Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

CHAPTER 7 – WHERE THERE’S A WILL THERE’S A WAY…

 

MOTOCROSS CENTRE

 

HUNTER

 

                “Uh…”

 

Smooth really smooth Hunter!  Matt smiles at me and extends his hand, it’s so warm and I can feel it in my toes. 

 

                “Don’t know about you but I am starving!”  He says

 

                “Us too!  Oh wait, look at the time, we’ve got to head back, come on Hunter, the service will be here soon!”  J calls out heading towards the exit, dragging Gus with her.

 

                “What’s with the pulling?”  I hear Gus grumble

 

                “Privacy doofus…come on!”

 

Matt grins at me and hands me his phone, I am still shell shocked and do nothing.

 

                “I’m sorry I…”

 

                “No.  Not no that I don’t want your number but no that…”

 

                “How about I take your number?”

 

I nod mutely and hand him my phone as our fingers touch I can’t help but wonder how can a person be so warm! 

 

                “So I will call you tonight.  Get the deets for tomorrow yes?”

 

                “Yeah.”

 

He runs his finger down my face and is gone with his friends, Tag looks back and smiles.

 

                “Earth to Hunter come on, the car is here!”  Gus yells.

 

I follow them out and get in the car, Gus and J exchange grins.

 

                “He’s…um what’s the word I am looking for…hot yes hot, tell me please tell me you got his number!”

 

J is bouncing in her seat and I am blushing from my ankles up.

 

                “Way to go Hunter!”  Gus punches me in the shoulder.

 

                “I need to know about tomorrow, he’s calling me tonight…oh God he’s calling me tonight!”

 

They both burst out laughing. 

 

                “I hate you both!”  I yell.

 

                “Hunter pile!”  They cry and leap upon me.

 

GUS’S BEDROOM LATER THAT EVENING

 

GUS

 

We are all on my bed and although he’s trying not to Hunter keeps looking at his phone and I can feel him willing it to ring.

 

                “He’ll call, I am sure of it.”  J says

 

                “Nah he…”

 

His phone is ringing, he almost breaks his neck getting off the bed to get to it.

 

                “He-hello.  Oh hi, how are you?  Did you eat?  You said you were hungry when we left and a…”

 

J and I cringe as Hunter starts to sound like a grandmother not a boyfriend!

 

                “Give me that!”  I snatch the phone off him and J tackles him to the ground, roller derby has its uses!

 

                “Hey Matt, its Gus, thanks for including us and making it a greater day.  So tomorrow, we will start say about three are there any allergies within our crew…I have a crew in the Pitts this is so cool…oh wait, hang on maybe you should speak to papa, hang on!”

 

I head downstairs with the phone nattering to Matt on the way and ignoring Hunter’s yelling.

 

JENNY

 

Keeping him on the floor is a lot more difficult than I first thought but since he likes his hair and I have a handful he is keeping still. 

 

                “J let go and let me up for fuck sake!”

 

                “Nope, not until you can talk like you want to be his boyfriend and not his aged aunt.  Have you eaten?  Seriously?!”

 

He glowers at me and then chuckles.

 

                “Yeah that was really bad but I didn’t expect him to call.”  He looks away from me

 

                “Why on earth not?”

 

                “Well look at me!”

 

                “And!”

 

                “My past!  Do you really think he’s going to want to be with me when he finds out everything?”

 

                “Who says he has to find out now!  Right now all I see, no shush seriously or I snatch you bald, are two guys who on seeing each other thought wow, get to know each other first and if it comes to the point when you have to tell him then tell him but at least kiss the guy first!  He has the most amazing looking lips, all soft and pouty…”

 

                “Yeah I have never seen a mouth like it, I just want to take that bottom lip and…”

 

I look up and see Gus holding my phone to me, it’s on speaker…

 

                “And what, what do you want to do to my bottom lip?”  Matt chuckles.

 

                “Gus you asshole!”  Hunter screams

 

                “Could be worse, I could have FaceTimed you…”

 

                “This is not happening!  J get off, seriously get the fuck off and Gus give me my phone!”

 

He stomps out of the room and slams the door.  Ten minutes later he comes back in and plops on the bed.

 

                “Again, I hate you both!”

 

We burst out laughing.

 

MEANWHILE AT THE NOVOTNY BRUCKNER’S

 

BEN

 

Michael has been in a mood all day, well no matter this needs to be discussed so let’s get this shit done.

