Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

-It's time to say goodbye to camp and to each other. Justin accidently lets someting slip...


 

-Once again, the sun peaking through the window was what woke Brian from his sleep. He hadn’t gotten many hours in, considering how late he and Justin had kept each other up, but when he finally did manage to get some shut-eye, it was sound and peaceful. Brian blinked several times until he could focus his vision. It instantly landed on Justin, as if his body was always searching for the blond to fill all his senses. The younger man was still sleeping beside him and Brian watched him for a while, without a single thought passing through his mind. Perhaps this was why he lifted a hand to trace Justin’s features. He trailed his fingers over Justin’s right temple, down over his cheek bones, across his jaw, over his lips and up and down his stupidly cute nose. Brian had never thought a nose was cute before. Looking at Justin’s, however, he decided ‘cute’ was exactly the right word for it. Those were the first thoughts Brian had had since waking and they led him into others. The morning had come as always, but this morning was significant. It was Sunday, week 8; the very last day of camp. This thought made Brian halt his movements over Justin’s face while an ugly feeling settled in his gut. He didn’t allow himself to dwell on it long as Justin made a sound that was oddly similar to purring, bringing his attention back to his cabin mate. Brian felt a small smile grace his lips when he focused on Justin’s face again and he resumed his movements, combing his hand through the front of Justin’s golden hair. He played with this soft hair for a while, in awe of how soft it was, until Justin shifted on the bed.

 

Brian pulled his hand away and waited for Justin to open his eyes. He let out a small groan, making Brian’s smile grow, and opened his eyes. Brian almost sighed in relief, but was able to restrain himself. What was it he always used to tell himself when he felt he was getting too close to losing control? Resist, he remembered. In this moment, it was exceptionally harder than it had ever been. Blue found hazel as quickly as Brian’s vision had focused on gold and Brian was greeted with a smile that would make any man melt. “Hi”, Justin said through droopy eyes and a husky voice. He blinked a few times and Brian wanted to reach out again to trace the golden eyelashes as he watched. Resist.

 

“Hey”, Brian said instead. “Thought you’d never wake up.”

 

Justin smiled again and shifted so that he was completely facing his bed partner. “Why? Have you been up long?”

 

Brian immediately regretted his choice of words, realising what they had revealed. Part of him wanted to tell Justin how much he liked watching him sleep, but the other part, the louder part, wouldn’t let him. Resist. This only allowed him to shrug and answer, “Not too long.”

 

Luckily Justin didn’t follow up on this, or Brian really would be in trouble. The younger man raised himself up on to his elbow and leaned over Brian to look at the clock. “Cool”, he says, settling back into the bed a little more. “We’ve got time to finish packing right now.”

 

Brian looked over at the clock and then back at Justin. “So we do.” That wasn’t exactly what Brian was hoping he would say, but if the slight soreness in his dick was telling him anything, he figured he needed a break from any nsfw* activities. At least for a little while. By the slight wince Justin made when he moved about on the bed, he figured his ass probably needed a rest just as much. None of this stopped them from making out a little before they left the bed. Both men carded their hands through each other’s hair while they kissed, enjoying the warmth of the bed and their current closeness. But as they say, all good things must come to an end.

 

Reluctantly, Justin pulled away after a while and let out a sigh. “Alright. Time to get up.” Brian made sure to sigh dramatically as he slowly got out of the bed. Justin chuckled at him. “And you say I’m dramatic.”

 

“You are”, Brian responded cheekily, wagging his eyebrows at Justin. “That was an impression.”

 

“Oh, was it?” Justin laughed. The sound made something flutter in Brian’s body. He moved across the bed and lowered his feet to the floor while Brian watched his movements. He stood and Brian remembered that they were both very naked. He had been so warm that he didn’t notice it when he got out of bed and his teasing made him forget that he and Justin almost always slept naked since the beginning of their…thing. He couldn’t help trailing his eyes down Justin’s body. Always the perceptive one, Justin understood what this meant. He let out another chuckle and stepped forward, “Feel free to admire me all you want.” That was all he did before he stepped away and headed for his bag.

 

Right, Brian thought as he watched his lover’s bubble butt. Packing. He tore his eyes away from the glorious sight and went to his own bag. “Here we go”, he muttered to himself. The counsellors spent the next 15 minutes moving around the cabin, locating and packing away their things, save for their clothes for the day and a few toiletries. Brian picked up a pair of briefs and frowned at them. Turning to Justin, he asked, “Are these yours or mine?”

