Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

** Our betas are wonderful! **

 

Sunday, Pittsburgh, 9 p.m.

 

Brian and Justin woke up late on Sunday and had to join Justin’s family right away. The afternoon passed in a blur, before they finally drove back to Pittsburgh in the evening.

 

Fortunately, Jennifer was too busy gushing about the wedding to drill them with more intrusive questions. She left them in front of Justin’s building after nine o’clock.

 

Justin didn’t resist when Brian helped him to his apartment. Truthfully, he had enjoyed his time with Brian so much that he dreaded saying goodbye. He felt like they had connected in a way neither of them would have expected before this weekend, but he also felt anxious about the future.

 

He walked tentatively into his apartment, expecting Brian to tell him that he had to leave, but when the brunet followed him, he turned around and whispered with a small smile, “Aren’t you sick of me yet?” He honestly had no idea how to say goodbye.

 

He was surprised, however, when Brian, instead of responding to his question, stepped closer, invading Justin's personal space. Brian’s breath caressed his skin and Justin’s heart skipped a beat. He almost jumped when he felt Brian’s hand on his hip.

 

“What are you doing?” Justin inquired, feeling like it was more and more difficult to breathe.

 

“Relax. You will love it,” Brian’s responded in a low voice, leaning closer and finally kissing Justin’s neck, as he moved his hand and covered Justin’s hardening dick through his jeans.

 

Justin’s breath caught in his throat. A moan escaped his lips when Brian began to move his fingers up and down. He wanted to move away, but he was paralyzed, overwhelmed by the rush of pleasure coursing through his body.

 

Brian’s tongue was dancing on his skin, and when Brian pushed him, making him walk backward, Justin let him.

 

He felt his ass bump into the back of the couch. He was breathing fast now.

 

“Brian,” Justin called his companion’s name like a prayer, and Brian suddenly opened his jeans and grabbed his underwear to lower them, freeing his cock from its confinement. Justin moaned as Brian’s slender, strong fingers wrapped around his dick, stroking it slowly. Too slowly, in fact. It was a pure, blissful torture and, before he realized what he was doing, Justin started to pant as his hips thrust forward into Brian's hand, his forehead resting on Brian’s shoulder.

 

Fuck, Brian’s hand felt so good, his fingers dancing along his cock. Justin couldn’t believe how turned on he was. He had lowered his head when Brian had started the handjob, but as he threw his head back and opened his eyes, his gaze glassy with lust behind his shades, the brunet captured his lips hungrily, his tongue invading his mouth with a guttural grunt, as if he wanted to possess Justin. The thought was too much for the young man who thrust a couple more times before spilling into Brian’s hand.

 

“Not bad,” Brian breathed out huskily into his ear, and Justin didn’t want to think about what the brunet meant about that. In fact, he couldn’t think at all. If a mere handjob could feel so good, Justin wanted to experience everything about sex. Why the fuck hadn’t he sequestered Brian in their bedroom during the weekend instead of going to his cousin’s wedding?

 

“Hey! Justin, you’re…” Justin heard Daphne’s voice die out as she entered the apartment and discovered the two men.

 

“Daph? Shit!” Justin exclaimed, stuffing his softening dick back into his pants. This wasn’t happening. He couldn’t believe his best friend had come home now.

 

Brian, however, seemed unfazed by the situation, as if being caught pleasuring Justin amused him. Justin heard him chuckle, before he leaned in to place a chaste kiss on Justin’s lips, whispering in his ear, “I think that’s my cue.”

 

“I…” Justin began, but before he knew it, Brian had left his side.

 

“Daphne. You missed the best part,” Justin heard Brian declare playfully. “Later, stud,” the brunet then called out before leaving.

