Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

CHAPTER 17: TRUTH

 

 

 

BRITIN - MONDAY MORNING

 

 

 

MAIN BEDROOM

 

 

 

BRIAN

 

 

 

Seriously this is ridiculous!  We got home last night after show and tell and collapsed in bed and now his leg is resting on my cock but he's moving it up and down in his sleep.  I look down at him and realise that for someone who's supposed to be asleep he's got a small smile on his face and his eyelids are struggling to remain closed.

 

 

 

"Stop it.  I have a meeting I have to prep for."  I kiss the top of his head.  "Come on shower and I'll drop you off."

 

 

 

"Okay.  But just five more minutes?"  He looks hopefully through his lashes at me.  

 

 

 

I shake my head.  "No more minutes...up!"

 

 

 

"Yes you are!"  He chuckles unwinding himself from my body and sits up and shivers.  "Wow its cold in here!"

 

 

 

When I put my feet on the floor I pull them back in the bed.

 

 

 

"Fuck!  The heating seems to have packed up!"

 

 

 

Reaching across to the drawer, I manage to pull out socks and hand him a pair.  I pad across to the wardrobe and pull out some sweats.

 

 

 

"Here put these on.  Let's see what the fuck is going on."

 

 

 

The house feels like a block of ice and when we get to the boiler it's off and after half an hour of trying to light the pilot light we give up and huddle together for warmth.

 

 

 

"I do not need this today.  This is why I need staff."  I gripe.  "Shit the water's going to be cold too."

 

 

 

I start to pace to try and formulate a plan until I'm stopped in mid-stride by his amused expression.

 

 

 

"Queening?"  I ask.

 

 

 

"Just a bit.  Which is nearer Slick, office or The Loft?"  He looks thoughtful.

 

 

 

"Office definitely...and I have a change of clothes and a shower in there."

 

 

 

"You have a shower in your office?  Never mind back on the point...  So we go back there, you have a shower and then I can...ah doesn't solve the heating problem here though."  His shoulders slump slightly.

 

 

 

"Yeah no it doesn't.  Oh wait, Slick might know an engineer who can help. Let me call her."

 

 

 

Slick gives me a list of people, one who can be here in 30 minutes.  "Justin, would you be okay to stay here and let him in?"

 

 

 

He nods and then twists his lip.  "Slick might not be happy with me being here this morning, I don't want to take advantage of..."

 

 

 

"Trust me, if Slick thinks you're pulling a fast one she will let you know.  The only problem is you are going to be cold until he gets here.  Wait a second...Kinney, oh hi Slick..."

 

 

 

10 minutes later I'm on my way to the office and Slick is on her way here with the engineer.

 

 

 

SLICK

 

 

 

I love this place. When he first bought it I did think, jeez how many people are going to live here? But the way he's done it is lovely.

 

 

 

But fuck a duck! Its cold in here and poor Justin looks like a kid playing dress up in Brian's sweats but at least he's warm.

 

 

 

"Okay first things first, boiler thingy is in the garage and, you and me, need to go to the mud room."  I order Allen, the engineer, and Justin respectively.

 

 

 

I try not to smirk about how cute Justin looks and quickly find the wood pile.

 

 

 

"Ever lit a fire?"  I ask him and judging by that blank expression the answer is no.  "Fine follow what I do."

 

 

 

We head to the kitchen first.  And after about 20 minutes, the room is nice and warm. We put the guard up and go through the rest of the house.

 

 

 

We're working in companionable silence but I know he wants to ask that question.

 

 

 

"He was a cop. Used to beat her.  She left him and they swore he would never find us but he did. When she refused to come back, he shot her.  No I wasn't there nor did I find her.  Did go to the trial and looked him in the eye every day until they sent him down.  Does that cover them all?"

 

 

 

"Yeah, sorry."

 

 

 

"Don't be.  Just tell your mom and Daphne so I don't have to repeat it."

 

 

 

I hear Allen calling me to say everything's done and he'll see himself out.

