Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

 

 

 

Justin sat on his laptop for a few hours, trying to locate Brian's parents. But he didn't know how to search for parents. He didn't even know their names. He sat for five hours straight, and came up with nothing. If he wanted to find Brian's parents, then he was going to have to hire a professional. "Earth to Sunshine," he heard Brian say. He jumped and sat up. Brian chuckled. "I called your name like five times. What are you doing?" Brian asked as he started taking off his tie. Brian seemed like he was in a good mood. "Is that what you’re wearing to Britin?" Brian asked as he started taking his clothes off and walked into his bedroom.

 

"What?" Justin asked. Brian chuckled.

 

"We're going to Britin tonight, remember? They've finished all the construction work and cleaned it all up. Now it's ready to be painted, and have shelves built in, have furniture moved in. Any of this ringing a bell?" he asked, laughing at him. Justin shook his head and looked at the time. They were already running late. He had been looking forward to this day for a week. He jumped up and started looking for clothes to wear. "What's the matter with you?" Brian asked, pulling on jeans.

 

"I just completely lost track of time." Justin said. They got dressed and went back down to the ‘Vette. "How are you doing?" Justin asked.

 

"I'm fine, Dear," Brian joked. Justin nodded his head. "What's wrong?" Brian asked in a sing-song voice.

 

"Huh?"

 

"Something's up. You're acting all fidgety like you want to tell me something. So just out with it, Sunshine," Brian said.

 

He took a deep breath, and was about to tell him, when his cell phone rang. He realized it was Sam. He hadn't talked to her in a few days. And to her that meant a lifetime. He let it go to voicemail, and realized she had called seven times.

 

"Oh, my God, she's called me seven times in the past hour!" Justin laughed. She was calling again, and he looked at Brian.

 

"You know she's only going to keep calling," Brian told him.

 

"Hello?" Justin said.

 

"Where the hell have you been? I've been calling for two days now."

 

"You have not. Just in the past hour."

 

"Okay, whatever. It feels like two days. How's your nose?"

 

"It's a lot better. Still kind of hurts when you push on it," Justin said.  As if he wanted to show her, he pushed his nose a little and hissed. Brian laughed.

 

"That was intelligent," Brian joked.

 

"Well, you don't need to demonstrate when I'm not even there, you moron," Sam said. Brian could hear her, and chuckled along with Justin. "How's Mr. Studly?" she asked. Justin looked over at Brian, and Brian smiled at him.

 

"He's good."

 

"And how is the sex?" she asked. Justin laughed.

 

"You are such a perv asking me that."

 

"Oh, come on. Josh has been in Italy for 10 days now. I have to live vicariously through someone else's sex life," Sam moaned.

 

"Why not a heterosexual couple? Why do you want to live vicariously through a gay couple?" Justin asked.

 

"Because straight people are so boring. Gay sex is HOT!" she joked. He talked to her for the rest of the ride there, but had to cut the conversation short in order to meet the designers. They walked through every single room. Going over every detail. They made some changes here and there, but everything was falling into place for them again. Life was good. This was the next step in their lives, and it was finally happening. Brian kept laughing at Justin's enthusiasm. He kept jumping up and down like Emmett and clapping his hands together.

 

"We know who the woman is in this relationship," Brian joked. When they left, Justin and Brian had time to walk around. Justin talked Brian's ear off. He was so excited. Brian just smiled at him.

 

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?" Justin asked.

 

"Remember when I said that I liked seeing you happy? That I like seeing your smile? And it made me feel even better knowing that I was the one who put it there?" he asked. Justin nodded his head. "I fought really hard against this," Brian said, looking around. "I thought I always wanted my fuck pad, so I could fuck every hot guy that I saw," he said. Justin stopped moving, and stayed still for the first time all night. "I never realized how good buying a house for you would feel. If I had only realized it a lot sooner, we could have already been living this life," Brian said. Justin smiled and wrapped his arms around Brian's neck.

 

"You remember when we made love upstairs for the first time without a condom?" Justin asked. Brian's eyes wiggled and he smiled. "I told you you were worth the wait. And I meant that. I'm happy that it's happening right now," Justin said. Brian leaned down and kissed him. And then pulled back.

