Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

CHAPTER 81: HELLO HAPPINESS, ANNOYANCE AND ENVY

 

FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH PARKING LOT – AN HOUR LATER

 

INSIDE GRIMM & TWINKLE’S RV

 

JUSTIN

 

I can’t help but chuckle as I remember when Sandrine told us they told Michael and Lindsay that the RV was basically a dungeon on wheels!  Nothing could be further from the truth!

 

As I turn on the shower and wait for my husband - so happy I can say that without the cacophony that followed the last time - to join me, I look round.  The bathroom is a rich dark cream marble and there is a massive digital rainfall shower, the radiator is the same colour as the walls and so are the towel rails so it looks like the towels, are floating.

 

The rest of the RV is varying shades of ochre.  The bedroom only has one thing…a king sized bed although there is a small wardrobe, which again you can’t see as it’s the same colour as the walls.   The press-button is the only indication that there is something there.  Brian wouldn’t be able to cope; it would just house his jeans.  But as he pointed out, he doesn’t think Grimm and Twinkle wear much when they are in there!  The living area is so comfortable with big, of course, leather sofas and a good size kitchen.

 

“The answer is no!”  Brian whispers in my ear and I almost jump out of my skin.  “If we can’t move, then you can’t get an RV.”

 

“Not the same.”  I lean back against him.   

 

“Still no.”  He sucks on my lobe, I turn and look up at him through my lashes.  “Justin.  Don’t do that to me!”  I keep looking and grind my hips.  “For fuck sake!”  He groans.  “After we’re back from New York and you have to work on it.”

 

“Deal.  Now come and let me scrub your back...we have guests to deal with.”

 

“A back scrub is that all I get?”  He pouts but gets in. I give his cock a squeeze and then slide to my knees.

 

“Whatever made you think that?”  I smirk and take him down whole.

 

BUHL CASTLE - EARLY EVENING

 

CARRIAGE HOUSE

 

SLICK

 

Trust Brian to get this place.  It’s exquisite and of course Emmy Lou and Claire have done a magnificent job on the food.  I have had three of the pork and foie gras sliders alone.

 

“Penny for them?”  Lindon asks, wrapping an arm around me.

 

“Last year neither Kinney nor I would’ve thought this would happen to us but it has.  He has his Sunshine, I’ve found my brother and am joining the WASP set...oh by the way, can I be a bulldog ant instead?”

 

He looks down confused.  “Why on earth would you want to be an ant let alone a bulldog one?”

 

“To give it the proper name, Myrmecia…”

 

“Okay, but why?”

 

“Because the Myrmecia genus is one of the deadliest ants in the world and have been known to kill wasps.”  Sandrine smiles and hands me a glass of champagne. “And after what she did to you-know-who, I think that’s most apt description of her, don’t you?”   

 

“Definitely.” Lindon grins.  “Speaking of you-know-who, does she know about Terez?”  

 

Sandrine looks across and smirks.  “Not yet, but apparently Claire is going to make sure that she does!”

 

“They’re finally com...on the grounds!”  Debs announces.  “Another 10 or so minutes.”

 

I snort and look across at Matthew and Lionel.  I’m so glad that I found him again.  And happily, they are circulating with Lionel leading.  Although it was quite sweet to see one who could only be described as a line backer being gently and subtly corrected when he instructed Lionel wrong.

 

The sound of clapping heralds their arrival.  And they’re coming straight for me.  Brian looks awed and Justin excited.

 

“Yes it is yours.  The number plate is personalised and fixed.  The horn shroud is inscribed, which was a fuck to get out so I’m not doing that again.  And how long do I have to source one?”

 

“Personalised number plates?  Be right back!”  Brian pulls Justin along with him.

 

“Inscribed with what?  And what are you sourcing?”  Lindon asks, chuckling.

 

“Property of the Taylor-Kinneys. And an RV.  I enjoyed macking that one out.”

 

He looks at me thoughtfully and then snorts softly before kissing me gently.  “What was that for?”

 

“I remember the first time you said that.  What…”

 

“Ah-ah-ah, remember the rule.”  

 

BRIAN

 

As we make our way back in, Justin gives a little hiccup.  I find a quiet spot and lift his chin.

 

“And the reason is?”  He burrows into my chest and holds me tightly.  “Justin, you made it all the way through the blessing.  Why now?”

 

“Same reason you teared up in the...our car.”  Is the muffled response.

