Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

CHAPTER 23

 

Genevieve and Robert

 

Vance and Martha 53

 

Robert 31 and Ava- Callum 6 Brennen 4 Megan 2

 

Vance 30 and Cheyanne- Memphis 5 Ace 3 Delia 1

 

Annabella 28 and Denver- Tanner 3 Reese 2

 

Savannah 26 and Colby Bailey 2 pregnant

 

Bruno 25 engaged Lucy

 

Julia 23

 

Austin 22

 

Anthony and Rebecca 52

 

Nico 29 and Cecilia- Kances 4 Gavin 3 Gunner 2

 

Luca 27 and Charlene- Hayden 2 pregnant

 

Isabella 26 and Landon Josie 1

 

Jayden 23

 

Maggie 21 boyfriend Eric

 

Addison 19

 

Genevieve and Regan 51

 

Cassandra 26 and Chandler- Clementine 2 pregnant

 

Regan 24 engaged Daisy

 

Phoebe 22

 

Evan 21

 

Arizona 18

 

Ryan 17

 

Ricky and Melinda 49

 

Ricky 24 engaged Jamie

 

Georgia 22 engaged Miles

 

Jeremy 19

 

Olivia 17

 

Carlo 16

 

Annie 14

 

Teresa

 

Maria and Trevor 47

 

Alix 21

 

Caitlin 20

 

Matthew 17

 

Anastasia 15

 

Cooper 13

 

Ella 12

 

Robert and Elizabeth 46

 

Tommy 20

 

Alyssa 19

 

Aurora 17

 

Ryder 16

 

Kevin 13

 

Toby 12

 

Angela and Brody 44

 

Nick 16

 

Paige 13

 

Penny 12

 

Charlie 10

 

Brooke 9

 

Seth 8

 

DON'T GET SCARED BY THIS! They don't talk to everyone. I try to keep the same people talking as much as I can, and randomly throw in new names...trust me, once you keep reading, you'll be able to follow, and it isn't necessary to remember who belongs to who. When you need to know, I'll mention it!

 

CHAPTER 23

 

"GRANDMA!" Gus screamed when he got out of the SUV, and went running for Teresa. She put a tray down on the picnic table and met him half way, spinning him around in her arms.

 

"I love when he does that." Justin said as he wrapped his arm around Brian's arm. Brian smiled at him. Teresa was off in her own little world as she talked to Gus. Brian understood that feeling. It was how he felt when he was with Gus. Brian was suddenly very glad that Justin had found his real family. He would hate for Gus to miss out on having a real family like this. Lindsay's parents weren't close to him. They wanted Lindsay to be straight, and didn't accept Gus very well. They tried every once in a while, but going in and out of Gus' life wasn't fair to him. Brian's biological family accepted him, and loved him. Not just Gus, but him and Justin. It felt good.

 

"Are you ready to meet some of your family Gus? I have some of your little cousins here. Lots and lots of cousins, and lots and lots of aunties and uncles. Are you ready for this?" Teresa asked. Gus jumped up and down. She laughed and picked him up. "Angela and Brody's kids are here. They're the biggest heathens you'll ever meet." Teresa joked. They followed Teresa further into the backyard, where most of Brian's aunts and uncles had already arrived. "Alright kids. Listen up!" Teresa said. All the kids stopped and looked at Teresa. "This is my precious little grandson Gus. And my son Brian, and his fiance Justin." Teresa said. Brian's cousins, Robert, Vance and Nico, each walked forward with a couple of kids, and bent down. Teresa put Gus on his feet and bent down with them.

 

"Hey there Gus. I'm your daddies cousin Robert." he said. Gus waved. "These are two of my little boys. Callum and Brennan. Callum's 6 years old and Brennan's 4." Robert said.

 

"I'm 5." Gus said.

 

"That's how old I am!" the little boy that Vance was next to said. He laughed.

 

"This is-." Vance said, but Gus screamed.

 

"MEMPHIS!" Gus screamed. He ran over and hugged Memphis, and then turned to Brian. "Daddy, Memphis is in my class. My cousin is in my class!" Gus said excidedly.

 

"Oh my God. Gus is Lindsay's son? I didn't know this was the same Lindsay." Cheyanne, Vance's wife said.

 

"That is crazy." Justin said, chuckling.

 

"Well Gus' teacher is Lucy, that's Bruno's fiance." Cheyanne said. Bruno is Vance's son.

 

"I think that's amazing. Like it was meant to be." Justin laughed. "I can't wait to tell Mel and Linds." Justin said. The little girl next to Nico was yanking on his hand and he laughed.

 

"Ok ok. Well this is Kances. She's 4 years old." Nico said. Gus smiled, and Brian bent down to Gus' other side.

 

"Look at all these cousins you have that are all your age Gus. Are you excited to meet them?" Brian asked. Gus nodded his head. "You want to go play with them?" Brian asked. He nodded, and all of a sudden all of the little kids went running off to play on the swing set. All the adults stood back up and watched them for a minute.

 

"We'll have to get the kids together a lot. All the little kids love to be together for sleepovers and everything." Robert's wife, Ava said. Brian smiled and nodded as he watched Gus. He was already just one of the kids. He was going to be able to do something that he was robbed of. He didn't grow up with his cousins, but Gus was going to be able to.

 

"So which of all these other kids belongs to who?" Justin joked.

 

"Well Robert and Ava have Callum, Brennan and Megan who's 2. Vance and Cheyanne have Memphis, Ace who's 3 and Delia who's 1. Annabella and Denver have Tanner who's 3 and Reese who's 2. And Savannah and Colby have Bailey's who's 2. And she's pregnant. And they're all Vance and Martha's kids." Teresa explained. Justin nodded and Brian just scrubbed his face. A couple of the cousins laughed at his face.

