Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

Brian's POV


Justin helps me down the hall. I still feel weak and I don't understand why or how Craig could have done this to me when I'm not even alive.


"Justin, where are we going?" I ask him.


"I'm going to get you out of here," he answers as we keep moving.


"What about you?"


"We're almost there," Justin replies without answering my question. I feel a gnawing of dread inside my stomach.


I forget my fear for him when we are suddenly surrounded by a pack of wolves. "Justin," I whisper in fear.


"It's all right, Brian," he replies as we keep up our steady movement down the corridor. "They're with me."


I study the wolves as the largest one comes to Justin and nuzzles her nose in his hand. They are a beautiful silver white color and their eyes are bright blue. I gasp when the large one looks up at me and I see that her eyes are exactly the same color as Justin's.


"We meet again, Brian." A rich female voice enters my brain and I blink when I realize it's the wolf speaking to me telepathically.


"We've met before?" I ask haltingly.


The wolf moves over to nuzzle my hand. "Yes, but it has been quite a while. I'm sure you don't remember me." I am puzzled by the bemused look she shares with Justin.


Justin brings us to a halt in front of one of the rooms. I suck in a surprised breath when I look at the room number. It's my room; our room. "Come on," he says.


"But…Craig…the mirror," I say, trying to keep the fear from my voice.


"We're still in the mirror, Brian. I can control what happens in here. Deb and Daphne helped me, and Natalie and the others, too. We have nothing to fear in here, and it's your only way out."


"Natalie?" I ask as my head spins with unanswered questions.


"That would be me," comes the voice in my head again as the wolf moves forward a little. "We are Justin's spirit guardians."


"Mother, can you watch the door for a bit?" Justin kneels down and wraps his arms around the wolf's neck.


"Mother?" I whisper as I try to comprehend what's going on.


They both ignore me as Natalie looks into Justin's eyes. "Yes, little one, we will watch for you, but you mustn't be long. He is waiting for you. This must end soon."


"I know," replies Justin as he begins to stand up. "I just…I need to…" He looks down at the wolf sadly, not able to finish.


She licks his hand. "I know, love. Go and do what you must."


The whole exchange has unnerved me and suddenly I feel lightheaded as I begin to sink to the floor. "Jus," I call out weakly.


"Brian!" Justin rushes over and catches me. "Come on. We'll get you inside so you can lie down."


We enter into my room without any trouble and it looks normal except for the strange glare that coats everything. Justin slowly lowers me down on the bed. "Justin, what's happening? Who is waiting for you? What was Natalie talking about?"


"Shh, Brian, you know who she's talking about. Don't talk now, okay?" he asks as he slowly lowers himself down to kiss my lips.


I lose myself in his kiss, but I want to keep talking. I want to know what he has planned. He's being so fucking mysterious about everything. I have so many questions, but he's so fucking stubborn, I know he won't tell me what I want to know. "Thanks for finding me," is all I say when he stops kissing me and comes up for air.


"I'll always find you, Brian," he answers as his hands wander down my body.


I cup his face in my palms. "Do you promise?" I ask him without bothering to hide the desperate tone in my voice.


I see him blink back a tear as he replies. "Yes," he chokes out as he takes my lips again.


He tenderly kisses my bruises and my swollen lip. "How did you get these?" he asks softly.


I shrug. "My father, or your father, I should say. I don't know how he managed to actually hurt me, but he did."


"It's the mirror," he says as he kisses my neck. "Everything's fucked up in here." He kisses down my chest and I realize that I had answered the door and had been sucked into the mirror with no shirt on. Hope Craig enjoyed the show.


Before I know it my attention is drawn back to Justin, who is now unbuttoning my jeans. I lay a hand on his to still his movements. "Should we be doing this right now? Shouldn't we be getting out of here?" I ask huskily.


Justin bats my hand away. "We're safe here. I need this Brian. I need you now."


He quickly pulls my cock out of my pants and engulfs it in one swift movement.


