Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

CHAPTER 77: TROUBLE CRAWLS BACK UNDER THAT ROCK

 

CAR TO 57TH PRECINCT

 

DET. CRANE

 

They have not stopped playing the blame game since they got in the car.

 

“I know you Lindsay; you did that deliberately!”  He bellyaches.  “That comic was worth…”

 

“Oh will you shut up about that stupid fucking comic!”  She snaps and I almost want to kiss her in gratitude.  “We have bigger problems.  He’s married!  Brian and that fat bottomed Vomit Boy are married!”

 

“Wow!”  I scoff.  “There I was thinking that you were the brains of the two of you.  But no, you are just as dumb as him.  You are going back to jail, most likely immediately.  And you two are worried about a fucking comic and some guy being married.  Admittedly, he’s a good looking guy and his reputation is the stuff of legend.  But focus on the fucking bigger picture!”

 

“We’re here!”  Bank almost stomps through the floor hitting the brakes.  He rests his head against the wheel and we wait quietly.  “You two are going to exercise your right to SILENCE until we get into the interview room.” He almost rips the door off its hinges.  “Come on!”

 

I follow and let him sign them in and they follow him without a word.  I catch Sargent Ramirez’s eye and wink at him.  He grins and strides back to his desk.

 

Yeah you’re in for a good time of it when he gets home!

 

GLC – SAME TIME

 

BRIAN

 

The room is completely quiet as they are hauled out.  We can still hear Michael’s whine reverberating around the room.

 

“Come with me.”  I look round the room and spot Tannis. She points in the direction of the office. I nod my thanks and lead the way.

 

Before the door is even shut, I hear his little hiccup.  “Come here Mr Taylor-Kinney and stop that immediately.”

 

Crippled hustler? That fucking…”  He mutters against my chest.

 

“Stop it.”  I order and lift his chin. I’m pleased to see his eyes are blazing with anger and not filled with tears.  “Fucking what?”  I prompt.

 

Wanker! Fucking wanker and as for her...  What the hell was she thinking?”  He seethes.

 

“I don’t know but I’m sure that will all come out.”  I kiss him softly and run my fingers through his hair, stroking his scar.  Slowly, I feel him start to calm down.  “But right now we have to go back and prepare for this evening.”

 

“In a minute.”  He sighs.  “Just hold me a minute.”  How could I refuse that?

 

“Feeling better?”  He nods.  “And we have to explain about us being Taylor-Kinneys.”  He beams a double wattage sunshine smile but then it falters.  “I know, I know but they, and I can’t believe I’m saying it, are right.  It’s only fair that we exchange rings in front of people.”

 

“Fine.”  He grumbles.  “I still can’t believe how easily you gave the rings to Emmy though…”

 

“Oh and you were so brave in the face of the wrath of Emmy, your mom, Debs and Daph!”

 

He giggles and tightens his arms round my waist.  “Thank God Slick was there to calm Daph down.”  I slide my hands to his ass and give it a squeeze.  “Come on husband, let’s go.”

 

He takes my hand and leads me out and we are almost blown back by the raucous applause.

 

“Come on people!”  I shout.  “This isn’t our weekend. Let’s get ready for Grim and Twinkle!”

 

I look round the room and notice that Slick has gone but Lindon is still here.  “Lindon!  Where’s Slick?”

 

“Problem with the RV, so she’s gone to sort it out.”  He tells me coming over.  “And Emmy, Debs and Sandrine are calming down a distraught Twinkle who thought Grim had abandoned him.  It was his first official meeting of Aunt Sandy.”

 

“He’s never met her?”  Justin gasps, even I’m surprised by that.  “But they’ve been together for 15 years!”

 

“Never officially.  They’ve talked of course but never met in person until today.”  He smiles.  “And between you and me, with Twinkle’s parents gone, Grim is going to do it the proper way and ask his aunt for his hand in marriage.”

 

“Oh!”  Emmy squeals and dashes back out again.

 

“Oh shit!”  Justin runs to catch up with Emmy.

 

“Lindon, piece of advice.  As Emmy has often said; when you are in a predominantly gay area, and you want to bend over or share secrets…check behind you.”

 

He snorts with laughter and goes to help Justin.

 

57TH PRECINCT – EARLY AFTERNOON

 

INTERVIEW ROOM 1

 

MICHAEL

 

Married!  Fucking married!  I didn’t spend all this fucking time waiting for somebody else to waltz in and take him away!

