Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

Chapter 30

 

Justin loved having Gus stay over again, and having Sawyer stay. He felt more adult when Gus was around. Even if he was sitting on the floor playing a game with him and acting silly, he still felt like an adult, because he was caring for his son. It made it feel more real. His family. And he was all smiles the next day helping Gus get ready for school. He loved making him breakfast, and packing his lunch, and having Brian drive them over to his school. Of course, Brian drove Justin's SUV. It was that whole dominate side of Brian. He needed to be in control. But Justin didn't mind that. He loved who Brian was. And he wouldn't change him for anything.

 

Gus loved having both his dads, and his grandfather walk him into his class. He showed Sawyer his cubby, and where he sat. "Come to fight with a teacher?" Lucy asked as she walked up to Brian and Justin. Justin laughed.

 

"He's on his best behavior this morning." Justin told her, and he patted Brian's chest lovingly. Brian rolled his eyes, making Lucy chuckle. Sawyer kissed her cheek.

 

"You boys look so nice all dressed up." Lucy said. As she brushed a piece of lint off of Justin's shoulders.

 

"Wait till you see Sunshine in his tux. He's going to be the prettiest bride ever." Brian joked in a funny voice, and pinched Justin's cheeks. Justin smacked his hands away.

 

"Stop calling me the bride." Justin told him. Brian hit him back, laughing.

 

"Alright children. How about I get you two out of here before the children stop copying you." Sawyer said, standing in the middle of them and pushing Brian towards the door. Both Justin and Brian laughed. Gus hugged and kissed them all goodbye, and they left to go pick up Teresa, and then drove to the court house.

 

"So how was your all boys slumber party last night?" Teresa asked from the backseat. Justin chuckled at the way she said party. She pronounced it pah-te.

 

"It was great. We stayed up and did each others hair. Then we talked about the cutest boys at our school. Then we had a pillow fight. And Sunshine wore the cutest pink footsie pajamas." Brian said in a girl voice, and pinched Justin's cheeks. He smacked him away.

 

"Why are you constantly calling me a girl you asshole?" Justin asked, smacking his shoulder

 

"But your just so cute." Brian mocked as he tried to pinch his cheeks again.

 

"And will you stop pinching my cheeks." Justin told him, slapping his hands again and trying to shove them away.

 

"Well bend over so I can pinch the other one's."

 

"Ok Debbie." Justin said, smacking his hand away again.

 

"What is with the two of you lately? You both act like a couple of kids." Sawyer joked.

 

"Will you watch the road?" Justin demanded.

 

"Look daddy no hands." Brian joked, taking his hands off the wheel. Teresa just giggled at them as Justin rolled his eyes. It wasn't long before they arrived at the courthouse. Brian was trying to keep Justin calm all morning, that was the reasoning for his joking with Justin all morning. He wasn't afraid to talk. Craig could throw out whatever he wanted, and Brian wasn't fazed by any of it. He wouldn't admit that he was a bit worried about when they started talking about the fact that he was in a relationship with Justin when he was only 17. But he wasn't worried for himself, but for Jennifer. He didn't want anything to go wrong for her and Molly's sake. But it was Justin that was worried. He kept his arm around his shoulders while they waited in a room.

 

"You're gonna be fine baby." Melanie told Justin and kissed his cheek.

 

"I just still don't get why any of this has to be brought up. Molly's not living with me and Brian." Justin said, scrubbing his face with his hands.

 

"We all know that. But your father is throwing anything he can out to discredit your mother. He's grasping at straws. It didn't go well for him yesterday. Craig's lawyer tried to rattle your mom and Tucker yesterday, and it didn't work. And it's not going to work today. But this time tomorrow, we'll be all done with this, and Molly will be going home with your mother, where she belongs. If the judge is really annoyed, he'll make his decision today." Melanie said, smiling at him.

 

"Thank you." Justin said. Molly opened the door and came back in from getting a drink.

 

"Did you know Lori came back with the baby?" Molly asked her mom as she walked in. Jennifer shook her head.

 

"She brought her baby to the courthouse?" Brian asked, thinking that was incredibly stupid.

 

"I thought you said Lori left him." Justin said to Molly. She shrugged her shoulders.

 

"I thought she did to. She took Lilly back home with her. She looks miserable out there." Molly told them. Justin couldn't agree more. When he saw the younger woman who his father married, she looked miserable and angry about being there. It was the first time Justin had seen his half sister.

 

"She has your eyes." Brian whispered. Justin nodded sadly as they sat down.

 

"It's weird to think that I have another sister who I'll never know." Justin said. Brian squeezed his shoulder. Brian didn't tell Justin about what he and Melanie talked about the night before. Craig was out for blood, and with the day before not going his way, he was determined to bring Jennifer down, by using Justin and Brian. He was prepared for Craig's wrath. He wasn't so sure if Justin was. Brian was actually called first. He kissed Justin's cheek before he left. He wanted to look over and smile at Craig, but Melanie had warned him not to. The judge would be watching, and he would see that as antagonistic. He wouldn't do that, for Justin and his families sake. Craig's lawyer went after him first.

 

"How old were you when you met Mr. Taylor?" he asked. Melanie stood up and smiled.

 

"I have to interrupt. In light of their upcoming wedding, Justin has actually legally changed his name. I have the paperwork right here your honor." Melanie said holding it up. The judge nodded and she walked over and handed it to him, and turned and walked back to her seat, smiling.

