Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

CHAPTER 43: TALK & COVENTRY

 

CABIN – SUNDAY MORNING

 

BEDROOM

 

JUSTIN

 

I can’t believe we did it raw last night.  I turn and snuggle into his chest and I feel the soft kiss on the top of my head.

 

“Coffee?”  He mumbles.

 

“Mmm, I’ll get it.”  I mumble back and get up and head to the bathroom before heading downstairs.

 

Fifteen minutes later I come back upstairs with a tray of coffee and he stares at the tray and then at me.

 

“No French toast?”  He looks so disappointed, then picks up the tray.  “Come on let’s make it together.”

 

LOUNGE

 

After we eat and let the boys out, we’re sitting in silence before I look at him and bite my lip.

 

“It felt fantastic.”  I blurt out.

 

“I know.”  He grins at me and then his face gets serious.  “So how do you feel about, um, continuing that…”

 

“Doing it raw?  As in all the time?”  I stammer.

 

“Yeah.  I haven’t been with anyone since I met you.  I’m willing to get tested again.”  He replies.

 

“Okay.  So will I.”

 

“Why?”  He looks confused.  “You’ve only been with me.”

 

“I know but I want to.”  I reply and stroke his face.

 

“So it’s agreed, it’s just us from now on.  No one else?”

 

“No one else.”  I nod.

 

“Wow.”   He sighs and leans in to kiss me tenderly.  “So can we go back upstairs now?”

 

“No.”

 

I lean across and kiss him and feel his heart hammering in his chest.

 

“It feels really good.”  I breathe into his ear kissing down his neck.  “So hot and tight.  I could feel every ridge, every vein and every throb.”

 

I tug at his waist and kiss down his chest pulling off his robe.  His leaking cock brushes against my chest as I slide down his body.

 

“Justin.”  He groans and his hips tilt upwards.

 

“Rug.”  He’s biting his lip in an effort to calm down.  “Brian get on the rug.”  I order gently.

 

I don’t think I have ever seen him move so fast.

 

“Now Justin, please now.”  He whispers lying down and pushing a cushion under his hips.

 

His cock is straining upwards, leaking and bright red. I spread his pre-cum on my cock and I suck on my fingers before gently sliding them into him.

 

“Do-don’t hit it…oh!  Justin, wait, ne-need to…”

 

I slow my thrusts until his breathing slows and his grip on the rug loosens.  “Are you ready?”

 

“Mmm.”

 

“Put your legs round my waist.”  I start to tremble as he wraps his shaking legs round me.

 

Slowly I push inside and as he opens his mouth no sound comes out. I slide all the way in as he just looks at me.

 

“St…still.”  He pants, then brushes my sweaty hair out of my eyes, my whole body is shaking. After a few motionless moments, he’s practically begging me to move again.  “Now, now please Justin please.”

 

I slowly withdraw and slide back in.

 

He grips the rug hard.   “God!  Ever-everything!  Every…oh!”

 

“Mmm! Mmm!  Oh!”  I moan and continue slow deep thrusting.  “I’m cum…”

 

As my orgasm rips through me, my eyes roll back. I know I collapsed on his chest but… well that’s the last thing I know.

 

I’m not sure what time it is when I wake up but we’re on the sofa with him behind me and his phone is ringing.

 

“Brian, your phone.”  I mumble.

 

“You fainted.”  He mumbles back.  “And we need to replace the rug.”

 

“Your phone is still ringing.”  I elbow him gently.  “Answer it.”

 

“You fainted.”  He repeats and I can feel him smile into my neck.  “You’re nearer.  Too comfy, have bubble butt in lap.  Put on speaker.”

 

I fumble for his phone, still trying to work out how I am nearer, and see it’s Emmy Lou.

 

“Hey Emmy it’s Justin.  GGK is feeling lazy…”

 

“Baby can you just listen?  The most important thing is that she’s fine. Shaken but…”

 

“Who’s fine?  What’s going on Emmy?”  Brian demands.

 

“Slick.  Uh Justin.  It seems that your dad…uh your dad tried to have her kidnapped and…”

 

“Where are you?  Is she with you?”  Brian raps out as we look at each other in horror.

