Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

CHAPTER 3 - A NEW HOME FOR MAN...WELL MICHAEL...AND ART

 

SHADYSIDE RESIDENCE - FRIDAY MORNING

 

MICHAEL

 

I pull up outside my new home and I have to say it looks wonderful.  Much better than the place I shared with Ben and Hunter.  It is spacious and light and airy.  Although there doesn't seem to be much in here, I thought it would come fully furnished. 

 

              "Hey Lindz its Michael, how are you?"

 

              "Fine Michael, fine.  Have you settled in yet?"

 

              "Well there's not much to settle in with.  There's hardly any furniture not even a bed."

 

              "Of course it came...never mind.  This is a chance to make it your own, put your own style on things." 

 

"I like this idea, make it totally mine and mine alone.  Thanks Lindz I really appreciate you sticking by me."

 

I hang up and walk from room to room.  I know exactly what I am going to do.  I can't wait for my Honeybun to come stay here, once she's cooled down of course, according to Lindz she's still mad about what I said about Hunter.  I bet Faal his baby-daddy's-daddy told her all about that to discredit me in her eyes, I was just angry at the time I didn't mean it.

 

The more I think about what I said to Lindz about Zee and Faal the more I realise I am right.  Before they came along as a gang we were fine.   Okay Brian and I had the odd fight but nothing that couldn't be worked through.  Or ignored when it came to Boy Wonder until Brian reminded me not to do something.  Lindz is right everyone just needs to know their place in people's lives.  And I know mine, some people just need reminding.

 

I make a list of everything I need and head to the bank.  Once I finally get to the counter I give my details and wait and wait.  Finally someone asks to see me in the office.

 

              "Mr Novotny Bruckner, there seems to be a problem on your account."

 

              "What do you mean?"

 

              "Well you want to take out more money than is in there."

 

              "No my husband's salary should've gone in there this week so that coupled with the money I put in there should be enough." 

 

              "Ah that would explain the discrepancy, it would appear that your husband's salary was not deposited.  Until it is or the money comes from another source, we can't let you take out that amount."

 

              "I have another account, my business one you can move the money from there.  I will sort out the other issue."

 

              "Great that's great.  If you can give me the details then I will arrange for the transfer."

 

I hand over the details and quietly steam.  Ben and I are going to have words.

 

I cheer myself by buying stuff for my new home with next day delivery.  Now I can either sleep on the floor with all the bedding or I will have to stay another night in the hotel - I head to the hotel.  I am glad because I could have a bath, shopping is tiring, like Hunter says, how does he do that as a hobby!

 

SHADYSIDE RESIDENCE - SATURDAY AFTERNOON

 

Well it is all finally moved in, it is a lot of stuff!  I have finally got things where I want them and now to deal with the Ben problem.

 

I head to the house and find the door wide open.  There are bits of furniture piled on the lawn.  I can hear voices.

 

              "No dude that is not the way the unit goes, it goes the other way!"  Hunter groans in frustration.

 

              "No dude it doesn't!  Look see where the...oh!  Just shush and respect your elders!"  Carl gripes

 

              "I respect you just not when it comes to flat pack furniture!  Ouch hey!"   Hunter grouses

 

              "When your grandma is winding up her arm start ducking, you'd have thought you'd learned that by now!"  Carl is chuckling. 

 

              "Yeah but she's quick for...hey ouch didn't even finish!"  Hunter grumbles

 

              "I knew what you were gonna say!"  Ma replies laughing

 

              "Excuse me am I interrupting?!"  I call out.

 

They all whirl round to face me and immediately the smile leaves Hunter's face.

 

              "I'll be upstairs."  He mumbles and leaves with Matt close behind.

 

              "Hun..." 

 

              "Debbie don't.  This is the way he wants to deal with him, let's respect that.  What are you doing here Michael?"  Ben asks.

 

              "I see you've started to redecorate.  It looks good."

 

              "Michael, again, what do you want?"

 

"I came to see you about the banking issue we have."

 

              "What banking issue?"

 

              "Your salary wasn't paid into our joint account, I had to move money from my other account for some expenses for my new place.  Has your payment date been changed?"

 

For a few seconds Ben just blinks at me.

 

              "No and we no longer have a joint account.  I withdrew all of my funds, what is left is yours.  There will be no money being deposited in that account from me."

 

              "Why not?"

 

              "Why not?  Why not?!"  Carl explodes.

