Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

Here you go guys, chapter 15 with one more to come, there may be a delay as I still have to write it. Truly hope that you enjoy it. Thank you for the amazing reviews and for reading my story x

 

 

Justin sat in First Class beside Brian and let out a contented sigh. "This is the best way to travel!  How am I supposed to go back to Economy after this?"

 

Laughing, Brian playfully swatted Justin's leg. "You'll never have to if I have anything to say about it.  After all, I have a reputation to maintain."

 

Leaning his head back against the seat, Justin peered over at his partner to ask, "I wonder how Mel and Linds are getting along with the kids?"

 

Holding Justin's hand, Brian replied confidently,"I'm sure they'll be fine.  They've been working really hard lately, and if anything goes wrong Mikey and Ben are close by.  Besides, Debbie would tear them a new one if they screw up again."

 

Brian lifted Justin's hand to his lips and placed a kiss on the back of it. "Let's enjoy our break away for now, and try to leave our worries behind us.  Plus, the guys still haven't taken their London trip.  Maybe if all goes okay with Mel and Linds having the kids, they can finally go."  

 

Justin nodded.  "Yeah, I hope that they do.  They really need that break away, don't they? What do you think will happen with the girls wanting more children, and with us, too?"

 

Sighing, Brian replied, "They do need that, and I think it will drive them to work harder, to look at how they behave.  But honestly? I think they'll change their minds, and realize the two they have is all they need."

 

Nodding, Justin replied, "I think you're right.  I'd like for you and me to have kids someday that we can raise full-time, but I agree; I think the girls will change their minds."

 

Silence took over for a short time before talk turned to their stay in Vegas.

 

Justin excitedly asked, "So where are we staying?"

 

Smirking, Brian replied, "You'll find out when we get there.  The driver already knows, and is sworn to secrecy."

 

Chuckling, Justin swatted Brian's arm playfully. "That's mean, but I love it."

 

Halfway there, their in-flight meal, which happened to be Justin's favorite of steak and fries,  was served, and after eating they chatted about things to do at their destination.

 

Turning slightly to face Brian, Justin inquired, "Can I ask at least what have you planned for us to do there?"

 

Smiling now, his partner answered, "Well, we can pick a show together; I haven't done that yet. However, I have booked one thing for us to do, which I think will melt your artistic heart."

 

Raising an eyebrow, Justin asked, "Really?  I'm afraid to ask; I don't want to ruin any surprise you have planned."

 

Laughing now, Brian kissed him. "Let's just say you'll need a camera and your art supplies."

 

Justin vibrated with excitement. "Okay, don't tell me any more! I want it to stay a surprise."

 

For the rest of the flight, they lay in each other's arms until they landed in Vegas.

 

 


 

 

Since they had no check-in luggage, they met their driver, who happily took their photo under the ‘Welcome to Vegas' sign.

 

The dry heat slapped them in the face as soon as they stepped out of the airport, and the smell in the air welcomed them.

 

Their driver, whose name was Henry, was a very nice gentleman who pointed out the best things to do and how to get good deals when available. It kept Justin from guessing which hotel they were headed to.

 

Justin was like a kid at Disneyland for the first time, his eyes wide with wonder at the lights and different types of hotels, from Castles to Pyramids, and even one with a roller-coaster that started inside the hotel and traveled outside. It was an incredible sight to be seen.

 

The moment that Brian had been waiting for was worth its weight in gold, as they pulled into the Paris Hotel with the Eiffel Tower in all its glory lit up like gold. Justin's gasp, and the look on his face touched Brian's heart like it was he getting the surprise; the love he felt in that moment brought tears to his eyes.

 

Grasping Brian's hand, Justin spoke with childlike wonder in his voice as he asked, "This is where we are staying?  Oh, Brian! This is better than anything I could have dreamed of!"

 

Kissing Justin, Brian replied softly, "Only the best for you."

 

 


 

 

Earlier in Pittsburgh...

 

Lindsay, Mel, and the kids went to visit Debbie, since she hadn't seen them in a while.

 

Lindsay forced a smile on her face, while Mel didn't have to; she smiled freely as they were welcomed into the house.