 

Justin looked at them for a moment before nodding, “Yours.” He turned back to stuffing something into his duffle.

 

“Why do I remember you wearing them?” Brian asked, still holding up the underwear.

 

“I must’ve worn them a couple times”, Justin said with a shrug. “I’m pretty sure we’ve swapped a few things while we’ve been here, actually.”

 

“Yeah?” Brian asked, peeling his brain for memories of incidences like this. He didn’t know why it bothered him that he couldn’t quite remember any.   

 

Justin gave another shrug. “Yeah.” He continued to pack while he spoke, finishing up. “I mean we’ve been sharing this tiny cabin for a while. It’s not that weird, is it?” Finally, he looked over at Brian and the brunet realised that he actually wanted an answer to that.

 

He also realised that he had been staring at the blond without saying anything for a bit too long. He cleared his throat and shook his head, forcing out a smile. “Uh, no”, he answered. He looked back at Justin’s face and the smile became genuine. It always did around him. “Not weird.”

 

Justin smiled and zipped up his bag. “Well”, he said, giving the top of the bag a pat. “All done.” He started getting dressed and Brian turned back to finish up his own packing and dress himself. Justin hummed softly to himself while he dressed, not quite remembering what song the tune came from. Every time he stole a glance at Brian, the tune got louder and louder in his head, but he still couldn’t place it. Once Brian was all dressed, he announced that he was going outside for a smoke. Justin nodded and told him he’d meet him outside. He waited until he was sure Brian wasn’t going to come back in and unzipped his back pack to grab his sketch book. He flipped to them page where he’d drawn Brian asleep. He tore it out of the book and carefully slid his sketch pad back into his back pack. After he’d zipped it up, he walked over to Brian’s stuff and tucked the drawing into the other man’s back pack. He moved quietly, hoping Brian wouldn’t hear him and come back in. That hadn’t stopped him from humming. Just as he zipped Brian’s smaller bag up, he remembered what the song was; The Beatles’ version of ‘Till there was you’.

 

There was love

All around

But I never heard it singing

No, I never heard it at all

Till there was you

 

*****

 

The two men walked comfortably to breakfast together, close enough so that their shoulders occasionally bumped. They heard laughter and excited screams as they passed all their campers’ cabins. “What the hell is going on?” Brian wondered aloud, an amused expression on his face. He walked over to the cabin they knew belonged to Lane and Justin followed. He would follow Brian anywhere. The blond shook away the thought, knowing that Brian would probably think it was horrendously lesbionic. Still, Justin hurried to return to Brian’s side. Brian knocked on the cabin door and a boy from a different patrol opened it about 7 seconds later, puffing and smiling. “Morning, kid”, Brian said. “What’s all the commotion?”

 

Brian didn’t really need to ask. As soon as the door opened, they could both see all the campers inside the cabin having a pillow fight. They were laughing wildly as they hit each other with their pillows. Justin laughed at the sight, figuring that was probably what all the noise from all the other cabins was from as well. “Nothing much”, the kid panted. “We’re just at war.”

 

“War?” Justin laughed. Brian smirked beside him.

 

“That’s right”, another kid said, before tackling the boy who’d answered the door to the ground. He hit him with his pillow, shouting, “I am the king! I am the king!”

 

“Well, just as long as you head over to breakfast soon”, Brian said to the whole cabin. “Wouldn’t want to miss out on your last Peatree breakfast.”

 

As soon as Brian said that, Justin’s smile faltered. Last. That’s right. They would have breakfast, have one last activity, have lunch and then they would say goodbye. Today the camp would be over. They would all go back home and maybe never see each other again. That was a thought Justin didn’t want to entertain. Till there was you, he sang in his head. Justin didn’t hear the rest of the conversation but soon, he and Brian were back on their way to the dining hall.

 

After a short while of silence, Brian deliberately bumped his shoulder with Justin’s, making him look over at him. “Okay?” Brian asked his…friend? Lover? Justin wasn’t at all sure of where they stood now that camp was ending and it made him nervous in a way he’d never felt.

 

Remembering that Brian was still awaiting an answer he managed to muster up a small smile and said, “Okay.” They were silent again and Justin could feel Brian’s gaze on the side of his face. He could always tell when something was up with Justin because the sun wasn’t as bright as usual. Justin forced himself to meet his gaze again and added, “Just feeling a little sentimental this morning, I guess.” Brian nodded, deciding this was a perfectly acceptable answer, knowing Justin as he was. Besides, from Justin’s perspective, it wasn’t a lie. It was the truth with a few missing details. Or a lot of missing details.

