Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

** Needless to say that our betas's help is greatly appreciated! A special thanks to Karynn for her extra help **

 

Friday evening…

 

Brian was lying nude on a king-size bed at the Hotel Monaco downtown, waiting for John to join him. Earlier that evening, he had accompanied his client to a private event held in the Rialto Suite on the rooftop of the same hotel, most of the doctors from the Vision Clinic having gathered to talk about their plans to expand the facility.

 

Brian was always entertained when John introduced him to his colleagues. All of them knew the middle-aged ophthalmologist had never gotten married and was most certainly gay, but being escorted by a younger man as good looking as Brian inevitably raised questions among his peers. Every time the brunet attended this kind of event, he could see it in their gazes - the mixture of awe and incomprehension as they scrutinized his relationship with John. They presumably thought Brian was involved with the doc because of his healthy finances and, truth be told, they were not entirely wrong. In any case, the escort never interacted with the guests much, opting to play the pretty, quiet boy on John’s arm instead. Most doctors were just plain boring as well as way too egocentric for Brian’s taste anyway.

 

When they had retired to the suite John had booked for the evening, the man had surprisingly disappeared into the bathroom, Brian hearing him lock the door behind himself. Frowning at this unexpected turn of events, the brunet had shuffled toward the bed, undressed, and lain down, waiting for his client to join him.

 

When John walked out of the bathroom a few minutes later, he seemed surprised as he peered at Brian lying naked on the bed. Still fully dressed, his brow furrowing, he headed over to sit on the mattress after a brief hesitation.

 

Brian didn’t understand John’s sudden shyness. The brunet had thought that his client would want to collect his payment after having helped Justin enter the trial. In fact, Brian intended to demonstrate exactly how grateful he was. He therefore crawled over John and reached for his zipper.

 

“What are you doing?” John asked as Brian slowly opened the fly of his pants.

 

“I’m going to suck you,” Brian responded to the man’s silly question.

 

“Brian, no…” John tensed, but he didn’t move away, Brian’s fingers now grazing his dick through his underwear.

 

“You don’t have to pay me. I want to do this.” Brian ignored John’s reluctance, puzzled that the man wanted him to stop. The doctor was usually a sucker for sexual attention.

 

“Do you? Really?” John inquired dubiously, but his breath caught in his throat as Brian released his dick from its confinement and began to jerk him slowly.

 

The truth was, Brian didn’t want to do this, not really. He had decided not to fuck his new clients, although that would prove difficult with those he already had sex with on a regular basis. Brian didn’t know how he would proceed with them, though it was different with John. The brunet owed him and wanted to give him something to remember. The ophthalmologist had always loved it when Brian took charge, but he fortunately wasn’t the kind of man who would expect more than a good fuck. John just loved sex, and from the brunet’s perspective, there was nothing wrong with selecting the best partner.

 

That’s why he ignored John’s question and lowered his head to lap at the man’s cock, before engulfing him in his mouth, proceeding to give him the blowjob of his life. John caved in - he would have been a fool not to - and for the next ten minutes, his loud gasps of ecstasy echoed around the comfortable suite.

 

Ultimately, the older man climaxed in Brian’s mouth and then collapsed onto the bed. Satisfied, the brunet got up and went to spit out his client’s come in the bathroom’s sink. He rinsed his mouth and stared at his reflection for a moment, before walking back into the room, naked and half-hard. Sitting back down on the bed, he peered at John, waiting for him to recover enough to speak.

 

“You’re holding up, old man?” Brian teased as he patted John’s thigh, the man having yet to regain the power of speech.

 

“I will miss that,” John replied, ignoring Brian’s reference to his age.

 

“What are you babbling about? I know you came hard-” the brunet mocked, but John cut him off.

 

“This is the last time we’ll meet for anything related to sex. We won’t fuck again,” John declared as he straightened himself, putting his dick back into his pants and zipping up.

 

Brian leaned back, surprised by his client’s announcement. “Why do you think that?”

 

John gave Brian a pointed look. “You know why.”

 

Brian, surmising what the man meant, shook his head and sighed.

 

John insisted. “I’ve seen the way you look at him as well as witnessed what you’re ready to do for him, and I get it, Brian. You don’t want to be an escort anymore. So why on earth are you still doing it?” he questioned. From the look on his face, Brian understood John wasn’t talking about the part of his job that involved escorting his clients, but rather about the sex.

