Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

CHAPTER 40: SECRETS, LIES AND COW PIES

 

 

 

TREEHOUSE - SATURDAY EARLY MORNING

 

 

 

MASTER BEDROOM

 

 

 

FAAL

 

 

 

"Can't you sleep?  And where are you?  It's so dark in wherever you are."

 

 

 

Zee chuckles and puts on the light.  "Sorry about that, I'm outside on the annex porch. It's so quiet out here, I can see why Usez couldn't stand it but can understand it for Sol and Menno; they will love it here."

 

 

 

"Ah hence the early rising."

 

 

 

"And I miss my heater but love him for forcing me to do this."

 

 

 

"I miss you too.  If I wasn't for Menno wanting to come too and that leading to a spat between him and Sol, I would come up tomorrow."

 

 

 

"Seriously, this place is just amazing.  Oh can you get the behemoth BBQ deets from Brian so I can get it bedded in by Tuesday?"

 

 

 

"Sure but what's the rush?"

 

 

 

"No rush..."  She trails off finding anything interesting.

 

 

 

"Lig whatever you're up to have fun with it and don't burn yourself out understand?  Actually why not have the kids come up and help with whatever it is you've just added to your plate."

 

 

 

She beams at me and goes to speak but I cut her off.  "I'll call Mel later. You go back to bed!  Lief vir jou."

 

 

 

"Good night geliefde and lief vir jou too."

 

 

 

SQUIRREL HOUSE - SATURDAY MID-MORNING

 

 

 

LEDA

 

 

 

"Guys can you come down a minute?"

 

 

 

Mel and I just smile. We know the question is moot but it will be fun to see the expression on their faces.

 

 

 

"Zee is out of state for the week, getting some much needed rest."  Jenny scoffs.  "Well you know what I mean."

 

 

 

"Yeah.  Where has she gone to get this rest?"  Gus rolls his eyes.

 

 

 

"Ohio."  Mel replies trying not to smile.

 

 

 

"What the heck's in Ohio?"

 

 

 

"Sol and Uncle Menno's ranch that she's furnishing."

 

 

 

"Wait, back up.  When did they buy a ranch?!"  Jenny gasps, looking affronted she didn't know this.

 

 

 

"They didn't.  Zeus did but he's letting them live there so that Menno can move to the States permanently."

 

 

 

"What?!"  Gus exclaims.  "Uncle Menno is...that's excellent news!"

 

 

 

"I know.  And she was wondering if two strapping teenagers on holiday until the beginning of December would like to give her a..."

 

 

 

It's a fight to see who can get up the stairs faster.

 

 

 

"If that's a yes, the plane will be here this evening at six!"  Mel shouts at their retreating backs.

 

 

 

"We'll be ready!"  Jenny shouts back.

 

 

 

"Pack warm clothing and sturdy boots!"  I add.

 

 

 

"Okay!  Ohio here we come!"  Jenny yells.

 

 

 

BROHOUSE - SUNDAY MORNING

 

 

 

OFFICE

 

 

 

ZEUS

 

 

 

"Hey Zay, you sound happy, oh I see, thought it was them.  What can I do for you?  Uh huh and when is this?  Okay I'll make sure.  Sure, you take care baby girl.  What?  What guest? What makes you think I'm bringing a guest?  Zay, hello?  Zay?"

 

 

 

"What's up?"  Zeon looks round from the sofa.

 

 

 

"Oh Zay wants us to fly to Ohio. She's doing a housewarming for Menno and Sol on Saturday."

 

 

 

"Uh huh. So you gonna ask Cynthia to come with?"

 

 

 

"What?!  Why would I ask Cynthia?"  I shift slightly on my feet.

 

 

 

"Well if you're not going to try with her, I suggest you don't make out so much.  And if you don't want people to see you making out, make sure the house is empty first."

 

 

 

"Fuck off!"  I grouse.

 

 

 

"Sure. You need privacy for that call."  He smirks and gets out before I can throw something at him.

 

 

 

21 REXDALE AVENUE - SUNDAY LUNCHTIME

 

 

 

LOUNGE

 

 

 

RALPH

 

 

 

We've got all the pictures of the collection and sent it to someone that Talon knows and we're just waiting to hear back from him.  Apparently, the atmosphere in the condo is back to normal with Michael sucking up to them.

 

 

 

"How much?!"  I hear Talon gasp, then comes in and puts the phone on speaker.

 

 

 

"Yep as a whole the figurines are worth about $20K and that's just the ones you have. I will get back to you with the price of the others.  And of course, there's the crown jewel of his collection..."

