Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

CHAPTER 57: HERE COMES THE GROOMS AND IT'S CHRISTMAS!

 

OFFICE – WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON

 

ZEE

 

Well after a couple of weeks from hell, where I’ve had to eat a steaming pile of horseshit sandwich over the idiot and had Tobias attempt to change his wedding plans,  I am pleased to be going over to Portland because there is something very calming about the smell of babies.

 

And speaking of babies, Helbert and I are going to have a little chat. It’s confirmed he’s knocked up Storm!  I would be mad except Hunter has turned into this pregnant father and it’s so funny to watch. He had to be hauled out of the back kitchen once when he wanted to weigh her food!

 

“Guys are we ready?!”  I holler. My answer comes as the thunder of footsteps come towards the kitchen.

 

Luckily, all the furballs are already on board and we are just locking down.  I am so glad that Xanthe has come as she and I need to talk about Paris.

 

“People why are you standing around? Get to getting!”  Debs orders and people start to move out back.  She then looks at her watch and heads to the hallway.  “Boys, ten minutes. Then I’m coming to get you mid-fuck or not!”  She hollers.

 

We grab a glass of the wine each and wait. Five minutes later, a perky Brian and sleepy Justin come down with the bedding.

 

“Is he okay?”  Debs asks as Brian virtually carries him outside.

 

“Yep. He got a little optimistic on how much edging he could take…”

“Brian!”  Justin grumbles, wiggling out of his arms and flouncing off... well as much as he can half knackered and well fucked!

 

QUBE HOUSE

 

WEDDING/BLESSING DAY – MORNING

 

TOBIAS’S SUITE

 

TOBIAS

 

“I am not panicking!”  I bellow into the stunned face of Ted.

 

The door is flung open and a furious looking Blake steps inside.  “Everyone who is not Tobias, get out!”

 

The room empties surprisingly quick.  “Listen to me!  I will take several things but what I will not take is you bullying my Teddy!  And you are being a bully!  There is only so much being a fucking groom will give you leeway for.  Stop this shit right now and apologise to Ted, Emmy Lou and Zee!   Because believe you me, it has not been fucking fun stopping her from killing you!”

 

I’m just staring at Blake.  I can’t believe he has just spoken to me like that.

 

“Unless the words out of your mouth are yes Blake, please go and get Ted, Emmy Lou and Zee, then you and I are going to have another problem, which involves this key for that door and you being on this side of it!”

 

I glare at him but he just glares back, unfazed.  “Yes Blake, please go and get them.”

 

“No.  Because that’s not what I told you to say.”

 

“Tobias!  Stop being an ass or I won’t marry you!”  Darius yells from the other side of the door.

 

“Yes Blake, please go and get Ted, Emmy Lou and Zee.”

 

He heads to the door and after a few minutes they come in.

 

“I have been a bit of a…”

 

“Twatsticle?”  Emmy Lou suggests and I nod because Blake is by the door twirling the key.

 

“Yeah that.  I’m really sorry guys, there was no need for it.”  I sigh resignedly and sit on the edge of the sofa.  “I just wanted it be perfect for Darius, you know?”

 

“I don’t want perfection!  If I did I wouldn’t be marrying you!  Now come on sweetheart, can we get married now?”

 

“Yes, yes we can.”  I wipe my eyes and take a breath.  “Let’s get this done!”

 

“And you say you’re not romantic.”  Darius laughs.  “See you down there.”

 

TED

 

I can’t wait for tomorrow. Although we’ve not been given much clue about the food, I have seen caviar and I love caviar!

 

I don’t think I have ever seen Tobias so nervous or Blake so defensive of me. It was quite a turn on if I’m honest!  I hope I’m going to get lucky tonight. He doesn’t often top but fingers crossed!

 

As we head downstairs, I can’t believe how beautiful the reception area looks.  Their colours are dark grey and dark rose pink. They have a combination of white peonies and burgundy roses in vases and they have their puggles Clarke and Lois as ring bearers.  And despite his scowling, Brian has not stopped fussing over them and everyone is pretending not to notice.

