Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

>

The Holiday Engagement Part 4

You could cut the tension in the room with a knife.   Everyone was clearly feeling something, but no one knew what to react to.   There was Brian, with the man that he had told everyone that he was going to spend the rest of his life with, but it was just it was well it was well you know.    Who would say something first?

Bryan stood there trying to read all their faces, and he didn’t really like what he was seeing.   It was a whole lot of confusion, and then Debbie turned around and literally lost all her shit.   Was it because Justin was so young?   Sure, he was, but they had no idea of knowing that, he didn’t look it.   Was it the baby?   Sure, the old Brian loathed kids, but hell when he woke up from the coma he had a kid of his own, so that had to have gone away sometime in the year time forgot.   He just wanted someone to say something.    Someone needed to say something……. like NOW!

Debbie was stunned.    She wanted something to happen, he wanted Brian to find happiness, but was she finding with him?    If he was with Justin though, did that mean he knew.   Oh, God he knew, and he was about to destroy them all here and now for the holidays.   Was that what was about to happen?   Where did he even get a baby?   He told her she would pay, is this what he meant.   She could still remember their last meeting…...

Flashback

“What are you doing here?” Debbie asked him.

“What do you mean?    Where else would I be?” he asked trying walk past.

“The doctor thinks that maybe it’s best if you don’t come around right now.” She told him.

“I’m sorry, you don’t have the right to make that decision.    Only Brian gets to say when we are over.”

“No, you see, right now he can’t decide for himself, and he never would have trusted his own family to decide like this, so for now I’m in charge of him.   Right now, they don’t want things of the past to get in the way of his recovery.”

“You can’t do that, not after all of this.   I have to tell him I’m sorry, I never wanted this to happen.” He cried.

“I know that honey, and none of us blame you.  No one does, this was just hate.   The only thing to blame for this is hate, now you just have to go, and get better.”

“Where am, I supposed to go now Deb?    My life is ruined, and everyone knows, and I did it for him.   I ruined my life for him?”

“Is that really what you think honey?    He helped you find your voice.   You are a beautiful person, and I’m going to miss you, and this is only temporary.    You’ll be back here with us in no time.” She cried.

“I spoke to that quack!   He doesn’t have Brian’s best interest at heart.   He doesn’t know what me being there might do for him, he doesn’t care.   Well fine, I’m gone, but I want you to realize your mistake Deb.    When he finds out what you did he is going to hate you, he going to hate you all.   Then I’ll be back, and together I’ll make sure you all pay!”

“Don’t be mad!    This is for the best, and you’ll realize that later!   Justin!   Justin I’m sorry!” Debbie screamed.

“Justin, is it?” Lindsay smiled breaking the tension.

“Yes, and you’re Lindsay, right?” Justin smiled.

“That’s correct, Brian was just telling us how you’re head of the Art Department at Kinnetic, how did that happen?”

“Funny story, one day I was in the park with my best friend Daphne, and out of the blue, Brian showed up?” Justin smiled.

“Oh you’re going to tell the way that we met, I know how you like to spin things.   Let’s have a seat, I want to hear how you spin this?”

Brian sat down at the kitchen table with his friends, and waited for Brian to tell how the two of them met.

“Well……

Flashback

Justin was doing his best at trying to draw in the middle of Central Park, but failing miserably.   He could never do something like that when he was around.

“Stop it!” a voice of reason stated.

“Daphne how does anyone expect me to do anything, when he’s just sitting over there looking, looking like that.” He explained.

“Fine, just go over there and say, hey Brian you don’t know me but I know you, and then when he says how, say well I’m the reason you’re an amnesiac and can’t remember anything.  You see I picked up a bat one night and i……”

“Don’t!  Okay, I know what happened that night, I don’t need you telling me.    It’s just it’s been three years since I left the Pitts, four since the accident.   If we weren’t meant to be together, why is it every time I run away to a new city or state, here he comes.”

“Justin, you and Brian were great together.   That night at the prom, it was magical, and when he kissed you, god I knew that you were more than just what he said you were.”

“Then I had to go and ruin it.” Justin shouted gathering his things.