 

 

 

"So this kerplunk yesterday am figuring since you're here it's all sorted and you're back to lovey-dovey-ness?"

 

 

 

He nods and grins and then his smile falters, and I sigh.  "Out with it."  I order. He tries to look innocent.  "Just ask how I know.  Because I'm not going to answer a question that you haven't asked when it concerns him."

 

 

 

"How do you know he's a big boy?"  He mumbles.

 

 

 

"Contrary to popular belief, just because I work cars that doesn't make me a dyke.  I appreciate a beautiful cock.  He asked me to look after he was given the all clear and I told him he looked great but..."

 

 

 

"Yeah, he does."  He whispers and then he winces.  "But he's..."

 

 

 

"Yes he is.  But he really cares about you and won't hurt you like that.  So when it's time, just go with it.  Effectively you're both virgins so teach each other.  And for the love of fuck, learn to talk to each other too. I won't always be there to pull your heads out your asses!"

 

 

 

"Yes ma'am."  Brian's voice startles us both and I wince a bit, hoping he's not upset by the virgin comment.

 

 

 

"Okay that's me, I'm done. See you Wednesday."

 

 

 

"Slick?  Are you sure you want to be alone tomorrow?"  Justin asks.

 

 

 

I pause and shrug, then let myself out.

 

 

 

JENNIFER TAYLOR'S HOUSE - EARLY AFTERNOON

 

 

 

JENNIFER

 

 

 

"Molly?  Sweetheart say something."

 

 

 

She's sitting there still and quiet before slowly picking up her iPad and dialling a number.

 

 

 

"Molly?"

 

 

 

"Mom please!"

 

 

 

MOLLY

 

 

 

I wait for it to be picked up and it's Lucy.

 

 

 

"Hi Lucy, is dad about?  Can you stay I need you to answer this too?"

 

 

 

"Of course, one minute.  Craig!  It's Molly."

 

 

 

A few seconds later dad comes to the screen smiling at me.

 

 

 

"Darling how was camp?  Oh hello Jennifer, I trust you're well?"

 

 

 

"I'm..."

 

 

 

"Camp was fine dad.  So about Justin.  Mom tells me that he's in Pittsburgh, never was in New York and never said anything about not wanting me as his sister. In fact you lied to us just because Justin is gay and I wonder Lucy if you knew about that?  And yes I said is because despite your efforts to cast him to the wolves, he's very much alive!  Now answer the question Lucy?"

 

 

 

"Who's Justin?"  Lucy asks bewildered.

 

 

 

"Who's Justin?  Oh my God! Lucy, you have my number give me a call and I'll explain everything, if you want.  Goodbye Mr Taylor."

 

 

 

I hang up and feel mom's arms come around me.  "I'm sorry sweetheart. I really didn't know what he said until you told me."

 

 

 

"C-can I see him?"

 

 

 

"Of course he's coming with some friends for dinner on Saturday and..."

 

 

 

"N-no I mean before then?"  I wipe my eyes and sit up.  "I want to apologise to him."

 

 

 

"What do you... Never mind.  Why don't you ask him yourself, I have a number for him?"  She waits for my nod and dials a number.  "Justin, it's mom I have someone who wants to talk to you."

 

 

 

"Ju-Justin is that really you, my Jester?!"  I cry.

 

 

 

SLICK'S APARTMENT - TUESDAY AFTERNOON

 

 

 

SLICK

 

 

 

I know I usually stay by myself but I'm really lonely.  Not just today but in my life outside the emporium, I'm lonely.  Seeing what Brian and Justin are trying to build, in their sweet stumbling and bumbling way, and Emmy Lou and Idaho, it really hits me. I need to open up more.

 

 

 

"Hey Emmy Lou I was wondering, if you're not busy at some point today - huh what do you mean look out the window?"

 

 

 

I head to the window and there is Emmy Lou, Idaho, Brian, Justin and Debs...wait and is that Carl?  Yes it's Carl, waving at me.  "Get in here you beautiful people!  How long have you been out there?!"  I blubber.

