Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

Chapter 20

 

Cynthia and Mark-Brian's grandparents

 

Sawyer-Brian's dad

 

Meredith and Carver-Sawyer's sister and brother-in-law

 

Allison- 16

 

Spencer-13

 

Mackenzie-10

 

Zoey-8

 

Derek and Julianna- Sawyer's brother and sister-in-law

 

Parker-13

 

Alexis-10

 

Chloe-7

 

Caleb-3

 

Sam and Josh-Sawyer's sister and brother-in-law

 

CHAPTER 20

 

"Ok. We all have to tell a secret. So Brian and Justin get to know us better. They already know mine, Josh's and Sawyer's." Sam said. The others groaned. "And don't think you two are getting out of this. Being gay doesn't qualify as a secret. It doesn't even have to be a secret. Just something super serious" Sam informed them, lighting a new joint.

 

"Spilling our guts basically." Julianna said. Sam nodded her head and laid back down.

 

"I had two miscarriages before I had Allison." Meredith said.

 

"I'm sorry." Justin said.

 

"Shit this is going to get heavy." Brian said.

 

"I lost that bet in High school and had to run across the football field at the end of the game butt ass naked." Derek said, making them laugh.

 

"Mom and dad had a fit." Meredith laughed.

 

"What was the bet?" Justin asked. They all got quiet for a minute.

 

"Oh my God. I've been telling this story for years, and I don't even remember what the bet was." Derek said, and started laughing.

 

"That wasn't a good one. Something deep jack-hole." Sam said.

 

"Like the fact that I stole the answers to that midterm in High school?" Derek asked.

 

"No way." Justin said.

 

"Where were you when I was in high school?" Brian asked.

 

"I still can't believe you got away with that." Meredith said.

 

"I was drunk one night, coming out of a bar. This guy started a fight with me, and he had a knife. I ended up getting it away from him but it stabbed him." Carver said. He took another huff of the joint. Sawyer hit his knee.

 

"What happened to the guy?" Justin asked.

 

"He was alright. I didn't go to jail though because there was witnesses that it was self defense. Still not easy knowing you stabbed somebody." Carver said. He threw a pillow at Sam. "That good?" Carver asked. She nodded.

 

"My friend left me drunk at her boyfriends apartment with his roommate. She didn't even know him. And I woke up with him on top of me." Julianna said.

 

"I fucking hate this story." Derek said.

 

"I told you this was going to get heavy." Brian said.

 

"That's so awful." Justin said quietly. Julianna nodded.

 

"It's ok. Because once Derek found out, him, Sawyer and Carver went and beat the living shit out of him." Julianna said laughing. Meredith joined in her laughter, and then shaking her head.

 

"No it's not funny. It's the pot." Meredith laughed out.

 

"I was to young to go on the ass kicking spree. Mother fuckers." Josh said, making Brian and Josh laugh.

 

"I have one." Justin said, sitting up. "I don't remember my prom night, because this asshole at school came over and hit me in the head with a baseball bat. So I forget what happened at prom, and my hand still shakes and gets really bad cramps." Justin laughed, shaking his right hand. Brian leaned forward and reached across Justin to slap his hand.

 

"That's not funny." Brain told him, laying back down.

 

"So you lost your memory?" Julianna asked. Justin nodded.

 

"According to Daphne it was the best night of my life. Brian walked in and surprised me, and then danced with me. We had the floor to ourselves, with everyone watching. And we kissed at the very end and left." Justin said, and then held out his hands. "The best night of my life and I don't even remember." Justin laughed. Julianna sat up.

 

"Who is this asshole? The boys will go and kick his ass." Julianna asked. Josh sat up.

 

"I'M COMING THIS TIME!" Josh said, making them all laugh. Justin shook his head.

 

"It's ok. I stuck an unloaded gun in his mouth and made him suck it, and made him shit his pants." Justin laughed. Everyone's eyes widened, and one by one they all started laughing. Brian covered his face and shook his head.

 

"That is the most horrible thing I ever heard." Sam said. Brian leaned forward.

