Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

Chapter 22

 

Ok time to meet some cousins. I hope you're finding my guide at the beginning helpful.

 

Genevieve and Robert-Teresa's parents

 

Vance and Martha

 

Robert and Ava

 

Vance and Cheyanne

 

Annabella and Denver

 

Savannah and Colby

 

Bruno engaged to Lucy

 

Julia

 

Anthony and Rebecca

 

Nico and Cecilia

 

Luca and Charlene

 

Isabella and Landon

 

Jayden

 

Genevieve and Regan

 

Cassandra and Chandler

 

Regan engaged to Daisy

 

Ricky and Melinda

 

Ricky engaged to Jamie

 

CHAPTER 22

 

The next day Brian went back to work, and Justin packed his SUV, and brought some boxes over, and started unpacking them into his art studio. He loved it here. It was more then he ever could have dreamed of. He loved his first studio. It was the one that he got himself. It was his, and he did it on his own. But God was it dirty. He cleaned it as best he could, but there was only so much he could do. The studio that he had in New York was great. It was fabulous. Perfect lighting. It was just missing one thing. Brian! This studio was going to be his last. This studio was made for his future. Brian and he owned this studio. Brian could walk in at any moment. That's what made this studio better. The week before he had some of his furniture from his studio in New York, (all his things from New York were in the apartment below the loft) and taken to his new studio, so he was able to start unpacking and putting things away. It felt good. He couldn't wait to start painting again.

 

Since he had come home, he had little time to paint. He would sit and sketch, and that really helped. But he had been so busy. Not that he was complaining. It wasn't anything that he wasn't happy about. He was remodeling a house. A house that they were going to spend the rest of their lives in. Picking out paint colors, counter tops, shelves, couches, chairs, bed spreads...it made him so happy.

 

And then there was planning the wedding with Emmett. It was so much fun. He never stopped smiling whenever he sat down with Emmett. That was going to be the first day, of the rest of their lives. They were starting a family that day. Their own family. Planning the best wedding, and reception, that both he and Brian would love, was easy and hard at the same time. He didn't want some ridiculously romantic, girly event. He wanted something that he and Brian both loved. It was easy, because he knew the things Brian would like. But finding something they both would be happy with was a bit of a challenge. But Emmett was amazing, and everything from the colors, the menu, the invitations, to the center pieces, Emmett had found something they both would love. Brian did of course say do whatever the fuck he wanted. He would be happy no matter what. But this wasn't just Justin's day, as Brian liked to say it was. It was their day.

 

Then of course, there was finding Brian's real family. That had been keeping him super busy. Actually finding them, then going to meet them had kept him busy. But then they had met Brian, they went to Boston, and we're now going back to Teresa's house that night, to meet some of Brian's cousins. It had been non stop since then. Even the next day, they were going back, and taking Gus this time, so Gus could meet everyone. And they'd get to meet the rest of Brian's cousins. Like he said, he was busy, busy, busy.

 

He unpacked the boxes that he brought over, and went back to the loft to get ready, and have a quick meeting with Emmett. He was going to tell him he had to get ready for over 100 more people. He chuckled at just the thought of the look on his face. He had enough time to hop in the shower and literally pop out when Emmett came in. Brian would be home soon to pick him up and head over to Teresa's house.

 

"Hey Em." Justin said as he pulled his sweat pants on.

 

"Hey sweetie." Em said, kissing his cheek. "How was your trip?" Emmett asked.

 

"Oh Em it was great. Sawyer's family is amazing. Gus had an amazing time. He cried when he left." Justin said, making a sad face. Emmett let out a cry and put his hand to his chest. "And Brian even let them hug him." Justin said. Emmett's mouth fell and Justin laughed.

 

"Who knew the Big Bad Brian Kinney would let people hug him. That is so unlike the Brian we all know-"

 

"And feel ambivalent about?" Justin joked, making Emmett laugh and nod his head. "Well Brian decided to let Sawyer and Teresa go to the wedding." Justin said. Emmett jumped up and down.

 

"Oh my God I love Teresa. And Sawyer ain't so bad to look at." Emmett joked. "That's amazing. I'm really happy for him."

 

"How hard do you think it's gonna be to add to the wedding?" Justin asked, gently pushing Emmett into this. He smiled.

