Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

Reece was finishing up the hallway, the things people threw on the ground at a church. He shook his head, it was disgusting. His mind went back to earlier when Julian had dropped him off. He had given him a toe curling kiss. He wasn’t ready to move on to sex yet, but he did see it on the horizon. Julian was everything he had ever wanted in a man. Gorgeous, sweet, smart, a little dangerous, he was the whole package. After Ethan, he thought he would never trust again, but Hobbs made him want to move on with his life. Letting fear overcome him was letting the son-of-a-bitch win. He still couldn’t believe the news that his grandfather killed him. But he was just glad it wasn’t his fathers, which he had suspected for a time.

“Reece, can you come to my office for a moment?” Phil asked.

Reece did his best not to jump, he hadn’t realized Phil walked into the hallway.

“Sure thing, Phil. Just let me finish here.”

After he finished cleaning the area, he walked down the hall to where Phil’s office was. He tapped on the door.

“Come in,” the man said.

Reece walked in and went to sit down.

“Please, shut the door before you sit.”

Reece thought it was odd because they were the only ones in the church but shut the door anyway. Sitting down, he tried his best not to bit his nails, it was an ugly habit he did when he was nervous. He hoped that he wasn’t about to get fired, he worked hard. It wasn’t the most exciting job but it did give him pocket change.

Phil just sat staring at him for a while, it was making him uncomfortable. “Am I in trouble?” he asked.

“No, why would you think that?”

“Because you never called me in here before?”

“Well, now that you are working here, I was hoping I would see you more.”

“Oh, I do my job really quick.”

“I see that, but when I hired you I thought you would be here more.”

“Why?”

“Because you need the money, right?”

“Yeah, but even if I worked here more I wouldn’t get much. Lindsay told me that the church was going through a rough patch.”

“The Lord will see us through. But I wanted to talk about you. I have some money that you could earn.”

“I’m not following,” Reece said, confused.

When Phil stood up he got a whole lot less confused. His brother’s stepfather was standing in front of him with his half hard prick hanging out of his trousers. “I was hoping we could make an arrangement.”

“You’re mistaken. I’m gonna head out for the day, and this is my notice.”

He stood up the leave. “I wouldn’t leave if I were you.”

“Why not?”

“I saw who dropped you off today. And that little display in front of the church. What do you think would happen if his superiors found out he was seeing you and working on the Hobbs case?” Reece realized Phil thought was a beat cop or detective. Not someone that had a bit of pull himself on the job.

“Why are you doing this? You hate gays, remember?”

“Let’s just say Lindsay isn’t doing her wifely duty much anymore. She thought you working here would help everyone out. If you’re anything like your father, you have a mouth for it.”

Reece stopped, glaring at him. He was trying to digest his aunt basically giving him to her husband. It was too hurtful to think about that betrayal, he went with the easier subject. “My father would never.”

“You really are naïve. Back in the day, Brian and Justin didn’t care who they fucked. Justin spent most of his time on his knees in the back room of Babylon, at least before he was legally allowed to vote. He would do whatever to make Brian pay attention to him, or should I say whoever.”

“You’re lying. They would say something if that was true.”

“Let me spell this out for you. Your father’s had more cocks in his mouth that Colonel Sanders. Now, on your knees.”

Reece was shocked about hearing this about his parents. Not that he was surprised, he had heard bits and pieces over the years. What really surprised him was this guy thought he would just go along with this. How Phil kept his secrets this long was odd, usually his pop was great at sniffing out men like him.

“Yeah, that’s not going to happen. Tell the police whatever you have to tell them. You are in big trouble, thankfully I don’t want to hurt Aunt Lindsay. You leave me alone and I’ll get out of your hair. Oh, if you pull this stunt again, I’ll make sure everyone knows. They don’t have to believe me, just saying it will probably ruin your rep.”

After he left he felt dirty and scared. He couldn’t believe he stood up with someone like that. He was shaking so much now. He called Julian and cancelled their date, went home and packed a bag and Harley’s things. He was going to see if his dads would lend him some money to get away for a couple days.


“So, what do you think?” Justin asked, eyeing his husband.

They had been home for only a day when Justin decided to drop the bomb on Brian. The whole thing made him feel on edge, but Brian was always good at calming him. Although now, Brian was staring at him like he had two heads.

“Let me get this straight. That little freak from twenty years ago is a serial killer? Not only that, the cops want you to get a confession on tape? Fuck no.”

“Brian please,” he started to say.

“No. Not just no but abso-fucking-lutly no. I always knew there was something off about that kid.”

“You never met him,” Justin pointed out.

“I didn’t have to meet him to know he was a psycho with that purple posse shit.”

“Pink,” Justin corrected. Brian shot him a glare that told him that he knew the right name.

Brian stood up from the kitchen table and started to pace. Everything about his posture told Justin he was seconds away from blowing, and not in the good way. It had all been too much. Michael’s accident. Chris’ murder. Justin’s supposed involvement. This was the last straw.

