Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

CHAPTER 76: GETTING MARRIED IN THE MORNING…RIGHT?

 

ST BRIDE RESIDENCE – THURSDAY EVENING

 

LOUNGE

 

SANDRINE

 

“I can’t wait for Saturday.”  Terez beams at us.  “It will be so exciting and glamorous.”

 

I try not to smirk as she moves away from Michael when he goes to sit down next to her and have to look down when Lindsay glares at him.

 

“What I don’t understand is…”  Lindsay takes a measured sip of her wine.  “Why Slick felt the need to get Grim and…”

 

“Twitter.”  Michael snorts into his beer.

 

Twitter?  Who’s that?”  I try and keep my voice light because I know exactly who he is talking about!

 

“It’s what he’s taken to calling Twinkle.”  Lindsay snorts.  “It’s an improvement on Twanker, which is what he used to call him when he came back from…”

 

“Being out of town.”  Michael interrupts, glaring at her.

 

As if I don’t know where you’ve been you nasty little man!

 

“So why do you have a problem with him?  Twinkle I mean.”

 

“He has ideas above his station.”  Lindsay scoffs and looks at me for understanding.  “And one day he tipped milkshakes over us without provocation.  I should’ve sent him a bill for my coat, which was ruined.”  She looks thoughtful.  “Anyway, as I was saying, why did she feel the need to get him an RV? A bit over the top, I think.”

 

“No, it’s not from Slick.”  Claire corrects her.   “It’s a job she was doing for Grim and it was an interesting one she said.”

 

“Oh yes very interesting.”  Catherine blushes slightly.  “The pictures oh my goodness.”

 

“What pictures?”  Michael furrows his brow.  “She didn’t show them to Jenny?”

 

“Or Gus?”  Lindsay adds quickly.

 

“No of course not!  Slick is very responsible.”  Claire snaps.  

 

“So what were the pictures then?”  Michael asks, moving closer to Terez, who again moves away.

 

“Of, the, the well the stuff she had to put in for them.”  Catherine blushes harder.  “I’m absolutely fine about the naked form but…”

 

“Surely it must hurt a bit?”  I lean forward conspiratorially.  “I mean the clips and stuff.  I personally can’t see how that would be pleasurable, but each to their own.”

 

“So what else did you get up to in Los Angeles?”  Michael asks, smiling at Terez, who doesn’t smile back.  

 

“We were thoroughly spoilt by Slick. I do feel very guilty about that bottle of wine, as delicious as it was.”

 

“Oh that reminds me, Michael how was the Hamptons?”  Catherine pipes up.

 

“Hamptons?”  He repeats and she nods.  “Claire mentioned that you had a white cabernet sauvignon and Slick said it can only be gotten in the Hamptons. So how was it?”  

 

“Not bad.”  He says cagily and I see Lindsay roll her eyes.  “Bit overblown for what it is.  It’s just a bunch of big houses.”

 

“Then why did you go?”  I get up and pour some more wine.  “And how does this one compare to the one you had there, Lindsay?  I think you have a more refined palate than Michael when it comes to wine, right?”

 

“It’s nice. Not as nice as the one in the hotel, but nice.  So how spoilt was spoilt?”  Lindsay’s grip on that glass is a little too tight for my liking.

 

“Shopping, dinner and the like but the best thing was the picnic on Tuesday lunchtime.  We went to the Virginia Robinson Gardens which is just beautiful and we had the perfect weather for it.  Beautiful renaissance architecture and the gardens were divine.  Although we did lose a few people for a while!”  

 

Lindsay rolls her eyes.  “Trust Brian to do that kind of thing!”  She snipes and then makes a face of disgust, while Michael seems to be pleased to hear it.

 

“Ah not Brian and Justin.”  Terez grins.  “Justin's allergic to the flowers so they weren’t there; poor Slick was mortified that she forgot. It was…”

 

“Brandon and Kyle?”  Michael snorts, derisively.