 

Everyone was really chatty and lively during breakfast, eagerly tucking away into their food and sharing stories. People exchanged phone numbers and email addresses. Brian and Justin had already done that, so they didn’t need to bother with that today. This was something Justin was glad for, as he figured it would make him sad. Well, sadder. Anything that was another reminder that camp was over made Justin sad. Seeing as that was all everyone seemed to be able to talk about that morning, that was turning out to be quite the problem. He felt Brian’s familiar hand squeeze his knee under the table and he looked over at him. Brian gave him a wink and that was all he needed to laugh. He laughed and Brian smiled and for a moment the whole world disappeared and it was just the two of them. Till there was you…  

 

*****

 

The patrols all gathered together after breakfast for their final camp activity. The Rangers met out on the field. There was a slightly sombre mood among the group as the final goodbye was nearing. Justin wanted nothing more than to forget about that until it came. So, he put on a smile and said in his most cheerful voice, “Chin up, campers. We’ve still got this morning. And it’s going to be a lot of fun.”

 

The campers did not doubt this after the summer they’d had. “What are we doing?” Sasha asked, the first camper to pipe up. She seemed to be trying the same thing as Justin.

 

“We’re going to be playing hockey”, Brian told the kids.

 

This of course, got an instant reaction. “Awesome. Hockey is my GAME!” Tyler cheered.

 

“Isn’t every game your game?” Masamane pointed out.

 

“When you’re ‘the man’, everything is easy as pie”, Tyler responded with confidence.

 

Sam and Duke laughed at their friend as they moved closer to him. “Is that right?” said Sam, putting his arm around Tyler’s neck. Duke ruffled the boy’s hair with both of his hands.

 

An amused smirk on his face, Brian gestured at the right side of the group. “You guys will be on one team.” He pointed to the left side. “And you guys will be on the other team.” The kids got to moving right away, now very eager to get into the morning’s activity.

 

The Rangers set up some soccer nets as their goals and each camper was adorned with a hockey stick. They allocated their team positions while Brian and Justin explained the rules of the game. It was fairly simple; you hit the puck with the stick until you get it into the goal. With that out of the way, the campers got into position and begun the game with their counsellors as referees. Before they started, both teams huddled together for a pep talk. “Alright, this is the last chance we’ve got to kick butt this summer, so let’s go!” Troian said to her team. The campers cheered in response, set on victory.

 

“We’ve got the chops, so let’s use ‘em”, Felix said to his team. Everyone gave him a funny look. “What?”

 

“What does that even mean?” Sorou asked.

 

“I don’t know”, Felix shrugged. “What ever you want it to mean, I guess. The point is, we got this!”

 

The team cheered, confused and amused and the hockey game finally began. They ended up playing two games after each other as they had plenty of time. Sure enough, Tyler ‘the man’s’ team won both games, causing him to do a celebratory dance. The campers laughed and shouted while they played, the losing team not even mad at their loss. They were close games and full of fun. Brian and Justin found themselves cheering their campers on during the games. Everyone was still laughing and chatting away when it was time for lunch. That brought back the realisation that camp would soon be over. “Hey, campers”, Brian said, noticing the mood shift again. “I can’t think of a better final activity than the one we just had. You did good, kids.”

 

That managed to get a smile out of many of the campers as they took in Brian’s words. “Well, we better head to lunch”, Justin said after a moment. Everyone made their way, trying their best to joke and be as upbeat as they could. This seemed to come easy for the kids, so Justin decided he should enjoy his time left while he could. So he sat close to Brian during lunch, laughing and talking as usual. He made sure to throw in some flirting wherever he could, touching Brian’s thigh under the table. At one point, Brian grabbed the hand that rested on his thigh and gave it a squeeze. Could it be possible that Brian felt anything close to what Justin felt? Justin felt fluttering in his stomach and a tightness in his chest as Brian stroked his knuckles with his thumb. He wondered if Brian felt any fluttering. How nice that would be.

 

“Did you hear about the stink bomb in the toilets?” Counsellor Caroline asked. “What a way to say farewell, huh?”

 

The counsellors all laughed and shook their heads. “Turned out to be a couple of our campers”, Adam told the rest of the counsellors, surprising no one. His patrol had been behind several shenanigans over the summer.

 

He looked at his co-counsellor Carrie and she rolled her eyes. “They little dirt bags aren’t getting away with it”, she said. “Brad said they had to find a way to get out the smell before we have to hit the buses.”

