Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

>

The Holiday Engagement Part 2

Boarding the plane was pretty easy.   They always let people with children and the handicapped board first.   That was one thing that Brian liked about being brain damaged, the benefits of course.    He was on his way home.   He couldn’t wait to see Debbie, it had been a long time since the two of them had been face to face, the last time it was just too much for him.

Flashback

“You can’t do this!” Debbie begged.

“I have to, it’s been a year since it happened.  I know something is missing, and I know that you all know but you don’t want to tell me.”

“The doctor’s said it’s best to let it come back on its own.” She explained.

“Screw those doctors!    You told me that in this last year you hadn’t been more proud of me.    You have been here for me ever since I woke up.   I can count on my hand the times my actual mother has been here.   I accept you as my mom, because you asked me to.  I did it easily, and you said it’s because I changed.  Well if I changed so god damn much how come I don’t see it!” Brian spat.

“They said that your emotions would be all over the place, that you would revert back to what you remember and well you….”
“Reverted back to being an asshole.” He finished her thought.

“I didn’t say that Brian.   That asshole did this to you, I blame him.    You just should let us in honey, you let us before do it again.

“I can’t okay Deb, I know that you think what I’m doing right now is such a horrible thing, but it’s not.   Every day I wake up and I’m me, but the job that I use to have doesn’t exist anymore.    The friends that I made really don’t seem to like me, well accept for you guys.   Then it’s all of you.   I’m the same me that I was six years ago, and no one had a problem with that, but now.    I can see it in their eyes, they are looking for something I can’t give them, and Lindsay.   You need to tell Lindsay not come around here anymore with that kid!   I don’t know how she did it, but I didn’t sign up for that.

 

Giggles.    Brian was torn from his memory by giggles.   He looked to his left and there sat Justin Taylor with Pepper.    He guessed the first thing that he would be doing when he got to the Pitts would be to exchange that leash for something suitable for a princess.    Justin was a dad, how come he never said.

“So tell me how come you never told me that Pepper was a child?” Brian asked.

Justin looked deep in the eyes of this man he loved, and thought about how he was going to answer that.

“I never told you she was a dog Brian.   You just assumed that for some odd reason.   Sure, I didn’t tell you that she wasn’t but come on Brian, remember when Daphne was on maternity leave.” He smiled.

“Wait she really was pregnant!” Brian asked in disbelief.

“Yes she was, I told her that you didn’t pay attention to your staff.   She said you were just being nice when you told her she didn’t look fat, but I told her that you didn’t notice because she didn’t have a dick.” He laughed.

That was one of the perks of being in first class, you got your privacy, and they were pretty much alone and no one was paying attention to them talking so they could speak freely.

“I assure you I was paying attention Justin, Daphne just didn’t get all that big.   So, the two of you have a daughter together.   When are, you going to make an honest woman out of her, I see the two of you together and I see how you feel about her?”

“Brian I think I need to tell you…...”
“Shit, I need to make a call real quick.   I’m going to go in the bathroom and use the phone in there.   When I get back you will answer that question, and you will tell me this child’s name because I pray it’s not Pepper.” He smiled breaking off Justin’s speech.

Justin watched him as he excused himself to make the call while they were still in range of the cell towers.  He pondered what he would tell him about his daughter’s name.   he remembered how he felt when saw it for the first time……….

“What the fuck is this?” Justin asked slamming the birth certificate down on the table in front of Daphne.

Daphne smiled at the nurse standing in the room as she passed her their daughter.   If Justin was going to forget his manners she wouldn’t.   She watched her take the little bundle towards the nursery, she would save her outburst until they were alone.

“Now that we’re alone, what’s the problem?” she asked calmly leaning back into the bed.

“The name, how could you name her that you had no right!” he spat.

“I had all the right in the world Justin.    This is my daughter as well, and I can name her anything I damn well please.   I love that name it’s a tribute to her family.   She’ll be glad to have it when she gets older.”

“You can’t say that!   No one can say that.” Justin shouted.

Daphne took in the appearance of her friend.   He was coming unhinged, and she knew this had nothing to do with missing the birth of their daughter.

“Where were you last night Justin?   I tried to get a hold of you, but there was no answer on your phone.”

“I went to see Brian.   He called me, he needed a friend.”

“Really?” she scolded.

“Don’t, I didn’t tell him anything.”

“I know, that’s why I’m scolding.    I know that you don’t want to mess up this friendship that the two of you have, but I’m sure he won’t mind if you tell him that you’re a gay man.   I mean I can almost bet a million dollars he’ll be thrilled.” She smirked.

“I am a great friend to Brian, he trusts me.   I can’t lose this connection.    You had no right Daphne how could you give her that name?”

“Justin, I love you.    I have loved you for so long, and I know that you will never love me in the way that a man loves a woman, and I can accept that.   We made her out of love though, a silly mistake as in the act of sex, but we know that she’ll never be a mistake in our hearts.   I must think of the future.    Britany Anne Taylor will know that her parents love her.” She gently smiled at her friend.

“It’s just hard Daph, how can she have the name of a man who may never get to watch her grow?   Who may never love her the way that we do?”

“Justin, you can make this happen.   All you have to do is tell him the truth?” she pleaded.

“Which truth am I telling him Daph?   Am I telling him that I’m not straight that I’m just as gay as him?  Or shall I tell him that he used to love me and he forgot, because I’d rather have the Brian that have right now than not have him at all?” he shouted.

Sorry it took me so long, Gus says hi.   He can’t wait to see me, I didn’t tell him you were coming as well, that can be a surprise.   Now what’s this kid’s real name?” he asked.

 

End Notes:  Yea I know I said Monday, but it was just sitting on my desktop so I decided to share.   So there you have it, a secret is a secret is this a good secret?   What do you think?   Be honest, and I’ll see you next Monday with an update.