Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

CHAPTER 18

 

"Hey I have a question for you." Justin said as Brian was getting dressed. Brian looked over and saw Justin putting a box down. He squinted his eyes and realized it was the box their wedding invitations came in.

 

"Didn't you get those all mailed out?" Brian asked.

 

"Oh yeah I did. Everyone should be getting them today or in the next few days. Listen, I have like a thousand of them-"

 

"Why?" Brian asked. Justin chuckled.

 

"Because I have an idea for an art project or two and I want to use them. But that's besides the point. I was thinking...how would you like to invite your family?" Justin asked. Brian looked over at Justin. "We can just bring a few with us, and if you feel comfortable we can give it to them. No pressure. We don't even have to say anything...only if you want." Justin said. Justin always thought of everything.

 

"I'm not making any promises" Brian grumbled. Justin smiled and walked into the bathroom, kissing his cheek.

 

"I'll go put them in my suitcase. Lindsay said she'll be here any minute. So you better hurry up." Justin said as he bounced out of the bathroom. Brian took a look at himself in the mirror. He had just met his biological parents two days ago, and his grandparents, and now he was going to Boston to meet more grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. His stomach was in knots. He heard Justin's cell phone ring, and figured it was Lindsay.

 

"Hey Sam how are you?" Justin asked. He put his phone on speaker, placed it on the counter and sat on the floor so he could go through his suitcase.

 

"I'm doing good. Me and Josh had to fly home yesterday for some family fun and games. What are you doing?" he heard her ask.

 

"She sounds awfully chipper so early in the morning." Brian said. Justin smiled.

 

"Is that Brian? HEYYYY BRIAN!" She said loudly into the phone.

 

"Hello Miss Samantha. What do we owe the pleasure of this early morning phone call?" Brian asked, leaning on the counter.

 

"Well I haven't talked to Justin in forever. He's been so damn busy lately. I was wondering when I was getting my wedding invite." Sam said.

 

"Should be in the mail today or in the next few days." Justin told her.

 

"Crap. I'm back at home with Josh." she moaned.

 

"Oh my God you're in Boston? That's where me and Brian are going. We're heading to the airport now. We have to go out to dinner or something." Justin said excitedly, looking over to Brian for permission. Brian just nodded his head.

 

"And what are you coming to Boston for?" she asked. Before Justin could answer her, they heard Josh talking to her.

 

"Who are you talking to?" Josh asked. For once, Sam seemed to stutter. "Are you talking to Justin?" Josh hissed. Brian gave Justin an odd look. "I can't fucking believe you. Get off the damn phone." he hissed, not realizing that they could hear him.

 

"Listen lovelys. Josh is getting his panties all in a twist. I gotta go. But we'll definitely see you while your here alright. Love you both." Sam said, and hung up before they could say anything.

 

"That was weird." Brian said.

 

"I wonder why Josh didn't want her talking to me?" Justin said. Lindsay texted Justin's phone to let them know she was there. They locked up and walked down the stairs. They were having the door fixed on he elevator today, so they had to use the stairs. Lindsay was waiting outside the van with Gus, who jumped up into Brian's arms the second that he saw him.

 

"Hey there Sonny Boy." Brian said, kissing his cheek.

 

"Are we going on a plane now daddy?" Gus asked. The three adults chuckled at him.

 

"Almost Sonny Boy. Almost." Brian said.

 

"Hey there Gus." Justin said as Justin kissed Gus' cheek. Gus looked over at him.

 

"Hi daddy." he said, and jumped into Justin's arms. It was an amazing thing to hear a little boy call you daddy. Lindsay smiled over Justin's head as Gus hugged him. Brian knew Justin was in Heaven. Justin ended up sitting in the back of the van with Gus, while Brian sat in the front seat.

 

"Gus hasn't been able to stop talking about going to Boston to see grandpa Sawyer again. And to meet some more of his family. And that his two daddies are taking him on a plane." Lindsay told them. Both men smiled. "I'm surprised I even got him to sleep. Me and Mel had to sit with him until he fell asleep. And he woke right up so excited. It was the cutest thing." Lindsay said.

 

"Mommy cried when I left this morning. But I told her I was coming back. And that I'd get her a present." Gus said.

 

"I hope your mommy is giving you money to get her a present." Brian said. Lindsay reached over and smacked him. Lindsay didn't park in the parking garage. She already knew that neither of them felt comfortable in them, so she parked by the curb. Justin felt bad because he knew Lindsay wanted to stay with Gus as long as she could.

 

"Do you want us to wait inside while you park the van?" Justin asked. She smiled and kissed his cheek.

 

"I'm ok." she told him.

 

"I'm sorry about not parking-"

 

"Don't even finish that sentence. You don't have to be sorry about that. We can stay out here a few minutes. It's only going to be harder if I have to park and then come back inside and say goodbye." she said, kissing Justin's cheek. He smiled sadly at her.

