Midnight Whispers
QAF Brian and Justin Fanfiction

After the weekend on Monday at school things weren’t any better. Brian sat next to Justin at lunch since he had argued with Dean the day before. The blond didn’t want to say go away publicly to Brian. He wasn’t that kind of a person. So he let the older boy place his tray next to his.

Justin had tried to speak some sense into his brother last night but it seemed like Dean just needed to solve his problems on his own. So Dean had stared at the two of them from under his eyebrows with a look that would freeze hell over.

Justin wasn’t exactly sure why.

Brian decided to ignore his best friend.

After Brian had followed Justin out of the cafeteria at the end of their lunch hour the blond turned to look at the brunet. “You know you are not making things better,” Justin stated as he walked down the corridor towards his classroom.

“How so?” Brian asked trying not to walk way too close to the blond. He wanted to accidentally bump into him just to get an excuse to touch the boy but Justin wouldn’t probably appreciate that.

“Dean hates you and you hanging out with me is apparently not appeasing him,” Justin took his backpack off his shoulder and held it in his hand.

“He’ll get used to it. Eventually,” Brian sighed.

“Will he?” Justin lifted his other eyebrow.

“Maybe you could talk to him?” Brian asked hopefully.

“And what would I say? You’re the one he’s mad at and I’m not entirely sure why,” Justin didn’t know the real reason why but he didn’t want to let Brian know that he had listened his and Dean’s conversation through the door the other day.

“He doesn’t want me to be your… Friend. He just wants to protect you,” Justin did not expect Brian to explain. He didn’t know what to answer so he just nodded his head.

“This is me,” Justin pointed at the classroom door that was ajar.

“I’ll see you around,” Brian smiled and continued walking.

 *

Wanna do something after school?
-B

Justin read the text message a couple of times. He wasn’t sure Brian had ever texted him before.

“What? Did something happen?” Daphne asked observing her friend.

Justin looked up puzzled.

“From your look I’m going to say someone send you bad news,” Daphne motioned towards Justin’s phone.

“Oh, no, no,” Justin shook his head. “It’s Brian. He wants to meet me after school,” Justin said.

“Is he using you to replace Dean? You said they were fighting,” Daphne asked and collected her schoolbooks from the table and put them into her bag.

“You know what, I think so,” Justin got up and pushed his geometry book into his back.

“So are you going to meet him?” Daphne asked as they walked out of the library.

“I don’t know,” Justin furrowed his brows and pushed the phone back into his pocket.

“Well I’ll see you in math,” Daphne said leaving to her class.

Justin took his phone out again and read the text one more time. He decided to answer it.

Sure.
-J

 Justin walked to his geometry class as his phone vibrated.

Great. See you at 3 outside.
-B

Three hours later Justin was standing at the entrance waiting for Brian. He tapped his leg with his fingers hoping Dean wouldn’t come and see him. He looked as students made their way out of the building talking and laughing.

“Come on,” Brian suddenly appeared from behind him. He took Justin’s hand in his own without stopping and pulled the blond out of the door. Justin followed wondering where Brian was taking him. He noticed that they were not leaving the premises as Brian started to go around the building. Brian stopped in front of a door that had a lock hanging from it.

Brian took out a wire of some sort and started to work on the lock.

“What are you doing?” Justin said suspiciously looking around if anyone was watching.

“Don’t worry. I’ve done this before,” Brian mumbled.

“That is never a good sign,” Justin laughed.

The lock opened and Brian pulled the door open. “In you go,” he motioned and stepped aside so Justin could walk in.

“What is this place?” Justin asked.

“Some kind of storage,” Brian closed the door and turned the light on.

Justin could see a bunch of rakes and sweepers leaning against the wall, two wheelbarrows, some boxes and some other stuff. Brian sat down on the floor leaning against a big wooden chest. “Come here,” he crossed his legs.

Justin sat down legs bent and knees pointing up. “So what are we doing here?”