 

"As soon as I met Teresa and Sawyer, I booked some more rooms under the Kinney-Taylor wedding. Just to get them blocked off. The sooner you tell me how many rooms I need, the better. More chairs to the ceremony are not a problem. I did ask to reserve the bigger room for the reception. Luckily it wasn't booked. And I booked the bigger room for the Rehearsal Dinner." Emmett said.

 

"Oh my God Em. Thank you." Justin said and hugged him.

 

"I'm not taking any chances with this wedding going wrong. So just tell me. How many people?" Emmett asked.

 

"Over 100. But I haven't gotten a yes from everyone. I know everyone in Sawyer's family is coming. But I don't know about everyone in Teresa's. All her brothers and sisters are a yes. But I don't know about all the cousins." Justin said. Emmett pulled out his note pad and started writing.

 

"Well I have a number to work with. Once we get the RSVP'S in I'll know better. But this is very do-able." Emmett said, smiling. "I am getting you down that isle Justin Taylor soon to be Kinney, if I have to drag you both down the isle myself." Emmett joked. Justin closed his mouth. "What's the matter honey?"

 

"Kinney...me and Brian never even talked about that. About changing names." Justin said.

 

"Well honey you better start thinking. I think Justin Taylor-Kinney would be so absolutely adorable. How hard is it going to be to convince Brian to change his name to Taylor-Kinney?" Emmett joked. Justin burst out laughing, with Emmett laughing with him. They didn't even hear the loft door slide open and shut.

 

"What are you two Queens laughing about?" Brian asked as he put his brief case down on the counter.

 

"Your new business cards. Brian Taylor-Kinney of Kinnetik." Emmett joked. Brian just glared at him.

 

"I figured we have to keep the Kinney, since you own Kinnetik. But Mr. Justin and Brian Taylor-Kinney does have a certain-" Justin tried to say, but Brian interrupted.

 

"Keep thinking I'm changing my name Sunshine." Brian said, smiling at him. Justin shook his head.

 

"Don't worry. I never expected you to." Justin laughed.

 

"Good. You scared me for a minute there." Brian said, taking a beer out of the fridge. Justin and Emmett laughed at the nervous look on Brian's face.

 

"You know he'd really do it if you wanted him to." Emmett said. Brian glared at him as Emmett just smiled at him.

 

"Leave him alone Em. He might jump over the counter and go all Rage on your ass." Justin joked.

 

"Alright alright I get it. Just give me a call when you get definite numbers. I'm gonna go call the hotel to block off some more rooms. And I left you that notebook. There's a couple of things we still need to go over. Later honey." Emmett said, kissing Justin's cheek. He just glared at Brian as he left. Justin finished getting ready and hopped into Brian's Vette. Justin looked at some of Emmett's notes.

 

"I hadn't even thought of a honeymoon. Would you be able to take anymore time off of work to go somewhere for a few days after the wedding?" Justin asked. Brian leered at him, and Justin leaned back against his seat. "What's that look for?" Justin asked cautiously.

 

"The wedding is for the bride. The honeymoon is for the husband." Brian said. Justin hit his arm and Brian chuckled. "I already started planning the honeymoon ages ago Sunshine. I'm surprised it's taken you this long to even question it." Brian joked. Justin's eyes widened in excitement.

 

"Oh my God really. Where are we going? How long are we going for?" Justin asked. Brian snorted.

 

"I've put in all this time and planning for you to go and muck it all up? Nope. You just have to wait till we leave Sunshine."

 

"You're seriously not going to tell me where were going?" Justin asked. Brian shook his head. "What about a hint?" he asked. Brian snorted.

 

"And have you accidentally figuring it out? Nope. Not going to happen." Brian said. Justin sat back and pouted. Brian just laughed at him. Justin looked through Emmett's notes some more. Glancing up every once in a while to glare at Brian.

 

"How would you feel about a Bridal party?" Justin asked. Brian glanced at him and raised his eye brow.

 

"I know I keep calling you a bride, but don't you think that's taking it a little far?" Brian asked. Justin rolled his eyes.

 

"Well I guess calling it a Bridal party is weird. It's a wedding party." Justin said.

 

"Aren't we having a reception?" Brian asked. Justin looked over at him and laughed.

 

"It's not an actual party. God you know nothing. The Wedding Party are the Best Man, Maid of Honor, Groomsmen and Bridesmaids. Oh and the Ringer Bearer and Flower Girls." Justin said.

 

"Oh. Well don't we already have one then? Gus, Mikey and Daphne. I'm already fine with that." Brian said.

