Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

CHAPTER 59 - MORE HAPPINESS...AND HERE COMES THE START OF THE ZEE SMACKDOWN

 

STORM ROOM - SUNDAY MORNING

 

JUSTIN

 

I slowly open my eyes.  Storm Room...check.  Brian wheezing gently into my neck...check.  Morning wood pressing into my ass...check.  Wedding ring...check and fucking double check.  I grin and twist it round my finger. The heaviness feels so right and it compliments my engagement ring perfectly.

 

                "I was serious.  Paint with that on and you won't sit down for a week."  Brian mutters into my hair.

 

I turn in his arms and stroke his face, he grins at me.

 

                "Morning husband."

 

                "Morning husband."

 

                "Do you feel any different?"  He asks and I frown.

 

                "Complete. What about you?"

 

                "The same.  Now come on, we've got to get a move on."

 

                "Huh why?"

 

                "Blessing and another wedding remember."

 

                "Oh Christ I had forgotten. I can't believe that happened!"

I follow him to the bathroom and look longingly at the bath.

 

                "No we don't have enough time now but tonight definitely.  Now come on shower time!"

 

BEN'S SUITE

 

JENNY

 

Dad is pacing and muttering to himself.

 

                "I don't even have a speech or a suit!  Fuck, sorry Jenny, but what the hell are we thinking doing it now..."

 

                "Dad!  Would you calm down please?  We've got this.  Now take a breath and think about later and how happy you will be."

 

He smiles at me and then Hunter comes in pulling a rail.

 

                "What the hell is that lot?"  Dad looks confused.

 

                "Suits, shirts, ties.  You're going to have to wear the same shoes as yesterday though. So come on get choosing! I need to let Uncle Steve's party know what you are wearing so you at least complement each other."

 

                "How...just how?"

 

                "A combination of the Starks, Ugerstachts and Taylor-Kinneys, what do you think? I swear they make magic happen. Now, come on dad; get a move on!"

 

STEVE'S SUITE

 

MATT

 

I couldn't believe it when Steve asked me to be his best man.  I'm waiting for Hunter to call to let me know what they've chosen.  They're going to sort out the rings in time for the party, which is going to be on the Monday after next and then we're all flying up to New York on Friday evening since we've all been invited to the Reichmann Party.    

 

                "Hey Hunter, what is he wearing?  Okay thanks see you later.  Steve!  He's going with the midnight blue suit and the light blue shirt and dark blue tie.  Steve?  Did you hear me?"

 

I head to the bedroom and find Steve just staring into space, with tears running down his face.

 

                "He said yes and I'm getting married in less than 2 hours."  He mumbles

 

                "Yeah and it helps if you're not wearing your PJs. Now, come on!"

 

FAAL'S ROOM

 

FAAL

 

Zee and I finally come up for air after a marathon make out session.

 

                "God I needed that!"  She gasps.  "I can't believe they made us sleep in separate rooms!"

 

                "Zaden Zion Stark get your ass out of that room and back in yours right now!"   Papa hollers.

 

                "But this is..."  I object pulling open the door.

 

                "Now!"  Papa orders. Like scolded teens, we pout as she makes her way back to her room under the watchful glare of papa.  Before he turns to me and grins. "It's not as if you've not spent the night apart before for goodness sake."

 

                "Yes but this is different after the last few days..."

 

He steps inside and closes the door. "I know my boy, but humour us please?"

 

I sigh and plop on the bed. "Okay but not tonight. Tonight she stays here!"

 

KITCHEN

 

DEL

 

When Luc told me to pack my best Celine suit, I was curious as to why and now I know!  I'm so happy and can't believe it. They are getting blessed and I get to be there this time.  When she got married and Luther lied to me about it, I was heartbroken and that's when I left him.  And then I was ill for the blessing but now that the accursed man is out of our lives for good, I finally get to be mother of the bride.

 

                "Del?  Hey sis, what are you doing in here? You should be getting ready."

 

                "Thinking.  Just thinking.  Now let us grab some, now what did Emmett Luke...no that's not right, Emmy Lou...call it?  Ah yes, bubbles and you can tell me all about this heifer and the asshat and what I can do to help."

 

Dee chuckles and grabs the glasses.

 

                "I'll fill you in but you just need to stand and watch next weekend as your girl gets her bitch on."

 

EMILY

 

God this place is gorgeous!  Don't get me wrong I love Pittsburgh but this place is heavenly.  And the grounds... whoever did the gardens has perfect taste!  Francine and I have had a wonderful time getting the flowers for the blessing and wedding ceremonies.

 

                "Hey where'd you go?"  Francine startles me a bit.  "You looked like you were miles away."

 

                "Just thinking about this place and how lucky Zee is to have it."

 

                "Yeah it's great isn't it?  I can't help but imagine Helbert stretched out in front of the fire in the kitchen.  Fuchsia on the sofa in the nook.  And when we're approved for children them running around the place. Despite its size, it has a homely feel to it.  She's very lucky."

