Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

Sam and Josh meet Brian for the first time; meanwhile, the two men try their best to continue their subterfuge.

 

 

"What do you mean, I have to give the presentation by myself? Where the hell are you going?" Ted demanded. Justin snickered as he listened to him. He was hiding in the bathroom so Ted didn't know he was here. He remembered the conversation that he and Brian had just a few hours ago in bed, after they had made love for the fifth time.


Flashback...

 

"They're all going to flip when they see you. I don't know who's going to scream louder, Debbie or Emmett." Brian laughed. He had his arm wrapped around Justin, with the blond's head lying on Brian's shoulder.

 

"We should totally surprise them. Get them all together and I can just like pop out at them. Debbie and Emmett will have heart attacks. My mom's going to cry." Justin laughed. He sat up a little, looking up at Brian. "When are Mel and Lindsay coming home?" Justin asked.

 

"They should get here this Wednesday."

 

"We could do it next Friday, then. Give them some time to adjust. Not too long, of course. We have to plan something," Justin said, getting excited.

 

Brian sat up and grabbed his phone.  "Let me see your phone," he requested.

 

Justin leaned down and grabbed his phone, but eyed Brian's phone in his lap. He looked at the screen to see what Brian was doing to his phone.  "Plane tickets?" Justin asked.

 

"We can go back to New York tomorrow and start packing your stuff. Hopefully if we work tomorrow and all day Sunday, we can have it ready by Monday, and we'll have a moving company come get it. We'll fly back Monday or Tuesday, and I'll help Mel and Linds move into their house...well, watch everyone help them. And I'll tell them all to get their asses to Britin Friday night; no excuses," Brian said.

 

"Okay. So why are you using my credit card to buy our tickets?" Justin asked.

 

"Because when I call Ted to tell him to pick up all this crap for the meeting tomorrow, he's gonna check my credit card to see where I'm going. If he sees that I'm heading to New York, and with someone, he's going to get suspicious. If I don't use my cards at all, and pay for everything in cash, the little fucker won't let anyone know that you're back," he told him.

 

"Do you even have that much cash just lying around?" Justin asked.

 

"Of course I do," he said. He finished with Justin's phone and picked up his own. He was smiling and laughing at the fact that he was calling Ted at 4:00 in the morning. "Theodore. I need you to come by the loft," Brian said. 

 

End Flashback...


 

"This account has to be done by you! I can't do this! You can't let me do this. I can cost this company five million dollars! No fucking way am I letting you dump this on me, only to blame me in the end," Ted yelled.

 

"Theodore. I trust you. You can do this. I've already called them, and let them know to go easy on you. That you're the best man that I have. And I'll be available by phone by the time the meeting is done, and can fill in any of the blanks for them," he said as he packed his suitcase.

 

"Where the fuck are you going, Brian?" Ted demanded.

 

"On a fun little holiday down in Cancun. I heard of this gay nude beach. All the young cocks and asses. I'm getting a hard on just thinking about it," Brian said. Justin just smiled.

 

"You're not...you're not sick again, are you, Brian? The last time you took off like this, you lied about where you were going, because you had surgery. Look, Brian, you can tell me the truth. I kept my word about not telling, and I won't tell this time, either. I can cover for you.  Just tell me the truth, so I can help you this time," Ted said. He sounded so worried.

 

Justin shook his head. That wasn't fair to Ted. He stood up, ready to walk out of the bathroom, when he heard Brian talking again.

 

"Thank you, Theodore. For being such a great friend. Because you really have been a great friend. And I'm lucky to have you at my company, because I know I can trust you. I never have to worry when I have you. And, no. It's not cancer. I promise. I was even at the doctor last month. I'm still cancer free," Brian said. Justin smiled again. It was so unlike Brian to be that nice to someone other than he.

 

"Alright. That's good. I'm glad...SO WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU GOING?" He yelled. Justin put his hand over his mouth to keep from laughing.