 

"Thank you. That's what I said when he finally admitted that to me for the first time last night!" Brian said slowly in Justin's face. He just laughed.

 

"I love you." Justin laughed out. Brian rolled his eyes. Justin looked back at everyone. "I knew I loved him from the moment I met him. The very first night he met me, he brought me back to his loft and he-" Justin tried to say but Brian had sat up, covering his mouth and pulling him back down. He took the joint from his hand.

 

"No more getting stoned for you. Your burnt." Brian said, making them all laugh.

 

"You all are." someone said from the doorway, making the girls scream. Meredith's 16 year old daughter Allison was standing there, with her arms crossed. "I can hear you all from down the hall, laughing." she said, and looked around. "You're all getting high?" she asked. No one answered her. She shut the door, and walked around, passed Brian, to stand over where her mom was sitting. She held out her hand. Meredith looked at Carver and he shrugged his shoulders.

 

"Fine. But you tell no one we let you smoke." Meredith said, and handed the joint to Allison. She smiled and climbed over the couch, and took a puff. Coughing as she exhaled.

 

"First timer huh." Brian said. She laughed.

 

"How long have you guys been smoking?" Allison asked.

 

"Two or three hours." Josh laughed. She rolled her eyes.

 

"You guys are so gone. Nana and Papa are going to freak if they find you smoking." Allison said, taking another puff, without coughing this time.

 

"Shit. She's a natural." Derek said. Allison smiled proudly.

 

"What are you all talking about?" Allison asked.

 

"Justin was just telling us that he fell in love with Brian the night he met him and Brian brought him back to his loft to fuck his brains out all night." Sam said. Justin burst out laughing. Josh hit her hand, and then everyone started laughing. Brian sat up.

 

"That's why I covered Justin's mouth. So that THAT wasn't said." Brian told her. She blew out smoke and smiled at him.

 

"I'm totally aware of that fact and chose to ignore it." Sam said. Brian just rolled his eyes. Sam sat up. "Ok. Everyone's age when they lost their virginities. Derek go." Sam said.

 

"15!" Derek said, making Sawyer, Carver and Josh laugh.

 

"We're not talking about this in front of Ali." Meredith said. Allison rolled her eyes.

 

"Don't worry mother. I don't have an age yet. Calm your hemorrhoids" Allison said. Brian and Justin laughed.

 

"Carver go!" Sam said.

 

"16." Carver said.

 

"18." Julianna said.

 

"18." Meredith said.

 

"15!" Sam yelled proudly.

 

"15." Josh said.

 

"14." Brian said, one upping her. Sam's mouth dropped and she threw a pillow at him.

 

"17. To Mr. Brian Kinney." Justin said, laughing.

 

"I got you all beat. 13." Sawyer said. Everyone just started laughing. The door opened, and all the girls screamed again. Mark walked in, and just stared at them. The girls tried to hide anything they had in their hands. He crossed his arms.

 

"Your mother has asked me to come down here, and ask that you keep your voices down because we're trying to sleep. And that she's going to murder all of you if any of you smell like pot in the morning." Mark said. They all looked around at each other. He held out his hand to Sam. She handed him the blunt, and to everyone's surprise, he took a puff, and slowly blew it out. "Jameson's." he said. They all nodded. "They always did make the best stuff." he said. He handed the joint back to Sam. He looked at Allison. "Is this your first time?" he asked.

 

"Yes Papa." Allison said. He nodded his head. Then he looked at Brian and Justin.

 

"My kids didn't corrupt you two did they?" Mark asked. They shook their heads.

 

"Brian corrupted me years ago." Justin laughed out. Brian smacked him on the head to lay back down. Mark nodded.

 

"Just keep it down. And take showers before she smells you tomorrow." Mark said sternly, and left. They all stared at each other and just burst out laughing. They finished smoking the rest of the joints that were made, ate all the tacos, and soon fell asleep. They all started slowly waking up around 4:00, and heading off to their own beds. Brian and Justin were led down the hall by Derek and Sawyer, since they forgot where their bedroom was.

