Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

Brian and Justin's secret is finally revealed to the rest of the family.

 

 

 

"Are they here?" Justin asked Brian from where he was making scrambled eggs for both of them.

 

 

"Yep. Mikey's over the moon excited having J.R back. Ben said he won't put her down," Brian said, sipping his coffee.

 

 

"So much for sending two men to pick them up. Michael's there to help with suitcases, and he's holding the baby. So much for his help," Justin joked, putting the eggs on their plates.

 

 

"Mikey's never really been too manly. Ben wears the pants in the family," Brian said dryly, making Justin laugh.

 

 

"Are you excited to see Gus?" Justin asked.

 

 

Brian nodded his head without looking up from his newspaper.

 

 

Justin walked over and took it away. "Are you excited to see your son again?" he  asked, staring at him.

 

 

Brian stared back for a moment.

 

 

"It's okay to admit it, you know. It's just me. And I won't tell anyone," Justin said, crossing his arms.

 

 

Brian let out a deep breath. "I can barely eat, because my stomach is in knots. I can hardly maintain my composure to sit here, because I can't wait to give him a huge hug, even though I just saw him last month. There. Are you satisfied?" he asked.

 

 

Justin smiled and kissed his cheek, then sat down on the other corner of the island next to Brian. "Very. I'm jealous. I wish I could see them today, too," he said, shoving eggs in his mouth.

 

 

"Well, you could come with me. But then it would ruin your whole surprise for Friday night," Brian told him.

 

Justin whined. "I know. It's just killing me. I've missed the kids so much. I've  Facetimed with them. But it's just not the same. I don't like missing them growing up. They've changed so much in seven months. I don't ever want to be gone like that away from them again," Justin said.

 

Brian smiled at him.

 

 

"At least give the kids a hug from me. You don't have to tell them it's from me. Just hug them for me?" he asked.

 

Brian chuckled and rolled his eyes, but nodded his head.

 

 

"You're a pretty lucky guy, you know," Justin said.

 

 

Brian raised his eyebrows.

 

 

"Well...you had a hard time when we left. And look how it worked out. We've all come back in the same week, because none of us can stand being away from you." He said as he pinched Brian's cheek.

 

 

He slapped Justin's hand away and laughed. "Well, I have to admit. It is much better," he said, biting into his toast. "Mikey's gonna text me when they're leaving the airport. Their condo is only a few minutes away from here. So just be careful about coming out of the house. Text me if you leave, so I can let you know if they're around or not," Brian said.

 

 

"I don't know if I really need to leave. I have food, electricity and running water. And I have all my art stuff. I've been dying for sevenmonths to sketch every little detail of this house. I'm sure the backyard will keep me occupied for the day," he said smiling at Brian. Before he could reply, Michael texted Brian. Justin smiled. "They're Baaaaack," he sang.

 

 

Brian chuckled at him. "Not quite. Another half an hour. Which means we have time to get a few fucks in before I have to leave," he said.

 

 

Justin let out a huge laugh. "A few, huh?" Justin asked.

 

 

Brian wiggled his eyebrows. "We haven't fucked on your couch yet," he said.

 

 

Justin jumped up suddenly, with Brian right behind him.

 

 

 

 

 

30 minutes later, Brian pulled into the condo that the girls were staying at. He walked up the stairs and wandered in. Michael was sitting on the floor with J.R, who was laughing hysterically at him. Lindsay and Melanie were sitting on the couch with their feet propped up on the coffee table, with Gus in between them. And Ben was sitting back in the recliner. They didn't notice Brian at first, because J.R was so loud, but Gus saw him first.

 

"DADDY!" Gus yelled and jumped up, running to him. It was like Gus was running in slow motion towards him. Gus jumped into his arms, and Brian just held him there.

 

 

His son. His son was back. He didn't know how relieved he would feel, holding Gus in his arms like this. He had lost Gus when they had moved to Canada. He wanted to make things right. He wanted to be more of a father to him. Gus loved him. Adored him. He wanted to be someone worthy of Gus. He wanted to be a good father. He came back to the present a few moments later, because Gus was asking him what was wrong. Brian cleared his throat and looked around, realizing they all had gotten up and were close to him, watching him, seeing if he was okay. He shook his head and smiled.

 

 

"I'm just fine, Sonny Boy. I'm just so happy to have you home again," he said, kissing his son's cheek. Gus hugged him again, and he looked over at Lindsay and Michael. They looked worried about him. "Did you have a good flight?" he asked, looking at Lindsay and Melanie.

 

 

They smiled. "Yeah, it was good. J.R slept through most of it. Gus loved it. Easier than we thought it would be with two kids," Melanie said.

 

 

He squeezed Gus extra tight, so at least he could tell Justin he gave Gus a hug from him. Gus moved to get down, and Lindsay threw herself into Brian's arms.

 

 

"I've missed you, Wendy," he whispered in her ear.

 

 

"I've missed you more, Peter," she whispered back. When she pulled back, he realized she was crying, and wiped her tears away. "I'm sorry. It's just so good to be home. It's a bit emotional." she said, embarrassed. To his surprise, Mel leaned over and hugged him, too. He walked over to Michael and held out his hands to J.R. She was quite fond of Brian, and instantly reached out to hug him as he gave her an extra squeeze, too, for Justin.

 

 

"Well,I know a certain someone who hasn't been able to stop thinking about you, and couldn't wait till you came home," he said, bouncing her up and down. He couldn't believe how beautiful she looked. Who knew Melanie could make a pretty baby?