 

Brian glanced at John incredulously. “Why do you think? I need the money,” he barked in irritation, although that wasn’t exactly true. Sure, the extra cash was nice, but Brian didn’t need it as much as when he had first started this job. Gus’s treatments were already covered, the brunet having acquired the best health insurance possible as soon as he had enough money to do so. John didn’t know about his son, however. They had never been close enough for Brian to talk about his private life, even though he liked John and truly respected him.

 

John must have sensed that Brian wasn’t being completely honest with him, as he responded, “I don’t believe you,” challenging the theory that Brian wanted to have sex with his clients for additional money.

 

Brian gazed down and pinched the bridge of his nose, before standing up and snapping, “Fine! I don’t want to, not anymore. But it’s just sex. And, what? You think all my clients will be as sympathetic as you are if I tell them I won’t rim and fuck them into oblivion anymore?” he asked frustratedly, grabbing his pants from the nearby chair and hastily putting them on. Lounging around naked with a fully dressed client while they discussed Brian being paid for sex was not his idea of fun.

 

John must have sensed that Brian didn’t like where the conversation was heading, because he didn’t react to his outburst. He merely asked, “How many clients do you fuck on a regular basis anyway?”

 

Brian paused, feigning to think. “I don’t know. Five, six? Who’s counting?” he snarked as he leaned over the chair to pick up his shirt.

 

John stood up from the bed. “Well, then, screw them. It’s your body, Brian. Your choice.”

 

Brian chuckled sardonically as he buttoned his blue shirt.

 

John frowned at Brian’s reaction. “What?”

 

Brian shook his head and turned around, walking toward the minibar in the lounge area. John followed him. “You make it sound like it’s so easy to make that choice. To just... be a pretty boy and not a whore.” He bent over to retrieve a mini bottle of Beam.

 

“You can just say no,” John insisted. “And I’m sure you can live without the extra money, can’t you?”

 

Brian stared at John as he took a sip of the bourbon. “Probably.”

 

“What’s stopping you then?” John pushed as he extended his hand for Brian to give him the liquor.

 

Brian complied, an amused look appearing on his face. “You’re not even going to pretend that you would miss my dick up your ass?”

 

John chuckled at that, making Brian grin slightly. “I will but, somehow, being fucked by a man who wants to be with someone else is not that pleasant. I’m just saying, it’s okay to want out. You could find another job.”

 

Brian’s smile vanished. He snatched the bottle of Beam from John’s hands. “Right. I need money, John, you know that,” he declared, before drinking some more.

 

John wasn’t satisfied with Brian’s reply. “Why?”

 

The man’s question made Brian pause. The brunet had no intention of sharing any personal information with him, although the ophthalmologist seemed to be trustworthy. “Look, I’m not going to confide in you about the shit the rulers of this fucking universe have put my family through. I’m not a pathetic whore, at least. But I need a steady income, and I can’t afford to find myself out of a job.”

 

John considered his response for a moment and then nodded. “Okay. But I still stand by what I said. The contract I signed with the ‘One Life’ agency doesn’t mention sexual favors.”

 

Brian stared at John. He was well aware that his employer had never expected more from him that to parade around on the arms of rich, egocentric men. In fact, Brian had already made a decision, but John hadn’t realized that until now.

 

The man’s eyes widened, however, as Brian kept gazing at him, silently conveying that he had, indeed, already made up his mind. “You won’t fuck your clients any longer, will you? I’m trying to convince you when you have already decided to stop.”

 

Brian shrugged. “I’m not quitting my job. But I’m cutting back on the sex,” he announced, his lips turning upward. “This was a farewell blowjob. I hope you enjoyed it since I put in a lot of effort.”

 

“You’re unbelievable,” John replied with a dry laugh.

 

“Say it. You will miss me,” Brian drawled, smirking. “Not just anybody can suck a cock like I do.”

 

“I like your modesty,” John countered playfully. “And yes, I will miss the sex. We’ve had a lot of fun together.”

 

“You’re not half bad in bed, you know,” Brian commented. “You should be more confident when you approach a man. You’d be surprised how turned on tricks can be when a hot gay man promises them a night they won’t forget.”

 

“You think I’m hot?” John inquired, astonished.

 

“You’re not my usual type,” Brian bluntly responded. “But you’re hot, in an ‘I want a sugar daddy’ kind of way.”