 

"Theodore. There's something that I need to do. By the time the meeting is over, I can talk to our clients and answer any questions that they have. Take the presentation, and get the fuck out of the loft," Brian said as Justin heard him zip up his suitcase. He heard him rush Ted out and lock the door. Justin came out, and Brian was laughing evilly.

 

Justin jumped into his arms and kissed him.  "That was totally hot," Justin said. Brian laughed and went over to the window to watch Ted leave.

 

"Who do you think he's calling?" Justin asked.

 

"Emmett and Michael. He's gonna send them here to look for me," Brian said, as he watched a black car pull up behind Ted as he left. He turned around and grabbed his suitcase. "We have to leave now, because Michael will be on his way to check on me, and then he'll go up to the airport hoping to catch me. And if they're smart, they'll send Emmett straight to the airport while Michael looks here," he said. They left quickly, and got into the black car.

 

"You are so totally hot when you get all bossy and sneaky like this," Justin said, kissing his lips. Brian smiled. As soon as they got to the airport and checked in, Brian's cell started ringing. It was Michael.  "Hello, Mikey," Brian said.

 

"Are you at the airport?" Michael asked. Justin leaned in close to listen, and he snickered.

 

"I see Theodore called you," Brian said as they got into the security line.

 

"I'm at your loft. So I assume you left right after Ted. And by all the noise, I take it you're already there. Listen, Emmett's already there; he's running in. Will you just stop and talk to us? Where are you going?" Michael asked. Justin looked around for Emmett.

 

"Where is he?" Brian asked.

 

"He already parked Carl's car. He's just running around departures, looking for you," Michael said.

 

Brian and Justin looked around wildly. He reached into his pocket and thrust his wallet at Justin, and covered the phone.  "Start handing that cash out, so we can cut in line. Emmett's gonna see us," he hissed. They would be there at least ten minutes. Emmett was definitely going to catch them. "Listen, Mikey.  This isn't a big deal. I just need a little mini vacation. I promise I'm fine," Brian said, aggravated. Emmett would blab about this instantly.

 

"Listen, we're all worried about you. You've been depressed since Justin left. We can't say anything because we know you'll be upset. But are you going after Justin? Are you going to ask him to not go to Italy?" Michael asked.

 

Brian stopped moving. "That's why Emmett's coming to get me? To stop me from stopping Justin?" Brian asked.

 

"You know he'll stay if you ask him to. But we both know that you'll hate yourself for asking him. Let him go on tour. It's what he wants. He has to figure out where he belongs. And if you make that decision for him, you'll both be wondering what if. He needs to realize where he belongs. Let him come back to you, Brian," Michael said. He felt Justin grab his arm.

 

"Come on, the security guard is gonna let us through now," Justin whispered.

 

"Mikey, I have to go. But I promise you. I'm not going there to ask him to stay. I'm not going to New York," he lied about the last part before hanging up.

 

Justin grabbed him and yanked him towards the front and started taking his jacket off and pulling his shoes off.  "Thanks ma'am," Justin said to the woman he was cutting in front of.  Justin went through security, and Brian was going through the scanner, when he heard Emmett.

 

 

"BRIAN KINNEY!" Emmett yelled.

 

Brian turned around and looked at him.

 

"YOU GET YOUR FUCKING ASS BACK HERE THIS INSTANT, OR I WILL CRAWL OVER ALL THESE PEOPLE TO STOP YOU!" Emmett yelled.

 

 Brian laughed and turned around. He went through the metal detector and then turned around again.  "SORRY EMMY LOU!" He yelled. He turned around and saw Justin ducking behind some chairs.

 

"He's gonna fucking see me," Justin hissed. He was trying to put his shoes back on while crouching down.

 

"STOP THAT STUPID, HOMOSEXUAL MAN!" They heard Emmett yell.

 

Brian grabbed his stuff and put it back on. He watched the crowd, and waited for the right moment, and yanked Justin up and went running. They waited till there was no way Emmett could see them, and stopped and started laughing.

 

"Stop that stupid, homosexual man? What the hell?" Justin laughed. He wiped his face of tears. "Oh, my God, I've missed Emmett so much! Stupid, homosexual man. Who the fuck says that?" he laughed.

