Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

CHAPTER 12: A KICK ASS PARTY...AND FAAL SPOTS A FLAW

 

 

 

EMMY LOU

 

 

 

Wow that is some kiss.  Not as scorching as Brian and Justin, of course, but I do believe we have lost our 2nd chef for the rest of the day.

 

 

 

I clear my throat.  "Ahem Thomas, you can have the rest of the day off."

 

 

 

Zee is smiling softly.  "Zeon the guy needs to breathe."  This doesn't stop him.  "Ze.on!"

 

 

 

"Hey sis, this is Thomas and..."

 

 

 

"Yeah, Emmy has caught us up.  Matt and Hunter are on their way to the Treehouse so you've got the place to yourself for the rest of the week. Thomas you don't need to be here for..."

 

 

 

"Oh no, no.  I can't abandon you and Emmy on my first event.  I can catch up with Zeb, I mean Zeon later.  I've waited long enough.  Now you go."

 

 

 

Thomas orders Zeon with a small kiss and trots back to the kitchen wearing the cutest dopiest grin on his face.

 

 

 

"Hey Zeon.  Nice boner."  Zee calls out as she follows Thomas in.

 

 

 

Cara gasps in shock.

 

 

 

"Jeez Zee!"  He calls back mortified; she pokes her head out the door.  "Went down though, didn't it?"

 

 

 

"Fuck you!"  He calls out as he saunters out grinning.

 

 

 

"You'll get used to that, um, I believe they call it banter."  I tell Cara.

 

 

 

"I don't banter like that with my brother."  She mumbles as she heads back to her desk.

 

 

 

E&ZHoD - THURSDAY MID-AFTERNOON

 

 

 

ZEE

 

 

 

These last two days have been a whirlwind...and a good one!  First, the brunch party was a great success. It was our first one, and we've got more bookings from that.  Thomas and Emmy Lou really work the crowd well, leaving me to do my cooking thing. Thank fuck for that, as I really hated that part of it.

 

 

 

Secondly, Zeon is back in Thomas's life but now he's gone again.  Seems they didn't get time to catch up but did manage to talk properly.  He's flown back to Italy to close up his apartment and will be staying with him at his house.

 

 

 

So of course all thoughts of the BroHouse have gone out his window for now, much to Zeus's annoyance, so he's overseeing the work.

 

 

 

Thirdly, while we've not made much of an inroad into finding a trail that leads up from Copthorne to him.  The money for Taylor has arrived but it's just sitting there. We're taking bets as to whether he moves it to his personal account or keep it in business.  His accounts look a little shonky though...so we've let Tobias know.

 

 

 

And fourthly, much to Faal's delight, Justin's next show in a couple of weeks, which was going to be in San Fran, is now going to be in Paris and we're catering it so naturally the entire family is going to go.   But not my brothers, I've told them that they have to sort the house out and that clashes with scheduling. I've told them that if they do the mancave they will be buried in it.

 

 

 

"You know where I saw that expression last?"  Emmy Lou is asking me.

 

 

 

"No."  I replies teasingly.  "Oh wait, I know.  Tuesday post-snogfest."

 

 

 

"Ah yes.  Now seriously, you have to start packing for tomorrow and Thomas needs...Thomas for the love of Liza!"  Emmy sighs exasperatedly, waving his hand in front of his face.

 

 

 

"He curves to the right a bit.  One ball is bigger than the other...and his hot spot is..."

 

 

 

"For the love of God how do you know that about your brother?!"  Thomas shrieks.

 

 

 

"I don't.  But it got your attention didn't it?"  I reply smoothly.  "Right now that you're with us again, let's sort the food for the flight tomorrow.  So we have three loaves, the fixings for the toast and the champagne and Bloody Mary mix."

 

 

 

"Right, but why do you have three of the loaves?"  Emmy Lou and I just stare at him.  "Oh yes Faal.  Sorry what was I thinking?  I still can't believe he ate an entire loaf by himself."

 

 

 

"Okay, I will see you gorgeous boys on Saturday, no I mean Sunday. Oh where are we?"

 

 

 

"With the girls."  Emmy Lou reminds me.  "My girls and I are on food."

 

 

 

"Cheers lovely.  I'm off, we're at the Chambers again.  Justin has already booked the Full Harvest Body Ritual and then we'll fly back Saturday evening."

 

 

 

TREEHOUSE - THURSDAY EARLY EVENING

 

 

 

OFFICE

 

 

 

ZEUS

 

 

 

She's getting frustrated because she can't get to Copthorne.  I think I have to make her stop working on it as she's been using language that I've never heard before.  Although I have worked out that neuken means fuck in Dutch.