“We,” Brian pushed his hand in his bag and pulled out a bottle. “Are having fun,” he shook the full bottle of Jim Beam.

“What the fuck Brian?! You could get expelled!” Justin exclaimed. Everybody knew the school had zero tolerance policy when it came to alcohol.

“Take it easy. No one’s going to find out,” he opened it and drank a mouthful. He gave the bottle to Justin as he swallowed the brown liquid.

“No way. My mom would kill me!” Justin shook his head.

“Come on. I know you’ve drank before. I’ve seen you drunk,” Brian looked at him.

“But I have to go back home sometime today,” Justin still shook his head.

“Not if you lie to your mommy and say you’re staying at Daphne’s,” Brian shook the bottle.

“Yeah. And where would I spent the night? I can’t go to Daphne’s drunk. Her parents would call my mom,” Justin looked refused the bottle.

“You’ll stay with me. Now take a gulp,” Brian placed the bottle in Justin’s lap.

“Not if your parents are there,” Justin knew he was shaking his head too much.

“They are not home,” Brian smiled.

Justin wrapped his fingers around the neck of the bottle and lifted it to his lips drinking a small amount of the liquid. “How’d you get this anyway?”

“Stole it from dad,” Brian said with a duh voice and took the bottle taking another sip.

Justin stared at the boy as he took his third hit. “You might wanna slow down,” he said taking the bottle.

“Don’t worry. I’ve had practice,” Brian grinned.

“Well, I haven’t,” Justin said and took another hit.

The boys sat there in silence for a while taking gulps and letting the alcohol do its work. Justin could feel the effects sooner than Brian since he had never drank whiskey before. He was not used to drinks that strong. Brian seemed to be handling his amount pretty well but Justin had no doubt that it was not the first time for him.

“You had a good day?” Brian asked lifting his knees up moving into the same position as Justin next to him.

“It was okay,” Justin leaned his head back.

Brian took another gulp and looked at the blond. “I thought about you the whole day,” he said.

Justin turned his head towards Brian still leaning it back against the chest. “Yeah?” he reached for the bottle again and promised himself it was the last time he tasted the liquor.

“Yeah,” Brian stared at Justin’s blue eyes. “I thought about the kiss we shared in your living room,” he said licking his lips.

Justin turned his head so he was looking straight ahead. He was seriously thinking of taking one more hit even though he knew it wouldn’t be wise. Brian instead took another hit.

“That’s it. I’m cutting you off,” Justin took the bottle and the cap from Brian and placed the cap on the bottle. He didn’t want Brian to pass out in the school storage closet or whatever it was.

Justin jumped a little as suddenly he felt a hand on his thigh. He put the bottle on the floor and looked at the fingers digging into his inner thigh. Justin lifted his gaze and found hazel eyes.

“I like you,” Brian said smiling a little. “You’re cool.”

Justin didn’t know what to say so he just stared at the other boy. He noticed the boy come closer slowly. He swallowed and licked his lips. Brian’s’ face was right in front of his. “Brian,” Justin said.

Brian stopped and looked at Justin not pulling away.

“I don’t think this is right,” Justin pulled away a little.

Brian looked down and closed his eyes.

“We’re drunk. You probably don’t want to do anything you’ll regret later,” Justin said feeling the moment grow awkward.

“I wouldn’t regret kissing you,” Brian lifted his head. “I don’t regret kissing you.”

Justin looked at the boy in front of him. He didn’t know what to do or say. He was drunk and now he understood why they said that alcohol made people do poor decisions. He even considered just giving Brian a permission to proceed. But it turned out that Brian was not really looking for permission as he leaned and closed the gap between them.

Justin felt the warm lips gently press against his. They felt so soft and perfect. Justin sat there unmoving as Brian moved his lips capturing his upper lip. He clasped his hands together in his lap so hard his knuckles were white. It wasn’t until Brian touched the side of his face when Justin moved his lips into the kiss. He accommodated Brian’s movements. He forced his hands apart and fumbled to touch Brian’s chest.