 

"Sweetie trust us. It's confusing now, but you'll eventually get it." Annabella said.

 

"You will. Ok so Nico and Cecilia have Kances, Gavin who's 3 and Gunner who's 2. Then Luca and Charlene have Hayden, and she's 2. And Charlene is pregnant to. And Isabella and Landon have Josie. She just turned 1. And those are Anthony and Rebecca's kids." Teresa said.

 

"Do you still have that cheat sheet?" Justin joked. Teresa nodded.

 

"Ok Cassie and Chandler have Clementine. She's 2, and Cassie is pregnant. That's Gen and Regan's daughter. And actually they have Ryan here. He's only 17. He's..." Teresa trailed off looking for him. "He's pushing Clementine in the swing." Teresa said. They turned around when they heard some car doors shut. "Oh perfect timing. Ricky and Melinda are here. They're three youngest are here." Teresa said. The five of them walked over, gave their hugs and said hello. "Alright you three. You remember Justin?" Teresa asked. The youngest girl nodded her head.

 

"Annie right?" Justin asked. She nodded her head.

 

"This is Olivia. She's 17. Annie is 14, and this is Carlo. He's 16. Guys, this is my son Brian, and his fiance Justin." Teresa said. Justin always smiled when she introduced them. She was on cloud 9 every time she introduced them.

 

"So your the gay kid." Brian said and held out his hand to Carlo. Carlo chuckled and shook his hand. Justin had to chuckle along with them. He looked like Justin did when he was a teenager. Not sure of who he was. What kind of homosexual he wanted to be.

 

"Yeah. It's about fucking time we had another queer in the family besides me." Carlo said. Brian and Justin laughed, while Melinda smacked his head.

 

"Yep that's my boy." Ricky chuckled and scrubbed his face.

 

"Well we both know what it's like. Coming out in high school. So if you ever need anything. Or just want to talk..." Justin trailed off.

 

"I'll get back to you." Carlo said, and smiled. Teresa kissed his cheek, and then pinched it.

 

"Any boyfriends yet?" Teresa asked. Carlo actually blushed.

 

"They're aren't any gay kids in my school." Carlo said.

 

"No. There are other gay kids. But they're not able to come out of the closet. Trust me though. There are gay kids at your school." Justin said.

 

"Alright move it Ricky. I want Brian and Justin to meet some of my kids." Maria said as she walked up, pushing her brother Ricky aside. He laughed, and he and Melinda with the three kids, walked away. Maria hugged both the boys. "Alright kids. This is Brian and Justin. My two oldest girls should be here shortly. But these are my four that I still have at home. Matt, Anastasia, Cooper and Ella." Maria said. Matt was 17, Anastasia was 15, Cooper was 13 and Ella was 12.

 

"You don't look like your gay." Ella said. Justin chuckled.

 

"In the last week I've had all these teenagers tell me I don't look, talk, walk or dress like I'm gay." Brian grumbled. Justin laughed.

 

"There's not set way for a gay guy to be. It's whatever you feel comfortable with. You have to be your own person." Justin told them. Brian wrapped his arm around his shoulders.

 

"Sunshine here is our own personal Public Service Announcement" Brian joked. They had been introduced to Brian's uncle Robert's kids that were there. Aurora, Ryder, Kevin and Toby. Then Angela brought her kids over. They were loud and obnoxious, not listening to Angela whatsoever. Justin instantly liked them. Angela was the only one that had all her kids still at home. Her oldest was only 16. Nick, Paige, Penny, Charlie, Brooke and Seth. They instantly gave Brian and Justin a hard time about being gay. Asking them questions like, how do they have Gus? Who's the mom and who's the dad. Justin knew they were only asking silly questions to get under Brian's skin. Justin could tell they knew the answers to the questions they were asking, but liked seeing Brian get red in the face.

 

"Alright that's it get away from my sons you animals. Go bother your other cousins." Teresa told them, pushing them away. They laughed and all scattered. Brian looked at Angela.

 

"Why am I not surprised all six of your kids act like they were raised in a barn?" Brian asked.

 

"Listen don't fuck with me. I have your address. I'm gonna start dropping them off at your house. Bonding time with their new cousin." Angela threatened. Brian looked at Justin.

 

"So we're building a wall around the property with a security guard up front." he told Justin, then turned back to Angela. "We'll give him your picture to make sure you never get passed the front gates." Brian told her. Teresa just laughed, and Angela turned to her sister.

 

"Your sons a fucking shit head." Angela said, and turned back to Brian. "Like I said kid. I think you and I are going to be great friends." Angela said, leaning forward to slap his cheek, making them chuckle.

 

"There are more of my nephews." Teresa said as three more young guys walked up and kissed Teresa and Angela.

 

"Alright this is Evan, Gen's son. Jeremy is Ricky's son and Tommy is Robert's son. They're all in college. Boys, these are my boys. Brian and Justin." Teresa said proudly. They all shook hands, but Jeremy was looking at them strangely.

 

"Have I met you both before?" Jeremy asked. Brian and Justin looked at each other, then back at him.

 

"I don't know." Justin said.

 

"I'm surprised you can even remember meeting anyone. He's finishing up his second year in college and has spent the past two years drunk off his ass." Evan said. Jeremy hit him.

 

"You guys live in Pittsburg right?" Jeremy asked. Both Brian and Justin nodded.

 

"Probably seen them in your drunken haze." Tommy joked. Jeremy rolled his eyes.

 

"No I really do know you guys. Do you go to bars or nightclubs?" Jeremy asked.

 

"Well not lately. We used to hit the nightlife really hard." Justin joked.

 

"We only go to the gay bars." Brian said. Justin chuckled.

 

"Hetero's get really uncomfortable when two guys are holding hands or making out." Justin joked, gaging their reactions. The three young men didn't seem bothered by it.