 

              "Carl this has nothing to do with you!  So I would advise you to..."

 

              "What you would advise me to what?  This isn't Alice you are dealing with I am more than capable and willing to tear you apart."  Carl growls.

 

              "Carl honey, please."  Ma tugs his arm, he shakes her off and heads upstairs.

 

I try to hide my smile, seems I still have my mother.

 

              "In answer to your question Michael, we are getting divorced, my money is no longer our money.  As you have said you still have money from the loan from Brian and Justin gave you including the payments you didn't make to Jenny's fund.  So you will have to use that for your expenses until you find another source of income."  Ben's tone is cold.

 

              "But what about the house, it is partly mine..."

 

              "Where?  Produce the piece of paper that says any part of this house is yours?"  He snaps.

 

              "I lived here..."

 

              "Living here doesn't give you ownership rights.  Now if that's all you came to say..." 

 

He heads to the door and waves his hand through.

 

              "I also wanted to give you my new address, it's in Shadyside so all post can be sent there."

 

              "Fine.  Email it to me."  He closes the door in my face.

 

As I head back to the car, I take another look at the pile of wood on the lawn, it looks familiar but I can't quite place it, I'm sure it will come to me eventually.

 

BEN

 

              "Guys he's gone you can come down now!" 

 

They come back down and immediately Debs pulls Carl to one side.

 

"Honey I'm sorry I shouldn't have done what I did, it sent a mixed message.  It's my default.  I'm working on it, forgive me."

 

"Red, he's your son and you love him and that will never change but let people deal with him the way he deserves to be dealt with.  Nobody will physically hurt him, no matter how much he deserves it.  But he needs to be told and he needs to hear it and keep hearing it until it sinks in.  Understand?"

 

She nods and kisses his cheek.

 

              "Shadyside isn't that kinda upscale for Michael?  Matt comments.

 

              "It depends how in the shade he is..."  Hunter drawls.

 

              "Now that was appalling!"  I chuckle.

 

UPTOWN GALLERY - WEDNESDAY MORNING

 

HUNTER

 

I am on cataloguing duty in the basement today and I don't mind it, means I can wear my jeans.  There are hundreds if not thousands of paintings here.  I can put on my headphones and just get stuff done.

 

I have to wear some special gloves so that my sweat doesn't mark the painting, I remember Michael doing that with a comic book once.  There was a few good times but then it all went to shit.  But I still have Ben and J, Gus and the rest of the family. 

 

And of course I have Matt, I can't believe he accepts me for who I am not what I am or what I was.  I love him. 

 

I need to speak to Zee because I want to do a special meal for him at the loft from scratch, and when I tell her what it's for I know she won't tease me or tell Faal, he's a great guy but has absolutely no boundaries!   Auntie Ems means well but he'll get too excitable and the next thing the whole family knows.  And will be offering advice.  And after the reverse cowgirl thing never again.

 

How far back does this gallery fucking go?  Jeez I will be down here all day.  Oh well time for some Jay-Z.

 

JENNIFER'S CONDO - WEDNESDAY EVENING

 

TUCKER

 

              "Jen?  You home?"

 

              "Here honey, just trying to figure out a place to put this, to show it in its best possible light."

 

She is holding the paperweight in her hand and looking round the room; finally settling on over the fireplace.

 

              "We need to get them something good for Christmas.  But like Brian and Justin what do you get a couple who have and can afford to get anything they want?"

 

I frown and pull her to sit down next to me.

 

              "Do you notice that they are always giving?  I think the only thing they want is our time and friendship to them it's priceless.  But what I wanted to talk to you about is something I heard.  Did you know that the Petersen's have rented out their property in Shadyside to Michael?"

 

              "What!  Why on earth...ah I smell Lindsay!  What the hell is daddy's little princess up to now?  Do you think I should tell Brian and Justin?" 

 

She worries at her lip.

 

              "My gut says let this play out a bit.  He's stupid enough to gloat so let him do so.  I still can't believe the way she behaved that weekend, it was kinda creepy to watch.  But you handled her good."

 

I give her a quick kiss, but she still looks concerned.

 

              "Not as well as I could.  Where it comes to Zee and Faal, I think she's got the message so will inevitably turn her gimlet eye back on Brian after all Gus will be 18 soon and the support payments stop and once Justin and he are married well she's completely cut off.  I think she's going to come for as much as she can get in the meantime.   But if she goes back after Faal, I'm pretty sure that Zee doesn't need my help in getting her to back the fuck off.  And if she needs my help, I am more than happy to oblige."

