Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

 

Justin shook as he and Brian walked to the front door. His hand having a death-grip on Brian’s. He wondered if he left the door closed, would that make the whole thing go away.

He felt Brian shutter before he opened the door. Once his eyes landed on the two uniformed men he did his best not to fall to the ground. On the other hand, he could feel Brian’s rage bubbling up.

“Can I fucking help you?” he snarled at the two sheriff’s deputies standing on his front steps.

“We are looking for Matthew Taylor-Kinney and Kenyon Taylor-Kinney.”

“Wait, they’re not here because of Anna?” he heard Sean ask from behind them.

“No, you moron, the Navy would be the ones coming to tell us about Anna,” Caleb sneered. If he wasn’t still shaking out of his skin, he would have laughed. Caleb was only fifteen but he seemed to think his fourteen-year-old brother, Sean, was too juvenile. But Justin liked Sean’s innocence, most of his other children had grown up much too fast for his taste.

“Go get Kenyon and Matt,” Brian bit out.

Both boys took off in the direction of the stairs. Hopefully, Matt would open his door for his brothers.

“What do you need our sons for?” Justin asked, his heart finally beating again.

“We have to question them involving a vandalism last night,” the rounder, shorter cop said.

“Don’t you think we have a little more on our minds than petty vandalism? Do you think those reporters are there because they want gardening tips?” Brian snapped pointing at the reporters just off their property.

Justin could tell Brian quickly losing his temper. It had been too much for him. The protector was stuck here feeling impotent. But Justin could tell it was making the cops jumpy. Brian was probably moments away from being cuffed himself.

“Brian, why don’t you try the state department again. I’ll take care of this.”

“Fine, but call Hunter if they try to take them.” He left the entryway after scowling at the cops and flipping off the reporters.

“Of course,” he yelled after his pissed off husband. Michael and Ben’s son Hunter was junior partner at one of the best law firms in Pittsburgh, it was tragic that Ben had passed away before Hunter graduated law school.

“Where were your sons last night at around eleven o’clock?”

“They’re adults, it was Friday night. They were out partying.” Though he hadn’t thought they were together. He thought Matthew went to Babylon with Carl. Carl was Matthew’s best friend and Carl Horvath’s grandson. Straight but they almost always went out together, it had slowed down some since Carl got married. Carl was five years older than Matthew anyway.


Matt walked slowly down the hallway, meeting Kenyon coming out of his room. He looked like death warmed over. With everything going on, he had completely forgotten about what they did the night before.

“If they have any evidence, just tell them it was me,” he whispered to Kenyon.

“No, it was both of us. That guy was an asshole and deserved to have his truck spray painted.”

Yesterday, he was on Liberty Avenue with Carl. Some tool in a white work truck pulled up beside them and asked how much they charged for a blowjob. He didn’t think the guy mistook them for rent boys, for one they weren’t even dressed to bring in clients. They had basketball shorts and tank tops on, because they were headed to the gym. For another reason, he’s six-three and two-twenty, that didn’t scream street kid. Yeah, he could still be a rent boy, but this guy wouldn’t be able to afford him. Carl wasn’t a pipsqueak either, he was six even with lean muscles. Rent boys looked like Justin in all his old pictures, he had heard all about his ‘father’s’ former profession, go-go boy. He probably worked the back of Babylon too. That meant this guy was just looking for someone to play ‘fuck with the fags’ with.

The guy was around forty, and looked chubby behind the wheel. So, he called the guy a closet case and started walking away. The guy got into a huff because of that and pulled over. After he got out of his truck, he thought he could seriously take them.


“What’s your problem?” Matt snarled. He was doing his best not to lay into the guy. Mostly, because he didn’t want his best friend to have to arrest him. Carl had just been hired on at Pittsburgh PD.

“Fags like you are my problem,” the man growled.

“Listen, sir. If I were you, I’d get back in my vehicle and drive away. You just propositioned a police officer. I’ll let you go with a verbal warning, don’t make me arrest you.”

Matt would like to see him try. He only had a duffle bag with street clothes. But the guy seemed to catch on that he was over his head and left.


“Let’s get this over with,” Kenyon said, bringing him out of his reverie.

When they got to the front door Justin was standing there, arguing with two uniformed sheriff’s deputies.

“Problem?” he asked ignoring Justin, who was standing by him now.

“Matthew or Kenyon?” the taller bucktoothed one asked.

“Matt,” he answered, glaring at them.

“Figures,” the short one snorted.

“What does that mean?” Justin asked.

“Nothing, just if I was going to guess which one was Matthew and which one would be Kenyon, I would guess right,” Rolly-Polly said.

“Listen, I don’t know who you think you are to speak to my children like that, but I don’t like it. I have ten children all together. All my children are proud of who they are, inside and out. I will not have someone put any of them down. If you want us to talk to you about this vandalism, call our lawyer. His name is Hunter Novotny-Bruckner. Now, useless you have a warrant for their arrests, get the hell off my property,” Justin roared before slamming the door in their faces.