 

"You going to be ok Wendy?" Brian joked. She wiped a tear away from her face.

 

"It's his first trip without me or Mel. It had to happen sometime...I'm excited that he gets this opportunity. With my parents and sister...and Mel's family, and Brian's family-"

 

"Adopted family." Brian interjected. She nodded her head.

 

"With them...Gus and J.R. are lucky to have you both, Michael's family. Emmett and Ted...but it's not fair for them to just have a make shift family just because of the way we all chose to live our lives. So the fact that Gus is going to be surrounded by grandparents who love him, just so much family that loves him before they've even met him...I'm excited for Gus to go. But I'm a mom. And I'm going to miss him like crazy." Lindsay said. Gus held Justin's hand while Brian hugged Lindsay. "I'm also excited for you to Brian. You'll never know how happy I am that your taking this trip." Lindsay said. He pulled back and smiled. "Alright give me lots of hugs and kisses Gussy." Lindsay said. Lindsay held the tears in to say goodbye.

 

Gus' excitement made everyone smile and laugh. He led the boys in by their hands. Every second of being in the airport was exciting to Gus. From checking in, to security, to finding their gates. Gus sat on Justin's lap and played with his Ipad while they waited to board. "Can we take a selfie daddy?" Gus asked Justin. He burst out laughing.

 

"How the heck do you know what a selfie is?" Justin asked.

 

"I'm five. I know everything." Gus informed him. Justin and Brian just laughed.

 

"That's my boy." Brian said proudly.

 

"Well ok then. Let's take a selfie." Justin said, holding the Ipad out to take a few pictures. Gus looked over at Brian.

 

"Daddy get in the selfie with us."Gus said.

 

"Yeah daddy take a selfie with us." Justin joked. Brian rolled his eyes and leaned in. Gus laughed as the three of them took pictures. Justin knew that Brian would never do this unless Gus asked. When they were called to board. They could barely hold Gus back. He was excited to run down to get onto the plane. Brian and Justin each held one of his hands as they walked onto to the plane, and found they're seats in First Class. "We're lucky we found three seats together." Justin said.

 

"Can I sit by the window?" Gus asked.

 

"Sure can Sonny Boy." Brian said as Gus jumped into the seat, with Justin sitting in the middle. Gus buckled his seat belt and jumped up and down.

 

"Can we go yet?" he asked. Both men laughed.

 

"We gotta wait for everyone to get on the plane. And everyone has to put their stuff away, and sit down and put their seat belts on. And the people outside have to put everyone's suitcases in the cargo below us. And when that's all done, then we can go." Justin told him. Gus pouted and he pulled out the Ipad for him to entertain himself with.

 

"I got a SUV for a rental." Brian told him. Justin smiled and nodded.

 

"Sawyer said his family is really excited. His mom is making brunch for us, so it will be ready when we get there. And he said his oldest niece will have the other kids down the street at the park. So when we walk in we can kind of get settled in." Justin said. Brian nodded. Justin picked his hand up and brought it to his lips, kissing it. "Are you nervous?" Justin asked. Brian shrugged. "It's ok to be nervous." Justin whispered. When they announced that they would be taking off, Gus screamed for joy, practically tossing Justin's Ipad into this lap.

 

"Turn it off so we can leave." Gus cheered. It was a really easy plane ride. Brian and Justin were a little worried that they wouldn't be able to keep Gus entertained. But Gus loved everything about the plane ride. He loved looking down below at the ground. He colored for a little while with Justin. He sat on both Justin and Brian's laps. He was excited to go to the bathroom. And since they were in the first row, they didn't have to get up and go with him. As they sat there waiting for Gus to get out, Brian looked over and saw Justin just smiling.

 

"Why do you have that big shit eating grin on your face?" Brian asked.

 

"Isn't this my Sunshine smile?" Justin joked, smiling big, making Brian chuckle. He wrapped his arm around his shoulders.

 

"Yeah it is. So why do you have such a big sunshine smile on your face?" Brian asked.

 

"Because I like the three of us being together. It's a family. And I love my family." Justin said. Brian smiled and leaned down to kiss him. He deepened the kiss and held Justin's face in his hands, wishing he could take this further.

 

"Hey your in the way." Gus said, making them pull apart and laugh.

 

"So sorry Sonny Boy." Brian said, letting Justin go as Gus climbed over them to get back to his seat. Brian looked over and saw in the row next to them, their was an older woman who was glaring at them. "Never seen two guys making out before?" he asked her. Her mouth fell open. Justin whipped his head around to see who he was talking to.

 

"You should be ashamed of yourself." she hissed at him. Brian just smiled.

 

"Are you friends with Joan Kinney by chance?" Brian asked.

