Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

CHAPTER 34: FALL OUT

 

SLICK

 

It’s unnerving for it to be so quiet in Debs house.

 

“M-my what?”  Michael stammers, watching for signs of amusement on my face.  “No you’re lying! This is a joke, a cruel one but one nonetheless!”

 

“You’ve been dealing with Kyle Stewart on my behalf in these negotiations.  I have to admit, when I saw the accounts I was surprised. Your business isn’t doing as badly as you gave the impression it was. In fact, I got it for a song.  Who did your accounts?  Although I get the feeling I know the answer to that.”

 

“No!  No!  This is not happening!  What do you mean song?  And I did my accounts. It was better than have someone shaft me.”

 

“Well you shafted yourself. Your last quarter was in profit by $5000, not in loss.”

 

“Are you serious?”  Ben asks, still astonished by the turn of events.

 

“Yes.  Now, Michael, you will start work on Monday at the Uptown branch of Phoenix, whilst renovations will take place at my new store.  I like the sound of that my new store.”

 

“Like fuck I will!”  He shouts at me.

 

“So you’re tendering your resignation, are you?”  I smirk.

 

“Bet you’re regretting waiving the cooling off period rights now, aren’t you? And all for the sake of a fucking comic!”  Ted snarls. We’re all taken aback by rage in his voice. “Of all the lame brained, stupid, idiotic things to do!  I can’t believe you could be so fucking selfish Michael!”

 

“Ted?”  Brian begins.

 

“No this has to be said!  You’ve got a beautiful daughter in Jenny and if you had a fucking clue, you could’ve had a great son in Hunter.  Instead all you want to do is read comics and give Brian a virtual rim job every fucking time you see him.  Well if I were you, I would take your head out of his ass and accept the consequences of your actions.  Report to work on Monday and behave like an adult!  And get this into your thick head, Brian doesn’t want you, never wanted you and is not your best friend anymore and you are certainly not his!  You were replaced a long time ago by Slick.  Excuse me, I need some air.”

 

And with that he slams out the back door leaving us looking incredulously at an equally stunned Blake.

 

MEL

 

“Blake, maybe you should…”  I was about to suggest when Ted comes back in and sits back down.

 

“I apologise for my outburst…” Ted states calmly, as if he didn’t just blow up.

 

“I should hope so too, it…”

 

“Not to you Michael!  I’m apologising to the rest of the gang. That conversation should’ve been held in private.” He smiles at us before turning to glower at Michael.  “But rest assured, I would’ve said exactly the same thing!”

 

“And we have more news to share.”  I grin at Jennifer but then frown as Slick heads out back.

 

“Yes so our news.  All the papers for the defamation suits against Craig Taylor should be prepared by the middle of the week.  I’ll bring them to the diner for you guys to sign on hopefully Thursday and can serve on Friday.  But because Gus and Jenny are minors, we have to sue on their behalf.  So Brian, we need to use your lawyer for theirs and mine if that’s okay.   And of course there’s the little matter of his co-defendants.”

 

Brian nods.  “Actually my lawyer is going to look after Justin and mine too, so we can do a…what do you call it?”

 

“Class action suit?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Wait! What is this about Craig Taylor?”  Lindsay suddenly finds the power of speech.

 

“He came to the restaurant on Saturday and caused a scene and ended up calling us deviants so we’re all, well except Slick who wasn’t there, suing him for defamation of character.  And because he didn’t act alone in this endeavour, we’re going to be suing the people who let him know where Justin would be…”

 

“Why? What does it have to do with them?  How are they liable?”  Lindsay’s voice shakes.

 

“Because of them, he knew where to find Justin.  His safety was compromised, so we will be issuing cause of perception of threat lawsuits against them.” I take a sip of my wine.  “And by them, I mean you two.”

 

“Why them?”  Ben looks from me to Michael before sighing.  “Michael?  Lindsay?  What did you do?”

 

“Nothing!”  Michael’s voice is shrill.

 

“Really? You did nothing?”  We’re startled by Jenny. She had been walking B&B with Gus.  “So it’s pure coincidence that I told you where we were going on Saturday and he turns up there?”

 

“Yes.  And I don’t like the way you are talking to me right now that you finally decide to do so!”

 

“So if we were to subpoena the phone records of Craig Taylor, we wouldn’t find either of your numbers in his records?”  I glare at them both.

 

“No of course not.  I may not like Justin…”

 

“May not?”  Ben scoffs.  “You’re a seething mass of envy and resentment and that was before he came on the scene.  And this is just the type of spiteful thing you would do, after all look what you did to Slick.”

 

“What did he do?”  Lindon stares hard at Michael, who blenches slightly.

 

“Well, actually it was what they did, because of course he couldn’t have shared if Lindsay hadn’t told him.”

 

“What did they do then?”  Lindon demands.

 

“I’ll tell you later, I promise.”  Slick sits back down and squeezes his hand.  He seems placated but keeps his glare on Michael and Lindsay.

 

“Grandma?  Can we go watch some TV upstairs?”  Jenny asks, looking at Michael with disgust.  “Can we take B&B up with us?”

 

“Sure honey.”