 

 

 

"What crown jewel?"  I ask.

 

 

 

"Yeah, now I know whose collectibles these are, I'm not surprised he doesn't want to sell. I know the guy.  He used to run Red Cape Comics and he is a bit of a shark when it comes to negotiating. I bid against him years ago in Portland for something he really wanted but I got.  About a year later he bought it off me for $5000 more than I paid for it."

 

 

 

"What did you pay for it and what is it?"  I ask.

 

 

 

"Working replica of the Batmobile car from the Michael Keaton movie and I paid $50K so he paid me $55K."

 

 

 

"Where the hell did he get that kind of money from?"  Talon asks.

 

 

 

"That was my immediate question because he backed out real quick when it hit fifty.  He said that he cashed in his husband's insurance policy when he passed away."

 

 

 

"But his husband, well now ex-husband, is still alive."

 

 

 

"That's what he told me at the time and then added the five to sweeten the deal."

 

 

 

"Thanks Riley."  Talon hangs up and looks thoughtful.  "Without involving Zee in this until we need to, we need to speak to the family."

 

 

 

I nod and she starts to make calls, by the end of the evening we have flights booked for Pittsburgh for Tuesday morning.

 

 

 

THE RANCH, OHIO - MONDAY MORNING

 

 

 

GUS

 

 

 

Jenny and I just stare her.  "Aunt Zee..."

 

 

 

"Don't be looking at me!  Blame his father!"  She laughs.

 

 

 

"Okay but you didn't exactly put up a fight did you?"  I point out.

 

 

 

"Honey, why would I ruin the view for the rest of us?  I mean it's going to look so good."

 

 

 

"Aunt Zee!"  Jenny tries to sound appalled but fails.

 

 

 

"Oh come on!  To quote your Auntie Ems...married and faithful but neither blind nor dead."

 

 

 

BRITIN - TUESDAY LUNCHTIME

 

 

 

LOUNGE

 

 

 

BRIAN

 

 

 

I know it's been years but that must really hurt Ben.  "I didn't even notice."  He says quietly.

 

 

 

"Well it would go some way to explaining why he was so very keen to get the money back from David.  But then when you guys split..."  I take a calming breath.  "He must have thought if he could get the money back from David, he could just keep it.  Christ what a..."

 

 

 

"Cunt."  Jennifer states.  "That's the word you're looking for."

 

 

 

"Oh my God what happened to him to do all of this?"  Debs is being comforted by Carl.

 

 

 

"Greed, plain and simple Red.  He sees what others have and wants it no matter how he gets it."

 

 

 

"But how did he cash in the policy without your signature?" I ask.

 

 

 

"He had my POA then and we agreed that should I have a health issue, then the policies should be cashed in to settle the bills." Ben tells us.

 

 

 

"But this was before your pneumonia!"  Hunter yells, pacing.

 

 

 

"Babe sit down please."  Matt grabs his arm and pulls him back down.

 

 

 

"Remember I did get sick before..."

 

 

 

"But not enough to warrant a fucking $50K policy cash in!"  Hunter snarls.

 

 

 

"And how did he keep it from you?"  Mel is steaming.  "Actually who was the policy with?"

 

 

 

"I don't know but he did and I've gone through everything and the only one missing is Pearl Green Assurance."  Ben laughs bitterly.  "He was paying the policy for it because he liked the name."

 

 

 

"Let me look into this a bit more and get back to you."  Mel is grim faced.  "How the hell am I going to tell Jenny?"

 

 

 

Leda takes her hand.  "We'll all tell her."  She looks at Ben and Steve and they nod.  "But after Ohio okay?"

 

 

 

"We're letting Zee know about this but letting you deal with it Mel, agreed?"

 

 

 

We all nod, sickened at the duplicity of Michael Novotny.

 

 

 

TALON'S CONDO - TUESDAY EVENING

 

 

 

LINDSAY

 

 

 

I can't believe I got fucking caught!  Luckily, I was just fired because she could've had me arrested if I hadn't pleaded ignorance and sobbed my apologies for the misunderstanding.  I've been blocked from the art scene again, but no matter since I made a nice tidy sum of $30K, doubling up the commission. If that stupid woman had only kept her voice down, it would've been fine.

 

 

 

Michael, of course, has made no effort to respond to the suit from my parents but at least they haven't sent me anything.  I hope Grady is right about this being a temporary estrangement, albeit a long term one.