 

"Didn't your friend take you to Babylon when you first turned 18?" Evan asked. Jeremy snapped his fingers.

 

"Oh my God that's where I know you two from. I met you both in the Backroom..." Jeremy trailed off. Brian and Justin's eyes widened.

 

"Oh shit." Justin whispered. If he met Brian and Justin in the Backroom, that meant... Teresa gasped and hit him.

 

"That's not funny you little asshole." Teresa said. All three guys started laughing and Teresa and Angela started hitting them. "You fucking asshole." Teresa said.

 

"You're joking right?" Justin asked. Jeremy laughed.

 

"Oh shit you should have seen your faces." Jeremy laughed.

 

"Brian thought he fucked his little cousin." Evan laughed out. The three high fived each other.

 

"I couldn't have done that with a straight face." Tommy laughed.

 

"Oh Jesus." Justin said covering his face.

 

"How do you even know what the fucking Backroom is?" Teresa asked.

 

"I'm not retarded ya know. I have a few gay friends. I've heard of Babylon. I've never been in there myself. But I know what it is." Jeremy laughed.

 

"I will fucking get you back." Brian gulped. He almost peed his pants. Just the thought that he had family wandering around Pittsburgh, and he could have ran into them and...he couldn't even finish the thought. Jeremy stuck his hand out.

 

"We don't care if you're gay." Jeremy said simply. Brian nodded his head and shook Jeremy's hand. "So you own a bunch of gay bars and nightclubs right?" he asked.

 

"Yeah." Brian said carefully.

 

"So does that mean now that we can get in and get the family discount on the drinks?" Jeremy asked. Teresa and Angela hit him. Justin laughed, and Brian crossed his arms.

 

"If you want to hang out with a bunch of queers then your more then welcome to come in for free." Brian said. The three boys high fived each other. "But if you're under 21 you're not getting any free drinks from my businesses. Even if you are family." Brian said. Both Jeremy and Tommy's smiles fell.

 

"Oh well. Free booze for me. Welcome to the family." Evan said, smacking him on the shoulder.

 

"Go away all three of you." Teresa said and shoved them. "Oh my God I'm so sorry." Teresa said, covering her face. But Justin just laughed.

 

"That was pretty funny." Justin said. They looked towards the driveway when they heard a bunch of car door shuts. Jennifer, Molly, Tucker, Debbie, Carl, Michael, Ben, Hunter, Melanie, Lindsay and J.R. all arrived together.

 

"Oh you're mom was able to make it. I'm so glad. Is that your sister and your moms boyfriend?" Teresa asked. Justin nodded. He cringed a little when he saw Tucker kiss his mother. Brian caught it and chuckled. So did Teresa and Angela. "How old is he?" she asked.

 

"A few years older then me." Justin struggled to say. Teresa kissed his cheek.

 

"Now weren't you 17 years old when you started dating a 30 year old?" Teresa asked. For the first time, Justin glared at her, and Teresa and Angela laughed.

 

"Excuse me. I was 29." Brian said, offended. Teresa slapped his arm.

 

"Give your mom some slack. After that asshole she lived with for so many years...age is just a number. If he treats your mother right, respects her, takes care of her, what more can you ask for sweetie?" Teresa asked. Justin rolled his eyes in defeat and Brian laughed, wrapping his arm around Justin's shoulder, pulling him closer.

 

"HI GUYS!" Debbie called as they got closer. Teresa ran over to Michael who was holding J.R.

 

"Oh let me see this little princess." Teresa said. Michael laughed and held her out for Teresa. "Oh I just love her." Teresa said, kissing her cheek, and then kissed Michael's. "I'm so glad you all could make it. Come on over and we'll introduce you. There's still some of my nieces and nephews who aren't here yet." Teresa said, calling everyone over. "Alright. So these two lovely ladies right here, are Gus' moms. Melanie and Lindsay" Teresa introduced them. "And this precious little girl is J.R. their other baby. And her daddies are Michael and Ben. And Michael is Brian's best man. And then their son Hunter. And Michael's mom Debbie, and her honey Carl. And then we have Justin's mom Jennifer, Justin's sister Molly, and Jennifer's extremely cute boyfriend Tucker." Teresa called out. Everyone made their way around, saying hello. Justin pulled Molly and Lindsay aside, and motioned for Brian to come over. He rolled his eyes and walked up the front porch.

 

"Seriously Sunshine. Can't you just ask them yourself?" Brian groaned.

 

"Ask us what?" Lindsay asked. Justin bounced a little as he smiled. He looked at Molly.

 

"How would you like to be a bridesmaid?" Justin asked. Her eyes widened.

 

"Really? I didn't think you were having bridesmaids" Molly said.

 

"Well I changed my mind. Do you want to?" Justin asked. She clapped her hands and jumped into his arms.

 

"Oh my God heck yes. This is so exciting." Molly said. Justin just laughed and hugged her.

 

"Well I think that's perfect." Lindsay said. She was looking at Brian, wondering why she was here. Molly stood back, and Justin elbowed Brian in the arm. He rolled his eyes.

 

"Do you want to be a fucking groomsmen? Or a fucking groomslesbian." Brian grumbled. Lindsay huffed, and Molly giggled. Justin shoved him.

 

"God you ruin everything." Justin grumbled. He turned back to Lindsay. "Would you be one of our bridesmaids to?" Justin asked. Lindsay looked at Brian and then covered her mouth. Brian just rolled his eyes.

 

"Really?" she asked. Justin nodded his head. "I'd love to." Lindsay said, and hugged Justin. Then she pulled back and hugged Brian.

 

"So wait. Which side are we standing on?" Molly asked. Lindsay laughed and pulled away from Brian.