 

"Well I know. But how would you feel about expanding it?" Justin asked. Brian glanced at him again, and Justin just smiled.

 

"Expand it how?"

 

"Well my sister really wants to be a bridesmaid. She had some conversation on FaceBook with one of her friends last week. Her friend asked about her brothers wedding and asked if she was a Bridesmaid, and Molly said, 'I wish'. So I asked my mom and she said Molly really wants to." Justin explained.

 

"Well that's up to you Sunshine. I don't care." Brian told him. Justin smiled.

 

"Ok. So we just need someone else on your side." Justin said.

 

"Why the fuck do we need another person on my side?"

 

"To even it out. You have to have the same number of Wedding Party members on each side." Justin told him. Brian just rolled his eyes.

 

"Jesus. Who am I supposed to have stand next to Michael?" Brian demanded. Justin gave him that 'duh' look. Like Brian was supposed to know.

 

"This is our wedding. A gay wedding. Not to many traditions are the normal kind. I don't have a best man, I have a maid of honor. And a bridesmaid. You can have a bridesmaid to." Justin said. Brian just stared at him. "Next to Michael, who's your other best friend asshole?" Justin asked. Now Brian understood where this was going.

 

"You want me to ask Lindsay?" Brian asked. Justin nodded.

 

"Do you know how touched she would be? And you wouldn't have to worry about what she's going to wear or anything. Me and Emmett will take care of that. We'll go back to the shop that we found Daphne's dress and get her and Molly the same one." Justin said excitedly

 

"Yes because I was so fucking worried about what Lindsay was going to wear." Brian said sarcastically. Justin hit his arm, and Brian chuckled.

 

"Well. Can we do it?" Justin asked. Brian looked over at Justin. He remembered the day that he proposed to Justin at Brian. He told Justin that he would do anything to make him happy. Having Lindsay and Molly stand up for them at their wedding...it wasn't something that was hard to do. It was something so easy. And it would make Justin happy. It was something very simple, that would make Justin happy. Brian chuckled.

 

"Like I said Sunshine. You can do whatever you want." Brian said. Justin smiled and kissed his cheek.

 

"What about Emmett?" Justin asked. Brian stared at him again.

 

"What about him?" Brian asked.

 

"Well. He's both of our friends. Out of all the guys, Emmett's the one that I'm closest to. I'd love to have him as a Groomsmen. And he'd love it. Could you just imagine his face when I ask him." Justin laughed.

 

"He'll start crying a fucking river." Brian grumbled, making Justin laugh. "Go ahead. So who's your next pick for me? Theodore?" Brian asked. Justin smiled at him.

 

"Well no. I've actually given this a lot of thought." Justin said carefully. Brian eyed him carefully.

 

"This doesn't sound good." Brian said carefully. Justin cleared his throat.

 

"Ok. So a Wedding party are supposed to be your family and friends, who stand up for you. Who stand up for your marriage..." Justin trailed off.

 

"You totally forget where your going with this don't you?" Brian asked. Justin rolled his eyes.

 

"Sort of. Listen. I have two women on my side. You could have two women on your side." Justin said. Brian's eyes widened.

 

"If you think for a fucking second that Butch Melanie is going to-"

 

"That's not what I'm thinking." Justin laughed.

 

"Then just spit it out Sunshine."

 

"Sam." Justin said. Brian looked over at him in confusion.

 

"Samantha? Josh's wife?" Brian asked.

 

"Well yeah. What other Sam do we know?" Justin asked. Brian looked back to the road. "I just think that since I have Molly, you should have a family member up there. And Sam is the perfect choice. She's my second fag hag." Justin joked, making Brian smile. "And she's your aunt...and she's the one who told me to go home and be happy." Justin said softly. Brian smiled at him. "And it's her birthday. You know she'll just love that. It will mean so much to her." Justin said. Brian rolled his eyes and looked at Justin. He knew he couldn't say no.

 

"Alright Sunshine. You win." Brian said. Justin kissed his cheek again. "Anyone else? Spit it out now." Brian asked. Justin laughed.