 

                "Oh they worked hard for what they've got and it's all deserved but can you imagine how great this would be as a wedding venue..."

 

BRIAN

 

I gently close the door to the kitchen and quietly head back upstairs.  I bump into Lucian.

 

                "You okay son?"

 

                "Huh?  Oh yeah I'm just... actually can you, Dee and Del meet me in your office? I'll get the Mel, Justin and Faal's folks.  I need to talk about something."

 

He nods and within 20 minutes we are in his office and after I have told them everything and my idea, there is stunned silence.

 

                "Wow, just wow."  Del gasps.  "And this is...was the mother of your child and...well I'm in."

 

                "Uh that was a quick decision.  But I'm curious as to why?"

 

                "Zee has four brothers, Zander, Zephaniah, Zeus and Zeon.  Zeus has no interest in the company but Zeon did but Luther refused to allow him on the board because..."

 

                "He's gay?"  Justin asks.

 

                "Yep. It's another reason that he wouldn't give up his shares as he knew Zeon would be voted on. Admittedly, at the time I made a bad decision and he's has never forgiven me for it. Not that I had a problem with him being gay, just that I didn't stand up to his father about the board.  And of course it didn't help matters that I left Luther when he lied about when the wedding was so I missed it..."

 

                "Do Zeon and Zee speak?"

 

                "Only twin speak and them's mostly cuss words.  But as much..."

 

                "Zaden's a twin!"  I gape at her.  "She never said."

 

                "They do not get on.   But would die to protect each other.  But its best if they are in different, um, continents, yes continents. He's in Europe."

 

                "Well fuck me."  Justin breathes.  "Okay, I'm in."

 

                "Sunshine, I thought by the fact it was my idea that you were already in?"

 

                "Stud, I'm doing this from my money, not ours so hush!"

 

                "Yes dear!" My falsetto lifts the mood and we look around at each other.

 

                "So Mel, you going to speak to them?"  I ask.

 

                "Yeah.  You're a good man Kinney and you only get to hear that once a century from me."

 

                "I'll take it."

 

KITCHEN

 

MEL

 

Emily and Francine are just staring at us all.

 

                "You're not serious? You can't be serious!"  Emily exclaims.

 

                "I'm sorry for eavesdropping but she's going to do this with it anyway so it might as well be with you..."

 

                "We'll be your partners, silently, if you needs be.  And it will mean a fresh start for you away from..."  Justin starts to reason.

 

                "Yes."  Francine whispers and takes the hand of the still stunned Emily.  "Yes, thank you Brian, thank you everyone."

 

                "We'll get the papers drawn up when we're back in Pittsburgh but right now I need to get my daughter's dad married, now come on people!"  I demand.

 

QUBE HOUSE GARDEN - AFTERNOON

 

ZEE & FAAL'S VOWS RENEWAL CEREMONY

 

FATHER TOM

 

                "This is the renewal of the vows of Zaden Zion Stark and Faal Jabari Ugerstacht.  They have been married for 15 years and weathered many a storm but here in front of their family and more importantly her mother, they are getting married again.  Faal please say your vows."

 

He clears his throat.

 

                "My darling lig, I loved you the moment I saw you.  In a bar in Chelsea scowling at a football game and muttering about Spurs.  That's a football team.  I followed you back to the States and I would follow you anywhere even through the gates of hell to be with you, to protect you, to love you.  If I died tomorrow, I would die happy knowing that I was loved by you.  Please be my wife again."

 

I take a deep breath and look to Zaden.  "Zaden please say your vows."

 

                "Geliefde, with every fibre of my being I love you, you doofus and I will never stop loving you.  Jy is my wêreld, my lewe, my alles, asseblief wees my man weer?"

 

                "Okay mother of the bride does not understand, what the hell is that in English?"

 

                "You are my world, my life, my ‘everything', please be my husband again."  I translate.  Do we have the rings?"

 

Matt comes forward and hands them to his parents and there is a sob from Zaden.

 

                "When did?"  She gasps and then kisses him deeply.

 

                "We've not got to that part yet!  Put my son down for a minute!"  Hugo calls out, garnering chuckles.

 

                "Do you Faal Jabari Ugerstacht take Zaden Zion Stark to be your lawfully wedded wife...again?"

 

                "Yes I do."

 

                "Do you Zaden Zion Stark take Faal Jabari Ugerstacht to be your lawfully wedded husband...again?"

 

                "Yes, yes I do."

 

                "Then by the powers vested in me I pronounce you man and wife...again. You may...okay you're ahead of me there!"

 

                "Seriously... the hottest straight kiss ever!"  Brian shouts out.  "Congratulations.  Right next!"

 

The room is filled with laughter as Steve, Matt, Hunter and Ben step forward.  Jenny and Taylor are the flower girls and Debbie is sobbing in Carl's arms, having lead Ben up the path and Jennifer did the honours for Steve.  I clear my throat for the 3rd time and begin...

 

                "...Steve, you may say your vows."

