Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

CHAPTER 28: UNWANTED/WANTED

 

DAPHNE

 

I look incredulously at him and wonder what the fuck was Ben thinking when he chose this manchild; I pinch the bridge of my nose and heave a breath.

 

“Yes Michael, that’s exactly what we are doing and we’d like to get back to that!”

 

He goes to say something, but I hold up my finger.  “No-no-no!  Go away!  Or I will rip them off!”

 

I slam the door hard and bang my head against it repeatedly.

 

“Buzz killed?”  Hunter asks quietly.

 

“Just a bit.”  I sigh and turn to face his slightly crestfallen expression.  “But I’m still staying the night.”

 

He grins happily and we head back to the lounge.

 

LUCY’S HOUSE

 

LOUNGE

 

BEN

 

Robin and I glare at Mel and Lucy, who are at least look a little guilty, and a lot tipsy.

 

“So what do you have to say for yourselves?”  I demand.

 

“Oh, they aren’t h-happy.”  Mel hiccups.  “Time for diversionary tictacs, no tit…wait I can do this…tac.tics!  This was Jenny’s idea and you can’t be mad at your bug.”

 

“Are you saying a 13 year old came up this?”  Robin folds his arms crossly.

 

“Yes Wobin, I mean Rob-in.  And it worked!”  Lucy giggles pointing at Robin’s crotch.  “Cos I’m pretty sure that wasn’t there when we left.”

 

“You aren’t really mad Benny Wenny are you?”  Mel sways drunkenly.  “Because you match!”

We exchange looks and chuckle.  I’ve never seen Mel so drunk before. She’s normally very aware of her limits.

 

“There’s no point discussing this now, since you two are completely soused.”  Robin starts to lead Lucy to the stairs.  “But this will be discussed later.  I think breakfast in the diner is called for.  Ben, I’ll call you later okay?”

 

“Yeah look forward to it.”  I give him a quick kiss and retrieve Mel and head back to hers.

 

MEL & JENNY’S

 

DEBS

 

“Holy fuck what happened to her?”  I whisper hoarsely as Ben carries a sleeping Mel indoors.

 

“Babylon happened.”  He lays her gently on the sofa.  “Look I can stay if you guys want to get back home…”

 

“Are you sure?”  I ask as Carl gets my coat, he waves me off.

 

BEN

 

I wait a couple of minutes before clearing my throat.  “Mel you’re a crap actress you can wake up now.”

 

I hear her groan and sit up.  “It real…really was Jenny’s idea.”  She hiccups.  “Are you really mad?”

 

I shake my head and smile.  “No.  But the next time you want to act drunker than you are, don’t roll your eyes; you look deranged.  We’re going to meet in the diner later and it’s on you two.”

 

“Definitely!”  She smiles and gets unsteadily to her feet.

 

“You going to be okay seriously?”  I ask. “I can stay, I don’t mind the sofa.”

 

“No you go home.  You’re a good man Benjamin Bruckner.  Now excuse me!”

 

She bolts to the bathroom and I walk out laughing.

 

BRITIN – SATURDAY MORNING

 

BRIAN

 

Poor Justin.  We didn’t end up going anywhere last night.  He got a migraine and I ended up playing nursemaid, which mostly entailed watching him sleep with an eye mask on and clinging to me like a limpet.

 

But now he’s feeling a bit better though and is hungry as he couldn’t eat. Which is why we’re meeting the guys at the diner to catch up on the gossip, amongst other things.

 

“You were serious?”  I look incredulously at him as he hangs up sheepishly.

 

“Well I didn’t want to have to wait too long. I really need the pancakes.”  He blushes.

 

“Come on twat, I can’t believe you phoned ahead!”  I tease him earning myself a pout. I pin him gently to the garage door and kiss that away.  “Forgiven.”

 

“Mmm.  Thank you for last night.”  He murmurs against my neck.

 

“Anytime.  Remember to get your prescription filled and a supply left here okay.”  I remind him.

 

“Sure.  But are you okay?  You seem a little off.  Is it me?”

 

“No, it’s not you.  I’ve just got a couple of problems I need to deal with and I’ll explain later okay?”

 

He nods and squeezes my hand and I feel a bit better.