 

Brian leaned in and kissed him. He pulled back and Justin stared at him.

 

"What was that for?" he asked.

 

"Because I've missed the sound of your laugh more than I can ever describe," he said. Justin smiled. They walked to their gate and boarded their plane.

 

 

"What did Michael say? You seemed startled," Justin asked.

 

"He thought I was going to New York to ask you to come home," Brian said. Justin looked up at him. "He knows you would stay, but then we'd both be wondering if you made the right decision. And that you needed to figure out on your own, without me asking you, where you wanted to be," Brian said.

 

Justin smiled, and picked up Brian's hand.  "Well, Michael was right. You are going to New York. And I had to make that decision on my own. And I made the right one. I chose you," Justin said.

 

Brian leaned down and kissed him. "I need to video chat Cynthia before we take off," he said and called her. He made sure the phone only showed him, and Cynthia popped up on the screen, with her hair all crazy and no makeup.

 

"Jesus, Brian! I'm trying to get ready for that damn meeting. What did you do to Teddy? I've gotten like a million missed calls from him, and a gazillion texts. I've told him not to bother me before I've had my coffee, the little fucker. And where the hell are you? Are you on a fucking plane?" Cynthia demanded.

 

Brian laughed. "How would you like to do me a favor? One that goes on behind Ted's back?" Brian asked.

 

Cynthia smiled. "Oh, boss, I'd love that! I love making Ted all squirmy and agitated. What do I have to do?" she asked.

 

"I need you to make sure our cleaning service gets out to Britin, and gets the whole house cleaned from top to bottom. And get the main room set up to have a nice dinner. Put a bar in there, too. And whatever you do, do NOT let Ted know. Explain to Gloria that they will get paid the following Monday. And if they keep it quiet they'll each get a thousand dollar bonus," Brian said.

 

"Absolutely. But isn't that the house that..." she trailed off.

 

"Yes, it is. I'm opening it up. I want the cleaning to be done and the tables, chairs, and bar inside by Monday night. If Ted happens to somehow find out, I want you to lie and say that I'm selling it and I just want it cleaned up," Brian said.

 

"Ok. But why are you doing this? And where are you going?"

 

"I'm going to New York. Which is also top secret. So don't tell anyone," he said sternly.

 

"Brian. Are you going to get Justin back?" she asked.

 

Brian looked over at Justin. "Actually, Cynthia, I'm not going to go get him," he said.

 

Justin moved his head into the screen.  "I went and got him," Justin said.

 

Cynthia screamed.  "OH, MY GOD!" Cynthia cried out.

 

Justin waved to her and laughed.

 

"Alright, get to work. And make sure Ted finds nothing out. I have to go," Brian said. Cynthia waved as he hung up. They were in the air in no time, and Justin stared out the window. "Second thoughts?" Brian asked.

 

Justin looked over at him.

 

"The adrenaline is finally washing off once I've had a moment to sit down. Second thoughts aren't entering my mind. Knowing I'm happy coming home is a relief. Every time I thought about you, I would feel like there's this elephant stomping on my chest. I haven't had a good night's sleep since I left..." Justin trailed off.

 

"But?" Brian asked.

 

Justin looked up at him doubtfully. "I left you, Brian...we both left with saying we don't want to be with someone who's sacrificing who they are and what they want," he said. He stared at Brian. "I went to New York. I conquered it and proved that I am somebody. I proved that I can make it on my own. I also proved that if you don't have love in your life, all the money and paintings in the world mean nothing. I want to come back home. But what about you?" Justin asked.

 

"What about me?"                                                        

 

"You're Brian Fucking Kinney," Justin whispered, leaning into him. "I don't want to turn you into someone that you're not, because that's what I want. I don't want to make you sacrifice. I don't want to force you into marrying me, and have you be miserable because you can't fuck any other guy. I don't want you to feel obligated. We love each other. We both know that. I know you love me. And that's enough for me," he said.

