Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

CHAPTER 90: …AND GOING AWAY

 

LIONEL’S OFFICE – TWO HOURS LATER

 

LIONEL

 

I cover Lamb up with the blanket from the basket he brought and smile.  He really is perfect for me, he came twice and he knocked all the papers to the floor.  So I am sitting on the floor next to the sofa, sorting them out.

 

“I can help.”  Matthias strokes the back of my head and then massages my neck.

 

“No, you go back to sleep.”  I catch his hand between my neck and shoulder then sigh.  He swings his legs on either side of me and I stroke his leg.

 

“So what’s wrong?”  He stays my sorting.

 

“It will annoy you.”  I sigh and feel him tense slightly.  “Lamb, I am dealing with this.  But if you want to know, you have to let me deal with it, understand?”

 

“Okay Master.”

 

“Nancy Peterson lied about me, so I’m suing her.”  I wait for it and it doesn’t take long.

 

“The same one that tried to bribe Slick?”  He growls and stands up.

 

“Lamb.  Sit down!”  I order and although it takes a few more seconds than I would like, he does as he is told.  “Yes that one.”  The tension starts to leave him as I stroke his leg again.  “The hearing will be next Thursday.  Matthias, you can come with me if you remain calm when we get there.”

 

He rests his head on top of mine.  “I will be calm Lionel but why the hell are they picking on her so much? First her daughter and now her! They’re bullies and I hate bullies after…”

 

“Matty.”  I use the one name that calms him down instantly.  “Slick’s stronger than you think.”

 

He huffs out a breath.  “She had to be.”  He murmurs.

 

“And now she’s got more back up if she needs it.  Now come and help me.”  I pat the floor next to me. I smile at him playfully.  “Since you made the mess.”

 

“Only because of you.”  He kisses me softly after he sits down.  “So what am I doing?”

 

SLICK’S CAR EMPORIUM – MONDAY EARLY EVENING

 

FORECOURT

 

SLICK

 

He would be a rubbish spy.  Ever since he came in, he has been trying to find the RV.  You’d think he’d notice that a massive Silverstream RV is not here.

 

“Um Slick.  I’m going to go to the junkyard to…”

 

“Justin for the last time, it is not here!  Not anywhere on this lot.  He wants you to wait.  Now go back to your studio and paint or something.”

 

“I’m…”

 

“Why not go and see Emmy Lou?”  I suggest and his eyes light up as I suspect he thinks that Emmy Lou will know.

 

“Yes!  I mean, I need to speak to him about the apprenticeship thing.  See ya!”

 

He gallops to his car and is gone and I call Emmy Lou.

 

HONEYCUTT HOUSE OF FOOD – 40 MINUTES LATER

 

EMMY LOU

 

I have to laugh because even if I did know where it is, I locked it down promised so I’m not going to blab anything.  I hear the familiar growl of Oliver and put on my game face.

 

“Hi Emmy Lou!”  Justin beams when he comes in.  “How are….mmmph!”

 

I take that opportunity to put a piece of toffee pie in his mouth.  While he’s frantically chewing, I start to close up.  “Come on baby.”

 

I usher him out and within minutes, we’re at the diner.  The toffee pie has done its job as he’s still chewing.

 

“Debs, can we have the fish burger and the duck with string fries and a salad please?”

 

“Right there!”  Debs calls out as she rushes past.  “Claire!  Fish and duck with strings and greens for the back!”

 

“Got it!”

 

Five minutes later, his jaw is finally free and he glares at me and Debs.  “You’re not going to tell me, are you?”

 

“No.”  I cackle.

 

“Not going to tell him what?”  Kyle asks as Justin slumps in his seat.

 

“Where the RV that Slick found for them is.  Brian…”  Debs grins.

 

“Oh it’s at the Mount Gay Impound…”  Kyle trails off grimacing.

 

“Kyle!”  Kiki yells.  “How the fuck is that not telling him?!”