 

“She’s here, at Debs. We all are…”

 

“Call Ted, he has a key to Britin. All of you go there and we’ll see you in a few hours.”

 

“Brian…”

 

“Emmy Lou!  Call Ted!”  I shout at him.

 

“Okay, we’ll see you soon.  Drive safely.”

 

DEBS’ HOUSE

 

CARL

 

Ems is pacing as he explains the situation to Ted and then tells us that Ted will meet us there and we just need to pack a bag.  Slick is still asleep and Lindon is with her.  We’ve kept it on a need to know basis.

 

“What a fucking mess!”  Debs snaps, she jumps when the door knocks.

 

“What the fuck? I mean seriously... what the fuck?!”  Jennifer exclaims as she comes in.

 

“How did…?” I begin.

 

“I called her before I called Brian.”  Ems explains.  “Brian and Justin are on their way back.”

 

Jennifer is stalking round the room. “I mean he’s done all kinds of dumb but this... this is just way out the stratosphere stupid!”

 

“Guys can you keep the noise down she’s still sleeping.”  Lindon comes into the room.

 

Debs turns him back around.  “You’re going to have to wake her; we’re going to Britin.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Because her best friend said so.  Now go and wake her!”

 

57TH PRECINCT

 

INTERVIEW ROOM

 

CRAIG

 

I’m going to wake up in a minute and realise this is a nightmare.  That I am not sitting with my lawyer opposite a detective who is telling me that I’m now facing an attempted kidnapping charge, which carries a minimum 3 year sentence.

 

“For the last time, I have nothing to do with this!”  I yell.

 

“So it’s pure coincidence that your trial is set for next week and someone that you know decides to take her for a little ride?”

 

“Who?  Who is this mythical person that I’m supposed to be in collusion with?”

 

“Come now Mr Taylor.  You know exactly who we’re talking about.  And he’s not going down without you.”  The detective chuckles and slides a pad and pen across to me.  “His words.”

 

“No I really don’t!”  I look across at my lawyer who is glaring at me before turning back to the detective.  “Who the fuck are you talking about?!”

 

“Okay we’ll play it your way.  Ethan Gold.”

 

I look at him and bark out a laugh but then stop.  “Wait you’re not serious, Ethan?  Ethan Gold did this?  And said I was his partner in crime?!”

 

“Yes, I’m serious.  Ethan Gold did this but didn’t say you are his partner in crime…”

 

“You are speaking in riddles.”

 

You said you were his partner in crime.”  The detective smiles and sits back.

 

BRITIN – LATE AFTERNOON

 

BRIAN

 

Poor Justin. He’s been alternating between abject apologies, rage and tears over what’s happened.  Slick has had to threaten to cut his balls off if he apologises one more time.

 

“So tell me again, why I am staying here?”  Slick demands.  “I’m more than capable of looking after myself.”

 

Wisely, nobody comments on the fact that she’s not left Lindon’s side since she got here.

 

“Because we have security here and you don’t have that at your place and…”

 

“He’s in jail people!”  She points out.

 

“You don’t know if he had any other accomplices…”

 

“Ratface boy was holding me up with a rubber gun. I don’t think we have to worry about the fucking mafia.”  She grouses

 

“Sweetheart.”  Debs bustles over with a brandy.  “First drink this, second do as you’re fucking told understand?”

 

“Please, Slick, please?”  Jennifer begs.  “You’re clearly still in shock and…”

 

“I’m not fucking in shock!”  She snaps and knocks back the brandy in one gulp.

 

Nobody says a word and slowly her trembling stills and her eyes fills with tears.

 

“I remember the click.”  She whispers.  “You never forget that sound.  I’m sorry, I’m so sorry I lied, I lied.”

 

“What?  What did you lie about?”  Carl gives her another glass of brandy.

 

“I heard him kill her.  I heard him.”  She whispers brokenly.

 

“Oh fuck me no!”  Emmy Lou gasps tearfully.