 

MICHAEL’S APARTMENT

 

MICHAEL

 

Wait till I see you Ben!  I can’t believe all this time he was pretending to be gay when…I shudder again.

 

“Ben this is the last message I leave for you.  If you don’t call me back everyone will know about you!”

 

As I head downstairs to open up, I notice scaffolding is being erected.  I wrench open the door.

 

“What is going on here?”  I demand haughtily.

 

“Building is being repointed.”  The guy replies and continues to work

 

“Nobody told me about this.  I should’ve been informed.”

 

“Take it up with your landlord buddy not me.  Now excuse me I’ve got a job to do.”

 

“Oh don’t worry I will!”  I snap and lock the door. As I turn round and look at the scaffolding I curse her.  “This completely blocks my sign. Nobody will be able to see the store!”

 

“Again landlord.”  He replies tersely and starts instructing his crew.

 

DINER

 

DEBS

 

Brian is looking tense.   He’s on the phone and scowling and Ted is jabbering away next to him.  Slowly but surely the tension eases and he beams and they hang up.

 

“Well done Theodore.  You have earned yourself a bonus for pointing out that clause in their contract.”

 

“Thanks Bri.  I had a feeling they would try this so made sure it was written in.  Shame this place doesn’t have a liquor licence as I feel like celebrating.”

 

Justin slides in next to Brian and grabs his water.  “How long does it take to kick in?”  He asks him.

 

“About five minutes.”  He replies leaning back against the booth.  “I’ll be fine; this is just precautionary.”

 

“What’s happened?”  I demand looking at the pair of them.

 

“Migraine last night.  Didn’t have my pills so had to ride it out.  Not fun.”

 

“Hey Justy.  Ooh Migraine Face.  How bad?”  Daphne slides in next to him.

 

“Just the residual effects.  I’ll be fine in a few minutes.”

 

Soon everyone who could make it is here.  Though Mel is looking a shade green around the gills.  The kids are at Slick’s with Carl. We finally managed to persuade him to move his car to hers and it’s progressing a lot quicker.

 

“So what are we having?  Sunshine I know about the pancakes for you.  What about everyone else?”

 

Soon I have all their orders and they are talking about their night and Mel is looking red and green around the gills and bitching about Lucy leaving her to fend for herself.  But Justin is starting to look a lot better.

 

The door goes and I watch Daphne’s eyes narrow. It doesn’t take a genius to work out who has just arrived.

 

He storms up to the booth. He’s about to begin when he’s stopped by Brian.  “Can I borrow your phone Mikey, my battery’s dead, I’ll be real quick I promise?”

 

He hands it to him with a smile.  “Need the code Mikey.”  Again the smile.  

 

“Oh it’s your birth date and month.”  He replies, beaming.

 

“Thanks.”

 

“What is now Michael?”  Mel sighs tiredly sadly reminding him of why he was storming the battlements.

 

“I need a word with the traitor, the harlot and my bête moi of a landlord.  And since you are all in one place it saves me a trip…”

 

“Hunter.  If you please.”  Brian prompts him.

 

Bête noir.  It’s bête noir you mean.  So what’s the latest round of malapropism about?”

 

“Well let’s see.  Let’s start with Ben…first you sleep with Brian behind my back…”

 

“Which didn’t exist at the time because it was before I met you…”  Ben interrupts.

 

“Makes no difference! I still should’ve been told and now you are fucking Daphne!”

 

Luckily the diner was pretty much empty when he dropped that particular bomb.

 

“Fucking Daphne?”  Ben echoes and looks at Daphne incredulously.

 

“Yes, I went round to speak to you last night and she didn’t deny it and she’s left you a little reminder.  A hickey, how juvenile…”

 

“Sarcasm.  Sarcasm.  And fucking sarcasm, you moron!”  Daphne hisses standing up only to be pulled back down by Hunter.  “And thanks to you I didn’t get any, as you indelicately put it, fucking last night.  You killed any concupiscent thoughts I had!”

 

“Robin!”  Ben grumbles, having checked in a mirror.  “When did you do that?”

 

“Concu…wait Robin? What does Robin have to do with that?”  He points at the hickey.

 

“I gave it to him when we were making out last night.  At Lucy’s house.”  He replies smugly.

 

“But…but, then who were you with in Ben’s house?”  He barks at her.

