Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

Gwen's POV

As soon as mom told me what happened with Grandma I make my way to find Gus. I hesitate for a moment as I stand outside his room. I don't want to interrupt the three of them. I press my ear against the door and sigh with relief when I hear only silence.

 

I knock lightly on the door and when no one answers I open it a crack to peek inside.

 

A smile spreads across my lips as I see Sara, Gus and Zack sleeping on Gus' bed. They are still fully clothed and curled into each other, making it hard to tell where one body begins and another ends. Gus' head is tucked under Sara's neck and her pink bra is slightly showing. I tiptoe closer and notice Gus' fingers are linked under the strap and Zack is spooned up behind Gus with his arm around both of his lovers.

 

I try not to giggle. I'm not even sure why I find it so cute. I'm just glad he has found a relationship that makes him happy. I watch as Sara stirs, her eyes fluttering open. She gasps when she sees me and I sit down on the bed laying my hand on her arm. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to frighten you."

 

She laughs. "No, it's okay. I didn't mean to fall asleep." Suddenly a scowl appears on her face. "What are you doing in here anyway?"

 

I suppress my smile, trying not to let her see my amusement. She definitely is an upfront person. "Dad told Mom about grandma and, well, neither one wanted to come up and find you three having sex so they sent me."

 

Sara laughs. "Shit!" She looks down at Gus and tenderly caresses his cheek. I can see a hint of a tear forming in her eye. "Your grandmother is a real bitch." She begins to tremble. "I'm sorry. I…I…" She chokes back the emotions I can hear in her voice. "I just love him so much, Gwen, and I hate seeing him hurt. There was no reason for her to be so cruel."

 

I reach over and touch Gus' hair and then look to Sara. "I shouldn't have invited her. I guess I just hope that one day she'll change, but if I had known she would be like this to the three of you, I would never have sent her an invitation."

 

"It's not your fault, Gwen."

 

I pat her leg hoping she's right. "Now, little sister, wake up the boys and I'll meet you three down at the wedding shower."

 

She looks at me stunned. "Little sister?" she giggles. "I think I like that."

 

I lean my head against hers and give her a hug. "Me too."

 

 

Brian's POV

I am relieved to see Justin sit down next to me. Now I know we are in this completely together. He smiles at me, reaching over to squeeze my hand. I look up into Crystal's powerful green eyes that have always held so much wisdom and knowledge even when she was a young girl.

 

Crystal looks at us intensely. Closing her eyes she takes several deep breaths and then reaches for her cards parting the deck in two. I notice her hand begin to shake as she hesitates to shuffle them. She sucks in a deep breath and tears start forming in the corners of her closed lids. She stifles a breath and then lets herself breathe deeply, carefully putting the cards to the side of the table. She lifts her head and opens her eyes.

 

They hold a force that sends chills through my bones. I am instantly aware that I don't know the woman sitting before me. Justin and I both glance at each other and I can feel the fear of the unknown once again running through the core of my spirit. Part of me realizes I need to go. I'm not sure what she will tell me, but I don't think I want to know.

 

I stand up hastily and push my chair back. Crystal stands as well and moves swiftly to block the tent's entrance as she growls at me. "I suggest you sit the fuck down!" She tilts her head in a jerking manner then her features soften. "I do not wish to frighten you. Crystal does not know I am here but I need to warn you. This is your last chance to make things right."

I sit back down feeling the anger building up inside me as I watch something taking over Crystal. I sit forward and fold my hands, leaning over the table. "Who the fuck are you?"

 

She leans close to me and smirks. I can see a fire burning in her eyes. "I am your last chance so I suggest you listen to me. Centuries ago you shared blood. I am that blood. I am the one in your darkest nightmares. I am the spirit you cast that night. I lurk within the soul of both of you. Without me you would not exist. When you brought me into existence you unknowingly set a curse upon yourselves. You have met in life after life but in every life you parted on unfortunate terms." She turns and looks directly at me. "Brian, you are the one whose heart has hardened. You even said it would when you drew blood. Your words were counterproductive to your magic, sending it into a whirlwind of chaos. You run time and time again, even only moments ago up in the room, you thought of running. Justin is always left broken and many times loses his sanity, becoming lost within the mazes of his own mind, where sanity and insanity collide. Brian, you will be the one to blame if this happens to him again. You will be the one who finds him years later, trapped within himself, locked away from the real world. When he does pass on, his spirit will move on and heal. Yours will live for eternity in your own pain and grief."

 

I find myself growing angry. "I wouldn't do that again. I have learned this time. Fuck!" I run my hands through my hair and stand up and pace. "Why would I do that? Why would I run away again?"

 

She laughs wickedly. "The question is not why would you do it? The question is why you would not? This is what you do Brian. This is what you created me to do, you stupid fool!"