 

Justin couldn’t believe it. Brian had given him a handjob, and Daphne had almost walked on them. Then, he had simply left. What did it mean? Justin had just spent the weekend with the most wonderful man he had ever met and, now that it was over, he didn’t know what to think. Was he going to see Brian again? Did Brian even care? Or had he just been gentle with him because he was paid to be? What the fuck was he…

 

“Justin!” Daphne’s voice finally registered, prompting Justin to turn in her direction with a scowl on his face.

 

“Awesome timing, Daphne,” he drawled sardonically, annoyed by the whole situation. It seemed like Brian couldn’t leave fast enough as soon as Daphne had appeared, and Justin felt genuinely confused.

 

“What was that all about?” she asked, positioning herself in front of him.

 

Justin stared at her pointedly. He tried to anyway, knowing Daphne could read him better than anyone else.

 

“Oh my God!!! You did it! You did it??” she squealed, clapping.

 

“No, we didn’t… And you just ruined any chance of it happening,” Justin complained, rubbing his face in frustration.

 

“Aw, fuck! I'm so sorry to have interrupted what could have been your first time, but we need wine and tissues. I think I'm breaking up with Hank.”

 

“Again? You always break up with him!” Justin threw his hands up in the air, but he chuckled nonetheless. Daphne was a real drama queen. She would have made a wonderful gay man.

 

“It's real this time, I think. Urgh! BFF time. Meet me in ten,” she demanded, before quipping, “Gosh, Justin! There's jizz on the sofa!”

 

At least Justin hoped she was kidding. He squinted while touching the sofa to check if Daphne was joking or not, but he couldn't see or feel anything, although his inspection left him with a pounding headache.

 

After a shower and a change of clothes, Justin met Daphne in her room. They curled up on the bed, sharing a bowl of ice cream and a bottle of red wine. It wasn’t the best combination, but they were both in mourning.

 

For the next hour, Justin listened dutifully as his best friend whined and cried over her moron boyfriend - Justin had never understood what she was doing with him anyway - but he nonetheless tried to cheer her up as best he could. After Daphne had finally repeated for the hundredth time that she hated Hank and wanted nothing to do with him anymore (it would be true until the next morning anyway), she eventually inquired about Justin’s weekend with Brian.

 

He smiled widely. “It was fantastic. I mean, I was anxious at first knowing I’d be surrounded by so many people I didn’t know, but Brian helped me more than I can say.”

 

“Are you sure you didn’t fuck?”

 

“I am. And it wasn’t about sex,” he half-lied because, seriously, having sex with Brian had crossed his mind more than once during the weekend. Besides, after the spectacular handjob Brian had given him, he wanted it even more. He just hoped that time would come eventually, although he wasn’t even sure if or when he’d see Brian again.

 

“Since when?” she asked mockingly, as she took another spoonful of chocolate chip ice cream.

 

“Since I’m telling you! Brian was… Fuck! I know he is an escort and that I was supposedly just a job for him, but it felt real to me. And the way he kissed me, Daph!” Justin sighed dreamily, reaching for the bottle of wine, Daphne helping to make sure he didn’t spill it. “On the other hand, Mom was a nag. She kept pestering us with indiscreet questions. She even asked Brian what he thought about marriage and kids.”

 

Daphne giggled. “I’m sure it was embarrassing. How did he respond?”

 

Taking a healthy gulp of wine, Justin revealed, his face sobering up as he remembered Brian’s answer, “He doesn’t believe in marriage. As for having children, he has a child, so...” his voice trailed off.

 

“He has a child?” Daphne echoed his words.

 

“Yes,” Justin confirmed. “But the kid is sick, with kidney failure. That’s why Brian became an escort in the first place. To pay the medical bills.”

 

“That’s so...touching.” Daphne responded hesitantly.

 

Justin frowned, trying to distinguish her expression. “What?” he inquired, understanding she wanted to say more.

 

She took his hand, squeezing it. “You know I love you and want the best for you, right?”

 

Justin nodded, but he was sure that he wouldn’t like what she was going to say.