 

“Oh come on Michael, who do you think she was with?”  Brian sighs.

 

“You took a stranger to Ben’s house?”  He looks incredulous.  “I was right about you being a harlot then.”

 

“Ooh it’s go time!”  Daphne yells and it takes me and Hunter to sit her back down.

 

“Michael, you know that Hunter lives there too and is bisexual?”  I point out.

 

“No.  I mean yes that Hunter lives there but he’s gay not bisexual.”  He asserts smugly.

 

“Nope definitely bisexual.”  Hunter shakes his head at him.  “How do you not know that having known me for 3 years?  Jesus you are pathetic.  Look we’re going to head to Slick’s. She needs to hit something and I like her out of jail.”

 

“Fine but go the back way.  I don’t want her to get within striking distance.”  I tell him and he leads her out.

 

Slick clears her throat.  “Right so you were wrong about Ben.  Wrong about Daphne.  Want to go three for three?”

 

“You.  I am not wrong about!”  He shouts recovering some smugness.  “You’ve put scaffolding up and are blocking my store and deliberately trying to sabotage my efforts to…”

 

“You were advised as per the agreement that I’m responsible for the maintenance of the building.  And in the addendum, which you also signed, clearly stated that works would be undertaken to bring the building up to my immaculate standards within two weeks and I am within that time frame.”

 

“But nobody can see my store!”  He whines.

 

“Which is why you were advised to get a temporary sign prepared for the duration of the works.”  She takes a sip of coffee.  “As per the addendum that you signed.  Now excuse me for a minute.”

 

“Was your plane delayed?”  Brian asks looking behind Michael.

 

“Lindsay!”  Mel gasps.

 

“Ah there you are Brian.”  Lindsay’s tone is smug.  “I’ve decided to…what do you mean was my plane delayed?  How did you know we were coming?  I never even told Gus until we got to the hotel and I know he…”

 

Brian raises his hand.  “Where’s Gus?”  He asks her coldly.

 

“In the car. Brian how did you know?”  She demands again.

 

“Where’s his phone?”  He demands ignoring her question and approaching her.  “Give me Gus’s phone Lindsay!”

 

She quickly hands it to him and he strides out, coming back a few minutes later with Gus, who rushes towards me and then slides into the booth next to Mel, who hugs him tightly.

 

“Sonny Boy, well done.  So proud of you.”  Brian slides in next to him and ruffles his hair before handing him his phone back.

 

“He put his GPS tracker on before you took it away from him and at the airport hotel last night he emailed Jenny and she emailed me.”

 

“Lindsay what are you doing here?”  Michael demands.

 

“Moving back to Pittsburgh.  There’s nothing left in Canada for me…”  She begins tearfully, only to be interrupted by the slow hand clapping of Brian.

 

“Impressive.  But that’s not nice, not sharing your plans with your best friend.  And she didn’t, did she Michael?”

 

“No!  I had no idea Brian I swear!”

 

Brian puts Michael’s phone on the table.  “So it was a lucky guess that she turns up here hmm?”

 

“Yes.”  He replies, hesitantly.

 

“Michael, I saw you look in the window and then make a call before you came in...and I have your phone so let’s see…”

 

We all hear the phone ringing.  “You not going to get that Lindsay?”

 

“She called me earlier to ask where you were and I said I had no idea…”

 

“And look we have a text message ‘made it to the airport, call me when you find Brian’.  And still you knew nothing right Mikey?”

 

He throws his phone at him and after a bit of juggling he manages to catch it.  “And Lindsay thank you for making this easy for me.  I shall be petitioning for full physical custody of Gus as of Monday…”

 

“What?!”  She snaps.  “You can’t do that!”

 

“Watch me.”  He growls back at her.  “Come on Justin, Sonny Boy let’s go home.”

 

“What about me?”  Lindsay demands.  “I need somewhere to stay.”

 

“I’m sure your best friend can help you out.”

 

The rest of them follow them out but Ben pauses.  “You two are truly heinous and pathetic.”

 

OUTSIDE THE DINER

 

BRIAN

 

“Dad, are you really going to do that?”  I smile and nod and pull him into a hug.

 

“So what do you want to do today?  Go to Slick’s or go home?”

 

“Slick’s and then can I stay with momma for the night?”

