Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

Gwen's POV

I keep hearing an annoying buzzing going off in my head and it is about to drive me insane. However, I am unable to wake from my wonderful dreamland of fairies and dancing. "Oh Shit!" Suddenly I am jolted into wakefulness as I slam my pillow against the alarm clock.

 

Laying back down I hear Jonathan laughing as he spoons up behind me, kissing me on the cheek. "For the birthday girl you seem fucking grumpy."

 

I roll over to face him and glare daggers into his soul. "It's too fucking early to be chipper and happy. Let me sleep longer, that's the only thing that will make this birthday girl in a better mood." I toss back over on my side and pull the blanket over my head.

 

I'm not sure why I am so angry this morning. I've been looking forward to this day for a week. I can't get over the sensation that something is stirring in the atmosphere. Truths are being hidden from me and I don't like being yanked around. Turning back over I look at Jonathan and his loving smile softens my mood. "Can I ask you something?"

 

He kisses me softly on the lips. "Anything."

 

Clearing my throat, I'm not even sure what to ask. "Do you feel something happened or is happening with our fathers that they haven't told us about?"

 

He seems lost in thought for a moment. "Yeah, I do."

 

I nod my head. "What do you think it is?"

 

Jonathan sits up in bed as I lay my head on his lap. He lightly brushes his fingers through my hair and smiles down at me. "I'm not sure, but I am pretty sure that you will find out."

 

I smile up at him. "Ah, you know me so well."

 

Jonathan raises his brow quizzically. "You do know that doesn't really explain why you're so grumpy? Did you have a bad dream?"

 

I shake my head then close my eyes tightly, hesitating to voice my thoughts in case they are wrong. "I guess I'm thinking about my dad. He was acting strange yesterday." I sit up and kiss him briefly on the lips. "You're going to think I'm crazy."

 

Jonathan lightly rubs his nose against mine and chuckles. "I already do." He gently lays me down on the bed caressing my arms, then interlinks our fingers as he places soft kisses on my face. "That's what I love about you. We are both a little crazy."

 

"Mmm, you're right, we are."

 

I momentarily lose my train of thought as I enjoy the feeling of Jonathan's lips against me. I turn my head into his caress as my lips capture his with a deep and sensual passion. Jonathan pulls back, smiles, then whispers, "Why would I think you are crazy?"

 

I take a deep breath and let it out. "I should be pleased that Dad looked so content yesterday. I mean he was absolutely glowing and I've never seen him like that before. I guess it kind of scares me to see him so open and obviously in love. He refused to tell me what happened but I can feel it. I feel his excitement and his love for your dad. Part of me knows they admitted their undying love and finally gave each other rings, but when I looked neither of them were wearing a ring. It baffled me because I could feel it. You know what I mean?"

 

Jonathan nods his head, "I felt the same thing. Maybe they're waiting to tell us, or maybe it's none of our business."

 

I scoff at him, "you're fucking kidding me right? They're our parents. Of course it's our fucking business!"

 

Jonathan kisses me again. "Maybe so but let's say we don't think about it for the time being." He lets go of one of my hands and reaches under my night shirt. I suck in a breath as his feather light fingertips grace my skin tenderly. Slowly he moves his hand across my abdomen and then guides it to my breast, rubbing my nipple gently. He looks down slyly, "so you think I can take your mind off things for a moment and make love to you?"

 

A smile spreads across my face and my mood lightens as I nod my head yes. I quickly fall into his embrace and succumb to his loving touches.

 

The Roller Rink

Emmett's POV

 

Gwen and her handsome devil of a man are deep in conversation. I keep hearing snippets about Brian and Justin and then the word proposal. I know I should probably let them be, but I am just too nosey for my own good. I wrap my pink boa around my shoulder. I think it looks stunning with my tight, blue half top and purple form fitting pants. What can I say? I like color and gossip. But fuck, I wish I knew how to skate better. I feel myself start to stumble and I grab on to the side railing trying to stay upright with no luck. These damn wheels keep rolling out from underneath me.