 

“Good luck to them”, Brian snorted.

 

“You know anything about stink bombs?” Carrie asked.

 

Justin gave Brian’s hand a squeeze, making Brian laugh. “I was somewhat of a dirt bag when I was a kid”, he confessed. “Which means I’ve dealt with my fair share of stink bombs and let me tell you; the smell does not want to go away.”

 

Carrie shrugged and said, “Well, that’s too bad. If they’re clever enough to make the things, they should find a way to clean up their mess.”

 

Adam sipped his drink and swallowed loudly. “That’s right”, he agreed.

 

“Though, I’ll never forget the look on your ace when you came out of that bathroom”, Carrie teased.

 

“It was disgusting!” the man complained, giving everyone a good laugh. “It smelt like a dead cow and dog farts!”

 

The counsellors shuddered. “Oh man”, Phil sympathised. He reached over to pat Adam on the shoulder. “Don’t worry, the bad smell can’t hurt you anymore.”

 

“Why am I always the butt of every joke around here?” Adam asked.

 

“Someone’s gotta be”, Perry, Caroline’s co-counsellor responded, getting some chuckles. “Being around a big group of kids for a couple months has really deteriorated our maturity.”

 

“Can’t argue with you on that”, Counsellor Emily said.

 

“Ridiculous”, Brian commented, getting some more chuckles. Justin gave the man’s hand another squeeze, which got a squeeze back. The fluttering never stopped.

 

*****

 

Over an hour later, the entire camp was gathered out at camp base with all of their belongings packed. Brad and Sally stood on the main stage and addressed everyone. “Campers, this summer has been exceptionally wonderful and it’s all thanks to you”, Sally said. “I really hope you’ve all learned some new skills and made new friends. Having fun is what summer camp is all about, and you all brought it to Peatree.”

 

The campers and counsellors clapped and settled again when Brad began to speak. “Of course, this summer wouldn’t have gone so well without all of our excellent counsellors. Let’s give them an applause!” All the campers cheered and roared as the clapped for their counsellors. “Fantastic!” exclaimed Brad. “Thank you all for coming and keep in mind that Peatree will always be here for you to come back to. So we hope to see you back next summer!”

 

Another applause followed this and Sally said, “Have a safe trip home, everyone!” People begun to make their way over to where the buses were. There were some cars for the kids who were being picked up by the parents from the camp.

 

Brian and Justin walked together, The Rangers following along behind them. Once they’d come to a stop, Sasha stepped forward and said, “This is for you guys.” She held a card each out to both counsellors. Brian and Justin took the cards with appreciative smiles and opened them. Inside each card was a friendship bracelet made out of coloured wool. The campers had learned how to make these a while back and used the boys’ favourite colours to make these. The cards were signed by every member of the patrol. Brian’s read; To the Bri-man, you made us laugh throughout the summer and you made us brave. Thank you for helping us to believe in ourselves. You are awesome! The man smiled while Justin read his; Dear Justin, everyday you inspired us to be ourselves and to be good to others through your own kindness. Thank you for making this summer a total blast!

 

“These are great”, Brian told the campers with a big grin. He couldn’t stop the smile on his face or the warmth in his heart. He had come here to settle a bet with his friends, which he had. But ended up really caring about these kids rather than simply tolerating them.  

 

“We couldn’t have asked for a better patrol”, Justin said with heartfelt, getting a little choked up. He could see that several of the campers looked emotional. “Thank you!” The patrol gathered in for a big group hug, holding on to each other tightly.

 

“We’ll miss you”, Moira said once they all pulled apart. Everyone returned the sentiment to each other, sharing hugs and fond words. Before they knew it, everyone was getting on a bus or in a car, waving goodbye.

 

Brian and Justin watched as their campers all left the campsite, feeling the loss. Brad and Sally eventually approached them. “Thank you for your hard work here, gentlemen”, Brad said, giving both men a friendly handshake. “The camp was really great this year.”

 

Sally gave each man a quick, but maternal hug. “I hope you had a good time”, she said genuinely. For all their weirdness, there was no denying that these two were very kind people.

 

“We really did”, Justin told the woman. Brian agreed, earning two very bright smiles form the camp owners.

 

“Wonderful!” exclaimed Sally. “I’m glad.”

 

“Save travels back home, fellas”, Brad said, leading his wife away to speak to other people. “Hope to see you back one day”, he called back as they left.