 

“Nope.  Mel and Lucy.”  France beams.  “Just making out… a lot.  They make such a cute couple.  Jenny and Gus are over the moon.  And well Jenny is taking full credit, along with Molly, for getting them together.  Never been happier.”

 

I’m pretty sure that France didn’t mean to lay it on so thick but the staccato ticking of Lindsay’s jaw must have been very loud to her ears.  

 

“And of course then there was Ben and Robin. So happy that he’s found Ben.  And he and Hunter get on so well.”

 

“So how do you know Lucy?  Sandrine you never said.”  Lindsay smiles tightly.

 

“Only from meeting her via Claire...”  I turn and smile at her.

 

“Claire?”  She turns to face her.  “You never said you knew Lucy outside of the group?”  Lindsay’s voice is like ice.

 

“I don’t.  I only met her via everyone else.  I didn’t realise I had to let you know about everyone I meet!”  Claire glares at her.  “You know what Lindsay lately…”

 

“Claire, I didn’t mean anything by it. I was just surprised that’s all.”  Lindsay tries to soothe.

 

“You seem to be surprised a lot.”  Claire snipes and gets up and goes into the kitchen.

 

We all look at each other in surprise and Catherine goes after her.

 

KITCHEN

 

CATHERINE

 

“Hey, what’s the matter?”  I put my arms around her. She’s been bothered about something before we went to New York.  

 

“Just tired I suppose.  The run up to the wedding has been busy and…”

 

I see her eyes narrow; seems we have an eavesdropper.  “You’ve done MoMA. This is going to be a breeze.”  

 

“Sorry to interrupt.  But Claire is everything okay between you and me?”  Lindsay drips saccharine.

 

“Yes perfectly.  You were right sis. We should’ve come back on Monday night.  I’m going back to Emmy’s. I still can’t believe they’re getting married on Saturday!  I’m going say goodnight to Sandrine and Terez…”

 

“Let me give you a lift back at least. You do look tired.”  I insist, cutting across whatever she and Lindsay are about to say.   “Sandrine!”  I call out and she comes in “Claire is tired and I’m going to take her home.”

 

“Oh you poor dear, of course.  You must be on top of your game for Saturday.”  She gives her a hug and Claire looks like she’s on the verge of tears. I need to get her out now.

 

“Well that looks like the end of the evening for us all.”  France had followed her in.

 

“Right let me get her home before she falls down.”  I pull her out quickly.  “France, can you walk Terez home please!”  

 

“I can do that!”  Michael volunteers.

 

“Thank you France, that is very kind of you.”  Terez smiles and goes to get her coat.

 

SANDRINE

 

“Poor Claire, she’s been working so hard to get this wedding perfect for them.”  

 

“I’ll bet he’s very particular.”  Michael sneers.  

 

“Well goodnight.  See you on Saturday no doubt.”  I open the door for them and shut it before they can utter another word.  

 

TEREZ’S RESIDENCE

 

KITCHEN

 

TEREZ

 

“Carino, what is it?”  I pour her a coffee.

 

“I know it’s ridiculous but I was jealous!”  She blurts out.  “It was fine when you were doing it to him but him practically sitting on you, was really annoying.  And then that fucking fishing expedition about Lucy... well that was the final straw!”  She takes a breath.  “I can’t wait for them to be out of our lives. The amount of trouble they have caused, UGH!”

 

“Come, let me show you that you have nothing to worry about.”  

 

That gets her smiling!

 

LINDSAY’S BEDROOM

 

LINDSAY

 

“What the hell was that about with you and Claire?”  Michael demands, sulkily.

 

“Me?!”  I gasp affronted.  “I didn’t do anything; she turned on me.  And what about you practically sitting in Terez’s lap?”  

 

“I wasn’t…”  He grumbled defensively, going red.  

 

“Well whatever interest she had in you is long gone.”  I keep the glee out of my voice but only just.  

 

“So have you got your outfit sorted out and more importantly, what you are going to say to put a stop to this farce?”  He asks.  