 

I look up and am a bit embarrassed yet I think I recovered rather well. I stand up straight and notice Gwen has run to my side. "Auntie Em, are you all right?"

 

I pat her on the cheek. "Yes baby, I just can't seem to get the knack for these things," I say, pointing down to my skates while I almost lose my balance again.

 

Gwen takes hold of my hands. Giggling, she leads me out to the skate floor. "It's just like shaking your tail feather on the dance floor; just a bit more of a glide to it." She winks at me, and then giggles again. "Auntie Em, I know you know a lot about gliding on and off of things."

 

I look at her in mock horror. "Oh my God, honey. I can't believe you would say such a distasteful thing; and in a family establishment." I lean close and whisper, "Do it again."

 

She tilts her head back laughing wickedly. I am so tickled by the moment I'm not thinking and I let go of her hands and clap, almost losing my balance again.

 

She laughs good heartedly grabbing me swiftly and turning around she skates backwards holding onto my hands, while I try to stay on my feet. I look over and notice Brian and Justin have just arrived, fashionably late as always. There is something different about them, but I can't quite pinpoint it.

 

 

Brian's POV

 

Walking into the roller rink brings back a lot of old memories. I look over at Justin and wrap my arm around his shoulders. He looks back at me and smiles and I have to catch my breath. He always seems to have that effect on me anymore. I notice right away the old Pac-man game is still there. I watch in wonder as Justin's eyes light up and sparkle enthusiastically when he sees it. Quickly Justin grabs my hand and drags me over to it. He leans up against the side of the machine and eyes me seductively and I instantly feel myself grow hard. He smiles slyly and pulls me in close.

 

I lean down and capture his lips in a smoldering kiss as Justin cups my cock and squeezes, as he playfully nips my lip. "Justin, are you trying to get me to cum in my pants?"

 

"Mmm, maybe," he grins at me mischievously and shrugs his shoulders. "Would that be a bad thing?" He reaches his hand in my front pocket gently pressing the engagement ring I have stowed there firmly into my leg then smiles up at me. "I love you, Brian Kinney."

 

"Me too." I reach into his pocket as well and I take his ring into my hand. I kiss him again then draw back looking into his eyes. I am glad he is so understanding. We both agreed it was best to keep our engagement a secret until after Gwen's birthday party. Neither of us wanted to take her moment away from her.

 

Justin kisses me intensely and I moan under his ministrations. "As much as I would like to make out and fuck you within an inch of your life, I really need to go wish the birthday girl a happy birthday."

 

Kissing him briefly I brush my fingers down his arms affectionately and taking hold of his hand we walk in together, heading first to the counter so Justin can rent a pair of skates. I grimace at those old grimy looking things and am thankful I still have my black leather skates from way back when.

 

When we sit down Justin glances at me with a mischievous smirk playing across his face then he laughs while I put my skates on. "Who would have thought Brian Kinney owns a pair of roller skates?"

 

I look at him sternly and glare. "I am not putting my feet in someone else's skates."

 

He chuckles then shakes his head lacing up his boots. "It just amazes me that you still have them."

 

I shrug my shoulders and tie my laces. Standing up I wait until I feel balanced then hold out my hand to help Justin stand. I notice right away that he has pretty good balance. He rolls smoothly beside me to get to the rink floor and I turn to smirk at him. "I thought you said you couldn't skate?"

 

He shrugs his shoulders and blushes slightly. "I lied." I laugh and pull him onto the floor while some old tunes from the 80's fill the building. I have to laugh when I see Gwen practically holding Emmett up. I look over at Justin and he seems to read my mind. When we approach the two I tap on Emmett's shoulder. "Mind if I cut in?" Gwen stops suddenly almost causing Emmett to fall forward.