 

"Note that Justin Craig Taylor, will now be called Justin Taylor Kinney." the judge said. Brian kept the smile off his face, but he did look at Craig. Craig's eyes widened, and his face turned red.

 

"You gotta be freaken kidding me." Craig roared.

 

"Mr. Thompson, I suggest you keep your client under control. I will not have him turning this courtroom into another wrestling ring." the judge said. His lawyer whispered in his ear, and stood back up to talk to Brian. He glanced over quickly to see Justin. He was sandwiched in between Sawyer and Teresa. Sawyer was glaring at Craig, begging him to look over at Justin, protecting him. He noticed that Debbie had just walked in with Carl, to sit behind Justin, with Michael, Ben, Emmett and Ted. Daphne was sitting next to Teresa with Tucker on her other side.

 

"Mr. Kinney. How old were you when you met Justin...Kinney?" Thompson asked. Brian smiled.

 

"I was 29."

 

"And how old was Justin?"

 

"17."

 

"And you knew this the night that you brought him back to your loft and had sexual intercourse with him?" Thompson asked. Melanie stood straight up.

 

"Objection your honor. Both Brian and Justin's private life is just that. He has no right asking what they do behind closed doors, just because of their homosexual lifestyle." Mel said.

 

"Your honor, this is just the very beginning in my questioning to show that both Brian and Justin Kinney are a bad influence for Justin's younger sister, and that Brian Kinney hasn't even been following the law. There is a point to this very important question." Thompson said.

 

"Sustained. Figure out how to ask it a different way." the judge said, taking hid glasses off and pinching the bridge of his nose.

 

"Justin Kinney, then Justin Taylor, was only 17 years old when you started a physical relationship with him?" Thompson grouched out.

 

"Yes."

 

"And you continued to see him, even though it was against the law?" he asked.

 

"Yes." Brian told him, staring straight at him. Not backing down. Thompson nodded.

 

"And you gave Justin Taylor illegal drugs." Thompson said.

 

"I never gave Justin any drugs." Brian said, looking at Mel. He hadn't expected that question.

 

"But you used to smoke and do drugs in Justin's bedroom while Molly was right down the hall." Thompson said. Brian shook his head.

 

"No I never did that. I was only in Jennifer and Craig's house one time. I never went upstairs while I was there. I walked through the front of the house to sit in the living room, and left shortly after I got there. I never did any type of drugs while I was in that house." Brian told him.

 

"But you have done, and do currently do illegal drugs." Thompson sad. Mel shot up again.

 

"Objection your honor. Whether or not Mr. Kinney has in the past done illegal drugs, it has nothing to do with this case. This is about whether Molly Taylor is safer with her mother or father. It has nothing to do with Brian Kinney's supposed drug use." Mel said.

 

"Sustained. It has not been proven that Mr. Kinney has done illegal drugs with or near Molly Taylor." the judge said. Brian stared straight faced at Mr. Thompson. He was starting to sweat.

 

"Mr. Kinney. Did you, or did you not, continue to have a physical relationship with Justin Taylor..Kinney, even after you learned the fact that he was 17 years old?" he asked. Melanie shot up again.

 

"Your honor. He has already asked Brian Kinney that question. Brian continued to have a relationship with Justin. They're getting married." Melanie said.

 

"Is there a point to asking Mr. Kinney these questions?" the judge asked. Brian wanted to laugh.

 

"Yes there is. I'm trying to establish that Mr. Kinney isn't a good influence to have around someone as young as Molly Taylor." Thompson said, looking back at Brian. "Even though it was illegal. You could go to jail. You continued to have a relationship with a minor?" he asked. Brian took a deep breath.

 

"According to the law, it was illegal. But, if you knew him, or me...you would know that he wasn't just some kid who walked into my life. I'm marrying that 17 year old kid, so I must feel more for him, then sex." Brian said. Thompson went to go speak, but Brian kept talking. "So you can condemn me all you want for having any type of relationship with him for those few months when he was 17, because I'm already being condemned because I'm gay. That's why Craig Taylor doesn't want me near Molly, because his own son chose me instead of a woman." Brian said. Thompson was stunned. Melanie just sat back, and covered her mouth. Brian made a face. "Yes I continued to see Justin. Any other questions?" Brian asked. Thompson shook his head and sat down. Mel smiled and stood up.

 

"Mr. Kinney. How many times were you at Craig Taylor's house?" Melanie asked.

 

"Only once."

 

"And can you explain why you went there?" Melanie asked.

 

"Craig kicked Justin out of his house. Justin had no where to go, so I went to school to pick him up, and I drove him home. I tried to talk to his parents. I wanted them to let Justin come back. Well, not them. Jennifer never wanted Justin to leave. I was trying to convince Craig to let his son come back home."

 

"Was Molly there?" Melanie asked.

 

"No she wasn't. Justin asked Jennifer when he first came home, if Molly was there. But Jennifer said she was at her friends house." Brian said.

 

"Do you remember the first time you met Molly?"

 

"It was after Justin started college, and his parents got a divorce. He moved in with me, and I was driving him back to his moms house for dinner. Jennifer invited me in to stay, but I didn't stay long. And Molly was sitting in the living room watching a movie."

 

"So almost a year after you met Justin did you meet his sister." Mel asked. Brian nodded.

 

"Yes."

 

"And you were only in Craig Taylor's house once? You never dropped off, or picked Justin up there any other time?"

 

"No I never did."