 

"No I think we're good. Emmett put on here that we could have two Ring Bearers if we wanted. You can have one Ring Bearer for each ring. But I really like the idea of only Gus doing it." Justin said, smiling at Brian. "But he did put on here about Flower Girls. I'm going back and forth about having J.R. She's just so young, I don't know if she can actually make it down the isle. I'm sure we could get some of your younger cousins. But picking a couple out and not the others...besides I think it's to hetero for us. The whole purpose of Flower Girls is for them to throw flowers onto the isle for the Bride to walk on. And with just J.R. doing it, there may not be any flowers. But then there may not be any anyways." Justin said.

 

"Is that what they're for? I thought-"

 

"I don't want to hear what you thought." Justin cut him off. Brian just smiled. "As soon as I make the decision about J.R., then I think the Wedding party is set." Justin said. Brian nodded. "Now will you tell me where the honeymoon is?" Justin whined. Brian just shook his head. "Well I've been thinking about something else." Justin said.

 

"You've been doing an awful lot of thinking lately Sunshine. Last time I heard those words you..." Brian trailed off. Justin took a deep breath. The last time Justin had said those words to him, was when he left him.

 

"Well these are good thoughts. We're different people now. But I have been thinking about my future a little bit." Justin said. Brian eyed him carefully. "I've been thinking about this since I came back from New York...I want to finish school." he said. Brian was surprised by that. When he came back from L.A., Justin had become disgusted by the idea of finishing school. He knew Justin felt like he failed in L.A. That he got a taste of the life he wanted, and school would be a huge step down. So Brian was greatly surprised when he said he wanted to finish school.

 

"Really?" Brian asked. Justin nodded his head. "What changed your mind?"

 

"Well...I hate the fact that I've never finished it. I feel like I have a lot of loose ends every where I look. That I have a hard time finishing anything. That's how I felt when I left for New York in the first place. I want to finish school. I don't know what I'm gonna be doing with my art a year from now. Five years from now. I have Rage, and I have my art at Josh's Gallery. And I still want to paint for the GLC. But having a college degree on my resume...that would be amazing. Having a degree would just open the door for more opportunities." Justin said. Brian smiled at him.

 

"I completely agree." Brian said. He quickly leaned over and kissed Justin's cheek. "When do you want to start again?"

 

"Well I was actually thinking next January. After the wedding we can get settled. Really get settled into the house. I know we'll be able to move in soon, but with all the wedding stuff going on, it's gonna be crazy. And then after this mysterious honeymoon your taking me on, I figure I'll need some time to recuperate. I'd hate to start school in August after that." Justin joked.

 

"Yeah no fun." Brian said. Justin rolled his eyes.

 

"I just want to spend a few months settling. It's been non stop since I came back. I want time to just stay at home. Paint for hours while your in work. Have wild passionate sex when you come home." Justin said. Brian wiggled his eyebrows. "Spend a lot of time with Gus. My sister. She's actually becoming less annoying and more fun to be around." Justin joked. He looked out the window and back at Brian. "And with your family...I want to spend some time with them. Maybe take long weekend trips up to Boston. And with the Holidays...it's the first time in my own house. I want to spend time decorating it, and have holiday dinners...I just want a few months to ourselves." Justin said. Brian chuckled at him.

 

"Sounds like a good plan. You're really getting into the housewife role already." Brian joked. They pulled into Teresa's driveway, and walked up the stairs, and knocked. His grandmother answered.

 

"Come on in guys." she said, hugging and kissing them both. "That is the last time you knock on that door. This is your house. You walk right in. Here I made these for you." she said, and handed each of them a key. "All the kids and grandkids have one. You'll need one to. I'm getting to old to be walking back and forth to answer the door, and it's not what I want to be doing. When you can just walk in yourselves." she said. They both laughed and took the keys from her.

 

"Thank you." Justin said and kissed her cheek.

 

"Hey boys." Teresa said as she came down the stairs. She hugged and kissed both of them. "I was just FaceTiming with my precious grandson. He's mad that you two didn't take him tonight." Teresa said as she followed her mother into the kitchen.

 

"Thanks for that." Brian said sarcastically. His grandmother was cooking.

 

"Mmmmm. That smells amazing." Justin said as he peeked into the pot of sauce

 

"Sunshine's always hungry." Brian joked, sitting at the table.

 

"Give her some time. She'll be dropping off food every day. And not just a little. A lot. Like a big fucking pot of meatballs and sauce." Teresa joked.

 

"Mmm. Can't wait." Justin said sitting down. "How many of Brian's cousins are coming over tonight?" he asked.