 

"I guess it would be okay to give you your surprise now," Brian said. Justin's eyes widened.

 

"You have a surprise for me?" Justin asked. Brian nodded and he started jumping up and down and hitting his chest. "Oh, my God, what is it, what is it, what is it?" he cheered. But then he stopped and stared. "It's not another hustler, is it?" he asked. Brian rolled his eyes.

 

"No it's not. I don't ever plan on putting a condom back on my dick anytime soon. So, no, no hustlers. Come on; I'll show you," he said, and pulled Justin by the hand over to the garage. He stood Justin in front of him, but covered his eyes.

 

"This feels an awful lot like the last surprise you gave me, and it was a hustler," Justin groaned.

 

"Will you shut up?" Brian said. He opened the door and turned on the light, and gently pushed Justin down the step into the garage. "Just think of this as the birthday present I should have gotten you," Brian said. He lifted his hands, and Justin opened his eyes. In front of him was a black SUV, with a bright red bow wrapped around it. Justin's mouth fell open, and Brian leaned forward to see his face. "Do you like it?" Brian asked.

 

"You bought me a car?" Justin asked, astounded.

 

"Well it's not fair for you to have to wait on me to drive you out here. It's 30 minutes away from everything. You need your own car. And knowing you, you'll be carrying art work back and forth. I thought an SUV was perfect. Do you like it?" he asked again.

 

"Like it? I love it! I've never had my own car before," Justin said as he walked closer to it, looking inside.

 

"Well, now you do," Brian said. Justin turned around and jumped into his arms.

 

"Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you! I love it! I love YOU," he said, kissing Brian's lips. Brian pulled back and handed him the keys.

 

"Drive me home, Miss Daisy," Brian said.

 

"What about your car?" Justin asked.

 

"We'll get it tomorrow. Come on," Brian said as he walked over to the passenger side, letting Justin take the driver’s side. Justin opened the garage door and backed out into the drive way, and watched as the garage door shut. "Are you gonna go?" Brian asked.

 

"This is really happening. I can't believe this is really happening. This is my house," Justin said as he looked at the front of his house. He looked over at Brian and smiled at him, and then leaned in and kissed him. "Thank you for making my dreams come true," Justin said. He was excited to drive his SUV home. He loved it.

 

"I can't wait to put the back seat down and fuck you back there," Brian said. Justin just laughed. He took his time going home. Going down unnecessary roads, just to make the trip longer. Brian loved seeing the smile on his face. They barely made it to the door of the loft before they were ripping each other's clothes off. They couldn't help it. They were both so turned on. They went at it a few rounds in bed, and twice in the shower before they made it back to the kitchen to eat. "So, were you ever going to tell me what was wrong with you earlier?" Brian asked. Justin had actually forgotten what had been going on. His smile instantly fell.

 

"I don't want to tell you," Justin said.

 

"What? Why not?"

 

"Because you’re in such a good mood. We're both in really good moods. We've had a perfect afternoon. I don't want to spoil it with making you mad," Justin said. He walked over to the couch and sat down, and a minute later Brian followed him to sit down next to him.

 

"How about I promise not to get mad?" Brian said. Justin gave him a ‘give me a break’ look. Brian held up two fingers. "Gay scout’s honor," Brian said. Justin rolled his eyes.

 

"I went looking through all the stuff we packed up yesterday," Justin said.

 

"Why'd you do that?" Brian asked.

 

"Because I wanted to find out information on your parents," Justin said. Brian sat back and rubbed his eyes.

 

"They’re not my parents."

 

"Not Jack and Joan. Your biological parents," Justin said. Brian put his hand down, and then slowly looked at Justin. It seemed that Brian didn't spend too much time thinking about them, either. Brian stood up.

 

"I don't need some teenagers who were too young and irresponsible for parents. I don't need any parents," Brian said. Justin stood up and ran up behind him.

 

"But your parents fought to get you back," Justin said. Brian turned around and stared at him. "Your parents were crying when they held you, and said they loved you. But they couldn't keep you, because they were too young. They were younger than 18. That was the legal age to give up babies for adoption without a parents’ consent. They tried to get you back a few months later. But your mom got some pro bono lawyer to help her win," Justin said. He stepped forward and grabbed Brian's hands. "What if we can find them? What if they're married? And you have other brothers or sisters? Grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces and nephews? You could be getting a whole entire family," Justin said. Brian pulled back.

