Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction
Author's Chapter Notes:

-The Rangers play acting games and Brian and Justin are done playing...


 

-The following day, The Rangers gathered in a nice space outside where the cool summer breeze hit them just right. This breeze lightly rustled the leaves of the trees above. It was all very pleasant. The temperature was ideal, and the sunshine was delightful. Brian liked how it made Justin’s hair shine golden. Justin liked how it made the flecks of green in Brian’s eyes stand out. Sunshine seemed to bring out beauty, a curious thing to Brian Kinney. Perhaps this was the real reason he’d called Justin ‘Sunshine’ all those years ago, and why he still called him the nickname now.

 

It was a Friday. The Rangers had grown even closer in the time they were at camp. A comfortable trust and care was evident throughout the group. Brian and Justin were proud that their campers supported each other and got along more than well. It made all their activities and all their days all the more enjoyable. “We’re going to play some theatre games this morning”, Brian informed the campers in their nice spot amongst the trees and the breeze. While a couple of the campers looked like they thought this would be lame; a typical reaction from the more ‘cool’ kids, most of the campers really liked this idea. It meant that they would be having fun all day. The counsellors were determined, as always, that they would.

 

All of the drama games were based on improvisation, encouraging the players to work their imagination and use their creativity. It also required cooperation and willingness to let go and try anything. There was no such thing as a bad idea in these games, so long as everyone would go along with it. The patrol began with the classic game; space jump. “Space jump is pretty much the game that teaches you how improvisation works”, Justin explained. “We start with one person doing something such as reading a book. Then, when someone figures out a different scenario they want to make, they cal out ‘space jump’. The person in the scene freezes and the other person starts a new scenario, based off of the frozen pose the person ‘on stage’ is making. These two people will have a scene, for example, riding an elephant, and when someone else comes up with a new scenario, they call out ‘space jump’. The people in the scene freeze and the third person has to use their positions to make a different scenario, like delivering a baby. The game continues like that until everyone has gone, and then we go backwards.”

 

A few questions the campers had were answered by the two camp counsellors and the patrol began the game. They decided that only 10 people could be in a round at once, as 20 would be far too crowded. That, and it was always better to have an audience for these games. They were not just fun to play, they were fun to watch. Sasha started ‘on stage’. She improvised baking a cake, using miming to do so. Justin was impressed with this because it meant the girl was using her imagination to visualise the ‘reality’ of her scene. She had mentioned that she took regular drama classes. Marijanna called ‘space jump’ and led the improvisation into a jewellery heist. Several more campers joined in on this round, building hilarious sketches together. “That was so great”, Justin told the kids when their round had finished.

 

“You guys are hilarious”, Brian applauded them, making the campers proud. The remaining ten campers were eager to start on their round after watching the first funny round.

 

Felix was the camper to begin the second round, pretending to ride a horse in a comical fashion. Everything with this boy was comical. Hawnai jumped in and changed the story to an intense Mexican standoff. “You’ll never defeat meeee! Senoir,” she cried, making everyone burst out laughing. By the end of this round, the whole patrol was crying with laughter. They laughed until their stomachs hurt. It was only morning, and the day was already so much fun; a good sign.      

 

The patrol went on to play ‘train’; a game in which several people pretended they were on a train and one person had to try to make them all laugh. Like the first game, this was hilarious, boisterous and very enjoyable for the players and the watchers. They then played ‘what are you doing’, where all the players had to mime completing a particular task, then give a new, more inventive task to the next person who asked them what they were doing. Yu-Jin mimed riding a bike when Tyler asked, “What are you doing?” She told him that she was performing heart surgery, which meant that Tyler had to mime heart surgery. Of all the theatre gams the patrol played, this was the least popular. The last game they played was the collective favourite as it involved more story. It was known as ‘the party game’ and each player was given a specific type of character to play at a party. The host had to guess who or what the guests were supposed to be. Brian and Justin were pleased with how imaginative their kids were and were convinced to play in a round with them.

 

Before they all knew it, hours had passed. The patrol were brought back in to reality when Brad and Sally announced their presence. “Yoohoooo!” Sally called, waving enthusiastically as she approached the group. Brad skipped along behind her, a cheesy grin on his generic face. Brian couldn’t believe that he actually knew people that were real life versions of couples you always saw in real estate magazines and commercials. It was…sickening.