 

"Now. No fucking in the bedroom. The bed squeaks and my mother will walk in and tell you to keep it down. She's walked in on all of us for being to loud, and she's not afraid." Derek said, pointing to them, and laughing. But Brian and Justin just fell into a deep sleep. They didn't wake up till 10:00 the next morning. They had a bathroom in their room, and showered in there. By the time they came down the stairs, it was past 11:00, and everyone was awake. The adults all looked miserable

 

"Good morning boys. Did you sleep well?" Cynthia asked. They both nodded.

 

"Yes thank you. The bed is so comfortable." Justin said as he yawned. Brian smiled as he looked around.

 

"Why do you all look miserable?" Brian asked.

 

"Well their children started waking up at 7:00 this morning. So of course, I had to wake them up. It is their responsibility to take care of their children!" Cynthia said. Brian noticed that Derek, Meredith, Julianna and Carver all glared at her. Sam came down the stairs at that moment with a towel wrapped around her head.

 

"She made me get up and help her with breakfast. The General is trying to punish us for smoking weed." Sam said, glaring at her mother. Brian just chuckled.

 

"She woke you three up anyways?" Brian asked, referring to Sam, Josh and Sawyer.

 

"Like Sammy said. It was our punishment for smoking in her house." Sawyer said, glaring at his mother. She just smiled.

 

"We're so sorry Cynthia." Justin said. Everyone gasped at him. Derek threw a pillow at him.

 

"Kiss ass. Don't apologize to her." Derek said. Cynthia pointed at him.

 

"You watch your mouth and go take care of your children Derek." Cynthia said.

 

"I paid Ali to do that." Derek said, laying back down on the couch. Brian just chuckled the whole time.

 

"How come you didn't wake us up?" Brian asked. She smiled.

 

"Because I just met my grandson yesterday. You could rob a bank and I'd still say it was someone else's fault." Cynthia said, and stood up, patting his cheek. She turned and looked over at Sam, and pointed to her. "And I know someone let your father have a puff. And I know it was you. And I just know that this whole thing was your idea to go get weed." she said. Sam's face fell.

 

"Why do you always assume it was me?" Sam asked, making everyone laugh. Brian and Justin went over and sat with the adults in the living room.

 

"How are you two just happy and peachy this morning? Aren't you exhausted?" Sawyer asked. Justin and Brian looked at each other, and then burst out laughing. Sam came by and smacked both of them in the heads, and went and sat in Josh's lap.

 

"We're professionals at the staying up all night, partying, and doing more then..." Justin trailed off.

 

"We're seasoned pros at the pharmaceuticals" Brian joked, and smiled at them all.

 

"Where are all the kids?" Justin asked.

 

"T.V. room. Mom bribed them all with candy to make them settle down and watch a movie instead of going outside." Derek said.

 

"Do you boys want some breakfast?" Cynthia asked from the kitchen.

 

"Gus is having the time of his life here." Justin said as he sat on the edge of the pool next to Sam. The kids all wanted to go swimming again, so after Justin and Brian ate breakfast, they all came back outside.

 

"He's definitely one of us. So is Brian." Sam said, as both her Justin turned and saw Brian sitting at the table on the porch. "So are you now." Sam said, nudging his shoulder. He laughed as they turned back to the pool.

 

"I can't believe this. You were my friend. And you were Brian's aunt all along. I just can't even believe this." Justin said. Sam laughed.

 

"Life has a strange way of working itself out." Sam said. Justin looked at her.

 

"Have I told you lately how grateful I am for you." he told her. She turned her face to stare at him. "I had so much to prove when I came to New York. With my art...I had to prove that I was an artist. That I could be successful. That I could make a career out of my passion. That I could fight past my bashing, and beat Chris Hobbs, and be successful" Justin said, looking down at his hand. He looked back at Sam. "I needed to prove that I could live on my own for real. That no one was paying my way. That no one was taking care of me. That I could do this on my own. That I finally grew up. That's what New York was for me." he said. Sam gave him a half smile, and he took a deep breath. "I did everything I wanted. But I was so unhappy. I want to be a successful artist. But I also want to be a husband. I don't want to be alone. And I was so alone there." he whispered.