 

"So how is that you were able to sneak into his bedroom at night, and bring pot and smoke it in Justin's room?" Melanie asked. Then she turned to Craig, and back to the judge. "Your honor, if he's only been there one time, how was any of that able to happen? Molly Taylor herself has wrote down that the meeting in Jennifer Taylor's town home was the first night she met Brian also. Seems strange doesn't it?" Mel asked. Brian glanced at Justin, and he was smiling. "Can you tell me about Justin's college tuition?" Mel asked. Brian nodded his head.

 

"Craig paid for the first quarter. He wanted Justin to go to Dartmouth, but Justin wanted to go to the Pittsburgh Institute of Fine Art. So Craig refused to pay it. So, I went to Justin and told him I would pay for it." Brian told her. Melanie nodded.

 

"You also told Jennifer something recently about Molly's own college tuition. What did you say to her?" Mel asked.

 

"Well, if she gets sole custody of Molly, there's no way Craig's gonna pay for her to go to college. Or if Molly disappoints Craig in anyway he won't pay for her. But I told Jennifer not to worry. That I would take care of Molly's college education. There's no reason that she can't go to college, either of Jennifer Taylor's kids, just because their father is a..." Brian trailed off as Melanie glared at him to watch his mouth. "Because Craig Taylor won't pay."

 

"Objection your honor. Craig Taylor loves Molly, and loves Justin. He was paying for Justin to go to college, but it was Justin who refused to take his money." Thompson said. Brian watched as Justin's mouth dropped.

 

"Your honor, I can go to P.I.F.A and have them come down here and swear that Craig Taylor was the one who refused to pay, because some of the counselors spoke with Mr. Taylor. But this isn't even about college money. I am trying to point out, that this terrible influence, Brian Kinney, took care of Justin. He made sure he got through college, and he's going to make sure Molly gets through college also. Brian Kinney put a roof over Justin's head, and paid his way through college. Two things that a parent is supposed to do." Melanie said.

 

"Overruled." the judge said. Brian smiled.

 

"Mr. Kinney, you also paid for Justin's bail, when his father had him arrested a couple of years back? Correct? Can you explain what happened?" Melanie asked. Brian's eyes widened a little and he looked at Jennifer. She just smiled. That was their secret. No one knew about that. And honestly, he had even forgotten. Brian cleared his throat.

 

"Justin was protesting outside of Craig Taylor's store. He had gone to his father to try and reason with him when Proposition 14 was going on. Craig yelled that gay people were an abomination. So Justin protested outside. And Craig had him arrested. The officer even tried to reason with Craig because it was his son. But he said arrest him. Jennifer called me, because she didn't have enough to bail him out. And I wrote her a check and dropped it off to her for the whole amount." Brian said. Melanie nodded.

 

"Another thing you had to pay for, because of Justin's father." Melanie said. Brian nodded his head. "Mr. Kinney, do you get along with Molly?"

 

"Yes. She's a great kid. She's easy to get along with."

 

"Do you flirt with her?"

 

"No."

 

"Why not?"

 

"Because she's a girl." Brian said, causing a few people to laugh. Brian rolled his eyes. "And because she's 15 years old. And because she's my fiance's sister. Little sister." Brian said. Melanie laughed.

 

"How do you feel about Jennifer Taylor? Just in general, what do you think of her?" Mel asked. Brian took a deep breath.

 

"I think she is one of the most loving, and caring mothers I've ever met. People...find me intimidating. But not her. She came right up to me, in my face, and told me where to go, and how to get there. She laid down the law. She was never afraid to stand up to me. After Justin was bashed in the head...she didn't want me to see him anymore...but she came to me and asked me to help him. She isn't afraid to ask for something she didn't want. Because she was standing up for her son, and would jump in front of a bullet for him. It was hard on her at first when Justin came out and said he was gay. But she jumped right into his world, head first, without a helmet. She loves him. She didn't care if he was gay. She still doesn't. She raised two amazing kids. Who are strong, and loving and caring. Despite their father. She's one of the best moms out there." Brian rambled. He scratched the back of his head. Melanie smiled at him.

 

"No further questions." Mel said proudly and walked back to her seat.

 

"We'll take a 10 minute recess." the judge said. Brian walked back awkwardly to his seat, and Jennifer jumped up to hug Brian.

 

"I love you to ya know." Jennifer whispered as she pulled back. She wiped away a tear. He just fidgeted around.

 

"Yeah well I had to make it sound good. Couldn't say how you just dumped his fucking underwear on my desk." Brain grumbled, making his group chuckle. Craig glared at them the whole way out. Justin smiled and him and leaned up and hugged him.

 

"That lawyer's an ass. How'd he pass the fucking bar?" Debbie asked. Everyone started talking and Brian looked down at Justin.

 

"You ok?" he asked quietly. Justin nodded.

 

"I hope that goes smoothly like it did for you. My father's lawyer is an idiot. He couldn't get a word in edgewise with Melanie." Justin joked.

 

"Did you see his face when she told everyone your name changed?" Brian asked. Justin shook his head.

 

"I'm not looking at him. Not even when I'm up there. I think I'll freak out if I do." Justin answered honestly, looking sad.

 

"Well, the color drained from his face. And then it turned bright red. It was a huge slap in the face Sunshine." Brian joked.

 

"You never told me you bailed me out." Justin said. Brian shrugged his shoulders "I thought we told each other everything." Justin said. Brian chuckled.

 

"So sue me. I actually forgot I did that. It wasn't a big deal to me." Brian said. Justin smiled and kissed him.