 

“Hello campers!” Brad sang with flair. It was enough to make even the kids doubt the man’s sexuality. “We have got some exciting news we think you’ll be glad to hear.”

 

Pausing for effect, wide-eyed Sally announced, “Next week will be our official Camp talent show!”

 

This actually sparked some interest in most of the listeners, who perked up. “That’s right”, exclaimed Brad. “So put on your magician capes and shine your dancing shoes, because anyone can enter!”

 

“We’ll accept anything you think is a talent”, Sally told them. “So long as it’s appropriate. We don’t want anything offensive or rude. But we know you kids are good enough to know that on your own.”

 

“You can enter in groups, or by yourself. The sign up sheets will be in the main hall. Just leave your names, the name of your act and what you’ll be performing for us”, explained Brad. “It’s always a magical night that’ll bring fun to even the debbiest of downers!”

 

Brian cleared his throat to keep from chuckling at Brad’s lameness. Justin knew exactly what the man was up to and gave him a discreet look. Their eyes briefly locked and they shared a small, yet very amused smile to display all their feelings about these two people. Sure, they were good. But that was exactly it; they were too good. Brad and Sally were hard to believe as real people. Both counsellors wondered how their hippy and free-loving parents and predecessors had managed to raise a boy like Brad. Could be way worse, Justin thought with a slight shrug.

 

Eventually, after taking a few questions, the couple left and the Rangers were free to go to lunch. The boys dismissed them and led them to the dining hall. On the way, the kids talked animatedly about the talent show and how much fun it would be. “I am going to wow the non-believers with my magic”, Jesepee, the quiet golden boy said. “By the end, no one and I mean no one will ever say they don’t believe in magic ever again.”

 

“I’ll take you up on that”, Tyler challenged.

 

“Yeah, why don’t we make a bet out of it”, added Masamane, completely serious.

 

Jesepee apparently liked a good challenge. He confidently nodded, with his arms spread out as if he were an eagle about to soar across the sky. “Bring it on”, he said. The kids all laughed and playfully teased each other all the way to the dining hall.

 

As they walked, Justin enjoyed his fingers lightly brushing against Brian’s. They were standing close enough to each other that they would have to reach for each other. Still, they did not. They only stuck to the ‘fingers brushing’ thing. It was oddly comfortable; one thing Justin didn’t ever expect to feel around Brian Kinney. Time really did change things.

 

*****

 

The rest of the day went just as well as the first. In the afternoon, the Rangers were divided into smaller groups and put together short drama pieces. Everyone ended up having a blast and once again Brian and Justin had something to be proud of their campers over. They were the kind of kids that would go far…probably.

 

As night claimed the camp, Justin walked with Brian back to their cosy little cabin. Now that he and Brian were sort of lovers, he didn’t mind the cosiness so much anymore. No longer did either man find it to be suffocating. They both stepped up onto the small porch and opened their door. Every time Justin performed this very action, it brought back a whirlwind of memories…

 


 

FLASHBACK- Summer, 2000

 

Justin and Emmett laughed and conversed as they walked back to their cabin after a long day. They had spent the day playing sports, vigorously moving their bodies way more than either boy was used to. Even after warm showers, their muscles ached with vengeance, punishing them for daring to exercise. All they wanted was to get in bed and stay there for hours on end. Their other roommates were still hanging out at the dining hall, so it was just Emmett and Justin. “I cannot wait to lay down and never play football again”, Emmett said.

 

With a laugh and a nod, Justin agreed. “Oh yeah. I’m gonna be feeling this for days. That’s what I get for being an artist. All we do is sit or stand around for hours. Tell us to actually move our bodies, and we practically drop dead.”

 

“You weren’t that bad”, Emmett offered.

 

“Oh no. I’m am”, Justin responded, waggling his eyebrows for good measure.

 

“The only exercise I’ll be doing is the kind in bed”, Emmett said, completely serious.

 

Justin pondered over that statement before asking, “Have you ever had sex before?”  

 

Emmett gave him a wink and said, “Oh, have I ever.”

 

The friends shared a laugh, nearing their cabin. “What’s it like?” Justin asked. He felt at ease with this other boy. Emmett was so free and open that he made it easy to be around him. Justin liked how honest and unashamed the flamboyant boy was. Someday he hoped to be a little like him in that regard.

 

“Baby, it’s like nothing else in the world”, Emmett answered.