 

"Just leave it Brian. A woman like that isn't worth our energy." Justin said. Brian glared at the woman, but then turned back to them. "I can't stand ignorant people." Justin said. Brian shrugged. The flight was quick, and as soon as they landed, Brian hopped up to be first in line to get out. Justin chuckled when he realized that he wasn't going to let the woman out first. Justin turned his phone on, and sent out a group text to Mel, Lindsay, Sawyer, Teresa, his mom, Debbie, Michael, Emmett and Ted, letting them know they had landed, safe and sound, and sent a picture of Gus. All excited and ready to go.

 

"Can we go yet daddy?" Gus asked, standing on his seat. Justin hugged him to him.

 

"Almost Sonny Boy. Just have to wait for the pilot to park this thing and open the doors. And you can be the first one off." Brian said as he pulled their carry-ons down. When the door opened he let Justin and Gus pass him. He turned to the woman and smiled, and leaned down. "Just so you know, I'm going to fuck my husbands brains out all night long tonight. And think of you the whole time while I do it." he said softly. He stood up and smiled. "Nice meeting you." he said loudly, and walked away. Gus had ran all the way out, and could see Justin and him at the end, with Justin holding his hand.

 

"Come on daddy let's go." Gus pleaded.

 

"You gotta walk faster then that Bri." Justin joked. Gus held both their hands again.

 

"Do 1, 2, 3." Gus told them.

 

"What's that?" Justin asked.

 

"We say 1, 2, 3, and then you swing me real high." Gus said. Justin laughed.

 

"Alright. You heard Sonny Boy." Brian said.

 

"1..2..3!" both Brian and Justin said, and swung Gus high in the air.

 

"That's higher then my mommies. Do it again." Gus cheered. And they had to swing him all the way till they got to Baggage Claim. Justin stayed with Gus at Baggage Claim, while Brian went and got their rental car. Justin had to laugh while he maneuvered three suitcases, and Gus' car seat out to the curb with Gus. But he somehow managed it. They had the SUV packed and they were off, with Brian's GPS leading the way.

 

"You ok?" Justin asked. Brian nodded his head. "Your not going to throw up are you?" he joked. Brian let out a breath to laugh.

 

"No." Brian answered. Gus was excited to see everything, and pointed all these tall buildings out. It wasn't long until they pulled up to Sawyer's parents house. Brian's grandparents. It was a grand house, and could tell that they were wealthy. Gus didn't give Brian a moment to collect himself, because he was already taking his seatbelt off. Justin was quick though to get out and open the door for him.

 

"Just hang on a second. We gotta wait for your dad." Justin laughed.

 

"You made it!" Sawyer said as he opened the door. Gus took off up the steps to hug Sawyer. Justin smiled at the sight. Sawyer hugged him tightly to him, and walked down the stairs towards them. Brian slowly got out of the SUV, and walked around to stand next to Justin. "Did you have a good flight?" Sawyer asked.

 

"It was the best. We got to sit in First Class." Gus said excitedly

 

"That's awesome. Hi Justin." Sawyer said, and hugged Justin quickly. He smiled at Brian, and shook his hand. "I'm glad you three are here." Sawyer said. Brian nodded.

 

"Do you have any presents?" Gus asked. Justin laughed out loud. Brian just chuckled and rubbed his face.

 

"This time Gus, I did not make the same mistake. We all have presents for you. I think my mother bought out the whole toy store." Sawyer told Brian.

 

"I did not Sawyer." someone said from the doorway. They looked up to see Brian's grandparents. Justin heard Brian gulp and he grabbed his hand. Brian and Sawyer looked just like Sawyer's father. He was tall and thing, and extremely good looking. It was amazing. Justin thought he was looking at Brian in the future. And his grandmother was shorter, but looked similar to Genevieve. Shorter, but thin. Very pretty. She didn't look her age. She looked to be in her fifties. Her hair barely graying.

 

"This is my mom and dad. Gus. These are your great-grandparents." Sawyer said, walking up the steps. Justin squeezed Brian's hand tight, and slowly walked up the steps as Sawyer put Gus down. His parents bent down to say hi to Gus.

 

"It is very nice to meet you Gus." Brian's grandmother said. He smiled at her.

 

"Your very tall. How old are you? 16?" Brian's grandfather asked. Gus laughed.

 

"No. I'm only 5 years old." Gus said.

 

"Well I'm sorry. My mistake Gus." he said. Sawyer looked at Justin and Brian. He stood up, bringing Gus back into his arms.

 

"Mom, dad. This is Justin. Brian's fiance. And this is Brian." Sawyer said, getting a little choked up.

 

"It's really great to meet both of you." Justin said. His grandmother wiped at her eyes, and smiled.