 

“I’m not sure.  As for the outfit, also not sure. But it will definitely be something to remind Mel of what she’s lost.”  I can’t keep the bitterness out of my voice.  “What about you?”  

 

“I’m going in my tuxedo and I’m keeping that to myself.”

 

“You’re not even going to tell me?”  I frown, feeling slighted.

 

“No.  But I will tell you something.  I know what happened in New York.”

 

“What?”  I demand, eagerly.

 

I grin.  “Well…during his show, I may have stuck a sticker on Slick’s mom’s portrait!”

 

“Michael!  That’s so wicked!”  I giggle.  “She must have been so upset.”

 

“Oh she was but at least she still gets to keep it.  My prized possessions are long gone.”  He moans.  “That was one of the best bits about New York.  What was yours, I mean apart from leaving Slick with the bill of course?”

 

“The show, despite him being in it. And all the other things that Slick let us do, which was so very sweet of her.”

 

I can hear Catherine and France starting to lock up, I tried to find out what was wrong with Claire but it was obvious that she wasn’t going to tell me.  I open the door and Michael walks out trying to hide his smirk.

 

GRIFFIN/BADER RESIDENCE - EARLY FRIDAY MORNING

 

HALLWAY

 

LINDSAY

 

I am shattered but at least I don’t sound so wheezy now!  It was a long hard run this morning but it will be worth it when I get into my outfit tomorrow.

 

“Claire, what are you doing here?”  I ask in surprise.  

 

“I came round to speak to Catherine.”  She replies coldly.  “See you tomorrow Lindsay.”

 

She heads down to the teaching room and bangs the door shut.  I head to the kitchen shaking my head.  “Problem?”  France’s voice startles me.

 

“Oh!  No, well I don’t think so.”  I pause and look up at him through my lashes.  “I seem to have upset Claire but I can’t think what I’ve done.”

 

“I know she’s worried about the wedding. They are friends now and she wants it to be perfect.”  

 

I nod with slight understanding.  “Are you going to the rehearsal dinner or the wedding breakfast?”

 

“Wedding breakfast?”  I echo in disbelief and he laughs.

 

“Yes he insisted apparently.  Personally, we’re doing the breakfast. It’s going to be held in the GLC.”  He grins.  

 

“Oh, we’ll do the breakfast too. I really could do with an early night tonight.”  I smile.  “Sorry but I need to go and shower as I have some last minute things to do.”

 

CLAIRE

 

I wait for her to go upstairs and then head to meet with Slick.

 

BRITIN – EARLY AFTERNOON

 

MASTER BEDROOM

 

JUSTIN

 

Okay as contraptions go, they look pretty fancy but there is no way on earth I’m putting my cock in that!  I look at Brian and he seems to be of the same mind.

 

“We will just have to practice self-control.”  He murmurs in my ear, causing me to squirm.

 

“How is that helping?”  I try to wriggle out of his arms.  

 

“Who said anything about helpful?”  He nips my lobe, holding me tighter.

 

“Please.”  I groan.  “I’ve got to finish the picture off and then I’ve got to pack.”

 

“Are you absolutely sure about that?”  He starts to push me determinedly towards the bed.  “I mean absolutely, totally sure?”  His hands slides into the back of my sweats and cups my ass and squeezes.  “Such a plump place of pleasure.  Are you sure?”

 

“Brian.”  I take another breath.  “It is one night.  Tell you what... the moment we’re done, we can christen the Buick.”

 

“Okay…an early dawn fucking sounds good to me.”  He waggles his eyebrows.  

 

“Fine.  I-I promise to wake you up at wh-whatever time dawn is and we can definitely do something about that then but right now, I need you to stop.”  

 

“Break your promise and sitting down plus getting off will be a problem for you.”  He looks meaningfully at the cage.  

 

Feeling my resolve weakening, I lean against him and feel him chuckle.  “Such a horny little prince.”  He murmurs and starts to stroke my balls.