 

“Oh my God, Brian,” John burst out laughing. “You know how to make a man feel special.”

 

“That’s my job, Doc. I’m an expert,” Brian drawled, smirking, as he drank one last sip of Beam. Recapping the bottle, he asked, “Now that we can’t fuck anymore, what about playing Scrabble?”

 

John pushed him playfully as he revealed with a slight smile, “I love Scrabble.”

 

“Of course you do. You’re a nerd.” Brian grinned back.

 

************************

 

Sunday...

 

Justin had spent his weekend alone. Daphne was studying at a friend’s for her final exams, which would take place next week, and Justin had taken advantage of her absence to paint all day on Friday and Saturday, once he had returned home from Brian’s loft in the morning.

 

Brian had been working for the last couple of days, but the brunet had asked Justin to pick him up on Sunday, so that they could go to the park with Gus. The blond had gladly accepted, happy that Brian wanted him to accompany them. He knew how precious those moments were to his lover, and he was grateful to play a part in that outing.

 

Brian picked him up at three in the afternoon, Justin joining him on the sidewalk in front of his building so that Brian wouldn’t have to move Gus from the Jeep. The brunet greeted him with a deep, fiery kiss, before helping Justin into the car, while Gus babbled happily in the child’s seat in the back. Justin leaned back to greet the child and tickle him playfully from his position in the passenger seat, waiting for Brian to get in.

 

A moment later, Justin asked playfully as he locked his seatbelt, “How was your weekend, Dear?”

 

Justin could tell Brian was glaring over his use of the endearment. “It was alright,” he responded nevertheless as he put the car in motion.

 

“You saw Dr. Lewis on Friday?” Justin inquired. Brian had informed him he was escorting John to a hotel downtown for an event related to the clinic’s business.

 

“Hmm,” Brian sort of acquiesced.

 

“And your new client yesterday?” Justin continued.

 

“Steve MacPherson.” Brian confirmed, “CFO of Aston Industries. He’s a cunt.” he added matter-of-factly. “What about you?”

 

“What do you mean he’s a cunt?” Justin questioned with a frown.

 

“Just that,” Brian responded. “He is the kind of condescending shit who feels superior to everyone else. I’ll let you imagine how he behaved with a man like me.”

 

“You didn’t... I mean, he didn’t hurt you, did he?” Justin asked, fear suddenly lacing his words.

 

“What? No,” Brian denied, yet Justin heard the slight hesitation in his voice.

 

“You’re lying,” Justin stated forcibly, annoyed that Brian would hide what had really happened with his client.

 

“Justin…” Brian warned, but Justin cut him off.

 

“Stop trying to protect me and tell me the fucking truth.” he adamantly demanded.

 

Fortunately, after a short silence, Brian relented, revealing, “He made it perfectly clear that he wanted to fuck me, or should I say ‘to fuck my face hard and come down my throat’. But since I don’t have a kink for being forced into sex with some stupid, arrogant dickhead who gushes about his clueless wife and his stupid tricks, I politely declined. Apparently, though, he didn’t like being denied, so when I walked out on him and left the restaurant, he followed me and shoved me against a car in the parking lot before basically assaulting me.”

 

“He WHAT? That mother fucker!” Justin barked as he felt a rush of adrenaline coursing through him, wincing when he realized Gus had probably heard him curse. Brian laughed at his outburst, however. Justin shook his head, trying to ignore that the brunet could have been hurt, which made his blood run cold. “I hope you reported him to the police.”

 

“Right. Who do you think they would have believed? Me, the prostitute? Or a rich businessman?” Brian retorted, before disclosing smugly, “Besides, I punched him. And let me assure you that his balls will remember me, too. And not in a pleasurable way.”

 

“You punched him and kicked him in the balls?” Justin surmised, astounded and proud.

 

Brian hummed in agreement. “A damsel in distress needs to know a few tricks to defend herself,” he jested, before resuming, “Of course, he called my boss and threatened to have us arrested, but Jeffrey is used to dealing with that kind of nutcase, so we’re good.”

 

“Wow...” Justin wasn’t sure how to react. He sometimes forgot that Brian had not chosen to become an escort for any reason other than to help his son. He wasn’t sure he would ever have been able to deal with that kind of situation if he were in Brian’s shoes.

 

“Welcome to my world!” Brian intoned sardonically, before informing Justin as he killed the ignition, “We’re here by the way.”