 

“I’ll take them since I’m going that way anyway.”  Slick saunters up with a smile on her face.

 

“Where’d you go you missed all the fun?”  I drawl sarcastically

 

“Oh no I didn’t.”  She sighs.  “You two.”  She points at Mel and me.  “A word…”

 

DINER

 

DEBS

 

“Just when I think you two couldn’t hurt him anymore you go and surprise me!”

 

“Debs!  This is nothing to do…”

 

“He’s Brian’s son and therefore my grandson!”  I cut her off sharply.

 

“So Lindsay are you moving back for good then?”  Slick has joined the party, this is not good.

 

“As a matter of fact I am.”  She replies, snottily.

 

“Good.”  She just shakes her head at her.  “Hey Josh, me again, accept the offer, the tenant has just given me notice.”

 

“What have you just done?”  Lindsay asks warily.

 

“Sold the house.  Now all we have to do is get it cleared out.”  She heads to the door before turning back.  “And guess what Mel and Brian have a head start on you.  See ya.”

 

Lindsay scoffs.  “No you haven’t.  Nobody could get a house sold that quickly.  Nice try Slick but I call bullshit!”

 

MEL & JENNY’S HOUSE – LATE EVENING

 

MEL

 

It took almost seven hours but we’re back.  We flew to Toronto boxed up everything that Jenny, Gus and I wanted and left everything else and then sent the truck on and flew back.  Slick had arranged the movers to be there to close the house down.  Ben and Hunter sorted out the storage this side and finally we are moved back to Pittsburgh.

 

We are all exhausted and Brian barely said a word the entire time as it sunk in. Justin pretty much kept everyone away from him.

 

Debs had come to ours and was waiting with Ems and Carl with some food.

 

“Shower and bed that’s all I want to do.”  I groan.

 

“You guys have to eat.”  Debs orders.  “Including you Brian, come on kiddo eat something.”

 

We eat in silence.

 

BRITIN – AN HOUR LATER

 

LOUNGE

 

JUSTIN

 

I don’t know what to do.  It’s like that time when I caught him naked; he’s shutting down on me.

 

I pour him a glass of beam and wait for him to take a sip.  “Talk to me.  Brian, talk to me.  I’ll just listen.”  Silence.   “Just let the walls down and fucking talk to me!”

 

He turns to me and snarls.  “What do you want me to say?  That it hurts like fuck!”

 

“If that’s what it feels like then yes!”  I shout back.

 

“It hurts like fuck!  You happy?!  It hurts so f-fucking much!  I can’t, I just can’t…”  I pull him into my arms and he buries his head in my neck and sobs.  “It hurts.  It hurts so much.”

 

“I know, I know, I’m sorry, I’m so sorry.”  I sob and hold him tighter.

 

SUNDAY – LATE MORNING

 

MASTER BEDROOM

 

I had called Mel earlier and asked if she could keep Gus until Monday night. She understood and was happy to do so.  Michael and Lindsay had been calling all night and most of this morning so in the end I switched off his phone and turned off the landline.

 

I called Debs to let everyone know to call me if there was anything urgent.  Sometimes you can use someone’s hatred of you to your advantage. They don’t have my number.

 

He’s still sleeping and it must have been needed as he didn’t feel me get up.  I pad downstairs to make some coffee and by the time I get back to the bedroom, he’s awake and making his way from the bathroom.

 

“Why didn’t you wake me?”

 

“You needed the sleep.  Here.” I hand him the coffee and he takes half of it down like its ambrosia.

 

“Come here.”   I snuggle into his side.  “I don’t know what I would’ve done without you yesterday, you and…”

 

“Slick.”

 

“Yeah Slick.  She always comes through, just sees what you need and gets it done.”

 

“You know what you need?”

 

“To call my lawyer and…”

 

“Yes.  But not right now.  Right now you need to have a Get Anything and Be Silly Day.”

 

“What are you talking about?”

 

“You told me.”  I sit astride him.  “That as a kid you always wanted a puppy so call Gus and talk about getting a puppy, which covers the anything.  I’ll handle the silly.  Now come on get up and call Gus!”

 

He stops me from rising.  “Justin be serious, we can’t get a puppy!  We’re not here during the day. It wouldn’t be fair on it to be alone.”