“Umm…can you do that?” Matt asked, shocked as hell, he’d never seen his father speak like that to anyone let alone someone in authority.

“I’m not sure, we probably should tell your father and call Hunter. Because if they didn’t have a warrant before, they will soon. One question, did you two vandalize someone’s truck?”

Matt looked down at his feet, he felt like a little boy getting in trouble for peeing on the wall again. He had to go to therapy because of that. Well, at least that wouldn’t happen this time.

“Dad, okay, it was like this,” Kenyon said, wilting under their father’s glare.

“Don’t listen to him, I’ll tell you want happened,” he said. He would leave some more interesting parts off though.


“You’re just jealous,” Kenyon laughed at him.

They were headed to Babylon to dance. Carl’s new wife called him home, making it so he couldn’t come out and play. The boy was whipped.

“Bro, you’re asexual, you don’t even know you have a dick,” he said with a laugh.

“How many fucking times do I must explain asexuality to you,” Kenyon growled. “It’s not that I can’t have sex, it’s just I don’t fucking want it. The thought doesn’t disgust me but I’m just not sexually attracted to anyone. I don’t see a guy and think ‘that guy’s hot…I must have him’. Or a woman and think, ‘wow her breasts are appropriate for her body.’ I still hope to get married, just to someone that’s like me. Understand?”

“Not really. Breasts are appropriate for her body? What the hell?”

Kenyon laughed. “I was raised by and around a bunch of gay men, give me a break.”

“So, you aren’t attracted to anyone? Man, or woman?”

“No. I do have a sexual libido but just not the sexual attraction to go with it.”

“That seriously makes no sense to me.”

“I’ve had sex, I wanted to have sex. I just wasn’t sexually attracted to the person I had sex with. Get it?”

“Not in the slightest. Come on, people are going to miss me if I don’t get to Babylon soon.”

“I hope Jesse’s working tonight or we won’t be drinking,” Kenyon said, as they made their way to Babylon.

Their pop had given his bartenders an order that if they served any of his under drinking age children, they were fired. Luckily, Matt had fucked one of the bartenders, Jesse at the start of summer. He was hoping for another go, so he was willing to take on the wrath of Brian Kinney to stay on Matt’s good side.

“Lookie who it is,” a voice slurred.

Matt looked up at the douchebag from earlier, he was coming out of a bar on Dillard. They had to park there because there wasn’t a space on Liberty.

“Dude, call a cab and go home,” Matt said, not really wanted to deal with this tonight. The guy was hammered.

“You’re just a faggot, you can’t tell me what to do!” the man started to rush at him but the screeching of a car’s tires drew all of their attention.

A small, black car stopped right in middle of the road. The door opened and Matt froze. The most beautiful man got out of it, rushing towards them. He was a little thing, probably only about five-five. He had brown hair that was long enough that it was in his eyes. Sad blue eyes peeked out from behind his hair.

“Dad, please, I’ve been looking for you all night. Please come home,” the young guy begged.

“Don’t call me dad, no faggot is a son of mine,” he said, pushing the small guy to the ground.

If it wasn’t for Kenyon holding him back, he would have laid the guy out. The young guy got back up and brushed himself off, the shove didn’t seem to be anything new to him. It made him want to start tearing the fat bastard apart.

“Dad, please, just let me drive you home. Mom is worried.”

“I’ll drive my fucking self.”

“No, you won’t, you’ll let your son drive you. Or we call the police. Which is it?” Kenyon asked. Kenyon was five-ten but built well because of baseball.

The man seemed to realized he was in a no win situation. So, he got into the car with help from his son. Matt didn’t want the boy to go with the piece of trash, but he couldn’t stop him either.

As soon as the two were gone, the love spell the younger one had on him seemed to fade some. What was he thinking? He didn’t believe in love at first sight. But…if he did, that’s how it would feel.

“I got an idea,” he told Kenyon.

“That’s never been good to hear you say.”

They went back to their car and pulled out the spray paint can they had used earlier in the week on Avery’s treehouse. They went back and found the man’s truck, the same one he was in earlier. They spray painted ‘homophobe’ and ‘little dick’ all over it. Kenyon decided he wanted to head home after that, he called a cab to take him home. Matt went to Babylon finally and found someone to help him forget about the sad, blue eyes that he had seen on the beautiful boy he had seen.

He smiled to himself before he fell asleep. That asshole was going to have a fit when he saw his truck. The guy could go and fuck himself, fuck him and his stupid construction company. Hobbs Construction, what a stupid name.

 

Chapter End Notes:

I'll go more into it, but to answer the question I'm sure will be asked. No, no ones told them about the bashing. Gus knows but also knows that they don't want the rest to know. He doesn't know the name of the man who bashed Justin though. That secret had stayed one.

 

I know there is a spectrum levels of asexuals, I hope no one gets offended by how I wrote Kenyon.