 

Justin nodded in acknowledgment, unlocking his seatbelt before grabbing the door handle. As he exited the car after checking with Brian that he would be stepping out onto pavement in the parking lot, he heard a familiar voice calling him.

 

Shit. That’s all he needed right now.

 

“Justin?” his mother’s voice echoed in his ears, making him inwardly cringe. He had avoided her calls ever since that morning when she’d caught Brian sleeping on his couch, and he had barely taken the time to text her during the week. She wasn’t even aware of the news regarding his surgery.

 

“Mom,” he greeted her sharply, waiting for Brian to join him with Gus. She hadn’t done anything to deserve his annoyed reaction, but explaining his relationship with Brian wasn’t something he wanted to do right now, and he knew she was going to question the reason they were together. Not to mention Gus.

 

“Jennifer,” Brian noticed her as he walked around the car, Justin hearing his shoes tapping against the asphalt, until they stopped by his side.

 

“Brian… what…” Jennifer stammered. Justin could hear the stupefaction in her voice. She must have just noticed Gus.

 

“Mom, this is Brian’s son, Gus,” Justin decided to introduce the child, since he didn’t have superpowers to either go back in time or to make her disappear on command. He regretted not being able to see her, though. It would have been easier to deflect her if he’d known what she was thinking, although he had a pretty good idea of how she would react.

 

“Say hi to your grandmother-in-law, Sonny Boy!” Brian exclaimed too cheerfully. The blond scowled, understanding his lover wasn’t going to make this encounter easier.

 

“You have a son?” his mother asked, flabbergasted. Brian didn’t respond but Justin realized he must have communicated silently with her, since she suddenly clarified, “I didn’t know that you… well… he looks like you, though, so he must be yours. I mean… How did you…”

 

“Mom, what are you doing here?” Justin cut her off.

 

“I have an appointment nearby,” Jennifer informed him. “What are you doing here?” she retorted.

 

“Brian and I are seeing each other,” Justin challenged. The sooner his mother accepted their relationship, the better.

 

“For real this time?” she inquired sardonically, although they probably deserved that one.

 

Brian had the audacity to laugh at her reply, causing Justin to glare at him. “Sorry, Sunshine, but your mother has a point,” the brunet remarked.

 

Justin behaved very maturely then. He stuck his tongue out at Brian, earning a giggle from Gus. When the child laughed, the blond reached out and began to tickle the toddler, who burrowed further into his father’s arms. “Oh, you find it funny?” the blond quipped while Brian chuckled at his playfulness.

 

As their laughter died out, Jennifer declared out of the blue, “I knew I was right about you,”

 

Justin could have sworn she was mocking Brian. “Sorry, what?” he questioned, not understanding his mother’s observation.

 

“Nothing, Justin,” Jennifer dismissed, making her son frown quizzically. “Brian, you’re still working as an…” her voice trailed off.

 

Justin guessed she wasn’t comfortable talking about Brian’s job in front of his son.

 

“An escort, Jennifer. You can say it out loud without fearing someone will bite your ass, you know,” Brian volunteered before adding as an afterthought, “Sorry, Gus. Daddy used a bad word.”

 

“I’m not…” Jennifer countered, clearly uncomfortable.  

 

Brian took advantage of her embarrassment to clarify, “But since you mentioned it, my job has nothing to do with my relationship with your son, not anymore. Justin is a grown-up. He can make his own decisions.”

 

Knowing his mother wouldn’t leave them alone, Justin intervened, not giving her any time to respond to Brian’s declaration. “Yes, I can. And Mom, I will call you later. I have news regarding a possible surgery.”

 

“What?” Jennifer exclaimed. “How? Why didn’t you-”

 

“Mom!” Justin cut her off vigorously. “Later, okay? We need to go now. And I’m sure you’re going to be late for your appointment.”

 

“My appointment…” Jennifer echoed, before realizing what her son was talking about. “Oh, shit! My appointment! I’m late!” she cursed, making Justin scowl some more. “I have to go, Sweetheart! But you call me tonight, you hear?”

 

“Will do,” Justin promised, sure that she was now pointing her finger at him. “Bye!” he dismissed her with a wave of his hand, hearing Brian chuckle at his side as the brunet kneeled to lower Gus to the sidewalk.