 

“Aha!”  Justin squeals.  “Let me out!  Sarah, I want that to go!”  We’re too slow for him and he clambers over us to get out.

 

“Justin, please don’t do this!”  Debs pleads but he’s gone.

 

She turns to Kyle.  “You can tell Slick and Brian that he knows!”

 

“Isn’t there some battery acid I can be dipped into instead?”  Kyle begs.

 

MOUNT GAY IMPOUND YARD – AN HOUR LATER

 

RECEPTION

 

JUSTIN

 

“But it’s my RV!”

 

“Which RV is that?  You have no paperwork.”  Kane, the receptionist, smiles in the face of my indignant expression.  “Justin, you’re not getting in here.  She’s not started on it; just be patient.”

 

“So it’s here then?”

 

“Justin, what exactly are you doing?”  The familiar but unhappy tones of my husband wash over me so I paste on my most winning smile then turn to him.  “Aren’t you supposed to be painting…at Britin?”

 

“I needed some inspiration.  I’m thinking of going for a darker edge to…uh um.”

 

“Give me the keys and go to the car.”  Sighing, I do as I’m told and lean against Oliver as I wait for him.  When he comes back, he opens the door without looking at me.  “Get in.”

 

I plop into the seat with a full-on pout as we drive back to Britin in silence.

 

BRITIN

 

GARAGE

 

He hasn’t said a word yet.  I think I’ve really pissed him off.

 

“Lock up.”  He orders as he exits the car.

 

I scramble out.  “Sorry.”  I call out to his retreating back.  “I just wanted to know where it was.”

 

I close the door and sigh. Yep, he’s pissed off.  I was about to head to my studio when I remembered my dinner.  Opening the door, I take it out and make my way inside.

 

“Where are you going?”  Brian asks as he passes me.

 

“Studio.  I’m going to paint.”  I reply quietly and he sighs before tugging me into his arms.

 

“You said you would wait...”

 

“I’ve been a spoilt brat and a princess?”  I concede and he nods.

 

My spoilt brat and princess.”  He smiles.  “Please Justin, leave it alone.  I’m really busy over the next few months and I want to do this together.”

 

I fiddle with his buttons.  “Okay, I promise.”

 

“Good.  Now before you go and paint, there’s something I need to do.”

 

Ten minutes later, he’s on the way back to Kinnetic and I’m on my way up to my studio.  Although my ass is throbbing where he spanked me, I’m smiling.

 

ANDREA BRINKMAN’S RESIDENCE – TUESDAY LATE MORNING

 

NANCY’S BEDROOM

 

NANCY

 

I’m so glad to be back here.  Being in those hotels were horrendous and the fault of my supposed family, that Phoenix woman and Elspeth.  I have had a very relaxing time of it.  Andrea is out all day so I am on my own.

 

I know I have to call Oliver back but I just wanted to relax today.  As I come down the stairs, the door knocks. I head to the lounge and let Andrea’s maid deal with it.

 

LOUNGE

 

I sink into the cushions sighing happily. God it really is so good to be back!

 

“Mrs Peterson, there is someone to see you.”  Her maid announces.

 

“I will be out there in a moment.”  I tell her and smile to myself. No doubt Ronald is coming to his senses.

 

“But he’s…”

 

“In a moment!”  I tell her sharply and she nods then retreats.

 

“I have better things to do than wait for you to get off your ass!”  A man’s voice interrupts my thoughts.

 

“Who the hell are you?!”  I demand.

 

“My name is Andrew Park. I represent Lionel Barth and you have been served!  Get that to your attorney quickly!”  He snaps.

 

I drop the envelope in shock as he strides out then I catch the look on the maid’s face.

 

“You never saw a thing!”  I hiss at her.

 

“Of course.”  She replies, making her way back to the kitchen.

 

I reach for the envelope and shakily open it.  My stomach roils as I read the contents and I reach for the phone.

