Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

Justin's POV

 

I lay my head upon Brian's chest and he gently caresses my hair. I feel a tear drop onto my cheek. I look up into his eyes. "Brian, what is it?"

 

He gulps and draws back, taking hold of my hand. "We need to get inside, Sunshine. We aren't safe here."

 

As he says those words I feel a cold chill run up my spine. I gasp when I look to the bushes and see red glowing eyes peering back at me.

 

I walk hand in hand with Brian as we steadily make our way back to the house. I hear the sound of hooves charging toward us and Brian walks faster and then stops. I watch as he closes his eyes and then turns to the beast, speaking to it in a language I don't understand.

 

I realize the creature is not a wolf like I thought, but some form of wild pig. Its features are something I have never seen before, making it look almost demonic. My heart races and the fear begins to boil within my blood. I look to Brian for comfort, but he does not even seem to be with me. He is still speaking to the creature and when I look at him closer I see that his eyes are glowing yellow. I am instantly freaked out.

 

I know this has to be Brian, or could I have been tricked? Is this…oh my God! I look at Brian and he smirks wickedly. I lose my balance as I try to take off running.

 

He grabs me quickly. "Justin, Justin don't run. You need to be careful right now."

 

"But you're not Brian. Your...your eyes glowed yellow."

 

He smiles and gently caresses my cheek with the back of his fingers as he speaks softly. "It's me. I don't know what just happened, but I have a feeling Debbie is involved."

 

I look him deep in the eyes and I see he is telling the truth or so I hope. My thoughts are so jumbled with all that has happened. I swallow hard. "What did you say?"

 

He chuckles softly. "That I don't know. We both look over to the beast, that is now standing as still as a statue. "Whatever it was, it certainly shut the little fucker up!" Brian snickers softly and then takes my hand so we can hurry back to the hotel.

 

Debbie's POV

 

We are still chatting in my room when I realize our sunshine will be hungry when he returns so I herd the troops down to the restaurant's kitchen. I send Vic, Dana and Lindsay to go retrieve Gus and Mel, since I know they don't need to eat anyway.

 

As I am cooking at the stove an overwhelming sensation of fear for my two boys washes over me.

 

Daphne walks up behind me and quickly takes hold of my hand. She looks me in the eyes with concern. "I feel they are in trouble."

 

"Me too."

 

I turn from the stove and grip Daphne's hand tighter. I knew when she first stumbled into my room last night that we had an instant spiritual connection. After our talk, I realized that she is one of my kindred spirits; someone I would consider a daughter. God, I love all these kids. Dead or alive, they are my family.

 

Bowing my head, I begin to chant an ancient proverb of protection. Suddenly I feel my spirit escape me and I gasp when I see the beast charging after Brian and Justin. Quickly I feel my spirit being pulled into Brian's spirit and then I am speaking to the creature sternly in an ancient tongue.

 

"You have no authority over these men, dead or alive. They are protected." I can feel my motherly instincts begin to take over as I speak. "In this web I weave, you will no longer be able to torment these men. Your heart is stone."

 

The creature speaks to me in my mind's eye. "You may have stopped me, but there is another, and only one can stop him. We will not let that happen."

 

I feel my heart growing cold in fear as I envision Justin. Instantly I know he is the one, but I know he does not hold the strength to defeat such darkness; not yet anyway, but he will. I look at the creature as I think of a white widow spinning its web around the vile pig. I wish fervently that all the darkness could end here and now, but I know that it has only begun.

 

The spider that is spinning her web around the beast looks at me and hers eyes glow yellow. I can feel her energy spark through me and Brian's spirit as she bites into the creature and numbs it into stillness.

 

I quickly feel my spirit being pulled back into my own body and I gasp as I open my eyes.

 

I can see Daphne trembling. "We need to tell Justin. He needs to know what he is. That he is the only one who can stop this thing."

 

I touch her gently on the cheek. "We will."

 

Brian's POV

 

When we step into the back door of the hotel the smells of a homemade Italian dinner waft to our nostrils. I smile as Justin's stomach growls loudly.

 

"Come on," I say as I pull on his hand. "Smells like Deb's in the kitchen."

 

"I'm starving," he replies. Some things never change.

 

I lead him into the kitchen where we find Deb busily cooking and Daphne setting the large wooden table where Ben and Mikey are already seated.

 

"C'mon, Sunshine. Supper is ready," Deb calls to him when she sees us in the doorway. "Dig in."