 

She takes a steadying breath.  “I went downstairs and…and he was just standing there proud as could be and you know what he said when he was arrested?”  She laughs bitterly and waves the glass at Debs.  “I left her pretty.”

 

“Christ!”  Ted snaps and before anyone could stop him he knocks back the brandy that Debs had handed him to hand to Slick.

 

His eyes bug out as the reality of what he’s just done hits him and he immediately flicks his tongue in and out in disgust whilst making gagging noises

 

“Do not throw up on the carpet Schmidt!”  I warn.

 

“Seriously!”  Debs and Carl shout at me.

 

OUTSIDE THE DINER

 

MICHAEL

 

“Why is it closed?”  I demand.

 

“It says there you know on the notice.  Closed for a family emergency.”  A twink snipes.

 

The small group that has gathered looks at me.

 

“What?”  I ask and then look at Lindsay who sighs and shakes her head.

 

“Call Debs Michael!”  She snaps.

 

I glare at her but take out my phone.  “Mother it’s me.  Are you okay?  Fine, so why is the diner close?  What family emergency?  No! No, mother Slick is not family and…hello, hello?”

 

“You are such a fucking moron!”  A twink snaps and the crowd disperses quickly.

 

We decide to head to the Café on the Corner and find it packed.

 

“So where are we going to go?”  Lindsay grumps.  “We’re not going to get in there for ages.”

 

“Oh let’s go to Emmett’s. He can give us samples and gossip.”  I grin.

 

When we get there we’re surprised to find Daphne and Ben coming out and locking up.

 

“What were you guys doing here?” They head to Ben’s car and ignore me.  “I asked you two a question.” They get in the car and drive away. “What the fuck is your problem?!”  I shout at the departing car.

 

“Something is going on and I’m determined to find out what.”  Lindsay asserts.  “Let’s go home.”

 

MEL & JENNY’S HOME

 

MEL

 

“But she’s going to be okay right?  Poor Justin, he must feel terrible.”  Jenny wipes her eyes.

 

“She is and he does…”  Lucy begins only to start crying herself.  “Oh God how could he?!!”

 

Gus and Jenny exchange anxious looks.

 

“Do you think, this will trigger memories about her mom?”  Jenny asks quietly and I look stunned.

 

“How do you know about her mom?”  I ask.

 

“Molly heard Justin telling Daphne and Aunt Jennifer and told me and I told Gus.”

 

I nod sagely, ah the teenage network, I think to myself.  “Yes there’s a chance it will.”

 

We sit in silence for a while before Lucy clears her throat.  “I don’t know about you but…”

 

“I’ll pack!”  Jenny leaps up.

 

“I’ll call dad!”  Gus grabs his phone.

 

“Remember to pack your schoolbooks!”  I yell at their retreating backs.

 

“I was going to suggest pizza but this is a much better idea!”

 

MICHAEL’S APARTMENT

 

LINDSAY

 

I’m furious! Nobody is returning our calls.  I don’t like being ignored and even worse I can’t contact Brian because of this fucking restraining order.

 

“Where the fuck is everyone?”  I sigh.

 

“Have you tried Mel again?”  Michael asks.

 

“Wait, what about the kids? We can call them.”  I suggest and we both reach for our phones.

 

BRITIN

 

MASTER BEDROOM

 

SLICK

 

“Can someone get me a rusty spoon?!”  I yell.

 

Justin hiccups through his tears.

 

“For the last fucking time, you have nothing to be sorry for!”  I tell him for the hundredth time.

 

“But if it wasn’t for me being there then…”

 

“But you weren’t there and that’s that.  And speaking of that place, you and I need to talk.  I think it might be best…”

 

“I’m moving here permanently.”

 

“Oh thank goodness!”  He looks surprised.  “One no, two counts, one all that hullabaloo round my business I don’t want.  And two, about fucking time!”

 

“But there’s still going to be hullabaloo round your business.”  Brian reminds me from the door.

 

“Whenever the trial starts I fully intend not to be there. I shall go to ground somewhere; I’m very good at hiding.”

 

He nods.  “Speaking of the trial... Because of this new development, there’s mostly likely going to be a postponement for this week.”