 

The coldness in her eyes gives me the shivers...in a good way!

 

WHITE & SULLIVAN - FRIDAY MORNING

 

ADAM

 

              "So let me get this straight Mr Novotny, you..."

 

              "Novotny Bruckner, I'm still married."  He corrects me.

 

              "Mr Novotny Bruck..."

 

              "But you can call me Michael." 

 

              "Fine, fine.  Michael let me understand this you no longer wish to sue Alice Stephenson?  But you are now contesting the food bill for $5,000 they say you ordered?"

 

              "Yes."

 

              "And did you order the food?"

 

              "Yes."

 

I stare at him in bewilderment and think the more time I spend with this guy the more I can feel my intellect plummeting.

 

              "Why did you order $5000 worth of food and why didn't mention this when you first came to see me.  The 7 days have more than elapsed so they are going to issue another suit for that."

 

              "I have never had them before.  And besides I knew Brian wouldn't mind its Justin who's caused this."

 

              "Michael, let me tell you something about White & Sullivan.  Started by my grandfather, this firm has an over 100 year history, its reputation is impeccable and we treat our clients with honesty, integrity and respect and in return we expect the same.  You're aware that we bill you for every appointment you have, every paper we have to file, every single everything?"

 

              "You're one of the best that's why I came to you." He smiles and nods. 

 

              "And it's because we are the best, not one of the best, the best that I can't in all good consciousness continue to represent you.  Please let me explain.  You will not win.  Not one of them.  Your only hope is that your soon to be ex-husband doesn't sue you for the money he paid unknowingly on your behalf.  But from what I've heard of Professor Bruckner he seems a decent guy, so you might get a slide on that one.  You can take your cases to as many lawyers in the Pittsburgh area as you want but I would advise you not to go with anyone that wants to represent you, because you will not win and they will just take your money."

 

              "So what happens now?"  He asks me.

 

              "You leave my office, I send the final bill we never contact each other again.  Good day to you."

 

I go back to my paperwork and it takes him a good 2 minutes to take the hint and leave. 

 

              "Carol, please put Mr Michael Novotny Bruckner on the hang up list and never allow him in this office again.  Thanks."

 

WOODY'S - FRIDAY EVENING

 

JUSTIN

 

I think I have become spoilt.  The food in Woody's just doesn't do it for me anymore.  I am waiting for Brian to come back with our drinks and for once I am hoping there is no food disc.  Alice wouldn't do the crab claws when we brought them home and hid them in the freezer, somewhere, if I didn't love her so much I would threaten her with a pink slip just to find them.

 

              "Fancy a game?"  Brian nods to the empty pool table.

 

              "Sure.  Hey what are you doing here?"  I am surprised to see Zee.

 

              "Being treated for date night.  You guys got drinks?"

 

              "Yeah, we were going to play pool.  Can you play?"

 

              "Haven't played in a while so may be a little rusty." 

 

              "Rusty why are you saying rusty?"  Faal asks handing over her drink.

 

              "Pool."

 

              "No absolutely not."  Faal shakes his head firmly.

 

              "Why not?"  I am curious.

 

              "There's good, there's great and there's Zee."

 

              "Who hasn't played in about 5 years might I remind you?"

 

              "No."  He repeats.

 

              "Seriously?"  Brian asks.

 

              "Yep.  Don't take her on, you will lose."

 

              "Now that's fighting talk.  Shall we?"  He indicates the table to Zee.

 

              "Stakes?"  I ask

 

              "None.  Just for fun."  She replies.

 

We head to the table.

 

              "Stripes or solids and how many games?"  She asks.

 

              "Solids and best of three."

 

              "Ladies first."

 

              "Oh no."  Faal mutters.

 

Zee makes the perfect break and Brian doesn't get to go on the table once.  In the 2nd game he pots one ball and in the 3rd again he doesn't get on the table, and she managed all three games in under half an hour, the small crowd that had gathered were impressed and he only pouted a little.

 

              "Seriously where the fuck did you learn to play like that?"  He asks.

 

              "Garrison.  There was a lot of downtime between the skirmishes."

 

Faal chuckles and hands Brian a beer.

 

              "I warned you."

 

We grab an empty table.  Suddenly Faal stiffens and narrows his eyes.

 

              "Take it Michael's here?"  Brian asks

 

He nods and mutters something under his breath.