 

 

 

"Yeah, someone else was excited to see Gus, too." Michael said.

 

 

He chuckled and gave her back to Michael. "Sorry I didn't come see you last night when you got back. We just had so much stuff to do yesterday with Hunter, and with this girl coming home," Michael said, bouncing his daughter up and down in his arms.

 

 

"I'm fine, Mikey," he said, and then turned to the other three. "I'm fine. I hope after Ted's wifely freak out, he called you all to calm down and not worry about Rage anymore. I'm fine," he said.

 

 

"So, what's with the secrecy of where you went?" Michael asked. Brian glared at him.

 

 

"Go to some gay party and had an orgy?" Melanie joked. Brian laughed.

 

 

"How about you stop worrying about me? Let's take a drive over to your Beautiful, new house that I know you're dying to see." he said.

 

 

They loaded up their cars, and followed Brian. It was across the street from Britin, but it wasn't as big. It was big, but half the size of the other home. "Oh, my God!" Melanie said as she stepped out of the car.

 

 

"Brian, this is gorgeous," Lindsay said.

 

 

"Well get the kids out and I'll show you around," Brian said. They all followed him inside and looked around.

 

 

 

"Brian, this is too much. We couldn't accept this," Lindsay said.

 

 

 

"Yes, you can. You both are raising my son. And doing a damn fine job of it. You need a house where you won't be threatened with it being taken away because one of you doesn't have a penis. You both deserve this." he said.

 

 

They all wandered around a bit, and he walked closer to the kitchen quietly.

 

 

 

"Did you see the house Brian bought for Justin?" Mel whispered quietly.

 

 

"I caught a glimpse of it. It's beautiful. Just like Justin described. I just don't know why he would buy the house across the street from their house. I can't imagine how it's going to feel every time he comes here and sees that empty house," Lindsay whispered back.

 

 

"I don't know why he just hasn't sold it yet," Ben whispered. He made some noise and pretended he didn't hear them. They all walked into the living room to just admire the house.

 

 

"Thank you, Brian," Mel said. Lindsay went to say something, when all their phones rang. Brian couldn't help but think ‘perfect timing.' He knew what this text was. This was a group text from Justin.

 

 

"It's from Justin," Michael said, eyeing Brian.

 

 

"Signed, sealed and delivered. Italy, here I come." Mel said. There was a picture of Justin's signature on the contract that Josh brought for him to sign. The one he smiled about and ripped up. Then there was a picture of Justin, Josh and Sam standing there. What no one realized was that there was an arm wrapped around Justin's neck. Brian was purposely cropped out of the picture. The celebratory picture. They would show everyone the real picture later. They all sat there in silence as they watched Brian stare at his phone. He looked up and smiled at them.

 

 

"I hate to cut this short, but I have some business to attend to. So, I will see you all later. Welcome home," he said, kissing Lindsay's cheek and rushing out the door before they could say anything to him. Michael followed him out to his car.

 

 

"Brian, wait!" Michael said, chasing him.

 

 

"I'm fine. I already knew he was going to sign. We still talk, remember? I supported his decision on what he wanted to do about Italy. I always have," he said honestly. He did support it. He supported that Justin chose not to go, and to come home. He would have been sad if Justin went to Italy. But he still would have supported it. He was glad he never had to feel that sadness, because Justin was across the street.

 

 

"Brian, this has to be hard on you-"

 

 

"It's not. I don't want him to choose me out of obligation. I don't want him to sacrifice his greatest passion to be with me. That's not love. I'm fine, Mikey. My son is home. I'm happy. And I'm happy for Justin. So I'll see you later," he said, opening his door.

 

 

"Were having a welcome home dinner for them at our house on Saturday...you're going to come, right?" Michael asked sadly.

 

 

Brian smiled. "With bells on. I'll see you later," he said, getting in his car, and pulling out. As he drove away, he shook his head. That almost happened. He almost did leave for Italy. It didn't sit well with Brian. He pulled his cell out and called Justin, who picked up right away.

 

 

"Oh, my God, everyone's calling me! I've been waiting for you to call me before I answered them. How did it go?" Justin asked.

 

 

"They're happy for you, but devastated for me. They won't see you coming Friday night," he said and laughed.

 

 

 

 

Lindsay and Melanie's things arrived the following day, and Brian had to be careful about letting them see when he pulled into his own driveway. But no one did.

 

 

"Okay, okay, you have to start inviting them over tomorrow. Make sure they don't already have plans," Justin said. He had just taken a shower when Brian came home for lunch and sat on the bed he jumped behind him, wrapping his arms around his neck and kissing it, making Brian laugh.

 

 

"Alright, alright! Who do I call first?" he asked.

 

 

"My mom. And make sure she brings Molly. She can even bring Tucker," he said. Brian heard the fall in his voice when he said that, and turned his head.

 

 

"You're going to have to get used to that. They really like each other. And you're being extremely hypocritical. I'm 10 years older than you," Brian said.

 

 

Justin huffed and laid his head back on Brian's pillow. "12 years older than me," Justin corrected. Brian glared at him, and Justin smiled as he called Jennifer.

 

 

 

"Hello, Brian," Jennifer said as she picked up.

 

 

"Hello, Mother Taylor," he called her. Justin smiled. "How are you?"

 

 

"I'm good. Do you have another property for me to look at?" she asked. That was always the reason why he called her.