 

“Give me your hand, Sonny Boy,” Brian demanded. Placing his other hand on Justin’s arm, he vowed, “I like your mother.”

 

“You do?” Justin inquired in puzzlement. Brian had a funny way of showing that he liked someone.

 

Brian's hand traveled down, before he interlaced their fingers. He added a little pressure to caution that they were about to move. “She took it pretty well. I was expecting her to kick my ass for perverting her son.”

 

“You had Gus in your arms,” Justin reminded him as he let Brian guide him toward the park. “She couldn’t be mean in front of your son.”

 

“You hear that, Gus? You’re my hero!” Brian exclaimed in a jesting tone. “We should go on the swings to celebrate! And we’re lucky today, since Justin is our personal cheerleader. See? He is going to dance and perform a little French cancan just for you!”

 

Justin heard Brian chuckle as Gus squealed, “Jussin dance for me and Dada!”

 

A couple of minutes later, the blond was raising his legs in a perfectly choreographed dance, making the child giggle as he kept repeating, “More, Jussin! More!”

 

************************

 

Ten days later, Monday evening, the loft...

 

Justin’s first surgery was scheduled for the next day. A week earlier, Brian, Justin, and Jennifer had met with the pre-op team. Justin’s mother had been adamant about being present at that appointment, and Brian had understood that she didn’t fully trust him with her son. Why should she? Both he and Justin had lied to her face before, and the brunet respected her stubbornness, even though his lover had claimed he would have preferred for her not to interfere.

 

Justin’s wish to see again felt more than ever within reach. During the meeting, Brian had listened and observed his lover interacting with John and the medical team, while the brunet had mainly stayed silent. For the first time, however, he had realized that the outcome of the surgery could have irreversible consequences, and maybe even impair his relationship with the young man.

 

If it succeeded, his lover would be able to function in his everyday life without any help, and knowing Justin like he did, Brian suspected he would claim his independence. But most of all, he would be able to see. Somehow, that thought was the most disturbing for Brian because he felt like that might change everything between them. Brian wasn’t afraid of Justin’s reaction if he could look at him. Most men found him hot, and there was no reason for Justin to feel any different. However, their dynamic would inevitably shift if the blond could see him and read him.

 

On the other hand, if the surgery failed, he didn’t know how Justin would react or how that would impact their relationship.

 

And the truth was, he was scared shitless no matter what the outcome might be.

 

For now, Justin was kneeling on the dark blue bedsheet, Brian’s body hovering over him, the warmth of his skin grazing the blond’s back as he came and went inside his lover.

 

The thrusts were uncharacteristically slow. Brian took his time, peppering Justin’s back with gentle kisses. Somehow, more than love or lust was reflected in this instant. These moments mirrored their fear and anguish of what the future might hold.

 

Brian came before Justin, unable to hold back. He collapsed on Justin’s back, his breathing labored and ragged. He felt emotionally drained.

 

“You okay?” Justin’s voice reached his ears. Brian winced, his face buried in his lover’s shoulder.

 

He refused to move or answer.

 

Justin sensed his turmoil, of course, and he shifted under Brian, dislodging the man from his back. Brian inwardly cursed the blond’s disability. He was so much more perceptive than anyone else he knew.

 

“It’s going to be okay. You will see,” Justin uttered softly.

 

Brian chuckled dryly. “I should be the one comforting you, not the other way around.”

 

“Says who?” Justin countered. “Come here,” he demanded, opening his arms.

 

“You haven’t come,” Brian reminded his lover.

 

“And I don’t fucking care. Come here,” the blond reiterated firmly.

 

“Alright,” Brian didn’t resist. He rested his head close to the blond’s heart, wrapping one leg over Justin’s body while his lover instantly covered the hand on his chest, rubbing it with his thumb.

 

“You’re scared,” Justin stated quietly after a moment.

 

“I’m not scared,” Brian denied, although they both knew he was full of shit.

 

Justin didn’t push and kept caressing Brian’s hand. But in the end, he confessed, “I love you, Brian.”

 

Brian stayed silent. And maybe he didn’t reply, maybe he didn’t move, but his hand tightly gripped Justin’s as he listened to the blond’s heartbeat.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

If you're interested, here is the link to the hotel where Brian and John are staying :) http://www.monaco-pittsburgh.com/?utm_source=tripadvisor.com&utm_medium=media&utm_content=homepagelink&utm_campaign=businesslisting