 

"God don't make me cry Justin." Sam whispered. He chuckled.

 

"The only time I felt even remotely felt happy was when I was with you and Josh. Of course the only time I felt like me was when I was with Brian's family." Justin chuckled. Sam wiped at her eyes. "You changed my life. You and Josh...because I hooked up with Josh, I made a career for myself. And you both kept me from falling completely into a black hole...and you made me realize that I didn't have to choose either or. I could choose Brian and a career. And if I hadn't of met you...we may never have met at all. Brian never would have gone to to the hospital to see Joan, and he wouldn't have found out he was adopted. And he wouldn't have looked for you all. And I may not have been able to figure out my life, and where I need to be. And I may have lost Brian." Justin whispered. Sam wiped her face with both of her hands.

 

"God I told you not to make me cry. I have a reputation of being a badass. Me crying is ruining that whole image." Sam said as she pulled her hands away. She took Justin's left hand in hers and smiled.

 

"I knew that there was much more to you. There was a sadness over you, that it took me seven months to figure out what the hell it was. And it wasn't until I saw Rage, and realized that you were J.T...I knew there was a Rage in Justin Taylor's real life. And I just knew you deserved it. And I love you. Very very much Justin Taylor." Sam said, and kissed his cheek.

 

"What are you two Queens crying about?" Brian asked as he stood there, looking down at them. Both Justin and Sam wiped they're faces. She raised her hand up to him.

 

"Help me up asshole." Sam said. Brian chuckled and pulled her up. She yanked him to lean down, and kissed his cheek. "You love me and you know it." she said. He chuckled when he straightened up. "And I love you to." Sam said, and walked away. Brian looked back at her, and then sat down with Justin.

 

"What was all that about?" Brian asked. Justin chuckled and wiped his face.

 

"I just thanked her for making me realize what I wanted. For being an amazing friend to me." Justin said. Brian smiled at him. Brian wrapped his arm around Justin's shoulder, making him put his head on his shoulder.

 

"Of course her craziness is related to me." Brian grumbled, making Justin laugh. He leaned up and kissed Brian.

 

"I love you and all your craziness." Justin said. Brian leaned back down and kissed him again, deepening it.

 

"EEEWWW!" one of the kids yelled from the pool. Brian and Justin pulled apart, with Justin laughing. Brian spotted which kid it was. All the way at the other side of the pool, staring at them.

 

"Which one are you?" Brian demanded. She rolled her eyes and hopped into the pool.

 

"Oh she's definitely related to you. You both have the same attitude." Justin joked.

 

"That's Chloe." one of the other girls said. Brian and Justin turned and saw one of the older girls laying in a tube by the edge of the pool.

 

"Which one are you?" Brian asked. Justin snorted and she rolled her eyes.

 

"I'm Spencer. And I'm 13. I'm Meredith's daughter. And that's Chloe. She's 7, and she's uncle Derek's daughter. And I wouldn't take it personal that she looks disgusted when you kissed." Spencer said. Brian and Justin glanced at each other. "It's not because you're homosexual. Chloe's at that age where she thinks anyone kissing is groose. Even heterosexuals." she said. Justin laughed at her, and Brian just tilted his head.

 

"You talk like your an adult." Brian said. She smiled.

 

"I'm very advanced for my age." Spencer told them. Justin and Brian chuckled. "And just so you know, none of us care that your gay. The kids think that it's actually cool. Actually the only one who's weirded out is Parker. He's only 13. He's at the age where homosexuality isn't something he understands. He's at the age where all he wants to do is make out with girls and a feel a girls boobs." Spencer said. Justin burst out laughing.

 

"Spencer knock it off. We all know you're the smartest of all grandchildren. Stop showing off." Sawyer said, sitting next to Justin. "She skipped the 7th grade." Sawyer told them.