“He’ll kill again, I don’t think for a second he’s done with us yet. If we do this, he’s out of our hair forever,” Justin said, he knew it was the truth, Cody didn’t get his kill. After finding out that Craig killed Chris, he would want something to keep Justin’s mouth shut; the only way to do that was have Justin be an accessory to someone’s murder.

“Fine, if we do this I don’t want the kids around.”

Justin raised his eyebrows at the word ‘we’ but decided to let it go. “Where would they go?”

“The older kids can take care of themselves, even Reece seems to have a cop boyfriend now. But Caleb, Sean and Avery I want out of reach to this guy.”

“Reece has a boyfriend?” Justin asked, this was new information.

“Yes, that police lieutenant, Martinez. Gush over this shit later, first we need to make plans for the kids.”

Justin knew why Brian was snapping, he hated the thought of something happening to their kids. Reece had made him realize he couldn’t ignore them to save them. But Justin agreed, he would feel better if the littles were out of reach.

“I could send them to Molly’s for a week,” Justin said.

“That’s still too close, no we need something further away. Gus and Devon are too busy with their jobs for the kids to stay with them.”

“What about Daphne?”

“He’s actually met her, I don’t think that’s very safe.”

Justin threw his arms up. “I don’t know what you want me to say then.”

Just then someone rang the doorbell. Glaring at Brian, Justin turned and headed for the door. He could hear Brian following him. The person at the door started knocking, then hit the doorbell again, then another round of knocks. There was only one person that annoying. This is what they really didn’t need today, thankfully, he never was in town more than a day.

“Don’t open it, we’ll pretend to be dead,” Brian said, groaning.

“I’ll start singing,” a booming voice yelled behind the door.

Justin rolled his eyes, best to get this visit over with. Opening the door, he was greeted by a sight that would scare anyone. At 6’5, 320 pounds, with tattoos covering more of his hairy body than not, Georgie was a sight. Today he was wearing green cargo pants, a yellow stained tank top and no socks.

“What are you doing here? I thought you were hiding from the IRS,” Brian said, looking anywhere but at Georgie.

Georgie was Blake’s nephew/son. When Georgie was five and his sister was four, their mother, Blake’s sister OD’d. Blake’s parents refused to take the children in. Blake and Ted took them in and three years later, adopted them. Noel, Georgie’s sister was in school to become an accountant. Georgie left home at sixteen and has been a nomad ever since. He became a travel author at the age of nineteen. He seemed to do well for a free spirit.

“Just stopping by to see mom and dad, they didn’t like the new tat,” Georgie said, tilting his head to the left side, showing off a new tattoo. It was a dragon, like most of his tattoos.

“That’s nice, so you’ve already been by to see Ted and Blake. We must be your last stop,” Justin said.

“Yep, headed down to Savannah for a couple weeks. Gonna stay on a plantation that has been rumored to be haunted. It was almost abandoned but the owners are opening it to the public again. They just got done fixing it up, I’m their first guest.”

A horrible, great, prefect idea occurred to Justin. Brian would kill him for this but it would get the kids away for the time being and they were the safe with Georgie.

“Georgie, I have a little proposition for you,” Justin said, smiling.

“I knew it. I’m just too sexy for my own good, you want a piece of this don’t you?” Georgie joked rubbing his ample belly.

“Not with the pope’s dick,” Brian ground out. “And you are crazy if you’re thinking what I think you’re thinking,” he said to Justin.

“Brian, think about it, they will be far away from everything going on here.”

“What about Jenny? What about Michael?”

“Once Michael gets out of the hospital he’s going to rehab. Jenny doesn’t want people crowding her, I think Mel is doing that enough for everyone. Hunter said that she wants to get away for a while. The kids wouldn’t be a help to her and you know it.”

“Why doesn’t Jenny and Alex just get together already?” Georgie asked.

“What are you talking about?” Justin asked, surprised by the change of subject.

“Alex has been in love with Jenny since he was like seven. Jenny was an older woman of eleven. He got so bummed when she started dating that tool, he dated Anna.”

“What are you talking about? Alex isn’t in love with Jenny,” Brian said.

“Haha, and I’m going to be Vegas showgirl. I thought everyone knew how Alex felt.”

Justin looked at Brian who looked just as confused as he did. “Well, I don’t think Jenny’s looking for a relationship right now. She’s splitting with the jackass and she just lost the baby.”

“Yeah, my dad told me about that, I went by and saw her. Soon as she’s released she’s outta here. I told her to go to Budapest, it’s the place to be and not that bad on the pocketbook.”

“This is not the man I want my children with,” Brian said pointing at Georgie.

“Hold it, I don’t know nothing about birthin’ no babies or taking care of them. Whatever you two are thinking, I’m gonna take a hard pass on it. I’ve got places to be and ladies get rejected by.”

“Maybe you wouldn’t get rejected so much if you didn’t look like an escaped mental patient,” Brian said.

“This is what happens when you force a growing mind into a private school uniform.”

“I don’t believe that, I wore one and all our kids did. None are as eccentric as you,” Justin commented as they walked into the living room.

