Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

CHAPTER 21: DANCE

 

 

 

RED CAPE COMICS - THURSDAY LATE MORNING

 

 

 

MICHAEL

 

 

 

I sigh heavily.  The place is so quiet.  I look around and wonder why. Okay so it could do with a bit of refurbishing and bringing into the 21st century with computers and stuff but I like the old world charm of it.  It's just like Buzzy had it before he sold it to me; it reminds me of my childhood.

 

 

 

The door opening brings in Hunter and I grimace.  "Your post."  He drops it on the counter and heads back out without another word.

 

 

 

DINER

 

 

 

LUCY

 

 

 

Oh my, this place is something else!  I've heard of Liberty Avenue but never had a reason to come here but now Robin has finally come out...like nobody could tell...here we are.  Lindon has come for moral support too, they are so close.

 

 

 

"Excuse me, I'm looking for..."

 

 

 

"You Lucy?"  A redheaded lady beams at me.  I nod.  "I'm Debs.  See that back booth, sit yourselves in there and I'll be right with you."

 

 

 

"But there's some..."

 

 

 

"Yeah that's Blake, he's expecting you."

 

 

 

We make our way to the back and Blake gets up and smiles.  "Lucy correct?  So who are these two gentlemen?"

 

 

 

"This is Robin my cousin and my brother Lindon, nice to meet you."

 

 

 

"Likewise.  Oh wait, guys back here!"  He calls out.

 

 

 

Soon we are joined by three other people, I recognise Justin immediately.  "Justin?  I'm Lucy, I just want you to know that I never knew about you and if I had I wouldn't have..."

 

 

 

"It's okay.  He's a very good liar.  Nice to meet you.  This is Emmett, a very good friend and this is Brian."

 

 

 

I turn to Brian and can't help the gasp or the look of disappointment on my face.  "He gets that a lot."  Justin chuckles as I blush.

 

 

 

"Hi I'm Robin and this is Lindon."  Robin introduces himself and for 30 minutes we talk about Robin, Liberty Avenue and what's going to happen on Saturday.  I'm jealous as I love to dance but I'm going to be away this weekend.

 

 

 

"Next time you can come with us."  Emmett grins at me when he sees my look of disappointment.  "Now put your digits in here so that I can let you know when that is.  In fact all of us start swapping."

 

 

 

Robin has never looked so relaxed and I know he's in safe hands.

 

 

 

"Um hi guys."  A tall good, looking man stands somewhat nervously by the booth.

 

 

 

They all smile at him, before Emmett moves over.  "Ben, come sit, how was your birthday?  Sorry Ben this is..."

 

 

 

Another 20 giggling minutes pass and then we are joined by a pretty lady holding a paper bag.

 

 

 

"So who's who, I'm Slick.  And what did I miss?"  She puts the bag on the table and takes off her jacket with a relieved breath and rolls her neck.  I look at Lindon and he looks a little disappointed.

 

 

 

"Okay.  Have we all been introduced?"  Debs asks.  "Now what are we eating?"

 

 

 

We place our orders and Slick rustles in the bag and pops something in her mouth.  "Debs can we have a bowl please.  Guys dig in they're great.  Remind me to get some on the way back yeah?"

 

 

 

Justin peers in the bag and grins before pulling out a big fat cherry and popping it in his mouth and nods.  Soon almost half the bag is gone.

 

 

 

"So Lindon, Robin," Emmett grins at them.  "There's a certain dress code for Babylon, the more flamboyant the better in my opinion. There's no point going to shake your groove thang in anything less than full on disco!  So before you leave we three are going to Torso.  Ah-ah not up for discussion."

 

 

 

"Justin are you okay?"  Ben asks as Justin is making the oddest of faces.

 

 

 

"Justin?"  Brian's voice rises in alarm but Justin waves him off before suddenly smiling and pulling out a cherry stem.

 

 

 

"You tied a knot in it?"  Slick looks awed.  "That's one dexterous tongue you have there.  You should give lessons"

 

 

 

Brian clears his throat.  "No.  He should not! That tongue is all mine."  He smirks at Justin who grins back.