 

"Thank you for asking me." Lindsay whispered to him. Brian just nodded his head.

 

"We'll you'll stand next to Daphne on my my side. And Lindsay will stand next to Michael on Brian's side." Justin said. Molly started laughing and pointing at Brian.

 

"You are so gay. Queen Brian is gonna have a bridesmaid on his side." Molly laughed. Justin hit her arm and Brian stood up.

 

"Fucking forget it. Lindsay's out." Brian grumbled and walked away.

 

"Brian!" Lindsay called back, trying not to laugh.

 

"So wait are me and Lindsay going to be matched up?" Molly asked. Justin turned back to his little sister and tried not to laugh. He nodded his head. "Oh that is so cool. My friends are gonna get a kick out of this." Molly said, and looked up to Lindsay. "Well your going to have to escort me down the isle." Molly said. Justin burst out laughing.

 

"And why can't I get escorted down the isle?" Lindsay asked.

 

"Well, your technically on the husbands side." Molly said. Justin slapped her arm and she giggled. "And your a lesbian. And your taller then me." Molly said. Justin just covered his face.

 

"I'm starting to see why Brian didn't like this idea." Justin said. He walked back around the house, where some of the boys were playing basketball. They had even asked Hunter to join.

 

"You want in Justin?" Evan asked.

 

"Yeah I don't do sports. I watch." Justin said, standing there crossing his arms. Hunter snorted.

 

"Yeah watch the guys asses." Hunter joked. Justin flicked him off, and Jeremy turned around.

 

"How does my ass look in these jeans?" Jeremy asked. They laughed and Evan threw the ball at him. He ducked and it hit Hunter right in the face. He screamed and covered his nose, which Justin realized instantly started bleeding.

 

"Dude I'm so sorry-" Evan tried to say, but Hunter jumped backwards, covering his face with his shirt.

 

"Oh honey what happened." Brian's grandmother said as she ran over with a towel in her hand. Hunter jumped back again.

 

"DON'T TOUCH ME!" He freaked out. Everyone stopped. Justin stepped forward.

 

"He's ok. One of you go get Ben and Michael." Justin said. He took the towel from Genevieve and handed it to Hunter. He just stared at Justin. "I'm fine. Just take it." Justin said. He helped Hunter place the towel on his face, when Ben and Michael came running up.

 

"What happened?" Michael asked, starting to freak out.

 

"I'm sorry I hit him with the ball." Evan said.

 

"He's fine. Just go get the first aid kit out of the van Michael." Ben said. Michael nodded and ran down the driveway.

 

"We have first aid kits in the house." Tommy said. Justin just looked between Ben and Tommy. Ben held the towel to Hunter's face.

 

"I don't think it's that bad Hunter." Ben said. Michael came running back with the first aid kit and another towel. Ben looked at Genevieve. "Is it ok if we use your bathroom?" Ben asked.

 

"Of course." Genevieve said. Ben and Michael helped Hunter into the house. Teresa came running up with Brian.

 

"What just happened?" Teresa asked. She looked at her mom. "Are you ok?" Teresa asked. Genevieve just looked at Justin. How could he just tell them that Hunter was positive. That wasn't his business to share. But the look on Genevieve's face made him feel terrible.

 

"Don't take that personal...Hunter's...he's HIV Positive." Justin whispered. There faces were stunned.

 

"Jeremy go get your sister." Genevieve said. He nodded and ran off. "Georgia just got here a few minutes ago. She's in school to be a nurse. She can go check on Hunter. You boys go get the bleach out and just make sure the path they walked is clean." Genevieve said calmly. Evan, Tommy, Ryan and Ricky all nodded and walked into the house. Justin looked back at her. "We have a family friend. Her boyfriend was...unfaithful to her. He gave her HIV." Genevieve said. Justin nodded. "She fell in the house one time, and was bleeding. We were all calm. We were aware of the fact that she was bleeding. But she was mortified that she could have gotten us sick. So we learned what to do, in case of another accident." Genevieve said. Justin let out a deep breath, and Brian went over and wrapped his arm around his shoulder.

 

"They'll be really good about cleaning up, making sure everything's ok." Teresa said. Jeremy came up with Georgia.

 

"What's up nana?" Georgia asked.

 

"Your cousins best friends son got hit in the face with the basketball. He has HIV." Genevieve said. She looked over at Brian and Justin.

 

"Is he ok?" Georgia asked.

 

"He's had a hard time in the past...he got hurt at school and some parents shouted it out. That's why he freaked out so bad." Justin said. Georgia looked over at her grandmother again.

 

"Go inside and see if you can lend a hand." Genevieve said. She nodded, and turned back to Brian and Justin.

 

"I'm Georgia by the way." she said. Justin chuckled sadly.

 

"I'm Justin."

 

"Brian."

 

"Your son is the cutest little guy." Georgia said as she walked away.

 

"I'm really sorry." Justin said. Genevieve and Teresa stared at him.

 

"Why are you sorry? There's nothing to apologize for. Jeremy. Go upstairs and find a different sweatshirt for Hunter to wear. And just incase, go find a shirt and some jeans." Genevieve said. He nodded and left. "We have tons of clothes in the drawers upstairs for things like this. Now don't worry so much. It doesn't change how we feel about you, or your family. They're still welcome here. Nothing's changed." she said. She smiled at Teresa and they walked away, leaving Justin and Brian alone.

 

"You know, they surprise me at every single turn." Justin said. Brian snorted.

 

"No shit." Brian said. They walked into the house, and a few of the boys were spraying bleach on the floor.

 

"There's only a couple of drops. It's really not a big deal. He doesn't have to be so upset. We don't care." Evan whispered to them as they walked in. Brian nodded and he and Justin walked down the hall, where Michael was standing outside the bathroom, looking in. They could hear Hunter crying.

