Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

-Both Brian and Justin relfect on how their time at camp left them changed men...


 

 

 

-FLASHBACK- Summer, 2000

 

 

 

The kids had been on the bus for about two hours already and they still had quite a while to go. Justin was sitting in one seat, Daphne was beside him at the window and Emmet sat in a seat beside them, across the aisle. They had spent the time so far talking about their time at camp and what they were going to do once they got back home. They shared their favourite camp memories and all the things they had missed while being away from home. “I’ll tell you what I didn’t miss”, Emmett said, scooting a bit in his seat. His butt was staring to hurt a little. “School.”

 

 

 

“I hear that”, Justin said, giving his friend a quick high five.

 

 

 

Emmett held up his hands to gesture that there was more. “Or getting lit matches thrown at me.”

 

 

 

“That happens to you?” Daphne asked in disbelief. Not at her friend, but at the fact that people would be cruel enough to do that to someone else.

 

 

 

The boy gave a shrug and said, “The kids down south are something else. Demons, rather than actual people.” Justin huffed a humourless laugh, wholeheartedly believing that. “I’m glad I still have a few more weeks before I have to go back to that. Jerks like Drew Boyd and Brian Kinney are angels in comparison. That’s why dealing with ‘em is a piece of cake. Honestly, I’d take those two over the creeps I go to school with in a heart beat.”

 

 

 

Justin nodded sympathetically, understanding how shitty bullying can be. “That would still suck, though”, he said. “Being stuck with those two imbeciles.”

 

 

 

The other two teenagers laughed and moved closer to Justin. Daphne poked at him. “Come on”, she said in a teasing voice. “You have to admit that Brian is a hottie.”

 

 

 

“What the fuck are you even saying right now?” Justin said, scrunching up his face. “You can’t stand him!”

 

 

 

“True”, Daphne responded. She gave Justin a few more pokes as she spoke. “Doesn’t mean he’s not handsome. And you totally think so, don’t you, Jus?”

 

 

 

Justin felt his cheeks grow warm and he shook his head, sputtering, “Pfft! No! No way!”

 

 

 

It was Emmett’s turn to give Justin a poke. “Even I can admit I find Boyd to be quite delicious. He’s a complete moron, but a gorgeous moron.” Justin rolled his eyes while Daphne laughed again. “Admit it, sweetie”, Emmett pressed light-heartedly. “You think Brian is a babe.”

 

 

 

“Never”, Justin said adamantly, crossing his arms over his chest in defiance. Emmett and Daphne shared a conspiratorial look before diving in to tickle Justin. “Ah! No!” he yelled through his laughter as he tried to fight his friends off. He managed to tickle them back, getting them laughing and squealing just as loudly as him.

 

 

 

“Hey, would you nerds shut the hell up?!” Drew shouted to them. The friends straightened themselves up and look back at Drew. Daphne gave the boy a glare, Justin poked his tongue out at him and Emmett settled for giving him the finger. Drew laughed and reciprocated, flipping the bird right back.

 

 

 

They all returned to their places they had been in before the tickle war began. Daphne sat up straighter in her seat. “Okay”, she said. “This is super lame. But, promise we’ll stay friends even after we get back.” Emmett and Justin gave the girl a fond look. “You guys are two of the best friends I’ve ever had.

 

 

 

“Same here”, Emmett said, his hand over his heart. “I feel closer to you guys that I’ve only known for 8 weeks than to people I’ve known all my life.”

 

 

 

Justin smiled and reached out to pat Daphne’s leg and Emmett’s shoulder. “You know, I never expected to find friends like you guys when I came to camp. But you two are probably the best people I’ve ever met.”

 

 

 

“Oh shit”, Daphne said, sniffing. “I just had to go and get sentimental, didn’t I?”

 

 

 

“Oh, Daph”, Justin laughed. The friends shifted around so they could all share a group hug.

 

 

 

At the back of the bus, Drew and Brian were watching this vomit-worthy display in amusement. “Check that out”, Drew snickered. “What is this? The loser romance bus?”

 

 

 

Brian frowned and commented, “Dude, we’re on this bus, too.”  

 

 

 

His buddy shrugged. “Yeah, but we’re not geeks.”

 

 

 

The other boy chuckled and shook his head. Boyd wasn’t always the brightest kid, but he was a good laugh when he wanted to be. “Ridiculous”, Brian said. He leaned back, staring at the bus’ roof and groaned loudly. “I’m so bored!”

 

 

 

“Play a card game”, Justin’s voice called. Brian’s complaint had travelled through the whole of the bus, it seemed. “And shut up.”