 

                “Michael can we talk about our wills, POA and that stuff you know since what happened?”

 

                “Of course, no more ice skating for you for one thing!”

 

He laughs but the smile doesn’t reach his eyes, we settle down and start to go through stuff, when it comes to the division of our estate he frowns.

 

                “You are leaving half of your estate to Hunter?”

 

                “Of course, who else would I leave it to except the two of you?”

 

                “But what about Jenny?”

 

                “What about her Michael?  She has Mel, Lindz and you, besides Hunter’s….”

 

                “I cannot believe this!  You say she’s your daughter but when it comes down to it she’s not!”

 

                “How much are you leaving to him then?”

 

                “Who?”

 

                “And there it is, there’s why half my estate goes to Hunter!  I need air!”

 

I head outside and start to walk towards the centre of town, then my phone rings.

 

                “What!”

 

                “Woah big guy what’s up?” 

 

                “Sorry Brian, it’s just…”

 

                “Where you at?  I can send the service.”

 

                “I can be at Woody’s in 10 minutes.  But I need to go home after we talk.

 

                “Okay see you soon.”

 

I head to Woody’s and knock back a scotch then I get in car and sigh its high time I look after my boy.

 

BRITIN

 

BRIAN

 

                “He sounded so…I don’t know, not like Ben.”

 

                “Let’s just see what we are dealing with okay?”

 

I nod and kiss the hand currently on my shoulder when the doorbell chimes, we exchange looks, so I say a silent prayer and let him in.

 

                “Remember the kids are upstairs.  Let’s take it to the man cave…”  Justin starts

 

                “For the last time it is not a man cave, it is a place of…”

 

                “Semantics now?  Can we just get in there?”

 

We follow Justin to my place of refuge and settle down.

 

                “What’s he done?”  Justin asks

 

Ben proceeds to tell us all about the evening and both Justin and I are gobsmacked, Hunter is leaving his estate to Jenny and Gus with explicit instructions that they go nuts and do stupid things nothing sensible like college.

 

                “When did he do this?”

 

                “Before, all of this shit happened he had a little bit saved and even has a tab at Woody’s”

 

Justin sniffles and buries his head in my chest.

 

                “So what’s the issue?”

 

                “If I pre-decease him I need to know that someone will keep an eye…”

 

                “Stop, as if you need to ask!”  I snap.  “Sorry, but he’s as much ours as he is yours okay?”

 

Ben starts to tear up and nods then we head upstairs, we hear the kids laughing and joking, Ben slips out of the door and is gone without them knowing.

 

                “So when does he call you Uncle Brian?”

 

                “He doesn’t!”

 

I pull him into a deep kiss and then shake my head.

 

                “Can you believe that?”

 

                “Sadly yes.  Come on stud, let me make you feel a whole lot better.”

 

He winks and walks coquettishly to the study, taking off his clothes as he does.

 

SATURDAY – GUS’S BIRTHDAY BBQ – AFTERNOON

 

BRIAN

 

Everyone is here and we are having an excellent day so far, okay I should have let Emmett do the food because it’s not as good as his but we didn’t want him to be working.  Gus is with his new friends and they seem to be enjoying themselves.

 

The only fly in the ointment is Michael who seems to be in a very bad mood.

 

MICHAEL

 

                “Where are you going Jenny, who are those kids?”

 

                “To join said kids, we met them yesterday.”  She replies over her shoulder and is gone

 

                “You’d think they’d be more into basketball…”  Michael snickers

 

                “Why?”  A deep heavily accented voice behind me asks making me jump

 

                “What?”

 

                “Why would they be more into basketball than motocross?”

 

                “Well isn’t it obvious?”  I reply smirking

 

                “No.  Please explains to me.  I am not from these parts and don’t understand what you are trying to get at…”

 

I see Ben and Brian exchange looks, Ben shakes he head at me.

 

                “Well look at them, they are more suited to basketball…”

 

                “Be…cause…”  He stretches out the word

 

                “They are tall and they are, well, you know well most of them...”

 

                “Oh I see because they are Black and tall they should restrict themselves to basketball.  Why did that make you laugh?”

 

The way he is looking at me makes me uncomfortable so I look to Ben for help but he looks away as does Brian.

 

                “It was a joke.”

 

                “To whom?”

 

                “Well hello there handsome!”  Emmett coos

 

I don’t think I have ever been so happy to see him in my life.  The stranger switches to Emmett and grins back, extending his hand.