 

 

 

I run to the door and fling it open and am immediately engulfed in a hug by Debs.  "About half an hour, debating who was going to call you.  Jeez it's fucking cold out here!"  Debs exclaims.

 

"And next year you come to me, you hear?"  She whispers and I nod into her neck.

 

 

 

Emmy Lou sets out some food, Brian opens the wine and we settle down.

 

 

 

"So what was she like?  Your mom, tell us about her."  Debs asks gently.

 

 

 

And for the first time in years on this day, I shed happy tears.

 

 

 

RED CAPE COMICS - WEDNESDAY MORNING

 

 

 

MICHAEL

 

 

 

I'm still steaming because of what happened over the weekend.  However, he's been out of the city on a course, so I've not had much time to speak to him.  He's back on Friday so, hopefully, he will pull his head out of his suddenly jealous ass and get back to being the Ben I knew before he started keeping secrets.  In fact, if anyone should be jealous it should be me!

 

 

 

I'm leafing through the newly arrived stock and look up as the door goes.  "Emmett."  I snark.

 

 

 

He rolls his eyes.  "Oh for goodness sake Michael grow up.  You would've found out at the same time as us if you were there.  Now I need a copy of any comic you have with Medusa in it please?"

 

 

 

I gape at him.  "Can you repeat that?"

 

 

 

"Comic with Medusa in it please, as many as you have, obviously different editions."

 

 

 

I go and get them in a state of shock.  "That will be $10.80."

 

 

 

"There you go.  I hope she likes them. He said they were her favourites but he was too busy to come in today."

 

 

 

"Who and who are you talking about?"

 

 

 

"Oh these are for Molly, Justin's sister. We're all going to dinner on Saturday.  Ciao!"

 

 

 

Before I could ask anything else, he was gone.

 

 

 

BRITIN - WEDNESDAY EVENING

 

 

 

MASTER BEDROOM

 

 

 

JUSTIN

 

 

 

We've both had a long day.  I've been working on some drawings for the show and he's been yelling at his art department.  I still can't believe I'm going to see Molly on Saturday!  When we finished talking I cried for about 20 minutes soaking his Gucci shirt, which was added to my list of debts!  I'm beginning to suspect an ulterior motive here...and I'm happy about that!

 

 

 

We were originally going to stay at my place but he wanted to get out of town, so here we are.

 

 

 

It's still a bit cold in the house, but I've got this fire building down to fine art.  But the splinters are a bitch to get out especially from my right hand as I just can't get the grip on the tweezers.

 

 

 

"What did I say about using the heavy duty gloves?"

 

 

 

"I know but it was just one log and it slipped as I was putting it in."  I shake my head at his childish snort.  "Can you stop being dirty minded and help me remove the splinters."

 

 

 

He's still chuckling as he takes the tweezers off of me and peers at my hand.  "You've got quite a few, let me get the ointment first.  You might need some Beam... you know for the shock and all."

 

 

 

I poke my tongue out at his retreating back but do pour two glasses.

 

 

 

"Okay now be a bwave widdle boy and give me your hand. Do you want a sucker?"

 

 

 

"Do you want a swat round the head?"

 

 

 

"Operation remove splinters commencing."

 

 

 

He moves the light so he can see better.  And although he was teasing me, some of them were a bit deep and I did try and pull my hand away.  But his grip was firm and finally they were all out.

 

 

 

He strokes my palm.  "There what a bwave ickle...ouch hey no hitting the doctor or I won't put the ointment on!"

 

 

 

"Sorry doctor, please continue."

 

 

 

"That's better."

 

 

 

He takes the ointment and gently dabs it onto each spot where the splinter was.  "Brian?"

 

 

 

"Hmm?"

 

 

 

"Will it hurt?"

 

 

 

"Will what hurt?"

 

 

 

"Have...making love with you, will it hurt the first time?"