"Okay," I answer weakly, "you convinced me."


Debbie's POV


The protections we placed on Justin allow us to see everything that is happening to him. All we can do is stand in horror and amazement as everything plays out before our eyes.


I send out prayers for Justin and wipe away my tears. I feel so helpless seeing everything he went through. The words he speaks to himself echo throughout the room. Daphne and I share a look and for the first time we all understand the love that they share and the reason why Justin chose to forget.


I watch in wonder when Justin appears to Brian in the elevator and my heart goes out to both my boys because I know that the darkness is looming around them. I know their time is short within the mirror and I hope to Goddess they get out in time.


I watch as they leave the elevator, Justin tightly holding Brian's weakened body. They enter their 'mirror' bedroom and Justin helps Brian to lie upon the bed.


We all watch in awed fascination as Justin tenderly kisses his lover and then we see his hand travel south directly to Brian's…"Oh my God! Holy Mother Mary and Joseph!" I cry out trying to cover my eyes, but peek through my fingers at the same time. It's like I can't stop myself as I watch Justin kiss his way down to Brian's crotch.


Quickly I glance around the room and I'm glad to see the moms have the kids' eyes covered. I notice the rest of the adults are in my predicament; torn between not watching this private moment and having an opportunity to witness something absolutely breathtaking.


The mother in me finally wins out and I have to cover my eyes again. "Leave it to Brian fuckin' Kinney to get his dick sucked in a time of crisis! Jesus Christ!"


Justin's POV


I smile to myself as I listen to Brian's harsh breaths. What I told him was true. I do need him now. I need to feel his strength and I need to carry his essence with me when I face my father.


I know Brian is not stupid and he knows I'm up to something, but hopefully it will be too late for him to do anything by the time he realizes my plan.


I pull off his cock a bit and tease the head with my tongue. "Christ, don't stop, Sunshine," he pants out.


"I won't," I breathe out, "I love you, Brian," I swallow him down, taking him as deep as I can.


"Oh, God," he practically whines. "I love you too, Sunshine. I love you too."


I reach up and fondle his balls and increase the suction. I know I'm running out of time, but, God, I don't want this to end. I love the feel of Brian in my mouth. I love his musky scent and the way he alternates between gently combing through my hair and gripping tightly.


I feel his balls tighten and he gasps as he falls over the edge, spilling his seed down my throat. I swallow swiftly, not wanting to lose a drop, and let him fill me with his strength. Finally, when I've milked him dry I crawl back up and take his lips into a passionate kiss.


He reaches for the button of my jeans, but I pull away and stand up. "What's wrong, Justin?" he asks. "Come here. I want to take care of you."


"We can't," I reply as I reach down to pull him up off the bed. "It's time to go."


"Where are we going now?" he asks. "I thought we were safe here."


"You are, Brian, but you'll be even safer when I send you back through the mirror."


"What? I'm not leaving here without you."


"You have to. I have a job to do here, Brian."


"I want to help you."


I snort. "What are you going to do? You can barely stand up right now." He proves my point by wavering on his feet a bit. I catch him and kiss him gently as I subtly move him toward the doorway. "Brian, the best thing for you to do is to go back and be safe. If I'm worrying about you then I can't focus on what I need to do."


"I won't leave you," he says stubbornly. "I can't lose you, Justin, I can't."


"Who said anything about losing me?" I reply lightly. "I'm not planning on going anywhere."


I look up and through the shimmering mirror I can see our friends gathered around in our real bedroom. Oh, fuck, I hope they couldn't see everything. I feel my face burn as I blush violently. "Think we can charge them for the show?" Brian asks weakly.


I look up to see that he is looking through the mirror as well. "Sure," I reply. "Just save my share of the profits for when I get back."


"No, you can collect them now. You are not staying here by yourself, Justin." He grips me tightly. "You are coming with me."