 

Michael watches them leave in confusion. “Why on earth would you want them in your bedroom, especially with the dogs?  Surely, it would be better for them to watch down here?”

 

Debs snorts angrily.  “Because unlike you, they know when to leave a conversation to the grown-ups.”  She finishes off her piece of torte and wipes her mouth.   “And besides they’re not in my room; they’re in the spare room.”

 

“You mean my room.”  Michael corrects her haughtily.

 

“No. I mean my spare room.  I’ve moved all your stuff out and redecorated.”

 

“What?!”  He dashes upstairs and is back a minute later looking stunned.  “What have you done? Where is my stuff?”

 

“Carl’s lock-up.  You can collect it from there.  Now Slick about this job for Michael, are you serious?”

 

“I’m fully prepared to honour my side of the contract. If Michael wants to breach his, then that’s his choice…”

 

“So what are the penalties if he does?”  Carl interrupts.

 

“Phoenix Rising Comics takes possession of his inventory excluding the comic that was in the original deal.”

 

Michael stands up suddenly.  “I need, need time to think. This is all too overwhelming.  Lindsay, you coming?”

 

“Yes, I am.  I resent the insinuations made earlier. In fact, I’ve got a good mind to sue you Mel for what you’ve said.”

 

“You have as much chance of winning that as you do of retaining full physical custody of Gus!”

 

“Come on Michael, let’s go.”  She grabs her coat.  “Gus!  Jenny!  Can you come down? We’re going now.”

 

Gus is his father’s son through and through and it takes them a good five minutes to come down, by which time Lindsay is almost at snapping point.

 

“Finally!  We’ll speak tomorrow okay? What time’s best to call you?  Shall I say about six?”

 

“You can, see you then.”  They head back upstairs, ignoring her attempts to hug them goodbye.

 

“Michael.”  It’s the first time Justin has spoken since Slick’s announcement.  “Don’t think you can put what you’ve done in the fuck it bucket and forget about it.  That’s not going to happen not by a long chalk.”

 

“Am I supposed to be afraid of you?”  He comes back towards the dining room.  “Look at you. You’re awfully brave standing beside Brian.”  He sneers.

 

“Brian let me out please.”  He looks surprised but does move.

 

“I’ve made it on the streets for three years without anything happening to me.  And believe me, some people have tried.  Don’t be fooled by my twinkliness. I can put you on the ground in a heartbeat.”  He growls at him.

 

“Yeah right.”  Michael scoffs and then jabs him in the chest.  “Prove it! Come on…ow-ow-fucking-ow!  Let go!”

 

Justin had grabbed his finger and gave it a swift jerk back and kept it there.  “Don’t you ever touch me again, you understand?”

 

“Yes!  Yes!  Let go!”  Michael yelps, when he does let go there are tears in Michael’s eyes.

 

“Now get out.”  Justin orders and without another word they both leave.

 

DEBS

 

Well fuck me!  I knew there was a spitfire in there but I never knew he had that much fire.  He goes back and sits down next to Brian without a word.

 

“Way to go baby!”  Ems pats his hand.  “What was that death-hold finger thing?  You’ve got to teach me that!”

 

Daphne raises her glass.  “Wow is all I can say Justy, though I would’ve kneed him in the nuts at the same time.”

 

“I’m sorry you had…”

 

“Don’t you dare apologise!”  Carl cuts him off sharply.  “No Justin.  He did this.  It’s like the time he got arrested. He thought that it wouldn’t happen and then reverted to being a coward when it did.”

 

“What happened when he was arrested anyway?”  Mel asks.  “I heard him say that he was but he never told us what happened. I don’t think Lindsay knows either.  Do you know Debs?

 

I shake my head and look at Carl who chuckles. “Before I start, any more torte?”  Ems cuts him a slice.

 

“Well at first he was asking for me to be the one to fill out his arrest report.  I figure he thought I was with you Debs.  Then when he used his phone call, he demanded to use the one in the office because it didn’t go through.  And then he aggravated the guys in the cell so much with his whining about how unfair it was that everyone had abandoned him that he had to be moved a separate cell for his own safety.  So he spent the rest of the night wide awake and snivelling like a baby.”

 

“So he just paid his fine and then went home?”  Mel chuckles.

 

Carl frowns.  “Don’t know about that.  But I’ll check.  If he’s not, then he’ll be hauled before the courts again.”

 

“Well it’s been an eventful afternoon I can certainly say that.”  Robin drains his glass.  “Never a dull moment with them two around.  Oh by the way Slick, who were you on the phone to?”

 

“Locksmith.  He won’t be able to get into the store when he gets back.  I had them on standby just in case.”

 

“I see.”  He stands pulling an unresisting Ben with him.  “We’re going to go. See you guys.”

 

Slowly everyone filters out, each, no doubt, thinking about what has just happened and wondering what’s going to happen next.

 

“Did you notice how quiet Brian was afterwards?”  I ask Carl as I clear the table.  “I hope he’s not too upset with Justin.”