 

"So they can tell me I'm going to hell because I'm gay?" Brian demanded. That's what it all boiled down to. Brian could forgive anything. But having his mother hate him because he was gay was unforgivable. Brian was never going to put himself through that pain again. "And how do you even know all this?" Brian demanded.

 

"I went and saw Joan at the hospital today."

 

"YOU WHAT?" Brian demanded.

 

"I told her she owed you the truth. She owed you any information that she could give me. That she mistreated you for 35 years," Justin said.

 

"Justin, leave it alone. I don't want any more family. I have you, Gus; all of you guys. That's all I fucking need. I don't need a big huge family invading my life. And I don't want it," Brian said.

 

"But what if they don't care that you’re gay?" Justin asked. Brian didn't answer. "You won't know until you look for them, Brian."

 

"Then you go ahead and look. Be my guest. But I don't want to know anything about it," Brian said and whipped around towards the bedroom. He got undressed and turned off the lights. The discussion was over. It was done with. Justin waited 30 minutes before he went to bed himself. He got undressed, and they stayed on their own sides of the bed. Justin knew Brian wasn't asleep. What could he say to change his mind? How could Brian not want to find his biological family?

 

"I'm sorry," Justin suddenly said.

 

"Why?" Brian asked.

 

"Because I didn't mean to make you mad...I just want to see you happy. Your family made you miserable. Treated you like crap. I just want to try and find them, because if they love you, then you should know what it feels like to have parents that love you. I just want to erase some of your pain. So, I'm sorry for pushing it," Justin said. They lay in silence for a minute, until Brian scooted over and was lying over Justin. Brian cupped his face in his hand.

 

"Don't ever be sorry for trying to make me happy. For trying to do something nice and for loving me. Don't be sorry for caring. Don't be sorry for being yourself," Brian told him. He leaned down and kissed him softly on the lips. "If you want to try and find them, Justin...then go ahead. You have my blessing," Brian said. Justin's eyes widened.

 

"Really?" he asked excitedly

 

"But I don't want to know anything," Brian said. Justin's face fell. "I have had the worst luck in my life. I'm glad to finally just be coming out of it the last few years with you and Gus...Mikey and Lindsay. I don't want you to find my parents, and have them be disappointed that I'm gay. I don't want to deal with that again," Brian admitted. Justin knew how hard these words were for Brian. He never admitted anything like this before. "So, if you want to find them, then do it. But I don't want to have anything to do with it. I want to stay out of it," Brian said. Justin nodded his head. Brian kissed him, and then lay down on top of him, like the last time they were in bed together, before he left for New York. He rubbed his hands up and down Brian's back. This time, he wasn't leaving. He was staying with Brian.

 

"What did you do after I left?" Justin asked. He wasn't sure Brian had heard him or not. Or if he did, if Brian even knew what he was talking about. But he did.

 

"I lay in bed for a few hours. Staying in this position. Pretending you were still here. But then I got a cramp and had to move, and it kind of woke me up. I sat in bed and smoked all day. Started working on some paperwork around 10:00. Michael came and took me to Babylon, convincing me to reopen it. But other than that, I stayed in my loft for the next week. Just sitting, or lying down. Wishing that you hadn’t left," he honestly said. Justin felt tears in his eyes. "What about you?" Brian asked. Justin took a deep breath.

 

"I cried all the way to the airport. I knew I was making a mistake. But I knew if I went back to you that you would yell at me. Telling me I needed to try and make it on my own first. To not sacrifice my career for you. So, once I finally got into my apartment, I lay there for three days straight. Everyone called me. I just couldn't do anything without you. I missed you, and I knew I made a mistake by leaving," Justin said. Brian turned his face and kissed him.

 

"You were worth the wait," Brian answered.


 

The next morning after Justin drove Brian back to Britin to get his car, Justin called Cynthia, asking her to find the best private investigator in Pittsburgh. Within the hour, she had a number, and Justin called it and set up a meeting for noon time. He met Jessica Marriday in a coffee shop on Liberty Ave. She was extremely beautiful, and he would probably have had the hots for her, if boobs and vagina were his thing. "Justin Taylor?" Jessica asked. Justin nodded his head and put his hand out to shake her hand. "It's nice to meet you," she said, sitting down from across from him.