“That’s not what I meant Justin.   Don’t leave angry, I thought that we were going to have lunch today, I don’t like eating alone.”

“No, I just I need to be alone right now.”

Justin had to get out of there.   It was getting harder and harder every year he was away from Brian.   How could he just do what they said?   He had rights, Brian was his, he shouldn’t have let them take him away.    He’d get him back he was sure of it.   It all was falling into place, he had just put in an application at Kinnetic, and he just had to work on his portfolio and he was going to Brian back, and he was going to do it on his……

“Oh I’m sorry, I wasn’t paying attention to where I was walking.” Justin apologized to the person he had bumped into.

Once he started thinking about Brian, his brain seemed to always find a mind of its own and accidents were always happening.

“It’s fine really.”

Justin froze.   He knew that voice, it was permanent in his mind, and he knew it in his sleep.

“So where you off to so fast?” Brian asked.

“No place, no place special.” Justin stammered.

“I can change that.” Brian smirked.

“What?” Justin asked almost in a daze.

“I see that you’re an artist, I’m looking for someone to work in my art department, the job is for shit, but if you put in the time I promise to make it worth your while.”

“Oh Mr. Kinney, I’m Justin Taylor, I’ve actually put in an application at Kinnetic your firm is one of the fastest growing in the country.”

“I’m actually about to grab some lunch, maybe you would like to join me, and show me your stuff.” Brian smirked.

Justin couldn’t believe this was happening.   Brian was totally trying to get in his pants!   He was totally being, well Brian.

“Sure I’d….
“Justin, I’m sorry okay.   I can’t believe you just ran off like that.” Daphne shouted catching up to her friend.

She noticed he wasn’t alone, and when she really looked at who was there, she thought she’d die right then.   It was Brian!

“Oh it’s quite alright if your girlfriend joins us, I’m actually going to be having lunch with my assistant Cynthia so it could just be the four of us.” Brian smiled.

Justin agreed to join him with a curt nod, but inside he was cursing Daphne and her cockblocking.”

 

“Wait, Daphne’s your girlfriend?” Emmett asked who had been following the story carefully.

“Well it was a misunderstanding on Brian’s fault, don’t worry I sat him straight so to speak.” Justin smirked entwinning his fingers with Brian.

“So who’s this little ray of sunshine.” Debbie gushed reaching for the baby.”

“This is Pepper, she doesn’t really like strangers.” Justin told her looking at her coldly.

“Oh, I don’t think that’s true, but I do smell a little something coming from her diaper, so I’m going to take her upstairs and you can get to know my family alone.   I promise they don’t bite.” Brian smirked disappearing upstairs.

The room returned to its awkward silence.   Everyone wanted to say something, but no one dared to say it.

“Oh honey. The two of you are back together!   This is like the best Christmas ever.” Emmett gushed.

“See I told you honey, Brian never said a thing….”
“Listen to me and listen right now.    Brian doesn’t know okay.   I met him I started working with him we became friends, and now we’re together.   That’s all you need to know.   It’s a clean slate, but I’ve decided for Christmas I’m giving him his life back.  I told you Deb.  I told you not to cross me.   He’s going to come down those stairs, and there will be a Novotny Christmas.   We’re going to eat that tuna casserole, sing all your stupid songs, and we’re going to end up on the ice tomorrow.   This year I’m getting my life back, and I’m going to tell him why his life turned out the way it is, but on my terms.   You all got together and you kept me erased, well now I get to say how I get back.    Am I making myself clear.” Justin snapped cutting Debbie off.

“Justin I told you..
”Am I clear!” Justin snarled cutting Deb off again and losing his temper.

“What I miss?” Brian asked returning with young Pepper.

“Oh I was just about to tell everyone about why I call Pepper well pepper.” Justin smiled.

 

End Notes:   Okay so it’s not next Monday.  I gave you another little something, but now you won’t be getting anymore until next Monday.   So tell me what you think, and be honest.  I promise this actually a happy story lol.   Too many flashbacks.   I need them so you know what happened to Brian you know, but did this chapter have to many?   So let me know and I’ll see you guys on Monday.