 

“Here they come.”  Reverend Butterfield smiles at me and I adjust my tie.

 

And he’s been another revelation.  Despite their history, he, Brian and Justin have become good friends and he leapt at the chance to do this so it was a no brainer to have him officiate the other thing.

 

“Dearly beloved, we are gathered here in the sight of God to witness the marriage of Tobias Roland Schenk and Darius Marcus Loft…”

 

An hour later Tobias and Darius are married and, once again, nobody comments on the sappy expression on Brian’s face.

 

WEDDING/BLESSING DAY – AFTERNOON

 

SUMMER ROOM – AKA HUNTER’S ROOM

 

BEN

 

I can’t believe he’s still pouting.  Faal and I exchange amused looks.

 

“It’s not funny.”  He gripes.

 

Faal snorts and then bumps his shoulder.  “We had to be separated for the night before our blessing so why not pay it forward…”

 

“You’re supposed to pay forward nice things!”  Hunter starts to plop down on the sofa.

 

“No!”  Jenny yells and manages to move the jacket out of the way of his ass before he lands as he was unable to stop himself.  “Seriously look before you sit!  This is Celine for heaven sake!”

 

Hunter and I exchange looks but say nothing.  Jenny peers intently at the jacket for creases after a few tense minutes she says nothing.

 

“You are very lucky.”  She mock glares at him.  “Some people have no respect for the fabric.”

 

“You have been spending far too much time with your Uncle Brian.”  I tease her.

 

“I heard that and what is wrong with being sartorially perfect?”  Brian strides into the room.

 

He walks round Hunter adjusting his suit and, of course, his tie. “Can we have the room for a few minutes?”  He looks at the three of us and Hunter nods.

 

HUNTER

 

He pats the sofa next to him and I sit down.

 

“I am so fucking proud of you.  Despite everything you’ve been through with your mom, your life and him, you’ve come through it.  I may not say it too much but I love you like my own and unless you fuck up real bad, then I always will.”

 

I can’t say anything as there is a massive lump in my throat.

 

“The same goes for me.”  Justin’s voice startles me.  “And we have something for you.”  He hands me a piece of paper and now I’m crying.

 

“Seriously?”  I whimper when I can speak.  “You both a-are going to be my le-legal guardians if anything happens to dad or papa.”

 

“In the eyes of the law, yes.”  Justin sniffles.

 

“Now come on.”  Uncle Brian clears his throat.  “Let’s get you two blessed so you two can connect after the denial of each other’s company last night.”

 

He pulls me to my feet and shoves me in the direction of the bathroom so I can sort myself out.

 

EMILY

 

I AM NOT GOING TO CRY!  I am screaming this in my head as Debs and Jennifer help me get ready.

 

“Honey, how did you not know this was going to happen? This is Zee, Faal, Brian and Justin you are talking about?” Debs scoffs.

 

“But!  But!”  I start to blubber.  “It’s Hunter and Matt’s day.”

 

“Which is why you are going to Grace Bible Church and getting married and then tomorrow we’re celebrating as a family.  Reverend Butterfield is waiting for you and your friends.  Thank Daphne and Vince. They were calling people since Sunday.  And the car is here!”  Jennifer heads to the door.  “Daphne, first bride to be coming out!”

 

“Okay!”  She yells back.

 

I can’t believe this has happened.  When they all arrived it was all wedding-wedding-wedding and Francine joked that we might as well get married since it’s all going on and I jokingly said okay.  And the next thing I know, boom we’re getting married!

 

I am hustled into the car and we’re off!

 

DEBS’ AND CARL’S SUITE

 

BEDROOM

 

CARL

 

I can get through this.  Emily and Francine are on their way so Daph and Vince have the kids, although they were dressed by their godfathers.  And judging by the cooing and giggling, they are in Gucci.