 

 

"Actually, no. I want to ask you, Molly, and Tucker to dinner tomorrow," he said. He could tell she was shocked.

 

 

"Really? Well, Molly is with her father tomorrow-"

 

 

"Get her to switch it. It really would mean a lot to me if Molly came out to dinner tomorrow," he said, smiling at Justin. Justin nodded his head.

 

 

"Well I'll have to talk to Craig. He hasn't been too much of an ass lately. Maybe he wouldn't mind switching a Friday if I make up something," she said. Brian chuckled.

 

 

"Yes, don't tell him you're having dinner with the man who corrupted your precious baby boy and turned him gay," he joked, making both Jennifer and Justin laugh. He put his finger to his lips to remind Justin to stay silent.

 

 

"Well, if he ever got to know you, and got to know Justin, for that matter, he would have realized that Justin would have been gay, whether he met you or not. It wasn't going to change him," Jennifer said.

 

 

"Well some parents just suck," he said. They were quiet for a moment.

 

"So then you'll all come?" he asked.

 

 

"Sure. Where do you want us to meet you?" she asked.

 

 

"The house in West Virginia," he said, smiling at Justin. He put his hand over his mouth again to keep from laughing. Jennifer was silent, and then cleared her throat.

 

 

"The house that you bought for...why out there? Is there any furniture?" she asked.

 

 

"Just the living room. A couch, table, and chairs. And a bar. We'll have dinner in there. I'm inviting everyone. So, you'll come then?" he asked.

 

 

"Of course," she said, uncomfortable. He called Michael next.

 

 

"Yeah, we're all free. We have J.R. here for a few days, until Mel and Linds get settled in. So where do you want us to meet you?" Michael asked.

 

 

"My house across from the munchers," he said. Justin snickered.

 

 

"Your house? Brian, I don't know if that's such a good idea-"

 

 

"You haven't even seen it, Mikey. It's beautiful. You gotta come out and see it. I won't take no for an answer," he said. Then he called Lindsay.

 

 

"Brian. I love you. You know that. But having dinner at the house you bought for Justin, the day after he announces he's moving to Italy? It's okay to be sad, you know. We're all here for you," she said. He rolled his eyes and laid his head down next to Justin so he could listen.

 

 

"Lindsay, I'm fine. And no one's seen it. Well, the inside, anyway. I want to have a welcome home dinner," he said. He and Justin looked at each other and snickered. Justin had to laugh at all the specific words Brian had used. He wasn't going to New York to ask Justin to stay. It was the truth. He wasn't denying that he went to New York, but it wasn't asking him to stay. He did want to have a welcome home dinner, but it wasn't for the girls.

 

 

"Brian, you really don't have to. You've done so much-"

 

 

"Michael already agreed. Are you coming or not?" he asked. She huffed in the phone.

 

 

"Yes, of course."

 

 

"Good; see you tomorrow," he said, hanging up as he started laughing with Justin.

 

 

"Please call Debbie next. I was just texting Emmett.  He said they're both home watching movies," he said. Brian laughed and called her.

 

 

"Well, I hope you're paying for a nice dinner if I'm getting all dolled up," Debbie joked.

 

 

"Oh, please you know he is," Emmett said. She had him on speaker phone.

 

 

"Yes, I'm taking care of dinner. You have the address for the girls' house. My house is right across the street," he said. There was silence for a moment.

 

 

"Are we having dinner at the house that you..." Emmett trailed off.

 

 

"Don't mention Sunshine," Debbie hissed, trying to whisper.

 

 

"You do know that you don't know how to whisper, right, Debbie?" he asked.

 

 

They were silent again. "Yes, it's the house I bought for Justin. I'm having everyone over here tomorrow. Can I add you and Horvath to the guest list? And Emmett's boyfriend," he asked.

 

 

"Honey, do you think that's a good idea? The house may bring back too many memories. We're fine with eating at the Diner. Besides, Calvin and Blake are on a ski trip. They won't be back until late tomorrow night," Emmett said.

 

 

"First of all, Honeycutt, don't call me honey. Second, I'm absolutely fine. Are you coming or not?" he asked. They both agreed.

 

 

"Hello, darling." Brian said to Daphne.

 

 

"Brian? Hey what's up?" she asked.

 

 

"How would you like to come out to my house in West Virginia for dinner tomorrow with everyone?" Brian asked. Daphne also hesitantly agreed. He called Ted, told him to come for dinner tomorrow, and hung up. Justin laughed and jumped up and sat on Brian's stomach. Brian laughed and put his hands on Justin's knees.

 

"I can't wait till they all get here tomorrow. I can't wait to see the look on all their faces. Are we announcing that we're still getting married?" he asked.

 

 

"That's up to you. Do you want to?" Brian asked.

 

 

"Yes! I want them to be excited for us. I just don't want them to doubt that it will happen this time. I want them to know that nothing's going to stop this wedding this time. I don't want them to worry if I'm going to leave again," he said sadly. Brian moved him back a bit so he could pull himself to sit up. He put his hands on Justin's hips.

 

 

"You're the one who's worried about this. I'm not worried. And I know they won't doubt you. They'll just be so happy to see that you're back. You have to stop worrying so much," he said softly. Justin pushed him back and kissed him.

 

 

"Make love to me," he said and kissed him. "Before you have to get back to the office," he said. Brian didn't need to be told twice. As Brian was pulling out a condom, Justin groaned. "How much longer do we have to use those?" he asked in between kissing.