 

 

 

Emmett throws back his head and cackles.

 

 

 

DINER - FRIDAY MORNING

 

 

 

MICHAEL

 

 

 

I finally called Brian and we're back to normal now.  So we're meeting at the diner for a late breakfast as he has today off. I'm hoping I can tag along to whatever he's going to be doing.

 

 

 

"Morning mother."  I ignore the roll of her eyes.  "A coffee when you're ready."

 

 

 

I'm still pissed that she hung Brian's phone up on me at the weekend and has still not apologised for it.  I settle in our usual booth and wait for Brian. He sweeps in kissing mother on the cheek before joining me.

 

 

 

"How are you today?"  He asks sitting opposite me and putting a paper bag on the table.

 

 

 

"Fine.  You?  What are you up to today?"  I peer at the bag.  "What's in there?"

 

 

 

"Cherries."

 

 

 

"Oh good I love cherries."  I reach for it and am surprised when he pulls it back slightly.

 

 

 

"No sorry Michael. I have to make sure they're all there. I have strict instructions."

 

 

 

"From who?"  I try reaching for the bag again but he puts it on the seat next to him and his eyes flash with annoyance.

 

 

 

"Emmett. He's making his cherry, caramelised hazelnut and dark chocolate ice cream for me and needs exactly 2 pounds of cherries."

 

 

 

"Fine I'll get my own and won't share with you."  I pout but he doesn't waver.  "So what are you up to today?"  I ask only slightly simmering.

 

 

 

"Going to pick up Gus and..."

 

 

 

"Gus?  Gus is coming here, why wasn't I told?"  I bridle.

 

 

 

"Because he's my son, not yours."  He replies with a frown.

 

 

 

"Of course, I just...never mind.  What are you doing with him today and can I come? The shop is really quiet and..."

 

 

 

"Sorry Michael you can't.  He's going to be working on the car at Slick's today and tomorrow and then we're..."

 

 

 

"Okay what can I get you?"  Mother interrupts.

 

 

 

"Bacon, eggs, hash browns and tomatoes.  And your usual Brian, I suppose?"  I reply.

 

 

 

"No I'll have scrambled eggs on whole wheat no butter and tomatoes please."  I gawk at him.

 

 

 

"Coming right up.  Thanks Brian."  She hurries off to place the order and I shake my head.

 

 

 

"Would it kill you to put on a please or a thank you?"  Brian grumbles.

 

 

 

"What's the matter with you?"  I ask in surprise.

 

 

 

"She's your mom. Stop treating her the way you treat Kiki!"  He hisses.

 

 

 

I open my mouth and then close it again.  "So what are you and Gus doing Saturday night?"

 

 

 

"Nothing he's staying with Debs and I'm hitting Babylon with..."

 

 

 

I can't hold back the snort or the grin.  "Great!  I can meet you there what time?"

 

 

 

"The usual about ten and..."  We're interrupted by his phone beeping.  "Oh shit, I thought he said 1130 not 1100, look I've got to go, Debs can I cancel my order, I've got to drop these off at Emmy Lou's and then pick up Gus."

 

 

 

"Sure thing honey!  See you Sunday!"   She calls out.

 

 

 

I wait for her to come with my order and clear my throat but before I can speak she holds up her hand.

 

 

 

"So are you and Jenny and you and Ben speaking yet?"  I glower at her.  "Shouldn't those be your priorities instead of trailing around after Brian trying to suck and fuck all night?"

 

 

 

I stare blankly at her until she shakes her head and walks away.  I pick up my phone.

 

 

 

"Lindsay it's me. I didn't know that Gus was coming this weekend.  Where's Jenny?  Oh a spa weekend for Mel's birthday so he gets a weekend with the boys.  No, we're going out to Babylon tomorrow night; the Stud is on the prowl! I'll let you have all the gory details..."

 

 

 

Out of the corner of my eye, I see the look of disapproval from Kiki but I just glower back and carrying on talking to Lindsay.