 

              "And he's coming over?"  Brian sighs.

 

Faal nods.

 

              "Brian may I talk to you?  Alone and outside?"

 

He nods and follows him out.

 

BRIAN

 

              "What?"

 

              "How have you been?"

 

              "What.  Do.  You.  Want."  I spit out.

 

              "I just want you to know that I will always be your best friend and I know you are doing this to appease Justin and impress your new friends.  When you're done doing that with them I'll be waiting like I always have and I always will."

 

He steps forward as if to give me a hug but before I could even step back, Emmy Lou arrived and pulled him away.

 

              "What the hell are you doing Michael?"  He snaps.

 

              "Going to hug my best friend goodbye of course!"  He retorts shaking off Emmy Lou's hand.

 

              "And what best friend would that be?"  I snarl my anger rising and fists curling.

 

              "Brian."  Emmy Lou caught the immediate change in my demeanour.  "I do believe Baby wants a word.  And by word I mean you take him home and fuck the hell out of him yes, now and immediately please!"

 

I take steadying breaths and head to the door to find Justin already standing there with my coat, I take his hand and lead him to the top of the street and wait for the service.

 

MICHAEL

 

              "What the hell is wrong with you Emmett?  Brian and I were reconnecting!"

 

              "Recon...what the fuck are you talking about?  The only way Brian and you were going to reconnect was with his fist to any part of you he could reach!  Leave him alone Michael.  Leave him alone."

 

              "As I said to him and I will repeat to you, when he's finished appeasing Boy Wonder and playing up to his new friends I will be waiting for him!"

 

              "You are going to be waiting a long time then!  Oh and calling Justin Boy Wonder not good.  Now excuse me I am going to join our dear family friends for drinks!  Be bothersome elsewhere!" 

 

He shouts at me and then stalks inside. 

 

 Just as I was about to follow him, I hear someone call Brian's name, it's Steve and Ben.  They stop and chat for a while before they head towards Woody's. 

 

CAR SERVICE

 

JUSTIN

 

              "Look at me Brian."  I demand.

 

              "Justin not..."

 

              "Yes now.  Look at me."

 

He turns his head towards me slowly and I can see the regret and pain on his face.

 

              "I wanted to hit him so badly.  If it wasn't for Emmy Lou..."

 

              "Emmy Lou couldn't have stopped you and you know that, you stopped you."

 

I slide into his lap and place both hands in his hair and gaze into his eyes.

 

              "You stopped you.  You're Brian Aiden Kinney the man I love and don't ever forget that."

 

I ghost my lips across his before sliding my tongue across.  His breath catches and he slides his hands round my waist.  I pull his lower lip into my mouth and gently suckle before engulfing his mouth holding him still whilst I ravage his mouth.  When the need to breathe becomes necessary he looks somewhat dazed.

 

I rotate my hips and he lets out a low groan.  I kiss a trail to his ear and nibble his lobe.  I feel his sigh of pleasure in my dick as I keep rotating my hips.  I slowly unbutton his shirt and nibble and suckle on his nipples.  He starts to scramble at the intercom.

 

              "Vince.  How long until we reach our destination?"  He croaks.

 

              "Another 15 minutes Mr K." 

 

              "Make it 20."  He gasps as I go back to sucking on his neck.

 

              "Sure thing Mr K."

 

I reach between us and undo his belt and slowly slide my hands into his jeans.

 

              "Commando how nice."  I murmur and I stroke his cock slowly.

 

              "Unh!"

 

              "Kick off your shoes."  I order softly.

 

I slide down his lap and tug his jeans down and off, his cock is hard and leaking.  I push apart his legs and kiss a trail up his thigh before rimming his belly button and kissing a trail down his other thigh.

 

              "Justin please!"  He whimpers.

 

              "Hush.  And keep still."

 

I breathe on his head lapping up the pre-cum slowly with feather light licks, he thrusts his hips.

 

              "Keep still or I will stop."

 

With great effort he stays his hips and I go back to my slow licking.

 

              "F-f-fuck Justin please, please!"

 

I swirl my tongue round his head and then take him down to the root.

 

              "Oh!  Fuck!  Baby!"  He yelps and bucks his hips.

 

I grasp his wriggling ass and pull him down further, spreading his legs wider and shuffle back so he's totally exposed to me.  I kiss and suck his balls before lapping at his hole.

 

              "Oh God!  Mmm!  Oh God!" 

