Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

A tad longer and light. Thank you for the reviews and don't worry, I won't do anything stupid. 

 

 

Mel and Lindsay found a counselor that they both liked.  He was named Philip,  and seemed to understand their situation right away, not even blinking in reaction to their unorthodox  family dynamics.

He saw them together and separately so that they could open up as much as they wanted to. It really helped that he included Gus in some of their family sessions, also, as he was at an age where he was understanding things. They saw the light come back into their little boy the more he talked.

 

 




Gus sat on a blanket with JR on the patio playing with her, not noticing all the eyes watching him as he did.

Michael asked Brian, "What's that he playing with her?"

Brian smiled as he watched the two sibling interacting.  "Gus claps his hands singing, ‘clap, clap toes, clap, clap knees, clap, clap tickle,' and then he touches her toe and knee when he says it, and then tickles her.  It makes her laugh every time."  He loved to hear the sound of their laughter.  It was a good sound.

Gus laughed as he sang the song over and over, loving the fact that his sister seemed to enjoy the game that he had made up just for her.

JR giggled as she began to copy him and clapped all of a sudden.

Gus cheered. "Good girl, JR! Do it again!"  And the game started once more:  "Clap, clap toes. Clap, clap knees, clap, clap tickle!" She giggled, touching her brother's toes and then his knees before wiggling her fingers as she tried to mimic her brother's actions.  Gus laughed in delight as his sister copied him as best she could before he heard her say,  "G-G-U-S!"

Gus's mouth dropped open as did all the adults. JR had just said her first word, and it was his name!

 

 

Michael grabbed Brian's wrist as he exclaimed, "Did you hear that?"

Rushing over, they all bent down by the two as Gus looked at them, his eyes wide in amazement. "JR said my name!"

Lindsay kissed his cheek, tears prickling her eyes.  "She did, didn't she?"

Mel choked up as she wrapped her arms around both of them. "Wow, Gus! You have been amazing with her, and now her first word was your name!"

Gus hugged his little sister as he murmured, "Love you, JR."

JR smiled, clapping, grabbing toes and knees as everyone watched her; for once the air was filled with laughter instead of tears.

 

 




Lindsey sat on their couch in their home; they had just returned from visiting with their children. Glancing at her wife, she smiled. They hadn't fought in weeks, and things were really getting better.

Mel soon joined her on the couch as she rested her head against the back of it, "Can you believe that JR's first word was Gus?"

Eyes bright with emotion, Lindsay smiled. "It sure was... and I'm so glad we were there to hear it."

Holding hands, unspoken words were exchanged as they made their way upstairs to make love.

 

 

 




As Brian was tucking Gus into bed, Gus asked him, "Daddy, can we go visit Alesky and Bernardyn? I would like to see them again."

Sitting on the edge of the bed, Brian exchanged a smile with Justin, who was perched on the other side. "I don't see why not. I'll call and find out where they are, and arrange it for as soon as I can, okay?"  He was grateful for the two men who had watched over his son. Just the thought of what might have happened to him if they hadn't kept him safe made chills run down his spine.  Nodding and smiling wide, Gus hugged his dad, "Thank you."

Kissing the top of his son's head, Brian told him softly, "Any time, Sonnyboy.  You want Daddy Justin and me to tell you a story tonight?"

Clapping his hands in anticipation, Gus replied, "Yes, please."

Justin laughed as he sat on the other side of Gus, telling the story of Goldilocks and the Three Bears, complete with voices. Once Gus was asleep, they left the room with Brian scratching his head.

 

 

Justin frowned, asking, "What's wrong?"

Looking at Justin, Brian replied, "It's that story; it's always bothered me."

Raising an eyebrow in curiosity, Justin asked, "Why does it bother you?"

Leaning against the wall, Brian explained, "For one, she broke into someone's house; that's breaking and entering. Two, she stole their food; that's theft. Three, she broke their furniture; that's property damage, and finally, she slept in their beds, which was trespassing. That girl was not arrested or charged for any of that. What kind of message is that sending out to the children? Don't even get me started on Little Red Riding Hood and nursery rhymes!"

Laughing with tears falling down his face, Justin asked, "What's your problem with Little Red Riding Hood and nursery rhymes?"

Sighing, Brian started, "Think about that girl's mother who sent her off into the woods on her own, knowing that there was a wolf out there.  Child Protective Services should have been called, and for her to find the wolf dressed in her grandmother's clothes, that's got to have caused years of therapy right there. As for the nursery rhymes, listen, in one you have three blind mice - they were BLIND, Justin! -  and they were being chased by a woman with a carving knife to cut off their tails!  What did they ever do to her?  Then, you have a baby in a cradle who someone thought it was wise to put it up in a tree in a storm, then to tell the baby that if the bough breaks, they will fall; that's another child that needs protecting right there.

Then you have a dish running off with a spoon to have an affair - I'm guessing with the cows that were jumping over the moon -  and in another you have blackbirds baked in a pie, and when it's cut open they begin to sing. Seriously, people, that has got to traumatize kids!"

 

Justin peered over at him, his mouth agape, as his partner continued, "Then you have the three men in a tub rhyme;  Don't you think telling kids that young about a polygamous relationship is a bit premature? Then, there's this hickory dickory dock, you have mice running up clocks.  Now, either a pet mouse got loose, or they have definite vermin control issues; seriously, Justin!  What are we telling our kids? What about that old woman who lives in a shoe, Justin, with all those kids, and how did she get them?  Where was Social Services, and why didn't they check her out to see if she was ok?  And why not give them a house? Then there's that brother and sisters Hansel and Gretel, going to that house made out of candy, and then some witch tries to boil them in a freaking pot!  Oh, and another... Humpty Dumpty!  He didn't fall, he was pushed!  And those King's men covered it up!  And who said he was an egg, huh? Then you have Jack and that beanstalk.  I'm sorry; it's all scary shit, with a giant living up there!"



Justin was now on the floor; he was laughing so hard he thought that he would hurt himself.

Brian stood over him, looking serious.  "What are you laughing at?  That shit is scary!  It could scar a child for life!"

Wiping the tears of laughter away, Justin stood back up, hugging Brian.  "You're right, Dad. I never thought of those stories or nursery rhymes like that before.  They ARE pretty violent."

Hugging Justin around the waist, Brian pulled him closer as he grumbled, "Yeah, well, I want Gus and JR to hear happy stories, not get scared to death!"

Kissing the tip of Brian's nose, Justin smiled. "We can make sure that never happens, okay?"

Nodding, Brian closed his eyes with a sigh. "Okay."

Brushing his lips against Brian's, Justin spoke seductively, "How about we go to bed and find something to distract us?  Do you think that you can think of something?"

Pressing his body against Justin's so could feel his arousal, Brian smiled. "I believe that I can think of something."  Before Justin knew it, he was flung over Brian's shoulder, carried into their bedroom, and dropped onto their bed.

Climbing up onto the bed and leaning over Justin, Brian smiled down at him. "So, what do you have in mind?"

Grasping Brian by his tee-shirt, he pulled him down and kissed him deeply. "Everything."

Giving his lover a wicked grin, Brian did just that, starting with trailing kisses from head to toe.