Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

** again, we want to thank eureka1 (Karynn), Alison and Gloria for their help on this story! **

 

Thirty minutes later...

 

Brian walked out of the bathroom with only a towel hanging low on his hips. Hearing Justin’s voice, he looked around and noticed that he was on the phone, sitting on the edge on the bed. Regretting that the blond couldn’t see him, he decided to get dressed while his companion finished his conversation.

 

When Justin hung up, Brian was putting on a white shirt after having already thrown on a pair of faded blue jeans. Justin was looking in his direction, his gaze indicating that he had heard Brian and knew where he was standing.

 

“My cousin invited us to his bachelor party,” Justin announced. “I was just talking with my mom and informed her we wouldn’t join her tonight. She was delighted that I consented to go out and have fun.” He finished his sentence in a high-pitched tone, doing a poor imitation of his mother and making Brian chuckle.

 

“Come on then,” Brian demanded as he grabbed Justin’s arm to lead him to the bathroom. “Your hair needs a little fixing.”

 

“My hair is fine,” Justin whined.

 

“Stop being a princess,” Brian replied and slipped his lightly gel-coated fingers through Justin’s hair. Justin sighed but didn’t stop him. “There,” Brian said, smiling at his handiwork. “Now you’re ready. This outfit really suits you, you know.”

 

“You think?” Justin asked with a frown, wondering what he looked like in his jeans and pale-blue shirt. He recognized each piece of clothing thanks to a little Braille sign sewn onto the tag. “Daphne helped me choose everything. I mean, I’ve never seen myself in them, but she swore they fit me perfectly.”

 

“That outfit suits you, alright,” Brian confirmed, emitting a little whistle as he took a step back and peered down at Justin’s ass.

 

“Brian… I may be almost blind, but I can still feel your gaze on my ass right now.”

 

“It’s not my fault your ass is so round and full and…” Brian jested, but the blond turned around and hit him, missing his arm and actually punching his abs.

 

“Enough!” Justin ordered, laughing.

 

Brian smiled wider, as he realized that he loved hearing Justin laugh.

 


 

Justin's cousin had asked them to meet him at the reception desk at seven o’clock. As Brian walked him through the corridors toward their destination, Justin felt himself growing more apprehensive, since he hadn’t seen his cousin in a very long time.

 

A couple of minutes later, they were waiting for Dorian to join them, and Justin couldn’t keep himself from tugging at the collar of his shirt. Brian eventually had to bat his hands away, chiding, “Stop already. You look fine. No man on my arm would ever look like a troll anyway, so you don’t need to be nervous.”

 

Justin snorted but stopped fidgeting nonetheless.

 

“And for Christ’s sake, stop frowning or you’ll get age lines prematurely.” Brian warned, playfully smoothing his thumb over the skin between Justin’s brows. Justin just frowned some more to annoy his companion, biting his lip to hide his amusement when he heard Brian sigh exasperatedly.

 

A man approached them hurriedly, apparently intending to wrap his arms around Justin as he exclaimed, “Justin! It’s really you!”

 

However, Justin felt Brian get in the way before the stranger could come too close to him. Surprised, yet pleased by Brian’s protective behavior, he suddenly realized that this man had to be his cousin. “Dorian?”

 

“Man! Of course it’s me!” The sandy-brown-haired man answered and took him into his arms, hugging him tightly. Justin forced himself to relax while Brian stepped back to give them some privacy.

 

“I should have known! I’m happy to be here; it’s been so long since we last saw each other!” Justin blurted as they parted. He heard Brian clearing his throat and turned to introduce his companion. “Dorian, this is Brian, my… partner.”

 

Justin thought that Dorian had extended his hand for Brian to shake it, but he wasn’t sure. However, he heard him say, “Brian... It’s nice to meet you!”

 

“Likewise,” Brian responded and from the tone of his voice alone, Justin guessed that the brunet appreciated the view. His cousin had always been a looker, well a straight looker.

 

“I’m so happy for you, cuz! You deserve someone by your side after everything you’ve been through,” Dorian stated sincerely, before addressing Brian, “You’d better not hurt him.”

 

“That’s the farthest thought from my mind,” Brian answered automatically.

 

“I hope you two aren’t too tired and that you have everything you need?” Dorian inquired.