 

“Dad!  Justin!  Slick!”  We hear Gus shouting and no doubt running from room to room.

 

“They’re going to hate me.”  Justin whispers.

 

“Up here and bring up the wood axe with you!”  Slick shouts down.

 

Gus quickly hugs Brian and then leaps on the bed to hug both of us tightly followed by Jenny.

 

“How are you both?”  Jenny asks.

 

“Been better.”  I smile tiredly.

 

“Me too.”  Justin sighs.

 

“Okay, anyone that is not Slick or Justin downstairs.”  Debs orders.  “Let them get some rest.”

 

“Debs can call up Daph please?”  I smile at her

 

“Daph!  Get up here!”

 

Within seconds she’s on the bed.  “You need your best friend.”  I tell him gently.  “And I need to talk to mine.”

 

I jerk my head and after gently closing the door on Justin’s tears.  We follow Debs downstairs.

 

57TH PRECINCT

 

INTERVIEW ROOM

 

CRAIG

 

I stare at the detective in disbelief and ask to listen to the recording again.

 

“See there.  That’s our collusion.  So Mr Taylor, about this statement.”

 

“I didn’t mean literally give it your best shot.  I had no idea he was thinking of doing this!  Why would he do this?  I mean for fuck sake!”

 

“So you’re not going to write a statement?”

 

I shake my head firmly.

 

“Okay take him back.”

 

“Wait!”  I shout.  “Aren’t you going to say anything?!”  I demand of my silent all this time lawyer.

 

“May I speak to my client alone for a minute?”  His face is grim.

 

“One minute.”  The detective stalks out.

 

“How the fuck?”  He begins before fisting his hands into his eyes.  “You have to write a statement denying this…”

 

“Of course I fucking deny it.  Yes I wanted the charges dropped but not like this!”

 

“Then that’s what you write.  And hopefully we will get you out on bail tomorrow.”

 

“Tomorrow!  I can’t stay another night here, I can’t!”

 

“You don’t write a statement then you’ll be spending another 3 years in jail.”  He flings the pen and paper at me.  “Start writing!”

 

BRITIN

 

STUDY

 

SLICK

 

I shut the door and sigh.  “Talk him down for me.  He’s got to understand that this is not his fault.”

 

“I will I promise.  But once the shock has worn off, he’ll come to realise that and put the blame where it belongs.”

 

“Hope so.”  I look at him and there is something different.

 

“What’s up with you?”  I ask.

 

Before he can answer the door knocks and Mel pokes her head in, looking furious.

 

“Let me guess, the dumbass duo have left messages with you all and you’ve not returned their calls.  And now they’ve remembered they have kids and are calling them.”

 

Her jaw drops.  “How did?  You seriously freak me out sometimes!  Yes they have but they’ve not been answering either.”

 

“Seriously how did you know that?”  Brian looks impressed.

 

“Again psych major.  Besides, he called about the family emergency note on the door and Debs hung up on him.  Then Daph and Ben ignored them at Emmy Lou’s. It was only a matter of time before they tried the kids.”

 

“What are we going to do about them?”  Brian sighs.

 

“I’m going to ask for the hearing to be brought forward.”  Mel looks determined.  “I’m just letting you know that I’m telling them not to call them back until tomorrow earliest.”

 

“Great.  Thanks Mel.”

 

She nods and steps out.

 

“So, to quote you spill it.”  I order.

 

“What?”

 

“You’re glowing.  And you have the bottom walk.  So again, spill! I need some levity and good news.”

 

“Condom broke.”

 

“But you’re negative and I would be astonished if anything came back from him.”

 

“He still wants to get tested.”  Then he starts to smile.  “So am I and we’re…”

 

“Holy fuck, you didn’t?”  I gasp.

 

He nods, grinning like a loon.  “Oh no you have to say it out loud!”  I demand.

 

“Justin and I did it raw over the weekend. We topped each other raw and it…”

 

“What!”  Emmy Lou screeches from the doorway.  “Wait!  Start from the very beginning!”

 

We look at him in surprise.  “I did knock.  Now back to rawness!  Wait, let me get champers; this definitely calls for champers!  Oh my God how in love are you two?!”