 

 

 

"I mean it Zay...Zee; leave this be!  Let's close it down and you can take your frustrations out on them tomorrow night.  Why aren't all the family going by the way?"

 

 

 

She snorts with laughter.  "Jen and Debs couldn't be trusted not to cold-cock the pair of them on sight.  So it's just me, Faal, Brian, Justin and Hunter's dads.  Right we're done.  Time for food."

 

 

 

Heading to the kitchen, she opens the tub of giant prawns and lobster tails.  And it smells heavenly.

 

 

 

"What we having with them?"

 

 

 

"Fries and a salad...can you do the wine?  Bubbles for the boys and red wine for me."

 

 

 

"Sacrilege to have red wine with fish or seafood."  I shudder and again with the snort.

 

 

 

"You put what you want in your mouth and I'll put what I want in mine...not a word Usez!"

 

 

 

I stop reaching for the wine in surprise. She's not called me that in years, and I didn't realise how much I missed it until now.  The realisation dawns on her too and we just stare at each other for a bit.

 

 

 

"Come here ZayZay."  She sniffles against my chest.  "My ZayZay, mine."

 

 

 

"I'm serious though... if you put a mancave in I will bury you in it."  She mumbles.

 

 

 

"I know."

 

 

 

"Right, now let's get this food sorted out and obviously you will need keys to the Brownstone and..."

 

 

 

"No ZayZay, speak to Faal first okay?"  I interrupt her.  "Want to grill or deep fry?"

 

 

 

"Grill...in a minute."  She sighs from my arms.

 

 

 

Faal smiles a small smile and makes his way quietly through the kitchen.

 

 

 

PLANE TO NEW YORK - FRIDAY MORNING

 

 

 

BEN

 

 

 

Hunter and Matt called when they landed safely and are at the small condo, where we're staying.  I can't believe how happy I am still.  Taylor did fuss a bit last night because she couldn't come but she's at Squirrel Hill with the girls and Gus is at the Brownstone with the boys.

 

 

 

"Okay breakfast!  We have beetroot and feta sourdough or PB&J French toast with peanut brittle and of course either bubbles or Bloody Marys.  So help yourselves."  Faal tells us.

 

 

 

Zee has been quiet since she got on the plane.  I look at Faal but he smiles reassuringly.

 

 

 

"They hugged."  I look a bit puzzled.  "Zee and Zeus hugged last night.  She didn't want to let go."

 

 

 

"Oh that's great."  I look across at her and she's chuckling over something.  "What do you think she's up to, tonight I mean?"

 

 

 

"No idea but it will be fun to watch."

 

 

 

I snicker and look to the back of the plane where I see Brian hustling Justin into the bedroom.  Faal and I just shake our heads.  Though I've heard that Faal and Zee are slightly chagrined that they are catching up with them in the fucking-on-the-plane stakes already and they've had the plane two years!

 

 

 

BRIAN

 

 

 

This PB&J French toast is delicious.  Well it's delicious when I'm tasting it second hand from Justin mouth.  I'm currently chasing a piece of peanut brittle.

 

 

 

"Hah!"  I crow after I sucked it slowly out of his mouth.  

 

 

 

"You distracted me!"  He tries to pout.

 

 

 

"How did I distract you?"  I object and start on his shirt and nibble his neck.  And then slap his hands away.  "Loser is the only one to get naked."

 

 

 

I kiss down to his nipples and suck on them until he's squirming and running his fingers through my hair, even though I know they are covered in the remains of French toast.  I start to kiss my way down when there's a tapping.

 

 

 

"You've got 15 minutes guys then you have to get back to your seats!"  Steve shouts through the door.

 

 

 

"Blow you now; fuck you later?"  I waggle my eyebrows and he nods.

 

 

 

I take my husband down whole and within 5 minutes he's almost pulling my hair out.

 

 

 

"Brian!  Oh!  Just, just one finger...please!"  I oblige and he squeals his release and drums his feet on the bed arching his back.

 

 

 

I slide up to share and he sighs happily.  "I can't wait for the showing tonight...both of them."

 

 

 

"Guys back to your seats now!"  Steve shouts.

 

 

 

LUTHER STARK'S NO. 2 CONDO

 

 

 

TALON

 

 

 

This is going to be a good day.  Grady will be here later but first we have our appointments. I'm especially looking forward to Michael's ...oh yes today is going to be a good day!

 

 

 

"Are you both ready?"  I smile at them and lead them into the car.  "Now what's going to happen later is that the car will pick you up at five and drop you at the main condo for drinks and give you a chance to meet Grady and then we go to MoMA."

 

 

 

"I don't see why I have to go too. It's not as if I need anything done."  Michael gripes.