 

“We’re fine and the room is perfect, thanks.” Justin responded with a smile. “You said you were going to your bachelor party tonight?”

 

“Yes! And I would be delighted if you joined me and my friends.” Dorian confirmed.

 

Justin tilted his head to check that Brian wouldn’t mind spending his evening with strangers - probably all straight guys or lesbians even - and he was surprised when he thought he discerned a smile on Brian’s face. He wasn’t sure, though. “Brian?” he questioned, hoping the man would say yes, but not wanting him to do something he didn’t want to.

 

“Sure. Anything you want, my sweet love. You haven’t seen your cousin for so long, and you know all I want is for you to be happy,” Brian drawled purposely, knowing exactly how Justin was going to react to his stupid endearment.

 

Justin discreetly tried to crush Brian’s foot with his heel before focusing back on Dorian. “We’d be thrilled to spend the night with you and your friends. And you need to tell me everything about Mary!” He accepted his cousin’s offer, even if the thought of being surrounded by strangers inevitably made his heart thump erratically. He wanted to do this, to reclaim his life, to be able to enjoy an evening with friends without freaking out and, strangely, knowing Brian would be by his side all night helped soothe his anxiety.

 

“Awesome! I’m so happy you two are coming.” Dorian stated warmly.

 

“We are too,” Brian declared a bit too enthusiastically, placing his hand on Justin’s back. “Right, Justin?”

 

Justin wanted to elbow Brian and erase the stupid grin he must be sporting right now, but he refrained. Fortunately, if Dorian found Brian’s behavior a little weird, he didn’t acknowledge it.

 

“The party is being hosted at the hotel’s private club. Let’s say…” Dorian paused, probably looking at his watch. “...in a couple of hours? That way, you two will have plenty of time to get settled and have some dinner.” He paused, before sharing in a conspiratory tone, “And for your information, there will be booze, plenty of it. It’s going to be a great night!”

 

“As long as you’re not too hungover for your wedding tomorrow.” Justin quipped, chuckling.

 

“Don’t worry about me, I’ll be fine,” Dorian affirmed. “So, I’ll see you later? Just come to the club, and let the doorman know who you are. I’ll add your names to the list.”

 

“Perfect,” Justin confirmed with a smile. “And congratulations on your wedding, Dorian.”

 

“Thanks!” Dorian said, as he stepped back. “Don’t be late!” he demanded cheerfully, before stepping energetically in the opposite direction, leaving the two men on their own.

 

Justin stood still for a few more seconds, with Brian waiting patiently for him to decide what he wanted to do next. As if on cue, Justin’s stomach growled loudly.

 

“Hungry?” Brian asked in an amused tone.

 

Justin snorted at Brian’s stupid question. “You’re a perceptive man.”

 

“Well, you’re still a growing boy. You need to eat to stay ‘in shape’, especially since we have plans tonight,” Brian advised mischievously as he leaned in closer.

 

“Considering your behavior, I could safely say that I’m as much an adult as you are, and fuck you! My shape is just fine,” Justin retorted immediately, playfully pushing Brian, but he couldn’t prevent his lips from turning upward at Brian’s silly banter.

 

Brian chuckled and grabbed Justin’s hand to lead him to the restaurant.

 

A waiter greeted them warmly and offered to seat them at a secluded table. Brian thanked the man, the two of them then following the waiter.

 

After ordering, Justin decided to fill Brian in on his cousin’s life. Dorian was twenty-two years old, had graduated as a physical therapist in June 2001, and had a best friend named Lily, who was a lesbian. He had met his future wife, Mary, during the party celebrating his graduation, which had been organized at the Paradise Resort.

 

Justin hadn’t seen Dorian since he was fourteen and Dorian seventeen, but they had kept in touch via email over the years. Still, the last time Justin had emailed Dorian, the bashing hadn’t yet happened. Jennifer had informed her sister - Dorian’s mother - of her son’s condition, though. The young man had therefore sent an email to Justin during his recovery, notifying him among other things that he had met a girl, but the blond had not been able to respond at the time.

 

Truthfully, Justin had been surprised not to receive an invitation to the wedding. Dorian had probably assumed that he was still living with his mother, and Jennifer must have forgotten to inform him that he was invited until last week. Moreover, she probably had thought that he wouldn’t go, and he couldn’t blame her. This was the first time since the attack that he would attend such an event.