 

Sure enough, she advised, “Please be careful. To me, it seems like you have feelings for him and… As much as you want to think that he might feel the same way about you, he is an escort, Justin. Pretending is what he does as a living.”

 

“Wow, Daphne. Since when do you judge other people so critically?” Justin couldn’t believe what he’d heard. He expected to get this kind of reaction from his mother if she ever found out about Brian, but definitely not from Daphne.

 

“Since they seduced my best friend,” she responded gently. “I don’t want you heartbroken...and Brian is heartbreak material.”

 

“You’re wrong,” Justin retorted calmly. “I don’t know how he feels about me, but I can’t believe I was just a job to him. I just can’t.”

 

“Well, don’t say I didn’t warn you if you call him again and things don’t work out,” Daphne replied dryly, before softening her words, “Although, I hope you’re right and I’m wrong. I truly do.”

 

Justin snorted loudly. “Yeah, well, I’m tired. I’m going to bed,” he announced, standing up and heading carefully to the door.

 

“Justin…” Daphne tried to stop him, understanding she had upset her friend, but Justin didn’t turn back, leaving her room without uttering another word.

 

Justin entered his room and immediately went to lie down on his bed, huffing in frustration. He was angry at his best friend but, most of all, he was confused. No matter how much he didn’t want her warning to be valid, the truth was that there was a possibility that Brian didn’t care. Or at least, not in that way.

 

He grabbed his phone and played with the keys as he searched for Brian’s number, squinting hard to distinguish the letters on the screen. Brian’s name appeared, and Justin was half-tempted to forsake all reason and call him right away, demanding answers. But he couldn’t. Growling in frustration, he let his hand fall to the bed and cursed.

 

Sleep didn’t come easily that night.

 

************************

 

Brian started to freak out less than half an hour after having left Justin at his apartment.

 

He’d never expected to enjoy the weekend with the young artist as much as he had. In fact, he had more than enjoyed it. That’s why, once he found himself alone with his thoughts, relaxing at his loft, he started to question his sanity.

 

Firstly, Brian hadn’t fucked him. Sure, he hadn’t been able to resist when he and Justin had finally got some time alone after they had come back from the resort and, if not for Daphne’s interruption, Brian might have pushed things further. God knew he had wanted to. Hearing Justin’s moans as he had given him a handjob had turned him on so much that he had inwardly cursed Daphne when she’d interrupted them, although Justin’s embarrassment had vastly amused him.

 

But, yet, he hadn’t fucked him. Hell, he hadn’t fucked anyone. Brian couldn’t remember the last time it had happened for a whole weekend. The worst part was knowing that he could have. It was clear that Justin wanted him just as much as he wanted the blond. So why on Earth had he just made out with Justin and fucking loved it? Why had he stayed to watch a sunrise on a fucking beach, instead of dragging Justin to their bed to fuck him? And he hadn’t just watched a sunrise, he had also told Justin about his life, about his son.

 

Christ.

 

He could still remember the way he’d felt when Justin had talked to him about being bashed. He had wanted to kill the son of a bitch who had hurt him. In fact, he had been overly protective with Justin the whole time they had spent together at the resort.

 

So, now, he was freaking out. And he was also fucking horny.

 

Refusing to think about what he was doing, he grabbed his keys and his jacket, before storming out of his loft. Fifteen minutes later, he was banging on Matthew’s door.

 

“Brian?” Matthew greeted him, astonished to discover the brunet at his doorstep after ten thirty on a Sunday evening. He was about to ask him what he was doing there but, before he could voice his question, Brian attacked him, kissing him hungrily.

 

He pushed Matthew inside the house, not stopping for one second to ask his permission as he slammed the door behind him with his foot and began to undress Matthew right there in the entryway. Clothes landed on the floor on the way to the living room and, less than a minute later, Brian was pounding Matthew’s ass over the back of the couch. From the noises escaping the man, though, Brian knew he was enjoying every second of it. Matthew’s moans and grunts were loud and echoed throughout the house.