Brian pulled away and touched his forehead against Justin’s.

“You regret this?” Brian mumbled keeping his eyes closed.

“Don’t ask me anything,” Justin whispered. He moved his hand to touch Brian’s side. They stayed like that for a while. Justin didn’t think. He couldn’t think anything. He wouldn’t even know what to think about what was happening right now.

Brian moved to nuzzle the side of his face. He touched the skin under Justin’s right ear with his nose and breathed in to get himself familiar with the blond’s smell. He moved to Justin’s neck giving a couple of kisses on the pale skin. Then he pulled away and leaned back to the chest. Justin watched as he licked his lips probably still tasting Justin on them.

They did not talk after that. They sat there for a while in silence. Later Justin ended up helping Brian home because he was more drunk than Justin was. Back at Brian’s home they ate unhealthy snacks while watching a movie after movie not bothering with a real dinner. At the end of the day when they had sobered up Justin insisted he would sleep on the couch in the living room. Brian tried to get him to sleep in his bed but Justin was not ready to share the small twin bed.

Justin was woken up the next day by someone moving his legs. He felt someone sit on the couch. The TV was on and he could hear muffled voices coming from it. The sun was streaming in from the window and lightened up the room. Justin felt nice under the warm fluffy blanket. It was nicer than the one he had back home. He couldn’t say the same about the pillow though. His neck was hurting from being in a wrong position all night.

Justin opened his eyes and breathed deeply. He turned his head and saw Brian sitting at his legs drinking something orange out of a glass. His eyes were fixated on the TV screen. Justin sat up wiping his eyes slightly.

“Morning,” Brian said. “How are you feeling?”

“I’m okay,” Justin said with a sleepy voice. He was thirsty and the juice in Brian’s glass seemed really good.

Brian noticed him staring at his juice and offered him by giving the glass to the boy. Justin took the glass sipping it. The liquid ended up being just plain orange juice. He gave the glass back and watched the TV. Brian had been watching the news.

Justin pulled the cover better on him as the room felt a little chilly. “I should probably get going,” Justin said as he noticed that the clock was already a little after 9:00 am. His first class would start at 10:00 am.

Brian nodded. “Thanks for being here yesterday,” he smiled.

Justin smiled back at him. “Yeah, no problem,” he got up and started to pull his clothes on.

Brian pulled the cover on himself and drank rest of his juice. He said bye to Justin as the blond made his way out of the house.

*

“I told you, this was a great idea,” Daphne lifted her legs up and placed them on the back of the chair in front of her. She took some popcorn from a carton between her and Justin.

“I’ve never been alone in a movie theater. How is this possible?” Justin said and watched the huge screen.

“Sometimes when the movie has been playing for a while it happens,” Daphne smiled.

“I hope the movie will be good. Usually when you pick the movies we end up watching some romantic crap,” Justin watched the commercials.

“Then you’re going to be disappointed,” Daphne giggled.

“Oh fuck,” Justin threw his head back.

“It’s Maid in Manhattan! It has J Lo in it. I love J lo,” Daphne giggled.

Justin sighed and watched the screen as the movie started. It was going to be a long two hours.

Daphne drank her diet coke and just then the door opened and both Justin and Daphne groaned. “What the fuck! We were supposed to be here alone!” Daphne whispered angrily. They watched as one person walked in and the door closed. “Can you believe how much one person can suck,” Daphne pouted.

“Wait a minute,” Justin said watching the person as he or she walked past the screen to the stairs. “Is that Brian?” Justin asked.

Daphne stopped pouting and concentrated on him. “Yeah,” Daphne said stunned. “Did he know we are here?” she asked Justin.

“I might have told him,” Justin said and watched as Daphne turned to watch him. “What? He wanted to hang out again, I just told him I couldn’t and might have mentioned something about movies.”