 

"I'm sorry." Hunter said. Brian and Justin peeked in, and saw Hunter sitting on the toilet, Ben standing in front of him, and Georgia sitting on the bathtub, cleaning up Hunter's face. She was smiling.

 

"Why are you sorry? Because my cousins have bad aim and hit you in the face? You should sue there stupid asses." George said.

 

"You guys really aren't mad?" Hunter asked. She chuckled and shook her head, not taking her eyes of his face.

 

"No. No one cares. I'm sorry you've had such a hard time in the past. I can't imagine what that's like. No one treats a kid with cancer badly. Why are you gonna treat a kid with HIV badly. It's the same thing. Just a different disease. We have a family friend you has HIV. It's the most horrible thing to know people treat her like she's going to kill them. Your blood isn't going to kill me. First of all I have gloves on." Georgia said, showing her gloves. "Second, I would have to have a cut or something, and have your blood mix in with mine. Seeing as how I don't plan on slitting my wrists today, your not going to infect me. It's contagious, but it's not like a cold. Me sitting here cleaning you up won't infect me. People are very ignorant. And honestly stupid people who treat HIV with distain and ignorance should be shot on sight." she grumbled. It made Hunter laugh. She smiled at him. "You have a really sweet smile, and should show it off more." she said. She started putting cream on the cut on his face. "We're all a really close family. And we've been excited for my auntie Teresa to find her son. Brian comes with a whole little family of his own. That kinda makes you our family to. So your kinda stuck with us." Georgia said, throwing tissues away. "And we don't care how you come. Positive or not." Georgia said. He chuckled and she patted his arm.

 

"I'm um...I'm positive to." Ben said. Georgia looked up at him. She took a deep breath, and looked back and forth between the two.

 

"I'm sorry to hear that...but you can't get out of family functions at our house just because you have HIV." Georgia joked. She kissed Hunter's cheek. "Don't worry about us. Your safe here. Amongst family now." Georgia said.

 

"Thank you." Michael said. She looked up and smiled, and then startled when she saw Brian and Justin standing there to.

 

"I have some clothes for him to change into." Jeremy said. Justin thanked him and took the clothes, handing them to Michael.

 

"You sure your ok buddy?" Michael said. Hunter nodded.

 

"If you'll excuse me." Georgia said, taking of the gloves and walking out of the bathroom. She went into the kitchen to wash her hands, and Brian followed her.

 

"Thank you." Brian said. She looked up and smiled.

 

"You don't have to thank me. I just feel bad for him. If something like that happens, he should be cautious. It's only out of respect for someone's life. But he shouldn't be afraid of us. That's just a terrible thing to feel." Georgia said. Brian nodded. "Our parents raised us better then that. Raised us to not be judgmental of anyone. No matter what the reason. Because of their religion, they're race...they're sexual preference" Georgia joked, smiling at him. "Especially because they're sick. It's ignorant people like those parents at the pool who shouted out that he has HIV, and got Hunter's whole school freaked out that I just hate." Georgia said. Brian tilted his head.

 

"How did you know that happened?" Brian asked. She smiled again.

 

"I recognized him. My sister Olivia, she's a senior in high school. She swims. And she was swimming against Hunter's school that day he got hurt in the pool. I was there that day watching her swim, and I saw how cruel people were to him." Georgia said. Brian just nodded his head. "He doesn't have to feel like that here. We don't care." Georgia said, smiled and walked away.

 

"Are you two ok?" Justin asked Michael and Ben as they waited for Hunter to change.

 

"Yeah I'm just shaken up." Michael said.

 

"Did anything get on either of you?" Justin asked. They both looked down.

 

"No we're fine. I just was concerned for him. I don't want what happened at his school to happen again." Ben said. Justin nodded.

 

"They knew exactly what to do. They have a family friend that's positive. Brian's grandmother went right into action. They're really great." Justin said.

 

"Good to know that there are some good people still out there." Ben said, hugging Michael.

 

"And who would have thought they would share my blood." Brian said sarcastically as he came back. Justin chuckled as Hunter came out. He had a bandaid on his face.

 

"You alright pal?" Ben asked. Hunter nodded.

 

"Are you sure we don't have to go?" Hunter asked Michael.

 

"No really. They didn't make a big deal out of this. They're really fine." Justin said.

 

"They don't give a shit that either of you have HIV." Brian said abruptly. The four men stared at Brian. "They don't care if we're gay, and they don't care if your positive. So get your asses back out there and stop screaming like a little girl or I'll start to think you really are gay." Brian said, pushing Hunter as he walked by him. Hunter chuckled at him. Justin followed Brian outside. Brian went and stood, watching Gus play with his cousins.

 

"I love your family the more I spend time with them. They're really all amazing." Justin said, standing next to him. Brian smiled. Teresa came running up to them.

 

"Oh poor Hunter. You know he just apologized to my mother. That poor kid. He's such a sweetheart." Teresa said. Brian snorted and turned around.

 

"You wouldn't think so when we first met him. He hated Sunshine here." Brian joked, pulling Justin close him. Justin laughed.

 

"Seriously? How could anyone hate Justin?" Teresa asked. Justin laughed.

 

"Oh he was jealous of Sunshine. See Hunter thought he had dibs on me. Didn't like that Sunshine always got in the way." Brian joked, making Justin laugh.

 

"Everything ok?" Anthony asked as he walked up with his wife.

 

"Yeah they're fine." Teresa said, referring to Hunter.

 

"Why is it whenever we get together, there's always some type of drama?" Brian asked. Justin and Teresa just laughed.

 

"Woah uncle Anthony. Maggie looks fucking pissed." Evan said. Anthony turned around to a young blonde girl stomping over to them.

 

"Where have you been? I've been calling you for two hours. Where's your sister?" Anthony's wife, Rebecca asked.