 

“Brian for heaven sake!”  Daphne admonishes.  “Can we at least feed them and then put them in the threads?”

 

“Fine!”  He grumbles.

 

I head to the room ready to referee but even I have to stop and stare.  “Where the hell did you get Versace baby gowns from?”  I shake my head.

 

“Versace.”  He replies.

 

“Brian!  You are impossible!”  Justin chides him but before he can pout he kisses him swiftly.

 

“Get used to it because this is what is going to happen with ours…sorry.”  Brian blushes.

 

Every eye turns to them.  “Explain.”  Red demands.

 

“We’re thinking of surrogacy but not until next year when everything is done…and after my show.”

 

“Seriously, sweetheart?”  Jennifer sniffs.

 

Justin nods and takes Brian’s hand and he has that sappy look again.  “But no more about it as I don’t want to jinx it anymore.”  Justin insists.  “Now come on we’ve got a blessing to do.  I’m pretty sure that Matt and Hunter really want to get together again.”

 

“Oh we have to tell Zee, Emmy Lou and Tom about your news it’s not fair we know and they don’t.”  Zeus decrees.  “What?”  He looks round the room.

 

“Nothing but good thoughts Junior.”  Ben claps him on the back.

 

“Junior?”  He looks puzzled.

 

“Yeah.  Carl’s Papa Bear and you’re Papa Bear Junior.”

 

He shifts a bit but before he can say anything, there’s rapping on the door.

 

“Can we get blessed so that we can get laid?!”  Matt yells.

 

“That’s my boy!”  Faal laughs.

 

DAPHNE

 

Fuck I love this family!  Cara and Aaron have been fed and redressed and are in the arms of their godfathers.  When they accidentally told us about their baby plans, I know the exact person to direct them to.

 

We’re outside in the garden for their blessing.  They were only consulted on the food; their parents have done the decorations.  And holy fuck! To quote Brian, it looks gorgeous!  The roof is closed so it’s warm and the flowers are black, burgundy and deep pink lilies.  All the vases are underlit and their favourite scent of sandalwood and chocolate fills the air.

 

Lydia is trying her hardest not to cry but failing badly judging by the constant stream of tissues that are being handed over by Sara.  Cara is sitting with Zeph and judging by the shy smiles, I think we have another romance.

 

Carl clears his throat and nods and we all stand.

 

“Hang on a sec honey!”  Debs chokes out and we try not to laugh too hard and she takes some steadying breaths.

 

“You good grandma?”  Matt calls back as Jennifer made it without a problem but is now starting to tear up.

 

“Come on Horvath, get your shit together!”  She chides herself.  “Yeah I’m good!”

 

She takes Hunter’s arm again and they make it down the aisle and she and Jennifer both step back.

 

“Ladies and gentlemen.  We…” Carl clears his throat hard.  “We are gathered here to bless the union of two of my grandsons.  One is my grandson through my marrying his grandmother but they are both my grandsons of my heart.  Matt, Hunter, I am…I am…sorry…just…”

 

“Papa Bear, you need help?”

 

“Please Junior.”

 

Zeus stands and adjusts his jacket before joining Carl and puts his arm round him.  “Where’d you get to?”

 

“Here.”  He croaks.

 

I look across at Cynthia, who looks so proud and the usually made of stone Zee is in floods within Faal’s arms.

 

“When you’re ready let me know.”  He nods and Zeus clears his throat.  “Carl has never been prouder to have the two of you as grandsons and the reasons why are thus: Hunter you have fought and worked so hard to get where you are, all by yourself.  And you are where you are because of yourself. Let no one ever tell you different.  And…you okay now?”

 

Carl nods and Zeus goes and sits down.  “And Matt, you saw Hunter and only Hunter.  And you are a credit to your parents, Zee and Faal.  It is my great honour to conduct the blessing of these fine upstanding men.  In the eyes of the family and the eyes of God, we bless your marriage in South Africa, which we are only just a tiny bit pissed about…your grandma’s words.  Gus and Jenny, can you step forward and place the rings on the cushion?”