 

 

 

Brian smirked and poked his tongue out at the blond. To his amusement, slight annoyance and secret pleasure, the younger boy returned the gesture. He gave Brian one more look before turning back around. Brian continued to stare at the little brat, a small smile on his face. “Jeeze”, Drew said, getting Brian’s attention back. “What is it with that twerp? You are so into him, aren’t you?”

 

 

 

The other boy snapped his head to look directly at his pal with wide eyes. “Huh?” he asked rather intelligently.

 

 

 

Drew smirked and leaned in closer to Brian so he could tease him. “The kid.” He pointed to Justin while keeping his eyes on his friend. “You think he’s hot.”

 

 

 

“What?” Brian scoffed. He looked away from Drew and laid his eyes on the back of Justin’s golden head for a second before turning back to his friend.

 

 

 

“Ooo”, Drew said, realisation spreading across his face. He shifted in his seat. “You really do.” Brian scoffed again and Drew grinned. “Oh, this shit just got good.” He rubbed is hands together. Drew was a bit of a shit talker sometimes, but he hadn’t really been too interested in gossip. Or at least, that’s what Brian had thought. “Now it all makes sense.”

 

 

 

Brian frowned. “What does?” he asked, trying a little too hard to sound appalled at Drew’s suggestion.

 

 

 

“Why you’ve had it out for him since day one”, Drew answered, crossing his arms like he had all the answers in the world. “You starting dumping on him before you even knew him.”

 

 

 

“Uh, you were giving him crap, too, dumb ass”, Brian reminded the boy.

 

 

 

Drew cracked a laughed, shaking his head. “Only because it was funny. It was a laugh seeing you get him all worked up. Oh man, he gets so mad.”

 

 

 

“You’re a jackass, you know that?” Brian said, a slight smirk on his face.

 

 

 

The smirk was returned and Drew reached over to lightly punch Brian’s arm. “Oh yeah?” Brian nodded with raised eyebrows. “What would you call yourself then, dick breath?”

 

 

 

“I’d call myself perfect, sack face”, Brian said back.

 

 

 

Drew laughed and the pair shared a few playful smacks and punches. “You can’t hide from me , Kinney”, Drew said after some more banter. “I know your secret.” Brian frowned and Drew pointed back to the blond sitting several seats ahead.

 

 

 

“Shut the hell up”, Brian laughed. He had to take it light heartedly so that Drew wouldn’t really catch on that there was some truth to what he was saying. It wasn’t like Brian had a crush or anything. Brian Kinney did not do crushes. But, he would be lying if he said he didn’t find the Taylor boy attractive. He would never admit it, but Justin had appeared in more than one of Brian’s dreams. The kind of dreams that had him feeling…things when he woke. That didn’t mean anything, though. They were just dreams. Justin was cute and Brian thought so. But that was all. And when this bus got to their destination, he would never have to see the little twat ever again…

 

 

 


 

 

 

PRESENT

 

 

 

Brian busied himself looking out the window as the bus made its way to the airport. He wanted quiet, but his mind was loud with the words Justin had spoken to him. His accidental confession. Their abrupt parting. Brian shook his head, desperate to think of anything else. He settled on remembering all the good times he’d had at camp this summer. Camp had actually been way more fun as a counsellor than it had ever been as a camper. Brian figured he could probably attribute that to not getting into any trouble for doing stupid things. That thought had him chuckling quietly to himself, bringing back some of his stupid pranks from his younger years. I really was a brat, he thought with a small smile. But it had all been an act. At camp, Brian could be who he wanted people to see him as. He could be tough and overpower anyone. It wasn’t quite the same at home. He lived in constant dread of his mother’s lectures and constant fear of his father’s violent outbursts. The cool kids thought he was a loser, so at school, he was the one getting pushed around. Once he got older and bigger, however, he began to fight back. He had to protect himself and Mikey. Brian was never top dog at school, but eventually people did stop messing with him. Summer camp was a place where he could pretend that he was the king of the world. And people believed him. So he kept up the act again and again.

 

 

 

He left home as soon as he turned 18 and never looked back. When he was free of the fear and the violence and the loser status, Brian decided he could finally live as whoever he chose to be. So he chose to be the king of the world. And just like it was at camp, people believed him. Of course as an adult, he never bullied or pranked anyone, but he did keep his heart under tight lock. No one would ever get to see his vulnerable side. He didn’t want to show people he could be weak, so he wouldn’t be weak. Michael and Debbie were the only two people that ever knew that side of him. They had known him long enough. And that was okay. Once he was free of his old family, he decided he’d choose a new one. It wasn’t very difficult, as he had already known it would be the Novotony’s since he was 14. And then he met Lindsay, then Ted and Melanie. Then he actually became friends with Emmett Honeycutt and reconnected with Drew Boyd. Finally, he had a family he could be happy to call his own. But having Drew around reminded him that he needed to stay on top. To be the king, he had to keep moving forward and building his empire. So he moved to New York City, doing the exact same job he had been doing in Pittsburgh. It was fabulous, but after 2 years, he began to wonder why. All his life he’d wanted a true family, and once he finally had one, he moved away from them. They still spoke often, but it wasn’t quite the same. Brian never told Justin this, but before he came back to Camp Peatree, he had started looking for an apartment in Pittsburgh. And another job. He figured it was time to come home. Being the king didn’t mean he had to be alone.