 

"I'm Cynthia. And this is Mark." Cynthia said. Then she laughed. "Oh come here and give me a hug." She said to Justin. He laughed and reached forward to hug her, letting go of Brian's hand. It was so easy for Justin to just jump up and hug his family. He hadn't even been able to do that yet. Cynthia pulled back and grabbed Justin's cheek. "Oh my goodness you are just adorable." she said, making Justin laugh. Mark held out his hand to Justin, and he took it, and shook it. But Mark smiled and pulled him in for a hug.

 

"It's good to meet you son." Mark said. Justin pulled back.

 

"It's great to meet both of you. Sawyer and Brian look just like you." Justin told Mark, and then looking back at Brian, smiling. He stepped back down to grab Brian's hand. Justin wondered if he should have warned Sawyer to not let his parents just run up and hug him. He stepped up with Brian.

 

"It's nice to meet the both of you." Brian said, his voice shaking a little.

 

"It's been a very long time Brian. But I am so happy that your finally here." Cynthia said, her voice choking a bit. She reached out and grabbed Brian's hand and squeezed it, not really being able to say anything. Mark reached over and grabbed Brian's hand and shook it.

 

"Welcome home Brian." Mark said. Brian smiled.

 

"How about we go inside. My two sisters and brother are dying to meet you. They're all married, so they have they're husbands and wife here." Sawyer said.

 

"I'm so sorry we're just making you stand out here. Please come in. I have brunch ready. Are you three hungry?" Cynthia asked.

 

"Sunshine's always hungry." Brian joked. Justin chuckled. Cynthia looked at Gus, thinking that he was talking about him.

 

"Actually that's my nickname. It's a long story. But he calls me that, and he calls Gus, Sonny Boy." Justin clarified. She smiled.

 

"Well I can definitely see why he calls you Sunshine. I can totally see that in your smile. Come on in and leave your suitcases out here. The boys will get them later." she said. She led everyone inside the front foyer. They walked into the living room, where Justin and Brian saw two couples sitting there waiting. Justin felt Brian squeeze his hand again, and he squeezed back.

 

"Just breathe." Justin whispered.

 

"This is my younger brother and sister. Derek and Meredith" Sawyer said. Justin could see resemblance's in both of them. Not only to Brian, but to Gus. "This is Brian and Justin. And this is Gus." Sawyer said proudly. Justin could tell he was getting more confident when he said that. Justin had to smile at it. Derek was tall like Brian, but he had more muscles. He was more beefy. Meredith was also tall, and brunette. She looked awfully familiar.

 

"It's so wonderful to meet the both of you." Meredith said.

 

"Wait Derek and Meredith? Like on Grey's Anatomy?" Justin blurted out. They all laughed, and Meredith rolled her eyes.

 

"You don't know how many times we've heard that." Meredith said.

 

"You can tell your gay when you say crap like that." Brian grumbled.

 

"Technically we were here first. It's good to meet you both." Derek said, as he stood forward and shook both of their hands.

 

"This is Meredith's husband Carver, and Derek's wife Julianna." Sawyer said. Carver was handsome, and had blonde wile hair. Julianna was shorter then all of them, but looked like the perfect housewife. Blonde and blue eyes. They all shook hands, while everyone fawned over Gus, and then Sawyer started looking around. He looked at his brother and sister. "Where's Sammy?" he asked. Meredith looked around.

 

"I don't know. They were whispering to each other, and as soon as you went outside, they disappeared" Meredith said.

 

"Probably doing the hokey pokey." Derek said. Julianna hit him.

 

"That's what we say in front of the kids. We've learned the hard way that our children will repeat only the bad and disgusting words that we say. They never want to repeat please, thank you, I love you. Just everything bad and awful." Julianna joked.

 

"SAMANTHA JUNE GET DOWN HERE!" Cynthia yelled.

 

"She's not gonna pull some stupid prank is she?" Sawyer asked his mother.

 

"She's not going to do anything to embarrass you today." Cynthia warned him.

 

"She'll wait at least five minutes till she meets her newest nephew." Carver said.

 

"BRIAN!" someone screamed from behind them. Brian turned around, and someone threw themselves into his arms. Brian barely had enough time to register someone was hugging them, when they pulled back. "I fucking told you you looked just like my brother from the moment that I met you." she said. Brian just stared at her, and she turned to Justin. "JUSTIN!" She screamed and jumped into his arms.

 

"What the?" Brian trailed off, shocked.

 

"I'm sorry." Josh told everyone.

 

"Sammy what are you doing?" Sawyer ground out. She pulled away and smiled at Justin and Brian.

 

"Samantha?" Justin asked. She smiled brighter at them. Sam and Josh were here. Sam, who told him to go back to New York, was in Sawyer's house.

 

"In the flesh." she announced.

 

"I'm really, REALLY, sorry." Josh said.

 

"What are you?..." Brian asked.