 

He sinks down into his chair and groans and for the first time since Friday night, I burst out laughing.

 

DINER – MONDAY EARLY EVENING

 

MICHAEL

 

I can’t believe that nobody- not even the kids- returned our calls.  But at least this place is open again although we are getting dirty looks. We sit down but once again are blocked from the back booth.

 

Suddenly the diner erupts with cheering and clapping as Grim and his boytoy Twinkle come in.

 

“Come on you two.”  Mother actually hugs them both.  “It’s on the house, on the orders of management, for as long as you eat here.”

 

“No really Debs that’s not necessary.”  Grim is actually blushing.

 

“Yes it is!”

 

I wave at her to get her attention but she ignores me.

 

Then she shepherds them to the back booth and soon they are joined by Brandon and his friends including Hunter!

 

“And the same goes for you Brandon.”  She kisses his cheek and then brushes the lipstick mark off.

 

“What the fuck is going on?”  Lindsay hisses at me.

 

“I don’t fucking know! I’ve been with you all the time, remember?”  I scowl.

 

Finally, mother comes over with her pad.  “What do you want?”

 

“Well a few things.  I’m fine thanks for asking…”

 

“Michael.  I have a busy diner and am not in the mood for your shit now.  What do you want?”

 

“I want to know why they get to sit there and we don’t?  I want to know what family emergency it was that involved Slick, even though she’s not family. And I want you to know that the trial has been postponed. In fact it looks like it’s everything is going to be dropped.”

 

She sits down and adjusts her wig.  “Because everyone is at Britin so the booth is free but not to you.  None of your business.  And I know about that but no it won’t be, you are still, both, up to your necks in shit.  And for you to use the kids to try and find out what was happening at the weekend was despicable!”

 

“We have a right to know what is going on in our children’s lives!”  Lindsay exclaims.

 

“Only when you remember them!”  Mel snarls at her.  “Just to let you know that in light of developments over the weekend, we’ve had the hearing moved up to Wednesday.”

 

“What developments?  What’s happened?”  I almost scream with frustration.

 

“Again none of your business.”  Mel retorts sharply.  “Here’s your papers and…”

 

“Why do you have them?  Our lawyer should be speaking to us about this!”

 

“It was an emergency in light of developments and this needs to be sorted out before your other trial or in your case Michael, trials.  So he was happy for the hearing to be moved.”

 

“We’re not!”  Lindsay growls.  “We’re the parents and…”

 

Mel holds up her hand.  “Again only when you remember.  And have you actually read the papers thoroughly?”

 

“You already told…”

 

“So that would be a no.  Well Wednesday should be a cinch then.”  She smirks and then heads to the back booth.

 

We watch as she says something to Grim; then Twinkle blushes before accepting something and she then kisses Brandon on the cheek!  And then leaves without another word to us.

 

“Mother tell me what is going on right now?!”  I growl.

 

“No.  This is a need to know basis and you don’t need to know it.  And trust me nobody on Liberty Avenue is going to tell you a fucking thing.  Now either order or leave?”

 

“Fine, we’ll order.  We’ll both have a cheeseburger and fries and a coffee.”  I sigh.

 

“Hey Grams you got a sec?”  Hunter calls out,

 

She heads over to him and they chat and she nods before speaking to Sarah and Kiki.

 

As she comes over with our food, she doesn’t say a word either.  As we eat the normal chatter of the diner is replaced by the clang and clatter of the pots, pans and the hiss of the fryer.

 

“Why has it got so quiet in here all of a sudden?”  I ask a guy at the next table

 

“Because you two are here.  Now excuse me I’m sending you back to Coventry?”

 

“Coventry? Where the fuck is Coventry?”  I snap at him now at the end of my patience.

 

“To send someone to Coventry is an old English idiom to ostracise someone; to wish they weren’t here; to not acknowledge their existence” Hunter explains coldly. We’re startled as we hadn’t seen him approach.  “Ready Grams?  Enjoy your stay you two.  You’re going to be in Coventry for a very long time.”