 

Brian looked ahead for a minute, and then turned back. "So, you're giving me an out. That's basically what you're saying? We can live together, be partners...but if I still want to fuck a guy, I can," Brian stated.

 

Justin nodded slowly.

 

"So, basically it's what we were before, except in a house, not a loft," Brian said.

 

Justin snorted and looked out the window again.

 

Brian reached over and pulled on his chin, making Justin look at him. "Thank you. For giving me an out. But like I said, I've had time to think while you were gone. About what I wanted. About what I needed. And I don't want to go back to how things used to be. Because that didn't work for us. And by not getting married, and letting me fuck around is you sacrificing again. And we're not going forward with either of us sacrificing something," Brian told him. He could feel Justin start to shake. "I meant when I asked you to marry me. I don't look at it as an obligation, because when have I ever fucking done something I didn't want to?" Brian asked, making Justin chuckle.  "No matter what the reasons are, I still choose to do whatever it is that I want to. I want to marry you. I want you as my husband. For the rest of our lives. And I promise you, that I'm never fucking around on you. Ever. And I don't feel like it's a sacrifice. Because if I ever feel like I'm struggling...if I see a hot guy I wanna fuck...I remember that feeling I got in the car when I heard about the bombing. How all I could wish was that you weren't hurt," Brian said. Justin stared at him.

 

"I made a choice that night. I was either going to spend the rest of my life with you, or I was going to die with you," he said. Justin's eyes furrowed in confusion. "I was going to spend the rest of my life with you, if you survived. And if you didn't...I was going to follow you," Brian admitted.

 

Justin's eyes filled with tears and he shook his head.

 

He grabbed Justin's hand and squeezed it. "I want to marry you. Not just to make you happy, but to make me happy. Being with you...really being with you, would make me happy," he said.

 

Justin kissed him. "I love you," he whispered.

 

"Jesus, are you gonna make me tell you I love you every five fucking seconds?" Brian demanded, making Justin laugh. "I love you, too," Brian said. He brushed some of Justin's hair out of his eyes. "And I'm glad you're coming back home," Brian said as he wrapped his arm around Justin's shoulder. Justin ended up dozing on his shoulder, and the short plane ride was even quicker. Brian now realized how tired the both of them were. Once Justin had come back, they had stayed in bed all night fucking. Well, to Justin it was making love. And to be honest with himself, he to felt it was more than fucking. It was making love. He even let Justin top him.

 

He had only let Justin fuck him a few times. But last night he couldn't help himself. He had to feel Justin inside him. Of course, he had to be inside Justin over and over again that night. To claim his man. Remind Justin what it was like being with him. The last time they were together was right when he was leaving. It was a sad goodbye. It was emotional. And he had wondered if he would ever make love to his blond sunshine again.

 

Last night was a different kind of emotional. It was happy. It was relief. They were back together. And he hoped it was for good this time. In the back of his mind he was worried, though. He was worried that Justin wouldn't be happy with him. That he would miss the art world, and need it back. He hoped that he was enough for Justin.

 

The plane landed, and he shook Justin awake. Justin looked around, like he was confused.  "You okay there, Sunshine?" Brian asked.

 

"Yeah, I'm just exhausted. All I want to do is sleep," he said, yawning.  "Someone kept me awake all night." Justin joked, making Brian smile. He turned his phone back on a read his text messages. "Hey, we don't have to catch a cab. Sam said she would pick us up and drive us back to my loft," he said.

 

Brian nodded his head. He had heard a lot about Josh and Sam over the past few months. And after what Justin told him last night, he had every reason to thank this girl for getting Justin to come back home to him. They were waiting for Brian's suitcase when he heard someone yelling Justin's name. This brunette girl came running over to them and jumped into Justin's arms.

 

"Welcome back, Sunshine!" she said and pulled back. "My God, I see why they all call you Sunshine! Your smile is contagious," she said. She looked at Brian. "You were right. Rage IS a hottie," she joked, making them both laugh. "It's nice to finally meet you." she said, leaning forward and startling Brian as she gave him a hug. He had to lean down, because she was a little bit shorter then Justin. She pulled back and smiled. "Josh has the car outside waiting for you. Now he's young and blonde, too. Has the cutest bubble butt like Sunshine here. But don't be getting any ideas, Mr. Kinney. He's totally obsessed with my boobs." She said, making them both laugh.