 

 

 

That thought brought him back to the camp. How he had ended up having way more fun there than he ever imagined. How he had come to actually care for the kids he only knew for 8 weeks. At the start of summer, it seemed like the camp would last forever, but looking back, it had just flown by. Brian remembered all the things they did over the summer. The campers tackled the rope course; a series of ropes at different heights that you could climb, swing and walk across. They learned outdoor cooking over their own campfires. One particularly cool thing was when they made milk carton hotdogs. You simply put a hotdog into a bun, wrap it up in aluminium foil, place it inside an empty milk carton and set the carton on fire. Preferably with a light or a match. Minutes later, you would have a smoky cooked hotdog. Brian had learned this when he was a kid and he still thought it was cool. The Rangers also went ice-karting. They took really big blocks of ice, covered the top with a tea towel, get one person to sit on it and pushed them down a hill. You would ride down on the ice as if you were in a sled in the snow. It was ridiculous, fun and made for a cold butt.

 

 

 

The patrol did many things together, shared many laughs and created many memories they could look back on with fondness. Brian knew that he would actually miss the camp, as well as the campers. He had won his bet against his friends because it turned out to be the easiest thing he had ever had to do. He hadn’t felt like he had to put up with the kids because he had actually enjoyed spending time with them. And Justin…

 

 

 

Justin was something else. He never imagined he’d run into the infuriating little blond again, much less become his friend and lover. And yet. Brian had learned that Justin was incredibly kind by nature. He learned he was thoughtful out of habit, sometimes awkward, annoyingly understanding and a massive flirt when he wanted to be. In the space of two months, Justin had become someone dear to Brian. Without pressing or forcing anything, the younger man had managed to get through the walls Brian kept around his heart. They had undeniable chemistry, but Brian knew it was beyond just that. Justin was now one of his best friends. And he really wanted him around. The memory of their parting flooded back and this time, Brian let it. Justin looked so shocked and afraid of his own words. Almost as if he didn’t mean them. But Brian remembered exactly what Justin said afterwards. “I didn’t mean to say it like that.” Like that. Like that. As in he did mean what he said, he just hadn’t planned on blurting it out the way he did. That thought did things to Brian’s gut. And his heart.

 

 

 

He reached down to get a water bottle out of his back pack. Maybe the funny feeling was just a symptom of dehydration. Once he got hold of the bag, he unzipped it and reached in. He felt something he didn’t remember putting in the bag. It felt like paper. With a slight frown, Brian looked down and opened the bag a little more. It looked like a drawing. Frown in place, he pulled the paper out and held it with two hands, letting his bag rest on his lap. It was a drawing of him sleeping. It was beautiful. Did Brian really look like that? The frown turned into a small smile and he saw Justin’s signature on the very bottom corner. He brushed his thumb over the signature and turned the page over. There was an address as well as a message written on the back;

 

 

 

For when you don’t feel like sleeping alone,

 

Justin xx

 

 

 

Brian couldn’t tell how long he stared at that message, reading it over and over. The address was clearly Justin’s home address. He had given him an invitation to visit. There it was again; that feeling in his gut. It spread to his chest and through the rest of his body. Those walls had been made to protect his heart. But as this feeling flooded Brian’s veins, he decided that he didn’t want to protect his heart from Justin. I’ve got to go see him, he thought. He was supposed to be returning to Manhattan, but he’d figure something out. Justin was worth the trouble.

 

 

 

*****

 

 

 

Two days had passed since Justin returned home and life had been pretty dull. He hadn’t returned to work yet and Daphne had been busy with her boyfriend and studies to have a proper chat. He only saw her when he arrived home and not since. The man sat on their couch with his sketch pad, feeling bored. He missed the excitement of camp and the laughter from all his Rangers. I hope they all have great futures, he thought, tapping his book with his pencil. It wasn’t often that Justin didn’t know what to draw, but since leaving Peatree, he felt stuck. Subconsciously, he probably knew why, but he couldn’t quite place it outright.