 

                "Ben.  It wasn't love at first sight for me, it was a slow burn.  I saw what some people couldn't and wouldn't see, a kind and gentle man who is noble and fair and let's face it, hot!  I fell in love with you when you went to get chicken soup in the rain.  And I heard you say I'm gorgeous.  Will you be my husband and father to Taylor?"

 

                "Yes I get to be a big sister finally!"  Jenny cries out and fist pumps.  "Um sorry, continue..."

 

The room is wreathed in smiles and gentle chuckles fill the air.

 

                "Thank you.  Ben you may say your vows."

 

                "Steve, same for me.  It was slow and for the first time I am in love with someone who values me, cares for me and wants to watch Say Yes to the Dress with me without judgement but we are never going to agree on wet vs dry rub...not a word Faal.  I fell in love with you that night too. You were willing to go back into the cold so I would be fine.  It would be an honour...oh wait, will you be my husband and father to Hunter and Jenny?"

 

                "Steven Smart do you take Benjamin Bruckner to be your husband?"

 

                "I do."

 

                "Benjamin Bruckner do you take Steven Smart to be your husband?"

 

                "I do."

 

                "Then by the powers vested in me both in the States of Oregon and Pennsylvania, I now pronounce you husband and husband.  You may now kiss the groom."

 

BEN

I pull him into my arms and smile. He's my husband...mine and he loves me and I love him.

 

The rest of the evening was spent eating, dancing and being with family.  This has been the best weekend of my life. Nothing can top this. Nothing!

 

BUNGALOW - WEDNESDAY MORNING

 

LINDSAY

 

I have grabbed the newspaper and other papers from the office after having to have a word with Roberta about her attitude.  She had wanted last night off but it was too short of notice so I said no and she wasn't happy.  I pointed out that she was still on probation and that brought her around quickly enough, though she's not spoken to me since. I can live with that.

 

                "Michael are you up?"  I call.

 

                "Yeah just in the kitchen.  Want a coffee?"  He calls back.

 

                "Please.  Oh did I tell you that Roberta is not speaking to me now?"

 

                "Why not?"  He places the coffee on the table.

 

                "She wanted last night off but only asked yesterday morning. So I told her it was too late notice.  I'm thinking that maybe we made a mistake in hiring her.  Maxwell seems okay but she just seems uppity sometimes."

 

He nods in agreement and takes a sip of coffee. "Have we had many calls today?"

 

                "No surprisingly enough not that many. Oh here's your post.  I'm going to read the paper."

 

I take a sip of coffee and immediately spit it back out. "Oh how fucking pretentious!"  I gasp.

 

                "What's the matter?"

 

                "They've only gone and put out a supplement of that farce of a wedding!"

 

                "You're kidding me?  Let's see how tacky Boy Wonder is shall we?"

 

We spread the magazine between the two of us and turn the pages.  Picture after picture shows their ceremony, the dinner, and the flowers everything is annoyingly perfect and then there's the picture of their rings on their fingers.  I'm almost grinding my teeth with fury and Michael is huffing with annoyance.

 

                "Such an extravagance for it to end in divorce!"  He snaps.

 

                "Oh God they even have congratulations in here."

 

                "Wait read them to me whilst I get more coffee."  He calls out heading back to the kitchen.

 

I read them out to him and we snicker at the sentiment.

 

                "Oh get this one.  Zaden and Faal renewed their wedding vows, apparently her mother wasn't there the last time and fuck me look at that ring!"  I gasp at the subtle but obviously expensive orange diamond ring.  "Wonder how many blow jobs she had to give to get that!"

 

                "Does he have a matching one?"  Michael snarks.  He's still smarting over the wrist incident.

 

                "Uh, let me see.  Ye-yeah yeah he does.  And there's another notice, congratulations are also extended to..."

 

I freeze and reread it again.

 

                "Extended to who?"  He asks coming to sit down.  "Let me see, congratulations are also extended to, you have got to be fucking with me...Steven Smart and Benjamin Bruckner on their marriage in the state of Oregon!"

 

We sit there in silence.

 

                "No way, no fucking way!  This has to be a joke!"  He shouts.  "Is there more?"

 

I turn the page and then gasp.

 

                "Oh yes there's more!  Listen to this: To Lindsay and Michael, this is a special edition just for you. So glad you weren't here and hope to never see you again!  Bye...oh and enjoy the DVD!  We did.  Oh that fucking bitch is going to pay!  Michael you need to get a tuxedo for New York. She's messed with me for the last time!"

 

                "Us! She's messed with us for the last time."  Michael nods in agreement.

 

TREEHOUSE

 

FAAL

 

                "You look suspiciously happy and smug... yes, definitely smug." I can't help smiling at her twirling her ring around her finger.

 

                "Oh yeah, I think they've gotten it by now." she says whilst checking the time and still smiling that secretive little smile she gets when she's been particularly naughty.

 

                "Who and what?"

 

                "Wankerboy and Twatzilla.  I sent them something guaranteed to get them to New York."

 

                "Hellcat's coming out to play, yes?"

 

                "Oh yes!"