 

"Great. Another smartass." Brian joked. Spencer smiled at him.

 

"I could help you with your advertising company." Spencer said. Justin burst out laughing.

 

"What the hell could you help me with?" Brian asked, flabbergasted at her. She moved her arms in the water to bring her closer to the three men.

 

"I've helped uncle Sawyer with some of his campaigns." Spencer said. Justin and Brian looked at him and he smiled.

 

"Spence is right. Sometimes I need a teenagers point of view. But more of a smarter then the average teenagers point of view." Sawyer told them.

 

"He thinks I'm a dumb blonde and only asks me my opinion on makeup and clothes." Allison said as she swam closer. She to was sitting in a tube, but had Gus in her lap.

 

"Hey there Sonny Boy. Having fun?" Brian asked.

 

"I love it here daddy." Gus said.

 

"Yeah I don't think we're gonna be able to take him back home tomorrow." Justin joked. Allison wrapped her arm around his stomach.

 

"Your so not taking my buddy back with you. He's staying here with me." Allison said. Justin and Sawyer laughed.

 

"Yeah you can deal with his mothers on that one. Good luck with the butch husband." Brian said. Justin smacked his arm.

 

"You can come back with us Ali." Gus said. Justin smiled and nudged Brian's shoulder.

 

"I'll pay you to take her Brian!" Carver called from the table. Meredith threw an empty water bottle at him.

 

"HEY!" Derek called form the shallow end. "You're not sending my babysitter off to another state!" Derek yelled, making the adults laugh.

 

"I think you've made a great friend there Gus." Justin said. Gus leaned back against Alison.

 

"I don't want to leave tomorrow." Gus said sadly. Justin made a sad face, and Brian laughed at Justin, turning back to Gus.

 

"Well the great thing about technology Sonny Boy, is that anytime you want to talk to them, you can just give them a call." Brian said.

 

"And I have all Apple products so you can FaceTime me anytime you want Gussy." Allison said.

 

"And they'll be there at the wedding." Brian said. Gus sat up, excited.

 

"You are?" he asked. She nodded. "I'm gonna be the ring bearer. I get to bring my daddies the rings." Gus said excitedly

 

"Oh my God. You are gonna be the cutest Ringer Bearer ever Gussy." Allison told him. She looked around. "Much cuter then Parker at auntie Sammy and uncle Josh's wedding." she joked.

 

"I want to be the Flower Girl." one of the little girls said.

 

"NO I DO!" Chloe yelled back at her.

 

"Zoey and Chloe knock it off." Carver groaned.

 

"I actually have J.R. as the Flower Girl. She can walk now, and Mel and Linds are trying to teach her how to throw flowers out, but I don't know if she'll actually be able to do it." Justin chuckled. Brian looked over at him.

 

"Are you seriously having a Flower Girl?" Brian asked. Justin looked at him, and then leaned back.

 

"I already told you this. Twice." Justin said.

 

"I thought you were joking." Brian argued. Justin chuckled and shook his head.

 

"You could actually have multiple Flower Girls. Zoey and Chloe were so little at my wedding. They managed to get some flowers out, but were really just led to the front by Ali, Mackenzie and a few of Josh's nieces. I had these pretty little hot pink wagon for them to sit in because they were so little. Flower Girls are mainly there to look pretty and make everyone ooh and aww." Sam said as she started getting into the pool. Ali whipped her head over to look at Justin.

 

"I'm 16 years old now. I'm to old to be a Flower Girl. So don't even think about asking." Ali said. Justin chuckled and held up his hands.

 

"But you'd look so cute with the frilly dress and pretty pink basket." Brian joked. She splashed him with some water.

 

"Oh we're not doing pink. That's way to gay." Justin joked.

 

"My colors were hot pink and orange. So hot." Sam said.

 

"Of course she'd pick something loud and obnoxious" Brian said.

 

"Yeah but she actually made it work. Sammy's wedding was amazing." Sawyer said. Sam smiled at Brian.