 

“He’s hot,” Brian stated conversationally, as Justin was trying to describe more about his cousin’s family.

 

“Well, I haven’t seen him in years except for a few pictures, so I will have to trust you on that.”

 

“Don’t worry, he’s not as hot as you are,” Brian whispered knowingly, obviously grinning.

 

“Thanks… I think,” Justin responded with a playful frown. “By the way…” he added, “I think we should come up with a plausible story about how we met. I don’t want any more awkward moments to occur over the weekend.”

 

“Hmm… what places do you frequent? Do you go to clubs on Liberty Avenue?” Brian asked curiously.

 

Justin shook his head. “No. I usually stay indoors. I don’t like crowded places.”

 

“You have shows at the gallery,” Brian pointed out.

 

Justin shrugged. “Yeah… but I rarely get out on my own. Except for the art supply store. I could spend hours at that place.”

 

“Well, that’s perfect,” Brian stated. “We have the art supply store in common.”

 

“Why would you go there?” Justin inquired.

 

“One of my closest friends is an artist,” he explained. It wasn’t exactly a lie. Lindsay loved to paint, after all. But he usually visited the store to buy sketch pads and painting tubes for his son. His little boy loved getting his fingers dirty and slapping his little hands on blank pages.

 

“Oh?” Justin nodded.

 

“Hmm… actually, you know her. It’s Lindsay, Lindsay Peterson,” Brian revealed.

 

“Lindsay is a friend of yours?” Justin asked, dumbfounded.

 

“She is,” Brian confirmed. “I saw her last Sunday. She is the one who brought me the article about our supposed romance. She told me she suggested you for the exhibition.”

 

Justin was surprised by this new information. “She did. I wouldn’t have had my first show if not for her,” he disclosed, still amazed to have been so lucky. “Does she know…” He wanted to ask if she was aware of Brian’s job, but he didn’t finish his thought, sensing that it could be a sensitive topic. Unfortunately, Brian had already guessed what he meant to ask.

 

“What? That I’m an escort?” Brian barked, and Justin shifted uncomfortably in his seat, but he confirmed his question with a small nod. The brunet sighed. “She does. I’m not hiding who I am. Especially not from my friends.”

 

“I’m sorry, I…” Justin began.

 

“Don’t.” Brian cut him off immediately. “There’s nothing to be sorry for. It’s my life, not yours, and I’m not apologizing. I do what I have to do and I surely don’t need your pity.”

 

“I’m not…” Justin countered, but Brian interrupted again.

 

“Whatever. Can we move on now?” The brunet half-questioned, half-ordered, a fake smile on his face.

 

“Sure…”

 

However, neither man knew what to say to break the tension filling the air. So, they pretended to focus on their meals, staying silent for a long time.

 


 

Nine p.m…

 

Brian didn’t know exactly why he was pissed at Justin, but he was. His opinion shouldn't matter. Hell, HE shouldn’t matter. And still…

 

For now, he had to suck it up because they were walking to the bachelor party. The club was situated outside the hotel, about one hundred feet from the water, allowing the sleeping guests to remain undisturbed by the loud music in the middle of the night.

 

Arriving at the door of the club, Brian eyed the doorman, an average looking but very muscular redhead, before giving him their names. The man checked his list and let them enter.

 

The club was nothing like Babylon, but it was spectacular. The dance floor was twice the size of the ones in Pittsburgh. The back of the club could be opened to the outside, with a large, secure, outdoor swimming-pool area and private access to the beach a few feet away. The music - some electro song - was already loud and upbeat, the lasers amplifying its rhythm, while the dimmed lights created a sensual atmosphere. The bar was quite large and well stocked.

 

When they reached the bar, Brian noticed Justin was sticking a finger in his ear and wincing.

 

“Is the music too loud?” Brian wondered, after ordering a neat Beam for himself and a light beer for his companion.

 

“I just need to get used to it. Since I lost my sight, my hearing has become more sensitive.”

 

“Hmm…” Brian nodded slightly before taking the beer and placing it in Justin’s hand. He then took a sip of his own drink.

 

“Justin! Brian! You made it!” An already buzzed Dorian approached them.