 

"Thank you." Justin said, smiling at him. He kept his arm around Justin until everyone came back in. he squeezed the back of Justin's neck to relax him. "Maybe it is just a good idea to not look at him." Brian whispered. Justin looked at him. "Just look at Melanie. Or me. Just don't look over at your father. He's not worth it." Brian said. Justin nodded sadly. He felt Justin tense as they called his name, and he squeezed his shoulder.

 

"Go get em Sunshine." Debbie said. He smiled at her as he stood up, and Brian squeezed his hand tightly. He smiled up at Justin and he walked up and sat down. Thompson stood in front of him.

 

"Justin, who taught you how to ride your first bike?" Thompson asked. Melanie turned her head to Jennifer and rolled her eyes. Molly snorted. She was sitting in between Daphne and Tucker.

 

"All hail the man who taught us how to ride our bikes. It's only because mom made us nervous that she didn't." Molly said. Jennifer turned to glare at Molly, but Brian chuckled.

 

"I taught him how." Daphne said, rolling her eyes.

 

"My best friend, Daphne Chanders." Justin said. Thompson stopped, and looked back at Craig. Thompson went to keep talking, but Justin went on. "I learned how to ride a bike after Daphne learned how. I was jealous, so she grabbed her bike and tried to hold me up, but couldn't because we were only 5 years old. So I kinda just had to hold myself up or she was gonna tip me over. But she's the one who taught me...I tried to tell my dad I knew how, but he didn't listen to me. He took my training wheels off, and he pushed me, and I just rode my bike. He thought he taught me, but he didn't." Justin said. Brian covered his face with his hand and started chuckling. He could hear Emmett behind him doing the same thing, and knew that Debbie hit Emmett, right before she hit Brian in the head.

 

"Well. Who taught you how to tie your shoe laces?" Thompson asked.

 

"My mother." Justin said, giving Thompson a strange look. "She had more patience for things like that. The only thing I can even remember my father teaching me was how to shave. And even then I kinda already knew how to." Justin said. Thompson went back over to his table and moved around a few papers. Justin looked over at Melanie. She must have mouthed something to him, because he nodded and smiled. He looked over to Brian, who was still covering his mouth because he was trying not to laugh again.

 

"Would you say Justin, that you lived a rather privileged life?" Thompson asked. Justin sat up straight and took a deep breath.

 

"My father's business was pretty profitable. We lived on the higher society end. I got to go on vacations every summer. I attended a very good school. We lived in a wealthy neighborhood. We belonged to a very popular Country Club. I pretty much got anything I asked for, within reason. We didn't struggle for anything that cost money." Justin said. Mel turned and smirked at Brian. To Brian, that sounded like Thompson got what he wanted. It proved that Craig provided very well for his family. But to Melanie, it meant something more. Brian didn't know what yet.

 

"And you had a good life didn't you? One that your father provided for." Thompson said.

 

"My dad worked a lot. So it was just me, my mom and Molly 90% of time. My mom is the one who helped me with my homework. She's the one who kept on me about my school work. Made sure I never struggled with anything. And when I was, she's the one who got me a tutor. She knew whenever I had a test. She's the one who made sure I did my chores. She's the one who taught me how to be a human being. She drove me everywhere, cooked, cleaned. She's the one who provided for me. He just gave us the money to do it." Justin said.

 

"You go boy." Emmett whispered.

 

"But without your father-"

 

"He financially supported us. But he was grumpy and moody when he was around. We liked when he wasn't there. He never stayed around for our birthday parties, because all the little kids gave him a headache. My mother is the one who raised us. She's the one who got me accepted into Dartmouth. She's the person who made me who I am. My father had nothing to do with that. If he raised me, I'd be a bigoted, violent drunk." Justin said. The judge tapped his hammer.

 

"Mr. Kinney!" the judge warned.

 

"Sorry." Justin mumbled. Brian smiled brightly.

 

"That's so weird to hear him say Mr. Kinney, and he's not talking to Brian." Emmett whispered to Debbie. Brian turned his head and chuckled.

 

"Is that why you used to sneak a man into your bedroom? Because you were angry at your father?" Thompson asked.

 

"OBJECTION!" Melanie screamed. Justin went to say something, but Melanie's glare told him not to. "Jennifer and Molly Taylor, and Brian and Justin Kinney have already stated that Brian was only at the Taylor's house one time. And it has nothing to do with who Molly Taylor should live with." Mel said.

 

"Sustained." the judge said. Melanie smiled and Justin. Brian could tell by his fidgeting that he wanted to get down already. He hated being up there.

 

"You're father paid for your college education. Did he not?" Thompson asked.

 

"He started to. He wanted me to go to Dartmouth. He thought if I went there, I would be more of a man and be straight. But I wanted to be an artist and go to the Pittsburgh Institute of Fine Art. And I wanted to remain gay. So he refused to help me. Even after I went and showed him my work. And I begged him. I tried to repair our relationship. But he didn't want that. The only reason he paid for it in the beginning, was because he was already fighting with my mother about my medical bills after I was bashed. She was paying for it, and he wouldn't help her. And I think at that point he still had a heart somewhere, and felt bad that I was in the hospital. And maybe he thought I would wise up." Justin said.

 

"Your father tells quite a different story. He says he tried to pay for you education, but you refused-"

 

"That's a lie!" Justin interrupted. Justin shook his head. "He refused to pay for it. Brian's the one who stepped up and paid for my college education. Because he believed in me. He believed I could be a real artist. And it paid off, seeing as how the most expensive painting I've sold was 43,000 dollars." Justin said. Mel smiled at him. "And what does that have to do with Molly?" Justin demanded. Thompson shook his head, and read some more notes.