 

 

"Well, you tell me," Brian said.

 

 

Justin pulled back and snorted. "What do you mean, you tell me? It has to be six months from the last time you were with someone. And gotten checked," Justin added, kissing him again.

 

 

Brian squeezed his ass and ground their cocks together. He pulled back again, though. "I know that," Brian said.

 

 

Justin shook his head. "Do we have to wait six months or not? Why are you acting weird?" Justin asked.

 

 

"I'm not acting weird; I'm asking you how long we have to wait."

 

 

"Why?" Justin asked.

 

 

Brian stared at him for a long time. "A month before you left for New York." Brian whispered. Justin just stared at him. "You're the only one I've been with. Not even a hand job," Brian admitted. Justin gasped. "I'm clean. So we're not waiting on ME," Brian said. Justin just stared at him. Brian scrubbed his face. "Look. I didn't ask you to wait for me. We made that clear that we wouldn't have to. So, it's ok if we have to wait six months. It's not a big deal," Brian said.

 

 

Justin shook his head. "I haven't been with anyone...since a few months before we broke up. When I moved in with Michael," Justin admitted. They just stayed silent for a few minutes. "And I've been tested." he whispered.

 

 

"So... we don't need to use condoms anymore," Brian said. Justin smiled and nodded. It was the ultimate gift that Brian could ever give Justin. Not using a condom meant that they were only intimate with each other. They were safe to be with each other. This was the moment that Justin had waited six years for. For Justin to be the only one Brian made love to.

 

 

Justin leaned in and kissed him wildly. "God, make love to me now, Brian," Justin said. They rushed to remove the rest of their clothes, and it wasn't long before Justin's legs were wrapped around Brian's waist, and Brian had put lube on Justin's ass. "I've been waiting six years for this moment," Justin whispered.

 

 

Brian smiled. "Sorry it took so long," he admitted.

 

 

But Justin shook his head. "You were worth the wait," Justin said.

 

 

Brian scooted down, and slowly pushed himself inside. He had never fucked anyone without a condom. This was the first time. He could feel every inch of Justin.

 

 

Justin arched his back and moaned. "Oh, God. It's amazing." Justin moaned. He slowly slid in and out, pushing further each time. "Don't go back to work," Justin groaned out.

 

 

Brian never knew that having sex with Justin without a condom would feel like this. Not physically, but emotionally. This was a life-changing moment in Brian and Justin's relationship. Having no barriers between them was the best feeling in the world, and in this moment, he realized he would never fuck another guy again. It would only ever be Justin. He never wanted to wear a condom again, and would never fool around with a guy, because that would mean, to keep Justin safe, he'd have to put one on with him again. He never knew this moment could feel so good.

 

 

 

 

"Is anyone here yet?" Justin asked as Brian walked into the bedroom the next day. Justin was hiding upstairs so no one would see him.

 

 

"It was the caterers. The food is all set up. The bar is set. Everything is perfect. And no. No one's here yet. Stop worrying," he said as he helped Justin button his shirt.

 

 

"I just can't wait to see them. I didn't realize how much I missed my mom until I couldn't just call her up and see her. Even my sister. And Gus. Gosh, I missed him so much! And Daphne. God, Brian, I missed them all so much! I just can't wait till they're here," he said. Just then the doorbell rang and Justin's eyes widened. Brian laughed at him, and he put his hands on his shoulders to keep him from jumping up and down.

 

 

"Now you remember the plan. I'll text you when everyone's here, and I'll direct them to the other side of the room, and you can sneak in. And don't ruin it, because you'll hate yourself forever that you ruined your own surprise," Brian said and kissed him. "Now be a good boy and stay up here and don't make any noise," he said and kissed him once more.

 

 

He headed downstairs and opened the door. "Hello, Mother Taylor," he said, allowing their first four guests to enter. Jennifer hugged him and kissed him on the cheek.

 

 

"It looks so beautiful in here," she said, looking around.

 

 

"I had a cleaning crew come and spiff it up. You all can hang up your coats right here. And follow me into the living room." He saw Daphne and hugged her.

 

 

"Hello there, darling. Don't you just look beautiful tonight?" he said, kissing her cheek and making her blush. Flirting with Daphne was always fun for him. He shook Tucker's hand, and Molly hugged him quickly. He brought them into the living room to get them all drinks.

 

 

"Gosh, it's beautiful. It's everything Justin said it was-" Daphne stopped and looked embarrassed. Brian laughed and looked around.

 

 

"Yeah, it is. He loves this house. Here," he said as he handed them drinks. The doorbell rang again, and he ran and answered it. "Come on in," Brian said to Michael, Ben, Hunter, and J.R.

 

 

"Wow, this place is amazing," Michael said as Ben started helping him take off J.R's jacket.

 

 

"It's okay," Hunter said. Brian smacked him in the head.

 

 

"Follow me this way," he said. They followed him in, and he started getting the three of them drinks, also.

 

 

"What's the rest of this house look like?" Hunter asked.

 

 

"Once everyone is here, I'll give you all the grand tour," he said. He went to answer the door again. This time it was Lindsay, Melanie and Gus.

 

 

"DADDY!" Gus yelled and jumped into his arms. It felt so good to hug Gus again, and not dread the moment he had to say goodbye. Lindsay and Melanie laughed as they took off their coats. Melanie looked into the other room and ran in. Lindsay helped Gus off with his jacket.