 

“Hey, Dorian.” Justin smiled. “This is really nice!”

 

“Wait until you see the pool...” Dorian winked, before wrapping one arm around Justin’s shoulders and the other around Brian’s. “Come meet my friends!” He didn’t wait for an answer before guiding them toward the back of the club and then to the pool. As they headed outside, though, Dorian lost his grip on Justin.

 

Brian allowed Dorian to drag him to a table where several of his friends were already drinking and laughing, but he kept his eyes on Justin, who was stumbling in this unfamiliar space. When Justin almost missed the step leading down to the patio, he hastily disentangled himself from Dorian, catching Justin’s elbow just before he fell.

 

“Okay, Justin?” he checked quietly, his heart beating surprisingly fast as he gripped the blond's elbow tightly.

 

Justin nodded, but Brian could feel him shaking.

 

“Whoa, cuz! I’m so sorry!” Dorian stared at Justin, worried. “I didn’t hurt you, right?”

 

“I’m fine, Dory,” Justin teased. Brian figured that was one of Dorian’s childhood nicknames and, from the look on his face, it was safe to assume that he hated it.

 

“Glad to hear it, Jussy,” Dorian bit back.

 

Jussy,” Brian repeated, laughing wholeheartedly.

 

“I dare you to call me that again!” Justin jabbed a finger into Brian’s chest, making Brian laugh even harder.

 

Dorian introduced them to his friends, and they mingled with the group fairly fast, especially when Brian commented about being at a bachelor party and wondered why there was a woman amongst them.

 

“Lily is not a woman, she’s a lesbian,” one of Dorian’s friends - Stephen - commented, as he plopped down next to Brian on the sofa, his arm stretched out along the back behind the brunet.

 

“Lesbians are women,” Brian retorted dryly, peering at the new guy. He raised his eyebrows when the guy briefly grazed his neck.

 

“If you say so…” Stephen drawled with a seductive look, moistening his lips before standing up and moving to the dance floor.

 

“Fuck. Even the straight ones aren’t straight anymore…” Brian distractedly commented, as he stared at Stephen’s ass while the man walked away.

 

“What?” Justin asked, confused. He was sitting on the other side of Brian, but he hadn’t noticed Stephen hitting on his supposed boyfriend.

 

“Never mind.”

 

“Hey, guys. You have to stay hydrated,” Lily - Dorian’s best friend - stated with a mischievous smile as she arrived with a tray full of cocktails. She placed the tray on the coffee table in front of them, as well as a bottle of Tequila, slices of lemon, and shot glasses.

 

“Well…” Brian took a deep breath. “Tequila and cocktails, Sunshine. What do you say?”

 

“I’m game if you are,” Justin responded with a grin. He seemed excited about drinking alcohol without worrying about being carded. Certainly, no one in their group seemed to mind that he wasn’t old enough. “A cocktail first. Surprise me.”

 

So, Brian did. First, a light cocktail, then another one, stronger this time. And finally, a couple shots of tequila. By the time Justin had gulped the last shot, the young man felt pretty good. Scratch that, he felt great. He couldn’t help himself and leaned closer to Brian. Not that Brian seemed to mind.

 

Sensing that Justin had more than enough alcohol in his system, Brian suggested they head to the dance floor. Justin accepted happily, apparently forgetting all about his fear of crowds and his disability. The second he stood up, though, he started to sway and almost lost his balance.

 

“Easy, Sunshine.” Brian chuckled and wrapped an arm around Justin’s waist, supporting him.  When he was sure that Justin was ready, he led him to the dance floor, joining Dorian and his friends who were dancing uninhibitedly to a techno song.

 

As soon as Brian found a less crowded spot, he placed his hands on Justin’s hips, and his companion looped his arms around his neck, smiling widely as he started to move his body to the music. He looked… so thrilled and carefree, as if he were letting go for the first time in a very long while. In fact, Brian was surprised but happy at how comfortable the young man seemed to be. It was like being with a completely different person.

 

“Having fun?” Dorian asked, stepping closer but not losing his rhythm as he danced with Lily.

 

“Oh yeah, I feel amazing! It’s so good to be here!” Justin beamed, moving closer to Brian and caressing his neck, as he breathed out, “Right, Brian?”

