Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

An upset bunch, so much emotions. Thanks for all the reviews and reading my story.

 

 

Carl arrived moments after the ambulance had left to take Justin to the hospital.  Ben greeted him at the door, since Michael had gone upstairs to get his daughter who was wide awake.

Ben smiled at the detective. "Thanks for coming, Carl.  Justin fell down the stairs and got hurt pretty badly, so Brian took him to the hospital in an ambulance, with Lindsay following them in the Jeep. We stayed to look after JR and be here in case Gus comes back," he explained.

Nodding, Carl asked, "I hope that Justin will be okay. Is there somewhere that we can sit so I can take down some details them might help with the search for Gus?"

Moving into the kitchen, Ben told Carl everything while Michael paced, holding his little girl in his arms. "The children were having a nap when Lindsay showed up, even though Brian had asked her to stay away."

Michael interrupted them to interject, "She should have listened! This is all her fault!"

Ben smiled at his husband as he continued, "Things got a bit heated, so I'm guessing that Gus must have heard his mother's voice, and it probably spooked him. We think that he went out the back way and used the side gate.  His bike is also missing, so he must be travelling on that."

Jotting down some notes, Carl asked, "Can you describe what he was wearing?"

Nodding, Ben replied, "He was wearing jeans and a plain, red, long-sleeved sweater. His coat is a blue winter coat with a grey trim, and he was wearing a backpack with Captain Astro and Rage on it, so it is very distinctive."

Looking up at Ben, he then asked, "is there anything else you can think of that might help; any idea of the direction he went, or where he might have gone?"

Shaking his head, he looked to Michael, who shrugged his shoulders. "No, we have no idea.  You have to find him, Carl, please."

Putting his notepad in his pocket, Carl stood up. "I will put every man I can on this," he vowed.  "We WILL find him. I have a recent picture I can use for all the alert systems."

Michael asked, "Does Ma know?"

Shaking his head, Carl replied, "No, not yet.  And someone should contact Melanie, if you haven't already," he urged them.  "Listen, I'd better be going.  I'll keep you informed."

Ben saw Carl to the door, promising to call her right away.

 

 


 

 

Justin was whisked straight to be examined as soon as they arrived at the emergency room, while Brian was asked to fill out some paperwork.

Eventually, Brian was allowed by his side as they were stitching him up.

The doctor smiled at Brian as he entered, noticing the concerned look on his face. "Don't worry, his head is fine; head wounds tend to bleed a lot."

Brian gave a weak smile while grasping Justin's hand. "What about his ankle?  It's swelling blowing up like a balloon."

Finishing up with the stitches, the doctor explained, "We will transport Mr Taylor down to get an x-ray in a few minutes. First, it's important to take care of this first."

Swallowing, Brian then asked, "Justin had head trauma before, will this bang to the head affect it?"

Looking to Justin, then back to Brian, she replied, "We will do a CAT scan as well, but I don't think this latest injury has exacerbated his previous trauma."  

Justin smiled at the worried look on his partner's face. "I'll be fine, Brian.  And thank you, doctor.  Will this take long, though?  Our son is missing, and we really need to be out there, looking for him."

Shocked at that news, she sped things along as fast as she could, reassuring the couple before she exited the room that she make sure everything was accelerated, so Justin could be released as soon as possible, once they were sure he hadn't suffered any lasting effects.

 

 


 


Holding hands once again, alone in the cubical, they shared a kiss that showed how they were feeling as the tears silently fell.

Justin spoke softly, "Where could he be, Brian?  He was meant to be safe in our home."

 

"I know, Sunshine," Brian whispered softly, his own heart heavy with worry over the boy he loved so deeply.  "But we will find him.  I promise.  Okay?"  

 

Justin swallowed the lump in his throat as he nodded back at him, accepting a quick peck on the lips as they impatiently waited for the doctors to finish up what they needed to do.

 

 


 


Ben picked up the phone and dialed Mel, who picked up after the third ring.  Noticing the caller ID, she asked, "Ben, what's wrong?"


Ben deaded what he had to tell her. "Are you sitting down?"

Worried over the question - that was never a good sign - she responded, "Yeah.  Why?  What's going on?"

Sighing deeply, Ben informed her, "I'm afraid I've got some bad news. Gus has gone missing again. Lindsay showed up here at Brian and Justin's, and her presence here here must have spooked him. Then during the panic to find him, Justin fell down the stairs and Brian had to take him to the emergency room. Carl's got a lot of his men out looking for him now," he assured her.

Fear, anger, and panic ripped through Mel's body upon hearing that. "She knew we were meant to stay away, and now because she didn't listen our son has run away again?  God knows where he is and what he's doing, and Justin's wound up in the ER?  What's next?"

Pinching the bridge of his nose, Ben replied, "Yeah, I know how you feel.  That's pretty much all we know right now; we'll keep you informed. Why don't you go to Debbie's? I'm sure she knows by now about what's going on, and you can be together instead of alone."

The scream from the phone that Michael was holding just then confirmed that Debbie did, indeed, know about Gus's disappearance.

 

 


 


The films from the x-ray and CAT scan came back fast, and thankfully the CAT scan was clear, while the x-ray showed that Justin had suffered a hairline fracture and a very, very bad sprain. So that meant he would need an air cast and crutches for a number of weeks.  

Lindsay sat in the waiting room of the ER and jumped when she saw Justin getting wheeled out, holding crutches and a bandage on his head and looking pretty bruised.

Brian held up a hand, stopping her before she could talk.  "Do not say a word, just drive us home, then you can leave. Do you think you can do that without screwing up?"

Nodding, she stayed silent as they made their way home, Brian sitting in the back holding Justin and wondering when their nightmare would end.