 

"Justin!" Daphne hurries over to us. "Are you all right?" She asks as she grasps both his hands.

 

He pulls her into a hug. "I will be," he answers wryly. "It's just been a lot to take in."

 

Daphne nods into his shoulder. "I know." She grabs his hand again. "Come and eat. Deb's cooking is wonderful."

 

Deb grabs my face as I pass by her. "You finally found a way to get out of eating my food, asshole."

 

"Death does have its privileges," I reply, tongue in cheek.

 

"Well, you're still too fucking skinny!" she retorts.

 

"Not a lot I can do about that at this point, Deb."

 

"I think he's perfect," calls out Justin around a mouthful of pasta.

 

"There you have it," I smile at Deb and move to sit next to my lover.

 

"You guys okay?" asks Ben from across the table where he's sitting next to Mikey. "Deb said there was some trouble outside."

 

"There was," I nod. "Deb helped take care of it. What the fuck did you do anyway?" I look at my foster mother.

 

"Oh, I just took over your spirit for a few minutes so I could tell that pig where to go." She smiles at all of us while I stare at her. I had no idea she was there with me.

 

"Good," Ben smiles.

 

"Justin," Michael looks at my lover earnestly. "I'm so sorry about the thing with the elevator. I honestly thought it was Brian who told me to have you use it. I would never hurt you on purpose. I hope you believe that."

 

I can see Justin tense a little at the mention of the elevator, but I just place a hand on his thigh and give it a reassuring squeeze. He looks up and smiles at my best friend. "It's okay, Michael. I know you didn't mean any harm. I think…I think it was something I had to see."

 

Michael nods solemnly in relief. "Thanks, Justin."

 

"Hey all," says Emmett cheerfully from the kitchen door where he's leading Ted in as well. "Teddy woke up famished so we decided to follow our noses and of course they led us right here."

 

"Hey," a somewhat subdued Ted raises a hand in greeting.

 

"Hi, Ted," says Michael sympathetically. "Come on over and join us."

 

Ted eyes me suspiciously, but makes his way over to the table.

 

"Daddy!" yell two little voices from the doorway as Gus and Dana launch themselves into the room toward Justin and me.

 

"Watch out!" Justin and I yell in unison, but we're too late. They accidentally run into Ted, who falls and cracks his head on the floor with a loud thump.

 

We all hurry over and extract the kids from the pile up while Deb examines the unconscious Ted. "I think he'll be okay," she announces, "but he's definitely out."

 

"All those drugs probably aren't helping," sighs Emmett from his spot by Ted's prone form.

 

"We're sorry Daddy," Gus looks up at me with sad eyes.

 

I pull him into a hug. "It's all right, Gus. It was an accident. You just need to be more careful." I lift up Gus and carry him back over to the table while Justin does the same with Dana. I smile as he buries his face in her hair; like he still can't believe she's his.

 

"Well, get Ted over to the bench again," Deb says to Ben, Emmett and Michael. "I'll save him a plate."

 

"Did we miss something?" asks Vic from the doorway where he's standing with Lindsay and Mel.

 

"Oh, same old, same old," replies Emmett as he tucks a cushion under Ted's head and makes his way back to the table.

 

"Well, good," replies Vic. "Because we need to talk." He and the girls move to sit at the table. "Our time here is getting short and if we are going to save Lindsay, Gus and Brian we need to do something now." He pauses to look at Justin. "And you are just the man to do it."

 

Craig/Entity's POV

 

I hover around the kitchen trying to hear what they're saying about me. That fucking red headed witch has put protections up around them though.

 

She is powerful. I know it was her that interfered with my little game out by the gazebo. She and that Daphne do nothing but cause trouble. It's all that Daphne's fault that I lost my son in the first place. Taking him off on wild trips and putting ideas into his head. Soon I'll have her as well as the rest of them. I won't rest until they're all in my clutches.

 

I feel the other dark spirits gathering around me. The others have always been with me since I came to this place. They have lingered here for a long while, since the building's origins as a hospital. When I came, I gave to them power and a purpose, but since the elevator dropped even more have joined us.

 

I revel for a moment in the feel of the cold darkness swirling around me as I watch and wait for my opportunity to reclaim my son.

 

Justin's POV

 

I drop my fork and stare at Vic. "Me?"

 

"Yes, you," Vic answers. "You are the one who must defeat Craig, Justin."