 

                “Faal.”

 

                “Excuse me, where are you from, did you say Fa, uh Faal?”

 

                “Yes.  South Africa and you are?”

 

                “Emmett, Emmett Honeycutt.  And this…sweetie…is my lovely man Drew.  Drew this is Faal.”

 

Drew and Faal exchange handshakes and smiles.

 

                “My name is Michael and this is my husband Ben.”

 

He shakes hands with us all.

 

                “So, you were explaining to me the joke Michael.”

 

                “What joke?”  Drew asks

 

                “Michael was saying that the group of teenagers over there would be more suited to basketball than motocross because they are Black and tall and I don’t understand why that is funny?”

 

The silence after that remark makes my skin crawl, he makes it sound so bad, like I was being insulting.

 

Suddenly a grin spreads over his face as he stares off into the distance. 

 

                        “It wasn’t.”  Drew says

 

                        “What wasn’t what?”  Faal asks

 

                        “Funny.  Sometimes some people don’t think before they speak.”  He replies.

 

Faal nods and continues to stare at the group approaching us, that smile never leaving his face.  I hadn’t noticed that Justin is in that group. 

 

                “Faal, let me intro…”  I begin as he approaches.

 

Suddenly he sweeps a woman into his arms and kisses her deeply, we are all stunned as he practically sucks the air out of her lungs.

 

                “Hello, when did you…”  She gasps

 

                “My lig, my lig.”  He murmurs

 

                “Lig, what is lig?”  Emmett asks.

 

Faal lifts his head from her neck and smiles.

 

                “Light.”

 

I snort into my glass.  She whips her head round to face me but before she can say anything, he growls.

 

                “To do it once is foolish, to do it twice could get you a punch in the throat…”

 

                “Uh Faal, what’s going on here?”

 

                “He thinks that Black tall boys should only play basketball.”

 

Brian sighs and pinches the bridge of his nose.

 

                “It was a joke, both times, I don’t see what you are getting so upset about…”

 

                “Where are you from, I mean your ancestry?”  He asks

 

                “Faal…” She begins

 

                “My lig, let me fight this one yes?”  He kisses the tip of her nose.

 

She sighs and nods, seriously who the fuck is this woman?

 

                “Italy.”

 

                “Hmm…so like most Italian men you are a momma’s boy yes?”

 

                “Hey!”

 

                “But it’s a joke, right?”

 

Justin snickers and even Brian smiles.  I can feel the blush creeping up my face.

 

                “You’ve made your point.”  I snap

 

                “Good.”

 

JUSTIN

 

Wow that has got to be one of the sexiest straight kisses I have ever seen and when he said let me fight this one, I almost wept.  Michael mumbles something about getting a drink and walks off looking meaningfully at Ben who reluctantly follows with Emmett and Drew.  Zaden is shaking her head and speaking to Faal quietly.  He looks contrite and then across at us.

 

                “I am sorry for that, but I will not have my lig insulted nor my boy.”

 

                “Your boy?”  I ask.

 

He points to the group of teens that Gus and Hunter had invited.

 

                “See the one with the green top, wait that’s my top…anyway, green top and blue jeans just raising his hand now?”

 

We all nod.

 

                        “My boy, Matt.”

 

“Justin, I need to go see someone, be right back.”  Brian kisses my temple and is gone

 

Zaden whispers something to Faal and she too is gone and it is just the two of us.

 

                “How did you two meet and how long have you been together, that was some kiss, still in the honeymoon stage?”

 

                        “Bar in Chelsea, in London.  Known her for 17 been with her for 15.”  He grins hugely.

 

                        “Months?”

 

                        “Years.”

 

I splutter on my drink. 

 

                        “Years? 

 

“I see you in her I think.”  He smiles at me.

 

“Huh?”

 

“You’ve read her file, yes?  She’s ex-military tours in Iraq and Afghanistan, a smart and strong woman.   Look what she has done with her father’s company.  You, I have heard about after all the things that happened to you, you are still here and a raging success, but you need to realise Mr Taylor you don’t have to fight every battle to win the war.  Let him defend you…when someone bitches at you wait, look at him and nod…some of the best thank you fucks in my life have been when she has done that.”

 

I smile at his candour and look across at Brian who winks at me, I wink back and raise my glass to Faal.

 

                        “Thanks.  And it’s Justin.”