 

"Well the college kids have a family friends birthday party. She's 21. They all had planned her birthday and really wanted to go. But they've been threatened within an inch of their lives to come tomorrow. But I think dad said 13 of them?" Teresa asked. Genevieve nodded her head. "And then 8 of them are married." Teresa said. She looked over at Brian. "Oh don't feel overwhelmed. Once you hang out here for a few times, you'll remember everyone's names. I made a cheat sheet for you." Teresa said and grabbed a couple of pieces of paper, showing everyone's names.

 

"Debbie called and said her and Carl can make it tomorrow. Did I remember to have you invite your mother Justin?" Genevieve asked. Brian and Justin turned around to stare at her. "What?" she asked.

 

"Debbie called you? How did she have your number?" Brian asked.

 

"Well Michael gave it to me the other day and I called her. So she has my number now. I did forget to tell you didn't I Justin? Oh that's terrible. Well Lindsay and Melanie are coming. And Michael and his husband and son. Tell me they're names again." Genevieve said.

 

"Ben's the husband and Hunter's the son." Teresa said. Brian and Justin just stared at each other.

 

"Well call your mother and ask if she can come. And she has a boyfriend right?" Genevieve asked. Justin nodded. "Ok well ask her if they can come. And apologize to her that I forgot to call her. But your friends, Emmett and Ted. They can come to. Oh no wait. Ted said that he and Emmett are going skiing with they're boyfriends." Genevieve said. Brian just stared at her, and Justin laughed. "Why are you laughing?" Genevieve asked. Brian just looked at her. "What? Did I say something wrong? Did I get all the names mixed up?" she asked. Teresa started chuckling along Justin who was laughing.

 

"You're acting like my grandmother." Brian said. Genevieve laughed.

 

"Well I am your grandmother." she laughed. Brian nodded his head, and stood up.

 

"I have to make a call to work. Excuse me." Brian said, walking out of the room.

 

"He's never had a grandmother. Not one who cared." Justin told them. Both Brian's mother and grandmother remained quiet. "He doesn't know what it's like to have family that cares about him. Cares about the things he loves. Cares about his family. His job. His life...it's going to take some getting used to." Justin told them. Teresa let out a deep breath and put her elbow on the table, and leaned her head on hand.

 

"Well he's walked into a huge family that cares. We've been waiting for 35 years to meet him. To love him. We don't want to waste anymore time." Genevieve said, patting her daughters shoulder. She smiled and nodded her head. After an hour, Brian's cousins started to arrive. The oldest cousin was only a few years younger then Brian, and was already married and had three children. Gus was one of the sixteen great-grandchildren. And if Brian understood, three more we're on the way. Once they had all arrived, Justin made Teresa go over the names of the cousins that were there tonight.

 

"Alright. So there's Vance and Martha's children. Robert, Vance, Annabella, Savannah, Bruno and Julia. Robert is married to Ava. Vance is married to Cheyanne. Annabella is married to Denver. And Savannah is married to Colby. And Bruno is engaged to Lucy, she's not here tonight, she caught the chicken pox from her class." Teresa said, chuckling.

 

"Yeah she's gonna love the fact that your laughing at her auntie." Bruno said. She ignored him.

 

"And then there's Anthony and Rebecca's children. Nico, Luca, Isabella and Jayden. Nico's married to Cecilia. Luca's married to Charlene. Isabella's married to Landon." Teresa said. Everyone nodded their heads. "Ok then there's Genevieve and Regan's kids. Cassandra and Regan. Cassandra is married to..where's your husband?" Teresa asked. As she introduced everyone, she pointed them out. But her husband was no where to be found. Cassandra giggled.

 

"He's in the kitchen sneaking a meatball." Cassandra said.

 

"CHANDLER GET OUT OF MY KITCHEN!" Genevieve yelled. Chandler came running in to stand next to Cassandra, who laughed and wiped his face.

 

"Sorry. But there really good. And I'm starving." Chandler said, smiling at Cassandra's grandmother. Genevieve just rolled her eyes, but smiled.

 

"Anyways. Ricky and Melinda's son Ricky, and his fiance Jamie. And that's the whole group for tonight. There's a lot more cousins that will be here tomorrow." Teresa said.

 

"We're the calmer of all the grandkids. We're all out of college, married or engaged, have kids of our own. Jobs, houses, cars. We're the more sophisticated of the grandchildren." Annabella joked, sipping her wine.