 

"You use foul language in front of Molly. Both you and Brian. Don't you? Even though your parents repeatedly asked you to stop." Thompson asked.

 

"I used to when I was a teenager. What kid doesn't cuss? I was told not to, so that made me want to do it even more. But I'm an adult now, and realize that every other word doesn't have to some obscenity" Justin answered. Brian could tell Justin was getting heated. Getting frustrated. He just hoped he kept his cool long enough for Melanie to talk.

 

"And you used drugs while you lived in your parents house? With Molly there?"

 

"No I never did. I was afraid of getting caught. The only thing I ever did was smoke pot, and I NEVER did that in my house. My mom would smell that and I'd never see the light of day." Justin answered.

 

"Come on. What teenager doesn't do drugs at their own house?" Thompson asked arrogantly.

 

"Like I said. My mother would have smelled it on me. She would have known I was high, and I never took that chance. And I never gave anything to Molly either, if you want to ask that next." Justin ground out.

 

"But you used to sneak Brian into your house at night didn't you." Thompson said. It wasn't a question, it was a statement. Justin shook his head.

 

"Neither Brian or I are that stupid. Why would I try and sneak Brian into my house, when he has his own? That's just looking for trouble. And I was trying to hide the fact that I was guy. Sneaking a guy in would have brought that secret wide out in the open. And then when my dad did find out, I barely stayed in my house because all he did was yell at me." Justin answered. Melanie stood up.

 

"Your honor. Nothing that he is asking Mr. Kinney has anything to do with this custody suit." Melanie said. The judge nodded.

 

"Are you about done?" the judge asked.

 

"Just a few more questions your honor. Isn't it true Mr. Kinney, that you tease your little sister? Calling her a lesbian. Making her cry when she says she's not gay." Thompson said. Brian saw Justin's eyes widen. He knew he was going to blow up. Justin sat there for a moment, just breathing. Then started talking.

 

"I'm homosexual. I'm gay. Why the hell would I ever make fun of her and call her a lesbian? I take it very offensively when anyone calls a person gay or lesbian, and means it in a derogatory way. I tease Molly because she's my sister, but never to hurt her feelings. I don't tease her to make her cry. It makes us laugh. It makes her hit me because I call her a brat or annoying. She likes boys. They're plastered all over her wall. But if she were to ever come to me and say she was a lesbian, I would never make fun of her. I'd be there to support her because I know what it's like being gay. I would be sensitive to that. But I would never call her a lesbian and make her cry because she says she isn't one. I'm not cruel like that. She's my sister and I love her." Justin ground out. Justin stared at Thompson for a moment.

 

"No further questions your honor." Thompson said and plopped down in his seat. Melanie stood up and walked closer to Justin.

 

"Breathe." she mouthed. Justin nodded his head. "You know, not to keep going with all this nonsense about money for your college education...but what did you do when Brian first offered to pay for it?" Melanie asked. Brian could tell that Justin was still seething.

 

"I refused it...I told him I would figure it out myself...I got a job to try and pay for it. But I was working all the time, and sleeping through my classes. So I made a deal with Brian. It would just be a loan. We put it in writing, and I would pay him back, plus interest." Justin said. Mel nodded.

 

"Now you two broke up for awhile. You didn't want to accept Brian's money, and that's when you went to your father in your second year. Trying to make him understand. That's when he refused right?" Mel asked.

 

"Yes."

 

"Then what happened?"

 

"I found out it was already paid for. The whole year...it was Brian. He refused to not pay for it because I deserved to go, and we made a deal and wanted to stick by it." Justin said. Mel nodded again.

 

"Well, I don't think people who are cruel and want to corrupt a 15 year old girl do things like that. But let's skip ahead then. Has your father ever hit you?" Melanie asked. Justin took a deep breath.

 

"Yeah. A few times."

 

"And has he ever hit Brian?"

 

"Yes. He came up behind him and punched him, and then started kicking him."

 

"But that wasn't the first time he was violent with Brian was it?"

 

"No. He slammed into his car from behind. Gave Brian a concussion and totaled his jeep."

 

"OBJECTION YOUR HONOR. HE'S LYING!" Thompson yelled. Melanie spun around.

 

"My client is lying? All Craig Taylor has been doing is lying. All of these things that he's been spouting off are lies. I'm trying to prove right now that Craig Taylor has a violent history." Melanie said.

 

"Overruled." the judge said. Mel turned back to Justin.

 

"And then he hit you right here a few months ago in this very courtroom."

 

"Objection. My client was provoked." Thompson said.

 

"Overruled!" the judge said.

 

"Yes he did."

 

"And when he hit you, you slammed into Brian, and then Brian and you both slammed into me, causing three people to go to the hospital." Mel said. Justin nodded his head. "And Craig was drunk a lot correct? He was even drunk the night that Molly Taylor snuck out of her house." Melanie said.

 

"Yes he was. And another night he went to my mothers house drunk after Molly told him she wanted to live with my mom. Then he came to my loft drunk."

 

"Objection your honor. That was also the night that a Teresa Marrazzo punched Mr. Taylor in the face, breaking his nose."

 

"Wish I broke more then just his fucking nose." Teresa mumbled.

 

"That is true your honor. But in her defense, she was provoked by a belligerent, violent drunk calling her a whore right in her face." Melanie said.

 

"Overruled." the judge said. Brian couldn't believe how well Melanie was doing. She couldn't fail even if she tried. The fates or whatever were totally on their side.