 

                “Welcome…now if you will excuse me I have to go find out why my son wears a suede shirt to motocross, not his suede shirt, my suede shirt, which is Prada by the way!  Matt!

 

I watch as he knuckles Matt’s head and then gestures towards the house and the kids start to head in our direction.

 

He bumps into Brian on the way asking him something, he nods and they head into the house.  

 

Brian snags a couple of glasses of champagne after wrapping his arms round me after he hands me one, he nuzzles my neck.

 

                “You okay?”  He asks

 

I nod and snuggle further into his chest.  Just then Ben and Michael come over, Michael does not look happy.

 

                “Oh shit now what?”  I mumble.

 

                “Are you guys enjoying yourself?”  Brian asks them

 

                “Oh I think you may have a fellow label queen in Faal…”  I say to Brian.

 

                “Him?  He was just so rude and aggressive to me…”

 

                “He was reciprocating the rudeness.”  I reply.

 

                “I wasn’t being rude, it was a joke, you know ha-ha funny, seems he doesn’t have a sense of humour.”

 

                “It is never a joke when you are the only one laughing.”  I can feel my anger rising.

 

                “Look here Boy Wonder…”

 

I feel Brian stiffen and I tap his hands to get him to let go.  I take a step towards Michael but then remembering Faal’s words, I stop, turn and give a small nod to Brian, at first he frowns and then he gets it.

 

                “Don’t call him Boy Wonder.  I have told you this before.  That shit stops now.  Do you understand?”

 

Michael looks truly stunned as does Ben, it is not as if he’s not defended me before but usually it is after the row has escalated to epic proportions and he just wants it to stop.

 

                “Uh yeah Brian I got it.”

 

“I mean it, don’t do it again.  Either respect him and all he has done for you or…”

 

                        “I said I got it.”  Michael grumbles.

 

I have never been so turned on in my life.  Brian gathers me back into his arms and I feel his cock hard against my ass, he kisses my neck and sighs happily.

 

                        “Thank you.”  He whispers

 

                        “No thank you, and I am sorry I didn’t let you do this before…”

 

Suddenly a song blares out over the system, definitely not the classic music that we had before.

 

                        “What the hell is that?”  Brian shouts

 

                        “Oh shit, be right back!”  Zaden shouts and runs to the house, suddenly the soothing music returns.

 

She comes to us looking embarrassed.

 

                “I am so sorry.  It would appear that my son wanted to change the music indoors but managed to change it outside as well…that was Harder than You Think.”

 

                        “What was?  Michael asks

 

                        “No I mean that was the song by Public Enemy.  Harder than you Think, it’s rap music.”

 

We all groan and she frowns.

 

                        “Have you listened to it?”

 

“I don’t need to listen to songs that talk about bitches, hos and…”

 

“Michael, is that what you think their songs are about?” 

 

Nobody had seen Blake come up and so we were a little surprised.

 

                “Rap or Hip-Hop music is used as a social commentary whilst the lyrics may to some be offensive, they resonate to the target audience who feel disenfranchised and ignored.  Do you know who the 2nd biggest genre is in the music world?”

 

All but Zaden shake their heads.

 

                “Hip hop and rap music.  There may have been some artists that have broken through, like Eminem and they rewarded him with an Oscar, but eventually they fall by the wayside.  Now it couldn’t get that way without people listening to it could it?  Personally I prefer Jay-Z, T.I. and Common to Eminem but that’s just me.”

 

And with that he went back to join Ted and Zaden went to find Faal.

 

                        “You know, Michael, that’s the 2nd time Blake’s slapped you down.  It’s refreshing.” 

 

He went to say something but one look from Brian and he is quiet, I must find Zaden and ask her if I could kiss her husband’s feet!

 

FAAL

 

Oh I just want to slap that little man!  How dare he?  I am so cross!

 

                “Come with me!”

 

Reluctantly I follow Zaden where she leads as I begin to explain she drops to her knees opens my zip and shuts me up.

 

MICHAEL

 

                “Nice of you to defend me.”  I growl at Ben.

 

                “I can’t defend the indefensible.”  He growls back

 

Before I can say anything I hear my Ma cry out.

 

                “Now isn’t she gorgeous!”

 

We all turn to her and there is Steve, great just great, and he’s holding a little girl.  He heads towards us and puts said little girl down, she grabs hold of his leg and hides behind him.

 

                “Hey Ben, Michael having a good time?”  He asks

 

We both nod.

 

                “Who’s this little beauty?”  Ben asks getting down on his haunches to have a better look.