 

I have been sitting here for the last hour waiting for my lawyer to come in.  According to Crane, we’re going to be charged with fraud, breach of restraining order and harassment!  

 

The door opens and a woman comes in and extends her hand.  “Chen.  Melody Chen.  You are Michael Novotny, correct?”

 

I nod and wince when she squeezes my hand a little too firmly. The smirk on her face was not missed.  

 

“So Ms Chen, when do I get out of here?”  I demand. She raises her eyebrow, then sits down and pulls out a pad and pencil.

 

“Take a seat and start from the beginning.  See me as your friend as you don’t want a harassed, overworked, court appointed lawyer, who gets paid win or lose, as an enemy.”

 

When I finished explaining what had happened from my perspective, she doesn’t look impressed.  “What?  I was retaliating to things she did to me.”

 

“That’s not what I heard.”  She flicks through her notes.  “Did you offer to make restitution and if not, can you?”

 

“I can but…”

 

“You can’t seriously be contemplating going back to prison?”  She looks incredulous.

 

“No!  Of course not.  If you had let me finish… I was thinking that perhaps I could do community service or something instead?”

 

“Community service?  For fraud?  While you were on probation?”  Then she laughs before stopping when I glare at her.  “Oh!  You were serious?  No, just no.  What is the thing that you don’t want to contemplate and why?”

 

“I have a van full of collectibles that I would rather not sell to her.”  I explain bitterly.

 

“Then can you sell it to someone else and then give her the money for it at least?”  

 

“Actually, the person I was arrested with owes me money in my opinion.”  I snort.  “So she can pay her.”

 

“Lindsay Peterson?”  I nod.  “I’m on my way to see her next.  I’ll let her know your thoughts.  Well good day Mr Novotny, I’ll…”

 

“Wait, when am I getting out of here today?”  I ask again.  “If it is a matter of bail, I can call someone. Well I think I can.”

 

A flash of anger passes across her face.  “No it is not a matter of bail; it is a matter of flight risk.  You will be transferred to the Pittsburgh Men’s Correctional Facility this evening.  Good day.”

 

INTERVIEW ROOM 4

 

LINDSAY

 

This has to be some kind of sick joke.  Brian and Fat Ass Boy married is bad enough but Twinkle of all fucking people being Sandrine’s nephew!  I’m brought out of my angst by the door opening and, I presume, my attorney’s arrival.

 

“Chen.  Melody Chen.  Lindsay Peterson, correct?”  She extends her hand and I smile at her.

 

“Yes.” I meet the intensity of her grip and she smiles wider.  “So what’s happening?”

 

“Well you are being charged with fraud and harassment.  Oh and then there the breach of restraining order.  You have been busy.  So tell me your version of events.”

 

Ten minutes later she is reading back what I’ve said and nodding.  “So Mr Novotny says that you owe him for the comic that you intentionally destroyed and can offer that as restitution on his behalf.”

 

“Like fuck am I!”  I snap.  “I took it by accident and…”

 

“But can you make restitution to Ms Phoenix for yourself?”

 

“Yes I can.”  I’m going to have to lay it on thick with my parents because I’m not going back to fucking jail!

 

ST BRIDE RESIDENCE – EARLY EVENING

 

HALLWAY

 

SANDRINE

 

I know this is ridiculous!  But even though we have spoken I have this image of him but the way Twinkle beams when he speaks of him, I know he’s happy.

 

I open the door and immediately step backwards as a well-built dark hair man with green eyes smiles uncertainly at me.

 

“Mrs St Bride?”  I nod.  “I’m Grim but you can…”

 

“Master!”  Twinkle screams and starts to thunder down the stairs.

 

“Twinkle!  Walk!”

 

I jump at the sternness in his voice but marvel at how quick Twinkle’s steps slow until he comes into view.

 

“Master.”  He whispers softly, his eyes shimmering with relief.  “I was worried when you didn’t come.”

 

“Excuse me Mrs St Bride but I just need to talk to him for a minute.  Would that be okay?”

 

I nod and he holds out his hand and Twinkle lets him lead him outside and closes the door.

 

“What’s happening?”  Catherine whispers.

 

“For the love of fuck!”  I squeal in surprise and she burst out laughing. I take the glass of wine she has in her hand and knock it back.

 

After about five minutes, they haven’t come back and I’m beginning to worry.  Finally, the doorbell rings and once again, I head to open it.  I’m not sure what I expect but Emmy wasn’t it. He jerks his head to the side and I poke my head out and gape but before I can say anything he shoves me back inside.