 

"No fucking way!" Brian grips my hand and stares down Vic.

 

"Oh, come on Brian," Mel interrupts. "Don't be so fucking naïve. Who else could do it?"

 

"She's right," Daphne adds softly.

 

"Daph?" Brian looks at my friend as if she has betrayed me.

 

"He has the power to defeat Craig," Daphne explains, keeping her steady gaze on Brian. "He did it once before and he can do it again."

 

"No," says Brian. "It's too dangerous. I won't have you putting him in any more danger."

 

"Hey," I finally speak up. "Shouldn't I have a say in this." I squeeze my daughter, who has been sitting on my lap. "Sweetie, why don't you hop down and go play with Gus for awhile."

 

"Okay Daddy," he kisses my cheek. "You can do it, Daddy," she whispers in my ear before climbing down from my lap and running off in the corner with Gus to study Ted's lax body.

 

"How can I…" I start. "I'm not strong enough, Daph."

 

"Yes, you are Justin. You were able to kill him before and save yourself."

 

"But, I couldn't save Brian," I reply sadly. "And then all I could do was this." I hold up my wrists so they all can see my ugly scars.

 

Emmett, Michael and Lindsay all gasp at the sight. "But don't you see," argues Daphne. "It took strength to do that too. To want to follow him into the unknown. You can do this."

 

"No he can't," interjects Brian. "What he needs to do is get out of here and go somewhere safe. You too," he looks at Daph. "We'll be fine."

 

"No!" cries Lindsay. "You can't go Justin. I won't go back! I won't go back to the way it was before."

 

Brian moves over to his distraught friend. "Linds, stop it. It's fine. You can see Gus now and we're together again. I'll figure out something."

 

"She's right," Vic answers. "Brian, if Justin leaves now, everything will go back to the way it was, only worse because Craig has gained more power. Mel, Dana and I can't stay here much longer and Craig is not the only dark spirit working here. There's something bigger going on."

 

"Can't you do something?" Brian asks the older man in frustration.

 

"I am doing something," replies Vic as he looks pointedly at me.

 

"What must I do?" I finally speak again, trying to keep the fear out of my voice. I can't let Brian, Gus and Lindsay be hurt anymore by the man who I once called father. I just can't.

 

"You'll know when the time is right," replies Vic cryptically.

 

"That's not very comforting," I retort.

 

"Sunshine," says Debbie as she stands and moves to me, taking my hand in hers. "You are full of love and light and you always have been. You have crossed over once, but were pulled back which gives you a special insight to both worlds. I know you don't remember, but trust in what Vic, Daphne and I are saying. You will know what to do when you need to, and you will have the strength to do it." She pulls me against her chest in a warm embrace.

 

I look up at everyone and all of my energy seems to suddenly drain out of me. I feel so lost and alone. "I'm so tired," I say as a tear escapes and runs down my cheek.

 

"Oh, baby, of course you are," says Deb. "Brian, take him up to bed. It's been a long, hard day and this is too much for him to take in right now."

 

Daphne comes over to us, holding Dana's hand. "Get some sleep, Jus. We can talk more tomorrow." I nod and let her pull me into a hug.

 

Dana wraps her tiny arms around both of us. "Don't be sad, Daddy. I love you."

 

"I love you too, sweetheart. I'll see you in the morning. Don't come looking for me and Daddy Brian tonight, okay? Stay with mommy."

 

"I promise," she replies with a sly smile. "Mommy says you and Daddy Brian need together time."

 

"That's right, Pumpkin," Brian leans over and kisses her too and then pulls me up to my feet.

 

"Good night, everyone," I call out as my lover guides me out of the room.

 

Brian's POV

 

Once again I find myself back in my bed watching the glow from the candelabras caress Justin's skin. I swallow around the lump in my throat as my eyes mist over. I'm thankful Justin is asleep so he can't pick up on the fear I am feeling for him and all of us.

 

Gently I trace my finger down his silky shoulder and rest my hand on his hip as I spoon up behind him. As I lay there quietly I ponder what the future holds for us. I feel Justin breathe underneath me and I think of how much I have missed him. The possibility of never being with him again makes my soul ache more than I can ever admit to anyone.

 

When Debbie informed us of how she entered my spirit earlier tonight at the gazebo I was shocked. Fuck, I didn't even feel it. What if Craig or any other spirit could do this to me? Debbie assured me it was impossible because she had placed a protection spell over Justin and me, but I don't know.