 

"Doing here? I grew up here. This is my parents house. Sawyer is my older brother. Which makes you." Sam said, hitting Brian in the chest. "MY nephew." Sam said, smiling. "But you can call me Auntie Sammy. All my nieces and nephews do." Sam said.

 

"Do you wanna tell me what the hell is going on?" Sawyer demanded.

 

"I am so. SO sorry." Josh said.

 

"Oh my God Josh. What are you guys doing here?" Justin asked. Sam smacked his head.

 

"I already told you. Sawyer is my brother. Which makes Brian my nephew. And it makes you my nephew in law." Sam said, clapping her hands.

 

"You already know them?" Sawyer demanded. Sam laughed and nodded her head.

 

"I met Justin, what almost a year ago?" she asked. He slowly nodded his head. She turned to Josh and held out her hand. He had a picture in his hand and gave it to her. She showed it to Sawyer, who had their parents and other siblings behind him. "This was taken in New York. We're old friends. Me and Josh are one of the few hetero people Brian can stand." she said.

 

"How did this happen?" Brian asked. Justin and Brian were stunned. The whole family was.

 

"How did you meet them?" Meredith asked. Sam laughed.

 

"Justin lived in New York. He's that artist that we've always told you about. The one who was going to tour Italy, but I made him go back and get his boyfriend. And they came back the very next day and packed up his stuff. Please tell me you all remember this story?" she asked. They all slowly nodded their heads. "Well meet Josh's artist, Justin Taylor." Same said, holding her hands out to Justin. "And meet the boyfriend, now fiance, Brian Kinney." she said, turning and holding out her hands in front of Brian. "That painting in dad's office is Justin's." she laughed. She just stood there and giggled.

 

"I'm really sorry about this." Josh said. Sam spun around and looked at him.

 

"Why do you keep apologizing?" Sam asked.

 

"Why didn't you tell us? Tell me that you knew my son?" Sawyer asked. Sam spun around, and Justin saw that her face turned red.

 

"Why didn't you tell me, Derek or Meredith that you had a baby at 13 and gave him up for adoption?" she demanded.

 

"Samantha June." Cynthia hissed. She turned around and stared at her mother.

 

"Isn't brunch ready mom?" Meredith asked. They all just stood there for a moment, and then Cynthia cleared her throat.

 

"I have it all ready out on the porch. Let's go outside." Cynthia said, smiling, and leading everyone outside. Justin just looked at Sam, and she smiled.

 

"Don't worry. I just made this day a lot less awkward for Brian. Sawyer told us all not to try and hug him. I obviously don't care." she said, hugging Brian again. Brian stood there, to stunned to move.

 

"If your trying to piss Sawyer off your doing a fantastic job." Julianna warned her. She turned to Sawyer and just smiled at him, and then walked outside.

 

"What just happened?" Justin asked. Brian was to stunned to move.

 

"I'm sorry about my little sister. She's insane like Angela. Although I'm thinking worse." Sawyer said, who was still holding Gus.

 

"We love Sam." Justin said. Sawyer chuckled. When they went outside, Gus followed Sawyer to sit next to him, and Brian and Justin sat across from them. Sam sat right next to Brian.

 

"So you met them in New York?" Meredith asked. Sam giggled.

 

"I sure did. The first thing I said when I saw a picture of Brian is that he looked just like Sawyer. Me and Josh both thought so." Sam said. Josh just nodded.

 

"But why didn't you tell me that you knew them? I showed you pictures of them last night." Sawyer asked.

 

"Because you waited my whole life before you told me you had a son. I saw the picture of them, and I knew who they were. So I wanted to surprise you all that I already knew my precious nephew and his fiance." Sam said, laughing. Sawyer looked to Josh.

 

"And you went along with that?" Sawyer asked. Josh blushed.

 

"I'm sorry. I wanted to say something. But you know how she is. If I went against her, she'd never let me see the inside of my bedroom again. She'd cut my balls off and hang them up for everyone to see." Josh said. He looked around at everyone. "You all know how she is." Josh said. Sam hit him, and everyone nodded sympathetically.

 

"Is that why you wanted her off the phone when she called us this morning?" Justin asked Josh. Josh nodded.

 

"You talked to them this morning?" Sawyer demanded. Sam just giggled.

 

"Not very long. Josh made me get off." Sam said, and looked at Justin. "I told you I'd see you while you were in Boston." Sam said to Justin and just smiled at him. He shook his head and laughed and rubbed his face. Sam looked at Brian and shook his arm. "Come on and snap out of it. I told I made this day a lot less awkward for you. Meeting your family for the first time is hard. I just made it ten times better." Sam said, smiling at him.

 

"Are you ok daddy?" Gus asked. Brian cleared his throat.

 

"Yeah Sonny Boy. I just think I need a drink." Brian said, scratching his neck. Justin knew he was still in shock. Justin just chuckled and rubbed his back.