“What can I say, I grew up in a repressed household.”

“With Ted and the little wife, surely not,” Brian sneered.

“Just quit it, Brian.” Justin turned to Georgie. “Please, just take the kids for a week. There’s something I have to do but we would feel better if they were out of the state and with family,” Justin said, knowing what a soft touch Georgie was about family.

“I guess it wouldn’t hurt. They could help me with exploring the plantation. Just Sneezy, Happy and Doc, right?”

“Yes, just Caleb, Sean and Avery,” Justin told him.

“I haven’t agreed to anything,” Brian snapped.

“It’s either they go with Georgie, who is like a cousin to them or stay home.”

“We’re going on a trip with Georgie?” Sean asked excitedly.

Justin turned around and saw all three younger boys, he hadn’t even known they had come into the room.

“Yes, if you want to,” Brian said begrudgingly.

“Awesome! When are we leaving?” Caleb asked.

“As soon as you get packed, I’m supposed to be there by tomorrow,” Georgie said.

Caleb and Sean ran upstairs to pack Justin assumed. Avery on the other hand hadn’t moved and grabbed onto Brian’s hand.

“I want to stay here,” he whined.

Brian pulled away a bit and knelt. “Listen buddy, I know you want to stay but I need you to be a big boy and help Georgie. He’s going to need all the help he can get.”

Avery looked at Georgie. “Why do you need help?”

“I need someone to take pictures for me. You think Caleb or Sean would do that for me?”

“I can take real good pictures. Can’t I Dad?”

“You sure can, you take the best pictures,” Justin answered. “So, you want to go pack some clothes so you can have an adventure with your brothers and Georgie?”

“You’ll be here when I come back right?” Avery asked, his voice sounding so small.

“Of course, we’ll both be here, waiting to see all the pictures and hear about the amazing time you had,” Justin told him.

“Okay, I’ll get my go bag,” he said, running up the stairs.

“Go bag?” Georgie asked.

“Yeah, he watches a lot of crime shows with his big brothers.”

“Alright. So, you know I’m going to feed them junk food the whole time. Booze, only if they buy their own. And if I meet a woman, they’ll have to sleep in the car.”

Justin stifled a laugh but Brian glared at him.

“Anyone home?”

“In the living room, Reece,” Justin called. Reece walked in, holding a bag and his dog by a leash. Justin could tell something was majorly wrong. “What’s wrong?”

“I wanted to borrow some money, I need to get out of here for a while. With everything with Ethan then Hobbs, I just need to get away for a while.”

Justin didn’t like Brian’s smile. “Well, you’re in luck, there’s an ugly ass van going down to Georgia. You can get a ride.”

“What?” Reece asked.

“He’s talking about going with me pipsqueak, didn’t you see my van?”

“Georgie? I thought someone’s van broke down and they realized this was the time to get rid of the piece of junk.”

Quicker than a man his size should move, Georgie picked Reece up and threw him over his shoulder. “Sorry, I didn’t hear you, say that again.”

“Put me down, you behemoth.”

“Not until you say it.”

“NEVER!”

“Say it,” Georgie said, spinning in a circle.

“I’m going to vomit.”

“Say it.”

“You are the king of dodgeball.”

Georgie stopped spinning and put Reece on his feet, Reece was glaring daggers at the bigger man.

“I fucking hate you.”

“Oh, you love me. You’re so sad that I’m not a card-carrying pole smoker like you.”

“GEORGIE!” Justin said in warning.

“Oh please, if I have to watch my mouth here, Brian has to watch his out in public.”

“That’s not fucking happening,” Brian snarked.

“Fine,” Justin grunted. He did notice during the whole incident, Harley hid behind the couch. Justin was starting to suspect Brian may be right about the dog’s bravery lacking.

“We’re ready,” Sean announce clomping loudly down the stairs.

“Wait. Where are you going?” Reece asked, looking at all three boys with their bags.

“We’re going with Georgie,” Caleb said, his smile huge.

“You can’t be serious, he’s an overgrown child,” Reece said.

“Well, you want to go away for a few days, and Georgie is taking the boys. Maybe you should go with him, then you can watch the boys in the unlikely chance that Georgie finds a woman willing to fuck him,” Brian said.

Justin had given up long ago arguing about Brian’s language in front of the kids.

“Hey, women love me. But I could take the pipsqueak with me,” Georgie said.

“Like hell I’m going with this idiot. I think it’s a dumb idea to send your children with a sideshow freak.”

“You wound me, I think I’ll die of sadness now.”

“Everyone get out. Call me when you reach Georgia,” Brian said, ushering everyone, Reece and Harley included to the door.

“Pop, you can’t be serious,” Reece said.

“For Avery,” Justin asked his son.

He saw the moment his son broke. “Fine, but I get to pick the radio station.”

“Good, I’m pretty good at singing Like a Virgin,” Georgie said.

Some hugs and kisses from Avery, fist bumps from the teenagers, bro hug from Reece and a bone crushing hug from Georgie later, they were gone. Thank god.