 

I caress my fingers over Justin's neck. I know he needs his rest, but I just can't get enough of him. I love his soft skin, the way he kisses, and the tender way he looks at me. I bury my head into his back. I wish I could turn back time and change everything of the past.

 

When Daphne explained that Justin had been in a mental hospital it hurt more than I could ever think possible. I had a feeling; I think I've always known what had befallen him but to actually hear it. It felt like my heart shattered to find out all he went through that.

 

I don't want Justin to be hurt again. He has suffered enough pain in the last four years. He lost almost everyone he loved, including his child. I saw the pain in his eyes just before he drifted to sleep. I know he is struggling with all he has learned today. Vic, Deb and Daphne laid a lot on his shoulders tonight with all this Star Wars, you must defeat your father shit.

 

Quite frankly I don't want him trying to fight his father and all the evil entities that lurk within this place. I am so concerned that I might lose Justin forever. I know he doesn't feel strong enough to defeat Craig. Justin hasn't said a word but he doesn't need to. I know him so well.

 

I am so lost in my thoughts that I don't feel Justin turning into my embrace. I'm shaken out of my reverie when I see the concern in his eyes as he reaches up and wipes my tears away.

 

"Brian, I'm scared." He speaks so weakly that I can barely hear his voice. "What if I can't defeat Craig? What if…"

 

I kiss him on the forehead. "Shh." I look directly in his eyes and my breath is taken away by the intensity and beauty of his blue orbs. He is no longer that young boy I once knew but a grown man who has been deeply wounded. His soul speaks to me through his eyes alone. I kiss him again and my voice breaks with fear. "Justin, that is not why I brought you here. If I had known what Craig had planned I would never have put you in so much danger. I don't want you to be lost within these walls like Lindsay, Gus and I. I want you safe, so whatever Debbie or Daphne told you doesn't matter. You do what you feel is right. You find your own strength in your way."

 

He looks at me almost horrified. "Brian, I can't fail you, Linds or Gus."

 

"Justin, are you listening to me? I mean really listening?" He nods his head. "Right now, with you just having learned everything at once, you are weak. There is no way you can… Fuck!" I sit up running my hand through my hair and turn to look at Justin. "I don't want you to be hurt. "I know you can do it. I have seen your strength in the past." I place my hand on his chest. "You have so much inside you; so much determination. You have always gone after what you wanted; including me." I chuckle softly. "If you want to defeat Craig I know you can. I just want you safe."

 

He suddenly turns away from me and sits at the edge of the bed. "How can you have so much faith in me; after what I have done and where I've been?" he whispers softly. He turns to look at me and there's a haunted shadow over his eyes.

 

I move closer and wrap my arm around him, gently massaging his right shoulder. I brush my finger over his chin. "Because I know you. You're a persistent little shit and stubborn as hell." I smile at him encouragingly.

 

He smiles back shyly. "I am?"

 

"You sound surprised." I watch him carefully and notice something I have failed to see since he's been back. The once self-assured young man is gone. There is a complete lack of confidence in this Justin. I look deeper into his blue eyes and am frightened by the hollowness there. How could I have not seen it before now? I felt it for many years, but when I saw him again I refused to really see it. I kiss him softly on the lips. "Justin, what happened to you? What happened to the strong, confident young man I once knew?"

 

Justin turns away from me and stands up. I watch as he goes over to the cabinet and grabs the bottle of Jim Beam. He has a distant look in his eyes as he pours a good amount into a glass and takes a large gulp, then grimacing slightly, takes another drink. I can see the anger and confusion coursing through him.

 

I cautiously stand up and move toward Justin and soothingly cover the hand that is holding the drink. Carefully I remove the glass from his it. He looks at me blankly and seems almost frozen as he lets me just take the drink. I am suddenly scared. I have never seen Justin like this before. He just keeps staring blankly and all I want to do is shake him out of the trance-like state he is in.

 

"Justin?" I try calling his name, but he seems to be looking right through me. I feel a cold chill when I can hear him yelling, but his mouth is not moving. I gasp when I realize it's the same screaming I heard all of those years.

 

Setting the glass down I cup my hands on both sides of Justin's face. He gasps as a tear trickles down his cheek. I pull him into my embrace feeling his small body trembling against mine. I tilt my head back in anguish. "Fuck!" I try to hold back my emotions, but I am so confused by what's happening. I can still hear him screaming in my mind. His cries begin to turn into jumbled words. "Help me, help me. Make them stop! God, make them stop!"