 

Debbie swooped up both children in her arms, hugging them tightly, as she asked, "How are my favorite grandkids?"

 

Gus giggled as he hugged her back, as did Jenny.

 

Smiling, Gus told her, "We had fun at the Playdome today."

 

Standing now, Debbie replied, "You did?  That's great!  Granddad Carl is out in the back yard.  Why don't you two go out back and join him to play some soccer?  I'd like to talk to your mommies and catch up before we have milk and cookies."

 

Gus cheered as he pushed Jenny in her stroller out to the garden to play with their granddad.

 

The girls looked at each other, knowing they were in for a talking to from the mother of them all.

 

 


 

 

Sitting around the table, coffee in their hands, Debbie started by stating, "Normally I would have shouted and screamed at you for all you have done. However, you are getting help, and I commend you for that. I do have something to say, though.  What in the fuck were you thinking?  At the first sign of your problems, you should have gotten  help, not when your kid runs away twice!  You are very lucky Protective Services didn't get involved. Plus, I heard a rumor that you want more children.  Are you stupid or just insane? You can't handle the two that you have!  How is bringing more into the equation going to help?"

 

Mel sighed as she replied, "We know, Deb, and we realize how stupid we have been. Lindz and I did talk, and we decided not to have any more children."

 

Blowing out a breath of relief, Debbie silently thanked the heavens. "That's the most sensible decision you both have made in a long time.  So what is your plan now?"

 

Lindsay answered this time.  "We are going to move closer to Brian and Justin.  The schools are better there, and with them being out in the country, we think it will benefit them because of lesser traffic and smog."

 

Raising an eyebrow, Debbie asked, "How do Michael and Ben feel about this?  You're taking Jenny pretty far away from town.  And how do Brian and Justin feel about it?"

 

Mel answered for them as she explained, "They all agreed that it was the best choice for the kids;  It's not that far from them, and they're willing to compromise if it means the kids will have a better quality of life."

 

Laughter from the back yard broke the tension as Debbie smiled in agreement, satisfied that things were finally looking up.

 

 


 

 

Back in Vegas....

 

Walking into the Paris Hotel, Justin held Brian's hand as he looked around their surroundings in awe. To his left was the casino, in front of him was a very stylish bar, and to his right was a reception desk, with the walkway lit by huge, crystal chandeliers. They were so beautiful, and Justin's hands twitched with the need to capture them on canvas to remember forever what he felt at that moment in time.

 

Brian smiled and his heart soared at his lover's reaction.  Leaning over, he whispered in his ear, "So I gather you approve of my choice of hotel?"

 

Smiling an even more sunshiny smile, Justin leaned into Brian, kissing his cheek as he nodded. "It's breathtaking; thank you."

 

Capturing Justin's lips in a sweet kiss, his partner replied, "You are most welcome, Sunshine; now let's get checked in, so I can fuck you senseless before you explore the wonder that is known as the Disney World for adults."

 

Laughing, they walked to the desk, with Justin trying not to trip from looking up at the beautiful lights and architecture of the place.

 

Reaching the desk, they were greeted politely by a young, uniformed woman as she smiled at them.  "Hi, I'm Amanda. How may I help you this evening?"

 

Brian smiled back at her as he informed her, "I have a reservation under Brian Kinney, with some added instructions."  

 

Giving him a knowing smile that she wasn't to give away his surprise, she typed in his information as he handed her his credit card.  "No problem, Mr. Kinney.  Your room is ready, and if you need anything, please do not hesitate to ask," she told him as she handed his card back to him.  "You have a free trip up the Eiffel Tower, and a complimentary ride on the Big Wheel.  I highly recommend doing it at night time, because the view is spectacular."

 

Taking the key cards from her, he nodded.  "Thank you, Amanda."  He eyed his partner in amusement as he added wryly, "And you can probably guess that the jumping bean next to me is experiencing his first time in Vegas."

 

Laughing lightly, she spoke to Justin. "Welcome to Vegas.  I really hope that you have a great time here."

 

Justin shook her hand, smiling widely. "Thank you, Amanda. I'm Justin, by the way."