 

 

 

Michael and Grady are out rebonding as the atmosphere in here was awful on Saturday. I hope they are having a good time.

 

 

 

DOWNTOWN HOTEL

 

 

 

BEDROOM

 

 

 

GRADY

 

 

 

"Oh yes!  Right there yes!"  I grip the sheets as he continues to thrust into me.  "Fuck me, just fuck me!"  I yell.

 

 

 

"Is it good?  Is it better than before?"  He croons in my ear.

 

 

 

"Yes!  Yes it is!  Ah!"

 

 

 

His hand wraps round my dick and he jacks me to the best orgasm in a long time!

 

 

 

"That was just what was needed!"  I pant out and smile.

 

 

 

"Yeah for me too!  My turn!"  He orders excitedly, I groan but get up.

 

 

 

Five minutes later I'm balls deep in him, thrusting hard.  "More!  Harder!"  He yells.

 

 

 

"Oh this is so good!"  I growl, gripping his hips tightly.

 

 

 

"I'm gonna cum from this al...aaaah!"  He screams and I follow soon after.

 

 

 

Ten minutes later, I peel myself off of the bed and head to the shower.  I kiss him gently on the cheek as he's dozed off and head out to meet Michael.

 

 

 

There's no way I could spend time with him without having something to get me through it.  And going bareback with my favourite fuckbuddy was just what I needed.

 

 

 

THE RANCH - THURSDAY LATE THURSDAY AFTERNOON

 

 

 

ZEE

 

 

 

I look at Zeus and then behind him before looking expectantly at him.  "What?"  He asks.

 

 

 

"There is a distinct lack of Cynthia."  I point out.

 

 

 

"Fuck off."  He growls and stomps into the house.

 

 

 

Faal comes up and wraps his arms round me.  "I can't believe what they've done and what you've done. It looks perfect for them!"

 

 

 

"Thank you, again, for getting me out of there. I needed distance but I feel better now."  I turn into his arms.  "And whatever is bugging you can wait, alright?  Let's just have a good time."

 

 

 

"How did..."

 

 

 

"I know you.  And again, it waits."  She kisses me gently.  "We have a shit load of food and booze to order."

 

 

 

WHITE & SULLIVAN

 

 

 

MEL'S OFFICE

 

 

 

ADAM

 

 

 

"Jesus.  I mean... just Jesus."  I look through what she's brought to me and after what she's told me, I want this guy to go down!

 

 

 

"He looks so innocent, right?"  She looks pissed off and tired.

 

 

 

"You know we can't represent the case though; the firm is too close.  What about Chase? They could do it. In fact, why not get Ephraim to do it.  He needs to pay for this.  I can call in a favour with Pearl. They should be able to give me a copy of the insurance policy and I think we have the copy of the old POA, right?"

 

 

 

"Yes.  Ah here.  What are you thinking?"

 

 

 

"Jail time, proper jail time."

 

 

 

"Oh, okay. I'll leave it with you."

 

 

 

"Please.  I'll have something for you by Tuesday next."  I rub the annoyance off my face.  "Now onto more pleasant subjects.  What do I bring for Saturday?"

 

 

 

"Cowboy boots and a Stetson. Everyone has to wear cowboy boots and a Stetson."

 

 

 

"We can get changed when we're there right?"

 

 

 

She laughs and nods.  "I think everyone is doing that!"

 

 

 

BRITIN - FRIDAY EVENING

 

 

 

MASTER BEDROOM

 

 

 

BRIAN

 

 

 

"I still don't see why we have to wear what we have to wear!"  I call out from the en suite.  "I mean for God sake it's not as if..."

 

 

 

All thoughts collect in my cock as I walk in to find Justin leaning against the post chewing a Twizzler cheroot and wearing a Stetson, cowboy boots and a holster and that's it.

 

 

 

"Howdy pilgrim."  He growls and walks slowly up to me, I can hear a tinkling sound.  "I'm new round these here parts and was wondering where a cowpoke should go for fun and if you could show me them thar places?"

 

 

 

As he walks around me, I look down and see spurs on the back of his boots.  My cock approves further.

 

 

 

"I should be able to help you stranger."  I start to push him back towards the bed.  "For instance, this place here is called Place of Heaven..."

 

 

 

"Oh is it..." He purrs and I gasp as he palms my cock.  "I heard say that this is the place of heaven."

 

 

 

I lower my head and take the end of the cheroot in my mouth and start to chew towards him.  Soon we're swapping Twizzler between us until I have the last bite.