 

Our pitbull is in absolute bits and rushes to her mom’s arms.

 

“Matt, can you say your vows please?”

 

“Hun-Hunter.  I love you more than anything in the world.  Okay I have to work on the saying ‘no’ thing but you make it difficult by being perfect for me.  The moment I saw you, I loved you and I will go on loving you until the end of time.”

 

“Try and beat that!”  Debs calls out.

 

“Matt.  I can’t believe that every day I get to be with you, come home to you and…love you.  For once I have to thank him because if he hadn’t tried to do what he did, you wouldn’t have come upstairs and…”

 

“Made out for an hour?”  Faal calls out.

 

“Dad!”  Matt cringes.

 

“What?  You did? A lot of lip salve was involved!”

 

“Quiet!”  Zeus growls.

 

“Sorry Junior, Matt and Hunter.”  Faal smirks.  “But…”

 

“One more word and no more Brietling capice?”  Zee retorts, he wisely just nods.

 

The room is filled with knowing laughter and Carl just shakes his head.  “This family knows way too much about each other’s proclivities!  Continue son.”  He nods at Hunter.

 

“As I was saying.  Wouldn’t have come upstairs and told me it didn’t matter.  I love you so much.”

 

“So Matt, do you yet again take Hunter to be your lawfully wedded husband?”

 

“I do.”

 

“And Hunter, do you…”

 

“I do!”

 

“Okay then!  You may now kiss your husband and then leave!”  He chuckles.

 

I have never seen two men leave so fast in my life!

 

WEDDING AND BLESSING RECEPTION DAY – EARLY MORNING

 

STORM ROOM

 

BRIAN

 

I’ve got my husband pinned underneath me, kissing him deeply.  The noises he’s making are heavenly.  My left hand is keeping his head still so that I can drink from him and three fingers of my right are buried deep in his ass, gently stroking his sweet spot.  He’s trembling and now tugging at my hair.

 

“Ready?”  I whisper after letting his tongue slide out of my mouth slowly.

 

“Uh-uh!”  He gasps.

 

I slide down his body still stroking and planting kisses and bites all the way down to his cock, which is bubbling and bright red.  He spreads his legs wider and I settle between them, still stroking.

 

“N-now…c-c-can’t…”

 

He mewls as I swallow him down whole.  “Oh yes, please now!”  He pants and I flick across his slit and thrust my fingers hard. He thrashes about as his body is flooded with pleasure and I’m not sure what language he was screaming but it was enough for me to get off too.

 

“Oh fuck!”  I growl and come hard without even being touched.

 

We lay where we finished spasming for the next fifteen minutes recovering.  Just when I think he’s gone to sleep, he squirrels down the bed to join me and after mumbling something about an alarm we fall asleep.

 

KITCHEN – EARLY AFTERNOON

 

ZEE

 

Faal brushes the tears off my face and kisses my nose.  “You good?”

 

“Yeah.  I don’t think I’ve cried so much.”  I laugh.  “Okay you get to getting and let us get this done.”

 

He cuffs my chin and saunters out just as Tom and Emmy come back in.  “Okay everyone is upstairs.”  Emmy grins.  “And Junior is on guard duty.”

 

“Of course he is.”  I laugh.

 

“No really I am!”  Zeus shouts from outside.

 

I gape at the pair of them and head out.  “Usez go for heaven sake!”

 

“Can’t.”  He tells me firmly eyes fixed on the screen on his laptop.

 

“Why?”

 

“Justin is over there.”  He points to the small office.  “And the moment I leave he’s going to be in.  What he doesn’t realise is that I have a piss bottle here, so…”

 

I hear his indignant snort/groan.  “Seriously, Justin just go and wait with everyone else. He's not going to move.”  I shout and at first I think he’s not going to come out but then he does looking somewhat sheepish.  