 

"Well I actually went back and forth with this. But I'm actually doing yellow, black and purple. Well more like gold. And the black will make the purple and gold pop whenever you see it. I only wanted to do purple because me and Daphne found this amazing dress for her to wear. She's my fag hag of honor. And I don't want to hear any jokes about purple being THE official gay color." Justin laughed.

 

"Please don't tell me that's what your announcing her as." Josh laughed. Justin shook his head.

 

"She's technically the maid of honor. But we all know it's more like fag hag of honor." Justin said. Sam shook her head.

 

"I need another wine cooler." Sam said as she swam and got out of the pool.

 

"So how many from your side will be coming?" Justin asked Sawyer.

 

"17!" Spencer answered for him. Sawyer laughed.

 

"How many do you think from Teresa's side?" Justin asked. Sawyer opened his eyes wide and looked at Spencer.

 

"Give me a moment. Her oldest sibling is five years older then her, and started having kids a few years after Brian was born. And six of her siblings had six kids each. And some of them are married and have children." Spencer said.

 

"Great." Brian grumbled

 

"I assume even the little kids are invited?" Spencer asked. Justin nodded. "And are we talking just Teresa's parents, brothers and sisters, and their children? Along with spouses and they're children? No one like Genevieve and Robert's extended family?" Spencer asked.

 

"Oh Jesus." Brian said covering his face. Justin laughed.

 

"We just want to keep it as simple as possible." Justin said.

 

"83." Spencer said. Brian's hand fell. "But then you have 4 of them that are engaged, so it's only proper that they come. And then there are 11 of them that are our of high school that have boyfriends and girlfriends. So it's proper etiquette that since they're adults, they be allowed to invite they're significant other also." Spencer said, smiling.

 

"Are you fucking kidding me?" Brian demanded. Sawyer and Spencer laughed.

 

"Oh. My. God." Justin said.

 

"That's 100 extra place settings without the fiance's, boyfriends and girlfriends." Spencer said. Brian covered his face.

 

"I don't have that many people on my side." Justin said, looking over at Brian's face, which had gone white.

 

"He probably needs a paper bag to breathe into." Spencer said.

 

"Yeah he'll use it on you." Ali joked, splashing her with water.

 

"Brian are you ok?" Justin asked.

 

"It's really ok. You can do something to minimize it. Kids don't have to come." Sawyer said.

 

"HA HA THEY'RE DISINVITING YOU!" Derek yelled at Allison.

 

"Or kids under a certain age." Sawyer said.

 

"No we couldn't do that." Justin said, turning back to Brian. "Brian are you ok?" he asked.

 

"I have 100 relatives?" Brian asked.

 

"Actually you have more. Both of our families have aunts and uncles on our grandparents side, and are very close. But both families thought it was easier to just start with the immediate family, and then branch out later on." Spencer said.

 

"Alright I think you've scared him enough. Your scary deed for the day is done." Sawyer said as he pushed Spencer's tube away, making her giggle.

 

"I'm going to meet 83 family members this weekend?" Brian asked.

 

"Well actually you already know your mom and grandparents. And you've met your aunt Angela and uncle Robert. So technically you only have to meet 78 of them." Justin said, trying to make him feel better. But as soon as it was out of his mouth, he knew it wouldn't. Brian just glared at him. "Well Teresa said Thursday night your grandmother was making dinner, and only Teresa's brothers and sisters and in-laws would be there. So you only have to meet..wait there will be 14 of the aunts and uncles so you only have to meet 12 of them." Justin said. Brian just glared at him. "And then Friday your cousins that are married are coming over. So you can meet them...and then on Saturday all the kids will be there. So you can spread it out for three days." Justin said. Brian just continued to glare at him.

 

"I don't think you're making him feel better." Sawyer told him.

 

"Gus will be there." Justin said, trying to smile.

 

"You hear that Gussy? You're going to have 83 more family members to meet. And they have a ton of little kids just your age." Ali said, smiling at Brian. Brian pointed at Ali.