 

 

"This house is beautiful, you know. I can see why Justin loved it," Lindsay said sadly. Melanie walked out with Michael and Ben.

 

 

"What's up?" Michael asked.

 

 

"We just wanted to talk to you boys a moment before everyone got here. We were going to the other day. But we didn't get a chance," Lindsay said, eyeing Brian. They must have wanted to talk before he left suddenly.

 

 

"We just wanted to say how sorry we were to you boys...for taking the kids and moving," Melanie said. Brian and Michael looked at each other, both holding their children, and looked back at the girls.

 

"We're extremely lucky to have the two - three - of you, in our children's' lives. And asking you so we could take them and move them away from you...it was unfair of us. And we hope that you can forgive us. They both need you. We know that," Lindsay said.

 

 

"We promise to be better when it comes to you, also, being their parents. Because without the two of you, Gus and J.R wouldn't be here. And we're sorry," Mel said.

 

 

"We promise we won't ever do that again. We're here to stay this time," Lindsay said. They all hugged each other, while Brian just held onto Gus.

 

 

"No apologies necessary. We're all just happy that you're back," Ben said.

 

 

"Yeah and we're ready to just have fun and spend as much time together as possible," Michael said. He understood better why Justin was so nervous all the time since they had come home. Lindsay was worried just like Justin was - that they wouldn't believe that they wouldn't leave again.

 

 

"Brian? Are you okay?" Lindsay asked when Brian never said anything.

 

 

"Maybe having dinner here in this house wasn't a great idea," Michael said. Brian chuckled and shook his head.

 

 

"No. It's perfect tonight. As long as everyone is happy with where they live, then there's nothing to forgive. Go wherever makes you happy." he said. It was the truth. They all just stared at him.

 

 

"Come on, Brian. This obviously isn't a great idea," Lindsay said.

 

 

"There's no shame in asking us all to leave, actually," Melanie said sincerely. He laughed and rolled his eyes.

 

 

"Go in and get these girls some drinks," he said, as the doorbell rang once again. He put Gus down, and he followed the group back into the living room. It was Debbie, Horvath, and Emmett.

 

 

"Look at this fucking house!" Debbie said as soon as she opened the door. He was sure that Justin heard her all the way upstairs. He laughed as she came in and hugged him, followed by Emmett, and he could see Ted walking up behind Horvath.

 

 

"Alright, you all just go in and get some drinks," he said as his cell rang. He looked down and saw that Justin texted him, asking to come upstairs. He rolled his eyes. "If you all would excuse me for a moment. Just enjoy your drinks, and I'll be right down," he said. He ran up the stairs before anyone could comment. He went into his room, and decided at the last second to shut it and lock it just in case someone followed him up. He saw the bathroom light on and went in. Justin was sitting on the floor holding a towel to his leg. "What the fuck happened?" he hissed, leaning down.

 

 

"That fucking nail was sticking out of the doorway, and I sliced my leg," he hissed.

 

"God, you're going to ruin your own fucking surprise," he joked.

 

 

"Why are you whispering?" Justin asked as Brian pulled the towel back to look at it.

 

 

"Because someone might follow me up here. We need a first aid kit or something to clean this up," Brian said. "I think it may have stopped bleeding. You're such a fucking idiot," he said. Justin glared at him.

 

 

"I have a first aid kit in one of my boxes. It's opened in the other room," Justin said.

 

 

Brian nodded and got up and went out of the room, shutting the door behind him, and walking into one of the empty rooms. He found the box Justin was talking about, and searched till he found the first aid kit at the bottom. He walked out, and saw Michael coming up the stairs.

 

 

"Hey, what are you doing?" he asked.

 

 

Brian casually hid the box behind him.  "Nothing. I just need a minute," Brian said.

 

 

"Brian, you're acting really weird. You're not acting like yourself. Why did you bring everyone here tonight? This is the house that you bought for Justin. There's no shame in admitting that you're upset that he's leaving. That he's already left," Michael said.

 

Brian smiled and laughed. "Mikey, I'm fine. I promise you. Now I just have something to do very quickly. I'll be right down. So, go back downstairs," he said.

 

Michael stared at him for a moment before letting out a deep breath and walking back down the stairs.

 

 

When he got down far enough, he slipped into his bedroom and locked it. He went over to the bathroom and shut that door, too just in case Michael came back to listen. "Michael might come back," he whispered, not explaining further. He cleaned it up as Justin hissed from the peroxide. "Sorry," he said. He wiped it up, and leaned down and blew on it, looking at Justin.

 

 

 

"If you keep looking hot like that, we'll let them all know I'm here, because I'll start screaming because you're fucking me," Justin whispered. Brian smiled at him. He finished cleaning it up and wrapped his leg up. "So, I have to say, this is one of the hottest moments of my life," Justin admitted. Brian sat back and looked at him in question. "You being so gentle and taking care of me. It's hot," Justin admitted. Brian chuckled and stood up, holding his hand out for Justin to pull him up.

 

Justin hissed when he put weight on his leg. "Fucking shit," he hissed.

 

 

"We may end up having to take you to the hospital. Get a tetanus shot or something. And it will probably need stitches," he said. Justin groaned and shook his head.

 

 

"I really do know how to fucking ruin my surprise," he complained.

 

 

"You sure you can wait till after dinner? I can take you now," Brian said.

 

 

But Justin shook his head. "No, I want to surprise everyone," Justin said.