 

Smiling back, she responded cordially, "Nice to meet you, Justin, and remember, if you need anything, don't hesitate to ask."

 

 


 

 

As they made their way to the elevators, they walked down a cobblestone street inside the hotel.  It was like strolling down a street in Paris.  On the right were some shops situated just before the elevators, but further down music drew their attention as Brian explained that they were dueling pianos. They walked down to the bar to watch for a few moments before turning around to head up to their room.

 

Stepping out onto the top floor, Justin remarked, "Brian, top floor?  Isn't that where the penthouse suites are located?  Did we get off on the wrong floor?"

 

Kissing Justin deeply, Brian gazed at him affectionately as he told him, "Did you think that I would have you staying in anything less than the best?"

 

Hugging Brian tightly and kissing him back, Justin's heart swelled.  "I love you so much.  I can't wait to see our suite."

 

Opening the double doors that led into their suite, they were greeted by the most spectacular space. It was all clean lines and trimmed in creams and golds. There were two bedrooms, a huge bathroom with a hot tub, and windows from floor to ceiling, showing the Strip in all its glory.

 

Rushing to the window, Justin gasped at the view, then felt Brian's arms embrace him from behind,  holding him close to his body.

 

Leaning back into his embrace, Justin sighed in contentment. "This is really beautiful, Brian.  Thank you."

 

Just then the Bellagio Fountains came to life and put on a show as if to welcome them and add to the romantic moment.

 

Turning in Brian's arms, Justin kissed him, which turned even more heated as they continued.  Sinking to the ground and mindful of the air cast still on Justin's leg, they made love with the lights of Vegas reflected behind them.

 

Lying in each other's arms afterward, sweaty from their love making, they began to laugh as Justin pointed out, "Two bedrooms, a sitting room, and a hot tub, and we have sex on the floor in front of the window."

 

Pulling his lover to his feet, Brian chuckled at the irony as they headed into the huge shower before heading out to do some exploring.

 

 


 

 

Justin's eyes darted everywhere, since there was so much to take in.

 

They walked down one side of the walkway, and then the other, with Brian pointing out certain things to Justin, including the designer shops that they would visit before they left. Finally they reached the New York, New York Hotel, and headed toward the Nine Fine Irishman bar located inside to sing and dance the night away.

 

On the way back to their suite, they walked through a part of the New York, New York Hotel to get to a crosswalk where they could travel to the other side of the road. Just before the doors to their hotel there was a candy shop, causing Justin to stop and rub his eyes in disbelief.

 

Brian asked him, concerned, "You okay?"  

 

Nodding, Justin gestured with his free hand, "Okay, I know that I had a few Guinnesses and I'm a bit buzzed.  But am I really seeing a replica of The Statue Of Liberty made out of melted candy?"

 

Laughing, Brian kissed Justin's temple. "You're not seeing things.  That is the Statue Of Liberty made out of melted candy.  Here.  Let's get our picture taken with it." Thankfully a passerby agreed to take their photo for them.

 

 


 

 

Once back in their hotel suite, they showered together, making love before falling into bed, where they slept soundly until breakfast arrived the next morning.

 

Sitting at the dining room table in their suite, dressed in their bathrobes and eating breakfast, they discussed their plans for the day.

 

Sipping his orange juice, Brian advised Justin, "There are lots of attractions to see that I think you will love.  There's a free Habitat Garden with flamingos in it. Then there's the Secret Garden, and the Dolphin Habitat; it's Siegfried and Roy's place."

 

Looking at Brian, Justin asked, "Isn't that cruel to have them in hotels?"

 

Leaning forward, he replied, "I'm sure PETA has looked into it, and it's saltwater.  And they don't put on shows for the cats.  They're only there three hours a day before going back to their open fields."

 

Smiling and feeling reassured, Justin said that he'd love to see it all, and whatever they didn't do. perhaps they could maybe come back with the kids and do it then.

 

The weather outside was dry but very hot, and they were extremely grateful for the air conditioning inside the hotels and shops.

 

Justin was loving every second of it, from the Thunder and Lighting show in the Miracle Mile shopping mall inside The Planet Hollywood Hotel, to the moving statue show in the Caesars Forum shops, and even winning at the Roulette wheel.  To top it off, they took a gondola ride inside The Venetian Hotel shops.