 

 

 

Lindsay and I exchange looks, which of course the idiot doesn't notice.  Luckily the rest of the journey is quick and he keeps his trap shut, though he does keep casting looks at me. If I wasn't thinking of the bigger picture, they would have had me knocking his eyes through the roof of his skull.

 

 

 

"We're here."  I smile at them and lead them into the Metamorphosis Spa.  "Now Michael, this is Jorge he will be your beautician for the day and Lindsay and I will be upstairs.  Enjoy."

 

 

 

MEN'S SPA

 

 

 

MICHAEL

 

 

 

I'm being inspected by Jorge.

 

 

 

"Tsk-tsk.  The pores oh dear."  Jorge sighs.  "I've been in apartments smaller than these.  Sir please do not frown! It makes the examination a little difficult.  Now sir, exactly what do you do to cleanse your face?"

 

 

 

"Soap and water of course."

 

 

 

"And..."

 

 

 

"And that's it.  What else would I use?"

 

 

 

He doesn't say anything to that.  "Please strip down."

 

 

 

"Uh why?"  I demand carefully.

 

 

 

"Full body treatment means you need to be naked sir."

 

 

 

"Oh I see.  Where do I get changed?"  He points to a cubicle and once inside I swiftly change into the robe.

 

 

 

"Now first we open the pores with a steam and then we get on with the rest of it."

 

 

 

Ten minutes later, I'm wincing as he does an extraction but he looks pleased with himself.  I feel like I've been jabbed by a thousand hot needles.

 

 

 

"Next the dry body brushing to remove the dead skin.  This is tandem brushing."  Jorge advises and clicks his fingers. Two other men come in.

 

 

 

Five minutes later I'm being reminded not to flinch as I feel like I'm being sandpapered.

 

 

 

"Now sir, if you would like to follow me and lie down on your front."

 

 

 

I feel like a piece of meat on a slab but apparently my back passed the test as I have to turn on my front.  And then there's silence as all three of them look at me.

 

 

 

"Okay the chest is not too bad but that needs to go."  Jorge decrees.  "Now let's start on the eyebrows"

 

 

 

"Wait, what about my eye...owww!  What the fuck have you just done?!"  I scream as wax is applied to my face and swiftly ripped away.

 

 

 

"Oh yes much better.  Ooh nipple hair."

 

 

 

"Nip...what the fuck are you doing?!"  I scream as again wax is applied and ripped away.

 

 

 

"Sir it will help if you stay still."  Jorge applies a cooling gel to my chest and it feels so good.

 

 

 

"Now we are going to do some trimming.  So this means you have to keep absolutely still sir."

 

 

 

I relax as I regularly trim so that's not a problem.  "Oh that's much better it makes everything so much better."  Jorge mutters

 

 

 

I was about to ask him what he was talking about when I felt hot wax being applied quickly to my crotch before I could stop them.  I yelp and leap off the table flapping my hands at my crotch.

 

 

 

"What the fuck are you doing?!"  I yell at them and try to wipe the wax off my crotch but I manage to get some of it on my cock.

 

"Sir, you need to lie back down before the wax...no sir stop touching the wax as it will stick to you...sir please it is starting to cool that will make it harder to remove."

 

 

 

"You stay the fuck away from me you sadist!"  I'm hopping up and down as it still hot.

 

 

 

"Sir no!  Don't flap about like that or...yeah that will happen."

 

 

 

I look down and find that my cock is now stuck to my abdomen.  "Do something!"  I demand.

 

 

 

"Well sir the only way out of this is to apply more wax I'm afraid."

 

 

 

"Can't you just cut round the wax?!"  I almost screech as I pull my fingers off my thigh.

 

 

 

"I'm afraid not.  Now sir, if you could come back to the table and let's get this over and done with..."

 

 

 

"Wait, wax dissolver!  I've heard of that. Can't you use that?!"  I plead.

 

 

 

"No sir, that's a myth. Never heard of it and a spa of this calibre would have heard of it.  Now just sit back and try to relax.  I'm sorry but this is needs further application to remove what's already there..."

 

 

 

I'm in tears as they apply more wax and take their time ripping it off as gently as they could.  By the time they finish I'm as bald as a plucked chicken and red as a tomato from front to back.

 

 

 

"Here sir, this salve should help soothe you.  I would advise you not to engage in any activities that would chafe the area at all."

 

 

 

"I'm not paying for this!"  I sniffle and wince as my boxers brush against my skin.

 

 

 

"Of course sir.  And as a further goodwill gesture, we have provided you with pair of sweatpants so that there's no further chafing."

 

 

 

"Yes that's the least you can do!"  I snatch the sweats from him and put them on and then head upstairs.