 

“You too Tucker!”  Zeus calls out.

 

“Jennifer made me do it!”  He gripes as he follows Justin upstairs.

 

“Okay you can go now.”  He looks up at me and I sigh.  “Emmy!  LCD please!”  The door opens enough for Emmy’s arm to come out with skewer and then it’s withdrawn.  “Emmy?”

 

“Sauce.”  He calls back before the arm reappears and Zeus takes it from him.  “Is he still there?”

 

“Yeah, two more please.”  I sigh as Justin almost breaks his neck coming down the stairs and I hear a familiar chuckle.  “Brian, you know he’s not going to give it to you so come on!”

 

“Good point!”  He picks Justin up and puts him over his shoulder and takes his skewer.

 

“Brian!”  Justin shouts beating on his ass and squirming.  “No I want to eat mine first then you can have yours!”  He chuckles before putting him down.

 

“Oh God, guys this is so good.”  Zeus sighs.

 

“Does Alice know how to cook this?”  Justin sucks on his fingers and then Brian’s.

 

I nod and have to laugh.  “Brian, you might need to take that skewer off him before he sucks in splinters.”

 

“Come on Mr Gourmand, you’ve had your treat.  And if you want to eat anything else you have to go to the room now or I will fuck you into a coma so you miss everything.”  Justin looks appalled and Brian scoffs.  “Luckily, I’m not insulted about you preferring food over sex but only because it’s those three cooking.”

 

“Sweetie we need to start instructing!”  Emmy sticks his head out and pulls me back in.

 

RECEPTION ROOF

 

CARL

 

“Ladies and gentlemen the grooms!  Matt and Hunter and Tobias and Darius.”

 

The applause is thunderous, though I did catch the scowl on Tobias’s face, what did he expect?  They are my grandsons!

 

“Now take your seats so that the food can be unveiled!”

 

The smell in this place is wonderful.  The tables are in a circle and the food is currently shielded in the middle.  Rumour has it that they have set the table this way because the grooms were arguing over who had the head table.

 

Louis Costino, the company head, and his boys are waiting on us and the cocktails are being served.  We’ve got sours, cherry based ones and bitters based ones.  And of course wine, beer and champagne.  Daphne is nearly crying with joy as she’s expressed and can drink!

 

I watch the son of my heart smile at Justin as he sips his cocktail.  They aren’t actually saying anything but I know they are talking judging by the smiles, nods and touches.

 

LOUIS COSTINO

 

“Ladies and gentlemen!”  I boom.  “We are now ready to serve the first course!  In honour of the heritage of the Groom, Tobias, we are going with a Kansas theme and therefore we have…oxtail and cheese nuggets, ham butter on toast, smoked livers on toast…please note there is fois gras in this, smoked lamb marrow, wings with assorted dressings including kimchi and apricot and green chilli, burnt tomatoes on toast, devilled eggs with or without chicken skin, lobster and crab corn dogs, crispy pickled shiitake, ghost pepper and garlic spiced prawns and rib tips.”

 

The entire room is stunned into silence.  Everyone is looking at their chefs du jour and they just shrug.

 

I chuckle.  “I know right!  So your waiters behind you will take your order and bring it to you.  And yes Justin we know to double for Brian.  So please waiters step forward and take the orders!”

 

CARL

 

Debs has told me to have at it so I have two lots of ham toast but I took my eye off it for a minute and Jenny swiped one from my plate!

 

BEN

 

I can’t believe how much food they managed to cook and keep everyone out of the kitchen.  Even though I have been mostly vegetarian since my diagnosis they have lured me over to the carnivore side.  Taylor is in her own seat for a change, but as usual is eating from my plate when we have what she calls party food.  I look across at Zeus and he nods.  The run tomorrow is going to be painfully long but this food makes it worth it.