 

 

 

He looks up at me and smiles tenderly.  "Yes it will hurt but only for a little bit.  But I will try and be as gentle as possible.  I will prepare you like I did in New York and after a bit of a burn, it will feel so good."

 

 

 

"Better than your fingers and tongue?"

 

 

 

"Yes."

 

 

 

"Good."

 

 

 

He tilts my head up and gently kisses me on the mouth.  I deepen the kiss and inch slowly towards him as he wraps his arms around me and slides his hands up the back of my shirt.  I arch up into his chest as his hands aren't as warm as I thought they would be and gasp into his mouth.

 

 

 

"They'll heat up."  He murmurs and reclaims my mouth.

 

 

 

I reach down to his shirt and start to undo the buttons and nip at his neck, slowly pushing him backwards.  I remember what he did to my nipples and repay the pleasure, eliciting soft moans of appreciation.  I kiss down his stomach and swirl my tongue in his belly button, he has a cute little inny and it seems it's a little sensitive, judging by the gasping and squirming.

 

 

 

Slowly moving down, I pause at his jeans. Although we've talked about it, I can still see he's nervous. After a slightly tense moment, he nods his head and I pop the buttons as he lifts his hips.  I inhale his pubes and they smell heavenly, earthy and masculine.  I nuzzle his cock before taking his ball into my mouth in one swoop. Whilst my tongue rolls around it, his hips buck and he makes a yelping noise.  Lavishing attention on it elicits more cries of delight, rolling hips and hair grabbing.  I move to the other one and pay homage to that.

 

 

 

I'm steeling myself to take him in my mouth because he's a bit intimidating even when he's not erect.

 

 

 

"J-just take the head in first and lick my slit."  He instructs gently.  "I'll tap you when I need you to stop..."

 

 

 

"Why would you need me to stop?"  I keep stroking and kissing his thighs and balls.

 

 

 

"Because I make a lot."  He smiles lazily.  "And you...oh!"

 

 

 

I stop his chatter by sucking him straight down.  I may be a virgin but I know how to blow and ten minutes later he knows how well.

 

 

 

"That w-was fantastic!"  He manages to pant out as the last of his orgasm shudders through him.

 

 

 

"Y-yeah it was."  I groan and wait for my body to come down from mine.

 

 

 

"Come up here."  I slide up his body and we devour each other in a hot kiss before heading to the shower.

 

 

 

And for the first time since I've been sharing a bed with him, he sleeps naked.

 

 

 

CRAIG TAYLOR'S HOUSE - THURSDAY EARLY EVENING

 

 

 

LOUNGE

 

 

 

CRAIG

 

 

 

I've finally managed to persuade Molly to come around and hear things from my point of view.

 

 

 

"I'll get it!"  Lucy calls out.  "Molly, I'm so pleased to see you come...who are you?"

 

 

 

I frown at that and get up to check when I'm confronted by not only Molly but Jennifer and his best friend Daphne.  Before I can say anything I am holding my cheek where Daphne has slapped me so hard my ear is ringing.

 

 

 

"That's for fucking Paris Mr Cuntface!"  She growls and then stamps my foot so hard I think she's broken toes.  "And that's for causing us to walk all over New York trying to find him for 3 fucking years!"

 

 

 

"Ouch what the hell...Lucy get the police!"  I shout at her but she's stock still, reading something.

 

 

 

Slowly she looks up at me, with tears in her eyes.  "He was bashed at his prom Craig.  You left him with nothing and nobody because he's gay?!"

 

 

 

"Is that what they've told you, I explained to..."

 

 

 

"No this is what he told me in the article that led..."

 

 

 

"Come on Lucy be rational and think!  He's clearly told them about me to discredit me in the eyes of the..."

 

 

 

"No!  He never mentioned your name at all.  Read the article Craig, you'll see what a strong young man he's grown into despite having your genes!"  She flings the article at my feet and storms upstairs.

 

 

 

I have managed to hobble to the chair.  "Molly, please listen to me, what I did..."