 

"This day definitely didn't go the way I expected it at all." Justin joked.

 

"Samantha June go get Brian a strong drink." Cynthia said. Sam looked over at her.

 

"You made Mimosa's. You always tell daddy and Sawyer that at this time of day it's to early for a strong drink." Sam said.

 

"Well I think I can break my own rule for my grandson. Especially after you putting that scared look on his face. Go get him whatever he wants." Cynthia told her. Sam nodded.

 

"Alright what do you want?" Sam asked.

 

"You wouldn't happen to have Beam would you?" Brian asked. Sam laughed and looked at Sawyer.

 

"Wow he really is your son. I'll be right back." Sam said, and walked inside the house.

 

"I'm really sorry about her." Sawyer said.

 

"Mom was the one that really wanted another kid. I tried to convince them to give her up for adoption when she came out screaming." Derek said. He must have realized what he said, because he just covered his forehead.

 

"That's your husband." Meredith said to Julianna.

 

"I am, so sorry. I've been making that joke her whole life. I'm really sorry." Derek said sadly. Sam came back with a glass, and whole bottle of Beam for Brian.

 

"Drink up." Sam said. She looked around at the table. "What's wrong?" she asked. Brian poured his drink and held up his glass to Derek.

 

"To who can make the most inappropriate jokes." Brian said. Justin had to smile at his uncle's face. He let out a deep breath of relief, and held up his glass. Brian downed the whole glass. Sam sat down and he smiled at her. "So your brother tried to convince your parents to give you up for adoption huh." Brian said. Sam looked over at Derek.

 

"Oh my God you made an adoption joke? Even I'm not that retarded." Sam said, sipping her Mimosa. Everyone started putting food onto their plates and eating.

 

"So let me get this straight. You've known Justin since last year, and you just met Brian a few months ago?" Meredith asked. Sam smiled.

 

"Yep." she said.

 

"And then you see a picture of Justin and Brian last night, after Sawyer told us he has a son, and you say nothing when you see the picture of them?" Meredith asked.

 

"Pretty much." Sam said, and smiled at Sawyer. "The second I saw him I said he looked just like my brother." she said.

 

"Actually no that wasn't what you said. I believe the words were 'My God this man is dreamy. It's a damn shame he's gay. I'd so...never mind" Justin stopped, realizing what he was about to say.

 

"Oh God it must have been bad. For the first time our little sister is blushing from embarrassment" Derek joked. They had a good laugh at her and she rubbed her face.

 

"Yeah well it had to happen sometime. I think my next statement started out with, I take that back." Sam said.

 

"Yeah but then you said, forget it, he's not my brother. I'd still..." Justin trailed off. Meredith, Derek, Julianna and Carver all laughed loudly and hooted. Brian even smiled down at her.

 

"I wanted a sweet, soft spoken daughter." Mark said. Sam whipped her head to look at her father.

 

"Please. I've kept both of you young." Sam defended herself. She took a sip of her drink. "I even have my wedding invitation in my mailbox at home." she said, bouncing up and down. Brian looked at Justin.

 

"You're going to their wedding?" Meredith asked.

 

"I guess it's a good thing that you brought those invites then. She just made that decision for us." Brian whispered. Justin smiled and kissed his cheek.

 

"Can I have the keys?" Justin asked. Brian nodded and pulled the keys out of his pocket. "I'll be right back. I just have to get something out of the car." Justin said, standing up.

 

"Can I help daddy?" Gus asked. He was sitting between Sawyer and Meredith Justin smiled.

 

"Yes you can sir." Justin said. Gus hopped out excitedly and they walked back inside the house.

 

"He looks just like you Brian." Meredith said.

 

"And he's so sweet. He's really taken to Sawyer." Cynthia said.

 

"Thank you." Brian said.

 

"You should see him with Teresa. He's already attached to her." Sawyer said.

 

"Now if we could only get you attached to her." Sam said. Sawyer glared at her, and Sami just raised one eyebrow at him.

 

"So he calls Justin daddy to?" Julianna asked. Brian cleared his throat.

 

"Just since the other day actually. He says Justin is his other daddy. Since we're getting married." Brian said, sipping his drink.

 

"I think it's sweet." Sam said. Then she clapped her hands. "Oh my God he gets to call me auntie Sammy to." she said excitedly, clapping her hands.

 

"So is he with you and Justin a lot?" Meredith asked.

 

"He is now a days. The house that we're having remodeled is across the street from his mommy and butch's house." Brian said. Sawyer snorted.

 

"She's not butch at all. Brian has an on-going war with Melanie. I guess you could technically say Gus' other mommy." Sawyer said.

 

"Mel isn't Gus' other mother though. They're his parents. They're the one's who are raising him. They just needed a little help in getting a baby. And how could I say no to one of my oldest friends...I actually didn't expect to care that much until Gus was actually here." Brian said.