 

 

 

I slide my hands down to his butt and feel that he's already prepared himself.  "Oh God."  I moan and take a breath.  "I happen to be the owner of the stud farm in these here parts. Perhaps I could take you for a ride on the Pole of Heaven?"

 

 

 

"Well thank you kindly sir, I'd be much obliged."

 

 

 

I toss his Stetson across the room and push him flat on his back.  Sucking his tongue into my mouth elicits one of my favourite sounds and I start to grind into him.

 

 

 

"Now are you...oh...the stud of this stud farm?"  He pants, as I suckle his nipples.

 

 

 

"Reckon so."  I swirl my tongue into his navel.

 

 

 

"Mmm.  Well then, you'll pardon me if I form my own op-op-opinion on that?"

 

 

 

He grips the sheets as I slowly twist the butt plug out of him and flip us over.

 

 

 

"It's rude to wear spurs in bed and if you could remove your belt, I wouldn't want anything to go off before time."  I groan and writhe as he repays my nipple and navel play and then briefly takes me into his mouth.

 

 

 

He slides up to share my taste with me before straddling my hips and slowly lowering himself down.

 

 

 

"Ride it cowboy!"  I order and he does exactly that.

 

 

 

Ten minutes later we're panting and trying to find his other boot.  He looks adoringly at me and brushes the sweaty hair out of my eyes.

 

 

 

"We need to buy another pair of boots for me.  These go in the Toy Room."

 

 

 

"Along with the spurs...those are definitely being kept!"

 

 

 

"Next time you be the prisoner and I be the sheriff."

 

 

 

THE RANCH - SATURDAY MORNING

 

 

 

SOL

 

 

 

"Wait, pull over for a second."  I tell a surprised Menno.  "I just want to see it from here."  We get out and look down the drive. It is incredible.  "I can't believe we're going to live here!"

 

 

 

"Me neither.  Come on we have a barn to christen!"  He leers at me and we dash back to the car.

 

 

 

He guns the car down to the front door and we run to the barn pulling on our clothes and come to a screeching halt at the sight of the firm buttocks of Brian moving rhythmically as he pounds into Justin, who is hanging off the stall with his legs wrapped round Brian's trim waist, moaning and groaning with his eyes closed.

 

 

 

"Guys!"  Menno guffaws.

 

 

 

Justin's eyes fly open but Brian doesn't stop.  "Al...almost there!  A few...minutes."  Brian groans.

 

 

 

"Uh.  Well okay.  We'll be in the house then."  I stammer.  "Nice boots."

 

 

 

We back out grinning and turn to the house.  "So Zee's doing a housewarming then?"

 

 

 

"Reckon so."  He giggles.  "Attention in the house!  We found Brian and Justin in the barn so we know you're in there!"

 

 

 

The door opens and Zee hauls us in.  Menno shakes his head and gives her a huge hug.

 

 

 

"Zeus, you are rubbish!"  She chides him.  "Just for that you can show them round!"

 

 

 

By the time we've been shown round, Brian and Justin are back, looking very smug.

 

 

 

"Seriously you two!" Jennifer chides them, grinning.

 

 

 

"What?  We were just making sure that Justin is still not allergic to hay.  He's not."

 

 

 

"Come on!"  Jenny tugs on both our hands.  "Oupa sent a present!"

 

 

 

Menno groans wearily and allows himself to be pulled along.  "What's wrong?"

 

 

 

"Oupa and presents.  This can't be good."

 

 

 

As we are led outside I just stare, then blink and then stare again.  "Are those?"

 

 

 

"Yep stallions."  He sighs and then grabs his phone.  "Papa!"

 

 

 

We listen in silence to his end of the conversation as he tries to explain to his dad this wasn't what we had in mind.  But as much as we appreciated the gesture they would need to go back.  He sighs heavily when he hangs up.

 

 

 

"Everyone.  Meet Truman, the chestnut and Capote, the grey."

 

 

 

"Only papa!"  Faal chuckles and Menno nods.

 

 

 

"Right who's for food?"  Zee calls out.  "Have some short ribs stew braising."

 

 

 

"Uncle Menno, what you going to call it.  Oh actually I mean Uncle Zeus."  Gus blushes.

 

 

 

"No it's theirs to name as they wish."

 

 

 

"Cow Pies II."  Menno grins.  "Cow Pies I is in South Africa."

 

 

 

"Of course it is."  I mumble against his mouth.  "To Cow Pies II!"  I yell and raise my glass.

 

 

 

"To Cow Pies II!"  They shout back.