They both watched Brian as he came up the stairs and stopped at their row and walked towards them.

“Excuse me,” Brian made his way by both of them and sat next to Justin. They both turned to stare at him. “What?” Brian asked.

“What are you doing here?” Justin asked.

“To watch the movie,” Brian pointed at the screen.

“It’s some romantic bullshit,” Justin stared at him mouth open.

“Shush, I’m trying to watch it,” Brian lifted his legs up and rested them on the back of the chair in front of him.

The three of them sat for a while watching the movie before Daphne took the popcorn carton and moved it over Justin. “Popcorn?”

“Thanks,” Brian took a handful.

Almost two hours later they got up and made their way out.

“Damn. It’s raining,” Justin whined.

Daphne pulled out her umbrella and opened it. “You two wait here. I’ll go get the car,” she disappeared into the rain.

Justin stood there next to Brian under a little shelter keeping them dry. He cleared his throat not enjoying the awkward silence.

“So that was an interesting movie,” Brian smiled a little.

Justin turned to him. “Daphne picked it up,” he said.

“I wanted to kiss you through the whole movie,” Brian said suddenly.

Justin looked at Brian and rolled his eyes. He wrapped his arms around himself since the rain had chilled the air. Brian came closer and rubbed Justin’s upper arms when he noticed that he was cold.

“Brian.” Justin scolded.

“What?” Brian smiled. He looked down into the blue eyes and licked his lips. He leaned down kissing the blond on the lips.

“Daphne will see us,” Justin said against Brian’s lips.

Brian reluctantly pulled away and took a step back. “Sorry,” he said looking down.

Daphne pulled in in front of them and they got inside the car. Justin got in the front seat and Brian took a place in the back seat.

“So where can I drop you off Brian?” Daphne asked pulling on the street.

“Liberty Avenue will do,” he said. “Justin, you wanna come?” Brian asked the blond.

Justin moved uncomfortably in his seat. “I don’t know. I should probably head home,” he said.

“Bullshit. You’re going,” Daphne said.

Justin looked at him trying to tell her to shut up without saying anything.

“You haven’t been there in ages. You should check it out,” Daphne smiled and stopped at the end of Liberty Avenue. “Now, go,” she ushered him out of the car.

Justin sighed and got out. He closed the door and Daphne took off. He watched Brian who was smiling at him and sighed again. He walked to the brunet and asked what he wanted to do.

“I’m kinda hungry. You wanna grab something to eat?” he asked.

“Sure,” Justin nodded.

They walked into a nice little diner as Justin got a text message.

Somebody’s been withholding information. Go get him lover boy.

Justin groaned. “Fucking Daph,” he muttered under his breath.

“What did she do?” Brian sat down at a table.

Justin turned his phone and showed him the message. Brian laughed as he took the phone. “So she did see us.”

“Yeah,” Justin slumped down on his chair. “So you should stop before things get out of hand,” he said but knowing Brian he wouldn’t stop. He could read it from Brian’s face as he smiled ordering them hamburgers and diet cokes.

“Do you remember when we were kids, we used to go to movies every Saturday and afterwards we would go somewhere and eat hamburgers with strawberry shakes,” Brian asked.

“Yeah. Only mom and Dean were always with us,” Justin nodded.

“I liked those days,” Brian leaned against the table. “It was the only day in a week that I would get to spend time with you guys. I mean the whole day. Didn’t have to watch after my drunken dad,” he told.

“I loved those days too,” Justin nodded.

“Remember the one time we saw The Lion King?” Brian chuckled.

“Oh don’t tell me,” Justin pressed his hand over his eyes ashamed.

“Here you go,” a waiter suddenly came and placed their order in front of them.

“Thanks,” Brian said and Justin nodded trying to hide his red face.

“You do not remember that,” Justin said as the waiter had left.