 

Justin stands up and looks at me. His eyes are a shade of dark blue I have never seen before. He growls at the Entity. "If you think he bore you into this world to destroy us, you are the one who is mistaken." He takes a small blade from his pocket and unsheathes it. Justin holds the sharp object to his palm letting it sink into his flesh. He holds back a grimace and gasps as his blood bubbles to the surface. I look at him in a brief panic, concerned for his safety. I don't want to expose him to anything I may have when our blood connects. "Give me your hand," he says sternly.

 

Suddenly I remember it's been more than six months since either of us has been with anyone else and our tests came back clean. I smile at Justin knowing there is no turning back, no matter how many times I've thought of running. I hold out my hand, trusting my lover as I feel the sharp pain penetrate my skin. He takes in a deep breath and lays his palm on mine as he begins to chant. "Lie of our lies, death of our façade. Love is our only gain. No more trouble, no more worries, no more running, our souls are one!" He looks deep into my soul. "You are my one; my heart beats in you as yours beats in me."

A tingling sensation bursts through my body as our blood mixes into each other. Our fingers fold into one another as a spark of light shoots though the tent electrifying our souls. I glance over at Crystal and see that her body is glistening with golden hues. I watch in wonder as the Entity parts from her body. The woman is dressed elegantly in ancient Egyptian garb. She kisses Crystal on the cheek and guides her to sit down. Crystal sinks into the chair in a foggy haze.

 

The woman moves toward Justin and myself and gently takes hold of my hand and then Justin's. She smiles at us lovingly as she speaks softly. "You are now mended and healed. You will now be able to move on together in this journey of life and into the next."

 

I study the woman in confusion. "So you tricked us?"

 

She smiles and bows her head, kissing my hand gently. "No, my dear, I did not trick you. I just showed you what would have been your fate if you did not move past the curse you put upon yourself. I showed you that you can live and be happy. I showed you there is more to life than what you have now." She kisses me upon my cheek than kisses Justin.

 

He smiles and asks, "Who are you?"

 

She smiles back. "I am your mother."

 

His brow furrows. "You said he created you."

 

She nods understanding his confusion. "I am your blood line. I am the one who breathed life into you and all things living. Many take from me and do not return it to the earth. Part of me was taken that night and manifested into chaos within your own spirits." She backs away from us "Walk in peace, my loves."

 

I watch as she ascends and I sit back in my chair feeling extremely exhausted. Justin slumps down onto my lap and cups my face in his hands. He kisses me and breathes against my lips, "How many times do you think we have to mend and heal? Every time I think we have jumped a hurdle another one pops up."

 

I laugh as the tingling sensation courses through me again. I pull Justin in close and kiss him fervently. I feel a new spark of hope. "We are past that now."

 

I look over to Crystal and she smiles at me, reaching for her cards. "I'm sorry. I lost my train of thought. Now where were we?" She gently shuffles the deck and then lays the cards out on the table.

 

Justin and I look at each other with amusement and I whisper into his ear, "Well, Sunshine, you ready for another round?"

 

He chuckles softly and moves back to his own chair. "Sure, why not?"

 

Crystal grins at us and then looks to me. "You have recently made peace with someone from your past who caused you a lot of heartache."

 

I nod my head thinking of my father and all the strange events that have transpired in the last couple of hours. "Yes."

 

She has a confused expression on her face. "The cards are also showing me you have recently gone through an extreme transition in your life. You have altered your own fate for the better."

 

I clear my throat and feel the emotions welling up inside me. "Did it say what would have happened if I did not go through this transition?"

 

She nods her head and looks at me solemnly. "You were on a road of self destruction. You would have lost everything."

 

"And now?"

 

She reaches over the table laying her hand on mine. "Now you have gained everything. I see there is a special occasion," she giggles softly. "But we were aware of that. The cards are just confirming it." She lays down some more cards. "I also see another change in your family. You will be moving to a bigger place so the grandchildren have a nice environment to run and play."

 

I look over at Justin and he shoots me a sunshine smile and speaks excitedly. "I guess this means you were right about Gwen being pregnant."

 

We both look to Crystal for confirmation. She shakes her head and clears her throat. "That is something for you to discuss with Gwen, but I can confirm you will have grandchildren and a child of your own in the future."

 

I raise my brow at her. "You've got to be fucking kidding me. We both have grown children. Why in the hell would we want to do it all over again?"

 

She chuckles and smirks at me as she lays down another set of cards. "Unexpected events will happen that will make you both reevaluate your lives, causing you to want to raise a family of your own. One of you will ask an old friend to be the surrogate mother.

 

I lean back in my chair. "Well that is just unfuckingbelieveable."

 

Justin looks at me and laughs. "Well, as long as I don't have to fucking carry it."

 

I push him playfully. "Twat."

 

 

He smiles at me brightly and leans over to kiss me softly on the lips. "I love you too." When he pulls away I stick my tongue out at him and we both laugh.