 

"No we just have to meet him in groups so he doesn't freak out and run from the house screaming. Then where will auntie Teresa be?" Savannah asked smiling at her.

 

"All my nieces are fucking bitches." Teresa joked, making the girls laugh loudly.

 

"So a little birdie told me you guys totally liked the Jameson's." Annabella said, making them laugh.

 

"That big mouth really gets around." Brian grumbled.

 

"God I wish we lived in Boston. No one around here makes it good like that family does." Luca said.

 

"Are you all close to Sam?" Justin asked.

 

"We grew up with that family. She's basically like another cousin. She's like a little sister." Robert said.

 

"She could have been just one of the cousins had auntie Teresa just married uncle Sawyer already." Savannah said, smiling.

 

"Uncle Sawyer?" Justin asked.

 

"Savannah shut the hell up." Teresa said. Robert's wife Ava chuckled and wrapped her arm around Teresa's shoulders.

 

"We've called him uncle Sawyer since we were all born." Annabella said.

 

"The poor guys been in love with her since the day he met her. She should just put the poor guy out of her misery and marry him already." Julia joked. Teresa stood up.

 

"Shut the hell up, and start putting some food on your plate and stuff it in your mouths." Teresa said and walked into the kitchen. Justin's eyes widened, and her nieces laughed.

 

"You know Sammy is working on Sawyer." Cassandra said, then she looked at Brian and Justin. "Sammy's going to get them married, one way or another. And you can call me Cassie by the way." Cassie said, smiling. They had gotten their food, and went outside to the picnic tables to eat dinner. Justin figured it was something they did often, because they had bright lights to light up the backyard when it started getting dark.

 

Brian and Justin we're actually having fun. The cousins that were there tonight between Brian and Justin's age. Somewhere in the conversation, Jayden, who was Justin's age, started talking about that he just graduated from college. The same school as Daphne. "Oh no way. My best friend just graduated from their last year. Daphne's my fag hag of honor." Justin joked.

 

"Daphne Chanders?" Jayden asked. Justin laughed and nodded. "No way. She was in a lot of my classes. She's awesome." Jayden said, blushing a bit. Luckily a lot of the cousins we're talking, so no one but Justin and Brian and noticed.

 

"Looks like someone noticed Mrs. Chanders being more the just awesome." Brian joked. Justin chuckled and hit his arm as Jayden squirmed and rubbed the back of his neck. "You should ask her out. I could put in a good word for you." Brian joked. Justin snorted. Like he would ever hook up a hetero couple.

 

"You should ask her out. You're totally adorable and exactly her type." Justin said. Jayden chuckled nervously. Then Justin shook his head. "I'm not hitting on you or anything." Justin said. Jayden laughed.

 

"I actually didn't think that. I um..." Jayden trailed off. Luca must have been paying attention to the conversation, because he scooted down on the bench outside, and put his arm around Jayden's shoulder.

 

"My little brother is nervous around girls. He's to embarrassed to ask a girl out." Luca said. Jayden shoved him off of him.

 

"Well, like Brian said, we can totally put in a good word for you. She's my best friend. I know what kind of guys she's into." Justin said. He searched his brain for a few minutes, trying to remember if she ever mentioned Jayden before. "Did she call you J.D.?" Justin asked. Jayden chuckled.

 

"Yeah she did. There was like four Jayden's in our class. We were always in the same study groups. We had a lot of the same friends, so we ended up hanging out a lot together." Jayden said. Justin laughed.

 

"Oh my God. You really should have asked her out. She totally thought you were adorable. I'm going to hook you two up. We can even go on a double date with you." Justin said, hitting Brian's arm.

 

"Since when do I fucking go on dates? Double dating is for heteros." Brian said, offended that Justin would think such a thing.

 

"But it's not for us. It's for them. He's your cousin. You have an obligation to help him." Justin said. Brian's face dropped and Luca laughed. He leaned sideways and looked towards the house.

 

"JULIA! COME HERE!" Luca yelled.

 

"Come on don't call her over here Luca." Jayden said, covering his face.

 

"What's up?" Julia asked as she walked over to the table, and sat down on the other side of Brian.

 

"Do you know a Daphne from your school?" Luca asked. Jayden groaned. Julia tilted her head.

 

"Are you talking about Daphne Chanders?" Julia asked. Justin leaned forward so her could see around Brian.

 

"She's my best friend. She's in the wedding." Justin said. Julia's eyes widened.