 

 

 

He was glad that he had at least achieved what he’d set out to do. Justin returned to Camp Peatree to help himself to finally accept his father’s death. And it had worked. He had begun to really heal from the loss, rather than avoiding it like he had been doing for the past year. I should visit Molly, he thought. The last time he had spoken to her was on the anniversary of their dad’s death. All things considered, it had been an alright day. Not fantastic, but not completely miserable like he’d anticipated. That probably wouldn’t have been the case had it not been for Brian. The man had been so sweet and supportive that day, quite the antithesis of the type of person he usually was. Justin knew it was all for him. What ever Justin needed that day, Brian gave it to him. That idiot, Justin thought with a smile. The feeling he had become accustomed to when thinking of the brunet was there again. The fluttering. His smile fell when he remembered the last thing he said to the older man. How he had just blurted out what ever and ran off. Brian didn’t respond, but Justin didn’t give him the chance to. He just bolted.

 

 

 

The blond squeezed his eyes shut and sighed, feeling like a moron. The memory of their ‘farewell’ left him sick with embarrassment and guilt. He had been desperately trying to keep what he felt for Brian inside, knowing that the man was not into relationships or feelings. And yet his stupid body betrayed him and made him look like a total loser. Granted, being a ‘loser’ at 25 wasn’t as big a deal as it was in high school. That didn’t stop him from shuddering when he thought about that mess of a moment. The odd thing was, he had expected Brian to laugh at him if he ever let his secret slip. But there was no laughter. Brian tried to call after him when he dashed off. Justin toyed with the idea of Brian feeling the same way. He shook his head after a while, thinking, If that were true, I probably would’ve heard from him by now. Sure, two days wasn’t that long to expect a message, but Justin did say something major and they hadn’t exactly parted on ‘good’ terms. He figured Brian had probably decided to just forget about him. Another sigh, this one sorrowful.

 

 

 

Daphne chose that moment to burst through their door, making Justin yelp and jump. Justin’s scream in turn made the girl jump and almost fall to the floor. She held onto the door frame to steady herself. “Jesus, Fuck”, he puffed, one hand over her heart. “I’m not that ugly, am I?”

 

 

 

Justin let out a big laugh and his roommate joined in. “You are by no means ugly, Daph”, he told her.

 

 

 

“I know”, Daphne responded, flipping her hair. Justin laughed again as she walked over to the couch. She plopped down beside Justin. “Just wondering why I scared you so much.”

 

 

 

“I was in deep thought”, Justin said in a mock-mystical voice and waving his hands about.

 

 

 

The girl frowned at her friend before laughing at his ridiculous antics. “Okay, what about?” Justin put his mystic hands away and shifted uncomfortably in his seat. “Come on, I’ve barely seen you since you got back!” she said, scooting closer to the blond. She put her arms around him for a hug.  “We’ve barely talked in ages. All I know is you had a thing with Brian Kinney”, she used a funny booming voice to say the name, making Justin chuckle. “I want details, bitch!” Justin made a strange little sound and Daphne let go of him to sit normally. “Did something happen?”

 

 

 

Justin looked at the girl for a moment before shifting in his sit. “Alright, so you know we were sleeping together”, he began and Daphne gave him a nod. He paused, embarrassed to say what he was about to say out loud. Truthfully, talking about it with his best friend would do him some good. “And we became really good friends over the summer so I started feeling…things.”

 

 

 

Justin looked over at Daphne nervously. “Things?” she asked.

 

 

 

“I…I kind of spat out that I sort of love him…” Justin said in a low voice. He sunk back into the couch cushions.

 

 

 

“Wow”, Daphne said, sounding both thoughtful and supportive. “When?”

 

 

 

“Right as we were leaving”, he answered.

 

 

 

“Well, what did he say?” She asked, cocking her head to the side.

 

 

 

Justin’s face grew hot as he recalled that incident yet again. “Nothing.” Daphne raised her eyebrows and Justin went on, “I didn’t give him the chance to say anything. I just ran to my bus.”

 

 

 

With her eyebrows high on her face, Daphne asked, “You ran?” She was slightly amused.

 

 

 

Justin covered his face with his hands. “I didn’t know what to do, Daph!” He turned his body towards her. “I didn’t mean to say it and he looked so surprised so I just left. I feel like a complete idiot! He’s probably back in New York, laughing at me.”

 

 

 

Daphne reached over to put a hand on her friend’s knee in support. “Jus, there is no way for you to know that. If you left before he said anything, you don’t know how he’s reacting.”

 

 

 

“Sure, but we haven’t talked since camp ended”, Justin told her. “I feel like he would probably at least text me if he still wanted anything to do with me.”