 

I work my tongue in.

 

              "I can't!  I can't!"  He cries out as he pushes his feet hard into the floor.

 

              "You can't what?"  I ask before taking him down my throat again.

 

              "K-keep sti-still!  Wh-when you...oh God.  Yes, please yes like that like that!"

 

Kneeling up I push my jeans down and swiftly enter him.

 

              "Aaah Justin!  Justin!"  He screams.

 

I start to thrust.  He puts both feet on the partition and reaches for me.

 

              "Now, now fuck me please fuck me!"

 

I snap my hips as much as I could from that angle managing to hit his prostate every time, he grunts and gasps with each thrust.  Suddenly he stiffens.

 

              "Fuck yes!"  His cum sprays up his belly and chest.

 

I thrust a couple more time before I groan out my orgasm and slump down across him.

 

We remain like that for a few minutes until I notice the car has stopped.  I lift my head and slowly withdraw.  Opening the door I notice we are in the garage and Vince has left us a towel and two bottles of water.

 

I crawl out and pull my jeans up wobbling a little.

 

              "Are we home?"  Brian croaks from his sprawled position.

 

              "Yeah.  Stay there." 

 

              "Second best thing you said to me tonight."  He mumbles.

 

I get back in the car and gently wipe him down and try to clean up the car as best I can.

 

              "What was the first best thing?" 

 

He gets out of the car wrapping the towel round himself.

 

              "That I stopped myself."

 

I smile and stand on tiptoes and gently kiss him.  Then gather up his clothes and pull him into the house.

 

BROWNSTONE

 

HUNTER

 

Three whole fucking days of cataloguing has been tiring but there are some awesome pieces in there.  I wish I had a talent like that.  My back is killing me and I cannot wait to get into the bath, which Matt is setting for me, it smells so good in there.

 

              "Can I come in yet?  I am stiffening up and not in a good way."  I call out trying to ease my back.

 

He snorts a laugh and pokes his head out the door.

 

              "Two minutes.  Take your time getting undressed."

 

I change into a robe and sigh heavily outside the door.

 

              "Jeez okay come on in." 

 

              "Finally, what kept you?"  I tease kissing him on his nose.

 

              "Had to get it perfect.  Now get in and after your soak I will give you a nice deep tissue massage that will get every kink out..."

 

              "Every kink?"  I groan as the water envelopes me.

 

              "Well mostly."  He kisses me deeply before leaving.

 

After 20 minutes the water begins to cool and I am feeling so relaxed.  I get out and head to the bedroom, where he has set the room up for my massage.  At first it is so uncomfortable that I spend more time wincing and when he says he's doing it again I try and find a way to say no without hurting his feelings.

 

              "Um Matt, that was great but...oh!"

 

              "But what?"  He asks pressing into my shoulders.

 

              "Mmmmm.  Oh that feels, feels wonderful, can you do that again?"  I murmur

 

              "It's the same pressure that I applied the last time just now the muscles are relaxed..."

 

              "Less talking more press...oh God where did you...oh."

 

              "Took a course."  He plants a kiss in the middle of my shoulder blades.

 

As he massages my back I melt into the sheets.  He skims over my ass and does my legs, he even does my toes.

 

              "How's that feeling?"

 

              "Ummph." 

 

He laughs and then starts to massage my ass and slowly I start to wake up.

 

              "Um Matt."  I whimper and start to squirm.

 

              "Mmm?"

 

              "I don't think...oh!"

 

              "Then stop thinking."  He whispers in my ear.

 

SHADYSIDE RESIDENCE - SATURDAY MORNING

 

MICHAEL

 

I am so pissed off right now.  It's not that I don't like my new home, though the addition of some of my collectibles would make it perfect, I am going to get those back no matter what they say.  

 

But my annoyance is twofold, one that I am surrounded by breeders and two I overheard in Woody's last night that not only has Brian asked Cynthia to be his best woman but Boy Wonder asked Ben to be an usher!  I mean seriously what a farce that is! 

 

I am surprised to hear my door knocking.

 

              "Yes can I help you?"  I ask the man standing outside.

 

              "Hi, my name is Joshua I live across the street from you with my wife and stepdaughter.  I wanted to welcome you to the neighbourhood."

 

              "Um thank you, I'm Michael, Michael Novotny Bruckner."

 

We stand there awkwardly for a few seconds.

 

              "Would you like to come in?"  I ask.