 

"I don't like her anymore." Brian said. Justin took his hand and held it, chuckling.

 

"SAWYER!" Sam screamed from inside the house. He turned his head as she walked outside.

 

"WHAT?" Sawyer asked.

 

"We're out of wine coolers. Go get me some more. It's your turn." Sam whined. Sawyer rolled his eyes and stood up.

 

"I'll be back. Anyone need anything?" Sawyer asked.

 

"Some more rolling papers." Brian joked as he stood up. "I'll go with you." Brian found himself saying before he could stop himself. Sawyer smiled.

 

"Come on." Sawyer said. Brian nodded and bent down next to Justin.

 

"Need anything while I'm out?" Brian asked. Justin smiled and shook his head, and then kissed him.

 

"You gonna be ok by yourself?" Justin asked. Brian chuckled.

 

"You have to ask that? I'm only with one person."

 

"Yeah but one person is hard for you." Justin joked.

 

"What about you being here all by yourself with all these people?" Brian joked back. Justin just smiled.

 

"They're your family. And they're gonna be mine once we say 'I do'. I'll be fine here. I have Gus." Justin whispered. Brian gave him one more kiss and left. Justin smiled as he watched them leave.

 

"Geez you look so hopelessly in love it's sickening." Josh joked. Justin laughed and rolled his eyes.

 

"I think it's sweet." Ali said.

 

"You seem like your handling being here pretty well." Sawyer said as he pulled out of the driveway.

 

"Yeah it's much better then I expected. Your families very..." Brian trailed off.

 

"Interesting?" Sawyer joked. Brian nodded his head.

 

"Sam's a trip. She was definitely a character when I met her in New York when me and Justin were packing up his things." Brian said.

 

"I still can't believe that she already met you. Things like that always seem to happen around her." Sawyer said, amazed. They drove in silence for a moment. "Everyone is just attached to Gus. I don't think the kids are going to be able to let him leave tomorrow." Sawyer joked. Brian snorted.

 

"I think I'll have to bring him back up here before the wedding so he can see them." Brian said.

 

"I wouldn't mind that. I figure I'm gonna have to plan a few trips to come visit him to." Sawyer said, looking at Brian. "If that's ok with you." Sawyer said. Brian chuckled.

 

"He has a grandpa now. I don't think your gonna be able to stay away from him for long without him calling and begging you to come visit him." Brian joked. "He really likes you." Brian said. Sawyer smiled.

 

"I've been spoiling nieces and nephews for 16 years now...to have a grandson...it's an amazing feeling." Sawyer said. Brian nodded. "Everyone loves Justin." Sawyer said. Brian snorted.

 

"Yeah no one can hate Sunshine." Sawyer said.

 

"Everyone can notice how much he loves you." Sawyer said. Brian nodded his head. "When I told them how Justin was the one the found me and Teresa...and how he came to make sure that we weren't going to hurt you...we're all impressed by him. He's truly an amazing human being. And he's only 23 years old." Sawyer chuckled.

 

"I wouldn't be who I am today if it wasn't for that persistent little twat." Brian joked. Sawyer laughed.

 

"They like you to." he said, looking at Brian. "I hope that you feel at home enough to come back and visit a lot. And I hope you consider us family." Sawyer told him. Brian looked out the window. "I know this has been really fast for you...and we can't make up 35 years in just a few days...but I hope this is the start of making things better." Sawyer said. Brian didn't know how to reply to that. "I'm sorry you know...for giving you up." Sawyer said. Brian looked at him, as he kept his face straight ahead, staring at the road. "I know it's not a good excuse. But I was a scared 13 year old. We both were. And the only reason I did it, was because I thought I was doing what was best for you...I've regretted it since I made the decision to give you up, even before you were born...if I could take it back..." Sawyer trailed off.

 

"You shouldn't hold on to that you know. Shouldn't waste your time on regretting your life for me." Brian said. He snorted. "I'm definitely not worth all that." Brian said. Sawyer took a deep breath.