 

 

 

Daphne pursed her lips, thinking hard. “Maybe. But he could be thinking about what to say. The guy has always been kind of a jerk, right? Maybe he doesn’t know how to handle people ‘expressing feelings’.” Justin thought on this, not knowing what to say. “But, Justin”, Daphne said, getting his attention again. “Did you mean what you said? Are you in love with him?”  

 

 

 

That made Justin pause. He had spent the last part of the camp gathering his feelings, unsure if he wanted to acknowledge what they were. He’d had boyfriends before, but none of them ever made him feel like Brian. He had felt fluttering before, but never this intense. It had never spread through his entire body and taken over. The truth was he had more fun with Brian than with any other guy before. The reason his other relationships had ended was mainly because they never quite managed to be friends. The focus was always put on the ‘romance’. But Brian really felt like Justin’s friend. Since they began having sex, Justin got to see a new side of him. Not just a sexy side, but a sweet one. These were things Justin didn’t know existed in Brian until he got to know him. He was sure getting to know the real Brian was one of the best things to ever happen to him. Because only now did he realise that he had never actually been in love before. And now he was. Shit.

 

 

 

He looked back at Daphne and said, “Yes, Daph. I’m in love with him.”

 

 

 

“Wow”, his friend responded, sitting back into the couch. She had a sort of spaced out look on her face. It reminded Justin of when they used to get high together. That almost put a smile on his face.

 

 

 

“Yep”, Justin agreed.

 

 

 

Both friends were silent before Daphne perked up again. “Well, maybe you should try and contact him”, she suggested. Justin frowned, but she insisted, “Just give it a shot. Even if it doesn’t work out, love is worth it, Justin.”

 

 

 

“When did you get so wise?” Justin asked jokingly.

 

 

 

Daphne shrugged. “We’re 25. We gotta grow up at some point.”

 

 

 

“Don’t say that”, Justin said and Daphne laughed brightly. Maybe she was right. And even if it didn’t work out and Justin ended up flat on his face, he’d still have his best friend.

 

 

 

Hours later, Daphne had gone again and Justin was writing a text message to Brian. He was still sitting on the couch, biting his lip in concentration. He had erased his message a dozen times. He typed into his phone;

 

 

 

Hey Brian. Look, I know we parted on…weird terms. That was my fault. But I want you to know that you are important to me and I want you in my life. So when you’ve figured out what it is you want, give me a call. Take all the time you need.

 

 

 

“No”, he said to himself and moved his thumb to erase the words. His thumb hovered over his phone in hesitation. “Argh!” He closed his eyes and clicked ‘send’. There it was. It was sent. What the fuck did I do? he wondered. He looked at his phone, seeing no bubbles. Brian hadn’t seen it yet, but some time he would. And if Brian was the person Justin thought he was, he would respond eventually. “Shit”, he breathed, holding his phone to his heart. He sat like that, with his eyes closed for several minutes. A knock at the door startled him back into reality. He put his phone down, got up and trudged over to the door. He opened the door and froze. Standing in front of him was none other than the very same Brian Kinney he’d been agonizing over. They stared at each other for a few beats before Justin said, “Brian”, his voice doing nothing to mask his surprise.

 

 

 

“I, uh…I got your text”, Brian said with a slight laugh, holding up his phone.

 

 

 

Justin blinked at him. “I sent that like 5 minutes ago”, he said. Had Brian being hiding secret super powers all along?

 

 

 

Brian smirked and slipped how phone back into his pocket. “Yeah, I saw it on the way. It’s a pretty big coincidence that you sent this while I was literally on the way.”

 

 

 

“You were already coming here?” Justin asked, part in disbelief and part in happiness.

 

 

 

Brian let out a soft laugh. “Well, I didn’t just see it and super speed my way over.” Justin blushed and laughed. The pair looked at each other in silence, much like they had just before Justin blurted out those words back at camp. Brian cleared his throat. “Well, I’m here.”

 

 

 

“You’re here”, Justin said back, unsure of what to do.

 

 

 

The brunet in front of him thought for a second and began to speak. “Do you remember playing 7 minutes in heaven?”

 

 

 

Justin blinked again. “Huh?” Nothing about this was making sense.

 

 

 

“Back at Peatree. 10 years ago”, Brian clarified.

 

 

 

The younger man frowned, trying to recall what Brian was talking about. He remembered getting blindfolded and pushed into a closet. “Oh, yeah”, he said slowly, his frown fading.

 

 

 

“The kid in the closet with you ran away”, Brian said, a that familiar sparkle of mischief in his eyes. The look that meant he knew something Justin didn’t.

 

 

 

“Yeah”, Justin said, his frown returning. This time, it was a frown of confusion. “How…?”

 

 

 

“It was me”, Brian said before Justin could even finish that sentence. “I was the other guy in there with you.”