 

“Yeah... It’s great to see you like this,” he stated sincerely, staring at Justin’s smiling face. An unexpected feeling spread through his chest as he stroked the blond's sweaty hair with his fingers.

 

“You really are cute together,” Lily shouted over the music, before advising with a laugh, “Maybe Justin’s next drink should be water, though.”

 

“I think so, too.” Brian agreed, not sure exactly what was happening. The word ‘cute’ usually made him want to barf but, right now, he didn’t care. Especially with the way Justin was rubbing deliciously against his body.

 

They swayed together for a long time. Eventually, Brian decided that Justin needed to stay hydrated if he didn’t want to get sick by the end of the night, and he pulled the blond’s hands away from his neck to signal that they should stop dancing. “Come on, Justin,” he whispered in his ear and dragged him to the bar, where he ordered two bottles of water.

 

Once they had their water, they walked back outside. A light breeze caressed their skin as Brian looked up at the sky. It truly was a beautiful night.

 

They headed towards the pool. Stephen was there, sitting slouched low on the sofa. A stripper was standing over him, slowly moving her hips and accepting the shots he offered her, while his hands traveled across her bare stomach, his eyes feeding on the sight of her scantily covered body.

 

Brian steered Justin to one of the love seats, away from the scene. Glancing one last time towards Stephen, he noticed that he was now licking the girl’s bare stomach.

 

“Is that Dorian here with us?” Justin questioned. “Why are we sitting so squished together?”

 

“I like being close to you,” Brian declared playfully. “And no. Dorian is still dancing with Lily.”

 

After a while, Stephen sent the stripper away, locking eyes with Brian. Once he was sure that the brunet was looking at him, he blatantly rearranged his hard-on and licked his lips, making it pretty clear what he wanted from him.

 

Brian resisted the urge to roll his eyes. One moment ago, Stephen had been all over that woman, and now the guy was openly hitting on him.

 

“Drink your water,” Brian demanded softly as he focused on Justin again, uncapping the bottle in his hands.

 

“I want more cocktails. The one with vodka was delicious,” Justin replied as he took a sip of his water.

 

“I bet.” Brian chuckled, playfully ruffling Justin’s hair, who pushed the brunet in response. “Though not until you drink all of that.”

 

“Quite the lightweight, huh?” Stephen joked, insinuating himself into their conversation and nodding towards Justin.

 

Brian chose his words carefully, in order not to offend Justin or disclose his age. “We don’t indulge so much back home, and Justin isn’t used to drinking Tequila.”

 

“Mmmhmm! Those shots were so good!” Justin stated dreamily before whispering in Brian’s ear, “Between you and me, I’d love to drink body shots off you.”

 

Brian couldn’t help but laugh. His supposed boyfriend was well and truly drunk. “Maybe I should remind you that we have a wedding to attend tomorrow. But if you keep drinking like you were, I foresee a night spent in the bathroom and, I can assure you, it will not be a pleasant experience.”

 

“I never get sick when I drink booze,” Justin stated, jutting his chin out. Brian had to wonder exactly how many times Justin had gotten wasted in the last couple of years. He truthfully doubted it had happened very often. Fortunately, Justin finished his bottle of water without further complaint, and soon he seemed to be less fuzzy-headed.

 

“I need to go to the restroom. Can you help me?” Justin finally asked in a low voice, so that only Brian could hear him.

 

“Sure,” Brian agreed before escorting him. In the men’s room, the brunet watched Justin discreetly so that he wouldn’t slip and hurt himself; then, after Justin had washed his hands, they headed back outside and Brian guided his companion to the sofa. Turning to look at Stephen, who was still sitting in the same place, Brian demanded, “Keep an eye on him. I’ll be right back.”

 

“Okay,” Stephen replied with a nod, still eyeing him avariciously, but Brian ignored him and left to order a light cocktail, intent on making this Justin’s last drink.

 

What he had failed to notice, though, was that Stephen had already ordered a bottle of Beam.

 

The club was packed now, so it took a while for Brian to get the cocktail. When he finally had drinks for both of them, he started to walk back to the pool but, on his way, he found Justin dancing with Stephen, obviously more inebriated than when he had left him.

 

“Justin?” Brian called out with a concerned frown.