I pull him to me and kiss him passionately. When he relaxes a bit I take the opportunity to pull out of his grip and push him through the mirror. I watch him stumble through to the other side and Daphne rushes to catch him.


"No!" He is yelling back at the mirror and I can't really hear him, but I can hear him in my mind. "Justin, you little fucker! Don't do this! Do not do this!"


"I'm sorry," I reply softly as I close my mind to the distraction of Brian, turn back to gather the wolves and find the man I once called father.


Natalie's POV


I can hear Brian screaming out to my son as soon as Justin unknowingly closes off the mirror. No one can enter or leave the mirror now and I feel the darkness around us become heavier. The other wolves and I are waiting for him in anticipation of the battle to come.


The bedroom door opens suddenly and I find myself looking into the eyes of my son of centuries ago. I feel my breath hitch because before me stands a man; a warrior. Glimpses of his old lives flash before my eyes. Thunder clouds loom over a desert canyon tainted with bloodshed. His long brown hair flows over his shoulders adorned with feathers and beads. His eyes burn with an intense fire as he looks to his lover. They both hold their bows with arrows at the ready as they move with caution.


The vision changes before my eyes to another time and another life. I can see my son walking through a blood soaked meadow. His long red hair is braided on the side, matted with mud and blood, as is his body. He wipes the blood from his face with the back of his hand and thunder crackles through the atmosphere. Rain begins to pour over him and his lover, their faces stern and fierce with vengeance. Every step they take shakes the earth below them. The brief kiss they share is tinged with the sorrow and the understanding of knowing that this is their last moment together.


Instantly I see an image of Brian as he is now. I can see the same expression in his eyes. Just like those days so many centuries ago, he knows Justin is not coming back. I can feel within my own soul that Justin knows it too. There is no turning back now. Their fates were sealed as soon as the mirror closed.


I think of the man who has caused all of this pain for my son, his lover, and our tribe. I hear Craig's laughter echo through the walls and I am thankful this cycle is ending. After centuries of pain we will finally be able to cut the ties and end the cycle of his spirit's malice.


Justin looks down at me with rage burning in his eyes. "It's time to go." When he speaks I can hear the magic and mysticism of his and Brian's lovemaking permeate the air. Even now, his gifts are strong, but it is his intuition that will get us through this darkness.


Justin's POV


As I walk toward the door I can taste the essence of my lover upon my lips and Brian's strength and courage penetrate through my body. I take hold of my dagger and open the door with force. "It's time to go," I announce to the wolves.


I begin to walk knowing they are at my side; no questions asked. I sense the heavy atmosphere of the corridors and then suddenly everything goes black. I realize I no longer have the lantern with me. Somewhere along the way it must have gotten left behind. I mentally envision candles and they appear for me. Spirits are moving in and out of the shadows and I can hear Craig's voice calling my name; taunting me.


"Show yourself," I call out.


There is silence and all I can feel is a cold chill coursing through my soul. The wolves move in close to me as we walk through corridors. We turn to walk down the steps and I see a green meadow and I look to the red sky. I feel anger for something I cannot even begin to comprehend. I begin to run toward the image with the wolves along side me. I can hear Natalie in my mind. "He is drawing us in. Remember, you are in control."


I suddenly stop to look to her and see the concern in her eyes. "Mother, I know he is drawing me in. I am letting him."


I can see the fear in her eyes. "Why would you let him lead you in?"


I can feel my emotions overflowing and mist forms in my eyes. "Because that's the only way I know I can get near enough to kill the fucker."


She nods her head in understanding. "You have said this before. In life after life you sacrifice yourself so others may live."


"I know." I feel the blood upon my face and my lover's last kiss. "I am doing this for him; for Brian."


She brushes her nose against my palm. "We are with you, my son."


I swallow hard. "Thank you for being here for me, and for Brian."


She licks my palm. "Always and forever."