 

LOUNGE

 

CATHERINE

 

I look at France. He shrugs as does Casper.  Sandrine still has a stunned expression on her face.  Finally, Claire breaks the silence.

 

“What’s happened?”

 

“Grim i-is…”  Sandrine takes another sip of wine.  “Crying.”

 

“Crying?”  Terez repeats.  “But why?”

 

“I don’t know but I know what I saw.  Twinkle wiping his tears away and telling him that it’s okay; he’s here now.”

 

“His battery went flat after he called Slick.”  Emmy explains, smiling softly.   “So he couldn’t call Twinkle to tell him what was happening.  And of course, Twinkle was in so many bits that he wouldn’t answer the phone when she tried to call him until Snook spoke to him.”

 

The doorbell rings again and I can’t help the smile on my face even as I almost run to open it. I lead them in and do the introductions.

 

“So Grim? What is that you do?”  France asks.

 

“I’m a cop.”  Claire spits her drink out coughing and Terez claps her on the back.  “Those who are important, like my captain, know about Twinkle.”

 

I look at Twinkle, who is sitting quietly by his side.  “Twinkle are you okay?”  I ask. But when he looks at Grim with such adoration, I feel stupid.  “Sorry, I just…” 

 

“It’s okay.  I explain it to people this way.  The strongest person in a Dom/Sub relationship is the Sub.  They give themselves to you.  They have to trust you implicitly and that is a privilege and an honour.  He is everything to me.  And I would like to ask Mrs…”

 

“Sandrine and yes, absolutely yes!”  She pulls him onto his feet for a hug and he looks so surprised and relieved.  “It would be my honour and privilege to call you my nephew.”

 

“Thank you Mrs…I mean Sandrine…until tomorrow when I get to call you Aunt Sandrine.”

 

“No you don’t.”  She replies, sternly and we’re surprised.  “Aunt Sandy. Both of my nephews will call me Aunt Sandy.”

 

He smiles and kisses her gently on the cheek and Twinkle is beaming.  “So what are we going to eat Twinkle?”

 

“Kiku Master.”

 

“Okay lead the way.”

 

KIKU

 

BRIAN

 

We have spent the last hour batting away questions about us being married telling everyone that we will explain next weekend when we have our blessing.  Justin is in his element right now, nose deep in the menu and squirming.

 

I saunter back to join him and drop a kiss on his head.  I whisper in his ear.  “Will you keep still? People are beginning to question my spanking technique.”

 

He looks big eyed at me and then round the room and then blushes. “What did you say to them?”  He whispers back and then nudges me when I say nothing.  “Brian!”  He hisses.

 

“Nothing.”

 

“Nothing!”  He squeaks, earning a look of admonishment from a Dom two places down.  “Brian you have to tell them that you haven’t spanked me!”

 

“Why?  It might be true later.”  I waggle my eyebrows and grin wolfishly at him.

 

“Kinney, is it?”  The Dom two places down asks and glares at Justin.   “You need to control your boy a bit more.  I would never let my boy speak to me like that or behave in such a manner.”  He sniffs in a superior tone.

 

“Which is why you don’t have a boy Cameron, or anyone else for that matter.”  Roman’s voice booms down.  “Like us Brian has a partner, actually a husband, who he treats with respect and not like he’s some kind of chattel.”  He looks fondly at Snook.  “And they are very good friends with Grim and Twinkle.  Civil tongue or leave.”

 

He goes to say something else but the door opening stops him. Catherine, France and everyone else come in first but no Grim and Twinkle or Sandrine.

 

“She must have said no.”  Cameron scoffs.

 

“You don’t think she did?”  Snook asks Roman, worriedly.

 

“No of course not Snook.”  He brushes his face tenderly.  “Come and sit here for a minute.” Snook settles in his lap and Roman whispers in his ear.  Snook looks back at the door then grins hugely before returning to his seat.

 

“Why are you staring at me like that?”  Justin demands of Cameron.

 

“Just thinking of how good your skin would look in a…”

 

“Excuse me doll.”  Slick smiles at the guy next to Justin.  “But you’re in my seat.  Would you mind?”  The guy shakes his head and gets up. In fact, he almost runs away in relief.

 

“So what was wrong with the RV?”  Justin asks.

 

“Flooded the engine and the electrics tripped out.  Bitch to fix but done.”  She waves at Roman and Snook.