 

"Nice to meet you, too. My fiancé’s assistant told me that you were the best P.I. in Pennsylvania," Justin said. Jessica smiled.

 

"Well, I do try. So, what can I help you with?"

 

"Well. I'm looking for two people. But I don't have too much information to go on. Very little in fact." he admitted sadly. There wasn't much to go on. She took out a notebook and wrote down every word Justin said. She nodded her head. "I know that's barely anything to go on."

 

"No this is good. This doesn't seem like your normal adoption case. This has some unique qualities to it that will make it stand out. Birth somewhere in New York, but the court case in Pittsburg. And they weren't actually 18 years old, they were underage. The only way that I wouldn't be able to find out who his parents are, is if someone literally burned all the archives. Which I sincerely doubt happened. I should be able to locate them within three weeks." Jessica said. Justin's eyes widened.

 

"Wow really?" he asked. He thought he gave her no information at all. He was excited to hear that he could know who Brian's parents were in a matter of three weeks. She smiled at him.

 

"Do you want me to call with updates? Or just call you at the end of my investigation?" she asked.

 

"At the end would be fine. Is it ok though if I happen to get impatient and call you?" he asked.

 

"Absolutely. Anytime. And I mean it. I better get started though. I have a few cases that I'm working on that are literally at a standstill. I'm just waiting for paperwork to come back. So while I'm waiting, I can really submerge myself into this." she said. That meeting had gone much easier then he thought. Jennifer had invited Justin and Brian over for dinner that night, and Justin was excited to show her his new SUV.

 

"Oh my God it's beautiful." Jen said as she was admiring the car.

 

"Pretty swanky." Tucker said.

 

"You gonna’ buy me one like this?" Molly asked Brian. They laughed at her.

 

"If you’re lucky I might get you a scooter." Brian joked. Molly rolled her eyes and sat in the driver’s seat.

 

"Just think mom. This time next year I'll be driving." Molly said.

 

"Oh Lord help me." Jen said, covering her face. Tucker wrapped his arm around her shoulders.

 

"Well I'll take you out driving. Mom's to nervous and will get you too nervous to drive. She freaked me out trying to teach me to drive." Justin said.

 

"I most certainly did not. You just wanted to go fast Justin." Jen said. Justin laughed at her. "Come on I have dinner waiting." she said.

 

"Get out of my car, Mollusk." Justin said as he dragged Molly out of the car. She smacked him in the stomach.

 

"Don't call me that. Are you gonna come to the basketball game next week? We're dancing at the beginning." Molly asked.

 

"God I hate going back to St. James. Brings up bad memories." Justin said. Brian wrapped his arm around his shoulders.

 

"Gosh I have so many good ones. Like dropping you off, and picking you up, and yelling at all your little friends." Brian said. Justin snorted.

 

"What a good daddy you were." Molly said sarcastically. Justin snorted and pushed her into the house.

 

"You know I like this girl more and more." Brian said to Justin. Justin just chuckled at him. Jennifer served them all dinner. It was nice and simple. Just a roast chicken, with potatoes and carrots, rolls, and a nice salad.

 

"You know. I think this is the first time that all five of us have sat down to have dinner together." Jen said. Tucker smiled at her.

 

"We should do this more often." Brian said sweetly. Justin just snorted at him. Brian was being obvious about pretending to be sweet. Jennifer just ignored him.

 

"Well now that Justin's moved back. And everything's calmed down. We can do this more often. Like a real family." Jen said, looking around.

 

"Does Justin have to come?" Molly asked. Brian snorted at her, and Justin kicked her under the table. Jennifer just laughed.

 

"That's something I never thought I'd miss. You two bickering back and forth." Jen said.

 

"Me and my brothers and sisters used to get in trouble because we'd start throwing food at the table." Tucker said. Before anyone could stop her, Molly picked up a roll and threw it at Justin, hitting him right in the forehead. Brian laughed again.

 

"Will you not give her any ideas? Molly stop it." Jen said. There wasn't too much authority in her voice.