 

 


 

 

Laughing as he ate some ice cream later, Justin exclaimed, "I can't believe we took a gondola ride inside a hotel!  That was the best part of the trip so far!  And all those shops were amazing.  How are we going to carry all these bags back to the hotel?"

 

Taking a bite of his own ice cream, Brian shrugged.  "We'll manage, Sunshine.  And see? I can be romantic when I want to be. On our way back, we should pick a show for tonight.  Is there one you really want to see?"

 

Leaning over, Justin kissed Brian. "You are romantic, aren't you?"  He sighed.  "It's hard to pick, there are so many shows.  But maybe one of the Cirque Soliel shows, or David Copperfield?"

 

Tapping his spoon on the side of his cup of ice cream, Brian replied, "Why not do both ones tonight, and one on Monday before we go home?"

 

Justin's face lit up.  "That's perfect!  Let's do that."

 

The shows that night were incredible.  They were lucky enough to get fantastic seats, and even ended up being a part of the show. The rest of the night was spent making love in the hot tub before moving to nearly every available surface in the room, eventually falling asleep, wrapped in each other's arms in their luxurious, king-sized bed.

 

 


 

 

Justin was awakened bright and early with a kiss on the lips by a dressed Brian. "Come on, Sunshine, time to get up.  We have places to be very soon. So hurry, get showered, dressed, and eat something. I already have your camera and art supplies packed and plenty of sunscreen."

 

Laughing and excited to find out what the surprise trip was that Brian had planned, Justin did just that, and faster than he ever had done before.  

 

They were soon in a limo and heading towards an air strip.  Justin asked, puzzled, "We're flying somewhere?"

 

Kissing Justin, Brian replied with a wink, "You'll see soon enough."

 

Chuckling, Justin settled against him as he vibrated with excitement. He found himself standing in front of a helicopter after getting out of the limo, and it had the words Private Tours printed on the side of it, with a pilot standing by, ready and waiting.

 

Squeezing his hand gently, Brian smiled. "So, Sunshine.  Are you ready for your adventure? We're going to the Grand Canyon for the day.  We'll fly right into it, have dinner maybe, and take a brief walk before flying back up to explore the top of it. You'll have time to sketch, of course, and take photos before we go on an evening river cruise down Lake Mead."

 

Flinging his arms around Brian's neck, Justin cried happy tears over his partner's thoughtfulness.  "That's a dream trip of mine!  Thank you! I love you so much."

 

Kissing Justin deeply, Brian touched his forehead to his as he murmured, "Love you, too, Sunshine."

 

 


 

 

The day was as magical as Brian hoped it would be for Justin. The weather was perfect, as was the food provided for them to enjoy. The best part for Brian was the look on Justin's face as he sketched, took photos, and they explored hand-in-hand from the bottom, and then right up to the rim of the canyon.  And to make it even better, they saw eagles flying around, and managed to capture that breathtaking moment on camera.

 

As the trip was coming to an end and they were standing on the boat cruising down Lake Mead, looking at the spectacular night sky, Brian embraced Justin from behind, holding him close and molding their bodies together. Whispering in his ear, Brian spoke, "Sunshine, I love you so much.  Will you marry me?"

 

Spinning around in Brian's arms to look into his eyes, his heart beating a million miles an hour at the words he had just heard, Justin asked, "Did you just ask me to marry you?"

 

Biting his lip, Brian nodded with a soft smile.  "Yes, yes I did. Will you marry me and have more children with me that we can raise together?"

 

Flashing a brilliant smile that lit up his entire face - more than the moon that was lighting up the night sky - Justin replied, his voice thick with emotion, "Yes, yes I'll marry you and have kids with you! I love you more than words can say."

 

Kissing deeply, they sealed the deal before Brian placed a white gold band on Justin's finger with an inscription on the inside that read, Love you body and soul.

 

Looking into each other's eyes the next evening as they flew home, they knew that life was getting better and their love was even stronger, even after everything they had been through. They hoped and prayed it would be the same for the rest of the family; only time and healing would tell.