 

 

 

SLICK'S CAR EMPORIUM

 

 

 

GUS

 

 

 

Okay, its official dad's in... well I think ‘deep like' with Justin and I'm so happy.  The way they goof around each other is great.  We've been working on our separate projects since I got here; it will be the same tomorrow.  Then at grandma's on Saturday night and then all day at Britin on Sunday.  But tonight I'm staying at Uncle Ben's with Hunter.

 

 

 

"Okay Gus, that's enough work for today. You can work on it tomorrow."  Slick comes in and starts to switch off the machinery.  "We're losing the light."

 

 

 

"Why do you say that?"  I ask and she frowns.  "Losing the light when it comes to spraying panel why do you say that?"

 

 

 

"Because..." Dad injects.  "When do you to the majority of your driving?  During the day right?  So when you are doing a spray job like this, it has to look- what's the word again...?"

 

 

 

"Fierce.  If we did the phantom under artificial lighting, for example, the iridescence wouldn't be right and then we'd over paint leading to a flat finish."  Justin grins as Slick bows down theatrically.

 

 

 

"You are learning well grasshopper.  Now hop out of here; I need to lock up."

 

 

 

"Come on you two, I need to get to Emmy Lou's and drop you round Ben's."  Dad orders.

 

 

 

BRITIN

 

 

 

MASTER BEDROOM

 

 

 

BRIAN

 

 

 

Justin worked hard all day and now he's been napping for the last hour. The shower was the end for him.  I look at him lying on his stomach with his head under the pillow. How does he sleep like that and not suffocate I think and then smile.

 

 

 

Walking to the bed, I call him softly and he doesn't react.  Good.  Slowly but surely I slide the sheet off his body and reveal my new favourite place.  I stir the barely warmed ice cream and straddle him.  He still doesn't move.

 

 

 

Taking a spoonful, I pause before allowing it to drop into the middle of his back.

 

 

 

"What the..."  He yelps and tries to turn over, but I sit on his legs and push him back down.

 

 

 

"You seem to have something on your back, let me get that for you..."

 

 

 

JUSTIN

 

 

 

I gasped as whatever he dropped on me jolted me awake and now Brian is making slurping and crunching noises before licking my back and it feels wonderful.

 

 

 

His tongue is so hot and I start to grind against the sheets.

 

 

 

"Want some?"  He murmurs.  I almost scream as he drops another lot lower down.

 

 

 

"Yes but in my mouth not on my back... what is that? It's running down my si..."

 

 

 

I stop speaking as he sucks and licks my side and I clutch the pillow and groan.

 

 

 

"And the other side."  I prompt.  "Oh God where did...ah!"  I squeal as he nips my hip.

 

 

 

"You know you have dimples above your perfect bubble butt?"

 

 

 

Even though I can't see what he's going to do I know and sure enough he swirls the spoon in there and the heat of his tongue follows.  Now he's moved down I can at last raise up onto my elbows and get a better look.

 

 

 

He's studying my butt with a bowl of something in his hand.  "What is that?"  I prompt him again.  

 

 

 

"I thought you said you're smart."  He grins at me before swirling the spoon vigorously.

 

 

 

"Brian?  Brian no you can't be...aaaah!"  This time I do scream as he pours some of the contents down my crack and quickly pulls apart my cheeks to allow its progress.

 

 

 

"Now, excuse me I have to clean up a very dirty boy."

 

 

 

I whimper as he lowers his head and the feel of his tongue from my spine to my balls has my eyes rolling back.  I'm panting and gripping the sheets.  He suckles each ball gently causing me to beg to any deity in the universe as long as he doesn't stop!  When he ghosts his breath over my cock, I promise him anything!

 

 

 

He laughs gently.  "Of course I'm not going to stop. I'm having too much fun."  He tells me before sliding his tongue into my pucker and as he works he gently kneads and squeezes my ass.

 

 

 

"Brian!  Oh God!  I'm...oh...oh...aaaaahaaahhaaa!"

 

 

 

My hips slam into the bed and I grip the sheet so hard I think my hand might lock up. As if sensing it, he immediately entwines our fingers but does wince when I squeeze a little too hard.