 

JENNIFER

 

Oh God I am going on a diet in the New Year. I have never tasted something so wonderful!  Poor Tucker didn’t order the oxtail nuggets and I made the rookie mistake of letting him have one and I have been running interference with my fork to keep him from the remaining one!

 

“Sir, to save your fingers, please take these.”  A waiter gives him a couple.

 

“Thank you!”  We say at the same time.

 

DEBS

 

I don’t think I could eat another thing!  I may have crested too early!  The waiters have taken our plates away and the food is cordoned off again but the smell is even better.  I look round at Alice and she just shakes her head.  We just know that we have to get the recipes for virtually everything that was just served.

 

LOUIS

 

“Ladies and gentlemen!  Time for the second course!  Before you order, know that these are going to be burgers and fries!  For those who are wearing designer please ask for a bib or go and change into something that you don’t mind getting messy.  The burgers are going to be stacked and will be made to order!  However, before I announce your burgers, there are palate cleansers of granitas with gin and watermelon, mint and mango, peach and Prosecco and strawberry and cream.  So if you’re going to get changed can you do it now please?”

 

I am unsurprised when virtually everyone goes to get changed, which gives us clear down time amongst other things.  Twenty minutes later they start filtering back and take their seats.

 

“Ladies and gentlemen welcome back!  Now if you could tell the waiters which palate cleanser you want.”

 

CARL

 

I am having an excellent time. Even better now I managed to get out of that suit! I love the suit but this is burgers made by my cubs and also the cocktails are going down very well.

 

“May I take your order sir?”  I turn away from chatting to Ted and smile and then I gape and freeze.  “Would you like a granita or a hug sir?”

 

“Daniel?”  I just stare at him.

 

“Yes sir.”  He salutes me.  “Cpl Daniel Horvath Smith reporting for hugging duties sir!”

 

“Get round here!”  I order and Red is weeping on Tucker’s shoulder.  “What the hell are you doing here?”  I sniffle as I let him go.  “How are Colleen and the kids?”

 

“We’re fine thanks dad.”  I whirl round and am faced with my daughter and grandkids.  “How?  When?  Who?”  I stammer and then look across at my sons of my heart Brian and Faal.  “You two?”  They raise their glasses.

 

“Can everyone move around to make room for them?  Move down two seats on either side of Carl and Debs.”  Louis orders his voice thick.  “You have no idea how badly Samuel wanted to come out when he saw you!”

 

“Grandpa?  Can you order for me?”  Samuel asks and all I can do is nod.  My grandkids are here!

 

The granitas are ordered, Jessica snuck a spoonful of the prosecco based one from Debs.

 

“So, now the burgers.  You have an assortment of sauces but for those who don’t want burgers we have pulled pork shoulder, beef short ribs and roast chicken.  So, and I can’t believe they have done this, the burgers are as follows; The Big Ode…this is pulled pork, sausage, gravy, burnt ends and slaw.  Brisket buns…with burnt ends, smoked brisket, bread and butter pickles and slaw.  Pulled smoked duck with caviar and sour cream and Trailer Trash…which has hog mac and cheese, pulled pork shoulder and bread and butter pickles.  Then of course there are various other slaws, salads and string fries.”

 

“Tell my godchildren I love them!”  Justin quips.  “Seriously, when the hell did you do this?”

 

Again they just shrug.

 

“Oh Christ this is so good!”  Meriam groans.  “I understand that there is a run tomorrow correct?”  There’s nodding.  “Good.  No matter what I threaten you with legally, make me go!”

 

“I think we can leave the puddings for later, correct?”  Louis asks and Zee nods and then stands.

 

“Okay, if everyone is done, Louis and his boys are going to clear down and leave.  Louis you’re a sweetheart.  You didn’t have to come down personally but that made it for us.  So thank you.  To Louis and his boys!”

 

“Louis and his boys!”  We all cheer.

 

“Come on folks, they need to eat too!”  Faal orders and we all file downstairs groaning happily with full bellies.