 

 

 

"Was despicable.  And now you're childless. You don't accept Justin then I don't accept you."

 

 

 

"Molly!  Now just..."

 

 

 

"Mom, Daphne can you help me get what few things I want from this place to the car?  It won't take long."

 

 

 

They turn and head upstairs.  I gingerly unlace my shoe and take it off to inspect my foot. There is already a bruise starting to form.  And my rage begins to surface as they come downstairs and start to leave.

 

 

 

"Have you thought what he's been doing out there?  How's he survived those long years with no money? Let's face it. He was most likely..."  My scream of pain ends that sentence as Jennifer stamps on my other foot.

 

 

 

"Read.the.article. Craig."  She hisses.

 

 

 

"You shouldn't have done that."  Lucy's voice cuts in behind us.  I turn my head and smile through my pain at her change in tune.

 

 

 

"You should've let him finish, because I would gladly have supported any case for defamation of character!"

 

 

 

I roll my eyes at their laughter but make sure both feet are off the floor.

 

 

 

"Can we drop you anywhere, Lucy, is it?  Excuse my manners, I'm Jennifer."

 

 

 

"Nice to meet you Jennifer, although I wish it was under better circumstances.  Yes, if that's not too much trouble."  Turning back to me she says, "I'll send my cousin and brother to collect the rest of my things, and if there is anything damaged, your feet will be the least of your concerns.  You know how much my brother likes you after all.  Ladies, shall we go."

 

 

 

"Yes."  Casting one more disgusted look in my direction, Daphne snarks.  "And I don't know about you but after that I could use a shower and a drink!"

 

 

 

The last thing I hear before the door shuts is their laughter.

 

 

 

DINER - FRIDAY LUNCHTIME

 

 

 

MICHAEL

 

 

 

I head to our usual booth and inwardly heave a sigh of relief.  It's only Ted there.  "Hi Ted, how have you been?"

 

 

 

He looks puzzled before finishing his mouthful of coffee.  "Are you asking about me or in a roundabout way asking about Brian?"

 

 

 

"You of course!   Mother may I have some coffee?"  I call out.

 

 

 

"Ask Kiki she's running that section!"  She calls back dashing back to the kitchen.

 

 

 

"Kiki when you're ready."  I call out to her.

 

 

 

The bell ringing and Ted waving makes me turn round and Emmett is coming in, wearing an outfit that makes him look like a lemon and lime Popsicle. How he gets customers I have no idea.

 

 

 

"Good afternoon Teddy, Michael.  Oh I'm famished, I can't wait to..."

 

 

 

I roll my eyes.  "You're around food all day. How can you be hungry?"

 

 

 

"That food is not for me to eat willy-nilly.  It is to sell to customers Michael.  Now has the alarm gone?"

 

 

 

"Alarm? I have no idea what you are talking about.  But I haven't even got a cup of coffee yet."  I bristle.  "Kiki, can we have some service!"

 

 

 

"Hold your horses, you're not the only one here!"  She snaps back.

 

 

 

"Hey Carl!  Can you sit at the back? I'm swamped right now."  Mother flies passed after giving him a brief kiss on the cheek.

 

 

 

"Emmett, Ted, Michael, mind if I sit?"  Before I can say anything, Ted is moving over.

 

 

 

"Why's it so busy in here today?"  I ask.

 

 

 

"Same reason every end of the month, Stew Friday!"  Emmett wriggles in his seat and both Carl and I look confused.

 

 

 

"Did I miss it, has it been served yet?"  Blake comes dashing in and Carl gets up to let him sit next to Ted.

 

 

 

"No, and in answer to your confused expressions.  At the end of every month Slick and Cujo prepare one of their legendary big pots and they sell it here, with all the proceeds going to the centre and leftovers to St Peters.  Ah here's Hunter... they're on their way!"

 

 

 

The diner goes quiet as Slick, Cujo and two other people bring in pots of food and they are followed by Brian and Justin, who slide in next to Carl and Emmett respectively.