 

“I’ll be here painting most of the time and when I’m not I can take it to Slick’s whilst I work on Oliver.  And you know how much she loves dogs.”

 

“But…come on, seriously?”  He protests and I kiss him and keep kissing him until he takes my phone.  Sighing he dials the number.  “Gus, wanna get a puppy?”  Judging by the yelling, it’s a yes.

 

For the next 2 hours he, Mel, Jenny and Gus are FaceTiming trying to agree on a puppy until finally they settle on a 10 week old Kai Ken Haru. We get him next weekend.

 

“You are on clean up duty and he stays out of the bedroom!”  He orders flouncing dramatically out of the study before stopping abruptly.

 

“So, where’s my silly part of the day?”

 

I grin at him and tug him into the kitchen.  “What the fuck have you done?”  He gasps.

 

“Now don’t queen out.  Just stay that end of the table.”

 

He looks warily at me as I head to the other end and pick up a spoon and load it with jelly and custard.

 

“Justin.”  He warns.  “You wouldn’t dare.”

 

“Oh yeah.  I would.”

 

Thirty minutes later the kitchen is a mess but he’s laughing.  “Justin!  This place needs cleaning up and so do we!”

 

“Truce?”  I ask warily.

 

“Uh huh.”  I trip over the sheets I laid down but finally make it to him only to have him shove more custard down the back of my neck.  “Brian!”  I yelp and grab his side to stop myself from falling and he giggles.

 

“I thought you told me everything about yourself?”  I demand and dig my fingers in and he squeals.

 

“Truce!”

 

“Oh no, not falling for that again!”  I tickle him to the floor and five minutes later he’s begging and pleading for me to stop.

 

“Stop!  Justin please stop!  I’m going to puke if you don’t stop!  Please!”

 

“Definite truce?”  I demand.

 

“Definite truce, I promise.”  I drop onto his chest before sliding up to kiss him.  “We really need to clean up.  The sheets were a good idea.”

 

“You hungry?”  He nods.  “Good, I’ve done a pot roast.”

 

It takes us 20 minutes to clean up and then head to the shower in the mud room.

 

“You had everything prepared.”  He smiles at me putting on the sweats and we head back to the kitchen to eat.

 

“That was really good.”  He raises his glass to me.  “But I need to speak to my lawyer.”  He says quietly and I nod.

 

“Why not go and do it now, whilst you think about it.  At least it’s done then.”

 

“An hour tops.”  He sighs and kisses the top of my head before heading to his study, then he calls over his shoulder.  “You coming?”

 

MICHAEL’S APARTMENT

 

LINDSAY

 

“You don’t really think she’s sold the house do you?”  Michael asks.

 

“Of course not.”  I return to filing my nails.  “I still can’t believe Brian hasn’t returned our calls though.  As per usual, he’s being a drama queen.  He owes me after all I’ve brought his son back.  And as his mother, I get to live where he does.  So that means Britin and once there, things will revert back to normal.”

 

The door knocking surprises us both.  “Expecting anyone?”  I ask.

 

“No.  Must be Brian, he always turns up places unannounced.”  Michael calls back.  “Oh it’s you.”

 

Slick wanders in.  “Ah Lindsay, here you go.  Have a safe flight.”  She hands me an envelope and walks out again.

 

“Have a safe flight?  What the fuck is she talking about?”  Michael asks.

 

“Oh my God, she has sold the house and I have three days to collect my stuff!”

 

BRITIN

 

MASTER BATHROOM

 

JUSTIN

 

“Sit down.”  I order him gently.  “My turn to set the bath.”

 

“Okay I’ll just sit here and admire the view.”  He murmurs and soon we sinking into the silky bubbly water.  “The bubbles are a nice touch.”

 

MASTER BEDROOM

 

BRIAN

 

Even though Saturday was for shit.  I’m okay.  Justin got me through it just by being here and today was great fun.  And what was needed.  Still can’t believe he talked me into getting a puppy!

 

Since he did the bath I’m on beverages, so tonight it's hot chocolate.  He’s going to stay here tomorrow and Tuesday to concentrate on the GLC pieces and I have something I need to talk to him about.

 

He arches an eyebrow.  “Two mugs of chocolate?”  I shrug and pat the space between my legs and he settles down.

 

“Justin, I need to talk to you about the loft.”