 

"Why did your parents get divorced?" Melanie asked. Justin took a deep breath.

 

"Well. There are two different versions to that story. My mothers, and mine, is that it was a long time coming. My dad was hard to get along with. And he cheated on her. And how he treated me when I said I was gay was the last straw with my mother. Especially after he attacked me and Brian. But if you ask my father, he says it was my fault." Justin said, looking back down.

 

"Justin...when you were bashed in the head on your prom night...you were in a coma for a few days. And you stayed in the hospital for over a month...did your father ever visit you?" Melanie asked. Justin took a deep breath, and the hurt was written all over Justin's face.

 

"No." Justin said sadly. Brian glared over at Craig. He couldn't visit his son after he almost died? But was he any better? He only visited at night, when Justin was asleep. He shook his head. He at least went, and knew every single thing that ever was done for him.

 

"Did he call you?" she asked. Justin shook his head and looked down.

 

"No he didn't."

 

"Why not?" Mel asked. Justin looked up and straight at his father. Justin was done.

 

"Because I was nothing but a faggot who my father wanted nothing to do with." Justin said, tears forming in his eyes.

 

"Nothing further your honor. And I ask that we take another recess." Melanie asked. The judge granted that, and as soon as Justin stood up she grabbed him and wrapped her arm around his shoulder, not letting him see his father. "Come on." she said hurrying him out of there, with Brian and everyone else right behind. Melanie directed him back to the room again. When he was in he turned and Brian hugged him.

 

"You did good Sunshine. You did really good." Brian told him. Justin let out a sob as he squeezed Brian tightly. Jennifer came right in after them.

 

"Oh sweetie I'm so sorry." Jennifer said as she shut the door. Brian just rubbed his hands up and down Justin's back.

 

"He's not worth it Sunshine. You know what you have to do. Have a better life then he does. And I already told you how you do that. You'll show him that your not some stupid faggot. You'll show him your a million times better then him. He'll regret the day he lost you. You're to good for him. He doesn't deserve you as a son." Brian told him. Melanie looked at them with stunned eyes. Never had she heard Brian be so kind.

 

"I want this to fucking be over with. I want him out of my life, and I don't ever want to see him again. I'm done." Justin cried into Brian's chest.

 

"Well you did great out there sweetie. I just need you to hold tight a little bit longer. Once Jennifer and Craig get up there, it will all be up to Molly, and then we're done. I don't see the judge dragging this out at all. He wants nothing to do with Craig." Melanie said.

 

"He's a fucking asshole." Jennifer blurted out. Brian turned his head to look at her, and Justin picked his head up and looked at her. "Well we all know he is. I hate him for what he's done to my kids." Jennifer said, shaking her head and covering her mouth. Justin went over and hugged her. They ended up going back in, and it was Jennifer's turn again. Thompson tried to get her to admit to allowing Brian to sneak into their home. That she allowed him to have a physical relationship with Brian. He then tried to get her to admit, or trick her into admitting that she let Tucker hit on and flirt with Molly, and that he would walk in on her naked. But Mel again, never let him get to far. When she questioned Jennifer, she put her back into the good light. After that, the judge said he would go to lunch, and then listen to Craig, and Molly once more.

 

They all decided to go to lunch at a restaurant next door. Justin remained pretty quiet, and Brian just kept a hand on the back of his neck. "You ok Sunshine?" Brian asked quietly, while everyone was talking. Justin nodded sadly.

 

"Yeah. I'm ok." Justin said sadly. Brian just looked at him. "I'll be ok. Eventually. One day it's gotta stop hurting that your dad wishes you were dead right." Justin said. Brian kissed his forehead.

 

"Fuck him." Brian said. Justin half smiled.

 

"I know." Justin said. After lunch, Craig got up on the stand, and Melanie started out with a list of lies that he had said.

 

"These are the lies that you have reported, under oath. And these, are not what I'm going to focus on." Melanie said as she crumbled the piece of paper, and threw it on her desk. "We've already established the real stories, and on that piece of paper was your version. So I don't feel the need to do much questioning. I just have a few questions for you. Like, how do you really feel about having a son who's gay?" Melanie asked. Justin gasped. He hadn't expected that. Brian squeezed his shoulder.

 

"She knows what's she's doing." Brian whispered. Daphne has sat next to him this time, and squeezed his hand tightly.

 

"I don't have to answer that." Craig said. Melanie laughed and looked at the judge.

 

"You will answer Mrs. Marcus' question Mr. Taylor." he told him. Craig's face turned red.

 

"I think his choice is disgusting. I think his life style is disgusting, and he's going to hell. Along with every gay person." Craig said. Justin just put his head down.

 

"I wasn't aware that you were religious Mr. Taylor. I also believe committing adultery is against God's words also. But I guess most people pick and choose what they want to believe and follow to their own personal use. So how do you feel about Molly?" Mel asked.

 

"I love her. And she's only going to be neglected and abused if she doesn't get out of her mothers house." Craig said. Then, it was Molly's turn. Thompson tried to turn Molly against Justin, but she didn't do that. Melanie didn't linger to long with Molly.

 

"How do you feel about having a gay brother?"

 

"It's not that big of a deal. It never changed Justin at all. He's still the same person, only more mature because he's not a teenager anymore." Molly answered.

 

"Does it disgust you?"

 

"No."

 

"Do you have a problem with him marrying Brian at the end of May?" Melanie asked. Her eyes lit up.

 

"No way. I get to be a bridesmaid." Molly answered excitedly

 

"WHAT?" Craig yelled. The judge slammed his mallet down and pointed at Craig.

