Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

Hope you enjoy this one. Thank you for the wonderful reviews and for reading my story x

 

 

Luckily Dave has kids so he already had an approved child's boosters seat for Gus to sit on.

Dave glanced in the rear-view mirror at a worried looking Gus, in a soothing voice he spoke to him, "Your daddies and mommies won't be angry Gus, they will understand, so no need to be worrying, all right"

Nodding his head Gus sighed, "I don't want them to hate me, I love them and I want my mommies to get help to stop fighting"

Smiling at Gus, Dave replied, "They don't hate you,  they love you. Your daddies will help them because they love you all"

Hopeful that Dave was right, Gus responded, "Thank you for bringing me again Dave, you are very kind"

Giving his thanks, Dave and Gus remained quiet for the rest of the drive home.

Lorrie joined Alesky and Bernardyn at their table, "Hi guys, sorry I couldn't help overhear your conversation, but first well done helping the young boy. Anyway Alesky, I heard you tell him that you were a baker and you owned, ‘Moments In Time' bakery. I LOVED that bakery, I was so upset when It closed, I didn't know why until I heard you tell him. So what I want to is to offer you a job here, it comes with an apartment upstairs and it will include utilities of course, so what do you say?"

Alesky's mouth dropped open at what she had just said, did she seriously just offer him a job and a home, "Are you serious, you are offering me a job and a home?"

Nodding Lorrie replied, "I'm very serious, I'm looking to hire and what I know of your qualifications, you are perfect, so please say yes"

Alesky's eyes filled with tears, "Yes, yes I'd love to work for you"

Jumping up shouting with glee shaking his hand Lorrie spoke, "Oh brilliant, I'll run and get you your apartment key and after we close up here we will go get food and stuff that you need" clapping her hands, "This is going to be amazing"

Bernardyn and Alesky watched her dash away to get the key, Bernardyn turned to Alesky and said, "You realise your life has just changed for the better and all because that little boy bought you dinner and took the time to get to know you"

Wiping a tear away that fell, Alesky smiled, "I can't believe it, I hope that I get to meet my guardian angel again someday"

Mickey handed a now sleeping JR to Ben who held her close before moving her to her downstairs sleeping area.

Sitting next to Brian, Mickey placed a hand on his shoulder, "You need anything, can I get you a drink or something or maybe food?"

Shaking his head giving his best friend a smile, "Maybe some water, I could use some but no food right now"

Getting up Mickey placed a kiss on his cheek, "No problem, I'll go get it for you"

Letting out a long breath Brian looked at Justin, "I think that I better call Lindsey, I think I was too hard on her"

Taking one of Brian's hands in his kissing the back of it Justin smiled, "I think that is a good idea, they are hurting just as much as we are"

Leaning into Justin's touch Brian sighed, "Yeah, you are right Sunshine"

Taking the water from Mickey with thanks he got out his phone and hit speed dial 2, it was answered right away, "Lindsey, how are you all holding up. Sorry that I snapped at you, this is just all so much, you know"

Lindsey had tears streaming down her face as she spoke, "I understand Brian, We would have reacted in the same way if the situations were reversed.  can't believe how things have gotten so out of hand"

Closing his eyes pinching the bridge of his nose Brian replied, "It happens, promise me that you will both sit with Justin and I and talk about what is going on and be fully honest with as to why things are how they are with the two of you. As to why you are fighting so much otherwise, we can't help you. We will look after the kids until things calm down and you are ready to have them back. I get the feeling that you are not in the right headspace right now, am I right?"

Lindsey answered wishing that she had a different answer, "You are right Brian. We are not in the right headspace to look after them right now, do you think that we can still see them, have contact?"

Running his hands over his face he replied, "Of course you can, you both can. They love you and just want their mommy's to be OK. Lind's can you put Mel on, I want to talk to her as well"

Lindsey handed the phone to Mel, "He wants to talk to you"

Taking the phone she spoke, "Hi Brian"

Leaning back now into the couch Brain replied, "Mel how are you holding up. I know this is hell on earth and I don't want you to feel like we are leaving you out or something. Did you hear my conversation with Lindsey? If you did do you agree?"

Clutching the phone Mel nodded into it, "I did and I do, I hate it but I do agree, they come first and I promise that we will be honest with you both when we sit and talk. When Dave arrives home with Gus can you call us and tell us please?"

Shaking his head thinking as if he wouldn't call when their son arrived home, "I promise, he should be here soon, so I'll let you know. I'll let you go for now", both hanging up the emotion in the air was thick with the arrival of Gus coming very soon.

What seemed like forever passed when Brian's head shot up with the sounds of a car engine pull up.

Dashing from the room he was in with the others he ran as fast as his feet could carry him, flinging the front door open to see Dave's car pull up outside the house.

As soon as the car stopped Brian was opening the car door unbuckling his son from the car seat taking him in his arms, "Oh Sonnyboy, you are home at last"

Gus clung to his daddy as tight as he could crying his little heart out, "I'm sorry daddy, I love you, please don't be angry, please don't hate me, I'm sorry"

Kissing his son's cheek Brian held close, "I could never hate you and I'm not angry, we all love you so much, you are my Sonnyboy"

Dave joined the others who watched on as father and son went on hugging. Justin was the first to speak to him giving him a hug, "Thank you for being our hero again, we will be eternally grateful"

Blushing Dave replied, "I um, I was just in the right place at the right time. Gus really is a great kid"

Brian finally let Gus back down so he could greet the others and he did running to Justin hugging just as tight as he did with his daddy, "Love you daddy Justin"

Justin hugged him back, "Love you to Gus, so happy to have you home"

The all made their way inside so Gus could call his mommy's and rest, they were all sure that he must be worn out from what he had been through.