 

 

 

Justin’s eyes widened and he took a slight step towards Brian. “That was you?!” he asked, utterly surprised and amused. “You were my first kiss?”   

 

 

 

“I guess I was”, Brian answered, a smile on his handsome face. Justin smiled back at him, feeling kind of shy. Brian’s heart was also pounding. “I realized it was you when you spoke. You told me I was a good kisser.” The man waggled his eyebrows at Justin, making him laugh. Brian’s heart beat even faster. “Well, I was embarrassed when I realized it was you, so I got out of there. I wasn’t ready for whatever that meant.” Justin looked at Brian seriously, his eyes full of tenderness. “That feeling never really went away, I suppose. The whole ‘not being ready’ thing.” Justin didn’t say anything. He just waited for Brian to say whatever had brought him here. “Justin, I shouldn’t have let you just walk away.”

 

 

 

Justin had to say something to that. “I didn’t exactly give you a chance to react. I’m sorry about that.” Brian was about to speak, but Justin held up his hand to continue, “I was embarrassed. But I did mean what I said. I was trying to hide it because it’s true, but…” Justin took a deep breath. “I love you, Brian.” Brian’s eyes softened, emboldening Justin to say more. “Getting to know you this summer has been amazing. You became my friend and I really fell in love with you.”

 

 

 

Brian lowered his gaze to the floor, a small closed-mouth smile on his face. After a short moment, he looked back up at Justin, who was waiting somewhat anxiously. “I want you in my life, Sunshine”, he said.

 

 

 

Justin gave Brian one of his signature Sunshine smiles and moved forward to pull Brian into a kiss. He had his hands on either side of Brian’s face, while the brunet held onto his back. They kissed until Justin smiled and pulled away. He wrapped his arms around Brian’s neck. “That’s why you came all this way, huh?”

 

 

 

The brunet returned Justin’s smile and leaned in to brush their noses together. “Fuck, I love you”, he said quietly.

 

 

 

The man in his arms let out a small laugh. “Wasn’t so hard, was it?” Justin asked just as quietly.

 

 

 

Brian pressed his body closer to the younger man. “Guess again”, he joked. Justin chuckled and pulled the man in for another kiss, complete with tongue.

 

 

 

When the finally pried their mouths away, Justin asked, “You want to come inside?”

 

 

 

“I’d love to cum”, Brian said with one eyebrow raised. Justin barked out a laugh and pulled Brian in the apartment, their arms still around each other. “Nice place”, he commented, looking around as Justin pulled him towards what he hoped was his bedroom.

 

 

 

Justin leaned his face close to Brian’s. “You want to see my room?” he whispered, his breath against Brian’s skin.

 

 

 

The other man smirked and moved a hand down to grope Justin’s left ass cheek. “I’m sure it’s very comfortable.”

 

 

 

“You’ll be able to tell me yourself”, Justin replied.

 

 

 

Brian kicked the front door shut and let Justin pull him into his bedroom. He was very pleased to see that Justin had a nice big bed. He gave Justin another smirk and reached for him. The lovers kissed clumsily as they undressed each other, eager to reconnect. It had only been 4 days since they last had sex, but 4 days was too many. When they were finally naked, Brian stopped moving and looked into Justin’s eyes. Their gaze was intense and lustful. “Fuck, Justin”, Brian breathed before crashing their lips together again.

 

 

 

Justin guided them both towards the bed and pulled Brian down on top of him. He broke away from their kissing to pull a condom and some lube from his bedside table. Brian licked his lips. Justin leaned up, his face touching Brian’s and their eyes closed. “Fuck me, Brian”, he whispered. Brian barely had to move forward to bring his lips to Justin’s. He kissed Justin while he prepared him with fingers and lube. He kissed him while Justin rolled the condom on. He kissed him while he got into position. Finally, he tore their lips apart to grab Justin’s hip with one hand and his own dick with the other. “Do it”, Justin whispered and Brian pushed inside him. They moaned together while he made his way inside and locked eyes once he was all the way in.

 

 

 

“I love being inside you”, Brian told his lover as he began to rock in and out. Justin gasped at the motions. “I love seeing you like this. Making you feel good. Making you moan.”

 

 

 

Right on cue, Justin let out a moan. With a smile, he asked, “Like that?” Brian chuckled and nodded in response. Justin gripped Brian’s back with one hand and his ass with the other. He clenched himself around Brian, making the man gasp and moan. Justin smiled again as he released and Brian picked up the speed. “I love to make you moan too.”