 

"Justin, make who stop?"

 

"You can't see them?" he says harshly out loud. I can see the fear growing in his eyes.

 

I swallow hard. "No, I don't see them. Can you tell me what they look like?"

 

He stares blankly and speaks in a monotone voice. "Mother thought I was safe. She thought she was protecting me." The cloud slowly uncovers from his eyes and he lets out a gasp. His tone becomes more frantic as he grasps my back tightly. "They hurt me Brian. They would hold me down and force me to eat. Even if I didn't want to eat or drink anything." He begins to shake more violently. "They…they would locked me in a small dark room, where my nightmares exist." He swallows forcefully. "There was no bed or restroom. It was a closet I think. I could barley stretch out my legs. I made myself forget it all. I hid it deep in my mind like everything else, until Daphne reminded me of that hospital tonight. It triggered all those memories again; now I remember it." He gasps, "Fuck!" then weeps into my chest. "In that dark place I somehow found some form of solitude. There was always an angel. I could hear an angel."

 

I draw back and tilt Justin's chin delicately to look at me. "You heard an angel?"

 

Justin nods his head but I can see the doubt in his eyes. "I sound crazy." He shakes his head and lets out a humorless chuckle.

 

I close my eyes tightly. "Justin, I don't think you're crazy at all. Tell me what the angel used to say to you."

 

Justin laughs nervously. "He never said anything. He only sang."

 

I feel myself waver as I am flooded with my own memories of the past. I lean my forehead on his. "Justin, what did he used to sing to you?"

 

Justin begins to sing a very familiar childhood tune:

 

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine.

 

You make me happy when skies are grey.

 

You'll never know dear, how much I love you.

 

Please don't take my sunshine away.

 

The other night dear, as I lay sleeping,

 

I dreamt I held you in my arms.

 

When I awoke dear, I was mistaken,

 

So I hung my head down and cried.

 

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine.

 

You make me happy when skies are grey.

 

You'll never know dear, how much I love you.

 

Please don't take my sunshine away."

 

I try to hold back my tears. "You heard me?"

 

He looks at me in confusion. "Of course I can hear you. I'm not deaf," he says snidely.

 

I chuckle softly and shake my head. "That's not what I meant. You heard me singing to you. I...I never thought you could hear me. You never answered me. "

 

Justin places his hands on my face and his voice cracks. "That was you? "

 

I smile at him sadly. "Yeah." I wipe the tears from his cheek. "You have more strength than you know. You are so brave." I kiss him softly on the lips and then pull away and whisper against them. "Somehow you still let me in, even when you couldn't remember me."

 

He looks deep into my eyes and I feel myself melting into his intense sapphire orbs. He smiles sadly and caresses my cheek. He always knew how to make me feel whole and now I burn inside knowing all he had to endure. I know now he is capable of overcoming all odds. I swallow and tell him, "I know I used to say sorry is bullshit, but I really am."

 

Justin wraps his hand gently behind my neck and a tingling sensation flows through me as he brings my lips to meet his in a smoldering kiss. I gasp and open my mouth as he slowly glides his tongue against mine. He begins to walk me backwards to the bed. I sit down and look up at him; the light of the candelabras are casting a beautiful glow upon his skin. I feel my spirit soar when he looks at me with all the love we once shared.

 

I feel a lump in my throat from his breathtaking essence. I scoot back on the bed and am confused when he just stands there watching me. "Justin, what are you doing?" I ask, just above a whisper.

 

Justin smiles and I can see a hint of tears in his eyes as he climbs up on the bed straddling my thighs. Gently he brushes his fingers across my chest and his voice breaks when he speaks. "I can't believe it was you. After all this time, I finally met my angel."

 

I swallow hard. "Justin, I'm not an angel. I'm a ghost…a spook…I…"

 

He stops my words with a kiss and then draws back to look at me thoughtfully. "I know who you are, Brian. You're the one who got me through the hard times. Right now I'm so scared. I don't know how I am going to be able to defeat my own father, but I can't let anything happen to you." He runs his fingers through my hair and I lean into his touch. Justin continues to speak and I savor every word. "I always drew strength from you." His voice cracks again as his emotions overflow from him. "And now I need you more that anything, but I wan…"

 

I place an affectionate finger over his lips. "Shh, you don't need to explain yourself, Justin." I reach over to the dresser and grab a condom and lube. I put them in his hands with complete trust.