 

JUSTIN’S APARTMENT

 

LOUNGE

 

JUSTIN

 

Brian never said a word in the car and now he’s got me pinned beneath him on the couch and he’s ravaging my mouth to the point of bruising.  I have to pull on his hair so I can breathe!

 

He nips my ear and groans.  “I’ve never been so turned on in my life.  I went from soft to hard in less than a second.  Where the hell did that come from?  Oh never mind.  I can’t wait.  Stand up.”

 

I’m dazed from the force of his kiss and allow myself to be pulled to stand behind sofa.

 

“You... naked.”  He growls hotly in my ear whilst pushing his pants down his legs and then kicking them over to join his shoes before he starts to attack my neck.

 

“Wait, Brian stop!  Oh God, just slow down a bit!”  I pant, wriggling in his arms as he works on my shirt and my pants at the same time.

 

“Brian we have all night.  For goodness…mmmmpph”

 

Again my mouth is covered by his and his tongue is demanding entrance.  I stroke my fingers through his hair and down his face and slowly the pressure starts to ease and he pulls me into his embrace and smiles against my mouth.

 

“Oh what you do to me.”  He mumbles against my neck before taking a calming breath.  “Sorry that was a little intense. I didn’t hurt you, did I?”

 

“No, but it was a bit of a surprise considering how quiet you’d been.”  I giggle and look up at him.  “It was like wrestling a horny octopus!”

 

He scrunches his nose up at me and looks thoughtful.  “Horny octopus sex? Interesting.”

 

“Are we staying here tonight then?”  I ask and he shakes his head and pulls on his pants.

 

“The boys will need another walk and I like my Sunday evening routine.”

 

“Okay, I can’t wait for the loft to be done.  Can we throw a party?”

 

“Sure.”  He grins at me but then it falters.  “Are you sure I…”

 

“Positive.  Does this look like I’m upset with you?”  I point at my still hard cock and he grins.

 

“Let’s go home.  Whose turn is it to set yours or mine?”

 

“Yours.  And yes I will wear gloves when I walk the boys.”

 

“Good.”  He kisses me deeply and then gives my cock a gentle squeeze.

 

“Behave for heaven sake!”  I beam at him.

 

MICHAEL’S APARTMENT – EARLY EVENING

 

MICHAEL

 

We’ve just finished a bottle of wine and have been bitching about what happened earlier.  My finger has not stopped throbbing and Lindsay is going to speak to her lawyer about the threat thing that Mel mentioned.

 

“Well I don’t know about you but I could go for another glass of wine.”  She tells me and I nod.

 

I head out and find a liquor store and grab a bottle of red and white and am heading back when it starts to rain and of course I don’t have an umbrella.  I make it back to the store and try my key; it doesn’t work.  I try three times and nothing.

 

I head up through the proper entrance and find Lindsay on the phone.

 

“Ordering pizza as we didn’t get to take any leftovers”   She tells me and finishes our order. I pour her more wine and frown.  “Michael what is it?”  She asks.

 

“My key didn’t work on the store.  But it did yesterday.”

 

“Maybe she had the locks changed?”  Lindsay suggests.  “She does own it now, the bitch.  Oh maybe you can get the cooling off period thing reinstated, claiming false pretences.  She knew she was dealing with you but you didn’t know you were dealing with her and if you did you wouldn’t have dealt with her in the first place.”

 

“Great idea!”  I beam at her.  “Now do you want to see the comic I bought?”

 

“Yes, I do.  Do I need to wear protective gloves?”  She giggles and I’m almost tempted to say yes.

 

“One minute I’ll just go and get it.  It’s in the safe downstairs. A minute later, I stomp up the stairs, fuming. “That fucking ghetto bitch!”  

 

“What’s happened now?”  Lindsay looks up in surprise.

 

“She’s changed the interconnecting door lock as well.  Well she’d better be prepared for me tomorrow because I want my comic back!”  I shout.  “That nasty interloping bitch!”

 

BRITIN – POST BATH

 

MASTER BEDROOM

 

BRIAN

 

He got soaked walking the boys and to avoid him catching another cold, I stripped him in record time and wrapped him in sweats and gave him hot chocolate before our bath.

 

“Oh!”  His eyes are fluttering closed as we rock together.

 

“Open them and look at me. Justin look at me.”  I plead as I thrust gently.

 

“Brian.”  He breathes and tightens his grip around my back to meet my thrust.

 

“Good.”  I kiss him softly.

 

“So good.  Ah, mmm, oh!”

 

“Yes baby yes.”  I groan into his neck, his breathing hitches and I know he wants to speed up but I hold his hips fast.  “Be-better this way.”  I manage to groan out.

 

“Oh God so good!”

 

“Ne-need me to touch?”  I ask, ghosting my hand along his hip but he shakes his head and then he clenches.  “Justin!”  I gasp.

 

“H-hold still a minute, just a minute.”  We lock gazes and the only sound is our breathing.

 

“So glad…”  I groan.

 

“Me too…”  He pants back.  “Brian move.”

 

Five thrusts later we’ve not broken eye contact and have both come at the same time.

 

“I defend you.”  He smiles softly.

 

“And I defend you.”  I brush the damp hair out of his slowly closing eyes.  “So much.”