 

"I like this girl," Brian told Justin. They started following Sam outside.

 

"Well I can't help that I'm just that freaken awesome. I was so excited when you texted me this morning to tell me you were moving back. I love your cute bubble butt, but seriously! I can't stand being dragged to your art shows," she said dramatically, making Brian snort.

 

"She's exactly like you described her," Brian told Justin in his ear.

 

Justin smiled at him. They were brought over to a black SUV, and she opened the trunk in the back.

 

"So there's my dumbass artist who decided to leave me to go back to the Pitts," a guy said jokingly. Justin smiled, and Brian knew this was Josh. Josh put his hand out. "You're Brian Kinney. I'm Josh Fitzgerald," he said. Brian shook it. Josh stared at him, and then back at Sam. "Oh, my God! He looks like the spitting image of your brother!" Josh said.

 

Sam laughed. "I know, right? I said the same thing." she said.

 

"Nice to meet you," Brian said politely.

 

"Oh, honey. Justin can't help but leave us for Brian. If you were gay, wouldn't you have the hots for Brian? Look at him. Brian, turn around and show him your ass," Sam called out, making Justin burst out laughing as he put Brian's suitcase in the back.

 

"It's true; I do have a nice ass," Brian joked.

 

"I feel like this conversation is going to start to turn uncomfortable, so can you just throw my wife in the car already?" Josh told Justin.

 

"He would never. Come on, let me drive," Sam said, holding her hands out for the keys.

 

"With your Boston road rage in New York traffic? Go fuck yourself. Get in the car," Josh said, walking over to the driver's side. Sam scoffed and hopped into the front seat.

 

"I told you you would love them. Even if they're total heteros," Justin joked, opening the back door so he could slide in. Brian slid in next to him.

 

"Hey, now, I heard that!  And the three of us are all on the same side. We all like dick. It's Josh that's the odd man out. Can't get enough of the vag," Sam said.

 

"My God, I live with you, and I still can't believe you sometimes!  How the hell do you still shock me after all these years?" Josh asked, pulling out.

 

"How many years have you been married?" Brian couldn't help but asking.

 

"Since we were 22. We're both 28 now. His parents wanted us to finish college first, blah, blah, blah. Then we got hitched and here we were. But we've actually known each other since birth. Our moms were best friends, and had us a couple of months apart. So he's been obsessed with me his whole life." she said, tickling Josh's ear. He laughed and rolled his eyes. "It's really cute. I was his first kiss. I was the first girl who let him feel their boobs. The first girl he played doctor with. The girl he lost his virginity to. It's totally sweet, " she said, plopping her feet on the dashboard.

 

"You know I seem to remember that those were all firsts for you, too. You've never had sex with any other guy," Josh said.

 

Sam rolled her eyes. "That you know of," she said.

 

Justin laughed out loud and she turned around. "My gosh, have you ever seen this kid smile so much?" she asked Josh. He shook his head. She leaned further over so she could see Brian's face. "So tell me about your aversion to heterosexuals. It totally fascinates me," she asked. Justin laughed and rubbed his face.

 

"I told you she was ‘in your face' crazy. Has no filter on her mouth. Just like you. I told you that even though she's a straight girl, you'd totally get along with her," Justin said.

 

"Aww, you're too sweet, Sunshine!  Now tell me. You do like me. Can't help yourself. I mean, we have a lot in common. We both like guys. But can you blame that guy...,"she said, pointing to Josh. "...for loving me? I mean, I am hot. And have the hottest rack. I am every straight guy's wet dream. Someone had to take me," she said, smiling.

 

"Yes, some straight guy had to take pity on you," Josh said.

 

Sam smacked him.  "Okay, okay. Tell me all about how much you love our precious Justin here. And how you're going to take good care of him when you whisk him away from New York," she said.