“Yes I do. Your mommy had to hold your hand because you were afraid of the hyenas,” Brian laughed taking his first bite of the hamburger. “And I remember Dean telling me how you had nightmares afterwards and you insisted on keeping the light on in the hall during nights,” he drank form his cup.

“He told you that?” Justin asked face still red. He started eating his dinner too.

“According to him you were a pathetic pussy,” Brian smiled.

“He did not call me pathetic pussy,” Justin insisted.

“No, not with those words. I’m sure back then he thought pussy meant only a cat,” Brian said.

Justin laughed at Brian.

Half an hour later Brian insisted on paying for Justin because he had so nicely agreed on spending time with him. Justin said that he had to go home or there would be consequences. Brian walked him to the bus stop and waited for the bus with him.

“Come here,” Brian said after checking his watch for the time and noticed that the bus would come in two minutes.

“No,” Justin giggled and stepped away.

“Come on,” Brian walked towards Justin but the blond just giggled and backed up again.

Soon they were running around the sidewalk and bus stop. Brian tried to catch Justin as the blond run away every time Brian came close. “You know I can outrun you anytime I want. I’m on the football team remember,” Brian tried to be mad at Justin but failed.

“Doesn’t seem like it,” Justin laughed and backed up.

“Alright then,” Brian spurted to Justin so fast the blond had no time to react. Justin found himself engulfed in Brian’s arms. Justin screamed and laughed trying to get out of Brian’s grip. “I got you,” Brian did not let go of the blond.

“The bus is coming,” Justin laughed.

Brian waved his hand to signal it to stop but did not let go of Justin. “I’ll see you tomorrow at school?”

Justin nodded. “Yeah, see you,” he said.

Brian leaned in and gave him a short kiss before letting him go. The bus stopped and the doors opened. Justin got on and payed for his ticket.

Brian lifted his hand and pointed at the driver. “You drive safe. He’s an important boy,” he said to the driver.

The driver tried not to smile and nodded at Brian as Justin exclaimed his name and once again turned red.

*

“Lover boy?” Justin yelled at Daphne as he stepped inside her room and slammed the door practically hard. “Lover boy!?” he repeated.

Daphne seemed startled for a second in her armchair before she recovered and smiled. “Since when have you and Brian been acting a little… Friendlier?” she asked. “And don’t deny it, I saw you two!” she added as she saw that Justin opened his mouth to deny everything.

“I am not friendlier with him. He just does… That,” Justin waved his hands in the air. “I’ve told him to stop many times but he never listens,” Justin was exasperated.

“Many times?” Daphne got excited. “How long has this been going on?” she asked getting up and lying on the bed on her stomach swinging her legs.

“I’m not telling you anything,” Justin hit her with one of her pillows.

“Why not?” Daphne asked disappointed and surprised. “We always tell each other these things!”

“You did not tell me you put Brian in a closet with me for money!” Justin hit her again.

Daphne sat up on her knees and took another pillow hitting Justin with it.

“So is he your boyfriend now?” she giggled.

“No,” Justin swung his pillow. “I don’t like him like that.”

Daphne threw her pillow at Justin. “But he obviously likes you,” she giggled.

“Would you stop it!” Justin exclaimed.

“No,” Daphne laughed and started to hit Justin with the pillow on his upper body. “I win!” Daphne yelled as Justin tried to cover himself with his hands. She fell down giggling and pulled Justin down with her.

“So what do think about him?” Daphne smiled all giddy.

“He’s annoying. That’s what I think,” Justin placed his head on a pillow. “I mean, he’s constantly there! He wants to spent time with me alone and turns up out of nowhere like today at the movies,” he sighed.

“And how often does he smooch you up?” Daphne asked.

“Fuck you!” Justin took a pillow and slammed it on her face. “He told the fucking bus driver to drive carefully because according to him I’m an important boy,” Justin looked at Daphne.

Daphne stared at her friend for a second trying really hard not to laugh but she couldn’t help it and started laughing out so hard her stomach hurt.