Craig's voice echoes around us. "Well isn't this a touching scene? Oh, let me sacrifice myself so others can live. Blah, blah." He laughs and then claps mockingly. "Good show, good show. Now let the real fun begin."


Black wolves gather around Craig, their eyes glowing red and their vicious growls piercing through my heart. I feel a dull, cold pain rip through me and I grasp my chest as I look at the man I once called father. I see everything, every life, every moment he took away from me.


Unexpectedly the black wolves begin to charge at us. I look to Natalie and my guides and see that they are standing still with pure wrath seething from their spirits as a white mist steams from them. Swiftly, they begin to charge at the beasts, their paws cause the earth to vibrate as they run. I watch in horror as my mother in spirit jumps on top of one of the black beasts and digs her fangs into his neck , tearing away the flesh. Blood oozes from her lips.


I see my father taking pleasure in watching the scene that is playing out before us. That is when I see one of his creatures tear one of the white wolves in half. I cry out in pain as I feel the death of my friend. I begin to run toward the demon that harmed my guardian. The black wolf growls at me as blood drips from his fangs. "You are going to die," he cackles.


I take a firm hold of my dagger and without a second thought I plunge the blade into the beast's skull and he falls limply to the ground.


Rapidly I am surrounded by many dark beings; not only wolves, but wild pigs and entities of all forms. I feel completely engulfed by oppression and sadness. I envision a sword in my other hand and quickly plow my way through the darkness, hearing the cries and screams of the creatures as they die from the blades of my sword and dagger.


Thunder crackles and lightning lights up the field. Blood is covering the once green grass and I search frantically for my wolves only to see that my mother in spirit is left standing alone. Tears streak my face as I see the sadness in her eyes and then her voice penetrates my mind. "They will come back, my son. Only you can defeat Craig, otherwise all is lost." Tears streak her blood stained fur and roll down over her closed mouth. A single tear hits the ground causing it to shake. Thunder claps again and rain begins to poor from the gray clouds. I suddenly realize we are the only ones left amongst the dead. Craig is nowhere to be seen.


I peer through the rain and cry out to him. "Show yourself, you fucking coward! "


Craig appears and walks toward me with a smirk upon his face. "Wow, you do have some balls left in you yet. I was sure that mental hospital sucked them out of you." He walks in a circle around me and I feel the rain soaking into my skin as I watch him cautiously. "Too bad you're a fucking faggot or you could do well fighting on our side. You could join me and I will spare you life. You could walk on the right side for once, but you'll have to deny your disgusting lifestyle."


"Never!" I reply sternly. "I would never fucking join sides with you."


"Hmm, that's too bad," he replies scornfully. I watch warily as he walks around me again, only quicker this time. I suddenly feel myself becoming dizzy and my body sways slightly. Then I feel something sharp scraping along my back."


"That's okay; you'll be just as fun to kill." Craig's eyes glow red and his hatred burns through me.


"You are weak!" I bark out and then wince when I feel a blade nick my flesh.


"And you are a sick perverted boy who needs to be purified of your wrongs."


"Do it," I dare him.


He looks at me in shock. "It's never that easy."


I laugh at him. "I know. You had the chance once and you didn't have the guts." Quickly I move my dagger level with his heart. "It must have galled you that your sissy, faggot son had bigger balls than you."


We stand still for a moment glaring at each other. I reach into my pocket and grab the small mirror, flicking it open. I take a deep breath and suddenly, without any warning, I feel his blade pierce into my gut. I scream out in anguish as a sharp pain rips through me and I hear him laughing. "Guess who has the balls this time…son," he spits out.


I look at the man I once called father and his eyes glimmer with pure evil like he just conquered the world. I smirk at him as I suddenly feel the strength of my lover within me. My body is weakening but I know I have one last ounce of magic left.


I focus all my thoughts and begin to envision Craig's body filling up with blood. His heart grows within his chest and starts beating. The loud echoing of his own heartbeat startles him and he draws the sword from my gut. I can see the confusion in his eyes when I plunge the dagger deep within the cavern of his chest. He bellows out in pain and I feel the agony of my own body as, my legs weaken. My body collapses to the ground with a thud and everything around me ceases to matter as I begin to drift into nothingness.