 

 

 

"What we got honey?"  Mother calls out and is crossing her fingers.

 

 

 

"Goat or vegetable curry with rice and flatbreads."  Slick replies earning a smacking kiss on her cheek from a leather bear and cheering from some booths.

 

 

 

"I had no idea at all that you were feeding us once a month!"  Justin's gaze has not left the pans.  "Do you need any help?"

 

 

 

"No you sit there and Brian do something about his drooling."  She chuckles.

 

 

 

Soon food is being plated up.  "Kiki, could I have a burger with fries and one more time- a cup of coffee?"  I ask, nearly losing what little patience I have left.

 

 

 

"Coffee you can have but since its Stew Friday, we only serve what they cook.  So what will it be?"

 

 

 

"Just coffee."  I reply stiffly.

 

 

 

"You're missing out Michael. This is delicious!"  Carl tells me and I roll my eyes.

 

 

 

"So Brian, what are you up to this evening?"  I ask him, ignoring the rumble my stomach is making.

 

 

 

"Tonight I have a client meeting and..."

 

 

 

"So we can do something tomorrow then?"  I interject.

 

 

 

"Nope, have plans tomorrow.   But maybe I can see you on Sunday."  He looks thoughtful.  "Yeah Sunday should work."

 

 

 

Maybe? Should work?  I blink rapidly and hide my grimace in my cup.

 

 

 

"Oh this is so good, do we get to have seconds?"  Justin sighs.  "Or can I just have that little piece right there?"

 

 

 

He bats his lashes at Brian, who slides the food over to him with a put upon sigh much to Emmett's amusement.

 

 

 

"Okay I've got to prepare for this meeting. Ted, I'll see you back there.  Mikey, your stomach sounds like a washing machine... just eat something already. I will call you about Sunday later."

 

 

 

He then brushes Justin's cheek and puts on his coat.  "See you later and remember to use the damn gloves. Though I did enjoy the resultant end to the game of doctor and pat..."

 

 

 

"I'll use the gloves, just go!"  He goes bright red and then studiously ignores our questioning looks.

 

 

 

"So Justin sweetie, you need to remember that he will tell Slick and Slick will tell me."  Emmett grins.  "So why not cut out the middle woman and dish!"

 

 

 

"Emmett, this is none of our business!"  I berate him and everyone looks at me in surprise.

 

 

 

"Wow Michael I never thought I would hear you say that. Thank you."  Ben's voice surprises me and Emmett gets up to let him sit next to me.  "Did I miss it?"

 

 

 

"It's okay dad, I saved you some.  Goat or veggie?"  Hunter calls out.

 

 

 

"Oh goat please. I'm starving!"  He gives me a kiss on the cheek and smiles at me.

 

 

 

Just as I was about to tell him something a bell rings.  "What's that about?"

 

 

 

"End of Stew Friday."  Hunter advises.   "Come on Justin, you can help me take it to St Peter's. By which I mean you sit and wait in the van and we load it up."

 

 

 

"Hey!"  But he gets up.  "Emmett, Carl, Debs, see you guys tomorrow!"  He calls back as he leaves.

 

 

 

"Oh Ben, we've got plans with Brian on Sunday.  That's not a problem is it?"

 

 

 

The fork pauses midway to his mouth and he turns to me his eyes stormy. "Yes it is a problem."

 

 

 

"Why? What is it this time?"  I sigh dramatically.

 

 

 

"Because Sunday is my birthday Michael."  He stands up and heads to the counter.  "Kiki, can I have this to go please?"

 

 

 

As he leans against the counter her glares at me.  "Hi Brian, its Ben. Listen, would you mind not coming around on Sunday because...oh that's not the impression I got from Michael.   Okay thanks sorry to have disturbed you.  Yeah talk to you later."

 

 

 

He leans over to take his coat.  "Your best friend told me that he would let you know about Sunday, not that we are confirmed.  You've pushed it too far... See you later."