 

“Could you two get in here?!  We’re waiting to toast!”  Emmy Lou demands cheerily.

 

“One second.”  I call back surprised by the catch in my voice.  “Make that two.”

 

“Okay sweetie.”  Emmy Lou and he heads back inside he calls out.  “They’re having a nice sweet moment. So give them a minute or two!”

 

“Ready Mr Taylor-Kinney?”  He looks up at me and I wipe away his tears.

 

“Yes Mr Taylor-Kinney.  Let’s go.”

 

Once we’re inside, I tap my glass and the room goes quiet

 

“Thank you all for coming and making this day extra special for us.  On behalf of Justin and myself, please enjoy the rest of the evening and…”  I find myself, for once, at a loss for words.

 

“Your support has been invaluable and we’re so happy.”  Justin manages to wobble out before he turns into my shoulder.

 

“Not on the Armani!”  Emmy Lou jokes.  “To Brian and Justin Taylor-Kinney!”  He shouts.

 

“To Brian and Justin!”  

 

An hour later, we’re having an excellent time, though I’m a bit nervous about our first dance as husbands.  Slick is looking relaxed with Emmy Lou, Debs and Carl and I can’t wait to organise her do.  Though it’s killing me that I can’t tell Justin about it.

 

“Hey.  Can I borrow this man please?”  Lindon asks.  

 

LINDON

 

We walk out into the courtyard and for once, he’s not got that smirk on his face. I take a breath and putting my hand in my pocket, pull out the box to show him.  The ring is thin platinum and white gold with small orange diamonds all around.  

 

“She will love it.”  He nods.  “You might need to remind her take it off when she’s working but it’s gorgeous.”

 

“True.  So I take it you said yes, then?”

 

“Of course!”  He looks hesitant and rolls his tongue in his cheek.  “I know she said lock-it down but I’ve never kept anything from…”

 

“Hang on how did she say it?  Did she say lock-it down Kinney?”

 

“No.  It was Taylor-Kin...oh!”  He grins and is soon heading to find Justin.

 

SLICK

 

I had a feeling he hadn’t quite understood me and judging by the expression on Justin’s face, he’s just been told.  I need to speak to three other people first.  But not before best women duties.

 

“Ready?”  I nudge Daph and she nods and after she gets a quick peck of reassurance from Hunter, we make our way to the front.

 

“Do not whistle!”  Sandrine orders with a smile, leaning against Philip.

 

“Spoilsport!”  I smirk.

 

“Ladies and gentlemen!  Pray silence for the best women!”  Carl booms.  “First to speak will be Daphne Chanders.”

 

“I’m not going to dwell on his past. We all know about that.  Although I know you are strong, I didn't realise how strong to get to this moment of your life. You’re here with the man you love and I couldn’t be prouder to be your best friend and your best woman.  You are the best things to happen to each other and I wish you nothing but happiness, though you are going to have a bit of trouble, Brian, persuading him out of his choice of clothes…”

 

“Oh I never have a problem with that.”  Brian smirks then Daph realises what she’s said.  

 

“I meant the clothes he buys and well you know it!”  She giggles

 

“Hey I’m not that bad!”  Justin protests and then blushes when everyone turns to look at him.  

 

“Sweetie, who picked the suit?”  Emmy Lou drawls.

 

“Let’s hear the rest of Daph’s speech.”  He mutters.

 

“To my best friend Justin and his best male friend and husband Brian!”

 

“Justin and Brian!”  We toast.

 

“And now Brian’s best woman, Slick Phoenix.”  Carl beams at me.

 

“The first time they met properly was when Justin was naked…”

 

“Slick!”  Justin goes bright red.

 

“What?  You fainted and Brian revived you in the shower, is that not true?”

 

“Well yes.”  

 

“So hush up and let me finish.”  I grin at him and he theatrically bows.  “As I was saying, there was nakedness and Brian said that he didn’t look down once…”  I pause and wait for a comment and nothing.

 

“Holy crap!  You didn’t look, did you?!”  Debs cries out in surprise.

 

“Nope.”  Brian mutters. You could toast marshmallows on his cheeks right now!

 

“And that was it.  They’ve not left each other’s side unless they had to since.  I know Kin...I mean Taylor-Kinney and you’re it for him.  He’s let the rest of the Avenue see what you see, emotionally not physically, I might add.  You’re good for each other; stay that way.  To the King and his Prince!”