 

He smiles at me and seems relieved to be leaving the floor. "Not at all, but I'm not so good at this. Maybe someone could help me so I don't fall on my ass?"

 

Justin takes hold of Emmett's hands. "I got you."

 

Emmett chuckles. "My, oh my, I get to skate with the handsome prince." I hear Justin laugh.

 

I glare at Emmett. "Keep your hands above the waist."

 

"Touchy, touchy," he retorts back.

 

Gwen smiles up at me. "Hi, daddy."

 

Leaning over I give her a kiss on the cheek. "Happy birthday, Pumpkin, I see you talked the whole family into coming. Looking around I see everyone scattered around the rink.

 

She giggles. "Yup, I even got Grandma Debbie and Uncle Vic to throw a pair of skates on."

 

 

Right at that moment I watch as Debbie and Vic sneak up on Michael and Ben. Debbie grabs Mikey's side and spins him around and I hear him screech; "Ma, Stop!" While Vic and Ben laugh as they watch the situation play out

 

"Having troubles, Mikey?" I ask in a teasing tone.

 

He shakes his head no as he tries to hold back a laugh. "Not really, ma is just being ma." Debbie winks as she rolls past.

 

Gwen takes hold of my hand and presses her toe brake to the floor, then pushes off taking me along with her. She quickly turns in front of me taking both of my hands as she skates backward gracefully. I am in complete awe. "I can't believe after all these years you can still skate like an angel." I wink at her.

 

She grins brightly. "Well, I learned from the best," she says with a wicked gleam in her eyes.

 

I let out a laugh and smirk. "Don't you fucking tell anyone that I'm the one who taught you to roller skate. I have an image to uphold."

 

"You know, Dad, as soon as everyone finds out you and Justin are engaged your whole image will be shot anyway."

 

I am so surprised by her words I let go of her hand. Gwen rolls away laughing, apparently at my perplexed expression. She does a couple turns then heads back in my direction. "So, I take it that I guessed correctly then?"

 

I am so baffled at how she knows these things. She is way more focused when it comes to her gifts than I am. I feel completely stumped. "How did you…when did you? I …I…wow! How do you do that?"

 

She beams from ear to ear and kisses me chastely on the cheek. "I knew it! I have to go tell Jonathan!" She skates away and I feel a knot of dread in my stomach.

 

"Guinevere Tabitha Kinney! Get your ass back over here now!" I growl.

 

Justin's POV

 

After I lead Emmett over to safe ground, he thanks me and I move over to Daphne, Jonathan and Tammie. "Hi, Guys," I put an arm around each lady kissing them both on the cheek.

 

Daphne smiles and kisses me back. "Hi, Justin."

 

Tammie also kisses me. "Hi Doll, glad you and Brian could finally grace us with your presence," she teases. "I can only imagine what you two were up too," she says in a sing- song tone.

 

Daphne chuckles. "Do we have to imagine?" She leans way over looking at her lover. "Then again, it might prove interesting when we have some alone time; play out some fantasies." I notice Tammie running her tongue across her teeth and Daphne laughs.

 

I pull away from them and cringe. "Eww! You girls are grossing me out. I thought you were lesbians."

 

Tammie grins brightly. "We are, but it is so fun to see you get all worked up." She motions her finger seductively towards Daphne to come to her.

 

Daphne walks over and kisses her. "Mmm, I just adore your humor." She kisses Tammie again

 

I look over to Jonathan, who has a mischievous expression on his face. "Do I want to know why you were late?" He sits down and I sit next to him.

 

"No, I don't think you do."

 

He chuckles. "You two are worse than teenagers. Is there something going on with you that I should be aware of?"

 

Unconsciously I slip my hand in my pocket to feel the ring Brian gave me. A smile spreads across my lips when I remember that ridiculously romantic evening. I try to hold back my emotions but I see it is not working. Daphne and Tammie have stopped making out and are looking at me for an answer. I shrug my shoulders. "Nothing is really going on with us."