 

"It is really nice to have a family dinner mom." Justin said. She smiled at him.

 

"I agree." Tucker said. He raised his glass. "To life settling down. And to more of these family dinners." Tucker said.

 

"Oh great he's gonna get mom all emotional and make her cry." Molly said, picking up her glass and smiling.

 

"I really do like this girl. Why haven't we spent more time together?" Brian joked.

 

"I was too busy for your drama." she said, making them laugh. They sat there for a few minutes, making small chit chat, but Molly was the one who ended that. "So. Can I ask you all something, since we're all here, and one big happy family?" she asked.

 

"Why don't I like the sound of this?" Justin asked.

 

"Well. It's about all that stuff that dad was saying about you guys." she said. Everyone kind of just stopped and looked around. Jennifer nodded her head.

 

"Molly you know you can ask us anything. We don't have anything to hide." Jennifer said.

 

"Well I know all that stuff dad was saying about Tucker was a lie. He never came on to me. Which would be really gross." Molly said, and shivered. Brian chuckled. "But the stuff he was saying about Justin and Brian. Like some of it doesn't sound real. I never once saw Brian in our house." Molly said. Brian cleared his throat.

 

"I was only ever at your house one time. I picked Justin up from school, and brought him back to your house, and tried to get your father to calm down and talk to Justin. I was trying to get your father to let Justin come back home." Brian said.

 

"So what happened?" Molly asked. Brian looked at Jennifer, and she smiled sadly.

 

"Molly's not a little kid anymore. I don't have to hide secrets from her anymore. You can tell her Brian." Jennifer said. Brian nodded.

 

"Your mother wanted Justin to come home. She never wanted for Justin to leave." Brian said. Molly looked over at her mom. "But your mom was never the problem." Brian told her.

 

"Dad recently just found out that I was gay. He kicked me out, and Brian brought me back because he was just trying to help." Justin said, looking over at Brian.

 

"You...know how your father is." Brian said. Molly rolled her eyes and nodded. "He wanted Justin to deny who he was. He wanted to pretend like he wasn't gay. So I stood up, and told your father, that that wasn't love, that was hate. And asked Justin if he wanted to come with me." Brian told her.

 

"I chose to go with Brian. I didn't have to hide who I was with him." Justin said. Molly nodded.

 

"Did you really go and crash his car?" Molly asked. Brian rolled his eyes and shook his head.

 

"Your father found out about me. I was at a red light in my jeep, and he rear ended me. Sent my car into the middle of the intersection. He backed up and hit me again, and drove off. I didn't even know that was your dad. I had never even seen him before." Brian said.

 

"You hadn't even met him yet? How did you know it was him then?" Molly asked.

 

"I figured that one out. Mom and dad were fighting about the car. The front of his car was totaled. I went over to Brian's and he was telling the story of this guy rear ending him...he thought it was someone else. But I knew that it was dad. Brian said it was a silver car. He couldn't have known that's what dad drove, because he had never seen dad. He had never even seen where we lived. And dad was the one who attacked Brian again. We were getting in his car, and dad snuck up behind him and punched him. Brian fell and he just started kicking Brian. Brian never hit dad." Justin said. Molly's eyes widened. "Dad made up all these things that never happened. Those were the only three times that Brian was ever near dad. He lied about Brian sleeping over and all that crap." Justin said. Molly shook her head.

 

"I don't get it. Why did dad hate Brian so much? Just because he's gay?" Molly asked. They all kind of just looked at each other.

 

"Well that was part of it. He couldn't accept that Justin said he was gay. But Brian is a bit older then Justin." Jennifer said uncomfortably.

 

"So? Because Justin was jail bait?" Molly asked. Brian snorted and Jennifer covered her face.

 

"I didn't exactly make the best decisions for me and Justin back then...he was 17...and I was 28." Brian said. Justin laughed.

 

"You were 29." Justin said, hitting his shoulder.

 

"So that's why dad always used to scream out that Brian was a child molester?" Molly asked. That word angered Justin so much.

 

"Molly...it was really complicated back then sweetie." Jennifer tried to say.

 

"If you’re looking at the law as black and white, then yes. I guess I was." Brian said. Justin grabbed his arm and shook his head.