 

 

 

“Oh do you?” Brian laughed, nuzzling their noses together. He moved his head to suck on Justin’s neck. That got the man panting. Justin grabbed Brian’s head and pulled him to kiss him. He slipped his tongue into his mouth and Brian sucked on it. He increased the pace, both men moaning together. After a while, Brian got up on his knees, holding Justin’s thighs. Justin groaned at this new angle, arching his hips up. Brian smiled and shifted so that he hit Justin’s sweet spot, making the man gasp each time. It was true; Brian loved making Justin feel good. He always liked to make sure his sex partners had a good time with him, but Justin was a whole new story. Brian found so much pleasure in giving pleasure to Justin. He cared more about getting the other man off than himself, which was something entirely new to him. With that in mind, he took special care to make Justin feel like the only person in the world. Because for the first time in his life, he loved someone. Brian loved Justin and Justin loved Brian.      

 

 

 

*****

 

 

 

9 months later

 

 

 

“And so I said, ‘Mary, not until you’ve got a booty as plump as a summer peach!’” exclaimed Emmett Honeycutt. His friends around him all laughed in response to his ridiculous and surely exaggerated story about one of his many drag queen friends.

 

 

 

Brian and his regular group of friends had all gathered at the Liberty Diner for breakfast as usual. They had taken up two booths, squeezing in way too close for comfort as they always did. The bell above the door jingled and Brian looked up. He smiled when he saw who had just entered and rose from his seat. Justin approached him with a big Sunshine smile and pulled him in for a brief kiss. “Hi”, he greeted after pulling back.

 

 

 

“Hi to you too”, Brian responded, his voice sounding far happier than anyone had ever heard it. He gestured for Justin to sit at one of the booths and sat next to him.

 

 

 

“Hey there, sweetie”, Emmett sang with a giggly voice as Justin sat.

 

 

 

Everyone else gave the blond their greetings and Justin reciprocated in kind. The first time Emmett saw Brian and Justin walk into a room with their arms around each other, he squealed and almost tripped rushing over to them in excitement. Drew was much cooler about it. Justin hadn’t seen him in person since camp and the guy hadn’t changed all that much. At least he’d stopped being a bully. The pair weren’t too surprised about the new couple, considering they had both ended up with people they never thought they’d give a second look. Soon enough, Brian introduced Justin to the rest of his gang. If Justin was nervous about meeting them, he didn’t show it. He had managed to charm all of Brian’s friends in no time at all. Michael, Brian’s best friend was a little suspicious in the beginning, but all it took was some bonding over super heroes and Mikey warmed right up to him. Now, Justin was part of the family too.

 

 

 

It had taken close to two months for Brian to settle everything in Manhattan and return to Pittsburgh. He’d managed to find an advertising position at Ryder; the hottest Ad company in the Pitts. They were very impressed with his resume and offered him the senior position they were filling. Justin and Daphne had also helped him find a great new apartment. It was bigger than the one he had in New York, making that another huge bonus to moving back home where he belonged. During all of this time, Brian and Justin maintained a long-distance relationship filled with lots of phone sex and video calls. Daphne had unfortunately walked in on their video chats a few times. Luckily, the girl had a sense of humour. Unluckily, she made fun of the boys for this and their insatiable sexual appetite every chance she got. Luckily, Brian was not in the least embarrassed…Justin could not say the same. Daphne and Justin’s other friends had warmed up to Brian right away, just like his friends had to Justin. Daphne simply declared that if Brian was ever a jackass again, she’d hit him right in the gonads. Brian assured her there’d be no need.

 

 

 

Finally, when Brian had settled back in, he and Justin could pick up right were they left off. It wasn’t all smooth sailing. The men had fights, slammed doors, the silent treatment, time apart. But all of these arguments always ended up with them rushing back to each other in a flurry of kisses, apologies and hot make up sex. They both agreed that the make up sex was the only good thing about fighting. Apart from the occasion three-way, the pair had managed to remain monogamous. Justin became insecure about this and asked Brian if he was sure he wanted to give his ‘sexual freedom’ up. Brian had just scoffed and assured Justin that after him, anyone else would be a disappointment. He had been having sex with one person over the entire summer, so he knew he could keep doing it. Justin was more than happy with that. They were in love and all the people on Liberty Avenue who laughed and gossiped could get fucked.

 

 

 

“Man, I am so pumped for summer”, Drew just about groaned. He took a big sip of his Oreo milkshake. Lord only knew how he kept his physic with all the junk he seemed to ingest.

 

 

 

Emmett put and arm around his man’s broad shoulders. “You always are.”

 

 

 

Drew leaned in so their faces were close together. “You wear less clothes in summer.” Emmett chuckled and gave his boyfriend a kiss. Things got heated pretty quick and the pair were soon making out like a pair of horny teenagers.