 

                “Taylor.  Don’t be insulted if she stays right where she is, she’s not…”

 

Taylor looks round her dad’s legs and raises her arms at Ben.

 

                “Up.”  She demands

 

                “Oh.  Um okay.”  Ben stutters and picks her up and she buries herself into his neck.

 

                “Soft.”  She whispers stroking his face.

 

                “Thank you.”

 

                “Well fuc…I mean I’ll be damned, seriously never takes to anybody, you have the magic touch Ben!”

 

Before we can say anything else there is an enormous rumble of thunder followed by rain.

 

                “Shit!  Everyone in, come on!”  Brian hollers.

 

Once we are inside, we all head to the kitchen, where we find the kids, Zaden and Faal talking. 

 

                “Brian, can I have a towel for Taylor, she got a bit wet.”  Ben asks

 

                “As much as I love the Pitts, can they not get the fucking weather right?”  Faal gripes

 

Zaden digs him in the ribs before starting to rummage through drawers.

 

                “What the hell are you doing?”  I demand.

 

                “Looking for the…aha!”  She pulls out long matches and heads to the fire place.

 

Within minutes a roaring fire is warming up the kitchen, despite my thoughts that she is being rather high handed and acting like she owns the place it is toasty warm in here. 

 

                “Okay let’s all go to the lounge Zee’s set up the fire in there too.”  Brian calls out

 

As we file out I notice that Hunter and one other boy looks rather cosy together.  What’s that about and why are Gus and Jenny grinning?

 

                “Smores!”  Emmett cries out.  “Be right back!”

 

Ten minutes later he is back everything we need for smores.

 

                “What goes better with smores than smoked brandy?   Like Ems will be right back…oh fuck it’s still raining, oh well it’s worth it!”

 

And with that she is gone. 

 

Ben still has Taylor with him despite his efforts to hand her back to her father, she is now sleeping on his shoulder wrapped in a blanket. 

 

                “Hey Ben maybe put her on the sofa she’s pretty much out.”  Steve suggests.

 

Ben shoots him a grateful smile and between the two of them they manage to get Taylor’s limpet grip loosened and settled on the sofa and I finally get to sit next to my man.

 

JUSTIN

 

                “Is it me or has she been gone a really long time?” 

 

                “No, it’s not you.”  Faal states and gets up.  “Where did she park?” 

 

                “By the back, do you want me to come with you?” 

 

He shakes his head and takes off his jacket and is gone; we all look at each other, I try not to panic over the fact he has a gun.  Matt keeps looking at the door and is breathing heavily.

 

                “Alice!”  I hear Zee bellow.

 

                “What is it, what in the world have you got…oh my goodness kitchen quickly!”

 

We all dash to the kitchen, what greets us is a sopping wet Zee with a cat, a heavily pregnant cat who looks to be in labour.

 

                “Its okay sweetie, its okay you just do what you need to do it will be fine…”  She coos at the cat

 

The cat, which looks like a Sphynx is shivering and panting hard.

 

                “Blanket.  Gus get a blanket!”  Brian shoves him out of the room.

 

                “Lig, come you need to get out of these wet things.”  Faal is rubbing her arms.

 

                “No it took me long enough to get her here…”

 

                “Move please, come on move!  Let us deal with this!”  Debbie had taken the blanket from Gus and she, Jennifer and Alice were now forming a fence round the cat.

 

                “You go get into some dry clothes, move it!”  Mom is stern

 

Zee gets up and is enveloped by Faal.

 

                “Go have a shower to warm up and you’re good with sweats right?”

 

She nods and then starts to shiver, I think she’s been running on pure adrenalin, Faal picks her up and follows me out.

 

An hour later, a grinning Debbie, Jen and Alice come into the lounge.

 

                “Well?”  Brian demands

 

                “Mama and her four babies are now sleeping, now hear this, they need quiet and rest so nobody is to disturb them for the rest of the night, do you understand.”

 

Again with the finger and again with the nodding at the finger.

 

                “But what if we need something from the kitchen…”  Michael begins

 

                “If you need something then I will go and get it for you.”  Alice snaps.

 

I look at Brian who has been so quiet since all this began, he’s worrying at his lip, I know my man he wants to see them, and so I look at Debbie and then Alice and then my mom.

 

                “Uh Brian, I think I left my glass in there could you…”  Mom says

 

He nods and exits quickly.  After the longest 10 minutes ever I go to join him.  He is just staring at them in wonderment.

