Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

CHAPTER 18: SOOTHE

 

 

 

MICHAEL

 

 

 

I watch Ben stalk out and snicker at the guys.  "God such dramatic flouncing over a simple misunderstanding..."

 

 

 

"Did you just hear what Ben said?"  Blake looks astounded.  "I don't think his see you later is a good thing for you."

 

 

 

"Blake, save your sage counselling for someone who needs it."  I caution.  "Knowing Ben the way I do, he's just having a queen out moment.  Right now though, I'm going to take Brian's advice and get something to eat.  Kiki!"

 

 

 

"You bellowed?"  She remarks coolly.  "More coffee?"

 

 

 

"No. I would like to order now that the Slick and Cujo show is over."

 

 

 

"Kitchen's still closed, which is why people always order more than one portion.  Now more coffee or can I serve people that actually pay for their meals?"

 

 

 

Without waiting for my answer she walks away.  I glare at her retreating back and then turn to face the accusing eyes of the rest of the guys.

 

 

 

"You don't pay for your food?"  Emmett gawps at me.

 

 

 

"I do, just not always at the time I order it... Besides, mother doesn't mind." I defend myself.

 

 

 

"Your mind boggles me...no wonder Brian leaves such big tips when he eats with us."  Emmett sighs.  "I'm done.  Toodles y'all."

 

 

 

"Well since I'm not being fed here, I might as well go too."  I stand and put on my coat.  "What you guys up to tomorrow?"

 

 

 

"Going back to New York for us... no work just play.  So looking forward to it.  But right now it's work.  See you later honey, guys."  Ted scurries out.

 

 

 

"It must be nice Blake to have someone in your life who can treat you to these little fripperies. Look how far you've come since the first time we met you."

 

 

 

"Yes Michael, I've accepted what I've done, made amends, moved on and grown up.  Something you should try."  Blake snaps and stalks out.

 

 

 

When I turn back to say something the booth is empty.

 

 

 

JENNIFER'S HOME

 

 

 

JENNIFER

 

 

 

After dropping Lucy off; Daphne, Molly and I decided to pick up pizza and we are all howling with laughter at the screams we managed to slap and stamp out of Craig.

 

 

 

"What do you think he will do?"  Molly asks worriedly.  "He won't try and find Jester will he?"

 

 

 

"Oh no honey, don't worry about that.  Even if he did, I get the feeling that Justin is more protected than POTUS where he is."

 

 

 

"So tell me about everyone who's coming tomorrow, especially Brian!"  Molly bounces excitedly and Daphne swoons.

 

 

 

"Well first there's Debbie..."

 

 

 

SLICK'S EMPORIUM - EARLY EVENING

 

 

 

JUSTIN'S APARTMENT - LOUNGE

 

 

 

CUJO

 

 

 

"Hold on Sunshine, I know it hurts but hold on."  I massage Justin's shoulder.  "Mac, how far away is he?"

 

 

 

"I'm here, so show me what to do."

 

 

 

Justin's hand cramped up and we promised Brian the next time it happened we would call him right away so that he would know what to do.  Justin's face is buried in cushions and he's whimpering.

 

 

 

"Okay, so the first thing you do is..."

 

 

 

Ten minutes later the cramp has eased and he's dozing on the sofa.  Brian covers him with a blanket and indicates we should follow him.

 

 

 

OFFICE

 

 

 

BRIAN

 

 

 

"So what brought it on?"  I look accusingly at the three of them but then soften my stare at the return devil glare from Slick.

 

 

 

"Went back to St Peter's and worked there for the rest of the afternoon but got cold, apparently cold makes him cramp up."  She replies tersely.  "And don't you ever..."

 

 

 

"Whoa I know, sorry Slick, I'm sorry but it's the first time I've seen it.  Sorry okay?"

 

 

 

She softens her glare and reaches for Beam.  Mac and Cujo shake their heads and then it's just the two of us.

 

 

 

"Do you think he should do the show?"  I ask quietly sipping and sighing heavily.

 

 

 

"Do you think he would be happier if he didn't?  And yes I know it freaked you but he's managed with it since the bashing. Don't get caveman on him when it happens or he'll stop telling you when he's in pain, which would be worse because it will take longer to ease it."

