian returned to Justin's room. The lights had been turned off, and Justin was sleeping soundly. There was a blanket and pillow put on the recliner. He moved the chair he had been sitting in out of the way, and pulled the recliner next to the bed. He got comfortable, and reached up and brushed more hair out of Justin's face. He smiled and kissed his forehead. "I thought we'd be in bed celebrating tonight about how well we fooled everyone into thinking you were leaving. I didn't plan on spending it in a hospital." he kissed his lips. "Stupid fucking twat." he said.

He barely slept that night. He was woken up every time a nurse came in to check on Justin. Taking blood, and giving him meds. Justin moaned and groaned a few times in his sleep. He remembered he used to do that when he first moved Justin in after Chris Hobbs had hit him. After Justin started getting back to normal, his nightmares slowly went away. They still came back sometimes though. When they first got back together after the fucking poor fiddler, when he would stay at his loft, he sometimes had nightmares. Justin finally admitted to him one night after a bad one, that they came back when he moved out. He didn't trust the fiddler the way he trusted Brian. And he didn't sleep at Brian's loft every night, so sometimes when he was sleeping alone at Daphne's, they came back. And sometimes he forgot he was with him when he got them.

When he moved back in after he came home from L.A. they went away again. After Brian had commented that he hadn't had one in awhile, Justin admitted again, that he knew why they were few and far between. It was because he never felt safe with anyone but Brian. That if they were ever away from each other again, he knew he would get them. That was proven to be true, when Mikey had told him he heard Justin screaming one night when he was living with him and Ben. Ben was thrown off, but Michael knew why he was screaming. He figured that since he was living in New York, they probably had come back again. And he was even having one that night. He would sit up when Justin woke up, crying in his sleep. The meds were keeping him asleep. So Brian would just whisper in his ear that he was safe. That everything was ok. By 8:00 he was desperate for at least a full hour of uninterrupted sleep. He opened his eyes to see that Justin was starting to wake up. He leaned forward, and Justin opened his eyes. "Hey." he said. Justin looked at him, and then around the room, confused.

"Where am I?" Justin asked.

"Your in the hospital. You cut your leg last night and it was infected. A piece of the nail got stuck in your leg." Brian said. Justin stared at him. And then he smiled. Brian could tell by the glazed look in his eyes, he was still a little high from the medication.

"Well at least your here this time." he said. That cut through Brian like a knife. He knew what Justin was referring to. When Justin had been bashed, he never came to the hospital. Of course what Justin didn't know, was that he came by every night and watched him sleep. He should have done things different with Justin. He was only now feeling the effects of how much regret he had concerning Justin. Like not explaining to him why he couldn't go to Vermont. And then not showing up after he left. Not having a simple picnic on the floor with him. Not going after him when Justin left him for the fucking violin player. And not saying he loved him, until the bombing. Justin's hand on his face broke him out of his thoughts. "You really are here this time right?" he asked. Brian smiled sadly.

"Yes I'm really here. How does your leg feel?" Brian asked. Justin looked down at his leg, and started sitting up. Brian stood up and helped him, adjusting his bed to a sitting position.

"Does it look good? Or bad?" Justin said starring at it. Brian chuckled.

"It actually looks good. Compared to last night. I heard one of the nurses say the swelling had gone down." Brian said, scrubbing his face. Justin pushed some hair away from his face. He could tell Justin was trying to regain some of his composure back.

"You look tired. Have you been up all night?" Justin asked.

"I got some sleep here and there. But those fucking nurses are so damn loud." he grumbled.

"I hope your not referring to me." a nurse said as she walked in. It was the same nurse from last night. Brian finally saw her name tag. Madeline. "How are you feeling Mr. Taylor?" she asked as she walked over to him.

"Groggy." he said.

"Any pain?"

"Not really. That cut looks bigger then it did last night." he said. She nodded her head.

"We had to cut into your leg a little bit. You had a chunk of the nail that got pushed below. So we had to cut it to get it out. Your all stitched up now. The swelling has gone down tremendously. It will be a little swollen for a few days. All your blood work still looks good. We want to keep you till noon time, just to make sure your still ok." she told him.