 

Taking a steadying breath, I put it on speaker so I can make any notes and call Oliver.  He doesn’t pick up.  I try Lynette and she doesn’t pick up either.  They must be out I think to myself.  So I dial Ronald.

 

“Hello?”  A woman’s voice answers and I blink in surprise.

 

“Oh apologies, I’ve misdialed. I thought I was calling Ronald Peter…”

 

“This is his phone, wait a sec.”  I gape at the screen and hear her shouting for him.

 

“Thank you my dear.  Ronald Peterson.”

 

I’m too stunned to speak for a couple of minutes.

 

“Hello, this is Ronald Peterson.  Who’s calling…ah Nancy, what do you want?”

 

“What do I want?”  I snarl.  “Who was that?!”

 

“What do you want?”  He replies, ignoring my question.

 

“I’m trying to find Oliver but he doesn’t seem to be answering his phone and….”

 

“He’s here…one moment.”  I hear him saying something before he comes back.  “He says to check your messages.”

 

And then he hangs up.  I redial but it goes straight to voicemail.

 

PETERSON RESIDENCE

 

LOUNGE

 

RONALD

 

I look at the phone and wait for it to ring but it doesn’t. I check that it is working and it is.

 

“I can’t believe she’s not rung here.”  I mumble to myself.

 

“Helps if she has the number…”  Oliver tells me.

 

“Pardon?”  I turn to look at him.

 

“While I had her phone, I deleted that number.”  He grins.  “Now come along you’ve got a grandson to get to know.”

 

I follow him into the dining room and give Gus a small smile. I’m gratified as he smiles back.

 

“Right, where were we?”  Lynette asks looking around.  “Oh yes.  Eating and...”

 

Gus stares at me for a minute.  “Didn’t you want to meet me?”

 

I sigh and retake my seat.  “It wasn’t that Gus. I was…was a coward.”  I admit more to myself than anyone else.  “But I would like to get to know you now, if you’d let me.”

 

He looks across at Mel and she grins. There is also a small chuckle from Lucy.

 

“What?” I ask.

 

“Um I have to say something before that.  I was kinda rude to grandmamma.”

 

“Oh yes.  What did you say?”

 

“I called her a deranged battleaxe and said that…”

 

“Yeah, he doesn’t need to know the rest!”  Lucy interrupts giggling.

 

“I’ll tell him when you’ve gone.”  Oliver snickers.

 

“Okay.”  Gus beams and we start to eat.

 

I am so happy that when we finally said goodbye, I have to call Kimberly and tell her all about it.

 

ANDREA BRINKMAN RESIDENCE – EARLY EVENING

 

NANCY’S BEDROOM

 

I just keep staring at the ceiling.  I listened to Oliver’s message and spent the best part of three hours trying to find another attorney.  I left many a message for both him and Lynette but they never call me back.

 

PETERSON-MARCH RESIDENCE – LATE EVENING

 

LOUNGE

 

OLIVER

 

She looks like she’s had the weight of a thousand years lifted from her shoulders.  She’s pouring us some brandy and still smiling.

 

“Okay, so how did you do that Mrs Peterson-March?”

 

“Do what?”  She looks at me with a mischievous smile.

 

“Lynette…do you want me to interrogate you?”

 

Her eyes light up.  “After I tell you counsel...”

 

Start of flashback

PETERSON-MARCH RESIDENCE – MONDAY MORNING

 

LOUNGE

 

LYNETTE

 

I wait for Oliver to go to work and quickly call Elspeth. After explaining what I wanted to do, she gave me the details I needed.  Grabbing my coat and purse, I make my way to hopefully make my daddy happy…biologically he’s not my father but to me he’s my dad.

 

As I pull up in the taxi, I pause then after taking a breath, I walk up the path but before I even knock the door is pulled open.

 

MEL & JENNY’S RESIDENCE

 

“I’m Mel.”  She looks at me warily and I can understand.  “I’m prepared to listen.  That’s all I can offer right now.”

 

I nod and smile.  “So can I come in?”