 

“What about it?”  I can feel him tense up. It’s a bone of contention that we don’t stay there together especially as it’s so close to Kinnetic and Slick’s.

 

“I want to redecorate it.”

 

“Fine.”

 

“And I want you to help me.  I can’t have you or Gus stay there with its history.  The loft below it has come free and I’ve got first refusal, so if I get that we can join them together, which gives us more room for Gus.  And…”

 

“That’s the second time you’ve done that this weekend.”  He turns round to face me and I frown.  “You said ‘we’ about the puppy and ‘us’ about the loft.”

 

“And that’s a problem?”

 

“No, not at all.”  He takes my mug off me and kisses me softly.  “Not at all.  Now come here.”

 

His tongue is tracing every part of my mouth and it feels so good.  Lying him on his back I kiss and nip at his neck whilst he does that thing with his fingers along my spine.  I have to stop him or I will come so I roll us over.  He pushes the hair out of my eyes.

 

“You really are beautiful.”  He murmurs.

 

“I’ve been told that.”  I smirk at him.

 

“I mean on the inside too.”

 

I smile and turn my head so he has access to my neck.

 

“Brian.  What do you want me to do?”  He whispers hotly.

 

“Touch me like you want me to touch you.”

 

Softly he kisses down my neck before moving along my collarbone to the other side, his mouth is so soft and gentle and when he licks my nipple, I gasp.  He’s done that before but it feels different somehow. He alternates between licking, nipping and sucking before kissing a trail to the other one and lavishing it with the same attention.    

 

“Unnh!  Just…Justin.”  I whimper and I feel him smile.  “Twat.”

 

“Shush.  Touching in progress.”  He mutters and kisses and licks down my stomach.

 

“Oh Christ!”  I gasp as he nips at the sensitive skin on my right hip, my cock twitches in anticipation only for him to avoid it completely and nips my left hip.

 

“Justin!”  I pout and he giggles.  “Less teasing and more cocking.”  I grin despite my horniness.

 

“Jeez so impatient!”  He grumbles before licking my inner thigh.

 

“Just…oh!”  I buck as he starts to suck on one ball and gently stroke the other.  “Oh, ah, mmm!”

 

I spread my legs to give him more room and when I feel his tongue on my perineum and then my hole; I almost come off the bed.

 

“Justin, oh God, Justin, s-s-suck on your fingers.”  He does so looking a bit confused.  “Mid…middle finger” I pant.  Push gently.”

 

Slowly I feel his finger go inside me and he takes my hand and starts to thrust in and out.

 

“Mmm.  Good.  Like that.”  I groan and pant.  “Add another one.”  I beg and my eyes start to flutter close and by the third finger my cock is leaking and then he hits it.

 

“Oh fuck!”  I cry.  “Yes right there!  Oh!  Uh!  Ah!”  He lowers his head and swipes the pre-come off my cock and then swallows me down whole, it feel so good.  But I want more.

 

“Justin!”  I almost have to scream.  “Justin stop!  Please!  I don’t want to come like this!”

 

He lifts his head and stills his hand; I take deep breaths and will my body to calm down.  I scramble for a condom and hand it to him and then watch the blush creep up his neck.

 

“Pull out gently and I’ll do it.”  I groan at the loss of his touch then we sit up.  “Nice boner.”  I tease him and slowly slide the condom down his shaft.

 

I lie back and slowly he inches forward and I can feel his head against my entrance and his hand on my abdomen making gentle circles.

 

“Breathe just breathe.”  He coos softly and pushes in.

 

“Oh that hurts.  Oh that hurts.”  I mutter but bear down and he glides all the way in.

 

“Wow.”  He groans and stills.  “You feel so hot and...oh God.”

 

“Oh fuck.”  I raise my hips pulling him deeper inside me.  “Move, Justin, please move.”

 

“I’m not going to last.”  He pants and trembles

 

“I don’t care just move.”  I groan and grab his ass

 

He starts to thrust and he hits it immediately.  “Holy fuckety fuck of fuck!”  I scream, explode and clench hard.

 

“Brian!  Brian!  I oh God I…aaaah!”

 

It takes a good five minutes for us to both come down.  “Brian you okay?”

 

“Uh huh.  And like you said before, we have got to do that again.”