 

 

Brian sighed. "Do you think you can walk downstairs?" Brian asked as he helped him out into the room.

 

 

"Yeah. Just give me a few minutes," he said. Brian nodded and kissed his cheek, and then left, walking down the stairs. Everyone looked like they were having a good time.

 

 

"So when do we eat?" Debbie asked. He smiled, and then walked over to the far side of the room, right in front of the fire place, so everyone's back would be towards the stairs, so Justin could walk in.

 

 

"I'd like to thank everyone for coming tonight," he said loudly. Everyone stopped talking and looked at him. "I'm sorry I haven't brought any of you here before. But after dinner I'd like to take you all on a tour of Britin," Brian said. He saw everyone look at each other, and wanted to laugh, but kept going. "I know I've been...alarming everyone these past few days. All thanks to Theodore here," Brian said, bringing his drink up into the air. "Just don't be too surprised when your paycheck has one less digit on it," he said sarcastically, smiling at him. He saw Ted blush. "But I want to repeat myself. For the very last time. And hopefully this time will stick. I am not sick. I am cancer free. So, you all can stop worrying about me. I got checked out a month ago." he said.

 

 

"That's a fucking relief," Debbie said.

 

 

"And I will make this promise in front of all of you, so if I ever, hopefully I won't have the chance to break this, but if I ever try to back out, you all can remind me that I did promise you...if I ever get sick again...I promise I won't hide it from you," he said.

 

 

"Fucking right you won't," Debbie said. They all laughed at her.

 

 

"And. So, you're all hearing it from my mouth. Listen to me. Are you all listening?" he asked. Everyone nodded. "I DID NOT GO TO NEW YORK TO STOP JUSTIN FROM GOING TO ITALY!" He yelled, making everyone jump. "Did you all hear me, or do I have to repeat myself?" he asked.

 

 

"We get it, Brian." Lindsay said.

 

 

"The whole fucking neighborhood probably heard your big ass mouth," Debbie said.

 

 

"I would never. EVER. Ask Justin to give up something to be with me," he told them. That was the last time he was ever going to explain that again.

 

"Then where did you go? You obviously went somewhere; otherwise you wouldn't have gotten past security at the airport," Emmett said.

 

Everyone got quiet as they stared at Brian. He took a sip of his drink, and smiled.

 

 

"I went to New York!" he said, holding out his hands. Everyone's mouths fell open, and he just smiled at them, sipping his drink again.

 

 

"You said you never went to New York," Ted said.

 

 

"Well, no, I said I never went there to ask Justin to stay," Brian clarified.

 

 

"Then why did you go?" Michael asked.

 

 

"So he could help me pack my stuff," Justin said from the entrance. Everyone spun around to look at him, leaning against the wall. He held his arms around. "Surprise!" he said. Everyone started screaming, and Molly went running over to him and crashed into him.

 

 

"SUNSHINE!" Debbie screamed.

 

 

"JUSTIN!" his mother cried and went running over to him. He opened his arms as she cried on his shoulder. "What are you doing here?" she exclaimed. He couldn't answer, because Gus came running up to him. Justin picked him up and hugged him tightly. He put him down, only to be hugged by Debbie. Everyone surrounded him with hugs. After everyone had given him at least two hugs, Brian walked over into the middle of the group and pushed them back.

 

 

 

"Alright, everyone, back up. Justin will tell everyone what he's doing here in just a moment. How about we all get some food and sit down, and then we can all listen to his story? He's been dying to have his moment," Brian joked. Justin smiled at him as Brian wrapped his arm around him. The room was too excited as Brian pushed them over to the tables with food.

 

 

"How's your leg?" he asked.

 

 

"Hurts like a mother fucker. I think after we eat and give everyone the tour, you're gonna have to take me to the hospital," Justin said sadly.

 

 

"It's not that big of a deal. The tour can wait," he said sincerely.

 

 

"No, it can't. I want them to all see this house tonight," he said. Brian nodded and helped him over to a chair. It was then that he noticed that he never once moved while everyone hugged him.

 

 

"What's wrong with you, honey?" Emmett asked. Everyone looked back at him.

 

 

"It's nothing really. I just cut my leg," he said as Brian helped him sit.

 

 

"Where were you hiding from all of us?" Jennifer asked.

 

 

"Upstairs in the bedroom," Justin said.

 

 

"You walked all the way down here like that?" Michael asked. Justin nodded.

 

 

"Let me fix you a plate, Sunshine," Debbie said excitedly.

 

 

"You're not our server tonight, Deb. Everyone get your food and sit," Brian told them, walking over to the buffet and making a plate for Justin, and sitting it in front of him. Everyone watched Brian as he moved. Everyone eventually got their food and sat down. Brian sat down next to Justin and smiled.

 

 

"Here.  You look like you're in pain," Ben said as he slipped some Tylenol over to Justin. Brian chuckled.

 

 

"He's allergic to that stuff." Brian said. Justin smacked him in the arm.

 

 

"I may have some Advil." Lindsay said.

 

 

"I have some ibuprofen," Jennifer said.

 

 

"Guys, it's fine. I'm fine," Justin said.

 

 

"Yeah, we've been hearing that statement for that past damn week," Ted grumbled.

 

 

"Now stop stalling and spill," Emmett said.

 

 

"Fucking tell us what the fuck is going on," Debbie said. They laughed, and Brian and Justin looked at each other.

 

 

"This is your story, Sunshine," Brian said.