Suddenly Brian's image comes to me and I remember why I am here. Quickly I hold the mirror up and as my father is falling forward his spirit is sucked in to the small circle of glass. He screeches out in terror and pain as I crash the mirror to the ground with my last remaining strength, shattering it into thousands of pieces.


I hear a loud sound as glass falls all over me and everything is suddenly filled with light, and then there is darkness.


Daphne's POV


We watch as Justin suddenly pushes Brian through the mirror to us and I immediately rush over help him. I wrap my arms around him tightly and he clings to me just as firmly. I look back to my best friend in the shimmering image of the mirror and I feel sudden dread that I will never see him alive again. I know in my heart that Brian feels it too.


"He's not coming back," Brian whispers huskily into my ear.


Brian's warm breath and tears burn against my skin and I draw back and see the haunted anguish within his hazel orbs. "Don't say that."


He chokes back his emotion and shakes his head. "Daphne, it's true," he says just above a whisper. "I know Justin. He stayed there, and he knew he wasn't coming back." Brian blows out a frantic breath and a cool white mist escapes through his mouth.


"Brian?" I clutch at him as his body begins to shake. I look around the room in confusion and then he starts to convulse. I feel the panic within my own spirit. Quickly I guide Brian to lie down on his bed.


I am surprised to feel a warm hand touch my shoulder. When I turn around Melanie is standing behind me with a solemn expression on her face as she graciously hands me a pillow. "Here sweetie, put this under his head." She swallows hard and I can see many emotions flickering within her eyes; pain, fear, happiness, sadness.


I touch her wrist in desperation. "Mel, can you tell me if he'll be okay?"


She shakes her head and looks to Vic. When she answers her tone is uncertain. "I don't know. I need to get back to Lindsay and Gus. They will be feeling the affects soon as well."


I look to her and then Vic, stunned. "What the fuck is going on?"


I can see the tears welling in Mel's eyes. "He's dying. Daphne, they're all dying."


A strange expression crosses her face and then I hear gasps echo throughout the room. I look up and see the vision in the mirror and my breath catches in my throat. I watch in horror as Justin takes a blade in his abdomen. "Nooo!" I scream in pain as I try to cast a spell to protect him.


Brian's cold hand is like ice against my skin when he reaches out to me. His eyes are glazed over and he seems to be focusing all of his pain to the mirror itself. The tremors that were wracking his body begin to cease. "There is nothing you can do now, Daphne. It is finished."


"Brian, no, it can't end like this." My attention is drawn away from him when I hear Gus cry out in pain.


Brian's eyes begin to darken as a black mist emanates from him. "Bring me my son," he gasps out.


I can see the fear in Lindsey's eyes as I pick up Gus. "No! Please don't take him!"


"Lindsay, Brian has asked to see him. Brian is dying, Linds."


Lindsay's voice is shaking and her eyes begin to hollow. "But, we're already dead. I don't understand." The white mist forms from her lips and fear radiates from her spirit when her body also begins to shake violently. "What's going on?" she cries out. "Why is this happening?" She cries out again and then collapses to the floor.


Mel quickly drops to the floor and scoops her up in her arms, gently caressing her lover's cheek. She looks at me and I can see compassion in her eyes. "Please take Gus to Brian. He needs him more than ever now. I have Lindsay."


I carefully pick up Gus' trembling body and cradle him in my arms. I lay him down next to Brian and I can see the tears trailing down his cheeks. "Thank you," Brian whispers to me. I swallow hard seeing the confusion and hurt in Gus' young eyes. Brian weakly holds his son's shaking form tightly to him and kisses him on the cheek. "I love you sonny boy."


Gus' body begins to still as he touches Brian's face lovingly. "Daddy?" But Brian's eyes are closed and he is still.