 

It was time for the counsellors to board their buses. Brian and Justin said some friendly and funny goodbyes to all the counsellors, even though they would both be on the same bus as several of them. All that was left was their dreaded farewell to each other. They moved to face each other and Brian took Justin’s hands. “Well”, he began, dread in his voice. “This is it.”

 

“Yeah”, Justin said quietly. They stared at each other in silence for a few beats before they came together for a big hug. They squeezed each other tightly, revealing in the touch. “I never thought I’d say this, but I’m really going to miss you, Kinney”, Justin told the man in his arms.

 

Brian held Justin even tighter and responded, “You too, Taylor.” Finally, the pulled apart just enough so that they could look at each other’s faces. They still had their arms wrapped around each other. “Fuck”, Brian breathed and pulled Justin in for a kiss, uncaring of any overseers. Justin kissed him back enthusiastically before they reluctantly parted. “I don’t even know what to say, except that you made this summer really great”, Brian told his lover.

 

Justin nodded, sniffing. “You are the most ridiculous, frustrating, hilarious and fun person I know”, he told him. The pair stood in front of each other with sad smiles, not wanting to go. It felt like there were a hundred things left to say and do, yet neither knew where to begin. The tingling Justin felt spread throughout his whole body, the fluttering still present. His heart was so full, he couldn’t contain it any longer. He didn’t mean to say it, really. But his body took over and before he could stop himself, Justin blurted out, “Fuck, I love you.”

 

Brian was visibly stunned. His eyes widened and he took a small step back as if he had been pushed. He froze, not knowing how to respond while Justin looked at him with worried, slightly panicked eyes. “Uh”, Brian uttered, unintelligently.

 

“Oh my God”, Justin said, stepping back himself. “Oh my God, oh my God”, he repeated shaking his head. “That just came out”, he fumbled. “I didn’t mean to say it like that, I just…shit.” Brian reached out fro Justin’s arm, but the blond moved back again. “I uh, I gotta go”, he said before turning around and running to his bus.

 

“Justin”, Brian called as the man ran.

 

“I’m sorry”, Justin called back, not stopping. He gave his duffle bag to the bus driver to be placed underneath and climbed into the bus.

 

Brian stood where he was, unable to move as he watched Justin disappear. The blond’s words rung in his ears. “Fuck, I love you.”  Brian picked his own luggage up off the ground and sighed. “Fuck”, he said to himself. He walked over to his own bus, his heart pounding. Something electric moved through his entire body. What’s happening to me?

 


 

FLASHBACK- Summer, 2000

 

It was the last day at camp and everyone was sweating like crazy while they waited to be dismissed. Murph and Dudley were giving a speech that seemed to go on and on and fucken on. They gave out individual thank-you’s to all the counsellors, going over the great things about the summer, going over all the many, many things that went wrong and talking about what summer camp and teamwork is all about. As if that had to do with anything. They also shared old stories of the camp. No one was really listening anymore. Even the counsellors were half asleep. It was too hot and the speech was too boring. The campers were convinced that the camp owners were keeping them there in this weather on purpose for all the crap they pulled over the summer. It made sense, after all. Just as Brian was about to accept his fate, condemned to death by boredom and heatstroke, Dudley said, “We wish all a safe trip home, campers. Bye, bye!”

 

The campers and counsellors cheered, overjoyed to be able to get away before it was too late and they were doomed to die slowly, listening to Dudley and Murph’s tales of the past. Quickly, they made their way over to where the buses were waiting to take them home. The campers dragged their bags along with them. Once they reached the front of the campsite and the buses were in sight, they cheered again. “Well, campers, I’d like to say it’s been a pleasure, but I’d rather not lie”, Carl told The Waterloos as they stood together.

 

The campers laughed wildly, unable to counter this remark. They had put their counsellors through total crap this summer. “Surely you’re not saying my company wasn’t anything but pleasurable”, Emmett said with exaggerated outrage.

 

“Hold onto that confidence”, Carl responded, getting several chuckles. Emmett gave a bow and blew kisses into the air.  

 

“Waterloos, the summer has been…” Charlotte began, searching for the words to complete the sentence. “It’s been…it was…”

 

“I agree, Charlotte”, Brian interrupted, getting everyone’s attention. “The summer was.”

 

Charlotte pointed to Brian and said “Yes”, with a nod. And that was that. The summer was yes.

?/10, not sure if would recommend.