 

 

"You said he came to help you pack. For Italy?" Jennifer asked. Justin took a deep breath.

 

"Well. It started Friday night. After my art show. I went next door for a drink with Sam. I've told you about her. She's my boss's wife," he said and looked around, everyone nodding. "Well, we just talked...we talked about Italy. About my art. About what makes me happy. And she made me think about what would make me happy. What did I really want to do?" he said, and he looked at Brian. "So, I made up my mind right then and there what would make me happy," he said, as he picked up Brian's hand and held it. "So, she pushed me into a cab that night. I went straight to the airport and came to Pittsburgh," he said, and he looked back at the group. At his family. "I went to the loft...and I asked Brian if I could come home," he said. Everyone's mouths dropped open.

 

 

"Wait. You're coming home?" Jennifer asked.

 

 

"But you sent us that picture of the contract," Emmett said. Brian and Justin laughed.

 

 

"Now relax, Emmy Lou. Sunshine here will explain everything," he said, wrapping his arm around Justin's shoulders.

 

 

"So, you're coming home?" Daphne asked.

 

 

"Well, no. I'm not coming home...I'm already home," Justin said. Everyone started talking at once again.

 

 

"Will you all just shut up? Let him explain," Brian laughed.

 

 

"Well, I asked him if I could come home. And obviously, he said yes. So, we left the next morning for the airport, and flew back to New York to pack up my stuff." Justin said.

 

 

"Wait! You were here in Pittsburgh that morning when I went to Brian's loft?" Ted asked. Justin and Brian laughed.

 

 

"I was sitting on the bed when he called you. And I was hiding in the bathroom when you got there," Justin said. Ted's mouth dropped.

 

 

"But I never saw you at the airport. I only saw Brian," Emmett said.

 

 

"Well, we have Michael to thank for that one. Letting me know to stop and wait to talk to Emmett. I just made Sunshine hurry his cute little ass through security. We paid some people to let us cut in front of all of them," Brian said. Everyone started laughing, but Emmett's mouth was still open.

 

 

"Wait, you were there? You were really there?" he asked. Had he known that Justin was there, he may have even seen him. But he hadn't known to look for Justin.

 

 

"I rushed through right before Brian did, and then hid behind some chairs so you couldn't see me." Justin laughed.

 

 

"You actually saw me?" Emmett demanded. Justin and Brian laughed.

 

 

"Stop that stupid, homosexual man!" Justin laughed out. Emmett looked offended.

 

 

"You yelled that in the airport?" Melanie asked. Everyone laughed at Emmett. Justin leaned into Brian, and Brian kissed his forehead.

 

 

"Well, I was trying to stop him. And I was just frustrated and couldn't think of anything to say," Emmett squeaked out.

 

 

"Now that's a first," Debbie said. Emmett was baffled, and mad that he hadn't seen Justin. Ted wrapped his arm around his shoulders.

 

 

"It's alright. I didn't know Justin was in the same room as me, either," Ted said. Emmett pushed him away.

 

 

"That doesn't make me feel better," Emmett bit out, causing everyone to laugh again.

 

 

"Okay, so let me get this straight. Friday night after your art show, you flew back here. Saturday morning Ted went to the loft, and you were hiding in the bathroom?" Ben asked.

 

Justin laughed and nodded his head.

 

 

"And when he left, you two went to the airport and back to New York?" Ben clarified.

 

 

Brian and Justin laughed and nodded. They were both loving this. They really had fooled everyone. It was a shock to them that Justin was here. Jennifer put her hand over Justin's.

 

 

"Oh, are you okay?" Justin asked as he saw the tears in his mother's eyes.  He leaned over and hugged her. He chuckled. "Why are you crying?" he asked.

 

 

"Because I thought you were going to Italy. I just talked to you today about it. And now you're here. I just don't understand," she said.

 

 

"Everyone fucking shut up and let Sunshine tell his story. His mother needs to hear it," Debbie said. Jennifer sat forward and wiped her face. Molly wrapped her arm around her mother's arm.

 

 

"So, we went back Saturday and packed Saturday and Sunday. And on Monday morning, the movers came and got all my stuff," Justin said. Brian went over to the bar and pulled out his IPad and sat back down.

 

 

"And Monday night we went out with Josh and Samantha. And had a celebratory dinner that Sunshine here was coming home," he said and tuned his IPad around. The picture that Justin sent out to everyone of him, Josh and Sam, was now zoomed out, and it showed Brian at the far end, with his arm around Justin's shoulders. Everyone gasped and laughed.

 

 

"And I did technically sign the contract. But it was just to throw you guys off. We wouldn't have had to do any of that. But Ted was ruining the surprise by letting everyone know that Brian left, and got everyone so freaked out that he was either sick or trying to stop me," Justin laughed. Brian shook his head and took a sip of his drink.

 

 

"I'm gonna fucking kill Theodore," Brian joked.

 

 

"So, wait! When did you come back home?" Melanie asked.

 

 

"Tuesday morning. And all my stuff got here later that afternoon, while Brian went to the office and showed Ted he was still alive," Justin joked. Ted rolled his eyes and then flicked him off.

 

 

"Where's all your stuff?" Lindsay asked.

 

 

"Well that's my couch," Justin said, pointing to the corner of the room. "And all my boxes and the rest of my furniture is upstairs in a few of the rooms," he said.

 

 

"Where have you both been sleeping? Because I went to the loft and you weren't there," Michael said. Justin and Brian laughed.