 

“Br-ian.”  I whimper and pluck at his shirt.

 

“Okay, behaving now.”  He kisses my scar and slides his hands slowly out.  “Make sure you pack the strawberry one for your creamy bubble butt.  Oh and some paper pants… I rather enjoyed that last weekend.”  He smirks as he walks out

 

Bastard!  My adorable, confounding perfectly flawed bastard!

 

SLICK’S APARTMENT – EVENING

 

BEDROOM

 

LINDEN

 

“Okay, they have my complete and unequivocal permission to get you this mad again!”  I pant and give up trying to sit up.  She giggles and leans down to kiss me.  

 

“Yeah that worked out my angst a bit.”  She agrees.

 

“A bit?!  You mean there’s more to come?!”  I look mock-horrified.  “Please tell me we can work that out on Sunday?”

 

“I’ll hold you and him to that!”  She snickers.

 

We look forward to it.”

 

WEDDING BREAKFAST - WEDDING DAY!

 

BRITIN

 

MASTER BEDROOM

 

JUSTIN

 

I lean across and blow gently in his ear.  He shifts slightly and gives an adorable little wheeze.

 

“Brian…”  I whisper in his ear.  “Time to get up.”  I slide my hand under the blanket and stroke his cock.

 

He mumbles and stretches, then gives a tiny moan of delight.  “A little to the left, if you please.”

 

I giggle and obey.  “I got dressed especially.”  I grin at the expressions flitting across of his face but his eyes remain closed.

 

“What for?”  He mumbles.  “I’m only going to take it off you.”  I remove my hand and he frowns but still doesn’t open his eyes.

 

Take off? I’m disappointed.  I thought you might like to rip them off me and ravage me.  I’ve had this butt plug in for the last two hours...”  His eyes fly open and he almost knocks me on my ass as he heads to the bathroom.

 

“Downstairs and across the bonnet, face up!”  He orders.

 

“Sorry no can do.  Groom’s prerogative rule applies.  Gotta go!”  I yell and run out the door and lock it from the outside.

 

I make it outside and into the car. Once I lock the door, my relief is immense.

 

The bedroom window is flung open and I don’t need to wind down the window to hear him but I do.  “You are going to fucking pay for this!”  He yells, grinning wolfishly.  “So going to pay!”

 

“Look forward to it!”  I yell back and drive off.

 

GLC

 

DEBS

 

“For goodness sake, will you keep still?!  I can’t tie it if you don’t keep still!”  He looks tearfully at me.  “Now what’s wrong?”  I am so glad Sandrine said waterproof mascara as I start to tear up.

 

“He will come, won’t he?”  He bites his lip.

 

“For goodness sake!  The entire Avenue will kill him if he doesn’t turn up!”  Ems chides him gently.   “And Slick, quote didn’t get shit done for nothing, end quote.”  Ems clears his throat.  “Now let me look at you.  Perfect, absolutely perfect.”

 

“Okay let’s get this show on the road.”  I announce.

 

MICHAEL

 

I can’t believe that Brian has agreed to this!  Of all the places for him to have his wedding breakfast, the GLC is not the place I would’ve picked in a million years”

 

“So you’ve cancelled the reception hall, right?”  I whisper to her and she nods.  “And I’ve made the call and sent the email so the priest should be on his way soon enough.”

 

“He will be thanking us.”  She whispers.

 

I couldn’t agree more.  Although there is nothing wrong with the GLC and whoever has decorated have done an okay job, it’s just not Brian.  The doors swing open and the wedding party come in.

 

Mother and rent-a-dick lead the way chattering and smiling while heading to the top table, I presume. The rest of the crowd take their seats.

 

“I just can’t understand why he’s doing it this way.”  I whisper to an equally bemused Lindsay.

 

“Must be something Justin wanted.  Isn’t this where they met?”

 

“Oh how romantic.”  I snipe.

 

“Oh hey you two, what are you doing here?”  Claire smiles, actually smiles at us.  “You should be at that table.”   She points towards a table near the top table.