"Am I gonna be able to walk on it?" Justin asked, shaking his head, trying to wake himself up.

"You won't be able to walk on it for a week. So you should be on bed rest. Keep it elevated. We'll need you to come back in a week to make sure it's ok. Possibly take the stitches out then." she said. Before Justin could say anything, his stomach growled loudly, making Brian chuckle.

"All hail the real boss of this party. Justin's stomach." Brian chuckled. Justin rolled his eyes.

"I'll get you some breakfast." Madeline said, smiling and then leaving. Justin laid his head back.

"God I hate hospital food." Justin grumbled. Brian chuckled.

"Then maybe you should be more careful where your walking Sunshine." he said. Justin looked over at him. "And while we're on the topic. Maybe next time you won't lie to me about how hurt you really are. We should have gone right to the hospital." he said. Justin just stared at him. "You fucking passed out. Collapsed in my arms. You're never fucking doing that to me again. Do you understand?" Brian said as he grabbed onto Justin's face, making him look at him. "My heart stopped when you fell down. So don't make me look like such a lesbian in front of everyone again. Do you understand that Sunshine?" he asked. Justin nodded his head.

"I'm sorry." Justin whispered.

"This is never going to work if we're not honest with each other." Brian said. Justin stared at him intensely. "We're to used to not telling each other things. And I think that should stop right now...you don't have to be afraid of who you are, or what you wanna do, because you think I won't want you anymore." Brian said. It was the truth. He knew Justin was afraid that at any moment, Brian would leave.

"I just don't want you to wake up and realize that I held you back. That you don't want to be married. That you don't want a domestic life with me." Justin admitted as he started crying. Brian leaned in and kissed him.

"I want to be with you. I'm sorry that it took five years. But I want to be with you. I want to be married to you. I want to live at Britin with you. I want to have a family with you. I want to only ever be with you again. I don't want to fuck around with other guys. I'll have to put a fucking condom back on my dick if I do. And your tight little ass feels to good to ever put a condom on again." Brian said, making Justin chuckle. "It's only you Justin." he whispered. Justin blinked, and the tears fell down his face. Brian wiped them up. "I want you to be yourself. I don't want you to be afraid I'm being held back. Because I never do anything I don't want to do. And I want you." he whispered. Justin leaned forward and kissed him.

"I love you." Justin whispered.

"I love you to." Brian said. He knew how much those words meant to Justin. He knew Justin needed to hear them. It was hard for him to say those words. He wasn't going to lie to himself. Settling down was hard. But the alternative was even harder. Being by himself. Having Justin never come home again. Or even worse. If Justin had died in the bombing. That's why he could say those three words Justin longed to hear for so long. They broke apart when Justin's breakfast tray came in. Justin looked at the scrambled eggs and gagged. He pushed the tray away.

"That's foul." he said. Brian put the cover back on and pushed it out of the room. He sat back down.

"I can go see if the cafeteria is any better." Brian offered. Justin shook his head.

"You know it isn't. This is where they make that crap." Justin said. He plugged his nose. "I can still smell that yellow stuff that looked like eggs." he said, gagging again. Brian laughed and rolled his eyes.

"Alright drama princess. I'll go get something from the Diner for you." he said. Justin opened his eyes and smiled.

"Knock knock." someone said. They looked at the door and saw Justin's mom standing there, holding a bag in her hand, and a tray of coffee cups in the other. "I thought you two might like some breakfast." Jennifer said. They both smiled at her.

"You saved your little boy here from starving. He didn't want to eat what they served him." Brian said, standing up and taking the bag, kissing her on the cheek. "Thank you mother." he said, smiling at her, and turning around to start pulling food out.

"How are you feeling honey?" Jennifer asked as she set the coffees down on the counter and leaned over to hug Justin, and to kiss his forehead.

"I'm ok. A little groggy. And my leg kinda hurts. Other then that I'm peachy." he joked.

"Well you scared me to death last night. Please, no more surprises for a while. I don't think my heart can take it." she said, sitting next to him. He laughed.