 

 

 

I end up waiting for another 20 minutes for Lindsay to come to reception.

 

 

 

"Michael what is it?  I've got a facial in a few minutes."

 

 

 

"I'm going back to the condo.  This has been horrible.  Where's the car?"

 

 

 

"Let me get Talon."

 

 

 

Ten minutes later she saunters towards me.  "I've called the car it will be outside in 5 minutes."

 

 

 

"I'll wait outside then."  I snipe and stomp outside.

 

 

 

TALON

 

 

 

I wait until he's outside and head downstairs.   "Jorge, sweetie, you here?"

 

 

 

"Oh yes I am my darling.  As per your request he got the full works.  And here my darling is the USB port.  What are you going to with it?"

 

 

 

I smile and pocket the port.  "I'm sure I'll think of something.  Now I've got to get back."

 

 

 

LUTHER'S CONDO - EARLY EVENING

 

 

 

LOUNGE

 

 

 

LUTHER

 

 

 

Well, Grady is looking good. Just under six foot and looks like a cross between Will Smith and Sidney Poitier.  Still can't understand why she chose him over Grady.  Talon is looking beautiful.

 

 

 

"So who are these people that we're going with?"  Grady asks.

 

 

 

"Lindsay Peterson, who knows art and Michael Novotny, who doesn't."  Talon replies sipping her drink.  "Oh there's the door.  I'll just go and get them."

 

 

 

"Honey that's what Ralph's for.  Let him do his job."

 

 

 

"Ms Peterson and Mr Novotny sir."

 

 

 

Lindsay is looking great in a lovely grey dress and he's looking surprisingly smart but walking funny.

 

 

 

"I'm Grady, nice to meet you Lindsay.  Luther you lied.   You said pretty, this lady is beautiful."

 

 

 

Lindsay goes pink and simpers as he kisses her hand.

 

 

 

"I'm Michael, Lindsay's best friend."  He holds out his hand.

 

 

 

Grady smiles at him too.  "Now aren't you a handsome devil.  Nice to meet you."

 

 

 

"Ralph serve them drinks."  I order.  "Whatever you like."

 

 

 

"A glass of champagne for me Ralph."  Lindsay is transfixed by Grady as I thought she might be.

 

 

 

"Double beam."  Michael states.  "No ice."

 

 

 

"We don't have Beam sir.  But..."

 

 

 

"Can't you..."

 

 

 

"We don't have time for that. I'm sure we'll be able to get you one at the showing."  Talon interrupts.  "Now have some champagne and then we can head off."

 

 

 

Ten minutes later we are heading off with Grady leading Lindsay and I'm saddled with Michael who has an odd expression on his face.

 

 

 

"Talon come on honey!"  I call out to her.

 

 

 

"Be right there Sweetums!"  She calls back.

 

 

 

TALON

 

 

 

I really want to rip that fucker's head off.  I've always liked Ralph and treated him with respect and the fact that it feels he can talk to him like that is, as Zee would put it, clanking my chain.

 

 

 

"Sorry Ralph I..."

 

 

 

He waves away my apologies.  "Oh don't worry Miss Talon.  I'm used to it and have my own little way of making Master Luther's guests sorry.  Now enjoy your evening and ‘Sweetums' a nice touch.  Sickening but nice."

 

 

 

I grin at him.  "How sorry?"

 

 

 

"Very.  Goodnight Miss Talon."

 

 

 

"Goodnight Ralph."

 

 

 

MoMA - PEARLMAN SHOWING

 

 

 

HUNTER

 

 

 

I can't believe we have our first showing in New York and here of all places.  Miranda has almost thrown up twice.  The show has an Argentinean slant as per his request as does the food.

 

 

 

People are arriving and I'm keeping an ear out for the arrival of part of the family.  Grandma wanted to come but grandpa said no as he doesn't know anybody in the New York Police Department that could get her out of jail quickly; same for Grandmom Jen.

 

 

 

The place is filling up quickly and the family has arrived.  Justin looks a little tense as he always does as the beginning of these things so they're still at the table until he feels a bit more relaxed.

 

 

 

Uncle Luc is at my side.  "How you feeling son?  You know where your marks are?"

 

 

 

I nod. I've done my usual thing of placing dad, papa, Faal and Uncle Luc in places where I can see them before the speeches.  I only need them until I get about five minutes in and then I'm fine.  Miranda is taking the group questions afterwards.

 

 

 

I walk round and come to a halt.  Lindsay is here with three other people.  Matt makes a kind of strangled noise.

 

 

 

"Matt you okay?  Oh wait is that your dad?"  He nods.  "Oh Faal's much better looking and kinder much, much kinder and that's all you need."