 

He looks at me in shock. "Brian?"

 

Tenderly I place my hands behind his neck. "I need this," is all I say before I crush his lips with mine, needing to savor every moment I can.

 

Justin's body covers mine and I feel so safe in his embrace. With all of his self doubt I wonder if he realizes how in control of everything he really is and how I am like putty in his hands. When I was alive I would never admit to this kind of vulnerability, but now the clock is ticking and I wonder how much more time we have left together.

 

I would do anything to keep him safe. I would lose myself into the depths of despair if I knew he would be safe and free from oppression. Moans of pleasure escape my lips as he trails soft kisses over my body. "Justin." I whisper softly.

 

He looks up at me and smiles tenderly as he traces his finger over my lips. He whispers, "I love you."

 

I close my eyes wanting to say it back, but I am unable to speak. All I can do right now is feel. Justin runs his hand over my shoulder, slowly turning me to my stomach. I open my eyes for a split second and see that the desire in his eyes matches my own. I turn over and bury my head into the pillow, gasping as my tears begin to overtake me. I'm glad Justin can't see them; I don't want to frighten him. I should be comforting him, and here he is comforting me.

 

Lovingly Justin kisses my ear as he speaks softly. You are comforting me Brian. You have given me more strength than you could ever know." I am stunned by his words and wonder if I had spoken out loud without realizing. Justin nuzzles his nose into my neck. "Brian, I don't know how or why, but somehow I am able to hear your thoughts."

 

I swallow hard, afraid of him knowing my deepest thoughts and desires. I take a deep breath and just hold onto knowing that we are more connected than we ever have been. I close my eyes tightly and just allow myself to take pleasure in his ministrations to my body.

 

I shiver in delight as he trails his tongue down my back. He rubs my ass lovingly and as he carefully spreads my cheeks I feel his hair tickle my skin. A smile of satisfaction spreads across my face when he buries his face into my ass and begins licking my hole lavishly. I pant with desire as I remember his touch from so many years ago and now, miraculously, he is with me again.

 

His warm breath dances inside me and I stifle a moan and then feel Justin's own moans vibrating against me. He kisses back up my spine and neck, and then trails his tongue over to my ear. I hiss when I feel cold lube as Justin traces his fingers around my hole. I am hyper aware of my hard cock pressing firmly against the mattress so I lay my head comfortably on the pillow and try hard to relax my body.

 

Justin slowly pushes inside me and I groan out in pleasure as I take in his fullness. Our bodies begin to move to the rhythm of our souls. I meet his thrusts with my own as I prop myself up on my elbows. I cry out his name over and over in my mind letting him know that he is the only one for me; now and forever. He kisses my neck and then thrusts even deeper.

 

Finally Justin reaches around and tenderly strokes my dick in time with his thrusts. He tucks his head into my back and I feel his warm breath and lips burning hotly against my skin. He cries out my name as his body begins to climax. The sound of my name on his lips brings me over the edge as well.

 

He slump down on me and I gently lower us both to the bed. Justin moans in satisfaction then pulls out of me. We turn to face each other and I smile at him as I kiss him softly. "That was amazing," I tell him as I lean my forehead against his.

 

Justin blushes. "Was it always like this when I…"

 

He halts shyly and I smile back encouragingly. "Yes always, but this time is different."

 

"How so?"

 

I brush my fingers over his forehead. "This time you know how I feel about you. You could hear my thoughts and we are more connected than ever before."

 

Justin takes off the condom and throws it away, smiling at me brightly. I hold out my arms so he can lie close to me. I revel in his warmth when he lays his head on my chest and I tenderly comb my fingers through his hair until he drifts to sleep.

 

I am startled out of my thoughts by loud banging on the door. Carefully I move Justin over without waking him. I am furious that anyone would come at this time of night to disturb us. I don't care what we have all been going through, right now is our time to regroup. I swing open the door harshly. "What the fuck do you want?"

 

I take a step back realizing I am looking at my own reflection in a full length mirror. As I am about to slam the door I can hear Craig's wicked laughter pierce though the mirror, his voice penetrating the stale air. "We need to talk," he growls.

 

Arms swiftly come through the mirror and grab for me. Before I can even call for help or make a sound of protest I find myself being pulled in.