 

As for Brian, he tried desperately not to envision the face of another man as he kept coming and going into Matthew’s ass with powerful thrusts.

 

Of course, he failed. Miserably.

 

************************

 

Twenty minutes later, Brian was sitting on Matthew’s couch as the man came back from his kitchen with two glasses of Chivas Regal. He handed one to Brian before taking a seat on a chair next to the couch.

 

“So,” Matthew began, as Brian peered over at him. “Although I’d love to think that you came here tonight because you wanted to see me and couldn’t resist the idea of having sex with me, I have to ask…”

 

Brian raised his eyebrows at Matthew, waiting for him to spit out his question.

 

“What the fuck was that?” Matthew demanded forcefully.

 

Brian snorted. “Well, you know… my dick, your ass. I’m pretty sure you can figure it out.”

 

“Cut the bullshit. You barge in here and don’t even utter a word before attacking me. I think I have a right to know what pushed you to come here tonight.”

 

“No special reason,” Brian responded as he gulped from his glass. “I hadn’t fucked in forever. I thought you’d be pleased to release me from my predicament.”

 

Matthew sighed, understanding Brian was hiding the real reason of his presence at his place. “Where were you this weekend?”

 

“With a client,” Brian answered, before clearing his throat.

 

“Was he ugly?” Matthew asked, his eyebrows rising.

 

“No.” Brian snorted.

 

“Bald?” Matthew insisted.

 

“No.”

 

“Impotent?” Matthew began to chuckle.

 

“No! What’s with the twenty questions?” Brian retorted a little too loudly.

 

“Was he fuckable?”

 

“He’s a virgin,” Brian revealed, cursing himself as soon as the words popped out of his mouth.

 

“A virgin... and you didn’t fuck him? Why? He didn’t want you to?” Matthew inquired, his brow furrowing.

 

“Could you fucking stop with the inquisition?” Brian countered uncomfortably. Coming here suddenly seemed like a very bad idea.

 

Matthew stared at Brian for a long moment, but he didn’t push. “Sure.”

 

The silence that ensued was deafening. Brian left Matthew’s house a few minutes later, feeling even more confused than when he had first arrived.

 

************************

 

The next morning, Brian met with his friends at the diner.

 

“Hey, Brian!” Michael greeted him cheerfully, as Brian plopped down next to him in the booth, while Emmett and Ted echoed Michael’s greeting.

 

“Soooo... how was the weekend at the dreamy resort?” Emmett asked playfully. It was obvious the boys had been talking about Brian before he had entered the diner.

 

“Huh?” Brian eloquently responded, raising his hand to capture the new busboy’s attention. “Coffee, here,” he ordered, watching the redhead’s ass. The man blushed under Brian’s intent stare, as he went to pour some coffee into a cup.

 

“Your weekend…” Michael repeated. “Lindsay told Emmett that you had to pretend to be the boyfriend of an artist for his cousin’s wedding. That even his mom was there.”

 

“Yeah, so?” Brian avoided the question.

 

“So? I bet that was awful!”

 

“It wasn’t so bad.” Brian replied as nonchalantly as possible, as the busboy came to deliver his coffee. Brian just stared at him some more, before looking back at his friend.

 

“Huh?” Michael was obviously confused. “Since when do you enjoy yourself at a wedding?”

 

“Fuck off, Mikey.”

 

“Someone is in a bad mood!” Emmett sing-songed.

 

“I’m sure he fucked the groom,” Ted stated matter-of-factly.

 

“I didn’t fuck the groom.” Brian countered, as he took a sip of his coffee. “Fuck! It’s hot!” He almost burned his tongue.

 

“Who did you fuck, then?” Michael inquired.

 

“No one,” Brian disclosed, immediately regretting it. He peered at his friends, and sure enough, they were all looking at him as if he had gained twenty pounds.

 

As if that would ever happen...