 

 

 

"I'm going back up.  How the hell do you do it Slick?" She smirks but looks confused.  "Be so perceptive of people?"

 

 

 

"Psych major."  She replies and I laugh.  "No really, I'm a psych major.  Now scoot!"

 

 

 

BEN & MICHAEL'S HOUSE - SAME TIME

 

 

 

LOUNGE

 

 

 

BEN

 

 

 

I hear the door opening and Michael comes in wreathed in smiles.  

 

 

 

"Guess what?  I've booked us a weekend in New York tomorrow!  As a birthday surprise.  So surprise!"

 

 

 

"You've done what?"  I stare coldly at him.

 

 

 

"Booked a weekend in New York for us.  I used Brian as a ruse to..."

 

 

 

"No you didn't."  I cut him off.  "You booked the flights and hotel 2 hours ago."

 

 

 

"How did..."

 

 

 

"We have a joint account, as opposed to a relationship, so when you started to spend they called me to make sure all was in order. They should've called you too."

 

 

 

"They did but I reassured..."  He objects.

 

 

 

"Ahh the bank gets reassured. Brian gets reassured. Everyone gets reassured but me..."

 

 

 

"Oh not this again!  And as for your behaviour in the diner..."  He bridles.

 

 

 

"Which was a direct result of your behaviour.  And you have the temerity to accuse me of lying to you.  You are something else!" He stares at me frowning.  "Temerity means foolhardiness or excessive rashness or, to put it words you will understand, fucking nerve!"

 

 

 

"Now just a minute, I will not be condensed to!"

 

 

 

"Condescended you moron."  Hunter snickers from the sofa and judging by the crimson staining Michael's face he hadn't realised he was there.

 

 

 

"Hunter go to your room, this is a private conversation between..."

 

 

 

"Nope.  I wanna watch."

 

 

 

"Go to your room or find somewhere else to live until your attitude adjusts!"  He snaps.

 

 

 

"Funny you should suggest that.  Because that's exactly what I'm telling you.  You need to leave Michael, we need space.  I hope that those tickets aren't non-refundable.  I've packed all you will need for a few days and..."

 

 

 

"This is ridiculous! I'm not..."

 

 

 

"Yes, yes you are.  You see this is our house, as in mine and Hunter's. We pay the mortgage.  So you, like me in this relationship, were only the lodger.  So..."

 

 

 

I take him firmly by the elbow and propel him out of the lounge, pausing briefly to grab his duffel bag before depositing it AND him outside the front door.

 

 

 

BRITIN - SAME TIME

 

 

 

MAIN BATHROOM

 

 

 

JUSTIN

 

 

 

In here smells heavenly.  "Sit back down and no peeking."  I snort and try to crane my neck to see what he's doing.  "You do realise I can see you in the mirror right?"

 

 

 

Pouting I cross my arms and glower at his ass, his incredibly cute little ass.  "And stop checking out my ass!"  I grin and poke my tongue at him.

 

 

 

"Okay come test it, let me know if it's too hot."  I swish my hand in the water and it is the perfect temperature.  "What have you put in there?"

 

 

 

"None of your business...taps or chest?"

 

 

 

"Oh chest please!"

 

 

 

He quickly strips down and gets in and I settle between his legs.  "It's like being surrounded by liquid silk.  Be right back"

 

 

 

I slide under the water briefly and then sigh with pleasure as he works. He gives me a head massage, easing the tension of the last couple of hours.

 

 

 

"Can we swap places?"  I murmur.  

 

 

 

"Why?"  He asks.  

 

 

 

"You have got to know what that feels like."

 

 

 

We swap places and I start to massage his head.  "What do you use in your hair? It feels so soft."

 

 

 

"Yours is softer."  He murmurs.

 

 

 

"Is it?"  I continue to massage his head.  

 

 

 

He nods.  "And your hair smelt of soft almonds."

 

 

 

"Yeah.  I used some of the shower gel, it was a cold shower."  I shudder at the memory.

 

 

 

"Swap."  He then kisses and licks my neck causing me to wriggle.  "In 15 minutes, we honey scrub."

 

 

 

"That's a thing?"  I murmur.

 

 

 

"Oh yes a very good thing!"