 

"I talked to Angela last night. She said Teresa was gushing all about Lindsay and Melanie." Sam said. Before anyone could say anything, Gus came running back in. He had envelopes in his hands, and ran around the table handing them out. He gave one to Sawyer, Meredith, Derek and Cynthia, and sat back down. Justin sat back down next to Brian, smiling. "Where's mine?" Sam asked.

 

"As you already stated, yours is in your mailbox." Brian said sarcastically to her.

 

"It's for your wedding." Cynthia said. Sawyer looked up at Brian.

 

"You're inviting us to your wedding." Sawyer said. Justin could tell he was getting choked up. Brian nodded.

 

"I guess I can't just invite one of your sisters and that's it. Would be a bit rude and very un-family friendly." Brian said. Sawyer nodded his head and looked down at the invitation.

 

"I can't wait." Sawyer said, rubbing his eyes.

 

"Oh thank you Brian. Thank you Justin. We can't wait to go." Cynthia said.

 

"When is it?" Sam asked.

 

"Oh God." Derek said. Carver burst out laughing.

 

"What?" Sam asked. She leaned over and took the invite from her father. Her eyes widened and she raised her hands up cheering. And then started laughing.

 

"What's going on?" Justin asked. Everyone was moaning and groaning, and Sam was just laughing.

 

"May 31st is my birthday. Your getting married on my birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!" Sam cheered and laughed. Gus laughed at her. Brian turned to Justin.

 

"We can change the date can't we? I don't want to share that day with her." Brian said. Sam gasped and everyone started laughing. She punched Brian in the arm, making him chuckle.

 

"Oh I like this kid already. Definitely one of us." Derek said.

 

"Well tough luck on changing the date. I wanted the hotel last time we tried to get married, and it wasn't available. The next opening was August. And it's probably longer now." Justin said.

 

"Yes Miss. Kinney." Brian joked. Justin hit his other arm.

 

"Happy birthday to me." Sam sang.

 

"Oh great we're gonna hear that all day." Brian groaned.

 

"Oh shut up. I don't mind giving up my 29th birthday for you two to get married. It only is the last birthday I'll ever have in my twenties. It's no big deal." Sam said, making a sad face. Justin laughed and Brian's mouth fell open. He looked back over at Sawyer, and pointed at Sam.

 

"It's supposed to be our day, and she's trying to make me feel bad because it's her birthday. Like Justin purposely chose that date." Brian said. Sawyer glared at her, while everyone else chuckled.

 

"Welcome to the family. No matter what, it's always about Sam. Look how today turned out." Derek joked.

 

"She's just joking. She'll be fine." Cynthia said, looking pointedly at her youngest daughter.

 

"So just put on those how many of you are coming. I know you have children. They're all invited to." Justin said.

 

"Oh I wouldn't invite them. They're the Devils Spawn." Sam said.

 

"Yeah they take after you." Meredith said. Sam made a face.

 

"Now how come Miss. Samantha doesn't have any Devil's Spawn of her own?" Brian asked. Justin could tell he was back to his usual flirting, although toned down a bit because she was related to him, with Sam again. She just laughed.

 

"Oh God are you kidding me? I love all my nieces and nephews and all my friends kids. But my own? No thanks. I like sleeping through the night. I love spoiling them and getting them all riled up, but then I get to send them back off to mommy and daddy." she joked. Justin noticed that Brian's family just kind of stared at her quietly.

 

"Sammy." Mark said. She looked over, and then made a face. She looked back at her glass and chuckled.

 

"I guess I'm gonna have to get used to the fact that you three are family. I'm used to saying that when anyone who's not family is around. But you guys are now..." Sam said. She took a deep breath, looked up at Brian and Justin and smiled. "Me and Josh have been trying to get pregnant since we got married. Not really trying. We didn't do anything to stop it when we first got married. We didn't do anything to protect against it. And after two years, we realized I wasn't getting pregnant...so we went and had all these crazy tests done. There's nothing wrong with us, and they there's no medical reason why we're not pregnant. Unexplained...So we've tried all these different things. Fertility drugs. In vitro. We tried a surrogate. My egg and his sperm. Then we tried just my egg, or just his sperm. But nothing worked. So we decided to just stop everything. Let nature run it's course. By the time I turn 29, we're going to start the adoption process. You have to wait on some lists a while. By the time we're 30...we're going to give up the hope that we'll have our own baby. But we'll adopt a house full of kids." Sam said, smiling sadly at them. She drank the rest of her drink. "Perfect timing to go get a refill inside." She said, standing up.

 

"Me to." Meredith said, downing her drink and standing up.

 

"Me three." Julianna said, trying to drink the rest of hers, following Sam inside the house. Justin and Brian looked back at the rest of the family. Stunned by the fact that she had just admitted that.