 

“To the King and his Prince!”  

 

I heave a sigh of relief.  Another thing I hate more than admin is public speaking!  I start to make my way over to Lindon to inhale the glass of wine he’s holding out.   

 

“Hang on Slick.”  Brian stops me.  “At the start, you were the third wheel in our relationship. You pulled our heads out of our asses and stepped in only when you needed to. Justin and I couldn’t have got anywhere without you protecting us the way you did.  We will be forever grateful. To my best friend, thank you.  All hail the Duchess!”

 

“The Duchess!”

 

“And now.”  Carl is now beaming at Brian and Justin.  “Everyone make a space!  The first dance as husbands of Brian and Justin Taylor-Kinney.  They will be dancing to So Many Ways by Brooke Benton - this was the song they got engaged to.”

 

The awed silence that follows as Brian Taylor-Kinney, who can’t dance to save his life in Babylon without plastering himself up against Justin with his hands down his pants, handles Justin like Dmitry Chaplin.  It stretches on until after the song ends and Debs bursts into tears.  

 

“Beautiful.”  She weeps in Carl’s arms.  “Just beautiful.”

 

But that’s nothing compared to the tears in Justin’s eyes as he was twirled round the floor. He clearly wasn’t expecting it.

 

Within seconds of that, we’re back to the Kinney we know and love when he kisses Justin, hoists him over his shoulder, grabs a bottle of champagne and yells goodnight!

 

“Brian!”  Jennifer protests.  “At least let him walk!”

 

Brian pauses, turns and smirks.  “Why Mother Taylor?  He’s not going to be able to after.”

 

“All hail the King!”  Brandon shouts at his retreating back.

 

“All hail the King!”

 

PENNSYLVANIA UPSTATE MEN’S CORRECTIONAL FACILITY – MONDAY LUNCH TIME

 

MICHAEL’S CELL

 

One of the advantages of moving out of Pittsburgh is no Hiram and I have a cell to myself.  That’s also the disadvantage.  He may preach about those stupid rules but at least there’s someone to ignore.  It’s visiting day today and I’m hoping that maybe mother will come.

 

“Novotny out!”  The guard yells and opens the cell door.  “You have a visitor.”

 

“Who is it?”  I demand.

 

“Your lawyer.”  He smirks at the disappointment on my face.  “Aww poor ickle you, nobody comes to see woo.”  He snarks as he leads me to the interview room.

 

I scowl at him and mutter “Arrogant prick” under my breath.  

 

He turns to me and just as he closes the door, he sneers.  “Privileges revoked.”

 

MITCHELL FORBES

 

I can’t believe how rough I felt but it was oh so worth it!  I could finally eat something this morning.  The last place I want to be is here though. This man is truly a spoilt child!

 

“You look like shit.”  He comments as he sits down.

 

“Nice to see you too.”  I remark dryly.

 

“So what news do you have about my collectibles and the hearing?”

 

“First, the pre-hearing...” I begin and try not to smirk at his scowl of frustration.  “This is still going ahead as planned on Friday at 0900 in Alleghany.  It seems he’s going to go to trial as he feels that the victim of your crime should be able to issue a statement to stay on file.”

 

I pause and look through my papers.  “Which I suggest you start now while I’m here.”  I hand him a pad and a pen, he just stares at me.  “I have a meeting in two hours and I need to get back to the Pitts so…”

 

He sits back and folds his arms across his chest.  Clearly, he’s still not quite grasped the position he is in.

 

“Down to you.  Well I’ll see you on Friday.”  I go to gather my things.

 

“Fine, I’ll write the fucking thing!”

 

“I would suggest you don’t introduce your statement like that in court.”  I smile kindly.

 

“So what’s made you look like that?”  He asks, not looking up.

 

“Friends of a friend had a blessing.  It was fantastic.  We were in Buhl Castle in Sharon. Seriously, they dropped some serious coin on it.  They got blessed in the First Presbyterian Church.  A hot couple and so in love.”

 

“Here.”  He hands me a three line statement, upon reading it I try not to laugh.  “It sounds nice.”  His voice sounds wistful. For the love or the ability to go, I don’t care…time to drop the soap.  

 

“Yeah Brandon says they’re good guys.”  I stand up.  “Oh and your collectibles were bought by a Kyle Stewart.  See you Friday.”

 

“Wait!  Kyle and Brandon!”  He starts to follow me out but is stopped by the guard.  I put my earphones in so I can drown out his shouting, as if I would turn around in the first place!