 

 

 

LINDSAY

 

 

 

I'm trying to find Melody Reichmann but I can't seem to find her.

 

 

 

"This has been curated beautifully.  Whoever, Melody recommended to do this has an excellent eye..."

 

 

 

"Thank you Lindsay."  I stiffen at the sound of Hunter's voice.

 

 

 

"Hunter?  You?  You curated this show?"

 

 

 

"Yes and Miranda and I are hosting.  Charles Pearlman will be doing a Q&A before dinner with of course Lucian Stark, who owns that...oh wait, sorry- Zee owns that lovely piece you've been admiring." I clench my glass of champagne tightly as he continues.  "Won't you introduce me to your companions, except this guy? I know who he is.  The others not so much."

 

 

 

"Hunter Bruckner.  This is Luther Stark, Talon Stark-Kho and Grady Holster.  I'm curious as to how you know Grady."

 

 

 

"Seen a picture of him.  Matt gets his beauty, inside and out from his mom.  His ugly temper must be from you."  I sneer at him.

 

 

 

"Now just..."

 

 

 

"What no Michael?  I'm surprised you and your sycophant could bear to be parted from each other.  Now excuse me, I have a show to host."

 

 

 

He turns and strides across the room.  "What the hell was that about?"  Luther demands.

 

 

 

"I didn't know he would be here!"  I protest and then I spot Melody.  "Excuse me, I just need to speak to that lady over there. I'll be right back.  Grady, can you go and check on Michael please?  He's been gone a long time."

 

 

 

GRADY

 

 

 

I head to the bathroom and I find Michael mopping his face.  "You okay?"

 

 

 

"Yes thanks... face just feels a little hot that's all."

 

 

 

"So who's Hunter Bruckner?  He asked about you and..."

 

 

 

"Hunter?  Hunter's here?  He's my son and he's dating..."

 

 

 

"Correction he was your son. He's been emancipated from you.  Now excuse me, I'm going to support my son."

 

 

 

I look to Michael for an explanation but he's too busy glowering at the closing door.  "Michael?"

 

 

 

"Oh sorry, Grady.  That's the man that my husband cheated on me with and he's..."

 

 

 

"Michael stop spouting shit.  The only dishonest person in that relationship was you."

 

 

 

Whoever that guy is, is gorgeous.  And judging by the expression on Michael's expression he thinks the same.

 

 

 

"Brian!  What are you doing here?"

 

 

 

"Leaving your company."  He strides out without a backward glance.

 

 

 

"Who was that?"  I breathe.

 

 

 

"Brian Kinney.  He's my best friend. We're just going through a rough patch at the moment."

 

 

 

"Oh right.  You ready to head back out?"

 

 

 

MICHAEL

 

 

 

I nod and follow him out. I'm still in pain from the treatment this morning.  And also my stomach feels funny.  We go back to join Luther and Talentless as I've taken to calling her when she's not around.

 

 

 

Lindsay comes back from wherever she was, looking annoyed.  "I couldn't find Melody. No matter, we'll catch up after dinner, I'm...oh my God..."

 

 

 

We all turn around to see who she's looking at and it's Zee.

 

 

 

"What the hell is she doing here and talking to Melody Reichmann of all people!"

 

 

 

"Is this the same woman who you need an in with?"  Talentless asks.

 

 

 

"I have an in with her."  Lindsay responds testily.  "Let's walk around a bit more."

 

 

 

"Zee looks great."  Grady replies.  "She still married to that dude?"

 

 

 

Before either of us could reply, Matt has made his way over to her and is grabbed into a hug.

 

 

 

"I want to say hello to my boy.  I'll join you in a minute."  Grady takes a glass of champagne and heads in their direction.

 

 

 

"I agree let's all go over."  Luther follows him over with Talentless.

 

 

 

ZEE

 

 

 

Faal is talking to Brian and Justin.  Melody has just gone and judging by the way Matt is tensing up either his dad or grandfather or both are coming over.

 

 

 

"Zaden, Matt how are you?"  Grady sounds as annoying as ever.

 

 

 

"Before you arrived, just fine."  Matt replies coldly.

 

 

 

"Now you listen to me boy, you will be polite to your father."  Luther demands.

 

 

 

"And as soon as he arrives I will do so.  Mom, I'm going see Hunter."

 

 

 

"Okay."

 

 

 

"Aren't you going to say hello to me?"  Grady asks.

 

 

 

"Nope.  Talon you look well.  Nice dress."

 

 

 

"Thanks Zaden.  No Faal?"

 

 

 

"He's over there speaking to a couple of friends of ours."

 

 

 

"I see."