 

“Oh, you’re finally here!” Justin responded with a goofy smile on his face and, from the tone of his voice alone, Brian knew he was wasted.

 

“I got you a cocktail but I’m not sure you need it anymore,” Brian stated, an accusatory edge in his voice.

 

“Oh, thanks, but Stephen already got me a drink,” Justin replied as he raised his glass of Beam, which Stephen had just refilled from the bottle that he’d carried onto the dance floor.

 

“Justin...” Brian said sternly. “You shouldn’t have…”

 

“Relax, Brian! You’re worse than my mother!” Justin chastised him. “Come on, let’s dance!” he ordered, but he miscalculated the distance between himself and Brian and spilled the drink Brian was holding all over the brunet’s shirt.

 

“Oops!”

 

This wasn’t happening. Brian sighed and put the empty glass on the nearest table. He then attempted to dry his shirt with some paper napkins, before coming back to Justin and taking the young man in his arms, being careful not to press his damp top against the blond.

 

“You know what? I think you should take this off,” Stephen suggested, positioning himself behind Brian and pushing his shirt up.

 

Brian let him, wondering how far he would go, especially considering his ‘boyfriend’ was in his arms.

 

“What’s going on?” Justin frowned when he felt Brian’s shirt moving up. “Stephen?” Brian could hear the hard edge in Justin’s voice as the blond figured out what was happening. “Why are you trying to undress my man?”

 

That word made Brian laugh. He ignored the fact that his heart skipped a beat.

 

“Oh, I thought we could have a little fun...” Stephen purred in Brian’s ear and, soon, the brunet found himself sandwiched between Justin and Stephen.

 

If he’d previously enjoyed such situations, he now didn’t. Firstly, he was with his client, who was supposed to be his partner. And Stephen was far too desperate to appeal to Brian.

 

“We’re not interested.” Brian addressed Stephen curtly, before wrapping his arms around Justin and walking him backward, away from the man. Sadly, the interloper didn’t get the message and remained glued to Brian’s back.

 

Stephen breathed out into Brian’s ear, “Don’t be like that. The three of us could spend an amazing night together. Although, I’d rather have you all to….”

 

He didn’t have the time to finish his sentence. Justin lifted his hands, smacking Stephen in the face and forcing the man to step back. Then, he slipped his fingers into Brian’s hair.

 

Next thing Brian knew, Justin’s soft, pliant lips were on his. The kiss started out chaste, but soon Brian felt Justin licking his lips, seeking entrance. Brian was so surprised that he didn’t respond initially, but once he felt Justin’s tongue against his lips, he fervently attacked the man in his arms, slipping his tongue into his mouth and eliciting a beautiful moan from the blond. He pulled Justin closer, one hand clasping the back of Justin’s neck while their tongues danced together.

 

Jesus. It felt so fucking good.

 

Eventually, Brian had to break the kiss to breathe and, when he did, he rested his forehead against Justin’s, inhaling deeply. Justin didn’t move at first, but suddenly he stepped back, realizing what he had done.

 

“Oh, my God, I’m so sorry...” Justin apologized, even if Brian was sure the blonde wasn’t that sorry. Hell, Brian wasn’t sorry at all. In addition, Stephen was nowhere to be found, Justin’s message having been delivered loud and clear.

 

“Don’t be. That was the highlight of my night,” he quipped with a soft, playful smile, his forehead touching Justin’s again. He eventually leaned back and declared in a low voice, “Though, I do think it’s time for little boys to call it a night.”

 

Justin smiled. “I assure you, I’m not a little boy. There is nothing little about me.” Apparently, there was still some alcohol running through his veins.

 

Brian laughed out loud at Justin’s boldness before taking his hand and leading him to find his cousin.

 

They discovered Dorian at the bar with his friends, trying to talk all of them into participating in a little contest involving multiple shots of tequila. Brian tried to decline, pretending that they had to leave because Justin was tired, but the blond didn’t cooperate at all, and all too soon he had downed several shots.

 

He could be so infuriating. After the fifth shot, Justin was about to climb onto the bar to perform a sensual dance - that was the new contest - when Brian intervened and dragged him out of the club, ignoring Justin’s complaints, as he whined all the way to their suite.