 

              "No got to get back to the family.  Nice to meet you." 

 

I watch him go back to his house and shut the door.  Breeders are so awkward I think to myself.

 

BRITIN - SATURDAY EARLY EVENING

 

BRIAN

 

              "Lilah, what is it with you and that scarf.  Why do you like it so much?"  I gently try to remove it from her claws.  "Come on Lilah give now."

 

She mewls an objection so I stop tugging.  Then she purrs and blinks slowly whilst kneading the scarf, before doing a quick circle to wrap it round her body and closes her eyes.

 

              "It smells of her favourite human."  Alice chuckles.

 

I snicker and follow her from the lounge to the kitchen, she had insisted on cooking for the family a Creole feast so we are all looking forward to that. 

 

              "Don't let Justin in here before we do the oysters please!"  She begs.

 

              "I heard that!"  Justin calls from the hallway.

 

              "Believe me he doesn't need any help with his libido."  I smirk.

 

              "I know I do your laundry.  And can sometimes hear you if you don't close the window.  Or are in the stables, the barn, and the garage or by the brook."  She comments dryly. 

 

              "Alice!"  Justin's face is bright red. 

 

She shrugs and as the doorbell goes heads to open it.

 

              "You are on bubbles Emmy Lou."  She tells him.  "Are those the oysters?"

 

              "Uh huh.  And some prawns.  Faal finally found out where the take out place gets them from.  I heard rumours that they have stocked up for Christmas!"  He trills.

 

              "Indeed we have."  Zee confirms coming in with wine and heading back out again.

 

              "I can't wait to spend Christmas there.  Oh my God I have just realised something, we can go ice skating!"  Justin is vibrating with happiness.

 

              "Uh sweetie, as much fun as that would be.  The park is on the other side of the city and would be very crowded." 

 

Emmy Lou reminds him.

 

              "I think, my darling Emmy Lou he is referring to our outside pool.  That's a great idea.  Remind me to do that tomorrow, gonna start dumping ice.  About a month and a half and weather permitting that should be rock solid."

 

Zee dumps an ice box on the table.

 

              "What's that?"  I ask.

 

              "Your supply of prawns."  She replies.  "Which need to be put in portions."

 

By the time most of the family arrive at least 6 extra prawns have made it to the pot.  I shake my head at his innocent expression.

 

              "Fooling nobody you twat."

 

I envelope my fiancée in my arms not just because I love him but they are starting to do the ice plate for the oysters.

 

              "Brian!"  He whines trying to wriggle out of my embrace.

 

              "Nope, staying here, you've already snuck in the prawns."

 

He slumps in defeat but I am not fooled for one second.

 

              "Please just one."

 

              "No."  Alice and Emmy Lou say at the same time.

 

              "Why don't you show them the pictures you have picked for your next show that should take your mind of things?"  I suggest.

 

              "Oh that would be great.  When is it again?"  Faal asks.

 

              "January next year.  It's called Emotions and Passion."

 

We all head to the lounge and after setting up the projector, he goes through them commenting on each one.

 

              "Wowsers!"  Zee exclaims

 

              "Yeah.  This and that one are my two biggest regrets."  He sighs sadly.  I give his hand a squeeze.

 

              "Why they are so...hot.  Brian is that you?"  She asks.

 

              "Yep."

 

              "He's in both.  One is called The Kiss and the other is Lust."

 

              "Why do you regret them, they are beautiful."  She asks.

 

              "I don't have them anymore.  We got into a spectacular row, entirely my fault, and in a fit of pique I sold them and have no idea where they are now." 

 

              "I'm sorry.  They should be home with you guys.  Have you tried to find them?"  Faal asks.

 

              "Unfortunately, my agent at the time was going through cancer treatment and when he passed away the documentation got lost." 

 

At the first sniffle, I pull him into my lap, he always get emotional about those paintings. 

 

              "Let's see if Alice needs a hand."  Carl orders and chivvies them all out.

 

I can feel him shaking and stroke his hair.

 

              "It's okay baby it's okay.  You have the real thing."  I soothe

 

              "But they are so personal and...and..."  He hiccups.

 

Lilah sensing his distress give a small mew of concern and crawls into his lap and rests her head on his hand.

 

              "The real thing is right here, with a cat called Lilah now who would've thought that after that fight?"

 

He looks at me and I brush the tears off his lashes.

 

              "Now come on, I'm pretty sure Alice will let you have an oyster now."