 

"What the fuck is the matter with you?" Anthony asked. Her face was red with anger.

 

"Give me the fucking key to papa's shot gun. I'm taking his gun and shooting HIM!" she yelled.

 

"Maggie what's wrong?" Teresa asked. Some of the other family members heard her yell, and slowly started making her way over. The guy who was driving the car caught up to her and stood behind her.

 

"Eric I thought you had to work tonight." Rebecca said.

 

"This is my niece Maggie, and her boyfriend Eric." Teresa said. Maggie looked over at Brian and Justin.

 

"Is this them?" Maggie asked.

 

"This is my son Brian, and my future son in law Justin." Teresa said proudly. Maggie flung her arms up in the air.

 

"THEY ARE NOT WHAT I WANTED!" Maggie cried, and really started to bawl. Everyone just stared at her. "He proposed to Addison. I know he did. She tried to hide the fucking ring. But I saw it. He's a complete doosh bag. Give me the key to his shot gun. I'm gonna go over there and fucking shoot him!" Maggie cried.

 

"What the hell are you freaking out about?" Luca asked as he ran up.

 

"Wait he proposed to Addy?" Anthony asked. Luca whipped his head over to his dad.

 

"That loser proposed to her? No way. She can't be serious" Luca said. He turned around. "NICO. GET THE FUCK OVER HERE!" Luca called. He turned back around. "Where's Papa's key to his shotgun. I'll fucking shoot him." Luca said as Nico came running up.

 

"You haven't even heard the worst part of it all." Eric said.

 

"Ok just calm down and tell us what happened." Rebecca said. Brian and Justin just looked at each other, having no idea what was happening.

 

"I walked into the apartment to pick Addy up to come over here. I put my purse down and that had my keys, my wallet and my phone in there. She was trying to hide the ring from me. And I did like you and daddy said, I didn't say anything mean about him. So Addy asks that doosh bag if he's ready to go. I don't even want him to go, but she does, and he starts complaining about our family." Maggie cried.

 

"What the fuck was that loser saying about us?" Nico demanded.

 

"That's besides the point. So what happened?" Teresa asked.

 

"So he's saying he's not going, and Addy starts crying her whole thing, I want everyone to love you like I do. You have to come blah blah blah. She said that she's not going if he's not going. Which pisses me off because I could have already been over here with all the time they've wasted fighting. I tell her she has to go because it's family. So his dumbass asks why it's such a big deal. Why she can't just stay home. Because who gives a fuck about another birthday party and some stupid shit like that. So I tell him that we're meeting our cousin for the first time. And his fiance, who just happens to be a guy, and that's when he fucking flipped. He starts yelling that he's not coming out to meet some fucking faggots." Maggie cried.

 

"Has he looked in a mirror?" Isabella asked. Rebecca shushed her.

 

"He's like really freaking out. I tell her that we have to go, and then he finally grew a ball, and tried to go up against me. Like he could really even go up against me. But he starts saying that I'm always trying to come between them. That I'm dumb little rich bitch. That the only reason I'm in college is because daddy paid my way in. And that I live in this free apartment because my dad pays for it. Well. That's it. I'm fucking done. So I let him have it. I start yelling at him, really screaming at him, and he grabs me and shoves me out of the door and locks it. He locked me out of my own fucking apartment." Maggie cried.

 

"Papa can we have your shot gun now." Nico demanded.

 

"No one's taking my gun anywhere." Brian's grandfather said.

 

"That fucking low life. He has no idea what he's talking about. I made straight A's all through high school. I worked the whole time, saving up money because I wanted my own apartment when I got out of high school. I'm the one who got a fucking scholarship. It takes care of 50 fucking percent of my college education. I still make straight A's. And I work. I earned my fucking apartment, and I work for all the stuff that I have. My parents don't just give me or any of us anything if we didn't deserve it. I'm the one who's studying to be a fucking Principal. Do you know how much money they make? And I'm gonna be able to buy my own house, my own car, and pay for my children's college educations, and if I want to, I can buy them all fucking apartments and pay for it while they're in college because I CAN FUCKING DO WHATEVER THE HELL I WANT WITH MY MONEY!" Maggie screamed.

 

"Someone go get her a drink." Angela said.

 

"He mooches off of her all the time. I don't buy food for me and Addy to have him eat it all. He used all my shampoo and the toilet paper. And ate my left overs. He uses my water, my electricity. And he calls me a rich bitch. I'm going to fucking kill him." Maggie cried. Luca pulled her to his chest as she cried.

 

"So did you get your purse back?" Rebecca asked. Maggie pulled away from Luca.

 

"No I didn't. I walked two freaken miles to Eric's work and had him drive me over here." Maggie cried.

 

"I'm ready to fucking go back and kick his ass." Eric gritted through his teeth.

 

"No one's going anywhere." Brian's grandmother said. One of the little kids handed Maggie a beer.

 

"Can I ask a question?" Brian suddenly asked. Justin could only imagine what Brian had to say.

 

"What?" Maggie asked.

 

"Why are we not what you wanted?" Brian asked, pointing to him and Justin. She took a deep breath.

 

"He called you fucking faggots. I wanted you guys to be some crazy Drag Queens. Instead I get these two guys who I wouldn't know you were gay if I first looked at you. What kind of gay guys are you?" Maggie demanded.

 

"Oh Jesus." Justin said, covering his face. Brian smiled.

 

"I'm the kind of gay guy that fucks men." Brian said. It was dead silence for a moment, and then everyone burst out laughing. Justin was mortified. But he was super glad that his family thought that was funny. It wasn't a big deal when he said that exact comment in Woody's all those years ago.

 

"I'll need the extra key to get back into my apartment. And all the guys in the family to kick his ass." Maggie said.