 

"Brian you weren't." Justin tried to say. Brian looked back at Molly.

 

"But I didn't hurt Justin. And that's what your asshole father is trying to say that I did. And that I would do that to you to." Brian said. Molly smiled sadly.

 

"I didn't think I was your type." Molly joked, making Brian chuckle.

 

"Your brother stopped being a kid his senior year in high school. He was much more mature for his age then everyone else. Your brother and Brian's relationship...it wasn't just black and white. There were a lot of gray areas. And very complicated." Jen said.

 

"I don't hate either of you." Molly said suddenly. She looked at all of them. "I don't care if you’re gay. I don't care if you marry Brian. As long as you’re happy, it doesn't bother me." she said. She took a deep breath. "But if you’re having a hard time explaining it to me, how are you gonna explain it when dad starts talking about it in court? How are you gonna explain it to them?" Molly asked. Justin and Brian just looked at each other. How were they supposed to explain it? In the court room, they weren't going to care that Justin was mature for his age. That he pursued Brian. That they were in love. Even if Brian didn't want to admit it back then. How could they explain that to them?

 

"Melanie will take care of it. She won't let it get that far. And we're getting married. It wasn't some silly little friends with benefits. Our relationship obviously meant more than just having sex, seeing as how we're planning on spending the rest of our lives together." Brian admitted. Justin's eyes widened at his honesty. "Melanie will always direct everything back to what the real issue is. And that's not about me and Justin. Or even Tucker. It's about you. And where you belong. Who's going to take care of you. Who's going to create a more stable, loving environment for you. This is what you want to do. You get a say in this to." Brian told her. She nodded her head, and then looked at her mom.

 

"Do you really think they’re going to let me have a say in where I want to live?" she asked. Jennifer nodded.

 

"They take what you say very seriously. You’re the child. And whatever you say Molly, whatever you want, you won't hurt any of us. He's your father. I don't want you to not have a relationship with him." Jennifer said. Justin sat back in his chair sadly.

 

"Well it's good to know that you’re ok with what I choose. I don't want to live with dad anymore. He's not the same dad I knew when I was a kid. I hate everything he says about you guys. It's just always so stressful there. It doesn't feel like a home." she admitted. She looked up at her mom. "This is my home mom." Molly said.

 

The next two weeks, Justin had finished up painting Gus' room and J.R.'s room at Mel and Lindsay's house. They wanted a pink garden for J.R. and a crazy jungle for Gus. Then he had started working on Gus' room at Britin. Brian and Gus decided the world of superheroes. Gus was really into lots of Superheroes at that time, much to Michael's excitement, who would sit for hours and play all different types of action figures with him. Justin asked him one night who his favorite superhero was, because he was going to make them front and center on his wall. Gus turned and said Rage! It made Brian look up and smile. Justin asked him why Rage was his favorite, and he explained to them, (because Michael had told him) that Michael and his other daddy were the ones who made Rage, and Rage was his daddy. And daddy was always his favorite superhero. Justin noticed that Brian's smile hadn't left his face all night.

 

Britin was coming along beautifully. Walls were being painted. And furniture was being brought in. Justin couldn't contain his excitement. He wasn't letting one see the house yet. He had explained since he didn't get to unveil his 'before' shot, meaning the grand house tour with everyone at once, he wasn't going to let anyone see it until it was done, and give the grand tour at their house warming party. Before the construction work was done though, he did get to show everyone the house, at separate times though. But everyone had seen it. Now they were all just waiting to see it done.

 

Brian was surprised that he was enjoying the relationship that he and Justin had now. That he was settling into their domestic life, and he was happy about it. He didn't feel like he was missing anything. He was finding out that his life was more enjoyable. Justin was right about finding something more satisfying. Finding something more meaningful. He wasn't missing fucking around with guys. He wanted to do something nice for Justin one night, and it came to him very clearly. Like it was the most obvious thing in the world. He waited at the loft for Justin to come home that night. When Justin walked in, and saw Brian standing there, and saw that the lights were off, candles were lit, and there on the floor, was a picnic, he stopped and just stood there. Brian stood there, just smiling, letting Justin realize what he was seeing.

 

"You...there's...what?" Justin said. Brian chuckled and walked closer to him.