"I promise. I'm really sorry. To the both of you." he said, making Brian look at him. "I haven't been happy in so long. And coming back home...my life had meaning again. I felt happy and secure. And I just wanted everyone to be surprised. You have no idea how much I missed everyone. And I wanted last night to be perfect. I wanted to have dinner and drinks with everyone. And I wanted to finally share our house with everyone. I just wanted them to see how it is right now. See the beginning of it before we make it into our home. I just wanted last night to be perfect." Justin said, frustrated. He laid his head back and scrubbed his face.

"Last night's dinner was perfect. You surprised all of us. And there will be plenty of time to give everyone the grand tour. You just need to take it easy. Stop rushing around. The both of you." she said, looking at Brian.

"Why am I being brought into this?" he asked.

"Rushing around on planes. Not taking a minute to, I don't know, go home and pack a bag." she said, looking at Justin. Referring to the night after his show. "Rushing and moving. Hiding all the boxes so we didn't see. Calling everyone the day before to come over. You both need to just relax. Settle in. Everything will work itself out. The house, the wedding. Just take your time. Nothing has to be done right this second." she said. Brian went out of the room to grab the tray, taking the food off it, to move it so Justin could put the food from the Diner on it to eat.

"Yes mother Taylor." Brian said. Jennifer leaned over and smacked his arm, making the boys laugh. Brian set out some food for Justin to eat. Justin smiled at him.

"Thanks honey." he joked. Brian laughed and sat down.

"Yeah well don't get used to it. Your the wife remember?" he said. Justin rolled his eyes as he shoved some eggs into his mouth, and groaned.

"God I missed the Diner's food. Did you get any pancakes?" Justin asked, his mouth full. Brian shook his head as Jennifer laughed.

"Debbie sent over everything you two liked. You know her, that meant the whole breakfast menu." Jennifer joked, going to stand up, but Brian stopped her.

"Don't worry I got it." Brian said, standing up and opening more containers. "She pretty much did send over the entire menu. Eggs, waffles, pancakes, sausage, bacon, biscuits and gravy..whatever you want. It's here." Brian said. He started pulling different things out, and putting it on the plate for Justin. Justin smiled at his mother. Watching Brian do something sweet for Justin, was something that not only Justin loved, but even Jennifer did. Justin would never take for granted small moments like this. He even served Jennifer something, and then himself. Sitting down with his coffee. Michael texted him, asking what time to pick them up. Brian was grateful for Michael and Ben last night. They both hadn't hesitated a single move. No one had. Knowing exactly what to do for Justin. He had been to stunned, just standing there, holding Justin. He was in a fog. But their family jumped into action to help them. Their family. They really were his family. No matter how odd and crazy and totally unbalanced that they were, they all fit nicely, somehow, together.

"Do you have the car with you?" Justin asked. Brian shook his head.

"Michael and Ben have Lindsay and Melanie's rental van. They took it from them last night. That's how your majesty arrived here last night." Brian said, glaring at Justin. "They'll pick us up at noon time. Michael said they went back last night and got our stuff. It's in the van." Brian said.

"What do you mean our stuff?" Justin asked.

"From the bedroom upstairs. They packed it all for us so we can take it back to the loft." Brian told him. Justin's face fell. "What?"

"We're not going back to Britin?" Justin asked. Brian was momentarily frozen by Justin's face. He looked like you were taking his puppy dog away from him. He looked over at Jennifer, who had her hand over her mouth, trying not to laugh. She was leaving this all up to Brian. A lot of help she was.

"Justin. You're going to be on crutches for at least a week. You know logically that the loft is much easier to move around in. It's all just one big room. If we went back to Britin, we don't have that much there. The bedroom is upstairs, the kitchen is downstairs, and there's like 50 of those stairs...and a fucking nail sticking out." Brian said, tilting his head at Justin. "It will be much easier on you if we go back to the loft for now." he said. Justin nodded his head. "Besides. You were just spouting off different ideas for the rooms. We'll need to get a construction crew out to the house if you want to move into it by the wedding." Brian said.

"Which is when?" Jennifer asked.

"We haven't decided about that. It won't be for a few months. But while your on bed rest, you can start sketching out what you want in the house. And we can get a designer or whatever out there and start working on that." Brian told him, trying to appease him. Justin looked sad. "Come on, it's not that bad." Brian said.