 

Lindsay and I exchange smug looks and move.  “This is going to be better than we thought.”  I whisper to her and she snickers, quietly.  As we take our seats, Slick comes up to us.

 

“You made it…pity.”  She drawls.

 

“I’d have thought his best friend would be better dressed than that.”  I look her up and down.  She’s dressed smartly enough but not as good as us.

 

“Which table are we on again?”  Her boyfriend asks and she turns and points to one at least two back from the top table, before turning back to us.  “I would say it is lovely to see you but that would be a lie.  Now I’m going to ask you something.  Is there anything you need to tell me anything at all?”

 

“Why would we need to tell you anything?”  I sneer.  “Lindsay, is there anything we need to discuss with her?”

 

“Not that I’m aware of.”  She shrugs.  “Now excuse us, we have to take our seats, here as opposed to all the way over there.

 

Her boyfriend pulls her to the table. We grin at each other and wait for the arrival of the grooms, but more importantly the priest!

 

“Lindsay, Michael how lovely to see you.”  Sandrine sits down next to us, along with Catherine and France.  “Oh here they come.”  She grins as the doors open.

 

Lindsay and I exchange looks as instead of Brian and Justin, a priest arrives.

 

“Ladies and gentlemen, your attention please!”  The room goes quiet.  “I have an announcement to make!  Before the breakfast there will be video of two special people!”

 

Lindsay and I roll our eyes but say nothing.

 

The screen flickers on and I take out my phone to send the email I have prepared, when I hear Lindsay gasp.  “Michael!”  She hisses.

 

“One minute.  I just need to send this.”  I tell her and finish sending it then look at her.  She is looking very pale and staring directly ahead.

 

I follow her gaze and find myself staring at myself rushing round the old apartment in just my boxers trying to get out when Slick was supposedly coming around.  People are starting to laugh.

 

“What the fuck is this?!”  I hiss at her.

 

“I don’t know!”  She hisses back.

 

The next shot is of Lindsay heading to the kitchen and taking the recycling. We both look at each other confused before she stops on the screen, picks up my comic and takes it too.

 

“You came back for it!”  I snarl at her.

 

“I thought it was rubbish!”

 

“It was worth thousands!”  I hiss back at her.

 

“Sssh!”  Someone snaps.

 

The next shot is of Lindsay’s bedroom at Catherine’s house earlier this week. Someone turns up the volume as my voice booms out about what I did to Slick’s mom’s portrait.  I start to sink down in my seat as the room goes unearthly quiet.

 

“Come on!”  Lindsay hisses and pulls me to my feet.  “Let’s go!”

 

As we turn to leave, we find Slick blocking our path.  “Going somewhere?”  She snarls.

 

LINDSAY

 

Now I have seen Slick angry but she looks positively incandescent in fury and the person holding her back is not her boyfriend but Brian!

 

“I asked you a question.  You seem to be in an awful hurry all of a sudden, considering how keen you were to sit earlier.”

 

“Slick, listen.  What we, well Michael did, with the portrait was wrong.  As you can tell, I knew nothing about…”

 

“But your sympathy was so very sincere!”  She snarls.

 

Brian takes a step back tightening his grip on her squirming form.  “Slick!  Not worth it!  They are not worth it.”

 

“Listen to him honey!  Listen!”  Debs orders.

 

Slowly she starts to calm down and I start to breathe easier.  “Slick, what he did was wrong and…”

 

“What was the name of the hotel you stayed in while you were in New York?”  She demands.

 

“The Viceroy.”  Michael replies.  “Why?”

 

“So you didn’t pretend to be me, Lindsay, and add you and Michael to the booking at the Baccarat?”  She glares at me.  “And you didn’t run up a $7000 bill and skip out without paying, did you?  And you Michael, you didn’t load up your duffel bag with the entire contents of the mini bar and the bathroom, did you?  Tell me, you two, how do the bathrobes feel against your skin?  How were the spa treatments?  The dinners?”