 

LOUNGE – TWO HOURS LATER

 

DEBS

 

It has been an excellent day!  Almost everyone is struggling to stay awake.  Tomorrow is going to be another day of hard cooking but not for those three. They have done more than enough!

 

“Okay, I have an announcement…no edict!  You three are not doing damn fucking thing until we are back in Pittsburgh!  Just give us the recipes and we, this family, will muddle through, I mean it the queen has spoken.”

 

“Grandma?”  Samuel pulls on my sleeve.  “Can we have pudding now?”

 

“Oh crap.  After today, you are not doing anything!  So what is it?”

 

“Lemon and cherry possets with marshmallows…”   Zee replies and Samuel frowns.  “A posset is a dessert made with double cream, whipped really hard so that it’s nice and creamy and thick and of course you have marshmallows but I have also done donuts with lemon sugar you know to…”

 

“Where is it?”  Justin demands.

 

“Kitchen.  Fridge in the larder.”  She grins.

 

“Brian!”  Justin shouts.

 

“Goodnight!”  Brian grins and no doubt runs upstairs.

 

“You know what?”  Sol turns to Menno.

 

“Those of you going, just go!”  I cackle, within minutes it’s just me, Carl, Jessica, Samuel and Taylor in the lounge.

 

“Why’d everyone need to have a nap now?”  Taylor asks.  “They didn’t look tired.”

 

“Let’s watch some cartoons!”  Carl snickers.

 

CHRISTMAS DAY – EVENING

 

KITCHEN

 

ZEUS

 

We were in the lounge watching Samuel, Jessica and Taylor open their presents, nobody else needs anything else.  

 

Now, all the kids, both actual and young at heart, are outside making snowmen as it snowed heavily overnight.  Me, Zeph, Zeon and Tom have come back in for the incentive for the maze.  Zee had an idea of sniffing their way round so we have hot chocolate, toffee pears and apples, donuts and caramelised nuts.  And, of course, hailers to direct them.  At some point lights were put round the maze so it just looks magical.

 

“Hey let me in.”  Cyn opens my coat and slips inside and does it up.  “Much better.  You know you have to feed me toffee pears right?”

 

“Right.”  I laugh and blow on a piece of pear for her.  “Too hot?”

 

“Oooh this is nice.”  She grins up at me.

 

“It’s the most perfect Christmas.”  I kiss the top of her head and she glares at me.  “I hadn’t eaten anything!”

 

“Yo Usez do you have anyone apart from Cyn with you?!”  Faal shouts, who wisely stayed with Zee.

 

“Aah, we’ve got Jenny, Gus, Phil and Hank.  What about you?  Which corner is this?”  I shout back.

 

“2nd!”  He shouts back.

 

Three hours later everyone has made it out of the maze.  Laughing and joking we troop back to the kitchen and find Brian and Justin in the nook.

 

“What?”  Brian looks up at our astonished expressions.  “Horny and cold doesn’t work.”

 

“I told you!”  Menno punches Sol in the arm.   “I said there was no way they are fucking out here but no Mr Sol had to prove a point!”

 

“Shrinkage?”  Justin asks.

 

“Like you wouldn’t believe!  I have new tonsils!”  Menno gripes and stands in front of the fire.

 

Brian spitting wine over Justin sets the rest of us off!

 

When we quiet down Zee taps her glass.  “So people, Xanthe’s family right?”  There’s nodding.  “Good to know, so here, we’re not going to be there and judging by the shoes at the wedding you are a girl after my own heart.”  She hands her some keys and Jennifer starts to cry.  “This is to our Paris place, just say yes and look after it, I would hate to go through all the shit of buying your apartment then evicting you and then offering you my place.”

 

“Yes.”  She cries and hugs her tightly.

 

“So as Christmases go not bad not bad at all.”  Zee grins.  “So anyone for goose and soffrito toasties?!”

