Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

CHAPTER 44: RESOLUTION & REALISATION

 

BRITIN – WEDNESDAY MORNING

 

MASTER BEDROOM

 

BRIAN

 

What a lovely way to take wake up!  I groan and wrap my arms around Justin and rock my hips gently and he gasps before pushing back.

 

“Uh!”  I mumble into his hair and hold his hips; take hold of his cock, start stroking and hope for the best.

 

But’s too good.  Less than a minute later we’ve both come within seconds of each other.

 

“We have…wait a sec.”  I inhale some much needed air.  “Got to figure a way of lasting longer.”

 

He giggles and kisses my bicep.  “With more practice, you should be able to last more than a minute.”

 

“A minute!  Excuse me!  It was you that came within a minute. I was just following your lead and besides that was at least a minute and a half.”

 

He snorts and nestles back in my lap.  “Of course it was and of course you were.”

 

We both groan as I soften and slide out of him.  “We need to put something down or we’re going to be spending a lot of money on sheets.”

 

He giggles and then falls silent just stroking my arm.  “Mel said that he’s been kept in jail as they deem him a flight risk.  He’s denying everything of course.”

 

“Of course.  That’s what cowards do.”  I pause contemplating how to ask him this.

 

“No I don’t want to see him but yes I want to go to the trial to support Slick.”

 

“Good.  But now we have to have a shower and go to the study. We’ve got the VC hearing and I want to prepare for it.”

 

HONEYCUTT’S HOUSE OF FOOD – WEDNESDAY LUNCH TIME

 

BRANDON

 

“For goodness sake Emmett, let me pay for it!”

 

“No Brandon and that’s final.  Speaking of finals, congratulations King of Studs’n’Suds!”

 

“Thanks.  I only won because Kinney’s prince wasn’t there.”

 

“True.”  He giggles and puts in another piece of chicken pie.

 

“Emmett!”

 

“Protein…from a food source now hush and run while you can!”

 

I grin and head out and immediately eat the chicken pie.  It’s so rich and buttery that it takes everything not to turn back and get another one. Well that and the smug expression on Emmett’s face, I give him the finger and walk off.

 

Walking down the street, I spot the dumbass twins getting into a cab.  I still can’t believe that his jealousy and need to meddle in Kinney’s life led to all of this trouble.  I hope they end up in jail.

 

Hunter’s suggestion of sending them to Coventry is great.  Although it only started on Monday evening, it’s really caught on.  The expressions on their faces when everything goes quiet the moment they come in are said to range from angry constipated pixie to angry harpy and that’s just him.

 

Even better, he’s been barred from both Phoenix Rising stores, which was Kyle’s idea.  I like Kyle he’s a good guy.

 

Oh fuck it, I’m going back for more pie!

 

ALLEGHANY COURTHOUSE

 

COURTROOM 3

 

JUDGE RICHARDS

 

“Due to the restraining orders placed upon Mr Novotny and Ms Peterson, this is being held via VC.  Mr Lorimer, Mr Kinney and Mr Taylor’s lawyer is present in court.  As is Melanie Marcus and Benjamin Bruckner.  Mr Kinney and Mr Taylor, can you hear us clearly?”

 

“Yes your honour.”  Mr Kinney replies whilst Mr Taylor nods.

 

“I need you to speak for the stenographer Mr Taylor.”

 

“Sorry, yes your honour.”  He blushes and Mr Kinney mouths something at him.

 

“Mr Kinney was that to be recorded?”

 

“No your honour.”

 

“I thought not.”  I smile at him.  “Though I can lip read, we shall keep it between us, yes?”

 

“Yes please your honour.”

 

“Good, then we shall proceed. From what I’ve read this is a simple cut and dried case of stripping Michael Charles Novotny and Lindsay Peterson of their rights to the children Gus Marcus Peterson and Jenny Rebecca Marcus Peterson and…”

 

“Cut and dried?”  Mr Novotny echoes.

 

“Kindly instruct your client not to interrupt Mr Hughes.”

 

He nods and glares at him.  “Quiet, during the summation.”

 

“As I was saying.  And arranging for supervised visits with the children at a neutral location and…”

 

“Ssssh!”