 

“Did it hurt?” the blond asked. “I mean the first time?”

 

The taller teenager nodded. “At first. But it gets better and better as it goes on. I need to stop. I’m getting hot just thinking about it. His name is Jackson Gilroy. I can’t believe I’m going 8 whole weeks without having sex. It’s barbaric.”

 

Justin laughed, not being able to relate. He was in no rush to lose his virginity, but he did think about sex quite a lot. He was a teenager, after all. In truth he was old fashioned. He wanted his first time to be special. This was something he could not tell the few friends he had back home. They would tell him he’s delusional. Perhaps he was. But if delusional got him his dreams, Justin would take it.

 

The boys finally reached their cabin. Emmett unlocked and opened the door. Unexpectedly, the teen toppled over rather ungracefully. “Wahhh!” he cried.

 

“What’s wro-woah!” Justin said. The blond immediately got tangled up in string. He looked around the room and saw that strinf had been tied everywhere around their cabin. “What in the…?”

 

Outside, Justin could hear some laughter. He guessed it belonged to whoever was the blame for this little prank. “We got ‘em, gentlemen”, an unfortunately familiar voice said. “We got ‘em good.”

 

His face turning red with annoyance, Justin wrestled to untangle himself while Emmett did the same from his place on the floor. He’d heard everything Justin had and was just as eager to go after those infuriating boys. “We know you’re out there!” Emmett called.

 

“Kinney, you are going to get it!” Justin called.

 

These comments only led to more laughter from the mischievous boys outside. “When you’re ready to give that a try, we’ll be right outside”, Brian called back with obvious amusement. “Come and get it, boys”, he teased.

 

This of course only enraged the tangled up boys even further. Despite all the inconvenience, Justin was sure that getting Brian back would be extra fun.

 


 

PRESENT

 

Justin chuckled under his breath as the memory came back to him. With a smirk of his own, Brian looked at Justin and asked, “What’s so funny?”

 

The older version of the blond shrugged and looked back at his co-counsellor. “I was just remembering old times.”

 

“And by old times, you mean the pranks we used to pull on each other?” Brian suggested, smirk still in place. They both stepped inside their cabin.

 

“We did some pretty terrible things to each other”, Justin remarked, closing the door behind them.

 

Brian moved to stand closer to Justin. They could both breathe in each other’s intoxicating scent. “What should we do to make up for all of it?” he asked, leaning in.

 

Completely wanting what was about to happen to happen faster, Justin moved even close to Brian so that their bodies were touching. “We can start with this.” Justin moved in and kissed Brian fiercely. Instantly, clothes came flying off. These were two men that had to have their hands on each other right that very second. There could’ve been a fire and neither man would let go. Justin moaned into Brian’s lips, who loved the vibrations it caused. It made him laugh against Justin’s mouth. He pulled away and moved his head to suck on Justin’s neck while the blond himself laughed too. Brian dragged Justin to the closest bed and they fell onto it. Brian wasted no time in getting him all sheathed and Justin all ready for him. Both men wore matching smiles as Brian entered Justin once again. “Uhhh”, Justin moaned in appreciation.

 

It was amazing; even though this was not the first time they’d had sex, each time Brian was surprised by just how wonderful it felt to be inside Justin. Pausing for a very brief moment to let the man adjust, Brian began to move and out of the hot and deliciously tight channel. “Ohhhh yeah”, he moaned.

 

Justin grabbed Brian’s ass in two hands. “Fuck me, Kinney. Show me how guilty you feel for all those mean little pranks”, Justin demanded teasingly.

 

Brian’s smirk returned and the pair shared a laugh as they moved together. “Let’s just hope you can handle how very guilty I am”, Brian flirted, picking up speed with his thrusts. He changed his angle as well, getting deeper and deeper. Justin’ moans got louder and louder, pleasing Brian beyond anything else ever had.

 

“Ohhh. Uh!” Justin shouted. He tugged Brian’s hair almost roughly to pull his head down for another yummy kiss. The two counsellors spent the night having playful yet passionate sex, not getting nearly enough sleep in the end. One thing both men could agree on; it was so worth it.   

 

TO BE CONTINUED…

Chapter End Notes:


I'm terribly sorry it's been so long! I've been out of the country and very busy! Well, I have not given up on this story and I shall not!

Enjoy and let me know what you think ;)

xoxo