"What about all my stuff that's there?" he asked.

"We can put it in storage for now. Who knows what's going to be done to the house. We don't want to have to keep moving it from room to room. Getting it dirty. We'll just put it in storage for now. So don't look at this as a bad thing Sunshine. You can sketch out your dream home, and I'll pay to make it come to life." Brian said, smiling. Justin nodded sadly, making Brian laugh. "You're acting like it's the end of the world. Everything will be just fine Justin." he said. Justin nodded again.

By noon time, Justin was ready to get the hell out of the hospital. They had been given all kind of instructions. Strict bed rest, how to clean the wound, when to take his meds, that they had to pick up, what things to look for if it was getting worse. When to make an appointment. Brian was glad for the coffee that Jennifer brought, because he wouldn't be able to handle it. He was a little sleep deprived. And to be honest, he was worried as hell about Justin.

He realized somewhere in the time that he was waiting for them to discharge Justin, that he was taking a more active role then he ever had in Justin's life. Taking care of Justin in this way, taking care of him while he was in the hospital, and while he would be on bed rest...it was a whole new world to him. This was something that his mother was used to doing for him. Taking care of her child when he was hurt or sick. It was now his turn to take care of him. But he wasn't a child. He was a man. This man was his fiance, and soon to be husband. It was a revelation that made Brian wonder, when had his heart changed? He never wanted to take care of anyone. But all he wanted to do was care for this man, and make sure no harm ever came to him. He must have looked insane, just starring out into space, when he felt someone shake his shoulders. He looked up and saw Michael.

"Are you ok?" Michael asked, chuckling.

"Someone needs sleep." Ben joked. He realized that they were standing there, with a back pack. Brian shook his head.

"Yeah sorry I just spaced out." Brian said, taking the clothes.

"We can go wait in the waiting room for you guys." Jennifer said, standing up.

"Just text us when your leaving the room. We'll pull the van around." Ben said. They walked out of the room, shutting the door behind him.

"Come on Sunshine, I'll help you to the bathroom." Brian said. Justin leaned on him as he put his right leg down for the first time. He set his foot down, and nothing happened. It wasn't until he put weight on it, that he turned ashen white again, and Brian caught him before he fell.

"Oh my fucking God it fucking hurts." Justin cried out. Brian sat him down on the bed. He rubbed his hand up and down his back.

"Wrap your arm around my neck and I'll take you to the bathroom." Brian said. Justin nodded, and wrapped his arm around Brian. Brian went slow, as Justin hopped on his good leg, into the bathroom. "Think you can pee standing up?" Brian joked. Justin glared at him.

"Just...hold me from behind." Justin grumbled. Brian laughed as he helped point him towards the toilet and stood behind him, holding his hips and keeping him steady. He rubbed himself against Justin's ass. "Will you stop that shit. You're not gonna make me hard when I can't do a fucking thing about it." Justin said, starting to pee. Brian laughed.

"But you look so hot in just your dress shirt and boxers. It makes me so fucking hard." he whispered in his ear. Justin finished peeing and then turned slightly to smack him. Brian just laughed more.

"Help me fucking brush my teeth." Justin said.

"Yes madam." Brian said. He helped him hop over to the sink, where Justin could lean, and keep his foot up. Brian got his toothpaste and toothbrush, and waited for Justin to be done. He washed his face and then handed everything back to Brian. He helped him hop out again, and sat him down on the bed. "They brought sweat pants. Fags are so smart and thoughtful" Brian joked. He picked up a t-shirt and sweatshirt and held them out for Justin to see. Justin took his dress shirt off, and Brian helped him put on his t-shirt.

"I can dress myself you know." Justin said as Brian pulled his head through. "My arms aren't broken." Justin joked.

"I'm aware. I've just helped you out of your clothes so many times, I wanted to see what it was like to help you get in them." Brian joked. He slipped his sweatshirt over his head, and then got down on his knees to slide his sweat pants on. He put his left leg through, and then slowly put his right leg through. He slid them up until they couldn't go anymore, and Justin put his hands on Brian's shoulder and leaned forward, so Brian could pull his pants up to his hips. He put his left sneaker on, and just put the right one back, figuring he didn't really need it. Brian looked up at Justin's face. His eyes were glazed over again. "What?" Brian asked. Justin leaned forward and kissed him.