 

 

 

Lindsay smirks.  "I had no idea that Uptown was hosting this event.  Charles must be..."

 

 

 

"Zee, excuse the interruption..."  Melody smiles.  "This is Charles Pearlman, Charles Pearlman this is Zaden, but I call her Zee, she owns the Caperstocht."

 

 

 

"It's a pleasure to meet you Zaden.  Now about the Caperstocht, how can I persuade you to let us have it for 6 months?"

 

 

 

"Nice to meet you too.  Call me Zee and you just did, have at it.  Uncle Luc and Aunt Dee look after the art he's left to me, so contact him if you need to borrow any of them."

 

 

 

"Are you serious?"  Charles gasps.

 

 

 

"Yep, have absolutely no interest in art whatsoever.  Uncle Luc calls me a heathen.  But I'm here for my boys..."

 

 

 

"Boys?"  Grady asks.  "You had another kid with him?"

 

 

 

"No."

 

 

 

"Aren't you going to say hello to me?"  Luther demands.

 

 

 

"No."

 

 

 

"Has she always been this childish?"  Lindsay smirks.

 

 

 

"Not the c-word I'd use for her."  Michael snarks.

 

 

 

"Oh do feel free to tell me what c-word you would use Michael?"  I turn to him and he says nothing.

 

 

 

"Zee, seriously?"  Charles asks again. I nod smile as he makes a beeline for Uncle Luc.

 

 

 

Melody smiles at his departing back.  "I think you have just made his day or maybe year!  Now if you'll excuse me, I need to circulate."

 

 

 

Luther clears his throat.  "Now then.  Zaden, I suggest you grow up and learn from Lindsay how to conduct yourself in..."

 

 

 

"Oh shut up."  I snap.  "And be a dipshit elsewhere. I'm here to support my boys, watch and learn."

 

 

 

He opens his mouth in shock and out of the corner of my eye I see Talon smirk.  "And as for you three, ruin this evening for Hunter and I will eviscerate you."

 

 

 

"Zee.  My lig."  He kisses the side of my neck and squeezes my hand.  "Show's about to start."

 

 

 

Lindsay snorts.  "This should be interesting.  Hunter and Miranda were under my tutelage whilst I was in Pitts..."

 

 

 

"Your tutelage Lindsay?   How interesting.  Since I am the manager of both Uptown and Bloom, where you were fired from.  I don't remember that version of events."  Lydia interrupts her.

 

 

 

"Zee, aren't you going to introduce me to your friends?"  She smiles at me, I love this woman!

 

 

 

"No, oh wait, Lydia Glendale, this is Talon Stark-Kho, Talon this is Lydia. She used to be Lindsay's boss in Pittsburgh."

 

 

 

"Oh, nice to meet you."

 

 

 

"Ladies and gentlemen, ladies and gentlemen, your attention please.  My name is Hunter Bruckner and this is Miranda Glendale and we are your hosts for the Pearlman Show.  This show covers the Argentinean artists from 1889-1998 and..."

 

 

 

By the time they're finished there's rousing applause.  Lydia, Steve and Ben have tears of pride in their eyes.

 

 

 

Talon turns to her.  "So Lindsay, in your expert artistic opinion how was he?  Judging by the applause, I would say he's done excellently.  Now if you'll excuse me I just need to powder my nose."

 

 

 

"Ladies and gentlemen, dinner is about to be served."  Miranda announces.

 

 

 

"What the...what's your coat tag number lig?"

 

 

 

"47 why?"  I look at him confused as he replies to the text.  His phone beeps seconds later and he excuses himself.

 

 

 

"Did I miss much?"  Talon asks.

 

 

 

"No they're just announcing the tables."  Lindsay tells her.  "It looks like we're number 5, which number are you Zee?"

 

 

 

Before I could reply, I feel Luther's hand at my elbow.

 

 

 

"Please take your hand off my wife."   Faal growls.

 

 

 

"Watch how you talk to me..."

 

 

 

"Faal it's okay."  Luther stiffens.  

 

 

 

"Take your hand off my little one.  Now Luther."

 

 

 

"Lucian, she is..."

 

 

 

"My little one.  I said now."

 

 

 

He lets go and turns to face Uncle Luc, who may be younger but can take him physically and financially and he knows that.

 

 

 

"Zee, they've just about to announce our table."  Brian drapes an arm round my shoulders.

 

 

 

"Sure, oh Brian this is Talon Stark-Kho, Talon this is Brian."

 

 

 

"Nice to..."

 

 

 

"So you are Brian Kinney, Michael's..."  Grady begins.

 

 

 

"Taylor-Kinney and I'm not Michael's anything.  Or hers."  Brian snarks.  "Talon nice to meet you too."