 

 

 

"Cherry, caramelised hazelnut and dark chocolate ice cream."  He whispers. I look at him dazedly.  "That's what it is."  He kisses me softly.

 

 

 

"Is there any left?"  I mumble.  

 

 

 

He pulls me tight to him, telling me between kisses, "In the bowl? No. On you? No. But in the freezer, definitely."

 

 

 

"Good because as soon as I have the energy, it's payback time."

 

 

 

BABYLON - SATURDAY NIGHT

 

 

 

BRIAN

 

 

 

The place is packed and I'm waiting for Michael, who is running late.  The rest of the guys and Daph are upstairs in the booth.

 

 

 

"Brian!  There you are!  I've been walking around looking for you.  So have you seen any...?"

 

 

 

"Come on, the guys are upstairs!"  I yell at him

 

 

 

As we get to the booth he freezes on seeing Ben.  "What's he doing here?"

 

 

 

Emmy Lou looks up angrily.  "You may not be friends with Ben for now, but we are. Now either be civil or leave."

 

 

 

He looks at me.  "Emmy Lou's right. Ben's our friend too and we're not taking sides, now come on let's dance."

 

 

 

I drag him downstairs but can feel the anger radiating off him in waves and after about 10 minutes I give up and go back upstairs. His pouting is annoying.

 

 

 

MICHAEL

 

 

 

Justin comes back from wherever he was, grinning.

 

 

 

"Enjoy the backroom, did you?"  I snipe smugly and watch as Brian tenses up.

 

 

 

"Yeah!"  He kisses him tenderly and he relaxes.  "Daph wanted to see so we snuck in around the back. She's still trying to cool down!"  

 

 

 

"Back room?"  Robin asks curiously.

 

 

 

"Oh no you sit.  You're not ready for that!"  Ben teases him and Robin smiles at him shyly.

 

 

 

"Ohmygod!"  Daphne grins as she joins us again.  "So hot in there!  There's this guy called Brandon. He's like a machine and..."  She stops talking and looks coldly at me.  "Mitchell, isn't it?"

 

 

 

"Michael."  I correct hotly.  "I'm..."

 

 

 

"Slick you made it!"   She cries out.  "Ooh girl I've been in the..."

 

 

 

"Voice down Daph."  Brian smiles at her.

 

 

 

"It's an eye opener, isn't it?"  Slick chuckles before she notices me and her face falls.

 

 

 

"Come on Daph, let's dance!"  Justin shouts and drags her off.

 

 

 

Before I can sit down next to Brian, another guy sits next to him.

 

 

 

"And you are?"  I ask pointedly.

 

 

 

He looks me up and down.  "Not interested."

 

 

 

Emmett snorts into his Cosmo and I stomp off to the bar.

 

 

 

BRIAN

 

 

 

"You know I've never seen a grown man stomp off like a child throwing a tantrum before...someone should tell him that's not a good look."  Lindon guffaws.

 

 

 

"So Robin, want to dance?"  Ben asks him and he nods eagerly.

 

 

 

I look across at Slick and she just winks and nods and then heads to the bar herself.  Emmy Lou and I watch as Lindon's eyes follow her but look wistful.

 

 

 

"Lindon?"  He turns to me.  "She's straight and single.  Just because she details cars, doesn't mean she doesn't like cock."

 

 

 

His face lights up and he almost runs after her.  Emmy Lou and I hi-five each other.

 

 

 

The rest of the evening is spent dancing, drinking and making out with Justin.  Michael did lighten up a bit but not by much, he alternated between glowering at Ben, Robin, Daph and Slick.

 

 

 

"Come on guys let's go home."  I look at my watch.  "It's three in morning and we're already passed curfew."

 

 

 

We head downstairs with me virtually carrying Justin as he almost trips over his feet.

 

 

 

"A cab is going to be a nightmare to get."  Ben grumbles.

 

 

 

"All sorted."  Slick grins slightly drunkenly.

 

 

 

"You are not fucking driving!"  I tell her.

 

 

 

"Nope.  Idaho is here!"  She points at the stretch as it pulls up beside us.