 

Daphne eyes me suspiciously. "Yeah right, Justin, I know you better than that." She looks down at my hand in my pocket and I'm afraid I might be caught. I pull my hand out and sit up straight.

 

She jerks her chin toward me. "What are you hiding in your pocket?"

 

I know I must look like the cat that ate the canary. "Um, nothing?" I try to redirect the conversation with no luck. In a matter of moments I am being tickle attacked by Daphne and Tammie.

 

"Come on, Justin, tell us what you're keeping secret!"

 

"No!" I scream through my laughter.

 

Before I know it Daphne is holding the ring in her hand. "Oh my god! Oh my god!" Her eyes are wide, "Justin! Why didn't you tell us?"

 

I quickly grab the ring from her and put it back in my pocket. "We were waiting until after Gwen's birthday to tell everyone. She only turns 21 once and we didn't want to take away her moment."

 

I hear a round of congratulations and Jonathan grins from ear to ear. Then his face grows serious. "I think you should go ahead and tell Gwen. She's been moody all day; feeling like you and her dad were keeping a secret from her."

 

I raise my brow. "Really?" He nods his head again. "Okay, I'll talk to Brian."

 

Before I can get up, Gwen skates over to Jonathan with a huge grin on her face. She sits on his lap and wraps her arms around his neck. "Guess what?"

 

Jonathan rubs his nose against hers. "I have no clue. What?"

 

"I was right. My dad and Justin are Engaged!" She beams brightly then turns and notices me. "Hm, oops," she chuckles, then gets off of Jonathan and moves to sit next to me. She wraps her arm around my neck and kisses my cheek. "Congratulations, Dad," she beams brightly.

 

Brian's POV

 

Just as I am about to catch up with Gwen, Lindsay grabs my arm and stops me. "I'm glad you finally showed up," she teases.

 

I shrug my shoulders. "What can I say? Something came up."

 

She laughs, "Brian!"

 

Just as I am about to move away I see Gus approaching, holding hands with a young man and lady. "Hey, Dad."

 

I raise my brow. "Hi, Gus. Who are your friends?" I can tell by looking at the threesome that it's more than friendship and I cringe inside.

 

He smiles nervously. "Um, this is my boyfriend Zack and my girlfriend Sara."

 

"Nice to meet you, Mr. Kinney," they both reply pulling Gus away to God knows where.

 

I turn and glare at Lindsay. "What the hell is going on with that?" I point over to the threesome, who are starting to look rather cozy with each other.

 

Lindsay laughs nervously. "Oh, did I forget to tell you about that? You know Bri, he is 17 now and it is a very confusing time for him." She looks down at the floor then back up at me. "I was thinking maybe you could have that father son talk. You know the, 'it's okay to like pussy and cock , but not necessarily at the same time,' speech." She grins widely with hope in her brown eyes, nodding her head yes to encourage my decision.

 

"You have got to be fucking kidding me?" She shakes her head. "Shit! This is so fucked." I walk past Lindsay and see Justin. I feel a little less stressed, then I see the expression of worry on his face. Gwen is sitting next to him talking and Justin's eyes meet mine and I can see the apology in them. I smile at him, to let him know it's okay. My heart melts to see my little girl getting along so well with him.

 

I roll over and kiss Gwen on the cheek. Looking at the small crowd around them I guess our little secret is out.

 

Gwen stands up and gives me a tight hug. "I am so, so, so happy for you two." Then she slaps me on the chest. "Never hide shit like that from me again. I was so stressed today."

 

"We didn't want to have any attention taken off you at all. It's your day."

 

She shakes her head at me. "Don't you know it makes me happy to see you two happy?" She skates over to Jonathan and kisses him on the lips. They pull apart and share a knowing glance.

 

 

Jonathan clears his throat. "So, what do you say to a double wedding?"