 

 

 

TALON

 

 

 

I have to bite the inside of my cheek to stop from laughing at the incredulous looks on their faces.

 

 

 

"Now that is a fine looking man."  I murmur to Lindsay.

 

 

 

"He is but he's gay and married, though I can't see that lasting..."

 

 

 

"Married? Pity."  I mutter.

 

 

 

Michael grimaces "Yes to Justin Taylor or the..."

 

 

 

"Oh my goodness, Justin Taylor! The Justin Taylor as in the artist?"  I gasp although I know this already.  "Luther, you must be delighted.  His pieces appreciate in value so much!"

 

 

 

"You have a Justin Taylor, Luther?"  Lindsay grins at him.  "I found him you know."

 

 

 

Luther's expression is now priceless.  Yeah you suck on that Mr. Homophobe!

 

 

 

"Uh Lindsay."  Michael is trying to get her attention.  "Lindsay!"

 

 

 

"What is it?  And lower you voice."  She hisses.

 

 

 

"Isn't that your..."

 

 

 

"Oh crap!"  Zee suddenly exclaims.  "I can't believe I almost forgot!"

 

 

 

"Forgot what?"  Brian asks.

 

 

 

"Anniversary.  Hunter and Matt's anniversary!"

 

 

 

"Hunter and Matt's..."  Luther sputters.

 

 

 

"No, it's covered my lig. We're sending them to South Africa, to the Glasshouse for four days."

 

 

 

Grady and Luther wince as Zee pulls him down for a sweet kiss.  Lindsay gets a pinched expression on her face too.

 

 

 

"Can we have the guests for Table 3 please?"

 

 

 

"That's us."  Zee turns swiftly and heads to her table.

 

 

 

LINDSAY

 

 

 

I can't believe that she's on Table 3!

 

 

 

"I can't believe how they just conducted themselves just now!"  Luther hisses.

 

 

 

"Can we have the guests for Table 5 please?"

 

 

 

"Come on let's go and sit down."

 

 

 

And of course we're right next to her table.  But unlike her table, ours is fully occupied.

 

 

 

"It's a shame you don't have the full complement of guests Zee, such a shame."  I call across smugly.

 

 

 

"Oh but I do.  They're just talking to Melody and Franklin."

 

 

 

"Of course they are, Zee of course they are."

 

 

 

I turn back and start to talk to Grady, who is a fascinating person and I do believe I can feel his hand on my thigh.  I smile at him and cover his hand with mine.

 

 

 

"Lindsay, Michael we had no idea you would be here!"  I'm startled by mother's voice.

 

 

 

"Mother, daddy what are you doing here!  It's nice to see you.  Though we..."

 

 

 

Mother interrupts with a wave of her hand.  "Not now, we don't Lindsay.  I'm Nancy and this is my husband Ronald, as you've heard we're Lindsay's parents."

 

 

 

I swiftly introduce them to everyone.  "Can you join our table?  I'm sure that Michael..."

 

 

 

"Oh no dear that wouldn't do. Besides we're just here with Millie and Harold."

 

 

 

I gape as they take their seats at Zee's table.  "Like I said, my table is full."  She calls back to me.

 

 

 

For the rest of the dinner, I barely eat and Michael is glowering at me.  Why?  I have no idea.

 

 

 

Charles taps his glass.  "And now ladies and gentlemen in honour of the Argentinean theme of the evening, we would like to introduce Carlos and Carmela Martinez who will dance the dance of Love and Passion, also known as the tango."

 

 

 

When they finish there is rousing applause.  "Now those who feel brave enough please step to the floor and be instructed in the art of tango."

 

 

 

"Would you like to try Lindsay?"  Grady asks.

 

 

 

"Yes, yes I would."

 

 

 

I take his hand and whilst we dance I feel like a princess.  He needs some guidance but still I feel like a princess.

 

 

 

GRADY

 

 

 

As we head back to the table, Zee and Faal pass us.   Lindsay and I chuckle and Luther smirks.

 

 

 

The music starts again.  As we watch Faal pull her into his arms, he shakes his head at the instructor, and for the next five minutes the room is quiet as they dance.  Or more accurately fuck with their clothes on, he dips and twirls her and not once did they lose eye contact.  I've always hated that guy!

 

 

 

"Wow."  Talon breathes.  "Now that was hot."

 

 

 

"If you like that kind of thing."  Lindsay sniffs.

 

 

 

"Only the dead wouldn't like that kind of thing."  Talon smirks.

 

 

 

"Excuse me, I need to have a word with my parents."