 

Someone cleared their throat after a weird beat of silence. “Standing around awkwardly is nice and all, but I’d rather get the hell out of here”, Max spoke up, hiking her duffle bag higher on her shoulder. “So without further ado, see ya, losers!” The girl walked over to the bus she was taking back home while everyone watched in amusement.

 

“She’s got the right idea”, Curtis said. “Later.” And with that, he was off. The rest of the campers swiftly shared their goodbyes and departed. It was as if spending the last 8 weeks together had not been a big deal at all. No one seemed to mind that there was no sentimentality. Except for J.D. He hugged Carla and Elliot tightly and when it came to him and Turk, they held each other until everyone had gone. It was a bromance for the ages.

 

“Let’s go”, Daphne said to her friends and they headed over to their bus. They had made sure to say a proper farewell to Blake, having become genuine friends over the summer. Emmett, Justin and Daphne were all getting on the same bus, so they were happy not to have to say goodbye just yet. Emmett was going to spend the rest of the summer with a relative in Pittsburgh. “Can you guys believe camp is over?”

 

“You know what? Yes I can, Daph”, Justin said, thinking back to all the pranks they’d been subjected to during their time at Camp Peatree. Although, they had dished out their fair share of pranks too.  

 

Emmett laughed and put his arms around both of his friends as they walked. “Aw, come on”, he said. “It wasn’t all bad. You met me, didn’t you?” The stopped walking, having reached their bus.

 

Daphne reached up to give Emmett a kiss on the cheek, which he took proudly. Justin smiled and put his arm around Emmett, hugging him. “And how wonderful that was”, he said. Emmett giggled and leaned down to give Justin a kiss of his own on the cheek.

 

“Aw, look”, Drew Boyd’s obnoxious voice called. “The little love birds are engaged.”

 

“Are you jealous, Boyd?” Emmett said back with effortless sass. The friends disentangled themselves and turned to see Brian Kinney standing next to Drew, looking like they had the world at their feet.  

 

Drew snorted a laugh. “Of what? Three dorks in a freak show?” He snickered at his own dig.

 

Emmett gave a fake laugh and rolled his eyes. “Honey, you wish.”

 

“You know, Boyd, you should be a comedian”, Daphne said. “You just can’t write that shit.”

 

The two bullies huffed and laughed as if they hadn’t just been burned. “Please don’t tell me you two are on our bus too”, Justin said, unimpressed.  

 

“Alright, I won’t tell ya then”, Brian said back with a stupid, handsome smirk. He crossed his arms over his chest.  

 

“How original”, Daphne rolled her eyes and walked away to hand her bag to the bus driver. Emmett gave their tormentors one final look up and down and followed her.

 

Justin stayed where he was, his eyes on Brian’s stupid, handsome face. “Can’t wait to never see you again”, he said to his nemesis.   

 

Brian stepped closer to the boy so that they were almost touching. Justin swallowed hard as the brunet leaned in and whispered, “You love me.” He pulled back and gave Justin a wink before the younger teen scoffed and turned to walk after his friends. Brian snickered to himself and watched the boy walk away. He had seen the blush begin to colour Justin’s cheeks as soon as he had gotten close to him. Justin could pretend he hated Brian all he wanted, but the brunet knew better. The kid was attracted to him for sure.

 

Drew lightly whacked Brian on the arm, snapping him out of his thoughts. “We gonna go get seats, or what?” the buff teen asked his friend. They had already given their duffels to the bus driver.  

 

“Sure”, Brian said, climbing into the bus. He realised that before Drew got his attention back, he had been staring at Justin and his stupid, cute butt. He shook his head and sat down next to Drew.

 

Daphne, Emmett and Justin got on soon after, sitting a few rows in front of their tormentors. “Hey, check this”, Drew said, throwing some scrunched up paper that had been in his pocket. It hit Justin right in the back of the head. The two boys laughed like the mature young men they were.

 

The blond turned to look back at the pair and rolled his eyes. “You suck”, he said, his voice dripping with sarcasm. Emmett reached over to ruffle Justin’s hair and said something Brian and Drew couldn’t hear. Whatever it was, it got Daphne and Justin laughing. Brian watched the blond’s face light up as he laughed and marvelled over what a nice sight Justin Taylor laughing was. Yes, he could not wait to never see that kid ever again, either…    

 

TO BE CONTINUED...

 

Chapter End Notes:


*NSFW= Not Safe For Work. It pretty much means something that is inappropriate

Only one chanpter to go, dears. Read on and share your thoughts!

Much love, especially after the recent tragedies of the world

xoxo