Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

CHAPTER 86: FIRST DATE AND BEING STRONG

 

ALLEGHANY COURTHOUSE – TUESDAY MORNING

 

ATTORNEY’S OFFICE

 

MS CHEN

 

I am still chuckling at the memory of Gus’s speech and sorting through the paperwork, happy to never have to deal with Lindsay Peterson or her ilk, as her mother put it, again.

 

“Hey Melody.”  Catherine, our PA pokes her head through the door.  “A Det. Crane is here to see you.  He’s in Room 2.”

 

“Sure.”  I frown trying to remember if I had an appointment with him.

 

DET. CRANE

 

I get up and shake Melody Chen’s hand and sit back down.

 

“So Det. Crane, what can I do for you?”

 

“What are the chances of charging Nancy Peterson with attempted bribery?”

 

She looks up in surprise and indicates I should continue.  “It was something she said during her hissy fit in court.  ‘If you had accepted my offer.’  Any offers have to come from the person committing the crime.  So I had a word with a couple of people.  Turns out she went to Ms Phoenix, trying to get her to drop the charges by offering her the money her daughter owed plus some on top.  Ms. Phoenix sent her off with a flea in her ear.”

 

She slaps and then rub her forehead.  “Seriously?!  What is wrong with those two?”

 

“Thing is I get the feeling that Ms Phoenix is happy with the result she’s got but I’m old school and even if…”

 

“Okay we need to look at the court tape and see if there is any way we can prove her offer to Ms Phoenix.”

 

I nod and stand.  We shake hands and I hand her my card.  “Call me with whatever you have.”

 

As I start to walk away, she calls me back.  “We can take a look now and if I’m right, then we can do something this afternoon.”

 

RECORDING SUITE

 

MELODY

 

“Can you play me the tape for the last day of the State vs Novotny and Peterson?”  I ask the adjudicator and we settle down.

 

After ten minutes, because we had to listen to Gus’s speech, at least twice, we have what we need.  Now I’m hoping that what Horvath told me about her place is true.

 

“Come on we need to go speak to her and then a Judge.”

 

PETERSON RESIDENCE – TUESDAY LUNCH TIME

 

RONALD

 

“Looking forward to it.”  I reread and can’t help the smile tugging at my lips.

 

The knocking at the door startles me and as I see a familiar shape, my heart sinks.

 

“Nancy.”  I sigh and lean against the wall blocking her progress.

 

“Aren’t you going to invite me in?”  She demands.  “I would rather not discuss family business on the doorstep.”

 

“You and I are no longer family so I don’t feel we have anything to discuss.  If there is a problem with the children, they are old enough to either deal with it themselves or approach me for help.”

 

Her mouth drops open before she glares at me.  “I want an apology for the way you treated me on Sunday.”  She demands quietly but imperiously.

 

“Why?  I’m not sorry.  And don’t bother going to see Lynette and Oliver as they aren’t there.  He’s taken them away for a couple of days.  Seems that hearing her mother behaving like a deranged battleaxe gave Lynette an attack of the vapours so he thought a shopping trip in New York was called for.”

 

“How did…?”  She gasps.

 

“Oh you know how a WASP like to gossip.”  I chuckle, remembering the snort of laughter that came out of Lynette as she was telling me afterwards.  “Now if you’ll excuse me, I have things to do.”

 

“What?”  She sneers bitterly.  “More golfing with the guys if in fact that was what you were doing.”  She tries once again to come in.

 

“What I’m doing is none of your concern.  But for the record…”  I clear my throat.  “I honoured my vows!”  I yell and Nancy goes ashen.

 

“Ronald!” She hisses.  “Keep your voice down!”

 

“What for?  You don’t live here so the embarrassment factor is mine.  Now go about your business and I’ll go about mine.”

 

I take great pleasure in slamming the door in her face.

 

JUSTIN’S STUDIO, LIBERTY AVENUE

 

BRIAN

 

“Ouch!”  I yelp as his hand connects with my ass.  “Okay I’m sorry!”

 

“Two more!”  He growls and pulls my hand off trying to soothe my heated skin.

 

“Justin, I…ow!”  I gasp and wriggle in his lap, finding him surprisingly strong.  “I was…oh!”

 

“You were bad Mr Taylor-Kinney.  Letting Gus say what we agreed he should not say.”

 

I look over my shoulder, first at my red ass and then at his face… his lust blown eyes make my cock twitch.

 

“Can I get up now?”  I ask.

 

“Lie down.”  He jiggles his knees and I get up and lie down as ordered.  “Don’t move.”

 

“Uh Justin, I’m sorry I shouldn’t have let Gus say it but he just…mmm!”  I groan as the warmth of his tongue slides across my skin.

 

“Keep talking.”  He murmurs.