 

 

 

"Lindsay we are not discussing this.  We've made our decision as explained in the note.  I said no Lindsay.  Now return to your table before you make a bigger fool out of yourself!"  I hear her mother hiss at her.

 

 

 

"Oh wait Lindsay, just one other thing."  A woman at the table calls her back.  "Withdraw your suit or the courts will be the least of your problems.  Melody and I will make it so that nobody on the eastern seaboard will hire you."

 

 

 

"But Mill..."

 

 

 

"Mrs. Foster Brown to you.  Now think about what I've said.  And realise that you only got this invitation because Zee asked Melody so that you could see what you've lost."

 

 

 

"Wha..."

 

 

 

"Now go back to your table.  And send someone to the men's room to check on Michael. Apparently he's making the most oddest of noises."

 

 

 

"I'll go."  I tell her and head to see what's wrong.

 

 

 

MEN'S ROOM

 

 

 

BRIAN

 

 

 

Justin is currently bouncing up and down on my lap and we're locked in a passionate kiss in an effort to keep the noise down.  Luckily the noise of someone else groaning in the next cubicle is helping though judging by his whimpering, he's not having half as much fun as we are.

 

 

 

"Oh God oh God oh God!"  Justin whispers hotly in my ear.  "So close, so good, need to, need to."

 

 

 

I can feel my balls tightening and lift him up.  "Hold on."  I whisper back, he tightens his legs round my waist and his arms round my neck and with one hand braced the door I thrust up sharply and he clamps down immediately.

 

 

 

"Yes!  Yes!"  He hisses into my ear and bites down on my neck.

 

 

 

"Mmm!  Mmm...oh baby!  Oh my God!"  I groan quietly and sink back down onto the toilet seat, slowly we catch our breath.

 

 

 

"Michael are you in here?"  Grady calls out.

 

 

 

"Y-yes."  He groans.  "Be right out."

 

 

 

"You okay?"

 

 

 

"Yeah.  Just have a bit of an upset stomach.  I still can't believe Lindsay was going to suggest that I move to accommodate her parents!  After the way they disowned us!"

 

 

 

"Us?  I thought that you were just friends?"

 

 

 

"We are, but her parents..."

 

 

 

"Got rid of the leeches that almost cost us our good name and our friends."  Ronald booms.

 

 

 

"Leeches?"

 

 

 

"Yes, leeches and we will help Millie in any way possible to make sure you two learn your...your fucking lesson!  Now excuse me."

 

 

 

There's silence for a few minutes and Justin and I try not to laugh.

 

 

 

"Michael, come on let's go back. The evening is wrapping up now."

 

 

 

We head back to the table to find everyone ready to go and we head to the cars.

 

 

 

OUTSIDE MoMA

 

 

 

LINDSAY

 

 

 

So this has been yet another humiliating experience.  Michael told me what happened in the bathroom.  Leeches? I can't believe he described me- his own daughter- as a leech.

 

 

 

Lucian and Dee come out first with Hunter, Matt, Steve and Ben, who don't even look in our direction.  "Guys we'll see you at the hotel tomorrow at 1100."

 

 

 

"Okay, text when you reach safely."  Brian calls back and then burst out laughing.  "Seriously Faal!"

 

 

 

We all turn to find Faal carrying Zee out without her shoes but wearing socks.

 

 

 

"What? She does the same thing every time but this time at least her feet are cashmere-warm and my shoes don't get trodden on."

 

 

 

"Zee, where did you get your shoes from?"  Talon heads over to them and takes them from her lap.  "Ralph and Russo, very nice.  Oh the car's here.  See ya."

 

 

 

Talon comes back to us tapping on her phone.  "Why on earth would you want to know where her shoes are from?"  I demand.

 

 

 

"Because she has immaculate taste in shoes...amongst other things."

 

 

 

Luther holds up his hand.  "Could you two bitch about shoes later and get in the damn car? This has been a horrible night!"

 

 

 

CAR SERVICE BACK TO CHAMBERS HOTEL

 

 

 

FAAL

 

 

 

Once we get in the car I start to laugh.

 

 

 

"What's so funny?"  Justin asks snuggling deeper into Brian's arms.

 

 

 

"She's leaving him."  I announce.

 

 

 

"What?!"  They all demand.

 

 

 

"Talon is leaving Luther."  I pull the blanket over Zee and hand the other to Brian.

 

 

 

"How the hell do you know that?"  Brian demands.

 

 

 

"She's replacing the jewellery with very good but useless copies. I know what to look for with fakes.  Oh and you need to check your coat pocket.  Zeus said she's left something there."

 

 

 

She finds the port and puts into the entertainment system and when we get to the part with Michael's cock stuck to his stomach.  Justin snickers.  "I can understand why Ben topped!"