 

“You can afford it!”  Michael hisses.  “You were just throwing money around. Why shouldn’t we get something out of it?!  Consider it payback after all you did to force us out of Brian’s lives!”

 

“After all I…what in fucks name are you talking about?!  I had nothing to do with it other than providing the locale and privacy for them to be happy!  They fell in love with each other!  Their emotions are fuck all to do with me!”

 

“Brian is supposed to be fucking mine!  I have waited long enough for him to grow up!”  Michael shouts stepping up to her.  “And for you to encourage that crippled hustler to be with him…”

 

“Brian!  Justin!  No!”  Carl booms.  “Both of you step back!”

 

MICHAEL

 

“Yo-you were going to hit me?”  I stammer.  “Over some piece of blond boy ass?!”  I shout.

 

“No, I was going to stop my husband from hitting you.”  Brian tells me quietly and walks past me to take Justin in his arms.

 

“Hu-husband?”  I stammer.

 

“Yes, husband.  You got her Debs?”

 

“I got her kiddo.”

 

“Michael Novotny and Lindsay Peterson?”

 

“Det. Crane, what are you doing here?”  I ask and then watch him and Det. Bank take out handcuffs.  “What are you doing?”

 

“Arresting you for fraud.”  He smiles coldly.  “You’ve just admitted, both of you¸ that’s what you did.”

 

“We can make restitution!”  Lindsay shouts.  “Well I can!”

 

“Makes no difference.  You knowingly did what you did.  We were there watching you whoop it up.  You had 4 days to make restitution and chose not to.  So you’re going back to jail.”  Det. Bank explains with a matching cold smile.

 

“Back to jail?  Why?”  Lindsay demands.

 

“You breached your parole, so back you go.”  Mel steps up to us and then hands Carl a piece of paper.  “And this is the breach of restraining order paperwork.”

 

“The restraining orders were lifted!”  I shout, although my mind is still reeling over Brian being married.  When?  How?

 

“Partially.  Whilst you were physically allowed in their presence, you are prohibited from interfering in their personal, business or private lives in any way, shape or form, which you tried to do.  Didn’t you Mr Norris when you emailed the pastor and said that Justin is already married and didn’t you Ms Caine when you cancelled the hall?”  She glares at us both.  “And let’s not forget when you initially emailed the Mitheson Gallery to get them to cancel Justin’s participation.”

 

As the cuffs are clapped on to us, I turn to Brian, who is speaking quietly to Justin.  “When did you get married?!”  I demand.  “You couldn’t have done it this morning!”

 

“Of course we didn’t get married this morning.”  Brian smiles down at his husband.  “We got married when we went to Maryland.”

 

LINDSAY

 

“What?!”  I shout.  “Don’t be ridiculous!”

 

“They are married Lindsay.”  Jennifer smirks.  “Although Debs and I were pissed, they explained it was a spur of the moment thing and it felt right for them.”

 

“So there’s no wedding? This is all a set up?!”  I snap.

 

“Oh no there is a wedding but it’s tomorrow.”  Sandrine comes to stand in front of me and shakes her head her disappointment clear.  “We will be going to the rehearsal dinner tonight.”

 

“So who is getting married?”  I ask confused.  “Surely not Mel or Ben?!” 

 

“Grim and Twinkle.”  She replies.

 

“Grim and Twinkle!  Sandrine, I can’t actually understand how you are so fascinated by them!”

 

“Why wouldn’t I be interested in my nephew’s wedding?”

 

My face drops.  “N-nephew?”

 

“Yes, Twinkle is a sparkly little WASP.”  She smiles.  “And you are so lucky there are police here. They have saved you from a well-deserved slap.”

 

“We can step out for a minute or two.”  Det. Crane smiles

 

“Are you serious?”  Slick asks, looking keenly us.

 

“No!”  Det. Crane laughs then nods at his partner and they pull us out.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please review kindly and constructively.  Thank you.