 

I sigh and glare at the Novotny character, who clearly is a spoilt brat.

 

“From the statements I have received from Brian Kinney, who is biologically Gus’s father and from Melanie Marcus who is Jenny Rebecca’s biological mother, the two of you colluded to dupe Mr Kinney into paying support for both children for the last three years, with you, Mr Novotny, only visiting Canada when Mr Kinney was also attending.  Which he now feels was a ruse to get him to pay for your flights...”

 

“Not a word.”

 

“There is also the matter of the upcoming trials for you, which due to developments over the weekend could actually see you jailed.  I have also read the letters from the children and I find them most upsetting especially the one written to you Ms Peterson, considering your insistence on having Mr Kinney as Gus’s father.”

 

“Quiet!”  He hisses

 

“It is so ordered that the parental rights be so stripped.  A visitation schedule will be dependent on the results of the trials.”

 

“Thank you your honour…”  Mr Hughes said.

 

“Thank you?!  You’re thanking him for this travesty of justice?!”  Novotny shouts.

 

“We are not done Mr Novotny!  Sit down and be quiet!”  I shout.

 

It takes two tugs from Mr Hughes to get him to sit down.

 

“With regards to the petition for physical custody of Gus Marcus Peterson by Brian Kinney, this too is so ordered as there is no objection from Melanie Marcus, who will now be given legal guardianship of Gus, although I understand there is a caveat to this requested by Gus himself Mr Lorimer?”

 

“Yes your honour.”  He replies, a smile playing at his lips.  “I have the note here if I can read it?”

 

“Proceed.”

 

“Dear Judge, I love my dad very much but I also love living with my sister Jenny, she’s one of my best friends.  I’ve spoken to momma, her name is Mel, and my dad and instead of me living with dad all the time, I can see him in the evenings and weekends.  I would miss Jenny too much even though she’s only going to be down the road.  But momma and dad couldn’t live in the same house as they would kill each other, though they have been getting on a lot better now that we don’t live with mom anymore.  I think this would be the best solution to the living arrangements.  Yours sincerely Gus Marcus.  PS: I would also like to change my surname to Kinney but keep Marcus as my middle name but momma said I would have to wait for that.  And Jenny wants to drop the Peterson too.”

 

I have a quiet chuckle and watch Mr Taylor wipe a tear from Mr Kinney’s cheek, much to the annoyance of Mr Novotny. Oh yes a spoilt jealous brat, of the worse kind.  Ms Peterson also looks annoyed but her ire is directed at Ms Marcus, who doesn’t look at her.

 

“I think that he presents a good case and it is so ordered.  The main parent for Gus Marcus Peterson, will be Brian Kinney with Melanie Marcus as legal guardian.  Now onto the situation with Jenny Rebecca.  I believe that Ms Marcus you wish to make a statement…”

 

“How come they…”

 

“One more word and I’ll throw you out myself!”  Mr Hughes snaps at him.

 

“Thank you your honour.  I would like for Benjamin Bruckner to be given legal guardianship over Jenny Rebecca. He’s been more of a father to her than Mr Novotny, whilst not in a financial capacity but with emotional support.  However, he is HIV positive, although in excellent health at present.  But in the event of his death before Jenny Rebecca’s 18th birthday, the legal guardianship status would revert to Brian Kinney.”

 

Judging by the expression on his face this is the first he’s heard of it.

 

“Mr Kinney any objection?”

 

“No, no your honour, no objection.”  He swallows hard and looks at the table.

 

“Mr Kinney do you need a moment?”  I ask.

 

“Ju-just a minute please your honour.”  Mr Taylor responds and the screen goes blank.

 

Two minutes later they reappear and he goes to speak.

 

“Mr Kinney no need.”  I wave away his attempt at an apology.

 

“Thank you your honour.”

 

“As per Ms Marcus’s request, it is so ordered.  Now I believe that is all.  Court is dismissed.”

 

“All rise for Judge Richards.”

 

I make my departure swiftly as I feel there is going to be a temper tantrum in a minute.

 

MICHAEL

 

“So that’s it?  We’re no longer parents?”  I demand.  “You said absolutely nothing to defend us!”