 

“Oh of course, sorry!”

 

I follow her and we end up in a cosy lounge.  “Have a seat.  Do you want some coffee or something?”

 

“I’ll have whatever you’re having.”  I reply and then I spot a picture of a young boy.  “Is that Gus?”

 

“Yes.  He was 11 then.  Here.”  She hands me a glass of champagne and I look at her in surprise.

 

“It’s twelve o’clock somewhere.”

 

“True.”  I smile and take the seat she indicates.

 

“So…”

 

“First, my daddy doesn’t know I’m here but I want to explain why I’m here and hope that you can see your way to letting them meet.”  I take another breath.  “Ronald Peterson is one of the kindest men I know…”

 

An hour later, she’s incredulous.  “And she just said it like that?”

 

I nod.

 

“Wow.  So that’s where Lindsay gets it from; what a pair of witches!”  She snarls.  “Oh sorry, I know she’s your mother and…”

 

I wave away her apologies.  “I’ve called her much worse in my head.”  I swallow hard and feel the tears prickle in my eyes.

 

“Lynette, is there something else?”  She asks gently.  “Lucy, well Elspeth said that there was something in your past…”

 

I don’t know why but I find myself telling her about the attack and how mother behaved.

 

“Does Lindsay know?”  I frown and then shake my head.  “Thank goodness as she would’ve thrown it back in your face time and time again.  Believe me I know.”

 

She gets up and starts to rifle through a drawer.  “And you never reported it?”

 

“No, she wouldn’t allow it.  And it’s too late now.”  I sigh.

 

“Not necessarily.  Let me check on something.”  She squeezes my hand.  “So what’s Ronald doing tomorrow afternoon?”

End of flashback

 

OLIVER

 

I wipe the tears off her face.  “My darling, even if nothing happens with what Mel is going to do, you will have closure.  You will face him and be what you are.  The better person.”

 

She grins at me.  “I know.  Can I ask you something?”  I nod.  “Why haven’t you done whatever it is that Mel is trying to do?”

 

I sigh and pull her into my arms.  “Two reasons: one, your mother.  And secondly, I didn’t want to be the one that let you down.  I couldn’t bear it.  Do you understand?  Am I forgiven?”

 

She smiles up at me and nods before standing up and walking towards the door.  “Now this interrogation counsel.”

 

ALLEGHANY COURTHOUSE – THURSDAY MORNING

 

COURTROOM 3

 

JUDGE DIANA HAROLD-SHAW

 

I look around the court and frown at the distinct lack of the plaintiff.  This seems to give Nancy Peterson a reason to be smug.  I couldn’t help but roll my eyes as Andrea Brinkman and Sophie West take their seats behind her…definitely birds of a feather flocking together.

 

I can’t help but feel sorry for Constance Lewis. She’s been saddled with Nancy Peterson, who according to her has been behaving like she’s the injured party and feels like she’s being harassed.  She wants to put in a harassment report against Det. Crane but that is not going to happen.

 

I exchange one more look with George, my bailiff, and he mouths ‘two minutes’ at me.  In less than one, the door opens and my eyes bug out of my head as Philip St Bride strides towards me.

 

“My apologies Judge Harold-Shaw, but I was stuck in traffic.  I hope you haven’t been waiting long?”  I just shake my head even George is shell-shocked.  “I’m representing Slick Phoenix and Lionel Barth.”

 

“Li-Lionel Barth?”  I stammer.

 

“Yes, I know this is late in the day for a submission but there were extenuating circumstances.  Mr Barth was supposed to attend court himself but alas he had a family emergency.  Mr Barth has served defamation of character papers to Mrs Peterson but because Mrs Peterson neglected to advise the authorities of her change of address, it took some time to find her.”

 

The look that Constance gives Mrs Peterson could melt a glacier.  Andrea and Sophie exchange surprised looks.

 

“This is the first the court has heard of this.  Please may we see the papers?”  I recover some composure and he hands copies to Constance and me.