 

He gives me a small smile and lifts Lilah up, she settles back into her scarf, and we go to join the others.

 

              "So I need a taster for this prawn, you know just to make sure the salt's right?  Whoever shall I ask?"

 

Alice waves the plate nonchalantly.

 

              "I suppose I could help you out.  If you really need the help." 

 

              "Yes Justin, I really need the help."

 

The door goes again and this time it is Matt and Hunter.  Matt comes in the kitchen but Hunter goes into the lounge to charge his iPhone.

 

              "Feeling better?"  I whisper to him.

 

              "Mmm."  He kisses my chin.

 

              "Right everyone let's go eat!"  Debs calls.

 

We head to the lounge and obviously Zee and Emmy Lou have been at work.  The table looks gorgeous.

 

              "Zee why don't you go into catering, you're a great cook, work great with Emmy Lou and have a great eye?"  I ask.

 

              "I cook for the fun of it."  She replies.

 

              "I have said to her before she should do this.  But like her glassblowing she is too shy, she shares with a select group, which I am very happy to be a part of."  Faal kisses her temple.  "The picture and back wall windows in the Treehouse and the windows in The Glasshouse took months to do but they are perfect and..."

 

              "You did this?" 

 

I snatch up my phone and show her the lock screen.  It is the picture window in the bedroom we stay in when we are in the Treehouse.  She nods blushing a bit.

 

              "Can you do stemware?  And how long would a glass take?"  Emmy Lou asks thoughtfully.

 

              "I can do pretty much anything.  And yes I have done him."  She smirks.

 

              "What do you mean you've done him, I don't understand."  Jennifer looks confused.

 

Tucker leans over whispers in her ear, a slow blush creeps up her face.

 

              "Really?!"

 

              "He away a lot for a while, a gal has needs."  She shrugs.  "In answer to your question Emmy Lou, depending on the design about a day.  Why?"

 

              "Let me give it some thought, I have an idea."  

 

Emmy Lou smiles that goofy smile of his, what's he up to?

 

              "Oh dude I didn't realise they were yours."  Hunter says out of the blue.

 

              "Two things.  One what are you talking about and who are you talking to?"  Debs asks.

 

              "Justin.  I didn't realise the pictures were yours.  They are pretty hot."

 

              "What pictures?"

 

              "The ones that were on screen.  Was doing cataloguing this week and they were listed under unknown artist after an estate sale.  Apparently they have been there a while, and..."

 

              "Which pictures!  Show me!"  Justin shouts.

 

He pulls Hunter back into the lounge but the pictures aren't on screen anymore.  I see the disappointment hit him hard.

 

              "No that's not them, you need to go back a couple.  Wait.  This one and yeah this one." 

 

              "Hunter I need you to be absolutely sure that these are the pictures you saw?"  I tell him.

 

He sighs heavily and logs onto the Uptown Gallery website.

 

              "See that one and that one.  They go on general sale on Monday.  What's the big deal?" He asks.

 

              "I'm going to call the manager what's the number..."

 

              "Justin wait.  If you call then they will shank you price wise, let someone else do it.  Ah Ted, you've always wanted a piece of artwork yes?"  Faal asks.

 

              "First put a reserve on them, to hold them.  And I don't care if you have to camp out on Sunday night I want them here by 0930 on Monday, understood?"  I tell him firmly.

 

              "Loud and clear."  Ted replies.

 

UPTOWN GALLERY - MONDAY MORNING

 

TED

 

The things I do for Brian.  When I first saw the pictures on screen, yeah they were hot but that is nothing compared to real life.  The Kiss shows Brian's mouth swollen, moist and with a slight smile and the trail of saliva between his and Justin's lips, you don't really see it until you are really studying it.   As for Lust, his head is thrown back and his mouth is open in a cry of pleasure but it's the way it is captured.  You can practically feel the sweat slicking his skin, his eyes are partly closed but you know they are fluttering as pleasure runs through him...and now I have a hard on...great!

 

BRITIN

 

JUSTIN

 

I keep looking at the clock willing 0930 to come quickly, I know Ted won't be late.  Brian and Alice are as anxious as I am.  Finally I hear a car in the drive and it's Ted.  Vince helps him bring them in and I tear off the packaging, uncaring of paper cuts. 

 

I stare at them, touching them, remembering painting them and look at Brian with tears running down my face.

 

              "They're home."

 

He kisses away my tears before tearing off my clothes.