 

"Sunshine's speechless. That's something that doesn't happen too often." Brian joked. He stood in front of him, and looked back at the picnic on the floor. "I went to the gourmet shop and got all this expensive food." Brian said, like Justin did all those years ago. "I even got chocolate covered strawberries. Pretty much anything strawberry because I know it's your favorite. I even got you flowers." Brian pointed out to the vase on the counter. Justin just stood there speechless. He looked back and forth from the flowers to the floor. "I had a good day today. Even though you weren't around...I had a good day, because I knew I'd be coming home to you." Brian said. Justin's mouth fell open. "I wanted to do something nice for you. I wanted to make you happy." Brian whispered. Justin was still silent. "Well say something please." Brian laughed.

 

"Do you think that you just giving me a picnic will make up for that picnic that you ruined for me?" Justin asked. What had he just said? Brian's mouth fell open. Justin shook his head and walked away and into the bedroom. Brian just stood there, staring at where he disappeared. He thought that Justin had forgiven him for that. He thought this was something Justin wanted. All of a sudden he was hit in the chest. Justin had thrown himself at Brian. "I'm totally just kidding." Justin said. He had the biggest smile on his face.

 

"What the fuck?" Brian whispered. Justin burst out laughing.

 

"I was just joking. Thank you so much. I love this. Thank you, thank you, thank you." Justin said. He was still smiling in his arms.

 

"You were fucking with me?" Brian asked, getting mad. Justin just laughed. "Why the fuck did you just do that?" Brian demanded.

 

"You told me one time to have some balls. I just wanted a little payback." Justin said, smiling. Brian shook his head. "This was the best surprise Brian. Thank you. This means the world to me." Justin said sincerely. Brian was still in shock, and Justin shook him a little bit. "Come on snap out of it. I just wanted to mess with you." Justin said. He kissed Brian on the lips. "Thank you for my surprise. And thank you for making me so happy." Justin said. Brian laughed.

 

"You fucking asshole." Brian said, making Justin laugh. "You nearly made me shit my pants. I thought I did something wrong." Brian said. Justin shook his head.

 

"You did everything right. I thought you didn't eat any carbs or fat after 7:00." Justin joked. Brian smiled at him.

 

"I think for one night, I can make an exception" Brian said. He leaned in and kissed Justin. "Come on and sit down. Let's do something romantic." Brian whispered the last word, and Justin closed his eyes.

 

"You’re making me hard." Justin whispered.

 

"Good. Because after I feed you, I'm going to make love to you." Brian whispered. It made Justin shiver. That was the first time he had said that.

 

"Then let's hurry up then." Justin said. Brian pulled him to lie down, and poured some wine into glasses for them. Justin snorted.

 

"What?" Brian asked.

 

"Last time you just grabbed the bottle and chugged from it." Justin said. Brian handed him the glass.

 

"I'm sorry about last time. I'm sorry that I hurt you." Brian said. Justin smiled.

 

"Thank you for saying that. But this makes up for it. You doing this for me right now makes up for that night." Justin said, smiling at him.

 

"I meant what I said that day in Britin. I'll do anything to make you happy." Brian told him. He cleared his throat. "And I realized something today." he told Justin.

 

"How perfect my ass still is after 6 years." Justin joked. Brian rolled his eyes.

 

"Something else." Brian said. Justin smiled at him.

 

"Ok then. What did you realize today?" Justin asked. Brian took a deep breath.

 

"That I did get tired of it." Brian said. Justin gave him an odd look, and then he knew that Justin realized what he meant. What he was talking about. "You were right. I did find something more meaningful. And more satisfying." Brian told him. He could tell that Justin was keeping his emotions in check, and not crying. But he knew Justin probably wanted to go all drama Queen and scream for joy. "And I was an ass last time when you said that. I asked what would that be? And I hurt you. But I know what it is. I did get tired of all the fucking around. It became boring and predictable. I found something more satisfying and more meaningful. And that's you." Brian said. That was the end of Justin keeping his emotions in check. He could tell he started crying and jumped on top of Brian.

 

"Screw the food. Make love to me now Brian Kinney." Justin said, kissing him hard on the mouth. Their clothes were shed in a matter of minutes.