 

I had the pleasure of catching the live show and look across at Constance and she nods.

 

“Of course Mr…I mean counsel, this will be heard after this hearing.”

 

“Thank you your honour, fellow counsel.”  He acknowledges and I watch Constance tamp down her beam of pride.  “I would also like to explain the absence of Ms Phoenix your honour.”

 

“Proceed.”

 

“Ms Phoenix was never going to attend…”

 

“Excuse me counsel but my client had advised me differently.”

 

“I don’t doubt that for a moment counsel.  Because of the compelling evidence, it was agreed with the DA that this was not necessary.”

 

“Thank you counsel.”  Constance replies and Nancy Peterson would be a pile of ash right now if looks could kill.

 

“So you will be reading a statement on her behalf after the evidence is seen, correct?”  I ask.

 

“Yes your honour.”  I can’t help the frisson of professional pleasure…Philip St Bride called me your honour.

 

I give myself a shake and look around the court.  “As has been alluded to, there is enough compelling evidence to warrant this hearing to be with myself and my colleague Judge Albert Watts.  Therefore, there will be no jury.  George, please can you bring Judge Watts to the court?”

 

George doesn’t take long.  “All rise.”  He orders.

 

“Please be seated.”  Albert orders.

 

I clear my throat.  “Judge Watts, the first piece of evidence is the courtroom recording with regards to the trial of Lindsay Peterson where Nancy Peterson admitted attempting to bribe Slick Phoenix…”

 

After three hours of watching and listening to the evidence, Nancy Peterson has lost a lot of her arrogance.  I had to bite the inside of my cheek when I saw her appearance after her stint in county.

 

“There will be an hour’s recess while…”

 

“Judge Harold-Shaw, there is no need for that.  To me, there is no doubt of her guilt in this attempted bribery case.  The verbal racial assault of Melody Chen and Officer LeRoy is also proven.  The defamation of Mr Barth, again, has been proven.  All by both the verbal and written words of Nancy Peterson.  Mr St Bride, the statements from Ms Phoenix and Mr Barth do not need to be read but they will be placed on file.”  Albert clears his throat, takes a long draught of water and then nods at me.  “Judge Harold-Shaw, please proceed to your sentencing.”

 

The gasp from Nancy Peterson reverberates round the room.

 

“Nancy Peterson, you have been found guilty of attempted bribery and verbal racial assault and I, Judge Diana Harold-Shaw sentence you to three years in prison for bribery and 18 months for racial assault.  The punitive damages of $5000 is awarded to Lionel Barth, also an apology to Mr Barth from you Nancy Peterson needs to be written and a copy placed on file…”

 

“But your honour!”  She shrieks.  “You need to take into consideration how stressful the days leading up to that had been!”

 

“No I don’t and no I won’t!”  I snap at her.  “Remain standing!  I have not finished.”  I order as she starts to sit down.

 

“You will serve these sentences consecutively at Pittsburgh Women’s Correctional.  Clearly you didn’t take these charges seriously Mrs Peterson and that is your folly.  Is there someone who can meet you at this court by 1800 with your things?”

 

“Onward…”  She gapes incredulously at me.

 

“Yes Mrs Peterson, you will be held here and then transported to the correctional unit. So is there someone that can prepare your things?”

 

“But…”

 

“Your honour.”  Philip St Bride interrupts.  “I believe I can assist here.  Elspeth Miller-Fox will be able to collect her things and get them delivered here so she can sort through what little she can take with her.  If, of course, that is agreeable to Mrs Peterson?”

 

Her mouth just drops open and she doesn’t say anything.

 

“Mrs Peterson, is that agreeable to you?”  I demand.

 

“Ye-yes your honour.”  She stammers, going a rather unattractive shade of green.

 

“Where should…”

 

“Oh don’t worry your honour. She knows exactly where to go.”  Philip St Bridge replies.