 

Brian chuckled, and he noticed Justin blush. Brian wrapped his arm around Justin's shoulder, pulling him close.  "I'm going to take very good care of Mr. Taylor here. Don't you worry about that," Brian said sincerely.

 

"Good. Because all jokes aside, we all know what a special guy he is. I like this happy version of Justin much better than the sad version. So keep that sunshiny smile on his face, and I won't kick you in the balls for breaking his heart," she said, and smiled.

 

Josh snorted.  "I wanted a nice, sweet wife. Dainty and feminine. Classy and eloquent. Instead, I get that," Josh joked.

 

Sam turned around and punched him, making them all laugh. He leaned over and kissed her.

 

"Well, we got some boxes for you, so you can start packing. And Josh said if you wanted, you could still keep painting and we'd have your art shipped up here so he can still display it," she said.

 

"We'll discuss all that later. You look tired, and I'm sure someone's incessant talking is sending your brain in a tailspin," Josh said.

 

Justin laughed and Sam hit Josh again.  "Thanks, Josh. I appreciate everything you've done for me. I'm just sorry about leaving like this," Justin said.

 

Josh laughed. "No, you're not. I've never seen you look so happy. You're not sorry in the slightest bit. And it's perfectly fine. I do happen to love someone, too. Although I can't imagine why I love her," he said bitterly, causing Sam to hit him again and making them all laugh. "It's really all fine. Everything works out for a reason," Josh said.

 

Brian's cell started ringing.  "Great it's Theodore." Brian said.

 

Justin leaned forward.  "Don't say anything. We're not telling anyone that were back together," he said.

 

"I love Mission Impossible," Sam whispered.

 

"Theodore," Brian answered. "That's very good. I told you that you could do it...I'm at a layover in Chicago...I'll be home in a few days. I'll be available by cell phone all the time...No, I'm not sick, you fucking piece of shit. And I know you told Michael and Queen Emmy. He started screaming in the airport. Do you want to lose your fucking job? No, didn't think so. So calm the fuck down, and enjoy your weekend. I'm fine. I'm not in New York. I'm allowed to spend a few fucking days away from all of you, with none of you knowing where I am. If you bother me again with something that's not work related, I'm gonna chop your fucking balls off and feed them to all the Queers in the Diner," Brian said, hanging up. They were all looking at him.

 

"Alright. I like this guy," Sam said. They ended up dropping the boys off at Justin's loft, and they dragged the boxes and Brian's suitcase into the elevator, and into his loft. Brian stood in the center of the room and looked around. He turned to Justin, and Justin blushed.  "This looks like my loft," Brian said.

 

Justin scrubbed his face with his hands.  "I know. When I found it, I couldn't help it. It just reminded me of home so much. But there's this door over there; that's where I have my studio," Justin said, pointing to the other part of the room. Brian walked over to it, and Justin took that moment to walk into his room. He realized he was still wearing the same clothes as he was yesterday. He stood in front of the bed and felt the exhaustion start to take a hold of him. He took his shoes and socks off and started unbuttoning his shirt, when he felt Brian wrap his arms around him and still his hands. He felt shivers as Brian kissed his neck. Justin tilted his head back on Brian's shoulder. "I've missed you." Justin whispered.

 

Brian turned Justin around in his arms, and started unbuttoning Justin's shirt for him. Then Justin yawned. He slapped his hands over his mouth when he did, staring at Brian.

 

Brian just laughed. "Tired?" Brian asked.

 

Justin guiltily stared at him. "I didn't sleep well the night before. I never do. I'm just exhausted," Justin said.

 

Brian chuckled and started taking his own clothes off.  "I guess a few hours of sleep won't kill us," he said, smiling at him. They got down to their underwear and crawled under the covers. Justin wrapped his arm around Brian and laid his head on his chest.

 

"I can't believe you're really here," Justin whispered, kissing Brian's chest. Brian could feel exhaustion hitting him.

 

"Me, either," he whispered, and they fell asleep.