 

 

 

"Honey when did you organise this?"  Emmy Lou kisses him softly before getting in the car.

 

 

 

"I didn't."  Slick yawns hugely.  "Saw lights on when I was coming here and he was still working.  He offered, besides this way he gets to mack this out."

 

 

 

"Can you speak English?"  Michael bites out folding his arms.

 

 

 

"Yes I can."  She replies and starts to check her phone.

 

 

 

I can feel Justin shaking with laughter as he buries his face into my shoulder and I daren't look at Emmy Lou.

 

 

 

"So where we dropping everyone?"  Idaho calls out.

 

 

 

Robin and Lindon give the Liberty Avenue Hotel, which isn't far.  As Lindon gets out he winks at Slick, she winks back.  Again I don't look at Emmy Lou.

 

 

 

Ben is next to be dropped off.  "Okay so we'll see you to...uh later.  Come on Daphne."  He helps a very sleepy Daph out of the car and ends up carrying her up the street to his house.  Michael's expression is incredulous.

 

 

 

"What is he, straight now?"  He demands.

 

 

 

"Oh haul your bitch back."  Slick snaps.  "It's just easier!"

 

 

 

"Easier?"  He echoes.

 

 

 

"Who's next?"  Idaho calls out.

 

 

 

"That would be Michael. Where are you being dropped off? Red Cape?"  Emmy's tone is colder than Siberia.

 

 

 

"Yes. Why is it easier for her to stay with him, Brian?"

 

 

 

He demands folding his arms so tightly I think he might cut off his circulation.  I take the blanket from Slick with a smile, and put it over Justin who has gone to sleep with his head in my lap.

 

 

 

I'm getting just a bit sick of his tone these days.  "So when she comes to Slick's later she doesn't have to come all the way across town."

 

 

 

"Oh I see."  He visibly relaxes and yawns.  "That was a great night, bit tiring..."

 

 

 

"All that sulking must have been so exhausting..."  Slick interjects.

 

 

 

"Oh what time is Gus getting there?"  Emmy asks before Michael could reply.  "He wants to take some of the ice cream home and I said I would show him how to make it from scratch."

 

 

 

"Ah, I think about 11:00.  Yeah that's when Debs and Carl are bringing him around.  I'm looking forward to it, never actually had a proper dinner party there before..."

 

 

 

Suddenly Justin bolts awake.  "We need to get the pork ribs and the prawns before we go back there."

 

 

 

"Okay go back to sleep."  I tell him and then bite my lip as he snuggles into my lap.

 

 

 

"You're having a dinner party at your loft? This I have to see."  Michael smirks.

 

 

 

My hackles go right back up especially after his backroom comment earlier.  He knew that I would react but happily Justin tasted and smelt just of Justin.

 

 

 

"Not my loft, Britin.  Justin and Gus want to..."

 

 

 

"He and Gus!"  Michael bellows almost causing Idaho to slam on the brakes but waking Justin up, who looks round panicked.

 

 

 

"Jesus Michael what's wrong with you?"  I pull Justin into my arms, he's trembling.  "What the hell are you shouting for?"

 

 

 

"What am I...are-are you're telling that he's been to Britin?!  And..."

 

 

 

"Well of course he's been to Britin! Where do you think we sleep for crying out loud?!"

 

 

 

"Sleep?"  He looks horrified.  "And what about Gus? Don't you think that his first time at Britin should be on his own with his dad and not his..."

 

 

 

"What are you talking about?  Where do you think Gus stays when he's with me?"

 

 

 

"The Loft?"

 

 

 

"Don't be so fucking stupid. I would never let Gus stay there or Justin, for that matter. There's too much history!"  I snarl.  "And before you ask, no you can't come around on Sunday. It's up to me when you come around, not you.  Goodnight Michael."

 

 

 

Slick kicks open the door.  "Need help?  Please say you need help?"

 

 

 

Michael almost spits out.  "No I don't need help.  And especially not from you!"

 

 

 

"Oh but I think you do Michael, you really do!"  Emmy Lou calls out as we drive away.