 

"I've known her almost a year...and I've never seen her that serious before. I had no idea." Justin said.

 

"If your not related by blood or marriage to either her or Josh, you don't know about it." Cynthia said. Josh cleared his throat.

 

"What you see is what you get with Sam. The greatest thing about her, is how she is in front of you, is how she is behind your back. She always the loud, happy, obnoxious girl that we all love." Josh said, the family chuckling. "But we're the one's who know her best. She doesn't have to hide her sadness here. She's allowed to speak freely, and cry freely about not being able to have a baby. She doesn't hide that from our family." Josh said.

 

"Heavy stuff for the first day in the family." Derek said, chuckling.

 

"I guess it's only fair. You had to deal with mine your first night at the loft." Justin said to Sawyer.

 

"Oh yeah. I heard Teresa kicked some major...butt." Derek said, looking at Gus. He hadn't paid attention to any of the conversation. He was playing with the coloring book Sawyer had given him.

 

"I couldn't believe she did that." Justin admitted.

 

"I can. That girl has fire in her." Cynthia said, smiling.

 

"Now if we could just get her to marry my brother." Sam said as she sat back down. Meredith and Julianna sitting down back in their seats.

 

"Mind your own business." Sawyer said. Sam looked over at Brian and Justin.

 

"He's been married three times to these barbie doll blondes. The anti-Teresa." Sam told them, laughing.

 

"If my grandson wasn't sitting here right now, I'd jump over this table and-"

 

"What? Come on. What are you gonna do?" Sam asked, snarling at him.

 

"Alright that's enough." Mark warned her. She glared at Sawyer.

 

"What is wrong with you?" Sawyer demanded.

 

"You waited until last night to tell us you had a son. That's what my problem is. Teresa's whole family knows. Her brothers and sisters always knew about Brian. Her nieces and nephews know. You never trusted us with that. That is what's wrong with me. You know every detail about me, Derek and Meredith, and you kept the biggest secret to yourself." Sam blurted out. Josh put his hand on her arm.

 

"They also had to mourn that loss right along with Teresa. It was bad enough that I had to watch Teresa suffer, and then my parents. But I wasn't going to do that to my siblings. I wasn't going to have you go through that pain. It was my fault. And I didn't want anyone else to suffer because I was stupid and lost my son. So be pissy all you want. This isn't about you." Sawyer said, trying to keep his temper under control. He stood up and walked into the house. Sam just smiled at Justin and Brian.

 

"He'll be fine. I've been pushing his buttons for years. I just want to make him suffer a bit before I tell him I'm not really mad at him." Sam said. Justin's eyes widened.

 

"I'll go get him." Derek said. To Justin's shock, Brian stood up.

 

"Why don't you allow me." Brian said. He looked back over at Justin. "Wish me luck." he whispered. Justin watched him as he walked into the house.

 

Brian looked around for a moment, and found Sawyer in the dining room, staring out the window. "You're sister is..." Brian trailed off.

 

"Every bad word in the book?" Sawyer finished for him as Brian came to stand next to him, leaning back against the chairs.

 

"One of the few heteros that I like." Brian said. Sawyer looked back, and chuckled. He went back to looking at the window.

 

"We're a bit more loud then this. Everyone is more reserved today, because I didn't want to scare you off. Make you uncomfortable. But Sammy...she just can be to much sometimes. I know she's just trying to get a rise out of me. Make me feel like the shitiest person in the world for not trusting her with my secret. Punish me. But..." Sawyer trailed off.

 

"Listen...she's actually right about something." Brian said. Sawyer turned around, crossed his arms and leaned against the wall. "She made it less awkward for me...her, craziness, is exactly what I needed. So I wouldn't get to mad at her...and I her owe a lot." Brian said. Sawyer tilted his head. "Justin would have gone to Italy if it wasn't for her. I don't know what would have happened. I know that he would have honored his commitment, and stayed in Italy for a year...and who knows where he would have gone from there. He was afraid to say no, that he didn't want to go. He was afraid to admit that he was miserable and wanted to come home...she made him realize what he wanted...I would have supported him, no matter what he chose. But she made him stand up and figure out what it was. In her very creative way of course." Brian said, making Sawyer laugh. "We're here because Samantha sent him home...I wouldn't have gone to the hospital to see Joan, if Justin hadn't brought me. I wouldn't have gotten that test done, if Justin hadn't made me. I never would have found out I was adopted. And I never would have looked for you. Justin did that. And Justin could only do that, because Sam sent him home." Brian said. Sawyer smiled. "So don't tell her I told you this. Because I think it would feed her big head, but the only reason that we met is because of her...so I wouldn't be to angry at her." Brian said. Sawyer laughed and moaned.

 

"Don't tell her that's the reason why. She'll never let any of us live it down." Sawyer said. Brian nodded.