 

"It's sad that you don't think you are." Sawyer said. Brian wouldn't dare look at him. "Those mother fuckers who raised you made you think that you weren't..." Sawyer said. Before he could keep going, his cell phone rang.

 

"Call from Teresa." the car said. He laughed and hit a button on his steering wheel.

 

"Hello darling." Sawyer said, like Brian says to Daphne.

 

"Oh my God you are not going to fucking believe what I just got from Melanie." Teresa said into the phone. Brian and Sawyer looked at each other.

 

"The lesbian Melanie? Like Gus' mother Melanie?" Brian asked.

 

"Where are you?" Teresa asked.

 

"Me and Brian are driving to the liquor store."

 

"Well yes. YoureMelanie. She delivered some papers to my house a little while ago. Craig is suing me because I fucking hit him." Teresa said. Brian burst out laughing. "Is he fucking laughing at me?" Teresa demanded. Sawyer smiled. "I'm going to go over to his house and kick his fucking balls in."

 

"Don't worry about him. Let Melanie deal with him. It's just another thing to add to the custody suit. I'll take care of this." Brian told her.

 

"How can you just be so fucking casual? You were ready the other night to rip his head off." Teresa asked.

 

"Trust me I want to. But getting all upset over that asshole is wasting your energy. Don't waste a single moment worrying about him. The judge already saw first hand what he's capable of. And now coming by two houses drunk. Butchy Mel can take care of this very easily. So stop worrying." Brian told her. She huffed into the phone.

 

"I have never been sued in my life. And my fucking son says take it easy." Teresa says. Sawyer just chuckled.

 

"I told you not to worry. Melanie already said she and Brian would take care of this." they heard Genevieve say.

 

"Hi Genevieve." Sawyer said.

 

"Ma Sawyer says hi." Teresa said. They heard some scuffling.

 

"Hi sweetie. How is everything going?" Genevieve asked.

 

"Really great. Me and Brain are headed to the liquor store. Sam ran out of her wine coolers." Sawyer joked.

 

"Well hello Brian. Are you having a good time?" she asked. He shifted around in his seat.

 

"Yes. It's been...a lot of fun." Brian said. Sawyer chuckled. "Gus and Justin are a hit. They're having the time of their life." Brian told her.

 

"Well I'm so glad. Cynthia and Mark are an absolute joy to be around. And how about you? How are you doing?" she asked. Brian actually smiled.

 

"I'm doing fine." Brian told her. They heard some noise in the background.

 

"OUCH TED!" someone yelled. Brian squinted.

 

"Is that Michael?" Brian asked.

 

"Oh let me get that." Genevieve said. They heard some scuffling and Teresa laughing.

 

"Oh he's fine. Michael knocked over a pitcher of lemonade onto Ted." Teresa said.

 

"What the hell is Michael and Theodore doing there?" Brian demanded.

 

"Well Melanie to. All three of them are here. With the most precious baby girl." Teresa said in a baby voice.

 

"J.R.'s there to?" Sawyer asked.

 

"What are they all doing there?" Brian demanded.

 

"Well Melanie was at Kinnetik. She was meeting Michael there, to go out to lunch with Ted. But once she got the papers, she decided to drop them off to me. And Ted and Michael came along for the ride. So we're all having lunch together. Aren't we pretty girl?" Teresa asked. They could hear J.R. in the background laughing.

 

"My friends? Are at your house?" Brian asked. Sawyer just laughed.

 

"Hey Brian. Your grandparents are amazing. Your grandmothers an amazing cook." Michael said. Brian scrubbed his face. "Are you having a good time?" Michael asked. Brian snorted.

 

"Your having lunch at my grandparents house?" Brian asked.

 

"Yeah. Kind of a spur of the moment thing." Michael said. Then Brian understood. Michael wasn't exactly angry that all their friends met Sawyer, Teresa, Genevieve and Robert before him. He was hurt. So, Michael was getting himself invited, without being invited over. He wasn't mad at Michael. He just laughed.

 

"Alright. I get it." Brian told him.

 

"They're amazing Brian." Michael said sincerely.