 

“You didn’t have sex…” Michael repeated.

 

“For Christ’s sake, it’s no big deal!” Brian retorted too quickly. Of course, Brian fucking Kinney not having sex for an entire weekend made it seem like the world had come to an end.

 

“But…” Michael began, at a loss. “Lindsay said your client was young and hot.”

 

“And your point is?” Brian could feel the beginning of a headache hammering at his skull.

 

“You actually liked him enough not to fuck him?” Michael asked incredulously. “Not to fuck anyone else?”

 

“Not everything is about sex, Michael.” Fuck. Had he really said that out loud?

 

Michael’s mouth opened and closed several times, but he was too flabbergasted to respond. He was staring at Brian as if an alien - or worse, a lesbian - had taken possession of his body.

 

“You know honey, from where I’m sitting, I could almost swear you actually like your client,” Emmett drawled, a mischievous gleam in his eyes.

 

“Considering Brian Kinney giving a shit about a guy is statistically more improbable than winning big at the lottery, I think I will take my chance and play today.” Ted commented with a straight face.

 

“Oh, fuck off!” Brian had finally had enough. “I didn’t fuck Justin, but I still have my balls, thank you very much.”

 

“Justin…” Michael echoed.

 

“Yes, Michael. He used his first name.” Emmett stated with a knowing smirk, giving Brian his most innocent smile. “He gives a shit.”

 

Brian was fuming. “I’m outta here.” He suddenly stood up and gave his friends a murderous glare. “Get a life,” he snarled, before leaving the diner.

 

************************

 

Brian didn’t want his friends to imagine that he had ‘feelings’, just because he had enjoyed the company of a client he hadn’t fucked. After having met them at the diner, he therefore invited the boys to Babylon the next day, and fucked random guys for hours in the backroom.

 

Fortunately, although Emmett, Michael, and Ted teased him unmercifully about his ‘crush’ at first - jeez, they made him sound like an innocent schoolboy, which was hilarious, really - after his demonstration at Babylon, they stopped torturing him, and Brian didn’t mention Justin again.

 

In fact, after that night, the brunet avoided thinking about Justin at all.  

 

************************

 

Meanwhile, all Justin could think about was Brian. He spent all his free time drawing him, some of his sketches turning quite graphic as the blond remembered the intimate moments they had spent together. Daphne tried to warn him again when she realized her friend was obsessing over the escort, but after Justin told her to fuck off for the umpteenth time, she understood that her friend would not give up and decided to support him.

 

After a couple of weeks, Justin finally gathered enough courage to contact Brian. Sadly, Brian didn’t answer his phone. Justin called three other times that day before giving up.

 

Frustrated, he hesitated briefly before turning on his phone again and contacting ‘One Life’. Refusing to think about what he was doing, he called to arrange an evening appointment for the following night. But, when he asked for Brian, Grace informed him that he was unavailable for the entire weekend. Justin then tried to charm her over the phone, which was ridiculous since he was asking for a male escort. Grace eventually disclosed that Brian was not working for the next three days.

 

Justin hung up with a sigh, wondering what to do next. Should he call Brian again or not? He wanted to, but considering Brian hadn’t returned his call, he wasn’t sure it was a good idea.

 

“Shit,” Justin cursed, hating how desperate he acted. If Brian wanted to see him again, he could call him back, couldn’t he?

 

Justin was so lost in thought that he was startled when his cell began to ring in his hands. “Hello?” he answered without checking the display, knowing it would take too long for him to read the number.

 

“What have you done, you twat?” Brian barked.

 

“What?” Justin less-than-eloquently replied, his heart starting to thump erratically in his chest. Brian seemed upset, but Justin wasn’t sure why. Fuck, Brian was calling him. Brian was calling him?

 

“I don’t pick up the phone a couple of times, and you decide to call the agency to get hold of me? Seriously?” Brian was pissed.