 

PENNSYLVANIA WOMEN’S CORRECTIONAL FACILITY – LATE AFTERNOON

 

LINDSAY

 

Lynette is finally coming to visit me and she has lots of news about mother and daddy.  I hope it’s good and that they are staying together.

 

As we are led in my heart sinks, because there in the queue is Claire.  I just pray that I am as far away from her and whatever friend she’s visiting.  But of course, God hates me and we’re virtually next to each other.

 

“Lindsay, you look as well as can be expected under the circumstances.”  Lynette almost keeps the crow out of her voice.

 

I sit up straighter. “I fully expect to be exonerated once the Judge understands the extenuating circumstances.”

 

“Yeah in that she had money, you didn’t and you decided to spend it without asking.”  Martine snickers, turning back to Claire.  “So come on tell me about you girl…”

 

I tune them out and turn back to Lynette.  “How’s mother and daddy?”

 

She grimaces.  “Still divorcing and of course, she’s living with me now!”  She rolls her eyes for emphasis.

 

“Lynette.”  I hiss and grab her hand.  “The whole point of me leaning in was so that nobody heard our scandal.”

 

“Lyndsay, you are in jail charged with fraud.  They’re not blind!”  She hisses back.  “So the pre-hearing is this Friday and then there’s the trial, correct?  Grandmamma would be so ashamed.”

 

I hear the snickering from the side and want to reach across and slap her.

 

MARTINE

 

I can’t believe I was transferred here!  When I got here and I found out she was on the same wing, I made sure I found the Queen, Edna, and let her know what was going on.  And she’s told me to have at her…mentally, as physically would make me heave!

 

“So how was your weekend?”

 

“Brian and Justin, some great friends of mine, got their wedding blessed at Buhl Castle.”  Claire smirks at the gasp from our left.  “Rented out the entire thing.  But that’s not the best news. You know my friend Emmy Lou I told you about whose sponsoring me, well we catered that.  But it gets even better…”

 

“Peterson, can I help you?”  I hiss and flick her ear quickly. She stifles her cry of pain and her sister looks incredulous but the shaking of Lyndsay’s head stops her from drawing attention to it.

 

“Okay, go.  You know how I love living through you girl.  Did they like the corn prawns?”  I ask shyly.

 

“Yes!  They loved them.  Look please, I am begging you please...”

 

“Still not sure.”  I look around worriedly and immediately Guard Finch is over.

 

“What’s going on?”

 

I hear a snicker from my left and wince.

 

“Finch! “  Claire stands and glowers.   “You know how good she is, she just needs to be told. She taught me.  And she’ll listen to her.”

 

“I’ll post it.”  He gruffs and walks away.

 

“What’s going on?”  I hear whispered from my left.

 

“Sssh!”  Lindsay hisses.  “You must be quiet Lynette. You can leave here; I can’t!  There are repercussions.”

 

“Then you should’ve thought of those before you stole that woman’s money.  And speaking of leaving...  Goodbye!”

 

I turn to watch her sister walk away.  Finch starts to approach but stops and I look across and get the royale wave.

 

“You said there was something else?”  I cut my eye to the side as Lindsay slowly starts to gather the things her sister brought.

 

“Yes you know my girl is an artist.  Well there’s a spring intern placement in New York and…her good friend and Catherine, my sister, mind tricked her into interviewing for it.  They made it seem like it was a party so she wasn’t so nervous and she got in!  Her native tongue…oh what a tongue…is Spanish and so she gets nervous in formal settings and doesn’t come across well.  But she aced it and starts in three weeks for three months.  I’m moving with her, along with Emmy Lou.  He’s got about three months of work since the MoMA Show we went to and then we come back with Brian and Justin at the end of the year.  They are the guys who got blessed on Saturday.”

 

“Nice.”  I smile and can see the utter devastation on that bitch’s face.  “Renting is going to be a bitch of a price in New York.”

 

“True but we’ve at least got furniture.  We got some cheap bits from an auction sale on Liberty Avenue.  Seems some folks defaulted on their payments so we just need to find a place…”

 

LINDSAY

 

Terez?!  Fucking Terez got that place!  I let the rest of the conversation fade and sit there stunned.

 

I don’t know how and I don’t know when but I when I walk free of this place after the trial, I will have my revenge!

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please review kindly and constructively.  Thank you.