 

“The two cases of the State vs Nancy Peterson, and Lionel Barth vs Nancy Peterson are hereby settled.  Please remove her to the holding cell.  Court is dismissed.”

 

“All rise.”  George orders.

 

PHILIP ST BRIDE

 

I wait patiently for the room to empty and watch the roaches start to scurry away into their dark and happy place.

 

“Ladies!”  I bark out and they stop immediately.  “Come back here.”  I order.

 

Andrea turns first, smiling sweetly.  “Philip, we had no…”

 

“Listen!”  I hiss.  “Get her stuff ready. Elspeth will be there by four.  Be grateful that she doesn’t feel you are worthy enough to come after since you have been disparaging her character around town.  One more word from you two about her or if you start out on Sandrine, I will come after you with everything I have.  And I have more than you.  Do we understand each other?”

 

Andrea unwisely goes for bravado.  “Are you threat…”

 

“No.  I am promising you.  Look up Mhunga Duhabi. He was a general in Sierra Leone only in the army for three years and obeying instructions.  He got 40 years when I was done with him!”

 

“Philip.”  Sophie sighs.  “We understand and we will be there.”

 

“Good.”  I snap.  “Now fuck off into the darkness you disgusting roaches.”

 

I stalk out calling my darling Sandrine on the way.

 

ST BRIDE RESIDENCE – SUNDAY LUNCHTIME

 

SANDRINE

 

I feel so sorry for Matthias. Whatever happened at the beginning of the week, led to a horrendous cold and he’s only just been able to leave the house.  It is so sweet to watch Lionel tend to him although he is griping that he is overly warm with the four blankets.

 

The squad are bustling round getting things ready for lunch.  Next weekend is going to be very sad for us and the Avenue as Emmy Lou, Claire and Terez head to New York.  Terez did take a few days to forgive us for our duplicity but she’s now looking forward to it.

 

I tap my glass.  “Everyone, lunch is served!”

 

Philip gives my butt a squeeze and I manage to contain my squeak of surprise but not the blush that floods my face.  “There you are.”  He whispers in my ear and goes to sit down.

 

We still can’t believe what Slick and Brian have done for them in New York.  Between them, they have found a Brownstone that they are sharing.  It will be the base for Brian and Justin when they go over in November and Ted, who is the most adorable man and he has been somewhat dragged out of his shell by Terez, will be going with them to find an office base for Kinnetic.

 

I can’t believe how happy I am!

 

SLICK

 

I look across to my brother-from-another-mother and best man to be and raise my glass.  He indicates that I should follow him.  I give Lindon a squeeze and Brian kisses the top of Justin’s head.

 

BACK GARDEN

 

“What up bruh?”  I ask and nudge him.

 

He chuckles and drapes an arm over my shoulders.  “Nut’in.”  He replies quietly.

 

“You surprised too?”  I lock eyes with him.

 

“Yeah.  I just think that…”

 

“You want me to dismantle the RV?”  I arch a brow.  “Just imagine how happy Justin will be about that.”  He shakes his head.  “And if some fucking shit goes down, then look in there, on the Avenue and at me to know that we’ve got you.  Both of you.”

 

“And you always will.”  He smiles.

 

“Neither Justin nor I are going anywhere.”  I tell him firmly.  “Tell me you believe that.”

 

“I believe that.”

 

“Good.  Now let’s go eat.  This is the last weekend of Emmy’s food for a while.”  I bound inside and leave him to his thoughts.

 

BRIAN

 

“Fuck!”  I wipe my eyes.  “I’m going to miss that Nelly Bottom.”  I look up to the heavens and sigh.  “Look after them please. They’re family, especially him.”

 

“You need more time?”  Justin asks quietly.  “Shall I sort a plate for you?”

 

“No I need a hug from my husband, who is my home.”

 

“Come here.”  He opens his arms and I sink in.