 

“Wan-wanted to say it just once.”  I manage to gasp out and wriggle as he nips my ass cheeks, leaving hickeys no doubt.

 

“Assume my favourite position.”  He orders as he runs his nails down my spine.

 

Sparks fly down my spine and behind my eyes as I quickly get on my elbows and raise my ass high.

 

“Uh-uh fuck!”  I moan as he slides slowly into me and then starts to move.

 

Ten minutes later, I’m shuddering and my cock is pumping across the sofa as Justin is pumping into me.

 

“I can’t believe you just did that.”  I pant as he slowly pulls out and we collapse in a satiated heap.

 

He gasps and starts to scramble back but I turn quickly and reach for him.  I pull him into my arms.  “I didn’t say that was a bad thing. It was just unexpected.”

 

He looks up and I slide him up my sweaty body so that our faces are level, kissing him until he starts to relax.  “Unexpected but good.”  I stroke the hair off his face. “And I did misbehave after all.”

 

He giggles and kisses me gently and then gasps while staring at the spot behind me.

 

“What?”

 

“Um.  I think you may have…”  He holds up my phone and it shows his mom’s number has been dialed.

 

“Oh God!”  I groan, feeling my other cheeks heat.  “Is she still there?”  I whisper.

 

“Mom…?”  He goes quiet after a few minutes he looks at me before hanging up.  “Psyche!”

 

I smack him on his butt.

 

SLICK’S CAR EMPORIUM – TUESDAY LATE AFTERNOON

 

OFFICE

 

LINDON

 

Det. Crane is staring at Slick, willing her to comply and it is taking everything not to snatch the disc out of her hands.  I’m just tired of dealing with the Petersons of this world hurting my girl.

 

“This going to happen anyway?”  She asks again.

 

“Yes.”  Melody Chen explains.  “Giving us the disc saves us a court order.”

 

“Nothing is going to happen with Gus?  After what he said to her I mean.”  She looks sternly between them pulling the disc back out of their reach.

 

“Absolutely not.  You have my word.”  Det. Crane starts to inch forward.

 

“Will I have to make a statement or face her in court?”

 

He pauses in his inching and looks across at Melody and she shakes her head.

 

“A statement yes, court appearance no.  From what I’ve seen it’s clear cut.”

 

“Fine.  Here.”  She hands them the disc and I rub my temple, heaving a sigh of relief.

 

“Thank you very much Det. Crane and Ms Chen for bringing this.  What happens now?”

 

“We get an arrest warrant and go pick her up.”  Det. Crane smiles grimly.

 

“Why did you push for this?”  I take her hand and give it a squeeze.

 

“Some folks need to learn and she’s one of those folks.”  He replies simply, putting the disc in an evidence bag.  “Good day to you both.  Thank you again.”

 

As the door closes, we watch them walk across the forecourt and drive away. She sighs.

 

“What?”  I give her a gentle squeeze.

 

“I just hope that this is the end of it.  I don’t think I will be able to control myself if I have to deal with them again.”

 

“Me neither.”  I sigh.  “But right now, we have something more important to do.”

 

“What’s that?”

 

“An afternoon delight?”  I smirk and pull her to the sofa.

 

DISH OSTERIA AND BAR – EVENING

 

RONALD

 

Kimberley is such a refreshing change from the stuffiness of what I’m used to.  She’s been making me laugh, telling me about how she walked in on Kyle with his first boyfriend, who happened to be one of her friends. To this day, they are still friends.

 

“If that happened in the…”  I try to explain.

 

“Nest?”  She smirks.

 

“Yes the nest.  Ostracisation would be immediate.”

 

“Is that what happened to your daughter?”  She frowns.

 

“Not with me but with Nancy.  She couldn’t and won’t understand the lifestyle.  To be honest, neither can I but that doesn’t stop me from loving my children.”

 

“What about Gus?”

 

I sigh sadly.  “I’m afraid I was a cowed man. I didn’t and haven’t gotten to know him.”

 

“You can change that.”  She replies firmly.  “You’re not cowed now and from what you’ve said about what he said to your ex, he sounds like a great kid.”

 

“What about you?  Any children?”

 

“No.  Unfortunately not, but I’m on the waitlist for adoption.  I’m slowly moving up and I can’t wait.  I don’t care who the child is as long as he or she is mine.”

 

I grin at her and we toast.

 

“So?  Are we going to be doing this again?”  She asks, catching me unaware and I cough into my drink.

 

“You’d want to?”  I ask hesitantly.

 

“Of course!  You, Mr Peterson, are a very interesting man.”  She smiles.  “And I suspect a fantastic dancer.”

 

“Dancer?”  I try to think of the last time I danced.  “I’ve not had any complaints.  You like to dance?”