 

"She's the fag hag of honor. It's the gay version of Maid of Honor." Brian informed her.

 

"Oh my God. No fucking way." Julia said. She turned around. "ISABELLA! GET OUT HERE!" Julia screamed.

 

"Why?" Jayden moaned. "Why do you have to tell her?" Jayden cried. Brian chuckled at him.

 

"What is it?" Isabella asked from the porch.

 

"Remember the girl who your little brothers had a crush on for his whole four years of college?" Julia sang.

 

"You've had a crush on her the whole time?" Justin asked. Jayden just moaned helplessly.

 

"Daphne? Yeah what about her?" Isabella asked.

 

"Daphne is Justin's best friend. She's in the wedding." Julia said. Isabella's eyes widened.

 

"She's the fag hag of honor." Luca told her. Brian laughed. Isabella screamed. Teresa came out of the house and smacked her arm.

 

"What the hell are you screaming about?" Teresa asked.

 

"It seems that your precious nephew here, is in love with Justin's fag hag. And has been for the past four years." Brian joked. Justin hit him as he looked at Jayden. He was completely mortified. Jayden stood up and started walking towards the house, when Isabella ran in to announce it to everyone else. Teresa put her arm around Jayden.

 

"Your sisters and cousins are bitches baby. I know." Teresa said, patting his cheek.

 

"I'm gonna go drown myself now." Jayden said, and went inside.

 

"You know Sunshine, I'm really starting to like this family." Brian said. Luca chuckled and held up his beer, and clinked beers with Brian and Julia.

 

"You two are assholes. He's traumatized" Justin said.

 

"He'll get over it." Luca said.

 

"Yeah when he starts getting laid he will." Nico said as he joined the group. Luca's wife, Charlene came over and smacked the back of his head.

 

"You're so mean to him. You know he's not like you and Nico when it comes to girls." Charlene reprimanded him.

 

"He's totally sweet and nice to girls he doesn't have a crush on. But he's had a thing for Daphne since the day we started college. He just gets nervous around her." Julia said.

 

"Well Daph said she had thought Jayden liked her. If I have the right Jayden. But don't worry I'm totally hooking them up." Justin said.

 

"Do you know how many times you've said totally in the past few minutes. You're starting to sound really gay. Like a girl." Brian said. Justin hit his arm, and Julia hit the other.

 

"I'm a girl and I don't say totally all the time." Julia informed him.

 

It was past midnight by the time they left. "Can't wait till we're in Britin. This hour long trip will only be 20 minutes." Justin joked. Brian smiled, and nodded in agreement. They were laying in bed for a few minutes, when Brian looked over at Justin.

 

"What's the matter?" Brian asked. Justin looked at him.

 

"What makes you think something is the matter?" Justin asked. Brian turned to lay on his back.

 

"Because the foot that you have laying over me is shaking." Brian said as he took his arms out from the blanket and put his hand on Justin's leg. He was shaking it. "So tell me what's wrong." Brian said. Justin chuckled.

 

"Nothing's actually wrong. I'm just thinking...and don't really know how you'll respond to it." Justin said, eyeing Brian.

 

"I really hate when you start conversations like this." Brian said. Justin shook his head.

 

"It's nothing bad...it's about our last names. Emmett got me thinking." Justin said. Brian looked at him cautiously and Justin chuckled. "I'm not asking you to change your name if that's what your thinking." Justin joked. Brian chuckled. "But we're getting married...I know the girl always takes the guys last name but..." Justin trailed off.

 

"Do you want to take my last name?" Brian asked. Justin stared at the ceiling. "I never really thought of it. It's not something that we have to do. Nothing about our relationship is normal. We're fucking queers. We can do whatever we want. Not what society wants or expects us to do. So you can do whatever you want with your last name Sunshine" Brian said. Justin looked over at him.

 

"I want to get rid of my middle name." Justin said. That wasn't what Brian had expected him to say. But then he realized what his middle name was. It was Craig. After his father. Brian nodded.

 

"I don't blame you. So you won't have a middle name anymore?" Brian asked. Justin stared at him.