 

                “They are so tiny.”  He whispers

 

                “I know.  So what are we calling them?”  I ask as I snuggle into his lap.

 

MICHAEL

 

Taylor has managed to insinuate herself onto Ben’s lap again and playing with his fingers.   Jenny is bouncing between the sofa and the kitchen door, she wants to see the kittens.

 

                “Jenny no, come on you heard Alice.”  Mel reprimands

 

                “But Uncle…”

 

                “No.”

 

                “Okay.  But first thing tomorrow!”

 

                “I don’t doubt that for a minute.”  Alice chuckles and ruffles her hair.

 

She heads back to her friends and is grinning again.  Hunter and that boy seem to be enjoying each other’s company very much.

 

                “So who are you?”  I ask him

 

                “Uh, Matt, my name is Matt sir.”  He extends a hand and I shake it.

 

                “How did you guys meet?”

 

                “At motocross we told you that dad.”  Jenny reminds me

 

I feel Ben’s arm drape over my shoulders.

 

                “Ben, nice to meet you Matt.”  He shakes his hand.  “Who are the rest of your friends?”

 

Everyone in their group introduces themselves.

 

                “So rap music.  It’s a social commentary about your disenchantment with society?”  I ask

 

Hunter coughs and walks away.

 

                “Um, yeah it is to some, I just happen to like it.  Mom turned me onto it one day and that was that.”

 

                “I see.  She does seem rather broad minded.”

 

Matt shrugs and looks across at Hunter who snickers before turning back to me

 

                “I would say more open minded, wouldn’t you guys?”  They all nod.

 

I have a feeling I am the butt of a joke and I don’t like it.

 

                “How about HIV she open minded about that?”

 

                “Michael may I have a word?”  Carl is at my side.

 

                “Who has HIV?”  Matt asks

 

                “Well…”

 

                “Me.”  Ben states and takes his arm off my shoulders

 

                “Wow, how long?  Sorry, I mean…”

 

                “It’s okay, what do you want to know?” 

 

Carl pulls me to one side and then Ben is surrounded by the kids and taking questions.  Hunter shakes his head and leaves.

 

                “There is only so much of you being a dick that I can stand!”  Carl snaps

 

                “What’s going on now?”  Ma asks.

 

                “Nothing, nothing at all.”

 

                “I think he was going to spring Hunter’s status on that boy he’s been hanging out with and Ben took the hit for him!”

 

                “Not true!  I was leading up to a discussion about HIV in general and Ben leapt in when he misconstructed where I was going…”

 

                “Misconstrued dumbass!”  Carl snarls and leaves.

 

                “Why would HIV need to be discussed in any way?  Tell me, look me in the eyes and tell me you weren’t going to do that!” 

 

                “I wasn’t going to do that.”

 

She looks at me for a couple of minutes then nods and goes to join Carl.

 

Ben comes behind me and leans close to my ear, I lean back but am surprised when he leans away.

 

                “Don’t you ever do that again.”  He snarls and leaves

 

HUNTER

 

I know I shouldn’t cry but I am so humiliated, I know exactly where dear ole papa was heading with that.  Well at least it’s over sooner rather than later! 

 

                “Hunter can I come in?”  It’s Matt, might as well get it over with

 

I open the door and he comes in.

 

                “You okay?”

 

                “Yeah.”

 

                “Must be tough, having a father like that.”

 

I shrug willing him just to get to the point.

 

                “Hey look at me.  Look at me.”

 

He tips my head up and smiles at me.

 

                “Uncle, two cousins and one…um friend…I know have HIV.  And I don’t give a fuck.  I just see them and nothing else.  Okay?”

 

I nod and blink back tears, he brushes them away and licks them off his thumbs.

 

                “Who’s the friend?” 

 

                “You.”

 

He brushes back my hair and kisses my forehead.

 

                “Oh God Matt is kissing my forehead.”  I think to myself.  “Do not freak out over this!”

 

                “And also maybe not talk out loud.”  Matt whispers

 

Before I can embarrass myself anymore his mouth covers mine.  It is the gentlest kiss in the world.

 

                “Okay?”

 

                “You, you kissed me.”

 

He nods and pushes me back onto the bed and slides over me, he runs his fingers through my hair.  My heart is pounding and all blood is now in my crotch.

 

                “I would like to do that again.”

 

 

The last word I say before we kiss again is please…