 

PENNSYLVANIA WOMEN’S CORRECTIONAL FACILITY – TWO MONTHS LATER

 

INFIRMARY

 

LINDSAY

 

I have never been so ill in my life.  I can’t stop throwing up!  I’m waiting for the doctor to come in after they ran a few tests.

 

“Okay Peterson, I have found out what’s wrong with you.  You’re pregnant.”

 

“Oh my God, I must have been raped!”  I gasp, feeling faint.  “I need to see the Warden; one of the guards must have done this!”

 

“No they could not!”  He states emphatically.  “You are over three months pregnant so whatever happened to you happened before you came in here.”

 

“Before I…”  I stammer and then realise that it wasn’t a bad dream.

 

Start of flashback

BACCARAT HOTEL, NEW YORK – FOUR MONTHS AGO

 

MY SUITE

 

I open my eyes and wince as the pain lashes across my skull.  I can feel a warm body behind me but before I can turn around, I feel a stickiness between my legs.  I reach down and feel something weird and pull. I have no idea what it is and dump it on the floor, not sparing the disgusting thing another look.

 

An arm flops over my side and pulls me closer and because I am feeling so tired with a throbbing head, I go back to sleep.

 

An hour later, I wake up again and turn over to find Michael sleeping in my bed and we are both naked!  Fuck!  Michael!  I turn back over and try to work out what to do but then Michael wakes up and I freeze and pretend to be asleep.  Mercifully, he slinks out without a word.

 

Once I’m alone, I feel affronted. It is slightly insulting that he goes without saying anything as if I’m something he should be ashamed off.

 

The rest of the New York trip was blighted by two things: the fact that they stayed in Los Angeles and my period arrived with a vengeance!

End of flashback

 

LINDSAY

 

“Is there anything you can do about getting rid of it?”  I ask.

 

“Uh no.  Unfortunately, it is too late.  However, you will be moved to the mother and baby wing at the end of the week, so that we can keep an eye on you.”

 

I look at him keenly.  “So I will be moved out of this wing?”

 

“Yes, you need to be monitored.”

 

“Thank you.”  I sniff. He’s not too bad looking.

 

“You’re welcome.  Now we need to talk about what happens after you give birth.”

 

“Whatever you feel is best.”  I smile at him.

 

He smiles back.  “Okay.  So about the father?”

 

“He abandoned me, without conscious.”  I sigh.

 

“That’s awful!  Do you have a name?  Maybe I can make enquiries as to his current location.”

 

I shake my head.  “I just want to forget all of this.  He’s not worth my time anymore.”

 

“If you’re sure...  I hate men that don’t take on their responsibilities.”  He growls and takes my hand.

 

“I’m sure.”  I smile at him again and tuck my hair behind my ear.  “So doctor…”  I trail off.

 

“Cameron.  David Cameron.”  He smiles.

 

“So what do you think I should do?”

 

“Tell me your first name.”  He grins.

 

An hour later, I’m heading back to my cell with a guard.  I can’t wait to tell Edna to fuck off.

 

“So…”

 

“You finally realised you’re pregnant?”  Edna sneers.

 

I gape at her.  “What?  How?”

 

“Nothing goes on without my knowledge.  Enjoy your time away.  You’ll be back in no time!”

 

She strolls out laughing.

 

“Oh no I won’t!”  I mutter angrily.  “I fully intend to be out of here early!  That bastard child will be gone and David and I will be married.”

 

Pasting a smile on my face, I start to pack my things…

 

…every day that passed I got bigger and for the last two months, I was on bed rest. Whatever genetic makeup that Novotny has, is horrendous.  I gave birth to a girl but I signed away my rights immediately, I don’t want to see her.  David was delighted.  He told me just to keep my nose clean and we will soon be together.

 

DAVID CAMERON

 

I can’t wait for Lindsay to get out.  When I found out about her family I couldn’t believe it.  I’m looking forward to seeing Lynette again. After all, it was her look of fear that made me realise just how powerful I am…

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

So this is the end for now but they will be back.

Please review kindly and constructively.  Thank you.