I look around the room with misty eyes and see all of our friends and family standing stunned. No one seems to know what is happening. We all turn back to the mirror and before I can see what happened a burst of light flashes through the mirror, shattering the glass.


Suddenly angelic voices are singing and the sound begins to warm my soul. I look above me and see tall lean beings of pure white light encircling the room. I watch in wonder as one of the beings lifts Gus' weak body and she kisses him on the forehead. Feathery white and silver wings expand from her back and then Gus' body begins to glow as light beams through him, casting a golden glow around his small form.


Gus gasps out a breath, opening his eyes, and then he laughs sweetly. It's music to my ears. He looks up into the being and stares into its glowing green eyes. "Angel!"


She laughs and cradles him close. "Yes, yes, one of many. Now child, go wake your father."


She places him back down on the ground and he looks up at her, leaning his head way back. "You're tall," he comments. She smiles at him and then he looks back a little sad. "How am I supposed to wake Daddy?"


The being's words seem to dance upon the wind as she speaks. "You, young one, have a natural light within you. Your innocence can make anything happen. Kiss your father upon the cheek."


He shrugs his shoulders. "You mean it's that easy?"


She stoops down and caresses his cheek and then holds out her hand. "Come; let's wake him into the light together."


Gus smiles happily. "Okay!"


They glide closer to Brian and Gus climbs onto the bed. The Angel stands on the other side and they both lean down and kiss Brian on each cheek. A warm, sweet smelling, wind blows throughout the room. Brian's body softly glows with a golden light and then he gasps for breath.


For the first time ever I see peace upon his face. He looks up the tall being. "What happened?


She smiles at him. "You're free." He swallows hard. "And Justin? Where is Justin?"


Sadness crosses her face and slightly dims her light. "He sacrificed himself so you, Lindsay and Gus could be free."


"No!" Brian screams out in pain. "No, it can't be. He can't be gone."


I feel my own heart clench for the loss of my best friend and for the pain I can see in Brian. I wonder how fate could let this happen.


A sob escapes my throat as Debbie brings me into a warm embrace. "I have faith that he will be okay," she says softly. I nod my head as I swipe at my tears, hoping she is right.


The angle touches Brian's face drying his tears. "He wanted you to live within the light. Justin did this for you, Brian, because he loved you, Gus and Lindsay so much."


The angel moves over to Lindsay, who is still lying lifeless on the floor. Mel looks up at the being with tears in her eyes. The Angel nods her head and the sound of wings fluttering echo through the room. "Mel, it is time to wake your beloved."


Tears begin to fall down Mel's cheek as she kisses Lindsay passionately upon the lips. A light sparks and then a golden glow beams through both of their spirits. Lindsay wraps her hand around Melanie's neck as she deepens the kiss. She pulls back. "Wow that was some kiss, Mel."


Mel laughs happily, wiping her tears away. "Yes it was, babe. Yes it was." Mel wraps her arms tightly around Lindsay and they embrace.


Lindsay draws back, noticing the happy faces around her and gasps in horror when she realizes someone is missing. "Where is Justin?" She looks to Brian and sees how stunned and numb he appears. She moves over to him, "Brian, where is Justin?"


"He sacrificed himself so we could have peace," he chokes out.


Lindsay's heartbreaking cry rings through the room. "No! No, it wasn't supposed to end this way."


Suddenly glass falls all around us again and I cry out in horror as Justin's limp, blood soaked body lies before us. Brian wipes away a stray tear from his eyes as he falls to his knees next to his lover's still form and after a long, agonizing moment, answers Lindsay. "No, it wasn't."


Then as quickly as it appeared Justin's body vanishes into thin air and Brian gasps as he turns an angry, tear soaked glare to the angel before he falls sobbing into my arms.


 

Chapter End Notes:

Authors Notes:


There will Be two more chapters in this story. Kris and I both wrote our own endings to the story.