 

"Well...what if I changed my middle name to Taylor?" Justin asked. Brian turned sideways to look at him. "It's just...I know that Taylor is my fathers last name. But it's also my mother, and my sisters last name. I know that if my mom and sister get married, they won't keep Taylor as their last name. And I'd be the only one with it...But it's what keeps the three of us a family. Our last name. Even if I change it to my middle name...I'm a guy to. And Taylor is my name...but it doesn't have to be my last name anymore." Justin said. Brian had never once thought of Justin changing his name. He never thought he would want someone to change their last name for him. But thinking about...he couldn't believe that he actually liked the idea. "It's different with my dad's name as my middle name. I'm not his son anymore. I don't want to have that tie...and it would be a big fucking slap in the face to him if I changed it completely." Justin joked. Brian leaned his head on his elbow.

 

"So you'd be Justin Taylor Kinney. You wouldn't even be Justin Taylor-Kinney, with a hyphen." Brian said. Justin nodded. "Justin Kinney." Brian said, seeing what it sounded like out loud.

 

"Does it sound bad?" Justin asked. Brian could tell that he was worried about Brian's reaction. Brian rolled over on top of Justin. He leaned down and kissed him passionately. His tongue tangling with Justin's. He pulled back and stared at him.

 

"I don't think I've ever heard anything hotter, then Justin Kinney." Brian said. Justin smiled and hugged him.

 

"GUS YOUR DADDIES ARE HERE TO TAKE YOU TO GRANDMA'S!" Lindsay called down. She was rocking J.R. back and forth. She had just fallen and hit her head, and was crying loudly. "Shhh it's ok sweet heart." Lindsay tried to comfort her. Gus came running down the stairs and jumped into Brian's arms.

 

"DADDY!" Gus cheered.

 

"Hey there Sonny boy." Brian said, kissing his cheek.

 

"Here baby I have your boo boo buddy." Melanie said as she placed something cold on J.R.

 

"She ok?" Justin asked.

 

"Oh she'll be fine. I'm sorry we can't come over now. But I have to go check something out at the Gallery before this afternoon. But we'll be over after." Lindsay said. Gus jumped into Justin's arms to hug him.

 

"Hey Gus. I have a present for you." Brian said. Gus got excited and started jumping in Justin's arms.

 

"What is it what is it?" Gus asked.

 

"Well. I know you wanted to FaceTime with all your new family. And you've had to use your mommies Iphones and Ipads. So I got you..." Brian pulled a box out from behind his back. "Your very own Ipad." Brian said excitedly Justin laughed as Gus cheered and jumped to Brian.

 

"Thank you, thank you, thank you daddy." Gus cheered. He took the box and started taking it out.

 

"Brian he's going to need a case for it. And something to protect the screen." Lindsay said. Gus held up the black Ipad, that already had a neon orange case on it. (Gus's current favorite color.)

 

"Don't you dykes know that I think of everything." Brian grumbled. Lindsay smacked his arm. Brian sat down next to him.

 

"And look what Sunshine already did for you." Brian said as he hit the FaceTime app. "He already went in and got you your own email address, and got everyone's numbers in here, so you can start FaceTiming them." Brian said.

 

"I attached pictures to the names. I know he can't read yet." Justin joked. Gus jumped when it started ringing. Ali's face popped up. He clicked ok and waited for her to come up.

 

"How did she already know my number?" Gus asked. The four adults laughed, and Justin held up his phone.

 

"I texted her and let her know to call you." Justin said.

 

"Now just a quick hello. We gotta get going." Brian said.

 

"HI GUS!" Ali screamed.

 

"HI ALI!" Gus yelled back. "Your talking to me on my new Ipad that my daddies got me. It even has a neon orange case on it like you do." Gus said.

 

"That's great buddy. Is that Brian's fat head I see?" Ali said, squinting. Justin and Melanie laughed, and he leaned closer to Gus.

 

"I don't have a fat head you little rat." Brian grumbled. Ali just laughed, and Justin leaned over Brian.

 

"Hey Ali." Justin said. She instantly smiled.

 

"HI JUSTIN! Oh my God I miss you guys so much. Guess what?" she said.

 

"What?" Gus asked.

 

"Mom and dad said I can go to your house warming party. So I'm gonna be seeing you in a couple of weeks Gus!" Ali said. All four adults laughed when he started screaming and jumping up and down.

 

"Can Ali sleep here mommy? Pleeeeease." Gus begged his mothers. Lindsay leaned forward so Ali could see here.

 

"You're welcome to stay here anytime Allison." Lindsay told her.

 

"Thank you." Ali said.

 

"Alright Sonny Boy. Say goodbye to your cousin. Because we have more cousins to meet tonight." Brian said.