 

 

"I set my bed up when they brought my stuff here," Justin said.

 

 

"Brian's trained him well, of course; that's the first thing that he'd set up," Debbie joked. Justin eyed Molly. She hadn't been around any of these people a lot. She was only 15 years old. Gosh, was she really 15 years old already?

 

 

"We needed a place to sleep. And we needed it, because I knew someone would come by my loft and ruin the surprise, as Mikey so beautifully pointed out," he said. Michael smiled proudly. "You all are too fucking nosy. Sunshine wanted to surprise you all, and everyone was going out of their damn way to ruin it," Brian said, sipping his drink. Everyone laughed at him, and Justin leaned into him again.

 

 

"So you're back? For good? You're not going to Italy?" Daphne asked. Everyone got quiet again to hear his answer.

 

 

"I respectfully declined the offer. I'm still with Josh's Gallery. So, I can paint and have anything I want shipped up to him. But my home is here," he said, looking at Brian.

 

"You said this was our welcome home dinner," Lindsay said. Brian laughed.

 

 

"No. I said I wanted to HAVE a welcome home dinner. I didn't say for you," he said and smiled. He shook his arm that was around Justin. "It's Sunshine's welcome home dinner," he said. He raised his glass. "Welcome Home, Sunshine," he said. Everyone raised their glasses.

 

 

"WELCOME HOME!" everyone cheered.

 

 

"So, then it's official. You're really here to stay?" Daphne asked again.

 

Justin nodded.

 

 

"What are you going to do since your home, sweetie?" Emmett asked.

 

 

"I haven't thought too far ahead. A lot's going through my head. I just have to get settled and we'll..." he looked over at Brian. "We'll figure it all out," Justin said.

 

 

Michael raised his glass. "We missed you. And we're glad your back," Michael said.

 

Debbie raised her glass. "We're damn proud of you, Sunshine. But we're not ready to have you ever leave us. So, you're staying put this time," Debbie said.

 

 

"No matter what artist's dream your offered," Daphne said. They all cheered.

 

 

Justin smiled and put his head down. He put his hand over his face, and Brian could tell that he was getting emotional. He put his hand on the back of his head, and ran it through his hair. He started scratching his head as his shoulders shook a small bit. Jennifer rubbed his back, and he finally looked up.

 

 

"I was so worried that I wouldn't be able to come back," he whispered.

 

Everyone awed at this. Saying 'Oh, Justin,' 'honey,' 'sweetie,' 'sunshine.'

 

 

"Why on earth would you think you wouldn't be able to come home?" Lindsay asked.

 

 

"I mean, I know I would be able to. But I just didn't know if you all would be okay with that. Wondering if I'm going to leave again. I didn't know if you'd all believe me or not that I really am here to stay. I made a mistake by leaving in the first place. I was never happy there..." Justin trailed off and put his head back down, covering his face. Brian pulled him closer to him, and kissed the top of his head.

 

 

"Why the hell would any of these assholes in this room not believe you?" Debbie asked.

 

 

"And you didn't leave anyone, Justin. You went to further your career. That's not a bad thing," Melanie said.

 

 

"And look what you accomplished. You have art galleries wanting your work. You made a name for yourself in only seven months. That's a huge accomplishment. That's nothing to be ashamed of," Lindsay told him. Justin nodded his head.

 

 

"We're happy for you, no matter what you choose to do in life," Jennifer said.

 

 

"Even if you are annoying as hell when you're around all the time," Molly said. Everyone looked over at her, stunned, for speaking for the first time. Everyone burst out laughing, shocked by her statement. Justin wiped his face.

 

 

"I agree with her." Brian joked.

 

 

"There was no mistake that you left. You went to prove to yourself that you could be an artist. And you did it. Your name is out there in the world. And you chose what to do with that. You chose to come home. That's not a mistake. It's not a failure. You don't have to worry about, what if I had gone to New York? You know what happened. You made amazing contacts, and made everyone in this room proud," Michael said. Justin couldn't help but notice how far he and Michael had come in their own relationship. He didn't hate Justin anymore for being the trick that never went away.

 

 

"You have the luxury of being able to come home, and send your work off. That's a damn fine accomplishment," Ben said. Justin looked around the room.

 

"You all have no idea how much I needed to hear all that. You guys have no idea how much I've missed every single one of you," Justin said as he laughed.

 

 

"We've missed you, too, baby," Emmett said as he was crying, making everyone laugh.

 

 

"So, are you guys getting back together?" Daphne asked.

 

 

"Well, we are back together...but you mean are we getting married still?" Justin said. He looked over at Brian. "You wanna answer that one, Mr. Kinney?" Justin asked. Brian cleared his throat.

 

 

"Well. If you'd like to know, Deekins is running for mayor again. And he's putting a new proposition on the ballet," he said.

 

 

"What the fuck does Deekins have to do with you and Sunshine getting hitched?" Debbie demanded. Justin laughed and put his head upon Brian's shoulder.

 

 

"I'm getting to that," Brian told her. "It's to legalize gay marriages," he said. Silence filled the room. "So, I plan on marrying this kid over here when it gets legalized!" Brian said. Jennifer covered her mouth as she let out a cry. Everyone started screaming and cheering. Justin looked at Brian and smiled. Then he leaned over and kissed him.

 

 

"We're still getting married, guys," Justin sang. This was where his heart was. He could paint anywhere. That wasn't his number one dream. Brian Kinney was his dream.