 

“Me!”  Justin yells from Brian’s lap.

 

“Happy Christmas everyone!”  Faal yells.  “I love you guys!”

 

PENNSYLVANIA STATE CORRECTIONAL FACILITY – 3 JANUARY – MORNING

 

MICHAEL’S CELL

 

MICHAEL

 

I have post today.  As Christmas and New Years’ go, this has not been one of my best, but next year will be better.  Primarily, because I won’t be in here.  Admittedly, he might be still with Boy Wonder but I will be free and I’m looking to the future and nothing is going to upset me.

 

“Who is this from?”  I ask Officer Mount.  “Also when is Officer Holiday coming back? I miss his witty repartee!”

 

He frowns at me.  “Who is this Officer Holiday?”

 

“The guard before you, he was…”

I’m interrupted by him laughing.  “Oh God, you really are an idiot.  When I said holiday, I meant that was what he was on holiday not that it was his name!  As for that package, it is from a Ted…Ted Schmidt.”

 

He walks off chuckling and I glower at his back but say nothing. I don’t want another revocation.  I pull out the contents, wondering what Ted would be sending me.

 

“Fucking bastard!”  I snarl as I see the wedding picture of him, Blake, some other dude and Tobias fucking Schenk and I realise that Ted was behind my audit!

 

I hate him! I hate him so fucking much!

 

PITTSBURGH WOMEN’S CORRECTIONAL FACILITY

 

LINDSAY AND MARTHA’S CELL

 

MARTHA

 

Little Miss Princess is at it again.  She’s fainted and has been taken to the infirmary.  I look at what caused it this this time and burst out laughing.  Officer Lobe comes over and frowns.

 

“So what’s the big deal about these two women?”  He hands me back the picture and I rifle through her stuff and find the Christmas card and the note and then give him the rundown. By the time I’m finished, he’s almost on the floor with laughter.

 

“Hey, come on spill!”  I shake him.

 

“This guy and this guy are two of my closest friends.  This is her ex-son and her ex-daughter and those two must be Emily and Francine, who she did what she did to and…”

 

“What did she do?”  I ask warily.

 

“You know the rules Martha.”  He chides me.  “You find out from anyone but us.”

 

I nod and wait for him to continue.  “So they got married.  And I bet you anything that this lady, her name is Zee, made it happen.”

 

“Pretty lady.”  I look hopeful but when he shakes his head I sigh but then he looks at me hard.

 

“You promise me you won’t come back?”  I nod firmly. This is my last time; she and I are done.  “Keep an eye on her and I keep an eye on you.”

 

I don’t say another word, just nod.

 

EVENING

 

KYRAN LOBE’S HOUSE

 

KYRAN

 

“Hey Matt or should I call you kept man?”  I taste the spaghetti sauce and nod.  “Look, can you get your mom to call me when she’s done?  I’ve got a good soul that can help her. You remember me talking about Martha?  Yeah she’s back but we all know why she’s back.  That’s why she gets minimum every time.  She’d rather hit than be seen as a victim of domestic abuse.”

 

I slap the wandering hands of my partner and laugh.  “Look I have to go.  Someone is being a pest!”

 

“Dad is doing much better!”  I shout out as he heads to get changed.

 

Dad had a heart attack and for the last few weeks, we’ve been looking after him and making sure he’s settled.  Considering, we’ve only been together for six months, I know this guy is a keeper and we agreed that since we met at work, we never bring it home.

 

“That’s great!  Christ, when we found him I was so scared.”  He murmurs in my ear as I lean back against him.

 

“So what’s for eats tomorrow?”  He nips my ear and I hand him the note. He barks out a laugh.  “I can’t wait to meet them officially.  So on that list is food from the wedding?”

 

I nod and start to plate up while he pinches a meatball.  “Edwin Birch, would you wait until we are at the table?!”  I shout at his retreating back.

 

“Nope, your food is too good!”

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please review kindly and constructively.  Thank you