 

"I want no outbursts from you again Mr. Taylor. Your in no place." the judge warned. Molly shrank in her seat.

 

"Molly, will it make you uncomfortable at all, having Brian as your brother in law? Having him around for family holidays, and dinners, or just coming over to visit. Or, going to his house to visit with Justin? Does Brian make you uncomfortable at all?" Melanie asked. Molly just shook her head.

 

"Brian's really nice to me. He kinda acts like my older brother already, when he starts teasing me like Justin does. And he's funny. He's never made me feel awkward or anything." Molly answered.

 

"So is it safe to say, that you actually like spending time with Justin and Brian?"

 

"Yes." Molly answered. Brian squeezed Justin's shoulder.

 

"The girl has impeccable taste in men." Brian joked. It made Justin smile at least.

 

"What is like at your home, when it's just you and your mom?"

 

"It's calm. She always helps me with my homework. She makes sure that I'm doing my chores, and she let's my friends come over a lot." Molly said.

 

"So when Justin and Brian come over, what's it like?"

 

"It's still the same. A lot more laughing because Justin and Brian are kinda like a comedy act." Molly said. A couple people laughed.

 

"Do you feel like your mom shows more attention to your brother? Or that she loves him more then you?" Melanie asked. Molly rolled her eyes.

 

"My mom is like one of those perfect Stepford moms. She loves both of us the same. She had a lot more to deal with, with Justin, because my dad was so mean to him when he said he was gay. But now with all this going on, she's showed me more attention. She does what she has to. But she doesn't love him more then me, and she doesn't love me more then him." Molly said. Tucker leaned forward and handed Jennifer a tissue to wipe her eyes.

 

"And what about Tucker? How do you feel when he's at your house? Do you think your mom loves Tucker more then you? Or shows him more attention?" Mel asked. Molly smiled.

 

"My mom loves him. He takes care of her. If it were just my mom, and me and Justin weren't around, she would have already married him. She doesn't have to worry about Justin the way she worries about me, because I'm still a teenager. Her first priority is me. I come first. I come before Tucker. I know that, she knows that. Tucker knows that. And I'm not being selfish or mean when I say that. It's just common sense. My mom loves him, and if Tucker did any of those things that my dad accused him of, he would be dead because she would have killed him." Molly said seriously, causing eyes to widen all over the court room. Brian and Justin looked at each other, then over at Tucker. His smile was huge, but he was trying to cover it. "Tucker makes my mom happy. And she loves him a lot. And they're taking it slow, because of me. And Tucker's just cool. He's not trying to "be my dad" or tries that, "I just want to be your friend". He's just Tucker." Molly said. Melanie turned and smiled over at Craig, and then turned back to Molly. Brian noticed that Mel strategically placed herself in front of Craig, so she couldn't see him.

 

"Alright then Molly, I just have one more question for you...if you have a choice, who do you want to live with, and why?" she asked. Molly fidgeted. Justin knew that this was hard for her. Because she loved their father, and didn't want to hurt him. But Molly was stressed living with their father.

 

"I want to live with my mom. She's a great mom. I don't like who my dad is anymore. He's mean, he says such horrible things about my mom and Justin. It makes me cry, because I know who they are, and I love them. And even his wife Lori doesn't like him most of the time. He doesn't help her with the baby, and they fight all the time. And he always wake Lilly up. He's always drunk...I don't get to school on time with him, and he's broken my cell phone a few times...I love him but...I don't want to live with him anymore." Molly choked up and put her head down.

 

"I have no further questions your honor." Melanie said. She stood so Molly still didn't see her father, and she went to sit behind Jennifer. Daphne scooted over so Molly could sit next to Justin. He wrapped his arm around her and she rested her head on his shoulder. Having her admit that she didn't want to live with her father was what did Molly in, and for the first time, she cried during those two days. He kissed the top of her head.

 

"It's ok. You did great up there. Loads better then me." Justin told her. Brian had his arm around Justin's shoulder, but moved his hand so Molly could lay her head there, so he kept his hand on her shoulder.

 

"You did great sweetie." Debbie whispered from behind her. Daphne scooted next to her and rubbed her leg, and Tucker reached over and squeezed her hand.

 

"I've heard enough of these past two days. I don't need time to deliberate. First, in the matter of Craig Taylor suing Teresa Marrazzo for assault, I am denying that. I see it as self defense. I believe that you, Mr. Taylor, have a drinking and violence problem, and suggest anger management and A.A. Meetings." the judge said. Tucker leaned forward and put his hand on Jennifer's shoulder. Melanie held her hand.

 

"I wish I broke more then his fucking nose." Teresa whispered to Sawyer, who were sitting behind Brian this time. He turned his head and chuckled silently.

 

"As for custody for Molly Taylor. I believe it to be in the best interest of the child, to place her in the care of her mother. Jennifer Taylor will have sole custody of Molly Taylor." the judge said. Jennifer let out a sob and hugged Melanie.

 

"Damnit!" Craig said. The judge glared at him.

 

"I will however, give you a chance to redeem yourself Mr. Taylor. I will give you six months time to earn visitation rights back. You have six months to clean up your act. Work on your anger and drinking problem. And then maybe, if I feel you've changed, you may have earned visitation with your daughter. This case is dismissed." the judge said and stood up. Jennifer stood up and ran around to hug Molly.