"I love how gentle and sweet you can be sometimes." he whispered in his ear. It actually caused shivers down his spine. He stayed there on the floor, and kissed him as Justin wrapped his arms around his neck. He was careful not to touch Justin's leg, but God all he wanted to do was lean him back and fuck him senseless

"Oh I'm sorry!" someone said. They turned to see the nurse, Madeline, walk in with some papers. She smiled and laughed. "I'm sorry about that. But I just wanted to give you your discharge papers. And we called in the meds to the pharmacy you wanted. There's a wheelchair right outside the door, along with crutches. So you're free to go." she said, handing the papers to Brian.

"Thank you." he told her. She smiled and left the room. Brian pulled all Justin's stuff together and put them back in the back pack that Michael had brought. He wheeled the chair in to Justin, and helped him sit in it, propping his right leg up. He grabbed his cell and texted Michael real quick to let them know they were coming out. "Alright let's get the hell out of here Miss. Daisy." Brian said, plopping the back pack on Justin's lap and wheeling him out. "Think you can hold these to?" he asked. Justin nodded as Brian laid them sideways across the wheelchair.

"I hate these things. I sprained my ankle when I was 14. They fucking hurt my arm pits." Justin complained. Brian laughed.

"Then I guess you should be more careful sometimes shouldn't you." Brian said. He heard Justin huff and chuckle. They got into the waiting room, where Jennifer and Michael were standing.

"Hey how are you feeling?" Michael asked. He leaned over and grabbed the crutches and back pack.

"Like an idiot. I'm sorry for last night." Justin said. Michael rolled his eyes at him.

"Honey no one's mad at you." Jennifer said.

"Yeah. We're just glad that your back. And that you're ok." Michael said. Justin smiled at him. "And I'm super excited to do the next issue or Rage." Michael said, making them chuckle. Brian wheeled him out, where Ben was opening the van.

"How you feeling?" Ben asked.

"I'm good. Thanks for coming to the rescue guys." Justin said.

"Listen honey I have to go. I have a client waiting for me. But I'll see you later." Jennifer said, kissing his cheek and hugging him. "And I am so happy to have you home." she said. Brian helped Justin into the van and into the very back, so with the seat folds down in front of him, he could prop his foot up.

"Hey I have another property I'm interested in Jennifer." Brian said, pulling Jen aside. Ben hopped into the backseat to talk to Justin. "Did you pick up Molly yet?" Brian said. Jennifer shook her head.

"He won't answer the phone. I went by early this morning but he wouldn't answer the door. I didn't see his car in the driveway either." Jennifer said. Brian could clearly see the worry in her face. "I don't really have a client. I'm going to get Carl to come with me to pick her up." Jennifer said. He nodded his head.

"Call me and let me know what happens." Brian said. She nodded her head and he hugged her. "We won't let that asshole win." Brian said. She nodded her head again and wiped her face. She turned around and walked away. Brian hopped into the van and slammed the door shut. "We have to stop by the pharmacy on Liberty Ave to pick up his meds." Brian told them.

"Not a problem." Ben said as Michael pulled out.

"What time is the welcome home dinner for Mel and Linds tonight?" Justin asked. Brian and Ben turned to look at him, and Michael looked in the rear view mirror at him.

"We're not going to that tonight." Brian said.

"Yeah right. I'm not missing that because of my leg. I want to go tonight. I barely got to see anyone last night." Justin said. Brian noticed that Michael and Ben eyed each other.

"It's not that big of a deal. We're all here. You can see us all anytime. You really should just go home and rest." Ben said.

"I want to go." Justin said.

"Justin just take it easy. Just go home and sleep and-" Brian tried to say but Justin interrupted him.

"Are you gonna help me get there tonight or not? Because I'm going with or without you, and I could use a hand putting my pants on." Justin said. Brian stared at him for a moment.

"Fine." he said, and turned to face the front. Justin slammed his back against the seat.

"Welcome fucking home." Justin muttered.