 

“You didn’t give me much to work with.  You aren’t parents legally, which means you have no say, but you can visit your children as much as you have before.”  Hughes replies packing up his things.

 

Brian sniggers as does Vomit Boy.

 

“So now what happens?  Can we appeal?”  Lindsay asks, still glaring at Mel.

 

“You could but after the other trials.”  He replies.   “Judge Richards is right. You could go to jail for what you’ve done.  Think about that.”

 

He shakes hands with everyone but us and leaves and all but Mel follows.

 

I turn to the screen just as Vomit Boy is about to switch it off.

 

“Hold it!”  I yell.  “This is all your fault Vomit Boy!”

 

“Do not call my partner that Michael!”  Brian yells back.

 

“Partner?  You and him? Ridiculous!”  Lindsay scoffs.  “Once you’ve finished ploughing his ass, you’ll move onto the next trick.  Admittedly, it’s taking a lot longer for you to get him out of your system but you will. He’s just a piece of ass!”

 

“No he’s not!  Don’t you two get it?  An unfinished hand job and a drunken fuck when we were teens meant nothing to me. Nothing! Which is why it was never repeated.”

 

“So what are you saying Brian? That you love him?”  I sneer.

 

“What I feel for him is not either of your business.  You two have already caused enough pain with your…”

 

“No this is infatuation!  You don’t love him!  You can’t!”  I shout, banging my fists on my hips.

 

“For fuck sake grow up!  We are not going to be fulfilling your teenage fantasy of being old queens in Palm Springs, we never were.”

 

“Brian…”

 

“And we’re never going to be the family that you want us to be Lindsay.  I don’t feel that for you, I never did.”

 

Lindsay laughs.  “Next thing you’ll be saying you’re doing it raw!  For you Brian that would be the ultimate sacrifice!”

 

“Like I said, none of your business.  Good luck in your trials, seems you will need it.  Let’s go Justin.”

 

Just before Vomit Boy switches off the screen, he smiles.  “We sacrificed and it was fantastic!”

 

“Oh my God!”  Mel breathes.

 

Lindsay and I just look at each other in horror.

 

57TH PRECINCT

 

INTERVIEW ROOM

 

CRAIG

 

“For the last time, I have nothing to do with this.  Read my statement!”

 

“I’ve had enough of this, perhaps this will convince you.  Bring him along.”

 

I’m brought to another interview room.  “What are we doing here?  You going to work me over?”  I demand trying to keep the fear out my voice.

 

“No of course not.” He chuckles before speaking again. “We’re just waiting for your friend.”

 

I look toward the door and they bring in Gold.

 

ETHAN

 

“Craig, Mr Taylor!  Tell them!  Tell them you told me to do it!”  He sobs.

 

“He denies it.  He says that he didn’t mean it literally.”  A detective tells him.

 

“Which is why I recorded it, you see.  So if it ever came to this, you couldn’t deny it!”

 

“Ethan…”

 

“Quiet Taylor!  And why would he deny it?”  The detective barks.

 

“Because he’s not ready…”

 

“Not ready for what?”

 

“To accept me in his life.”

 

“Accept you in his life how?”

 

“As his friend, confidante and…”

 

“Ethan.”  Craig interrupts me.  “I thought you were my friend and yes I confided in you but I never meant for you to do this!”

 

“I would do anything for you, you know that!”  I cry out and try to reach him but I’m pushed back into my seat.

 

“Why?  Why are you doing this to me?  I’ve got enough problems with my faggot son without you going psycho on me!”

 

“But I love you!”  I yell.

 

“What?!”  He gasps and tries to scoot backwards.  “In love with me!  Gold I’m not a faggot!  I like women!”

 

I narrow my eyes at him.  Oh no Mr Taylor! I didn’t do all of this for you to play the straight card!

 

“You told me to do this.  In bed that night.  I’m not going to be betrayed by you.  I want to leave now.”

 

As the door closes, he begins to shout.

 

CRAIG

 

I gape at the closed door.  “You can’t seriously believe that shit!”  I demand.

 

“You and Ethan Gold will be transferred to Pittsburgh County Jail tonight.”

 

The detectives leave and as the door closes one of them says.  “We’ve got him what with all the pictures of them, we’ve got them.”

 

Pictures what pictures?!!!