 

Justin didn’t understand Brian’s reaction. “Well...I had no idea where we stood. I mean, can I even see you without calling them?” he inquired, knowing he was full of shit. Or maybe not, considering he didn’t know whether Brian wanted to spend time with him again. Maybe Brian wouldn’t agree to see him unless it was under the terms of a signed contract with the agency. Possibly not even then.

 

Fuck, Justin needed to stop over-thinking where Brian was concerned.

 

Brian let out a heavy sigh. “Justin, I’m a free man. The agency doesn’t own me. Sure, I’m not supposed to befriend my clients since that’s likely to take revenue away from the agency, but it’s still my choice.”

 

“Okay,” Justin responded quietly. Truthfully, he didn’t know what to say.

 

“Why did you call?” Brian inquired, and Justin felt his hope that Brian would want to see him plummet. Brian didn’t seem all that pleased to hear from him.

 

I want you. “I’d like to see you,” Justin chose to respond instead.

 

Brian didn’t answer at first. Justin was afraid he was going to hang up, but then the brunet asked, “When?”

 

Now? Justin considered his response, feeling his heart miss a beat at Brian’s question. “I don’t know... Whenever it’s convenient for you.”

 

“I’m not sure,” Brian responded. “My son was hospitalized last night.”

 

“What?” Justin exclaimed. “What happened? Is he alright?” he asked, the concern evident in his voice.

 

“He is,” Brian reassured him. “He threw up all night. Because of his condition, we had to rush him to the ER, so that they could check that the medications weren’t malfunctioning. Turns out he had eaten something that didn’t agree with him. He is better now. He should be able to go home tomorrow.”

 

“That’s why you have the weekend off,” Justin surmised.

 

“That’s why I have the weekend off,” Brian confirmed Justin’s assumption.

 

Justin nodded, even though nobody could see him. “I’m glad he’ll be okay. I can’t imagine what it’s like to have a sick child.”

 

“It’s scary,” Brian revealed quietly. “Listen, I need to head back to the hospital now.”

 

“Of course,” Justin agreed, ready to hang up.

 

“I will be at your place tomorrow night at eight thirty,” Brian announced unexpectedly. “Put on some dancing clothes.”

 

Justin didn’t respond, astounded by the fact that the brunet had just asked him out.

 

“Justin?” Brian recalled his wandering attention, clearly amused. Justin was sure the man was smirking now.

 

“Tomorrow. Eight thirty,” Justin repeated. “Dance club. You really like to make me dance,” he stated matter-of-factly, shaking his head. “ Fuck...”

 

“If you insist,” Brian teased. “I’d be happy to.”

 

Justin blushed, thankful that the brunet couldn’t see him.

 

“Later,” Brian disconnected the call, ending their conversation without waiting for Justin’s reply.

 

“Later,” Justin breathed out, as the dial tone buzzed in his ear, a smile spreading across his face.

 

When Daphne got home half an hour later, she was shocked to discover all of Justin clothes had been strewn across the bed, with the blond pouting next to them. “Justin, what’s wrong?” she asked, concerned.

 

“I don’t have anything to wear!” Justin exclaimed.

 

“Nothing to wear . . .” the young woman echoed, glancing in confusion as the pile of clothes on the bed. “I know you’re almost blind, but I can assure you there are about twenty outfits on that bed.” She picked up a pair of black jeans and nodded in approval, knowing how perfect Justin’s ass looked in them.

 

“Brian’s going to take me clubbing tomorrow,” Justin reported delightedly. His dejected look quickly returned, though, as he muttered, “But I need to look hot. And all these clothes are old!”

 

Daphne began to chuckle uncontrollably. “Justin, you’re such a Drama Queen. If I hadn’t already known you’re gay, I would now.”

 

Justin glared at her, before picking up a random shirt and throwing it in her direction, laughing.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Special thanks to the readers who have left us their thoughts on this story. We're very grateful for your reviews. Keep them coming!