 

When Brian finally locked the door behind them, he realized that Justin had disappeared from sight. Sure enough, he heard a loud yell and ran to find the boy sprawled on the floor in the bedroom, laughing hysterically.

 

“I think I missed the stairs. Stairs are so mean to me, Brian!” Justin giggled stupidly.

 

Brian rushed to his side. “Are you okay? Did you hurt yourself?” he asked, the worry evident in his voice as he inwardly cursed Justin’s reckless behavior.

 

“I’m awesome!” Justin reassured him excitedly as he tried to stand up. Brian helped him, keeping a hand on his arm as the blond added, “Though, I’m bummed you didn’t let me use your beautiful body to drink those shots...”

 

Brian rolled his eyes. Justin was so fucking wasted. “Another time. For now, you need to sleep it off,” he advised as he led the blond towards the bed. “Sit here. I’ll get you some water and something to eat. You’ll need that if you want to have the tiniest chance that you won’t get sick.”

 

“I won’t get sick. I’m great!” Justin refuted before inquiring unexpectedly, “Was that stripper any good?”

 

Brian searched inside the fridge for something to eat and frowned at Justin’s question. “Did you see her?”

 

“I could hear high heels… and saw a body swaying to the music when we were sitting by the pool. I figured it was a stripper.”

 

“Yeah, well, I couldn’t care less… since she didn’t have a dick,” Brian replied as he retrieved a granola bar and a bottle of water, closing the fridge before turning around.

 

He gasped.

 

Justin was standing on the bed, trying to unbuckle his belt.

 

“What are you doing?” Brian asked incredulously.

 

“I bet you a thousand dollars that I can strip better than she can,” he stated with conviction, finally succeeding in taking off his belt without falling. He threw it away carelessly, barely missing Brian’s head. The brunet glared at him, even though Justin couldn’t see him. “Do we have some soft music? I want to strip to a sexy song. For you...”

 

“Justin,” Brian sighed loudly. He felt like he was spending an afternoon with Gus. And even then, his son wasn’t such a troublemaker. “I think you should concentrate on drinking some water and eating a little solid food before trying to sleep. You’ll end up breaking your neck if you don’t listen to me.”

 

Justin didn’t listen to him, of course. He continued to strip, barely managing to take off his shirt, but tossing it aside with a satisfied grin nonetheless, obviously aiming for Brian. “Woohoo!”

 

Brian sighed again but let him be, approaching the bed just in case he needed to help Justin.

 

Justin moved his hips languorously - well, as languorously as a wasted man could - before he unzipped his pants. Brian was about to stop him when Justin exclaimed, “Oh, my socks! I need to take them off first!”

 

In his defense, he tried very hard not to fall but of course, he was doomed. Brian barely managed to catch him as he lost his balance and almost belly-flopped off of the bed.

 

Brian smiled as he rubbed Justin’s back. “Come on, Stripper Man. You’ve had your little show; now it’s time for you to listen to the grown-ups.”

 

“Hurff…” Justin responded drowsily.

 

“You’re kidding me,” Brian scowled. Mere seconds later, Justin started snoring, indicating he had passed out. Brian’s hand stilled on Justin’s back, and he stared up at the ceiling, saying to no one in particular, “Kill me now.”

 

He was convinced that it was going to be a long night and, unfortunately, he was right.

 


 

Forty minutes later…

 

Justin woke up, feeling like he was going to die because of the pain in his stomach. He had a hard time remembering where he was or what he had done, so he started to panic, his breathing becoming frantic.

 

Before he panicked even more, however, he heard Brian’s voice and felt the man’s reassuring hand slipping through his hair. He must have been sitting next to him, and Justin briefly wondered what had happened before he felt a sudden rush of nausea overtake him.

 

“Bathroom...” was all he managed to say. Brian reacted immediately and helped him get up, Justin barely having enough time to get there before he started to puke his guts into the toilet.

 

He would have been mortified for Brian to see him like this, if his brain had been functioning properly. But for now, all he could focus on were the overwhelming waves of nausea. He had never been so sick.

 

He wouldn’t remember much of the night come morning. Yet, his mind would remind him that the man sitting next to him right now, waiting for him to feel better and even rubbing his back in circles, had stayed by his side and had given him the most beautiful kiss of his entire life.