 

“So…”  Cameron leans into our conversation and strokes Slick’s arm.  “Who looks after you?”

 

“I do.”  I growl and he looks surprised.  “Until her boyfriend gets here and that would be the man mountain of simmering rage behind you.”

 

He turns to look at a scowling Lindon and he smiles at him.  “I would like to sit next to my girlfriend so if you could move please.”

 

“Of course.”  He stands up but then has to move to the other side of the table.

 

“Everyone, the grooms-to-be and his, Aunt Mrs Sandrine St Bride!”  Roman suddenly booms.

 

CAMERON

 

I can’t believe it’s her.  Sitting across from me without a care in the world is the bitch that almost tore my nipples off!  And she knows the cocks of the walk, Grim and Kinney!  And does she acknowledge me?  Of course not!

 

TWINKLE

 

“Everyone, food is about to be served!”  Roman announces.

 

I look round the room and all my friends are here and…oh no, what is he doing here?!

 

“Master?”  I whisper to him but he’s talking to someone else.   “Master?”  I three tap him and immediately he looks at me.  “Master.  He is here.  Why is he here?”

 

“Really?  Where?  Show him to me!”  I point at Cameron.  “I’ll deal with it.  Go sit with Snook.”  He gets Master Roman’s attention and he heads towards us.

 

“Do not leave his side.”  Master Roman orders and I nod.

 

SLICK

 

It may take me a while but I do get there.  “Oh fuck!”  I groan. “Be right back.”  I head towards Sandrine.

 

“A word, darling lady.  And where are Trey and Philip?”  I smile sweetly but being the WASP she is, she knows something is wrong.

 

“Give.”

 

“Remember what you thanked me for with Casper?”  She nods.  “Well the person is here.”

 

“Where?”  She demands angrily.

 

“Our table opposite to Brian, dark hair and snarky assed face.” I see he’s checking his phone.  “He most probably doesn’t remember Casper but just in case keep him this…”

 

“Excuse me.”  Grim interrupts.  “I hate to say this but there is going to be a moment of unpleasantness as we remove an unwanted guest.”

 

“Oh no, this is not unpleasant; this is going to be excruciating.”  Sandrine retorts.  “I’ve got this!”

 

SANDRINE

 

As I head to their table I see Philip and Trey come in.  France is over to Trey in seconds as I know what he would do.  I take a breath and get a closer look at that man and I recognise him, Dr David Cameron, obstetrician to the WASP set, for a gay man he’s seen more than his fair share of snatch, as Claire would say…gay my ass!  I catch Brian’s eye and he pulls Justin away from the table.

 

“David?”  I exclaim and his head jerks up in surprise.  “How lovely to see you!  Groom or other groom?”

 

“Sandrine!  You look exquisite.”  He kisses both my cheeks and I try not to shudder.  “Senior groom.  Grim and I are great friends.  Who do you know?”

 

“Other groom, but only through family.”  I look round the room nonchalantly.  “Such a beautiful restaurant. Have you eaten here before?”  He shakes his head.  “So glad that Philip could make it and Lionel won’t be far behind.  How long has it been since you’ve seen each other?”  I ask.

 

“Lionel?”  He gasps out.  “Here?”

 

“Yes.  Are you alright?”  I ask sweetly.

 

“Yes.  Just received a text from the office.  I have to go!”  He smiles tightly and in seconds he’s gone.

 

“Okay what just happened?”  Philip whispers in my ear.

 

I turn to face my beloved husband, who travels the world for a quarter of the year as a humanitarian attorney, but wouldn’t have missed this for anything.  “I’ll explain everything later but have you met everyone?”

 

“Yes.  What an interesting collection of friends you have acquired.”  He squeezes me tightly, but I pull away from him.  “Not like that, settle your horses.”  He chides.

 

“Well what did you mean by that?”  I demand.

 

“Sandrine, before them, when was the last time you came out of the house?”  He asks gently. I think about it and start to tear up.  “Exactly, not since January last year.  They’ve given you back to me.  And I can’t thank them enough.”

 

I blink back tears.  I had a cancer scare then both my parents died and I just shut down.  I lost myself.  I look across at the table of my new friends and smile at Philip.  I remember the sympathy I got from my WASP set of friends.

 

“So whenever they need me, I’ll be there.”  He whispers.  “And I believe there are some dumplings that you need to eat.  You are much too skinny!”

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please review kindly and constructively.  Thanks