 

“I love it and it’s good to know that you’ve not had complaints.  You know what they say about men who can dance…”

 

I go bright red and inhale some water, whilst she giggles heartily.

 

“Yes I do know and I would like to see you again.”  I reply when I recover my composure.

 

“Good.  Let’s drink to that Fred Astaire.”

 

PITTSBURGH COUNTRY CLUB – WEDNESDAY LUNCH TIME

 

BAR

 

NANCY

 

I’m sitting with Andrea and Sophie, sipping cocktails.  After the unpleasantness of yesterday, this is just what I need.

 

“So did you arrange a date with that gentleman from Sunday?”  Sophie asks.

 

I smile and sip the martini.  “I gave him my number but told him not to call me until this evening.”

 

“What on earth for?  Why are you waiting?”  Andrea looks surprised.  “There’s nothing to hold you back now.”

 

“True but I wanted to…”  I watch the incredulous expressions on their face.  “What?  I have to…”

 

“Not you.  The police are here!”  Andrea hisses and I look behind me.  “He reminds me of Columbo.”  She snickers.

 

I can't help nodding in agreement and then we all gasp when he stops in front of us.

 

“Nancy Peterson?”  He asks and I nod weakly as Andrea and Sophie exchange looks.

 

“I’m Det. Crane.  Can you come with me please?”

 

“Oh God, is it Lindsay?”  I whisper as Andrea puts her arm around me.

 

“No ma’am.   Please come with me so we can…”

 

“Just tell me!”  I demand, tightening my hold on the glass as the room goes quiet.

 

“Fine. Nancy Peterson, I am arresting you for the attempted bribery of Slick Phoenix with regards to the fraud case of your daughter, Lindsay Peterson.  You have the right to remain silent…”

 

I don’t hear what he’s saying but I do feel the coldness as Andrea and Sophie move away from me.

 

“Mrs Peterson, you need to come with us now.”   An officer tells me.

 

He takes my arm and Sophie wordlessly hands me my purse.  “Do you have a coat?”  He asks and I nod.

 

Five minutes later, I’m sitting in the back of the squad car and watch the doors of the country club close, feeling my ears start to burn.

 

BAR

 

ANDREA

 

“Well!”  I look at a stunned Sophie as the muttering starts.  “She won’t be going on a date tonight!”

 

“Indeed.”  She replies and then frowns.  “Two things. One, where are you going to send her things?  Secondly…” she looks around.  “Would I be terribly wrong to call the guy who was supposed to call her?”

 

“Oh I thought I saw him slip you a card!  And in answer to your question, yes.  As it’s not as if she wouldn’t do the same.”  I reply thoughtfully.  “In both instances.”

 

RONALD PETERSON’S RESIDENCE

 

LOUNGE

 

“Ronald Peterson speaking.”  I wince as the shrill tones almost blast my ear off.  “Slow down Nancy!  What do you mean arrested?”

 

My head drops to my chest and I look imploringly at Oliver and he nods.  “Oliver is on his way. Don’t say a word!”

 

“Daddy?”  Lynette looks at me.

 

“She’s been arrested for attempted bribery of…”

 

“Slick Phoenix.”  Oliver shakes his head.  “I thought that might happen after she virtually admitted it in court.”

 

“I’m sorry this is happening daddy but she’s not coming back to stay with us.”  Lynette tells me firmly.

 

“Thank you darling.”  Oliver kisses her on her cheek.  “She doesn’t deserve my help but you’re a good man and I’m doing this for you.”

 

As he starts to leave, Lynette waves the brandy at me and I nod.  “Right let’s get a hotel booked for her.”  She suggests handing me the glass.  “Unless you want to her to come back here...?”

 

I think about my date only yesterday and tap the side of my glass.

 

“Oliver!”  I call and pause as he sticks his head around the door.  “Do let Nancy know that we will be putting her in a hotel and you will help her…”

 

He comes back in looking puzzled.  “Okay…”

 

“And as long as she cooperates, it’ll be fine.  We will make this as pain free as possible and within the confines of legal and post-marital law…”

 

Oliver nods and grins before looking quickly around the room.  “In the office on the desk.”

 

“Great!  Right see you soon.”

 

“Daddy?”  Lynette looks carefully at me.

 

“She called me Fred Astaire.”  I grin.

 

“Fred…?”  Lynette begins.

 

“Yes.  Kimberley called me Fred Astaire and wants to go dancing next time.”  I smile before clearing my throat at Lynette’s beaming expression.  “Now onto more pressing matters.  We should book the hotel from tomorrow night.  I suspect that she’s been her charming self, so there will be an overnight stay in the big house in her immediate future!”

 

“Daddy!”  Lynette snorts that snort again.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please be kind and constructive.  Thanks