 

 

 

“Alright, alright”, Debbie said, walking over to them and banging the table with her palm. “Break it up, boys.” Drew and Emmett pulled their lips apart, but stayed in their embrace. “This aint the back room”, he said with a laugh that came out like a big hoot. “We’re trying to sell food here, not sex tapes.”

 

 

 

“Wait, you sell actually food here?” Brian asked sarcastically.

 

 

 

Debbie gave him a stern smack over the head before affectionately ruffling his hair. “You keep talking like that and you’re next meal will come with a side of spit.”

 

 

 

“I don’t doubt that’s already happened to me”, Brian remarked, earning an eye roll from his surrogate mother. She sashayed away and got right back to work.

 

 

 

“What’s everyone doing for the summer?” an all-grown-up Blake asked, looking around at everyone. “Anyone got any hot plans?”

 

 

 

“Well-“ Drew began before he was interrupted by Brian’s nerdy friend, Ted, tossing a piece of hasbrown right at his face.

 

 

 

“Let me just stop you right there”, the smaller man said, making everyone laugh. Drew and Emmett had never had any qualms about sharing every detail of their relationship with everyone and anyone. Their friends didn’t quite agree with that. What can you do?

 

 

 

“Anyone else?” Blake asked again.

 

 

 

Brian and Justin shared a grin-filled look before turning back to look around at their friends. “We’re going back to Camp Peatree”, Justin shared.

 

 

 

“Again?” Blake asked, almost incredulously. “Why do you two love that place so much?”

 

 

 

Both men shrugged. “It was fun”, Brian simply said.

 

 

 

“I can’t believe Brian Kinney managed to have actual fun and bag a boyfriend at a kid’s summer camp”, Brian’s kind of friend, Melanie said through an amused smirk.

 

 

 

“What can I say?” Brian responded, wrapping an arm around Justin and giving him a squeeze. “He’s just so good in bed.”

 

 

 

Justin laughed and pretended to look offended. “Is that all you want me for?”  

 

 

 

Brian nodded innocently and moved his face closer to Justin’s. “You already knew that, Sunshine.” Justin smirked at him. “Isn’t that all I’m good for to you?”

 

 

 

“Of course”, Justin teased, giving Brian a quick peck.

 

 

 

“Christ, not you two, as well!” Debbie’s voice called from across the diner.

 

 

 

Justin and Brian looked at the woman innocently. “The customers love it and you know it”, Brian called back to her. This got several laughs from people who weren’t even at their booths.

 

 

 

“Although, she’s right, you know”, Michael said, pointing a fork at the couple from his place across from them. “You tow have been crazy loved up ever since you moved in together.”

 

 

 

“Psh!” exclaimed Justin. “Who said anything about love? I’m just using this guy.” He wore a cheeky smirk.

 

 

 

Brian’s arm was still around Justin’s shoulders. He used it to pull Justin’s body closer to him and press his face into the blond’s hair. “That’s a Goddamn lie and don’t you even try to deny it”, he murmured to his man. In truth, Brian loved being able to refer to Justin as ‘his man’. Just, not out loud around his friends. They’d certainly never hear the end of that. They had been living together for 4 months and they still got constant jibs from their friends. And messages of abandonment from Daphne. What are friends for if you can’t make fun of them?

 

 

 

“Well”, Emmett said, getting the attention back right where he liked it; on him. “Since camp Peatree seems like such a blast, I might just have to go back, too!”

 

 

 

“If you do that, I’m coming with you”, Drew said, finishing off his milkshake. “I can’t deal without sex for 8 weeks.”

 

 

 

“Neither could Brian”, Michael joked, getting some laughs all-round.

 

 

 

“Oh my Gadiva, we can all go together!” Emmett cheered, clapping his hands together in excitement. He was bouncing around in his seat. “It’ll be just like old times!”

 

 

 

Brian and Justin shared a look. “What have we done?” Brian asked his partner.

 

 

 

“We should have just gone to camp without telling anyone”, Justin said back.

 

 

 

“Are you saying you don’t want us there?” Emmett asked. He was partly pretending to be offended and partly offended for real. “We will liven up the party, I am telling you!”

 

 

 

Justin hid his face in Brian’s neck to stifle his pained laughter. Brian rubbed his back a laughed along with him. They were going to spend another summer at Peatree. And this time was going to be a hell of a lot more interesting!

 

 

THE END!

 

Chapter End Notes:

 


 

Well, that's it, my loves! Another story all done! Thanks for coming along on the ride!

A special shout out to nkaur550 and Teinisydan for their wonderful support <3

I have several ideas for more stories, but so much less motivation, so I really have no idea if you'll see anymore of me. 

Anyhay, It's my 20th birthday on Thursday! Ugh, I'm an adult.

Love you all

xoxo