 

"Oh don't worry. We're all going over to fucking cut his nuts off." Luca said.

 

"You're not doing a damn thing. You'll let your father and grandfather handle that boy. And that goes for every single one of you." Brian's grandmother said. Maggie chugged her beer.

 

"I need more alcohol." Maggie said and walked away. Brian smiled at Teresa and she rolled her eyes.

 

"You're not the only one with drama. Aren't you so glad you got to experience that?" Teresa asked. Brian chuckled.

 

"There's so much fucking more where that came from honey." Angela said. Brian leaned back against the picnic table, and yanked Justin over to stand in front of him, and wrapped his arms around his shoulder so he could lean forward on Justin's shoulders. Justin loved when he did things like that. He knew Brian was feeling comfortable if he was doing these things. Touching Justin was never a big deal when they we're around the gang. But now, with his family, they were still being careful about what they did with each other. They didn't talk about the fact that they were a bit reserved with their affection. But it was how they had been acting towards each other. But holding Justin like this was something Brian always did. Justin leaned back into him and held Brian's arms that were around his neck. Brian kissed his cheek.

 

"I want a picture of you two. And don't fucking tell me no." Teresa said and she grabbed her phone. She held it out, and then glared at Brian. "Open your fucking eyes and smile." Teresa demanded. Justin had been watching another car pull up, and one of the girls get out of the passenger side and walk over the drivers side. It looked like she was upset, and she opened the door. She was arguing with whoever was in the drivers seat. The air caught into his lungs as the driver got out and started walking over with the girl. "Come on Justin smile." Teresa said. Brian gave Teresa a weird look and then looked over at Justin.

 

"Justin." Brian said. He felt Justin tense up.

 

"What's the matter?" Teresa asked. Brian moved so he was standing next to him. Justin just stared as some of the cousins instantly jumped around Addison and her boyfriend. He knew it was Addison. Justin gulped. Brian shook his shoulders.

 

"Justin what the fuck is wrong with you?" Brian asked. Justin just stared at them. Brian turned around, and narrowed his eyes. "What the fuck is he doing here?" Brian ground out. Teresa turned around. She huffed.

 

"That's Addie's shit face boyfriend." Teresa said. Teresa didn't know what happened, because one second Brian was standing there, the next, he was running across the backyard. "BRIAN STOP!" Teresa screamed. Justin watched in slow motion as Brian sped across the grass, through a few of his cousins, brought his hand back and punched Chris Hobbs in the face.

 

"STOP IT!" Addison yelled. Everyone went running towards Brian. Everyone was to stunned to stop Brian. Chris had fallen, and Brian had jumped on top of him, punching him over and over.

 

"STOP IT BRIAN!" Teresa said as she ran over, trying to pull him off. Michael was the first to reach him, as he, Ben, and Brian's grandfather Robert yanked Brian off of Chris. Vance and Anthony each got in front of Brian so he couldn't get away.

 

"LET ME GO! I'VE WAITED FIVE FUCKING YEARS TO BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF HIM!" Brian screamed, trying to get away from the five men holding him.

 

"Brain stop it. He isn't worth it." Michael said.

 

"Brian please stop it. Don't do this." Lindsay cried. Addison leaned down to help pick Chris up.

 

"How could you do that?" Addison cried as she held his face.

 

"Tell them you fucking piece of shit. Tell them why I came after you. TELL THEM!" Brian screamed.

 

"Rot in hell." Chris yelled. Brian jumped trying to get away. A couple of the cousins stepped forward towards Chris, but Teresa held up her hands.

 

"STOP IT!" She yelled at all her nephews.

 

"Did you ever tell her what you did? You ever tell why you lost your fucking football scholarship. Did you ever tell her why you only went to community college for a few months? HUH? YOU EVER TELL HER WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO YOUR GOD DAMMED KNEE!" Brian screamed. Daphne had come out of no where and wrapped her arm around Justin. He just stared at her.

 

"I just got here." she whispered. And just stared at the scene before her. She was stunned.

 

"Why don't you tell them Hobbs. I was the one who cracked your fucking knee cap in with A FUCKING BAT!" Brian screamed. Everyone was quiet as they just stared between Brian and Chris. "Did you ever tell your girlfriend why I did that? Huh? What you did on your prom night? TELL THEM YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT!" Brian screamed

 

"FUCK YOU!" Chris screamed.

 

"He followed Justin into a parking garage. He took a bat and bashed HIS FUCKING HEAD IN. HE TRIED TO KILL JUSTIN!" Brian screamed. There were gasps through all of the family as they watched Brian struggle to get away. Brian had waited years to scream at Hobbs. To punch him. To hurt him. Justin had never heard Brian react. He knew that Brian was traumatized. But he never admitted it. His feelings cracked through sometimes. Like wearing the bloody scarf under his clothes every day. But he had never heard Brian get emotional. He had gotten a small sense of closure when he had scared Chris with the gun. But Justin finally realized at that moment, why it was never truly resolved. It's because Brian had never moved on from it.

 

"What are you talking about?" Addison cried.

 

"YOUR PRECIUOS BOYFRIEND TRIED TO MURDER JUSTIN! YOU FUCKING HOMOPHOBIC PIECE OF SHIT! YOU DESERVE TO DIE YOU MOTHER FUCKER!" Brian screamed.

 

"Brian please stop." Michael pleaded with him. Justin covered his face and let a sob escape his throat.

 

"All he got was a fucking slap on the wrist. 500 hours of community service. He ended up cleaning the Aids Hospice and ran into Justin. He told him he hopes he gets Aids and dies. WELL I HOPE YOU LIVE A MISSERABLE FUCKING LIFE AND DIE ALONE YOU WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHIT!" Brian screamed at him, struggling against the men who held him back.