 

"You did perfect Molly." Jennifer told her. Brian stood up, and stood behind Jennifer, blocking Molly's view from her father. "It's all over now." Jennifer told her daughter. She reached her arm out to Justin who hugged her from the other side. Brian couldn't help but smile at the scene. He promised Jennifer Taylor that she wouldn't lose custody of Molly. He only admitted to himself, that there were times that he was worried that he wasn't going to be able to keep that promise. He was glad that he didn't fail her. Both Justin and Molly pulled back. "Let's get the hell out of here." Jennifer said. They all had walked out of the courtroom, and they were getting into their cars.

 

"Ok since we won, can we please go to the Liberty Diner? I'm dying to see this place. You never let me go with you." Molly whined. Jennifer looked over at Justin who just laughed.

 

"Come on it's not going to hurt her mom. She's not a naïve little kid." Justin said, making Molly's eyes widen with excitement.

 

"Alright fine." Jennifer relented, making Molly jump up and down excitedly

 

"She looks just like Justin when she does that." Sawyer joked, opening the back door of Justin's SUV.

 

"THIS ISN'T OVER!" Craig yelled. He started stalking up to them. Sawyer slammed his door shut and stood next to Brian. Tucker lightly pushed both Jennifer and Molly back to the other side of the car, and walked forward, crossing his arms.

 

"Not this fucking idiot again." Debbie complained. She shook Justin's arm. "Just send Teresa to deal with him Sunshine" Debbie said. He walked over to stand next to Brian.

 

"This is over. Just get the hell out of here." Justin told him. His father walked straight up to them, trying to go towards Molly, but then four men stood in front of him, not letting him by. Ben, Michael, Emmett and Ted all came running up to stand near them. They knew from experience what Craig was like.

 

"Craig please just stop this. You're only making it worse for yourself" Jennifer pleaded.

 

"You stole my daughter away from me you stupid bitch!" Craig said. Tucker stood right in his face.

 

"Don't ever, let me hear you call her a bitch again." Tucker said dangerously, surprising the others.

 

"This doesn't concern you-"

 

"It most certainly concerns me. You made it my business by accusing me of practically molesting your daughter. So it is my concern. I'm telling you right now, to turn around and walk away, and don't ever come near those women again." Tucker warned him.

 

"I suggest you leave." Brian told him. Craig spun around to look at Brian.

 

"I don't have to do a damn thing you tell me to pal." Craig said.

 

"ENOUGH!" Justin yelled. He stood in between Brian and his father. "Hasn't this gone on long enough? Just stop it. Just go home. You lost. Just accept it and move on. Stop embarrassing yourself and try and get some help." Justin told him.

 

"You should have died in that parking garage." Craig seethed, making Justin widen his eyes. "Your a disgrace to this family. I'm glad you changed your name. I don't want some fucking faggot as my son!" Craig said. He went to hit him, but Sawyer got in the way, pushing Justin out of the way, and shoving Craig back a the same time.

 

"You turn around and walk away, or so help me God I'm going to kill you, right here, right now! Don't you ever call my son a fucking faggot ever again." Sawyer said, his face so close to Craig's.

 

"Oh. Your son now? I'm sorry, were you the one who he called dad all these years?" Craig asked.

 

"I would have been proud to have Justin call me that. But being called dad doesn't make you a father. In your case, it was a biological mistake." Sawyer told him. Justin bit his lip. Sawyer loved him. Sawyer loved Justin like a son. Craig's face turned red.

 

"You can fucking have the queer." Craig said, and looked over at Justin. "I hope you die from aids. Because that's how all fags die." Craig told him. The color drained from Justin's face. Brian tried to lunge at him, but everyone must have anticipated that Brian would want to attack Craig. Because Tucker, Michael, Ben, Ted and Emmett were able to grab him, surrounding him. Sawyer was the one to react. He pulled his arm back and punched Craig in the face.

 

"SAWYER STOP IT!" Teresa yelled, as she ran up behind him and tried to pull him back. Jennifer had ran up to stand in the middle of all of it.

 

"GET OUT OF HERE!" Jennifer yelled to Craig, tears streaming down her face.

 

"I'M GONNA FUCKING KILL HIM!" Brian yelled. He was always held back whenever he wanted to beat the shit out of Craig. Sawyer reached down and grabbed Craig, making him stand up. He shoved Craig backwards.

 

"You have one minute to get in your car and drive away before they let Brian go. If your still here when they do, he's going to beat you to death. So get the fuck out of here. And don't you ever come near my sons again. Do you understand me?" Sawyer demanded Craig never answered him, but her cowardly ran off. Sawyer stood in front of Brian, with Ted and Emmett in the middle, who were standing in front of Brian. "Let it go." Sawyer told him. Brian slowly stopped struggling.

 

"Justin." Jennifer said, going to hug him, but he just stepped away from her. He was staring off into space, not really focusing. They let Brian go and he walked over to Justin. He went to grab Justin but he side stepped him also.

 

"Molly wants to go to lunch at the Diner. So let's go." Justin said emotionlessly.

 

"Justin we don't have to go." Molly said. Justin shook his head.

 

"Let's go." Justin said as he got into the backseat, avoiding Brian. When Justin would sit in the backseat, he always sat behind the passenger, that way when Brian would turn he could see him. But he sat behind the drivers seat this time. He looked out the window and said nothing the whole ride over to the Diner. Brian didn't know if it was a good thing, or a bad thing that he wasn't crying.

 

I had a hard time with this chapter, because I was soooo stuck and I don't know how to write a chapter with law involved as much as I did...so I'm sorry if it sucks, I'm not a lawyer lol I hope I don't dissapoint!