 

"Get that piece of trash off my property!" Robert spoke. Genevieve's husband Regan stepped forward.

 

"I think it's time for you to leave kid." Regan said. Chris looked at Addison.

 

"Come on." Chris said.

 

"She's not fucking leaving with you." Nico said, pulling her back.

 

"Get out of here before we beat the shit out of you to." Luca told him.

 

"Addison!" Chris said. She just cried.

 

"You hit him with a baseball bat?" Addison whispered. Chris looked back and forth.

 

"He's a fucking faggot. He deserves-" Christ tried to scream, but Brian had finally gotten loose and ran at him again, knocking over Nico and Luca and landing on top of Chris again.

 

"YOU DESERVE TO DIE!" Brian screamed. He got in a few punches before the men pulled him off, and away from Chris. A few of the younger male cousins pulled Chris off the ground, and pushed him towards the end of the driveway. "LET ME GO!" Brian yelled. He yanked his hands away, turned around and walked into the house.

 

"Honey." Jennifer said to Justin. He turned the opposite way and walked towards the woods that they had on the side of their property.

 

"Just let him be for a few minutes." Debbie said. Brian stomped into the house. He walked towards the front of the house and up the steps, and inside and just paced the living room. Teresa had followed him in, with her mother right behind her.

 

"Downstairs." Genevieve said to Teresa.

 

"Come on. Follow me." Teresa said. Brian stared at her. "NOW!" Teresa demanded. Brian followed her down the cellar stairs. He shut the door behind them, and she turned on the lights. There was a living room down here, that had couches and big comfy chairs, and a big flat screen T.V. She brought him around the corner where there was a punching bag. "Hit it." Teresa said. Brian didn't need to be told twice. He slammed his fists into the punching bag. He thought of Justin laying there on the cold cement, bleeding. Holding a dead Justin in his hands.

 

Brian wasn't a person that cried, but he cried as he held Justin in his arms. Waited for the paramedics to arrive. He was in shock as he rode in the ambulance, holding Justin's hand. He sat in the hospital for three days. With Michael by his side, never leaving, holding on to him. Making sure he was strong enough to stay there.

 

He had finally realized how much he really cared for Justin that night, and then to have him dying in his arms. He couldn't feel love for someone. He couldn't because he didn't want to lose them. So he didn't come back. Well, of course he did come back, but not while Justin was awake. He drank heavily. So heavily that he barely made it through work. He was like the walking dead.

 

He never knew who he was angrier at. Chris Hobbs for bashing him, or himself for never taking care of Justin. For never going there when he was awake. For never telling him that he loved him sooner. He had no idea how long he stood in front of the punching bag, hitting it, but he finally slipped to the floor. He leaned against the wall, pulled his knees up to his chest, and buried his face in his hands. Now he understood what Justin had been talking about. The need for revenge. It felt good to punch him. To kick him. He wanted to keep punching him till he was dead. He wanted Hobbs to suffer for what he did to Justin. For what he took away from him. From them.

 

"Here I brought down some ice for his hands." he heard Genevieve say as she walked down the stairs. He felt hands on his arms and he looked up. Teresa was bent down so she was eye level at him.

 

"Come over to the table." she said. He nodded and stood up. He sat at the end of the table with his mother and grandmother. They each put some some ice in a zip-lock bag and wrapped a towel around it, and each grabbed a hand and put the ice pack on his hands.

 

"That feel good?" Genevieve asked.

 

"I can't feel it." Brian spoke for the first time.

 

"I don't mean the ice." his grandmother said. He looked up at her. "I mean did it feel good beating the shit out of him?" his grandmother asked. He gulped.

 

"No offense, but if you're about to tell me how wrong it was for kicking the shit out of him, then I don't want to hear it." Brian mustered as politely as he could. She nodded.

 

"I'll bet you a million dollars you won't find one person in this house that would say that to you right now." his grandmother said seriously. Brian stared at her, and then at his mother. She shrugged her shoulders at him.

 

"You're seriously not going to yell at me?" Brian asked. They both shook their heads. "Why not?" he asked. His grandmother leaned forward.

 

"That man tried to kill Justin. No one could blame you. Every one of us would do the same thing. So we can't be hypocritical and say, don't beat him up, if we all would do it to." his grandmother said. They weren't mad at him? That was a feeling he didn't understand.

 

"Besides. If you haven't noticed, he was dating my niece. And everyone hated him." Teresa said. Brian looked over at her and she smiled. "You just did what her brothers, sisters and cousins all wanted to do. Hell her father wanted to beat the shit out of him. You have no idea how many times we've had to calm Anthony down and keep him at the house, and not go over to him and kill him. He's wanted my fathers shot gun to." Teresa said. Brian shook his head.

 

"Why the fuck are you two being so nice to me? Why aren't you both yelling at me?" Brian demanded. Teresa sat back and looked at the towel in her hand that she was folding.

 

"Is that what Joan would have done? Yelled at you for hitting him?" Teresa asked. Brian snorted and she looked up.

 

"She never would have cared enough to give me ice first of all. But she would have been on Hobbs side. Trying to rid the world of faggots. Send us straight to hell." Brian said bitterly.

 

"Well I'm not fucking Joan Kinney." Teresa said venomously. Brian looked back up at her. "This isn't about missing 35 years of your life, and I'm letting you get away with everything. Because I failed and didn't protect you and keep you with me. Had I raised you Brian, I still would say the same thing. Any time you wanna beat the shit out of Chris Hobbs, you go right ahead. He hurt Justin, and deserves to pay. And he didn't get that with 500 of community service. So if he ever comes your way again, you have my permission to beat the shit out of him." Teresa said. They stared at each other for a moment and she leaned over and hugged him. He couldn't help but move his arm around her and hug her back.